Tunisia goes viral: Massive anti-government protests erupt in Egypt

posted at 5:47 pm on January 25, 2011 by Allahpundit

As one revolution dies in Beirut, labor pains for another begin in Cairo. Don’t start handing out cigars yet, though. Remember, Tunisia’s uprising was big news not only because it’s an unprecedented case of an Arab populace removing its own tyrant but because, at least in theory, Tunisians are well positioned to form something resembling an Arab liberal democracy. The public is well educated, women have equal rights, and Islamists don’t have a foothold (yet?) thanks to the since-departed dictator’s crackdown on opposition elements. In Egypt, by contrast, the Muslim Brotherhood has been a major opposition movement for decades, pushing democracy as a means to their end of installing an Islamist government, rescinding the country’s treaty with Israel, and unleashing whatever plans it has for the country’s huge Coptic Christian population. Needless to say, if you think Hamas’s election win in Gaza a few years ago was a big deal to Muslim fundies, imagine the encouragement they’d get from watching Mubarak replaced by the Ikhwan.

Thousands of people calling for the end of the 30-year rule of President Hosni Mubarak clashed with riot police here in the capital and in other Egyptian cities on Tuesday, on a day of some of the most serious civil unrest in recent memory…

The protesters, mobilized largely on the Internet and energized by recent events in Tunisia, occupied one of the city’s most famous squares for hours, beating back attempts to dislodge them by police officers wielding tear gas and water cannons…

Security officials said several thousand people demonstrated in Alexandria, and there were reports of large demonstrations in other cities, including Mansoura and Mahalla al-Kobra. There, a video posted on the Internet showed people tearing up a large portrait of Mr. Mubarak — an act whose boldness here is hard to overstate.

State television made no mention of the protests, and sporadically through the afternoon, cellphone networks were interrupted or unavailable.

A detail further down in the Times piece: At least six Egyptians have immolated themselves in protest over the last weeks, mimicking Mohamed Bouazizi’s galvanizing suicide in Tunisia. This is, in other words, very much inspired by what’s happening over there. Mubarak’s dilemma now is what to do if the protests drag on — follow Ben Ali’s example in Tunisia by trying to appease the protesters with promised reforms, which only seemed to encourage them, or exercise “the Tiananmen option.” I’ll bet more than one Sunni leader elsewhere would happily tolerate the latter to snuff this match before it lights another powder keg somewhere closer by.

Below you’ll find the video mentioned in the Times excerpt of protesters tearing down Mubarak’s portrait, followed by two more notable clips from an extensive YouTube round-up on the NYT’s “The Lede” blog. How the State Department plans to play this, wanting to push democracy but knowing that the alternative to Mubarak would very likely be worse, I have no idea. But if Bush was willing to use a light touch in pressing his freedom agenda with the regime there, I imagine The One won’t be any bolder. Exit question: Time notes that Egyptian police typically crack down on a large protest before it moves even one city block. Today they let the crowd move, on and on, through various neighborhoods. Why on earth would they do that so soon after the Tunisia uprising, especially given what Time says about “repression and ineffectiveness” being a deadly combination for a weak autocracy?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

At least Democracy has a chance there? I’m beginning to wonder about the US. We seem to be going the other direction….

sandee on January 25, 2011 at 5:53 PM

How much money have we given Egypt over the years? To support a Islamic Republic?

Side note are we selling F-35′s to Turkey. Please let’s review everything.

Oil Can on January 25, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Dear Egyptian protestors – You’re on your own. Regards, The Won.

joejm65 on January 25, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Love the HA ad under the story…Sexy Arab Girls. Hell, that will put me on the side of chaos.

Limerick on January 25, 2011 at 5:56 PM

One Egyptian official had been quoted as saying that the protests are a sign that dissent is tolerated, or something along those lines.

Maybe trying to let them blow off steam rather than trying to contain it and then blow up completely?

amerpundit on January 25, 2011 at 5:57 PM

This is how it started for Carter…

Bruno Strozek on January 25, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Limerick on January 25, 2011 at 5:56 PM

I have ‘Hillary supports UN gun ban’.

darwin-t on January 25, 2011 at 5:58 PM

As one revolution dies in Beirut

Says you … looks like it’s just changing direction…

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 5:58 PM

BTW, can we use the r-word on this thread?

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Sympathy with the protestors’ agenda?

steebo77 on January 25, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Jimmy Carter had the fall of the Shah.

