Jim Moran to Alhurra: Republicans won the midterms because a lot of Americans are racist

posted at 8:45 pm on January 26, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via the Right Scoop and Mark Tapscott of the Examiner. There’s a wrinkle here that you don’t usually find with most clips of Democrats embarrassing themselves in public — namely, a voiceover. I think Tapscott’s transcript of what Moran says is accurate (skip ahead to 3:00 for the key part) but I honestly can’t tell for sure. I’ll leave it to you guys to crank up the volume on your PCs and crowdsource it for accuracy in the comments:

“It [the Republican successes in the 2010 elections] happened for the same reason the Civil War happened in the United States. It happened because the Southern states, the slaveholding states, didn’t want to see a president who was opposed to slavery.

“In this case, I believe, a lot of people in the United States don’t want to be governed by an African-American, particularly one who is liberal, who wants to spend money and who wants to reach out to include everyone in our society….”

At the Standard, John McCormack politely notes that it’s difficult to square this reasoning with The One’s landslide win just two years before. True enough, but I’m less focused on that than on the media outlet he’s speaking to. Am I the only one who remembers Alhurra? It was founded in 2004 by — ta da — the U.S. government as a pro-American alternative to Al Jazeera in the Middle East. (The network acknowledges its U.S. financial backing on its “About” page.) It’s an Arab version of “Voice of America,” in other words, and needless to say, it hasn’t caught on. The pathetic punchline here is that, even on a network devoted to spreading American propaganda, this guy can’t resist tearing his fellow citizens down. Send the tape to Al Jazeera, Jim; maybe they’ll hire you as a full-time contributor after you retire.

Comments

Jim Moran Moron.

Fixed.

GT on January 26, 2011 at 8:47 PM

So not only is he slandering us to the international community, but we’re paying to spread his slander.

Gee. Wonderful.

amerpundit on January 26, 2011 at 8:48 PM

It’s accurate and Moran is a douchenozzle for saying it.

OK, he was a douchenozzle before, but lets not quibble…

catmman on January 26, 2011 at 8:50 PM

::sigh::

Let’s just get the 2012 headlines ready now. “America proves its racism: Obama not elected to second term.”

cannonball on January 26, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Including such new Southern senators as:
Illinois’ Mark Kirk
Pennsylvania’s Pat Toomey
Indiana’s Dan Coats
North Dakota’s Loeven
Wisconsin’s Ron Johnson

And don’t forget such new pro-slavery reps as:
Rep Allen West (African-American)
Rep Tim Scott (African-American)
Rep Quico Canseco (Latino)
Rep Bill Flores (Latino)
Rep Raul Labrador (Latino)
Gov Brian Sandoval (Latino)
Gov Susana Martinez (Latina)

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!

picklesgap on January 26, 2011 at 8:52 PM

::sigh::

cannonball on January 26, 2011 at 8:51 PM

You know it’s coming, lol.

Midas on January 26, 2011 at 8:54 PM

This creep has always been an unAmerican cretin.

Warner Todd Huston on January 26, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Coincidentally, Jim’s favorite musician is Ling Lang, or Ling Ding or whatever his name is.

Bishop on January 26, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Treason much?

SouthernGent on January 26, 2011 at 8:56 PM

picklesgap on January 26, 2011 at 8:52 PM

I don’t know if it scares me more to think that folks of Moran’s ilk are so stupid as to believe the stuff that dribbles out of their mouths, or if they know they’re telling lies and do it anyway.

I’m convinced it’s the latter, though an attempt to have faith in humanity has me continually hoping for the former, because at least that means that there’s hope of improvement.

Midas on January 26, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Send this to Eric Cantor. Let’s cut all funding to Alhurra.

ROCnPhilly on January 26, 2011 at 8:57 PM

I have this argument with my family constantly. I don’t want to be governed by a DEMOCRAT. If Hilary had won the dem nomination I wouldn’t have voted for her either. If she were in the White House I would be trying just as hard to get her the hell out. It has nothing to do with his race, it is all about his ideology and his determination to ruin my country.

ctmom on January 26, 2011 at 8:58 PM

It’s accurate and Moran is a douchenozzle for saying it.

OK, he was a douchenozzle before, but lets not quibble…

catmman on January 26, 2011 at 8:50 PM

How is it accurate?

massrighty on January 26, 2011 at 9:01 PM

A Racialist is a person who plays the race-card when it is not even remotely warranted.

