Jim DeMint to join boycott of CPAC by some socially conservative groups

posted at 7:09 pm on January 21, 2011 by Allahpundit

His spokesman doesn’t offer a specific reason, but it’s not hard to figure out why a guy who famously insisted that “you can’t be a fiscal conservative and not be a social conservative” might skip an event that now seems primed to test that theory.

Assuming that this makes attendance at CPAC the new RINO litmus test, what conclusion are we to draw from the fact that Ed will be there whereas I will not? Hmmmm.

“With leading conservatives organizations not participating this year, Senator DeMint will not be attending. He hopes to attend a unified CPAC next year,” DeMint spokesman Wesley Denton said in an email.

If you missed Ed’s chat with David Keene, the chairman of the American Conservative Union (which runs CPAC), about this year’s boycott, read it now. More than one justification has been offered by boycotters for staying away, but chiefly it’s a protest of the gay conservative group GOProud being included as a participating organization. What’s intriguing about this particular intraparty split is that it doesn’t fall neatly along traditional “true conservative”/RINO lines. For instance, not only is grassroots rock star Andrew Breitbart promising to throw a party for gay conservatives (“The first annual Roy Cohn CPAC Breitbart Homocon Welcoming 80′s Extravaganza”), he’s just joined GOProud’s advisory council. And plenty of big-name social cons are still planning to intend, among them Rick Santorum(!). So essentially, it looks like three things will come out of this: (1) More pointed jokes at DeMint’s expense by GOProud’s founder; (2) a campily fun theme party with DJ Breitbart at the turntable; and (3) some indirect hype for the Values Voter Summit (which, coincidentally, is organized by one of the boycotting groups, the Family Research Council) as the only conference that truly represents social conservatives. Good enough?

Update: A belated exit question. DeMint’s spokesman says he hopes for a “unified CPAC” next year. If GOProud wants to participate again and is excluded in order to please boycotting social cons, is CPAC “unified” under those circumstances?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I have no idea. You are the one who brought the KKK into the conversation. At one time they were powerful. Today they are considered to be kooks by everyone.

SC.Charlie on January 22, 2011 at 4:58 PM

well why don’t you answer the question I posed…for once in your life? you seem unable to go beyond talking points.

do you think doctors should be forced to perform abortions too?

right4life on January 22, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Right4life, I propose that both of stop spending so much time on our computers and get on with the rest of our lives, in peace.

SC.Charlie on January 22, 2011 at 5:00 PM

right4life on January 22, 2011 at 5:02 PM

I’m at peace…although I do enjoy seeing you get worked up trying to defend fascism… – right4life on January 22, 2011 at 5:02 PM

“There you go again” – Ronald Reagan

SC.Charlie on January 22, 2011 at 5:07 PM

“There you go again” – Ronald Reagan

SC.Charlie on January 22, 2011 at 5:07 PM

truth hurts

right4life on January 22, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Good for Jim. One more reason to like him.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 22, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Oh, please, give us all a break. Now let’s all have a group hug!

SC.Charlie on January 22, 2011 at 4:37 PM

You never finish a point to it’s conclusion. I take it you concede my point. Thanks.

hawkdriver on January 22, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Amadeus on January 21, 2011 at 7:32 PM

After she agreed with Bruce that anyone who opposes the gay agenda is “hiding something”, wouldn’t surprise me in the least…

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 22, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Marginalizing himself, good. This is the same guy who thinks single moms shouldnt be allowed to become teachers. Not suprising. What is suprising is how people allowed him to co-opt the Tea Party.

swamp_yankee on January 22, 2011 at 6:04 PM

DeMint is DeMan!

Bleed_thelizard on January 22, 2011 at 7:07 PM

DeMint’s absence will be drowned out by the presence of social cons like Santorum and Rubio.

amerpundit on January 21, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Perhaps he makes decisions based on his convictions and not how many political points he can gain. Call me strange, but I kinda like that in my elected officials.

miConsevative on January 22, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Oh, that the day where those we give our vote to those who most concerned with doing what they themselves think is right rather than doing what is right for they themselves. – miConsevative on January 22, 2011 at 7:43 PM

So gays should continue to be forced back into the closet, because a politician believes that they are _________. I will let you fill in the blank.

