The motion picture event of a lifetime: Pawlenty 2012

posted at 6:27 pm on January 24, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Dave Weigel, who explains why the over-the-top melodrama here might seem … familiar. And no, it’s not because this feels like a trailer for the sequel to “Air Force One.” My favorite part: When Pawlenty punches out Ahmadinejad and fires the Stuxnet torpedoes into the core of Iran’s nuclear plant. Action-packed, Pee Wee!

Seriously, when was the last time there was a gap this large between the excitement of a campaign ad and the excitement of the campaign it’s advertising? (I know, technically it’s for his book, but c’mon.) It’s like watching Dukakis wrestle a bear.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

We need balls, truth, courage and motivation. Sarah Palin is the only one I have seen on center stage that has those qualities.

PierreLegrand on January 24, 2011 at 7:37 PM

You’ve seen her balls, eh? Is that why so many people on the blog hold her so dear?

Levinite on January 25, 2011 at 8:10 AM

It’s like watching Dukakis wrestle a bear.

Dang, you caught me with a mouthful of coffee. Gotta get some paper towels.

ElectricPhase on January 25, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Pawlenty is alright. I like the overall tone of this ad. The problem is that you don´t see much of Pawlenty. You can watch this ad three times and still not recognize him on the street. When your candidate (excuse me, author) lacks nationwide recognition that seems like a waste.

el gordo on January 25, 2011 at 9:14 AM

I simply cannot support any candidate who believes that Fred Flintstone was a historical figure. I’m sorry, but if you are too ignorant to understand such elementary facts of science then your mind is too narrow to be entrusted with that kind of responsibility. I know that my criteria eliminates probably more than 60% of the field. It gives me a great sense of pessimism and foreboding that we could allow pure ignorance to be so prominent in our cause.

MJBrutus on January 25, 2011 at 11:44 AM

I still have no idea who this guy is, what he stands for, and why he thinks anyone from Minnesota for Pete’s sake can get elected nationally to anything. And I couldn’t pick him out of a line-up of Macy’s men’s shop manikins, either.

Knott Buyinit on January 25, 2011 at 1:13 PM

1. T-Paw
2. Movie
3. ?????
4. Profit!

fossten on January 25, 2011 at 3:30 PM

:O … too awesome for words….

abobo on January 25, 2011 at 5:10 PM

I saw the vid on TV, and I have epilepsy. Photosensitivity thank God does not affect me in that way, but flashes-stuff flashing too fast at me-makes me really uncomfortable to watch. Just like in the spring (or fall) when there’s no leaves on the trees and the sun gets through while driving. And I bought the Zumba game for the Wii, and I wish I could adjust the video settings. I can only fix brightness.

So every 10 seconds or so, depending on how quick different segments ran I had to turn my face away from the TV. It was nice of Pawlenty to throw out a video regardless of how people feel like, it’s just not Palin so I am happy. ykwim right?

ProudPalinFan on January 25, 2011 at 6:30 PM