Hawaii governor figures out that he’s barred by law from revealing Obama’s birth certificate

posted at 8:40 pm on January 24, 2011 by Allahpundit

Lemme see if I have this right. Everyone with an even casual interest in the Birther saga knows that Hawaii law bars the state from revealing someone’s long-form birth certificate without his/her consent. That’s the whole reason this issue still exists, right? Otherwise the file would have been opened long ago and you wouldn’t have even Chris Matthews and his liberal panelists urging The One to give up the goods already. Everyone but everyone understands this — except, it seems, for the new governor of Hawaii, who boldly announced his quest last month to prove once and for all that Obama was born in Hawaii … without realizing that he has no means to do so. Now, a month later, not only has he singlehandedly revived a fading fringe matter, he’s actually spurred it on by failing to resolve it.

A privacy law that shields birth certificates has prompted Democratic Gov. Neil Abercrombie to abandon efforts to dispel claims that President Barack Obama was born outside Hawaii, his office says.

State Attorney General David Louie told the governor that privacy laws bar him from disclosing an individual’s birth documentation without the person’s consent, Abercrombie spokeswoman Donalyn Dela Cruz said Friday.

“There is nothing more that Gov. Abercrombie can do within the law to produce a document,” said Dela Cruz. “Unfortunately, there are conspirators who will continue to question the citizenship of our president.”…

Hawaii’s health director said in 2008 and 2009 that she had seen and verified Obama’s original vital records, and birth notices in two Honolulu newspapers were published within days of Obama’s birth at Kapiolani Maternity and Gynecological Hospital in Honolulu.

Three theories. One: The Birthers are right and it’s all a big cover-up, and somehow someone in the White House forgot to mention to the incoming Democratic governor of Hawaii, who, by the way, has known Obama since he was an infant, “Pssst — don’t mention the birth certificate.” Seems … unlikely. Two: Abercrombie secretly hates Obama for whatever reason and concocted this whole scheme in order to make the birth certificate thing seem even more suspicious. He co-opted the conspiracy theory to serve his own ends! Crafty. But there’s … no evidence. Three: The guy’s a total moron. At this point, highly likely and plenty of evidence. That’s the one I’m going with, although I’m open to persuasion.

Via Mediaite, here’s Gibbsy from this morning winding down his last weeks as press secretary with yet another Birther question.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Rebar – thank you!

I am going to read your link now, and start following Rep. Berman’s bill in Texas!

cane_loader on January 24, 2011 at 11:44 PM

t’s a disastrous market at the moment. Even getting an offer isn’t much guarantee anymore of still having the job in 3 years

The economy is EVERYTHING

When I went to law school I had ties to the (then) itty bitty no name/novel Behavior Sciences Unit of the FBI. At that time, the fibbies would beg law students to join up, and no one wanted to because there were so many lucrative firms wining and dining them all.

Three years later, when I graduated, the FBI no longer recruited at schools because they were FLOODED with hundreds of thousands of applicants from law school.

And this isn’t exactly RECENT history lol.

The economic change, the political change, everything CHANGES. If we put a Republican in the oval office and the economy swings up and there is some stress relief given to business – the firms will come out again. Just watch.

ace tomato on January 24, 2011 at 11:46 PM

LOL at you saying Notre Dame is a “top school.”

crr6 on January 24, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Wow – just make sure that you keep up that snark around a few ND alum clients and your firm will bounce your T14 butt to the pavement before you can say “but I’m an elite!”. Your clients want competence not cockiness, and your partners want, well – a slave that generates 2k+ hard billables a year. You should, however, take stock of this time in your life – because it will be the last time that you’ll really think that you know more than anyone else.

volnation on January 24, 2011 at 11:48 PM

alwaysfiredup on January 24, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I thought it was bad when I got out. I truly pity the new JD’s hitting the streets these days. Horrific job market, mountains of debt, no real job skills (except for being a student). I wish them the best but I fear that it will get much worse before it gets better – just too many graduates applying for too few positions.

volnation on January 24, 2011 at 11:56 PM

I concur, Justice Volnation. My advice to law students now is to get your hands on EXPERIENCE. a summer clerkship is one thing, but don’t wait on it or count on it. Get into a clinic. Volunteer at a law office or ask if you can shadow an attorney – not for pay, but to see what real pleadings and motions look like, read real contracts, etc. Anything to get into an arena and see how real attorneys do their jobs.

ace tomato on January 25, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Here’s relevant text regarding the texas bill to force all candidates to show a birth certificate:

Thanks, Rebar

————————-
“Texas

WND reported on a bill prefiled for the Texas Legislature by Rep. Leo Berman, R-Tyler, that would require such documentation.