SC.Charlie on January 22, 2011 at 9:08 PM

SC.Charlie on January 22, 2011 at 9:08 PM

oh yes, demint not appearing at CPAC is ‘forcing gays into the closet’ LOL talk about a drama queen…amazing.

no one cares what you gays do, its only because you want special rights, that have never existed in the history of the world, and you want to impose a gay sharia law, where any criticism of you is illegal.

as we learned before, fascism must be stopped….you’ve lost the argument…you lose every vote…all you can do is try to impose your agenda via the tyranny of the judiciary.

right4life on January 22, 2011 at 9:29 PM

right4life on January 22, 2011 at 9:29 PM

There never was anything like the USA until we took that “5,000 year leap” such a relatively short time ago. History is filled with slavery, despotism and mass-murder. Such is the norm for mankind. Gays wanting equal rights isn’t a special right, but an evolution. Ted and Fred getting married doesn’t affect you one effing bit.

right4life on January 22, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Actually, the trend is going away from you. The younger demographic doesn’t mind things like gay marriage or interracial dating. As these people grow older, many will become fiscally more conservative, but that’s about it.

toliver on January 22, 2011 at 10:05 PM

right4life, I do agree with you insofar as some gay activists are extremely obnoxious.

toliver on January 22, 2011 at 10:06 PM

SC.Charlie on January 22, 2011 at 9:08 PM

I said nothing in regard to my position on gays. Your response is not only a non-sequitur, but it makes some giant leaps even the most talented of frogs would envy to get to your inane conclusion.

I was simply responding to the the comment where someone was implying that his decision wouldn’t make a loud political statement and therefore was stupid because it probably won’t win him any political points.

I offered that perhaps his decision for making his stance isn’t about advancing his career, but about standing firm in his convictions. Perhaps you think a politician who makes his decisions based only on their potential for furthering his career is great for America – I, personally, prefer someone who knows what he believes, states that plainly and sticks to it within the confines of his constitutional duties.

miConsevative on January 22, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Bad move on DeMint’s part.

I blame Sarah Palin.

lonestar1 on January 22, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Bad move on DeMint’s part.

I blame Sarah Palin.

lonestar1 on January 22, 2011 at 10:34 PM

The cutting edge thing is to blame Michele Bachmann along with Palin. Get with the program.

toliver on January 22, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I want you to go, but if you go on camera on the Ed Morrissey show, you know you will be praised AND crucified (I take that back) at the same time. Hey if you wanna go, fine with me. Just use your real name or something. That, and you must hang out and blend with the rest of the booths.

I want a Palin interview with Ed.

ProudPalinFan on January 23, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Whoops. Governor Palin hasn’t confirmed as of yet, last time I read the schedule.

ProudPalinFan on January 23, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Wise Latina Woman Sez: I don’t mind GOProud at all. I think they should be there. They are on our side. That’s what matters. If they want to change their tone to move the GOP towards the center, thankyouverymuch that has been accomplished already.

Does GOProud have RINOs in their group? I bet. But they seem nice, sweet and quite intelligent. And to chicks, they are terrible losses b/c of their awesome handsomeness. Ouch.

ProudPalinFan on January 23, 2011 at 12:21 AM

toliver on January 22, 2011 at 10:05 PM

uh huh I hear that all the time..but it never shows up at the polls….did you hear what happened in iowa at the last election where those judges who voted for gay marriage lost…and are judges no longer? if the gays were so confident of this, then they wouldn’t bother with the courts. even in liberal CA you lost.

you want to reach minorities for the conservative cause? social issues are the way to go…as prop 8 showed. fiscal-only is NOT the way to reach out to minorities.

gays already have equal rights, in fact they have special rights already, as the case of that doctor in CA shows. ted and fred living together doesn’t bother me, but when it comes to marriage, then ted and fred will take my right to disagree away. why should I give up my rights, so you can have special rights that have NEVER existed in the history of the world?

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 8:19 AM

toliver on January 22, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Are you really comparing people with an opinion on gay rights activism to slavery, despotism and mass-murder?

You should write novels. The drama flavor.

hawkdriver on January 23, 2011 at 8:26 AM

toliver on January 22, 2011 at 10:05 PM

oh one other thing, interracial marriage has nothing at all to do with gay marriage…neither does the civil rights movement…you are desperately trying to gain legitimacy for your illegitimate cause by falsely linking your movement to the civil rights movement.

