Quotes of the day

posted at 10:43 pm on January 26, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin remains a top favorite of Republican voters, but she’s also the front-runner they least want to see get the GOP’s 2012 presidential nomination

“These findings include 44% with Very Favorable opinions of Palin and Huckabee and 38% who feel that way about Romney…

“Still, one-in-three likely primary voters (33%) say Palin is the frontrunner they would least like to see nominated. Twenty-three percent (23%) feel that way about former House Speaker Newt Gingrich. Fifteen percent (15%) say Romney is their least favorite of the leading candidates and 13% say the same of Huckabee.”

***
“Different men are made for different moments in life, and Chris Christie’s moment is here. Or, rather, it will be here a year from now, when he gives in to public demand and to destiny and decides to, yes, run for president.

“He wants to run in 2016, when he will be seasoned, but if he is born to run (like somebody else from New Jersey), there are four reasons his moment is now: The nominee must be a new face, formed and shaped by the post-Lehman era; he must be someone who can unite the Tea Party and the GOP establishment; someone who can defuse the race bomb as much as is possible; and someone who can also emerge as the anti-Obama; a creature of deeds, not of appearance; somebody less talk than act.

“People love who Obama is, what he looks and sounds like, but what he does — tripling the debt, and giving us Obamacare — leaves them unsettled. On the other hand, few want to look like Christie, but what he has done — cutting spending, and dissing the unions — looks to be irresistible.

“As such, his theme song is already written: ‘My pudgy Valentine/ Sweet pudgy Valentine/ You make me smile with my heart. …’”

***
“Barack Obama has an incredibly devout base, made up of a handful of super-loyal constituencies. This includes the roughly 20-23 percent of Americans who are genuine liberals. Alas, that’s another frustration: Conservatives occasionally claim that Obama’s angry left-wing base has turned on him. Nonsense. Sure, liberals fume at Obama now and then, but they’re usually angry. In the end, those liberals will never vote for a Republican as president and against Obama. The left is too disciplined.

“In short, Obama can do practically anything, including worsen an already awful economy, generate unimaginable debts, and retain a lock on a significant portion of the electorate. Beyond that portion, it’s simply a matter of Obama again duping enough of the oblivious — who pay attention to presidential politics only about four weeks every four years — and enough of our nation’s exalted ‘moderates’ and ‘independents.’ These folks are incredibly fickle, often not making up their mind for president until they’re in that voting booth, as they did in November 2008…

“If Americans were willing to elect a man as far to the left as Obama in November 2008 — despite his background, his remarkably radical associations, and his highly troubling and still mysterious background — enough of them will again.”

***
“We’re looking at different dates for making that decision.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Sarah Palin is playing ‘rope-a-dope’ with the MSM and the Left. Those have gone out of their way to amp up the coverage and she just remains calm, even when scurrilous attacks are launched against her claiming there is blood on her hands.

Who took that round? The MSM? Palin did not ‘inject herself’ into that fight, she roped the dopes attacking her.

She did that with the Death Panels comment which not only got results but now gives us a handy way to when the FDA decides a medication can’t be used for a treatment because it ‘costs too much’. And when ‘end of life planning’ foisted on by Obamacare crawls out from under a rock it is pre-defined and cannot shake that tag.

What, exactly, has Romney or Huckabee or Newt or Giuliani done to get such results in the past two years? You have ‘he makes money!!!!’ and ‘people like him!!!’ or ‘he’s smart!!!’ or ‘he’s really serious this time!!!’.

I have a short and sweet laundry list of things that will determine who I will vote for. Who will start eliminating not just ‘programs’ but departments? Who will de-certify the federal labor unions? Who will tell the American people they have been scammed for generations by a tax scheme masquerading as a retirement plan? And another masquerading as ‘helping’ on health care by cost shifting from the ‘helped’ to everyone else? Who will say that shutting down companies hiring illegals will remind US employers that they shall not profit by such means? Who will remove the regulatory environment so that we can have a competative workforce on the LOW END as well as the HIGH END?

I do like Sarah Palin, don’t get me wrong, but I’m looking at the ‘leaders’ of the GOP and they are coming up shy a few bricks in the load… in fact most of the load isn’t even on the truck and those supposedly doing the heavy lifting are staging a Chinese firedrill.

I’ve got a problem with that.

And with the partisanship and rancor going on.