His effort was the first wave of a surging tide of developing questions that could be a hurdle to a second term for Obama, who escaped such demands last year when the Arizona Senate failed to act on a similar plan after the House approved it.

Berman’s legislation, House Bill 295, is brief and simple:

It would add to the state election code the provision: “The secretary of state may not certify the name of a candidate for president or vice-president unless the candidate has presented the candidate’s original birth certificate indicating that the person is a natural-born United States citizen.”

It includes an effective date of Sept. 1, 2011, in time for 2012 presidential campaigning.”

cane_loader on January 25, 2011 at 12:06 AM

volnation on January 24, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Yeah, it’s awful. The best option most kids have is going to work for the federal government, which has been hiring lawyers like mad since Obama took office. IT’s also nice to have a clerkship, especially if your judge is willing to let you stay on until you can find another job.

I’m fortunate enough both to have a husband who can support the family and have an old trial attorney in the family who can at least feed me cases and show me what to do, even though I hate courtrooms. I’ve suggested to him he should expand and start a low-cost law clinic. People do still need attorneys but can’t afford them, and there’s a lot of inexperienced talent out there sitting idle that can be picked up and trained cheaply. Then when the market turns up everyone has a little knowledge, a little experience and a few clients to take to a different firm or form their own. Get a little entrepreneurial in the practice of law.

alwaysfiredup on January 25, 2011 at 12:10 AM

btw all – thanks for the comments/debate, etc. I’m now having fun looking up all the theories about Obama’s law school years.

On the birther thing –

I’m probably jaded, but in my experience, guys who can prove they have nothing to hide from the law practically jump over your desk to show you the evidence and kill the suspicion.

Try this:
LAW: Say Joe Bob, we think you might have been involved in that murder.
JB: No way, not me, I was at the movies
LAW: Can you prove it?
JB: Sure, I have the time stamped ticket in my pocket.
LAW: Can we see it?
JB: Hell no, and I’ll spend a million dollars keeping you from peeking.

I’m just sayin . . .

ace tomato on January 25, 2011 at 12:15 AM

We call those kids Assistant District Attorneys =)

ace tomato on January 25, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I didn’t read this entire entry so I don’t know when it got hijacked into something about lawyer/law student angst.

The absent birth certificate is still the story, isn’t it?

Mason on January 25, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Dang, Rebar. That’s definitely intriguing, thank you.

Watch, by the end of the night I’ll be a birther on a plane to Hawaii lol.

I know better than to scratch at a mystery/conspiracy theory. I know me. I know better. And here I go . . . can’t stop investigating . . . one more database . . .

ace tomato on January 25, 2011 at 12:20 AM

ace tomato on January 25, 2011 at 12:15 AM

I just don’t see why he wouldn’t want to release a transcript full of good grades. “See, he’s smarter than Bush!” would be irresistible.

alwaysfiredup on January 25, 2011 at 12:22 AM

“rather than provide the same piece of paper you need to get a drivers license or your children to play soccer, 0bama choose to disenfranchise an entire state – why?”

Rebar on January 24, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Because he thinks he can get away with it. And since he did in 2008, he may be right.

Fact is, 0bama/Soetoro has painted himself in a corner, and if hillbuzz or any other “conspiracy” theory is right, he’ll simply pull a LBJ and refuse to run at all.

Rebar on January 24, 2011 at 11:16 PM

If the American people and enough states apply enough pressure to convince Obama to come up with some excuse not to run in 2012 then that would be mission accomplished.

And actually I think this is a fairly likely outcome, because I have come to the conclusion that I don’t think Obama qualifies as a “natural born citizen.”

The issue is actually broader than just the birth certificate, although that is a good place to start. The other related issues are:

- Can a man whose father was a British subject be a natural born U.S. citizen? Especially if his mother was not old enough when he was born to clearly make him a U.S. citizen.