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 8:26 AM

ProudPalinFan on January 23, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Lots of folks pulling for Charlie Crist on this site. Even if they wouldn’t display open support for him after he went over the deep end, they still railed against Rubio and other Conservatives. Talk about driving a wedge into Conservatism with a social issue.

Remember this, I’ve been chastised I don’t know howe many times on this site to not even debate the drug war issue, the abortion issue or even express faith beliefs because those are loser SOCON issues that divert our attention from the more important things, (like our oh so important money). Okay, look at the headlines now.

hawkdriver on January 23, 2011 at 8:32 AM

hawkdriver on January 23, 2011 at 8:32 AM

its funny that those ‘loser’ socon issues are the ones that won the minority vote in CA in prop 8. the fiscal con-jobs assure us that concentrating on the money will win us the votes, when just the opposite is true.

conservatives want to reach out to minorities, then social issues are the way to do it, not fiscal issues. as prop 8 has PROVEN.

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 8:35 AM

toliver on January 22, 2011 at 10:05 PM

I am so tired of that narrow-minded and quite frankly bigoted response. What else could I call your generalization?

You wouldn’t/couldn’t get a single cogent argument against inter-ethic marriages from the good people of this site.(Ethnic my friend because believe it or not, we’re all the same race or maybe you hadn’t been told) Your “elders” here aren’t against that any more than you and as the father of a multicultural family, I resent your constance attempts to try and tie the two. The first woman I thought I might ask to marry was black and the woman I did marry was Latin/Asian.

I’ll go further. I would put my and my families service to minority community projects against anything you’ve done in your life up to now. From Christmas Box drives over more holidays than I can count, to counseling young minorities in units I’ve served in, on paths to becoming officers and warrants, to teaching Black Military History for my comrades I have done more than you.

I understand the need for straw-men when your arguments weak, but can you be a little less insulting with yours?

hawkdriver on January 23, 2011 at 8:48 AM

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 8:35 AM

I don’t think conservatives will ever crack the code on minority voting because they still believe the liberal media meme. The biggest point I see them missing, as you say, their obvious social conservative side.

hawkdriver on January 23, 2011 at 8:55 AM

hawkdriver on January 23, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Look at the polling numbers and studies, or just open your eyes to the anecdotal world around you. Older people disfavor interracial relationships at a higher rate than younger people. It’s similar for gay relationships, but even more pronounced. How this is insulting to you, I do not know. Be advised that there’s at least one well known poster here that has expressed a distaste for black/white mixing. Her handle and her supporters shall remain nameless.

And we are all the same species, but not race.

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 8:19 AM

So that “I” can have special rights? I’m not gay, but I do object to bigotry, mostly based on a collection of inconsistent fairy tails. And you would not give up a single right if Ted and Fred marry.

Look at the numbers from 30-50 years ago regarding gays. Look at the current numbers. The times they are a’chang’n.

I mentioned interracial relationships in the same breath not because they are connected, but because those numbers changed as the old thinking died off.

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 11:04 AM

You, on the other hand, seem to prefer a politician to have no convictions whatsoever, which leaves me at a loss to figure out what he is to use to judge how he will vote on pieces of legislation – a magic 8-ball? flip a coin? call Miss Cleo? – miConsevative on January 22, 2011 at 10:30 PM

DeMint is picking up his marbles and going home, because conservative gays have been allowed to attend. Let him state his position and fight for it at CPAC. He reminds me of Jerry Falwell years ago, when a close friend came out of the closet. Falwell refused to ever speak to the man ever again.

SC.Charlie on January 23, 2011 at 12:00 PM

post your proof sonny, I’ve been in an interracial marriage for 20+ years. give me a break.

And we are all the same species, but not race.

VERY INTERESTING…Darwin thought the same thing…as did Sanger…and Hitler….

“The more civilized so-called Caucasian races have beaten the Turkish hollow in the struggle for existence. Looking to the world at no very distant date, what an endless number of the lower races will have been eliminated by the higher civilised races throughout the world.” (Darwin, Charles R. [English naturalist and founder of the modern theory of evolution], “The Life of Charles Darwin”, [1902], Senate: London, 1995, reprint, p.64).

so please list the LOWER RACES darwin refers to. because in evolutionary thinking, some races have to be more ‘evolved’ than others. this is why the theory of evolution is RACIST as hell. you should be ashamed of yourself, you’re a racist.

the only bigotry I see is on the part of the gays and their sycophantic supporters against christians, and anyone else who dares disagree with the gays. oh but we know the gays would NEVER complain about the muslims…and we all know why.