Obama has everything falling.

portlandon on January 25, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Does ANYONE see the pattern here? Anyone? I know, those camels are evil incarnate.

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 5:59 PM

If Mubrark does fall, let us all pray that an Islamic Republic is not established. In 1981 Sadat was murdered by his own troops because he made peace with Israel.

SC.Charlie on January 25, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Can we finally ditch neo-con militaristic jingoism and return to sanity? “Democracy” is culture-dependent, and is not even the principle of the US – that was Constitutional Republicanism. Stop trying to spread “democracy” in places where it would lead to jihadists getting into power. Hope and pray that the Tunisian revolt does not turn into another Iranian revolution and that Hosni Mubarak holds onto power – because if the Muslim Brotherhood triumphs, all bets are off.

flawedskull on January 25, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Limerick on January 25, 2011 at 5:56 PM
I have ‘Hillary supports UN gun ban’.

darwin-t on January 25, 2011 at 5:58 PM

I have a guy in a contraption getting fisted with big red balls in the background.

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I have ‘Hillary supports UN gun ban’.

darwin-t on January 25, 2011 at 5:58 PM

I have “FREE GOVERNMENT SUPPORTED PHONES.”

steebo77 on January 25, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Well on the bright side if the Brotherhood takes over we could save 5-6 billion a year by not sending them their yearly stipend! If we want to really stir the pot we could offer the Coptics some sort of immigration deal if they are put to the sword.

patrick neid on January 25, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Don’t be fooled for a second that this is all happening via the internet.

Kermit on January 25, 2011 at 6:01 PM

sandee on January 25, 2011 at 5:53 PM

The US has plenty of Democracy

DarkCurrent on January 25, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Thats what and where diddling in the peace process gets ya!

Team Hopey/Changey that is!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:03 PM

The problem is and the odds are that the folk rioting are not expecting more freedom or western style democracy but instead the standard Islamic republic complete with the 12th century, despots and intolerance.

JIMV on January 25, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Our “moderate” Muslim “allies” seem to be falling like dominos. Turkey is ruled by a rapidly de-secularizing, Islamist regime. Lebanon’s been taken over by Hezbollah/Syria/Iran. Pakistan’s government is hanging by a few threads. The Muslim Brotherhood and other Islamists certainly have their eyes on Tunisia. Now Egypt? Who’s next? Morocco? The UAE? Dearborn? Falls Church? Londonistan?

steebo77 on January 25, 2011 at 6:06 PM

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Throngs of angry Muslim men?

Anyway, please do tell us more about these Zionist Camels…

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:07 PM

JIMV on January 25, 2011 at 6:05 PM

You mean the Islamic moderates can’t stop them? Who knew?!!

Limerick on January 25, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Its Civil DisCourse,DinnerJacket Style!!!

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:08 PM

I wonder if the Goats/Sheep,are heading for da hills!!!

AHEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:09 PM

sandee on January 25, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Actually, democracy is alive and well here in the United States. It’s the creeping tyranny of that democracy which is becoming a problem.

catmman on January 25, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Remember when Biden said:

“Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America,” Biden was quoted telling a fundraiser in Seattle on Sunday. “Remember I said it standing here, if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

Is this that test for Obama that Biden was talking about? I know Biden said it would happen in the first 6 months. But what does he know about schedules, anyway.

And it clearly is a generated crisis. Generated by Sarah Palin’s violent rhetoric or the Mossad or both or something.

SlaveDog on January 25, 2011 at 6:09 PM

I wonder if the Goats/Sheep,are heading for da hills!!!

AHEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:09 PM

They’re heading to Italy on rafts … best of luck to them!

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:10 PM

You mean the Islamic moderates can’t stop them? Who knew?!!

Limerick on January 25, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Limerick:No,your confused…its those Progressive

Moderates!!:)

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:11 PM

MSNBC is now reporting that the protests erupted when a map was posted on Sarah Palin’s Facebook page which placed Ben Ali, Hariri, and Mubarak in crosshairs.

steebo77 on January 25, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Yay! More death cult!

yubley on January 25, 2011 at 6:12 PM

I wonder if the Goats/Sheep,are heading for da hills!!!

AHEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:09 PM

They are fleeing Libya….Quiffafi is giddy with delight.

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 6:12 PM

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:09 PM
==========
They’re heading to Italy on rafts … best of luck to them!