- Did Obama give up his American citizenship when he was adopted by Lolo Soetoro since Indonesia did not allow dual-citizenship? And did he ever re-apply for U.S. citizenship?

- Which country’s passport did Obama use when he traveled to Pakistan (at a time when U.S. citizens were not allowed to enter Pakistan)?

- Did Obama apply to colleges (Occidental, Columbia and Harvard) as a foreign student?

The truth is, he’ll be disqualifying himself. And a state redefining it’s ballot qualifications cannot be seriously challenged in court – it is well within a states power to do so.

Rebar on January 24, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Many of us thought it was well within Arizona’s power to define their procedures when their police force encountered a suspected illegal alien, and yet look how hard the Obama administration is willing to fight against a state’s rights in court.

What a total mess.

Obama/Soetoro and all those behind him are banking on the fact that those who love America are afraid to call his bluff because the riots would make Rodney King look like Richie Cunningham in a toga

cane_loader on January 24, 2011 at 11:24 PM

It has grown into a total mess because Americans failed to take this issue seriously in 2008 – BEFORE the election. We should not make the same mistake again.

I have no clue who dug up those certificates, and ESPECIALLY how/why they were presented at home plate before the first pitch of the championship game, but it turned out that yes, they were authentic.

Damn.

cane_loader on January 24, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Still one of the most intense public decisions I have ever had to make.

cane_loader on January 24, 2011 at 11:41 PM

The lessons we learn about honesty and fairness on the playground are often the most important. And it sounds like you should be very proud of making the right decision in this case.

Rebar – thank you!

cane_loader on January 24, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Rebar and cane_loader – Thank you both for the conversation and for the additional research you have done and are doing!

I am not a lawyer, so I appreciate the insights of others who can help us make thoughtful decisions on this important issue.

wren on January 25, 2011 at 12:22 AM

The absent birth certificate is still the story, isn’t it?

Mason on January 25, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Think so, in a round about way. Went into discussing the lack of honesty (let alone transparency) in his law school years

ace tomato on January 25, 2011 at 12:24 AM

We call those kids Assistant District Attorneys =)

ace tomato on January 25, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Lol. The civil corps!

alwaysfiredup on January 25, 2011 at 12:24 AM

ace tomato on January 25, 2011 at 12:15 AM

I agree AT – this is somewhat tinny but I remember reading something in late 2007/early 2008 that the thing that Obama’s handlers feared most an exposure of his early years which would deconstruct the image and “brand” that they’d worked so hard to build.

I think that early on his people saw something small that could lead to, if too many questions were asked, exposing Obama as something other than what he was selling. Therefore, the decision was made to simply hide everything and anyone questioning the decision was to be labeled a racist.

There’s a reason that they continue to keep everything under wraps, I just can’t figure out what he stands to gain from it LT if the pressure continues to build.

volnation on January 25, 2011 at 12:30 AM

wren on January 25, 2011 at 12:22 AM

The more you dig into 0bama/Soetoro and his past, the more questions you’ll have.

This guy has done a creditable job collating a lot of issues, it’s a good jumping off point for further research.

Rebar on January 25, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Berman’s legislation, House Bill 295, is brief and simple:

cane_loader on January 25, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Thank you for posting this specific language, cane-loader!

It shows how important your point is from your previous point about getting a rock solid definition of “natural born citizen”.

It seems like the first thing to do is to nail some justices against the wall and get a rock-hard definition of “Natural-Born Citizen.”

From reading lots of threads, I know that the term comes from wasy back in English law.

But I need to now look in the Federalist Papers, etc., to see what the Founders meant.

cane_loader on January 24, 2011 at 11:37 PM

The language in the Texas bill that you quoted may solve the problem if Obama does not have a valid birth certificate to prove that he was born in the United States.

But the Texas language does not seem to address the other problems Obama may have with proving he is a natural born citizen.

– Father being a British subject.

– Potentially losing his U.S. citizenship when he was adopted by Lolo Soetoro in Indonesia.

– Has he ever used a non-U.S. passport (to enter Pakistan)?

– Did he ever claim to be a foreign student?

This is why I want multiple states to require proof of eligibility as a “natural born citizen.”

For example, if the Texas law passes as it is currently written above, Obama could suddenly “find” his missing birth certificate (which may even “surprisingly” prove he had a different birth father)and claim that the issue was solved.