There is a dirty job that needs to be done here, and I’m seeing a field trying to keep the dandruff off their lapels instead of being willing to get their hands dirty and cut the federal beast down to size. I’m currently not seeing someone like that… and we have until about NOV 2011 to find one to get this shindig started.

ajacksonian on January 27, 2011 at 6:45 AM

Mitt? I guess Mitt. If we’re already saddled with socialist health non-care then his Romneycare past is a wash. And I’d rather have him making the 2-4 Supreme Court nominees to come than a second term President Three-Card-Monte. Christie/Ryan would be preferred. Brawn and Brains. It would be good to have a president who can fill out a suit.

curved space on January 27, 2011 at 7:08 AM

tigerlily on January 27, 2011 at 1:46 AM

One of the best smack downs I have ever read on these boards. Just wanted to give you props.

Alinsky on January 27, 2011 at 7:11 AM

OT

You have to go here and read this piece. This b!tch is not even funny anymore. Excellent write up by the blogger.

Marcus on January 27, 2011 at 7:23 AM

Marcus, was she ever funny? I must’ve missed that… Anyway, for “not taking [Michelle Bachman] seriously”, Meggers sure seems seriously bugged by her. They really don’t like her, do they? LOL!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 27, 2011 at 7:27 AM

America needs a better class of pundit than Noemie Emery. Chrisie didn’t diss the unions. He stood up to them. And Obama, as horrible as he is, didn’t triple the debt. He tripled the deficit – in each of his first two years and will again this year.

Republicans need a leader will the skills to contest the media narrative that elephants are bad and donkeys are good.

Basilsbest on January 27, 2011 at 7:32 AM

Asians Girl,

She [Congresswoman Bachmann] is one rogue woman who couldn’t even look into the camera directly and I take none of it seriously…”

Boy, I’d like to belt her in the mouth. Bachmann worked tirelessly for the Republicans to take the Congress while that useful idiot was hanging with Tila Tequila. Enough is enough. She was silent during her father’s primary.

Marcus on January 27, 2011 at 7:34 AM

Marcus on January 27, 2011 at 7:34 AM

why do folks give her the time of day? seriously???

is it because she is the only one who will actually go on those lousy shows?

cmsinaz on January 27, 2011 at 7:38 AM

cmsinaz on January 27, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Larry O’D tried to get Carrot Top, but he was too busy; so he settled for Meggers instead…

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 27, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Aslans Girl on January 27, 2011 at 7:41 AM

heh

cmsinaz on January 27, 2011 at 7:49 AM

Meggers looks and acts more and more like Tanya Harding…besides her dad being a senator, she is basically trailer trash, talking about her “competitors”.
Reminds of the joke where the “high class” women is offered a trip to France and the wine country if they could share a room, she agrees, then he states how about for 40 bucks we just go to my room…she huffily states “What kind of women do you think I am”, retort: We have established that, now we are negotiating.
We know what kind of girl McCain is…she just happens to have a famous senator for a father.

right2bright on January 27, 2011 at 7:56 AM

Meanwhile, I wish Mitt would just relax, he wants this way too much.
He would make a fine VP, a great cabinet member…but he can’t and won’t win a national election.

right2bright on January 27, 2011 at 7:58 AM

right2bright on January 27, 2011 at 7:58 AM

But, maybe with enough money he will… he didn’t spend enough last time///

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 27, 2011 at 7:59 AM

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 27, 2011 at 7:41 AM

I remember when Allah would have almost a weekly post with this meggers fool..guess he wised up a bit?

lukespapa on January 27, 2011 at 8:26 AM

How the H did she find that company? Taylor made to buttress her point about Gubmint getting out of the way and at the same time spoofin on Sputnik. I am blown away.

Geochelone on January 27, 2011 at 2:58 AM

She has family in WA. she has probably visited the shop herself on occasion.

unseen on January 27, 2011 at 8:30 AM

I despise ‘birthers’ almost as much.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 27, 2011 at 12:28 AM

You know I don’t rail on about the birth thing, so perhaps I’m not considered a birther.
But I really think it’s $hitty that this issue has been so marginalized that it has shut down any & all debate about it.
I personally haven’t seen any information regarding BO’s birth that has convinced me of his citizenship.
I think I am like most people in this country in that we have given up trying to get anything out of this issue bcs the left & some of the right have banded together to shut this down.
The ‘birther’ issue is NOTHING like the 911 truther thing.
And in a similar way, people are trying to squelch Palin’s chances at running for POTUS by stating she’s too polarizing blah blah blah.
The left did the same thing about the Communist issue back in the 30s through the present time.
Notice how Whittaker Chamber was right. Alger Hiss was a Soviet spy.
And yet the same crap happened in that the left marginalized the issue & no one pursued it any further.
It’s a shame people are really this easily led.