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:10 PM

MeatHeadinCA:

I do hope,the Camels are protecting the rear!:)

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:12 PM

steebo77 on January 25, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Palin’s secret Arab name is Al Nip.

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:13 PM

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:09 PM
============
They are fleeing Libya….Quiffafi is giddy with delight.

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 6:12 PM

HornetSting:

Then,I do hope the Camel’s are Toeing the line,as the rear
guard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I am currently sitting in a Cairo Hotel and the streets have been going crazy all day, the protestors are saying they will stay until the government falls. So far no anti-American tirades, but when I was out today I had people looking at me strangely, it was an unsettling feeling. Mostly you people unemployed or underemployed. I’m heading to the airport soon for a 5 am flight out to Frankfurt, from what I hear it is a 5 hour trip with all the streets tied up. Hope I make it, time for some good German beer.

hip shot on January 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I do hope,the Camels are protecting the rear!:)

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:12 PM

I do too … Those camels need more rear protection than a kitteh on a Friday night on Blog Alley.

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Paging George Washington 2.0 & 2.0.01.

Speakup on January 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I do hope,the Camels are protecting the rear!:)

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:12 PM

LOL!..You are bad But I like it..:)

Dire Straits on January 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Limerick on January 25, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Well, you just revealed to all of us the other kinds of sites you visit…that stuff is all stored on cookies and you get the ads that are closest to what they identify as your preferences. I get stuff about pet food, pet adoptions, and all the insurance ads have images of dogs in them.

Chewy the Lab on January 25, 2011 at 6:15 PM

steebo77 on January 25, 2011 at 6:11 PM
====================
Palin’s secret Arab name is Al Nip.

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:13 PM

MeatHeadinCA:

As,a member of the SarahCudian Revolutionary Republican
Voter Guards………

we too,know that nick name…..dam* your eyes!!(snark).

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Terrific. We have junior-year-abroad students in Egypt; I bet Mr F. and his colleagues are planning to/trying to scramble them out now…

Fortunata on January 25, 2011 at 6:16 PM

hip shot on January 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Stay safe, please!

Chewy the Lab on January 25, 2011 at 6:17 PM

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Jeez… Put your glasses on and look closer. That’s an ad for a training film for the TSA.

Yoop on January 25, 2011 at 6:17 PM

HornetSting:

Then,I do hope the Camel’s are Toeing the line,as the rear
guard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM

LMAO…Quiffafi has cleared his calendar and ordered extra wine. He’s also invited Bawney Fwank to vacation with him.

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 6:17 PM

hip shot on January 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Be careful and be sure to always check your six if your traveling without a wingman.

Frankfurt is a great place, though its been many moons since I was there…

catmman on January 25, 2011 at 6:17 PM

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:12 PM
=============

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM

MeatHeadinCA:LOl,excellent word-uponeship,hehe!:)

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:17 PM

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:16 PM

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Eh, the most popular political group in Egypt happens to be the Islamic Brotherhood; Mubarak is a tyrant but the thugs waiting in the wings are no better.

Hold on to your socks, Israel.

Bishop on January 25, 2011 at 6:19 PM

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM
============================

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 6:17 PM

HornetSting:Ya know,I was thinking,to ease the burden,

parachute in some Progressive Donkeys….:)

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:19 PM

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Yoop on January 25, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Chewy advised above that what you search is what you are shown on the advertising….I do look up a lot of obama articles……

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Frankfurt is a great place, though its been many moons since I was there…

catmman on January 25, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Agreed. Heard some Scandinavians got ambushed in Tunisia the other day…

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:20 PM

hip shot on January 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Do what every sensible American would do, make it clear to everyone you are Canadian. Nobody hates the Canadians.

Bishop on January 25, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Now if only the people would rise up in Iran at the same time.

SC.Charlie on January 25, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Hold on to your socks, Israel.

Bishop on January 25, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Bishop:I bet,they have intell,and up to the second on
the where-abouts of every goon,sent in,by Iran!!:)

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:21 PM

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Ha!

So, I’m wondering why I want to make “cheap calls to Egypt”

… As if… I guess I probably should give the wifeys a ring. See how the 10 kids are doing. Hope they’re feeding the goat herd.

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:21 PM

I think it’s time for Israel to unleash the vultures!

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:22 PM

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:12 PM
==============
LOL!..You are bad But I like it..:)

Dire Straits on January 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Dire Straits:Soon as Geo and ALT shows up,

the Gangs all Here!:)

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:24 PM

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 6:20 PM
Ha!