But the Texas language would not address the issue of Obama potentially losing his U.S. citizenship after his birth.

Could this possibly explain why Obama wants his friend the Governor of Hawaii to keep the focus on the birth certificate?

We need to make sure ALL of the issues related to Obama’s eligibility are resolved before the 2012 election.

wren on January 25, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Harvard = Good, when JFK and Algore go there, even if Algore leaves and then comes back.

Harvard = Good, when O’bama is named “Editor” of the Harvard Law Review and then breaks precedent by not writing for it.

Harvard = “Bad” when Chimpy Bush matriculates and gets his MBA from the #1 Business School in the USA. His MBA degree is dismissed as “irrelevant” by crr6′s teaching assistants. He’s a legacy, after all, so not as important as an AA.

Update: Adam Wheeler, who faked his way into and thru Harvard (almost) was mentioned the other day in the Oxford newspaper.

Del Dolemonte on January 25, 2011 at 1:02 AM

ace tomato on January 25, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Enjoy the hunt, ace tomato! And thank you for jumping into this important project!

Please let us all know what your investigation finds!

wren on January 25, 2011 at 1:19 AM

How about FOUR: The Democrats love keeping the bithers going.

BuzzCrutcher on January 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Sorry, no dice. This issue is building steam, the culprits will be charged with treason and dealt with accordingly.

scotash on January 25, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Sooooo…. The Hawaii governor is stupider than Birthers.

The birthers however have remained rather quiet on this. Sure, there’s been a few peeps here and there, but most of what I’ve seen is “Good luck buddy” concerning this story. The MSM and blogs on both sides have been the most vocal about it.

I like some of the comments above concerning any new laws requiring proof of “natural born citizen” status. A birth certificate is not enough for this. You have to have been a citizen your entire life. If you get a different citizenship from another country, you are no longer a natural born citizen because you now need to be naturalized to become a US citizen again. So it’s no wonder the birthers ask if Obama was an Indonesian citizen when he was adopted.

Plus, BOTH parents need to be US citizens at the time of birth. Obama’s father was never a US citizen, so Obama has never been a natural born citizen regardless.

MrX on January 25, 2011 at 1:31 AM

volnation on January 25, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Bingo! Dinesh D’Souza’s new book The Roots of Obama’s Rage provides information about his early years and it definately deconstructs Obama’s “brand.”

This book should be required reading before anybody is allowed to vote in 2012!

wren on January 25, 2011 at 1:52 AM

The absent birth certificate is still the story, isn’t it?

Mason on January 25, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Mason, I agree. But I don’t expect much comment moderation of hijackers, flamers, spammers etc here at HotAir anymore.
IMO, as someone who has been posting since 2006, it’s totally gone down the tubes & become quite tedious since 2008.

My on-topic comment from earlier was buried in the “lawyer/law student angst” hijack:

Allah, Ed, et al,
1) when Obama, himself, posted his COLB on HIS OWN “Fight the Smears” site, he waived any privacy rights he may have had.
2) Obama, HIMSELF, has already revealed to the world,  that he was a DUAL CITIZEN at birth due to his father’s British citizenship at the time of O Jr’s birth (see his AUTObiography, Dreams of My Father, page 26) Dual citizenship is incompatible with NATURAL BORN citizen at birth.

Those who choose not to include these 2 FACTS in the eligibility discussion, are the real morons.
Truly sorry in advance if this drives up the comment count by “inciting” those morons to respond.

NightmareOnKStreet on January 25, 2011 at 1:55 AM

“Strunk v Paterson (Obama): First time in the USA since 1824; Judge has opined on what Natural Born citizen is; Concludes Obama is not a NBC.

From the affidavit;

1. This is the AFFIDAVIT OF Christopher-Earl: Strunk in esse, Witness at the January 11, 2011 Hearing on the Notice of Motion for Amended Complaint in Strunk v Paterson et al. New York State Supreme Court of Kings County Index No.: 29642-08 before the Honorable Supreme Court Justice David I. Schmidt with the appearance of Joan Duffy, Esq. Supervising Assistant Attorney General for the New York Attorney General’s Office and Joel Graber, Esq. Special Assistant Attorney General representing the State of New York as a party-in-interest opposing the Motion to Amend the Complaint.
2. After the Court called those in attendance including several law clerks and the audience to order, the Honorable Justice Schmidt questioned Plaintiff as to the subject request for relief to amend the complaint and status of the underlying complaint without there being a recording or transcript of the proceeding.