When some one calls you a racist just stuff it back in their face that they are acting like a racialist.

We are supposed to be a color-blind society; but racialists are obsessed with skin pigmentation and inject race into every consideration.

Its the lefts wedge issue. Don’t let them wield it like a weapon without a fight.

Geochelone on January 26, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Well, for Moran it’s civil. With Eric Cantor in the House GOP leadership, I figured for sure he’d be blaming the Jews.

jon1979 on January 26, 2011 at 9:03 PM

massrighty on January 26, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Answering AP’s question about the transcript being accurate since he couldn’t really make out what was said over the voiceover.

Did you read the post?

catmman on January 26, 2011 at 9:05 PM

What happened to partisanship stopping at the water’s edge?

ncborn on January 26, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Get a brain Moran!

*heh*

clement on January 26, 2011 at 9:09 PM

crowdsourcing? I like it. I learned a new word.

Thanks AP.

Geochelone on January 26, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Wow! The RACE CARD? So soon?

Someone should tell Moron that ‘the card’ no longer carries any weight. That’s what happens when you play it so frequently.

GarandFan on January 26, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Not up on his Gutfeld, apparently. It’s racist homophobes slightly worse than Hitler.

John the Libertarian on January 26, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Hey Mr. Moran,

C’mon down to my house and have dinner, yeah here in the deep South.

I’ve lived in many many fine cities in the US and there is more racial intolerance in DC, NYC, LV and LA then down here in Alabama. You’ll see more diversity at my dinner party.

AND I mean what I say – c’mon down.

seesalrun on January 26, 2011 at 9:10 PM

The only thin worse than a Yankee is a lying Yankee. Come on down to Texas, Moran, you’ll find all kinds of shades of TEXANS!

Limerick on January 26, 2011 at 9:12 PM

“In this case, I believe, a lot of people in the United States don’t want to be governed by an African-American, particularly one who is liberal, who wants to spend money and who wants to reach out to include overtax everyone in our society…

Word.

Buy Danish on January 26, 2011 at 9:15 PM

“Together We Thrive” sure had a short life. RIP.

Murphy9 on January 26, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Can we question their patriotism yet?

WitchDoctor on January 26, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Never mind patriotism, how about mental health?

Murphy9 on January 26, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Keep Jumpin That Chicken!

Key West Reader on January 26, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Moran attends an ostensibly black Catholic parish which white liberal heretics have essentially taken over. Oh yeah, a real man of the people.

manwithblackhat on January 26, 2011 at 9:20 PM

99% of the racist in american are democrats, mostly blacks.

proconstitution on January 26, 2011 at 9:20 PM

And a lot of Americans are morons. Including this clown.

Hummer53 on January 26, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Moran and his Progressive Emperors in Congress….

Fiddling while Rome burns.

PappyD61 on January 26, 2011 at 9:22 PM

This man is a continuing embarrassment to the great Commonwealth of Virginia.

Cindy Munford on January 26, 2011 at 9:25 PM

This type of reckless and Anti-American rhetoric to foreign media, particularly, is entirely unacceptable from ANYone who is employed in our government. As citizsens, we have a right to criticize our government but what this guy is doing — as do many on the Left — is lying and scurrilously damning the American people.

Lourdes on January 26, 2011 at 9:27 PM

And the Democrats have nothing — NOTHING — to offer anyone. All they continue to harp away on is this “Republicans are racists, White people are racists (and doomed), the Right is racist…”

ALL the Left has is this beating of the dead horse of “racism”. Do any on the Left realize — ever realize — that they are, indeed, the actual racists among us? After all, look at their speech, look at their hostility based upon race, look at their lies about it.

Lourdes on January 26, 2011 at 9:29 PM

P.S.:

…and then Jim Moran said he would retaliate immediately against the enemies of his Fuehrer. Mein Fuehrer!

Lourdes on January 26, 2011 at 9:32 PM

::sigh::

cannonball on January 26, 2011 at 8:51 PM

I bet when the cameras stopped rolling, the interviewer did NOT ask Moran about the history of the KKK.

And Moran was quick to avoid mentioning it, regardless.

Lourdes on January 26, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Comments like this ought to subject Moran to disciplinary action by the House.

There’ll be no ‘civility’ as long as our brazen congress-critters talk this way.