So, I’m wondering why I want to make “cheap calls to Egypt”

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:21 PM

MeatHeadinCA: Terrific,I had a phone calling discount for
calling Syria ad!:)

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:25 PM

MeatHeadinCA: Terrific,I had a phone calling discount for
calling Syria ad!:)

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:25 PM

WTH?

I guess you and I have both been googling phone cards to Shiteholistan.

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:27 PM

What’s going on in Tunisia is not “unprecedented.” All of those things could have been said about IRAN, right before Jimmy Carter’s first term began, and a “democratic revolt” removed the Shah and turned that country into the worst Islamofascist regime in the world — which is saying a Hell of a lot.

What’s going on now is Carter’s second term – with a vengeance. There is a whole lot of change going on in the world. But there is no reason whatsoever to believe it will turn out the way you hope it will.

logis on January 25, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Chewy the Lab on January 25, 2011 at 6:15 PM

I’d rather get the sexy Arab girl ads myself.

DarkCurrent on January 25, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Bishop:I bet,they have intell,and up to the second on the where-abouts of every goon,sent in,by Iran!!:)- canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:21 PM

This one could go either way, that is what is so damn scary.

SC.Charlie on January 25, 2011 at 6:28 PM

I think it’s time for Israel to unleash the vultures!

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:22 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Israelis moved extra troops onto the borders, what with Hezbollah pressing up against them from the West Bank/Lebanon and the possibility of crazed Egyptian Islamists coming at them through Gaza…

steebo77 on January 25, 2011 at 6:28 PM

I think it’s time for Israel to unleash the vultures!

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:22 PM

MeatHeadinCA:)

********SAMSON-OPTION***********************************

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:28 PM

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Now THAT’s a mystery we can have fun pondering…I’m guessing you either have a really, really good SPAM/anti-spyware program OR, you’ve used the term “Antiquity” once too often…or maybe, “Asp?”

Chewy the Lab on January 25, 2011 at 6:28 PM

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:24 PM

:)..You had a good link to Great Satan’s Grlfriend site..Thanks Friend..:)

Dire Straits on January 25, 2011 at 6:30 PM

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Well, that would go a long way toward explaining his excessive bowing.

Yoop on January 25, 2011 at 6:30 PM

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:25 PM
=====================
WTH?

I guess you and I have both been googling phone cards to Shiteholistan.

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:27 PM

MeatHeadinCA:I knew I should of copy/pasted when it was there,I don’t own a cell phone,and I don’t recall googl
ing calling cards!!:)

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:31 PM

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:24 PM

:)..You had a good link to Great Satan’s Grlfriend site..Thanks Friend..:)

Dire Straits on January 25, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Dire Straits:She has linky’s galore!!:)

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Chewy the Lab on January 25, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Hmmmmm…

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:34 PM

ing calling cards!!:)

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:31 PM

The only thing that can be concluded: Zionist Conspiracy

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:34 PM

flawedskull on January 25, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Umm… no.

lexhamfox on January 25, 2011 at 6:35 PM

steebo77 on January 25, 2011 at 6:28 PM

If that were happening, you’d think the press would be reporting on the imminent Zionist colonization of the entire Middle East.

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:36 PM

I’d rather get the sexy Arab girl ads myself.
DarkCurrent on January 25, 2011 at 6:28 PM

I get ads for shag carpet retailers and people selling director’s cut copies of Red Dawn.

Bishop on January 25, 2011 at 6:36 PM

logis on January 25, 2011 at 6:27 PM

I spent a month in Tunisia in 2004, and as I recall it was really quite creepy. Lots of unemployed youths hanging round the rubble-filled corners, everyone in a job just seemed to be servicing the tourists, while not particularly friendly to them: a strangely ‘grey’ kind of country, for something not Northern European. The Roman antiquities were to die for, however…

Fortunata on January 25, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Might this have something to do with the unrest?

Results of Elections to Egyptian People’s Assembly – Ruling Party: 420 Seats, Muslim Brotherhood: 0

steebo77 on January 25, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Thank you George W. Bush for proclaiming Islam a religion of peace to your Muslim-uninformed fellow citizens after 9/11.

profitsbeard on January 25, 2011 at 6:39 PM

flawedskull on January 25, 2011 at 6:00 PM

flawedskull:

Correction,Obama kicked Isreal to da curb,and let the
PEACE PROCESS DIE,and blaming Israel for that FAILURE!