3. As to the proposed amended complaint, the Court asked whether Plaintiff expects the Court to remove Barack Hussein Obama from office; to wit Plaintiff responded “NO” as that remains a Federal matter. Plaintiff seeks a declaratory judgment as to breach of fiduciary duty by the Defendants failure to provide equal treatment and protection of Plaintiff along with those similarly situated in regards to the certification of the Presidential / Vice Presidential candidates ballot access at the 2008 Election cycle; and as well as plaintiff seeks further discovery as to the scheme to defraud and unjust enrichment.

4. That Plaintiff stated the NYS Board of Elections never responded to the request for documentation of the various certifications of ballot access for the various Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates; and as previously expressed to the Court Plaintiff had filed in Washington DC a FOIA case 08-cv-2234 for the travel records of Stanley Ann Dunham germane herein with a motion for summary judgment decision pending before Judge Richard J. Leon.

5. The Court asked if Plaintiff is seeking to obtain a copy of Barack Hussein Obama Jr.’s (BHO Jr.) Certified Birth record herein; to wit Plaintiff responded “NO”. Plaintiff seeks a decision by the Court as to whether or not the Candidate(s) are eligible for Office of President of the United States (POTUS) as required with the United States Constitution Article 2 Section 1 Clause 5 as required as a regulation by the New York State Board of Elections including inter alias based upon the Certificate of Live Birth published August 21, 2008 by Annenberg Political Fact Check at FactCheck.org http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html (see Exhibit A); and that as a prima facie matter Plaintiff seeks a Court decision herein as to whether or not Obama in fact has Dual Allegiance, is not a Natural Born Citizen per se but merely a Native-Born citizen if that; because BHO Jr.’s father, BHO Sr., is a British subject with a student visa at that time, and is shown to be the purported father of BHO Jr. by both the newspaper announcement and the COLB shown by Fact Check.org; and therefore, at best BHO Jr. is only a “Native” born citizen, if that, with only one U.S. Citizen parent mother as a minor at his birth, and that without two U.S. Citizen parents – BHO Jr. is NOT a “Natural” born citizen at best is “Native” born.

6. The Court asked to know Plaintiff’s understanding of the difference between “Native” and “Natural” born citizen, to wit Plaintiff explained on a blood and soil basis as of the Law of Nations as related to the 1961, 1963 and 1969 Vienna Convention Treaty matters as to citizenship status as with the children of diplomats and tourists who were not certified admitted by the U.S. Customs Service; and

7. Plaintiff provided the Court with a copy of the SCOTUS decision in McCreery’s Lessee v Somerville 22 US 354 (1824) (see Exhibit B), and

8. That the Court responded favorably to Plaintiff’s argument and contention expressing familiarity with the difference between the Natural and Native born, as there is within Jewish law similar precedent and commented that the Court agreed there is a difference and would read the SCOTUS decision Plaintiff provided….

Full affidavit embedded below.

Affidavit: http://www.scribd.com/doc/47106863/Strunk-v-Paterson-Obama-et-al-Memorialization-of-NOM-Hearing-New-York-State-Supreme-Court-Kings-County-1-11-2011

Watching_Cloward-Piven on January 25, 2011 at 2:00 AM

The real problem is that there is no legal venue to challenge Obama’s eligibility. The Supreme Court doesn’t want anything to do with it.

MrX on January 25, 2011 at 3:49 AM

wren on January 24, 2011 at 9:58 PM

But it isn’t the actual electoral voted he’d be forfeiting. It’s the psychological effect it will have on American voters nationwide. If they see him willing to forfeit a state just to hide his BCm they’ll think “What’s up? SOMETHING awful must be on it!” Lying is a cardinal sin in America.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 25, 2011 at 4:36 AM

NightmareOnKStreet on January 24, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Ed refuses so diligently to “get” this issue that he uses the word “native” born instead of the Constituion’s “natural born”. Ed and Allah have always been wilfully obtuse about this.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 25, 2011 at 4:43 AM

cane_loader on January 24, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Yes, I’m very interested in these questions, too. Could it really be that he is null and void because he’s been using an alias?