BD57 on January 26, 2011 at 9:38 PM

manwithblackhat on January 26, 2011 at 9:20 PM

And THAT, right there, is Moran revealing about himself that his behavior is guided BY his racist views. Anyone who selects a “church” based upon what the race is populating the attendance, is, indeed, motivated by race, is ‘reasoning’ along racist lines.

Lourdes on January 26, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Am I the only one who remembers Alhurra?

I had no idea this existed and doubt that I’m in the minority. Combine that with AP referencing the failure to grab an Arab audience and you’ve got an easy budget cut.

JCred on January 26, 2011 at 9:57 PM

His name s/b Jim Moron.

Bolded section is doublespeak for communism. That and the European socialist ideas is all that bothers people.

Moran is a moron, and that makes morons indignant.

Schadenfreude on January 26, 2011 at 10:11 PM

I’ll tell you what, I’ve never met anyone in my life, who expresses opinions like Jim Moran, that isn’t prejudiced, in one way or another. It’s like, let he who is without sin, cast the first stone. That’s all this guy does and it’s always about Republicans.

I know that Democrats have done more harm to black people than Republicans ever have and the reason they get away with it is because they’re always attacking and accusing Republicans of being racist, so no one will look at them.

How does this guy get re-elected all the time, he really is a moron.

bflat879 on January 26, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Someone should remind (or inform) Mr. Moran that Lincoln was a Republican (as was MLK), and those slave loving Southerners were all Democrats.

teacherman on January 26, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Which side did Virginia fight on in the Civil War? Was it not the South, and therefore, according to Moran, a racist state that was partially responsible for the midterms?

I will never comprehend how a politician can take such a shot at his or her own constituents while in office or after a win. That is just beyond moranic.

Chad_ on January 26, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Is there a Democrat who doesn’t hate America and hate Americans?

Seriously, I can’t keep up with all the knives in my back. I look like a Stegosaurus.

Merovign on January 27, 2011 at 2:42 AM

It’s accurate and Moran is a douchenozzle for saying it.

catmman on January 26, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Excuse me, it’s accurate? In what way?

DrMagnolias on January 27, 2011 at 5:51 AM

Moran is an American hating, vile disgusting leftist. They only thing worse are the brain dead idiots that keep him in office.

rplat on January 27, 2011 at 6:46 AM

A better headline:

Northern Virginia Voters to America: Jim Moron is still in office because most of us are out of state transplant, gubmint union hacks.

TugboatPhil on January 27, 2011 at 7:14 AM

Liberals are obsessed with hatred. It is ingrained in their very souls. The hypocritical part is that without racial hatred they could not get 90%+ of the black vote and thus be totally irrelevant. Liberals have always trashed our country on the international level. Now it starts at the top with Obama and filters down to the scum like Moran. It is parasitic how they feed off the American people.

volsense on January 27, 2011 at 7:40 AM

So here’s the “lesson of Tucson.” if you disagree with the president, shut your idiot face. If you are a progressive, ramp up the rhetoric, you’re cool, we won’t say anything.

Greek Fire on January 27, 2011 at 7:49 AM

Jim Moran is an idiot in serious need of a village.

pilamaye on January 27, 2011 at 8:34 AM

ctmom on January 26, 2011 at 8:58 PM

In which case they’d be calling you a sexist, along with Moran and the rest of his ilk.

Athanasius on January 27, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Alhurra?
This morning’s candidate for DEFUNDING.
e mail to house.

Col.John Wm. Reed on January 27, 2011 at 8:57 AM

I believe he has this exactly backwards. In 2010, voters opposed a president who was trying to impose slavery.

Vashta.Nerada on January 27, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Sounds like a huge Freudian response to me. I’ll bet he’s the one who really objects to a black President. Subconscious projection?

jeanie on January 27, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Jim Moran is an idiot in serious need of a village.

pilamaye on January 27, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Dude. Moran’s from the deep blue Northern Virginia suburbs of DC. He’s got his village. His village has him. The only question is whether he’s moronic enough for his village.

JSGreg3 on January 27, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Moran has bad-mouthed Catholics and Jews and once knocked around a little black kid for admiring his car. In short, Moran is a loose cannon (and unfortunately, my representative).

zoyclem on January 27, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Anyway we can redistrict this guy into Maryland?

CJ on January 27, 2011 at 1:35 PM