Btw,AWESOME SUPERIOR SMART POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:39 PM

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:36 PM

They will be reporting about the rock throwers and car burners..Nothing has changed..:)

Dire Straits on January 25, 2011 at 6:40 PM

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:36 PM

I haven’t heard that particular reportage yet, but apparently the Zionist forces do have secret training grounds located in Alaska.

steebo77 on January 25, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Jihad Watch has a different opinion.

Exiled Pro Sharia Leader Set to Return to Tunisia

Oil Can on January 25, 2011 at 6:41 PM

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:31 PM
===============
The only thing that can be concluded: Zionist Conspiracy

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:34 PM

MeatHeadinCA:Lol,…but,they are sneaky tho!!:)

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Tunisians are well positioned to form something resembling an Arab liberal democracy*. The public is well educated*, women have equal rights*, and Islamists don’t have a foothold* (yet?) thanks to the since-departed dictator’s crackdown on opposition elements.

*poof….gone
*poof….gone
*poof….gone
*poof….gone
At the drop of a fatwa.

Folks who express an unfounded hope for Muslim democracies emerging from these events have been paying no attention to Islam and are believing the horsesh1t that Muslims are pining for democracy. What they are pining for is to get rid of their current piece of corrupt leadership trash and replace him with a piece of corrupt leadership trash from their own clan. Either that or they want to bathe in the pureness of a theocracy led by clerics.

Muslims have no history, no capacity, no knowledge of democracy. They will spout the word long and loud because empty headed dumb f*cks in the west might notice and increase aid money in hopes of birthing something that they would know cannot exist alongside Islam if they spent a moment to study it.

Speaking of aid money. It will be interesting to see how Americas “payola for peace” doctrine will play out. Will the US pay the annual multi billion dollar Tribute to the middle easts Muslims after they become Muslim Brotherhood Democracies?

BL@KBIRD on January 25, 2011 at 6:43 PM

I feel bad for Egyptian KFC owners, rioting muslims always seem to head straight for the local chicken shack to burn it down.

Bishop on January 25, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Dire Straits on January 25, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Ibrahim was the eldest in his family. He always dreamed of going to university; however, after the Zionist occupation to the neighboring portion of land, he was no longer able to do this. The Great Satan then cut off the welfare programs. He was left with no other alternative but to eat opium, read his Koran, hump his camel, and throw stones.

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:45 PM

steebo77 on January 25, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Ah, yes, Palin is Golda Meir in disguise.

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:46 PM

MeatHeadinCA:Lol,…but,they are sneaky tho!!:)

canopfor on January 25, 2011 at 6:41 PM

After the laser equipped sharks… ahem.

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Hey, you laugh, but Saudi Arabia captured and jailed a vulture that was spying on them…a zionist vulture. And, then there was a report of a shark that attacked a tourist that was sent by Israel…..
It’s real….what’s next….goats and camels spying on their, uh, er, ‘companions’? What is this world coming to?

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Bishop on January 25, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Probably not as disappointing as the ads for hot Indian girls that I still click on.

DarkCurrent on January 25, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Bishop on January 25, 2011 at 6:43 PM

I figured they would hit Mo’s Camel and Goat Escort Shack…

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 6:50 PM

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 6:49 PM

See, the dots are all connecting or something.

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Mo’s Camel

HornetSting on January 25, 2011 at 6:50 PM

WTF? Warn us, first, will you?

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:52 PM

This is what you Bush lovers get for pushing “democracy.” We need adults back in charge. flawedskull on January 25, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I guess you just love all the Arab/Muslim dictatorships in the Middle East?

SC.Charlie on January 25, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Limerick on January 25, 2011 at 5:56 PM

No fair, all I got was some stupid cell-phone commercial. Probably because I’ve been visiting att and verizon sites for days trying to decide if I really want an iphone or other smart phone, or not.

My indecisiveness has hurt me in the past, but this time, the consequences have really hit home. Somewhere in the intertubes, there are Sexy Arab Girl ads that could be spamming me if only I could make up my mind about the damned phone.

RINO in Name Only on January 25, 2011 at 6:54 PM

MeatHeadinCA on January 25, 2011 at 6:45 PM

LOL!..:)

Dire Straits on January 25, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Will Obama mention the fall of Lebanon to Hezbollah and the unrest in Eygpt in the STOTU address? And, will they play Dixie when he enters the room?

SC.Charlie on January 25, 2011 at 6:57 PM