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 25, 2011 at 4:48 AM

cane_loader on January 24, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Good post, but remember, according to Allah: nothing to see here! And according to Erikson, we’re “birfers” for questioning.

I think I’ll order them both a round of eggs Benedict to go with the eggs on their faces when this comes out.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 25, 2011 at 4:50 AM

katablog.com on January 24, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Good post, too, it answers my “alias” question in that it isn’t so much the use of a non-legal name (Obama) but that he’s either a dual citizen or truly a non-citizen of America.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 25, 2011 at 4:53 AM

….Aging, Liberal, Hippie, Douche Bag…..

PhreeMan on January 25, 2011 at 6:18 AM

Rebar on January 25, 2011 at 12:18 AM

“Lazy, unqualified, and never attended any of the faculty meetings”… from Ulsterman’s Insider, this is still his MO; Insider said that O (or should I say Soetoro?) showed up late for a meeting on Afghanistan, left early, and left laughing it up with some friends.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 25, 2011 at 6:28 AM

How come Hilary, she who started all the BC questions, didn’t figure this out?

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 25, 2011 at 6:29 AM

MrX on January 25, 2011 at 3:49 AM

Until SCOTUS Defines NBC

Was Obama born in Kenya? No!
His father was a Kenyan, though!
Even Fight the Smears says so.
Is he eligible to be President? I don’t know.
(And neither will anyone else) until SCOTUS defines NBC.

Obama released his COLB
As proof of his birth in Hawaii.
To determine his eligibility,
I guess we’ll have to wait and see
Until SCOTUS defines NBC.

Axlerod, Gibbs and Daily Kos
Use press releases and internet posts
To ridicule “birthers” as nuts and jokes.
But it’s all no more than keyboard strokes,
Until SCOTUS defines NBC.

Documents, transcripts, and records under seal.
What is it that he won’t reveal?
To transparency promised, I appeal.
Still, we won’t fully know the deal,
Until SCOTUS defines NBC.

What is an NBC you ask?
I challenge SCOTUS to that task.
A tin-foil hat or Usurper’s mask?
No decisions made without the facts
Or until SCOTUS defines NBC.

Possibility # 4: Through obfuscation, ridicule and with help from LSM, Obama manages to keep any records of his past ( including birth, school, law school, passports, Selective Service, IL state senate, etc.) from being released. By playing out the clock to 2012, Obama will play the legal card if it is discovered that he is ineligible, claiming that a legal precedent has been established by his serving one term already as President.

It is one man’s opinion that Obama is not a Natural Born Citizen as the Constitution requires only the President to be. Therefore he is ineligible to hold the office and should be removed.

singer on January 25, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Why two years into this administration are there still no documents from his past?

How did they get everything covered up so well?

petunia on January 25, 2011 at 9:57 AM

I think what most people haven’t considered is that Obama needs the birther saga. He needs an enemy. It’s easy to caricature these types. They all look like loons. Keeping them looking like loons works for him.

It’s a win win for him. And, a lose lose for the birthers.

Why would Obama release it? He’s already president. Without the birthers, that’s one less thing he can lay on the tea party. One less arrow in his quiver. (Oh wait, we’re not supposed to use that imagery.)

Pablo Snooze on January 25, 2011 at 11:25 AM

How come Hilary, she who started all the BC questions, didn’t figure this out?

Because if she had anything, and went public with it, no black voter would support her in the general election.

Either that, or the Polaroids.

Emperor Norton on January 25, 2011 at 11:36 AM

That’s the one I’m going with, although I’m open to persuasion.

As some have already stated, there is Four: he is playing the birthers. He can be Three and still be capable of Four.

This was intentional and well-orchestrated.

Three using Four on the birthers reveals much about the birthers.

rukiddingme on January 25, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Did not do the homework!

Dark-Star on January 25, 2011 at 12:16 PM

one more time. I think the long form shows his given name at birth was BARRY DUNHAM.

Then he changed his name , at 18?, to Barack Hussein Obama, and went to Pockeestahn (interesting choice for Spring Break).

So why did he change his name this way?

Dunno. Why did Cassius Clay become Muhammed Ali?