I’ve already posted several articles that prove our rights are already being lost to the gay agenda. you’re a liar.

newsflash: YOU LOSE EVERY ELECTION. don’t expect it to change. people are onto the fascist nature of the gays…and they also know that if gay marriage is approved, then polygamy/polyandry, and pedophilia will soon be legalized.

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 12:52 PM

SC.Charlie on January 23, 2011 at 12:00 PM

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 12:54 PM

why would you speak to someone who betrays you? and gay conservatives are an oxymoron…when you support gay marriage, you’re not conservative. right4life on January 23, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Falwell was betrayed? No Falwell could not handle the truth. DeMint can stay home and count his marbles.

SC.Charlie on January 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM

And we are all the same species, but not race.

VERY INTERESTING…Darwin thought the same thing…as did Sanger…and Hitler…

I’m sure Hitler believed in the Sun rising in the East and gravity too.

Homo sapiens sapiens > Caucasian, Mongoloid, Negroid

You should have learned that in grammar school, but then again, I’m talking to a guy that thinks Lincoln started the war between the states.

If you don’t like blacks, but have to serve them in your restaurant, have you lost a right? Your NYT article didn’t prove anything, as it was speculative.

Again, the trend is against you. Look at how the views on DADT have changed over time.

Ted and Fred marrying =/= child molestation, bestiality, burglary, grand theft auto, fraud or mass-murder.

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM

And we are all the same species, but not race.

VERY INTERESTING…Darwin thought the same thing…as did Sanger…and Hitler…

I’m sure Hitler believed in the Sun rising in the East and gravity too.

Homo sapiens sapiens > Caucasian, Mongoloid, Negr0id

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Negr0id

I had to put a zero in there as the word filter wouldn’t let me post.

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 2:27 PM

SC.Charlie on January 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM

he was betrayed…just like liberals in conservative clothing, like you, betray conservatism.

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 2:46 PM

I’m sure Hitler believed in the Sun rising in the East and gravity too.

Homo sapiens sapiens > Caucasian, Mongoloid, Negr0id

uh yeah I did learn that racist bit of evolutionary propaganda in school…here’s the answer to my question, which you don’t have the guts to answer…from ‘a civic biology’ the book at the heart of the scopes ‘monkey trial’

At the present time there exist upon the earth five races or varieties of man, each very different from the other in instincts, social customs, and, to an extent, in structure. These are the Ethiopian or negro type, originating in Africa; the Malay or brown race, from the islands of the Pacific; the American Indian; the Mongolian or yellow race, including the natives of China, Japan, and the Eskimos; and finally, the highest type of all, the Caucasians, represented by the civilized white inhabitants of Europe and America.

racist as hell.

uh where did I say that? nice lie. if you had any integrity you’d apologize. but you’re not man enough to, its more than obvious.

again you have to try to latch onto the civil rights movement to give your illegitimate movement some legitimacy…no one is buying it. tell the doctor in CA how ‘speculative’ it was to lose his freedom of religion and speech. duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 2:26 PM

oh yes political correctness wins again…and it will harm our military greatly, with affirmative action for gays…just like for muslims….major hassan anyone? no one would dare criticize him….and look what happened.

sure seems like the ‘safe schools czar’ the founder of GLSEN is just fine with pedophilia…no wonder GLSEN aims their indoctrination towards kids.

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I’m sure Hitler believed in the Sun rising in the East and gravity too.

Homo sapiens sapiens > Caucasian, Mongoloid, Negr0id

At the present time there exist upon the earth five races or varieties of man, each very different from the other in instincts, social customs, and, to an extent, in structure. These are the Ethiopian or n egro type, originating in Africa; the Malay or brown race, from the islands of the Pacific; the American Indian; the Mongolian or yellow race, including the natives of China, Japan, and the Eskimos; and finally, the highest type of all, the Caucasians, represented by the civilized white inhabitants of Europe and America.

racist as hell.

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 2:53 PM

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 2:55 PM

can’t seem to respond to the rest of it….oh well guess we can’t criticize certain ‘protected groups’

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 2:58 PM

It wasn’t one of the other Palinbots. Yeah, you did argue that goofy point.

And it equally as goofy to say that there are not three races. It’s one thing to be skeptical of evolution, but to deny races? Do you deny the two sexes as well?