Badger40 on January 27, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Besides this being another, “keep repeating that Palin can’t make it” strategy, this did resurrect in my head the similarity between Romney and my first car -a beautiful black, shiney, slick-looking Oldsmobile club coupe: Looked great, but it was a disaster to own – 16 miles on a quart of oil and it always failed me when I needed it most. Polished that thing best I could,but it still caused me nothing but grief.

Palin’s attraction is that she doesn’t come polished from a political used-car lot!

Don L on January 27, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Sarah Palin on Obama 2011 SOTU “hard to stomach”… “it had a lot of WTF moments”Nearly Nobody on January 27, 2011 at 8:06 AM

As she did with Obamacare, David Brook’s joke, (our courageous American heroine) has captured Obama’s idiotic SOTU speech with one pithy comment. Winning The Future? Is that WTF? She is so savvy.

Obama: This is our Sputnik moment.

WTF? There’s no money for a Sputnik moment, you fool. Remember you cancelled the Constellation Program because there’s no money. The Pelosi Congress came to power in January 2007 and spending has been out of control ever since. And you didn’t merely double down on the deficit you inherited, you trebled down – three years running.

WTF indeed.

Basilsbest on January 27, 2011 at 9:01 AM

tigerlily on January 27, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Larking seems to disagree…now.

Lakin pleaded guilty for failing to obey orders.

During the trial, the Colorado native acknowledged that he should have followed orders despite his concerns about Obama’s citizenship.

But Lakin said Wednesday that despite his questions about Obama’s eligibility for office, he was wrong not to follow Army orders. He acknowledged that the Army was the wrong place to raise his concerns about Obama, asked to keep his job and said he was now willing to deploy.

Lakin’s defense attorney, Neal Puckett, asked the jury to be lenient, calling Lakin’s case unique. He described the 17-year veteran and Greeley, Colo. man as giving, compassionate and patriotic but also naive in trusting the poor advice of a previous civilian lawyer. He called Lakin the “victim of an obsession,” referring to questions about Obama’s eligibility, and said he made “one bad decision on one day of his career.”

Their words, not mine…

NextGen on January 27, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Sorry, Larkin not Larking.

NextGen on January 27, 2011 at 9:37 AM

The msm tried to push the idea that the One really worked hard on that speech and they made it his instead of letting it be claimed by a speech writer. Guess he didn’t see that little wtf coming and didn’t read Newtie’s book in 2007. Maybe he needs to proof read before it gets loaded onto the prompter. Why are they pushing high speed rail, is it something the greenies like or does GE make train engines.

Kissmygrits on January 27, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Badger40 on January 27, 2011 at 8:31 AM

I am led by NO ONE.
Birthers are every bit as extreme as the fools I had to deal with when I counter-protested the anti-troop/anti-Bush rallies.
They’re looking for ANYTHING-no matter how irrational it might be-to de-legitimatize the current incumbent of the Oval Office.
Conservatives have plenty of REAL issues to go after the current administration with.
If we can’t win on those…Obama deserves his second term.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 27, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Opinionator on January 27, 2011 at 3:00 AM

You ARE a cultist and you’re nothing to me.
I don’t let myself get bothered by a nothing.
You’re a ‘Mama Grizz’?
I’m a spitfire b**ch.

Eat me for lunch?
Good luck with that.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 27, 2011 at 9:51 AM

petunia on January 27, 2011 at 2:46 AM

Not every Palin supporter here is a cultist…but there are a few.

Don’t waste your time with, tigerlily, gary. opinionator and their ilk-they don’t respond well to reasoned thought.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 27, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Btw Birther Loons: The whole birth certificate thing was brought up originally by far-lefty Phillip Berg to help Hillary in the primaries.
The press ran with it..and you all fell for it hook, line, sinker.

Question for you: Let’s say in some alternate reality you’re right and I’m wrong, do you really want to cause a constitutional crisis that has the potential to destroy our government?
Is THAT what you want…or do you want to work your butts off so Obama loses in 2012.
That’s what I want.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 27, 2011 at 10:04 AM

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 2:52 AM

I visited the Spudnut shop in Richland, a couple of times this year and they have her picture up.