Barry does not want those questions asked and neither does the lamestream media. We bitter clinger types might have taken issue ith somneone who converted to multiple religions in a space of 30 yrs. *(recall Jerry Wright then introduced him to his very own form of Christianity later)

We may have found that inconsistent, passive aggressive? a ZELIG! A man with no convictions except belief in his very own specialness? yeah a CLUE the guy was not comfortable in his own skin so to speak, a man with no depth of character, who goes with the winds…

ginaswo on January 25, 2011 at 12:41 PM

It’s a win win for him. And, a lose lose for the birthers.

Pablo Snooze on January 25, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I’ve asked this a dozen times without an answer – where’s the proof that the “birther” issue has done any good for 0bama or the democrat party?

The left has been banging the “birther” drum for two years now, in that time they’ve lose the governorships of VA and NJ, Ted Kennedy’s seat, and received a brutal asskicking Nov. 2nd.

If this is the result of “birtherism” – give me more please.

Rebar on January 25, 2011 at 12:42 PM

What about this?

Schadenfreude on January 25, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Rebar on January 25, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Seems I’ll have to ask a dozen more times.

What about this?

Schadenfreude on January 25, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Don’t you know, no matter what evidence you put in front of “gullibles“, they are too invested in bullying the nerdy kids to accept it.

Rebar on January 25, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Rebar on January 25, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Exactly. Near as I can tell, it’s a winnah. Large numbers of Americans doubt O’s legitimcy.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 25, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Rebar, that Gullibles link is totally right on!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 25, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Many have concerns about the eligibility of these drivers to obtain their licenses and the eligibility of these children to play soccer. Please post all the respective long form birth certificates on the intertubes to satisfy their concerns.

As a note of caution, if you do release them, please be prepared to be inundated with claims of fraud as well as claims of privacy invasion.

0bama choose to disenfranchise an entire state

The State will disenfranchise him by changing the batting rules in the seventh inning of the game.

Last time at bat in TX, he struck out as the ballpark is large. TX doesn’t want him to possibly strike out again, so they might change the rules that allow him to bat.

Last time at bat in PA, he hit a home run as the park is small. PA doesn’t want him to possibly hit a home run again, despite the fact he might strike out, so they might change the rules that allow him to bat.

Brilliant!

I propose a rule for all doubleheaders that allows the losing team to prevent the winning team from batting after the seventh inning stretch. This not only allows the losing team a chance to win the current game, it also guarantees a win in the second game.

why?”……

Rebar on January 24, 2011 at 11:16 PM

If doesn’t release it, birthers chase his tail. If he does release it, less birthers chase his tail.

He would rather have ‘birthers’ chase his tail than ‘less birthers’ chase his tail.

rukiddingme on January 25, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I haven’t asked this a dozen times without an answer – where’s the proof that the birther issue has done any good for the GOP?

The drum banging in your ears comes from your drum.

If this is the result of “birtherism” – give me more please.
Rebar on January 25, 2011 at 12:42 PM

You will never get enough of your bitherism. Got it.

Do you really want to assert that the losses in November are ‘because of birthers’ instead of ‘because his policies are terrible’?

rukiddingme on January 25, 2011 at 5:16 PM

rukiddingme on January 25, 2011 at 5:12 PM
rukiddingme on January 25, 2011 at 5:16 PM

I guess you didn’t understand from last thread, so I’ll make it even more clear.

You are a tiresome and stupid troll, thus you are the first and (hopefully) last person on my “ignore” list.

But please, do rant on.

Rebar on January 25, 2011 at 5:21 PM

It was understood your assertion was flawed. Instead of agreeing and ending it at that, you decided to suggest I was hitting the sauce a little early in the day.

The cherry on top was stating you tried to engage in civil conversation right after calling me stupid.

You are a tiresome and stupid troll,

Your assertion was wrong. I pointed it out. I am stupid.

You must be a genius.

thus you are the first and (hopefully) last person on my “ignore” list.

That’s okay Rebar. Those that claim to want to protect the Constitution one day, then claim that it is okay to discard the Constitution the next day, are first on my do not ignore list.

But please, do rant on.
Rebar on January 25, 2011 at 5:21 PM

You betcha!

rukiddingme on January 25, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Looks like Arizona will pass their law.

It also looks like Missouri and Oklahoma will consider similar bills, bringing total states to seven requiring proof-positive of eligibility.

It’s a tidal wave of “birther” victory!

Rebar on January 25, 2011 at 8:07 PM