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 2:55 PM

I’m not familiar with the Doc, but I will say PC has run amok for at least 20 years.

Blacks are born black, while gays are born gay, so there is a bit of a similarity to people being denied equal rights. Since you’ve never discussed sexuality with a gay person before [and don't plan to I assume] you’ll remain ignorant on the matter.

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Everyone deserves the exact same rights, and the exact same treatment by the government.

It will be interesting to see the relative sizes of the conservative conventions.

Keith_Indy on January 23, 2011 at 7:08 PM

It wasn’t one of the other Palinbots. Yeah, you did argue that goofy point.

post your proof, or apologize. I don’t ever remember talking about lincoln…

newsflash gomer…there is ONE RACE THE HUMAN RACE….

you’re a racist. evolution is a racist theory…gould knew it too.

Blacks are born black, while gays are born gay, so there is a bit of a similarity to people being denied equal rights. .

uh then if gays are born that way, so are pedophiles….and all the arguments for gay ‘marriage’ can be used for pedophiles too.

you know you make a lot of ASSumptions…you dumbass piece of trash.

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Keith_Indy on January 23, 2011 at 7:08 PM

this has to be one of the most ignorant statements I’ve ever seen. do you think Gacy should be treated exactly the same as everyone else? how about Bundy or manson? how about polygamist and pedophiles?

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 7:11 PM

post your proof, or apologize. I don’t ever remember talking about lincoln…

It wasn’t gary, jen or crazylilly – it was you that blamed Lincoln for the war like a loon. I’ll not apologize and I’ll not spend an hour looking for the thread.

newsflash gomer…there is ONE RACE THE HUMAN RACE….

you’re a racist. evolution is a racist theory…gould knew it too.

There is one species; learn your definitions.

You know, I have to deal with douchebag liberals calling me “anti-science” because I vote for Republicans and reject AGW. It because of ignoramuses like you that they can do this. A significant % of those of us “on the right” are in fact anti-science. How sad.

Because when pedos act on their sexual preference, kids get hurt. Pedos should not act on their urges, while it’s fine for Ted and Fred. Since you don’t know any gay people, you lump them in with criminals like a moron. Sarah Palin would never do such a thing.

you know you make a lot of ASSumptions…you dumbass piece of trash.

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 7:09 PM

You’ve never had a serious conversation with even one gay person about their sexuality. You’ve never had a friend that’s gay [co-worker acquaintances don't count].

If you were a European Christian born in the dark ages you’d favor the burning of witches. If you born in Pakistan, you’d be a radical Muslim that would likely favor very harsh treatment of gays. You’re only a Christian because you were raised in the West. A person’s life philosophy should not be a function of geography.

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM

right4life on January 23, 2011 at 7:11 P

Murderers harm others. If Ted and Fred murder, they should be prosecuted. If all they want to do is mind their own business and not harm others, they should be treated like everyone else. You’re not very bright, are you?

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Ted and Fred can’t be married. Marriage is a sacred institution in which a man and a woman are joined together by God in holy matrimony. It is honorable in all and the bed undefiled. God has condemned sodomy not blessed it.

The courts or congress may declare two men or two women married but that would be a lie and a perversion of its true meaning.

Having the government declare homosexuals “married” does dishonor and defile the society that blesses such perversion.

In the same vein it has also been cheapened and defiled by easy divorce and multiple marriages. If and when our government gives homosexual “marriage” the same legal recognition it now gives to one between a man and a woman it will not be a sign of progress but of the further degeneration of our society.

When people engage in sodomy it is not because God has made them that way and they are unable to help themselves.

“Let no man say when he is tempted that he is tempted of God for God cannot be tempted with evil. But every man is tempted is when he is led away of his own lust. And lust when it has conceived brings forth sin and sin when it is finished brings forth death.”

The same is true for fornication, adultery, and every other sin.

bluesdoc70 on January 23, 2011 at 9:46 PM

bluesdoc70 on January 23, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Marriage is also a legal arrangement that government recognizes. What if the word “marriage” was not used but Ted and Fred had the same legal rights? Would that be OK?

And please don’t tell me that you think Jonah spent three days and nights in the belly of a fish.

Also, if you were born in Pakistan, would you be a Christian?

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Do you even read what people write?

And there’s no such thing as a gay with ethnic biases?

That you would insinuate that someone’s believe about a behavior would relegate them to ethnic bigotry is insulting and if that’s hard for you to understand I’ll not sure what to tell you.