I never get there when the spudnuts are hot though.

Spudnuts tend to get stale fast.

petunia on January 27, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Geochelone on January 27, 2011 at 2:58 AM

She has family in WA. she has probably visited the shop herself on occasion.

unseen on January 27, 2011 at 8:30 AM

This is my neck of the woods.

Her grandparents live here… she visits, she ran a race here last year? There were all kinds of signs welcoming her.

Spudnuts are a potato farming tradition. They grow potatoes in Eastern Washington and making spudnuts at home as a kid was a big deal. I’m sure Palin’s grandma made them too.

petunia on January 27, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Mega-Mac can’t go any lower because she was always the bottom of the barrel. When the liberal media wants someone to insult conservatives, she’s a reliable call.

slickwillie2001 on January 27, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Winning the Future=WTF
I think whoever wrote the SOTU speech is really on our side. LMAO

So posters, if Palin (or Romney, Huckabee, etc) wins the primary cleanly, will you vote for her (or him) even if she wasn’t your first choice? Why not?
slickwillie2001 on January 26, 2011 at 11:47 PM

I will support any relative conservative that might win the nomination, but only if he/she is reliably pro-life. That knocks Romney out. $50 abortions and a seat at the table for PP. Sorry, Mitt, you can claim to be pro-life all day long, but your actions don’t match your rhetoric. That also means no Giuliani, etc…

I absolutely have an anti-abortion litmus test. I WILL stay home if I get a social moderate/lib. That is not a threat, but a promise. And I know I am not the only one. So, GOP, nominate a social lib/flip flopper at your own risk.

If Palin nominates Rick Perry as her running mate, I will still support her, but I will be pretty disappointed. I am not a fan of Rick. Somehow, mandating 11-12 year old girls be given a questionably safe, rushed through vaccine for STD’s isn’t my idea of a conservative position. Factor in his ties to the drug company that profited from it and that was a HUGE blunder there, Ricky. UGH!

And to the Birther question…If push comes to shove, I’ll stand with the Birthers. I don’t know where he was born, tbh. I’m not going to go out on a limb and say for sure he was born here or there, but I don’t understand the complete disregard for the rules by otherwise conservative voters. Something is going on. Why can’t we get the long form BC? It isn’t as if they are ignoring the evidence like ‘Truthers’ do. They aren’t being presented with any (aside from the things that suggest he was not born in HI). That alone is enough to make ‘Birthers’ seem perfectly sane to me. Actually, I think I am one, if it just means I have questions and would like them answered with more than ‘because we said so, now shut up!’. Just show the darn thing and be done with it, if it isn’t a problem? Hellooo….

pannw on January 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Let them all run. May the best man win. Just be warned that the best man may be a woman.

So far, though, I only see one Republican willing to take the fight to Obama. You wouldn’t think it would be too hard. He’s extremely liberal, and anyone who highlights that good and hard would destroy his chances.

No one is going to beat Obama unless he’s willing to attack his positions. So far, Palin is the only one willing to do that.

So if you want Obama to lose but don’t want Palin to win, you basically have to hope that Palin campaigns hard against Obama without running for president herself. That’s just not very reasonable.

Isn’t it funny how important it was for a candidate to have “fire in your belly” before Palin, and now some want Palin to campaign for someone else and just hand the presidency to him.

tom on January 27, 2011 at 1:04 PM

tigerlily on January 27, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Alinsky on January 27, 2011 at 7:11 AM

I love your handle, btw. And it seems beyond words, really, that Lt. Col Lakin has had his life’s work and sacrifice for the nation stripped and destroyed and he has been imprisoned when all the President, his CinC, had to do to keep this from happening is show his birth cert. Instead he let one of his “own”, as CinC, twist in the wind because he won’t produce a birth certificate. Incredible.

This is HUGE. It’s unthinkable that anyone who wasn’t sitting in the Oval Office fraudulently wouldn’t have shown evidence of eligibilty to hold such Office long ago, let alone when a man’s freedom and future were at stake. This proves a de facto Constitutional crisis. And not a word from msm. Expected. Not a word from HA? Useful______.

tigerlily on January 27, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Their words, not mine…

NextGen on January 27, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Lt. Col. Terrence Lakin also said, (and I’m paraphrasing because I can’t remember where I read it, so you’ll have to trust me)”that he had been put through a political meat grinder with no way out but to surrender to the forces that were bearing down upon him.”