Her name is Jenfidel. She made a comment that she apologized for. She stated later that it didn’t reflect her true feelings about multicultural marriages. I suppose forgiveness isn’t in the gay playbook. Once you have a mistake, you use it for the cause forever?

And we are all the same species, but not race.

We’re the same race. Think what you want.

hawkdriver on January 23, 2011 at 10:11 PM

After seeing three pages worth of fanatical blather from rightaboutnothing and his fundie friends, I’m more convinced than ever that we need to get the government out of marriage entirely. And while we’re at it maybe we can do something about how it blindly subsidizes reproduction….

Dark-Star on January 23, 2011 at 10:17 PM

“Religion and government will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”

John Madison

Dark-Star on January 23, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Dark-Star on January 23, 2011 at 10:17 PM

The fanaticism comes from both directions. It’s just what you’re willing to see.

hawkdriver on January 23, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I have a “gay playbook”? I think her comment is illustrative of how many think on our side of the aisle. Religion thwarts our reason from time to time.

And there’s no such thing as a gay with ethnic biases?

Of course there is. I’m saying younger people aren’t as biased against gays as older people. They are also not as biased against interracial relationships.

Being attracted to the same sex makes one gay — not the action of sex. In other words, if you are a woman watching re-runs of Baywatch and you get turned on by the hot chicks and not the buff dudes, you’re gay. This is not a choice.

We’re the same race. Think what you want.

It’s what the dictionary thinks. It’s what the encyclopedia thinks. The term, “human race” is kind of a misnomer. If you wish to use the English language, do try to have your definitions squared away.

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 10:43 PM

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Mostly opinion. Whatever!

hawkdriver on January 23, 2011 at 10:46 PM

I would just ask though Toliver, that if you insist on using the “wow, he must be a racist too” meme, stick with the individuals who have actually made comments along those lines. I see you have at least, oh, one that made an offhanded remark that, again, she apologized for, that you can’t seem to let go of.

One.

hawkdriver on January 23, 2011 at 10:51 PM

One.

hawkdriver on January 23, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I’m saying that blacks and gays are born as they are. We’ve gotten over black prejudice for the most part, which is a testament to the goodness of America. Our grandkids will look back at us with some disdain when they study how we discriminated against gays in a similar way we look back and see the errors of our ways regarding blacks.

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 11:12 PM

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 11:12 PM

I was born in the middle of the last century and never had any of your described prejudices. I’m struggling to make your connection.

hawkdriver on January 23, 2011 at 11:18 PM

hawkdriver on January 23, 2011 at 11:18 PM

You are but one individual.

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Gay conservatives? I love to have their votes, but I’m awfully confused as to what conservative values are represented in being “gay?”

Don L on January 24, 2011 at 10:05 AM

of course you won’t. proving what a lying piece of trash you are.

There is one species; learn your definitions.

you sure are pro-Racism. talk about ignorance, you’re too stupid to recognize the racism in the theory you don’t have the intelligence to defend. laughable. most darwiniacs are brain-dead jackasses like you…too stupid to even understand the theory they supposedly love so much. what a buffoon!! LOL

hey gomer…pedophilia is just another sexual orientation…get a clue. again you prove you’re too stupid to understand what you defend. you’re just a talking point moron. every argument you use to defend homosexuality can be used to defend pedophilia…and apparently pedophilia is no big deal to the ‘safe schools czar’ the guy who founded GLSEN.

how the hell do you know? you make a lot of idiotic ASSumptions….again what an arrogant buffoon you are. you’re a legend in your own mind!!

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM

typical left-wing talking points…polly wanna talking point? duhhhhhhhh

pathetically stupid. newsflash gomer…I’m a christian, and would be wherever I lived…because HE decided upon that before HE made the world…get a clue….and try to evolve some intelligence….damn you’re stupid.

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 10:41 AM

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 8:42 PM

uh gomer, did you read what he posted?? reading is fundamental…duhhhh…moron.

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Dark-Star on January 23, 2011 at 10:17 PM

nice to see you’re idiotic drivel again. you’re always good for a laugh of two. as far as reproduction…please don’t have any kids….they might turn out like you…God forbid.

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 10:45 AM

One.

hawkdriver on January 23, 2011 at 10:51 PM

it is funny, given that toliver is a proven racist. little doubt which race considers more ‘evolved’ than others.

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 10:49 AM

typical left-wing talking points…polly wanna talking point? duhhhhhhhh

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Really? I guess “he” has chosen a billion Muslims to be Muslim because Christianity doesn’t cut it for them? No, you’d be a Muslim if you were raised in Egypt, as you are a proud member of the herd, devoid of the individualistic thought process. Had you been breathing through your mouth in the middle ages, you would have called for Copernicus and Galileo to be prosecuted.

of course you won’t. proving what a lying piece of trash you are.

You said Lincoln “plunged the nation into war”. I guess even you can look back upon some of your your statements and see crazy. How embarrassing it must be to be you.

Just who is PC here? Racism would be treating people poorly based on the their harmless genetic characteristics, kinda like what you do. Again, Sarah Palin would not. How does it feel to disagree with your master?

No sane gay person would ever befriend a hateful bigot such as yourself. If you somehow have managed to cloak your heinous heart and fool the occasional homosexual into a friendship, please tell us all about it. Tell us about these conversations where your gay friends have confided in you their “choice” of sexual orientation.

No, a better explanation would be you have no gay friends or family, as you’ve said on another thread. You said you knew a gay or two from work. That doesn’t count as a meaningful friendship. You are ignorant.

toliver on January 24, 2011 at 11:04 AM

I’m saying that blacks and gays Pedophiles are born as they are. We’ve gotten over black prejudice for the most part, which is a testament to the goodness of America. Our grandkids will look back at us with some disdain when they study how we discriminated against gays pedophiles in a similar way we look back and see the errors of our ways regarding blacks.

toliver on January 23, 2011 at 11:12 PM

fify

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 11:04 AM

perhaps you should try reading the bible before making a bigger fool of yourself. as far as a member of the herd…mooo for me…because you’re obviously not intelligent enough to think for yourself, instead you accept what is popular, because you don’t have the intelligence to think for yourself, and the guts to defy conventional wisdom.

again you prove what a liar you are. as far as crazy, have you ever read the lunatic drivel you post? LOL

you must be masochistic to enjoy making such a fool out of yourself.

kind of like you do with pedophiles. how bigoted of you. you’re a proven racist, you think some races are more evolved than others…just like darwin, hitler, and sanger…I’m sure you’re proud to be in such company.

as far as palin is my master…huh??? another idiotic left-wing talking point…what a buffoon!! LOL

you might want to check the mirror for the hateful bigot…its called projection you hate-filled lying nut-case. more laughable ASSumptions on your part…I do feel sorry for you such stupid has to hurt!!

toliver on January 24, 2011 at 11:04 AM

where did I say this? damn you are such a liar. can you ever tell the truth?? you really are a pathetic little man.

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 11:11 AM

You still continue to equate Ted and Fred with those that would molest a seven year-old boy/girl after a foul manipulation?

Dude, you’re crazy. Later.

toliver on January 24, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Dude, you’re crazy. Later.

toliver on January 24, 2011 at 11:14 AM

dude, you sure can’t disprove what I said…..cause you’re too stupid….

later liar.

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Gays wanting equal rights isn’t a special right, but an evolution.

Please, don’t throw more fuel on that fire, the gay argument is more than enough to keep a good food fight going.

RINO in Name Only on January 24, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Dude, you’re crazy. Later. – toliver on January 24, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Toliver, you are just finding this out. There is no reasoning with the unreasonable.

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 11:28 AM

fify

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 11:04 AM

What nonsense. Being black and being gay has nothing to do with anyone else – it effects no one else’s life but theirs. Being a pedophile does effect lives, and often destroys them. How could you possibly make such a comparison?

RINO in Name Only on January 24, 2011 at 11:29 AM

RINO in Name Only on January 24, 2011 at 11:29 AM

uh yeah right…tell that to the doctor in CA who lost his freedom of speech and religion to the gays…get a clue.

its rather simple….pedophilia is just another sexual orientation…so using the ‘logic’ for gay marriage, why discriminate against them? its inborn, they can’t help it.

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 11:28 AM

thats why all I do is make you look foolish…which isn’t hard.

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 11:36 AM

RINO in Name Only on January 24, 2011 at 11:29 AM

in case you don’t know what I am referring to about the doctor in CA…

California’s high court on Monday barred doctors from withholding medical care to gays and lesbians based on religious beliefs, ruling that state law prohibiting sexual orientation discrimination extends to the medical profession.