Lt. Col. Lakin was disallowed by the trial judge to defend himself in the trial by raising the legitimate question of the need to see proof of obama’s eligiliblity to hold office of CinC. The judge based her decision to tie Lakin’s hands during trial, not allowing him to tell the court that as per his oath, he needed to ascertain that the CinC who was ordering him back into harm’s way was entitled to do so. Following from the judge’s gag order on Lakin’s defense, she would not allow discovery requests of obama’s original birth certificate.

The judge based her decision to strip Lakin of a fair trial because to request that obama show his birth cert, and I’m quoting here, “could prove embarrasing for the president.”

Where in the statutes is it written that a trial judge may squelch a defendant’s right to his defense and a fair trial is based on sparing the plaintiff “embarrassment”?

Lakin’s words of defeat, if those are his and not his attorneys, are words of a man who was duty bound before God, by his Military Oath, to defend the Constitution.
His life may have been twisted unrecognizably by the force of the Government denying him a fair hearing under the rule of law, but that in no way changes the fact that NO ONE can legally verify obama’s true identity, let alone his eligiliblity. obama has spent millions of dollars and imprisoned an Army veteran flight surgeon and has made our nation a nation of raw power over others, not a nation of laws, in order to hide a simple sheet of paper stating where he was born. If that’s ok with some Americans, I also have a bridge to sell them.

And unfortunatley, Lt. Col Lakin got very bad legal advice in going forward with trying to ascertain obama’s eligibility through the court system for just the very reason listed above. I remember thinking that when I read about it in it’s earliest stages, that the judge was going to rule his defense inadmissable, and I’m not an attorney, but I knew in my bones it would happen. It’s happened too many times before.

Judges have too much power to declare that a defendant’s rightful defense will not be heard. Therefore, the defendant must go through the trial mute. That’s what happened to Lakin. An attorney with a brain should have gotten to him and told him this would happen. But that doesn’t alter the truth about the fraud in the Oval Office. Not one bit.

tigerlily on January 27, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Here are the current Military Oaths of Office for enlisted and Officers. How many other military men violated these in order to let Lakin be destroyed and to shield our brave CinC:

“I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.” (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

“I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God.” (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

tigerlily on January 27, 2011 at 2:48 PM

tigerlily on January 27, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Since I’m married to a former Marine and I washed out of USMC bootcamp…which means I had to take the oath before I shipped out- I KNOW what the oath says.
Lakin violated that oath.
My husband agrees.
Btw: The constitutional crisis argument came from him-though he would have written it a bit more eloquently that I did.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 27, 2011 at 3:05 PM

The press ran with it..and you all fell for it hook, line, sinker.

That’s what I want.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 27, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Here’s an answer to your question. We are already in de facto Constitutional crisis. The man in the oval office refuses to identify himself. He has directed the government to swallow 60% of the private sector, including communizing health care. And we don’t know who he is.

A Constitutional crisis that would destroy our nation? How would that be different from what obama is doing, unimpeded, now? And do his minions rioting win and keep the usuper busy playing president by intimidation? Do you fear their riot power and so are willing to keep quiet?

The truth of your statement is as usual, quite the opposite of the facts. The ongoing, daily, de facto Constitutional crisis is ripping the nation to shreds, whether hidden from your sight or not. It should be followed to it’s logical conclusion under Constitutional rule of law. Obama should be made to prove eligibilty, or leave office. Period.

And then, EVERYTHING that he has done to destroy the nation becomes null and void. Talk about winning the lottery. Rule of law must be restored, or this nation is lost forever. I’m not afraid of the Left “destroying the government” if obama is outed. They’re doing that now with your tacit approval and your adoption of their smear tactics against those who you are supposedly aligned with in conservatism.
I’m sure they’d thank you if they knew where to send the card. btw, no matter how much I disagreed with someone, I would first argue facts, not name calling (that denotes weak ability to support one’s argument). However, if I did resort to name calling, I would never foul my lips with a name the Leftist’s choose.

At any rate, this crisis must be resolved and brought to a head in order to restore, not allow obama to destroy, our nation.

tigerlily on January 27, 2011 at 3:06 PM

I asked these questions of you twice yesterday, but got no reply. I see you came back to the thread and continued the subject, and have brought my name up as a cultist, loonn and birther, but still have not replied to these questions. If you can answer them, I would appreciate it:

1. On what evidence do you base your belief that obama was born in Hawaii, or anywhere in the contiguous U.S.?

2. Do you believe obama is a Natural Born Citizen? If so, on what evidence? If not, should the Constitution be followed in regard to denying such a person the Office of the President?

tigerlily on January 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 27, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Again with you, black is white and up is down. Lt. Col. Lakin upheld is oath of defending the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. If neither Lakin, who has sworn to God to protect the Constitution, nor any citizen of the nation, for that matter, can ascertain whether obama is qualified under the Constitution to hold Office, then Lakin is duty bound to resist doing his bidding, especially in terms of being put into harms way, until the question of eligibility is resolved.

Further, the ELEPHANT in the living room that you are completley oblivious to is the fact that a sitting president would spend millions of dollars and allow, as CinC, a decorated veteran to lose everything and be sentenced to Leavenworth prison BECAUSE THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WON’T SHOW HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!!!

IF THIS WASN’T SO HEINOUS AND MONSTROUS; IF IT WAS NOT SUCH AN INDICTMENT ON THE CHARACTER AND TRUSTWORTHINESS OF ANYONE, LET ALONE A PRESIDENT, IT WOULD MERELY BE EXTREMELY BIZARRE. ALMOST AS BIZARRE IS YOUR LACK OF ANY GRASP OF THE GRAVITY OF SUCH AN ACT AND THE FACT THAT IT POINTS TO GUILT OF TREASONOUS FRAUD ON THE PART OF OUR SITTING PRESIDENT.

Even if he someday produces a birth certificate, what will be his excuse for letting Lt. Col. Lakin be destroyed because he wouldn’t produce it now? Because he just wanted to have a good laugh and score political points at the expense of a veteran Army flight surgeon’s life? That’s almost as bad as outright Constitutional ineligibility. The man is a monster. He deserves no quarter. He will get on quarter from me. Nor will anyone who supports him in his monstrous destruction of the nation. Lt. Col. Lakin is another example of how obama has made this nation not a nation of laws, but a nation of men, evil, destructive men. Lakin is the canary in the coal mine. Another of the scores of blaring warnings that we ignore at our own peril.

tigerlily on January 27, 2011 at 3:27 PM

P.S. No, alt your assertion that Lt. Col. Lakin was able to put on a defense is flat out wrong.

In fact, Lt. Col Lakin was not allowed to make his defense, nor to request documents as per discovery, nor to call the witnesses that he had requested be called. He was not allowed to make his defense on the Constitutional eligibilty of the CinC. He was hamstrung, silenced and bound over to prison by a veritable Kangaroo Court. The judge said that his defense might “embarass the president” therefore it was denied on those ridiculous, non-statutory grounds.

tigerlily on January 27, 2011 at 3:32 PM

@annoyinglittletwerp: Please. I’ve asked you more than once now to answer the simple questions listed below. You have initiated engagement with me on this topic; but every time I post these questions you disappear. Please answer the following if you can:

tigerlily on January 27, 2011 at 3:53 PM

tigerlily on January 27, 2011 at 3:06 PM

“Winning the lottery”, good analogy! Besides, “birthers” can be told over and over to “shut up already!” but someone is going to bring this up and it will get resolved. I do take the Insider with a bunch of salt but he seems to think it’s coming out soon and with the gov. of HI inadvertently helping us, I do believe he’s right.

O stepping down early either because he sees that he must resign or because he’s impeached… what dreams are made of! O might even be relieved. He hates all the work of being POTUS ;)

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 27, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Aslans Girl on January 27, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Right on, AG. it’s really interesting that the Ulsterman’s democrat operative “Insider” has let it be known that those close to obama are scared stiff that whatever they have been helping him hide could come out and bring ‘em all down. We need to insist that this issue be dealt with immediately.

The whole thing has now ratcheted up to a level beyond the pale with our sadistic CinC causing a good man, a decorated Army Lt. Col. flight surgeon of 18 years and multi ME deployment service, to be court martialed and imprisoned. All of that could have been avoided if obama had simply made public his birth cert. Instead, he has allowed a man’s entire life to be shattered so that he can keep hidden a document that would have to be shown in order to get a job as WH gardner. This is an outrage. The man is a monster.
He must be removed. There is something here so rotten that even the WH rats don’t like the smell. THAT’S telling.

tigerlily on January 27, 2011 at 8:05 PM