The ruling was unanimous, a contrast to the state Supreme Court’s 4-3 schism in May legalizing gay marriage.

Justice Joyce Kennard wrote in the ruling that two Christian fertility doctors who refused to artificially inseminate a lesbian have neither a free speech right nor a religious exemption from the state’s law, which “imposes on business establishments certain antidiscrimination obligations.” http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4941377&page=1

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Right4life, good for the California Supreme Court and that the decision was unanimous.

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM

no surprise a good little fascist with you is fine with denying those you disagree with freedom of speech and religion.

did you starch your brown shirt today? and polish your jack-boots?

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 11:59 AM

with you….like you…

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:00 PM

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:05 PM

did you starch your brown shirt today? and polish your jack-boots? right4life on January 24, 2011 at 11:59 AM

“There you go again” – Ronald Reagan

Read the following about your case: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/118766.php

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:07 PM

“There you go again” – Ronald Reagan

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:07 PM

truth hurts doesn’t it charlie? why do you celebrate the denial of speech and religious liberty to someone? you sound like a typical liberal.

the article you posted is about the case…yeah so?

do you favor forcing doctors to perform abortions too?

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM

oh I should thank you for proving my point…gay marriage is all about denying rights for those who disagree, while giving special rights to gays. right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:05 PM

The right to receive medical treatment is a special right? I believe that California also provides for the right of a person of any faith to medical treatment. You must be livid that Elton John and his partner have a child?

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:12 PM

do you favor forcing doctors to perform abortions too? – right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM

No, I do not. Read the article closely. Also this decision was handed down by the California Supreme Court in 2008.

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:12 PM

elton and his partner didn’t have a child…its biologically impossible…no they adopted a child, because children, like everything else, are to be used, and denied a real mother and father, which is best for the children.

its all about the greed of the gays…who cares whats best for anyone else?

yes forcing a doctor to perform a service which he or she objects to for any reason, is reprehensible …lets see if you have the guts to answer the question..do you think doctors

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:16 PM

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM

thanks for answering….but of course you do approve of forcing doctors to violate their religious beliefs when it comes to the gays….

you do know your position is logically inconsistent, right? but then its all about the gays and their desires…

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:17 PM

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Elton and his partner had a surrogate, one of them is them father.

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Elton and his partner had a surrogate, one of them is them father.

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:24 PM

so? did they do it the old fashioned way or artificial insemination?

children need a mother and father.

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM

yeah they overturned the court of appeals…so? what point are you trying to make? other than the obvious..which is denying freedom to others is what the gay movement is all about. – right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Therefore, you oppose the California law that makes it illegal to deny medical services to a person of any faith?

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:27 PM

so? did they do it the old fashioned way or artificial insemination? children need a mother and father.
right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM

I sure wish that married couples would stop getting divorces, depriving children of both.

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:30 PM

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:27 PM

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:31 PM

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:30 PM

me too..but you don’t have that same wish for gay couples, obviously.

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:31 PM

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:27 PM

do you think pedophilia is a sexual orientation?

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:32 PM

did you read your own article? the state law in question bars so-called discrimination based upon sexual orientation. – right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:31 PM

It was added to the same state law that provide for protection of people of any faith.

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:34 PM

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:34 PM

it provides no protection for doctors of faith obviously.

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:35 PM

me too..but you don’t have that same wish for gay couples, obviously. – right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I am sure that their son will get plenty of attention and will provided for royally. I am sure that he will have many “aunts” hovering over him.

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:37 PM

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:37 PM

charlie…sigh…in one post you wish hetero people wouldn’t divorce so children would have a mother and father…and in the next you glowing approve of the lack of a mother as long as gays are involved…

cognitive dissonance? amazing double standard.

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Dude, you’re crazy. Later. – toliver on January 24, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Amen

Allahpundit……………..this thread is way off track.

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Amen

Allahpundit……………..this thread is way off track.

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:40 PM

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:42 PM

its called projection charlie…get some help, its more than obvious you really need it… – right4life on January 24, 2011 at 12:42 PM

I can’t. Your law only provides protection for gays in California, not in South Carolina/sarc

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:50 PM

SC.Charlie on January 24, 2011 at 12:50 PM

oh sure you can charlie…the type of professional help I was talking about was from a priest…they provide exorcisms to all who need it….

right4life on January 24, 2011 at 1:54 PM