The Ed Morrissey Show: Andrew Malcolm

posted at 1:30 pm on January 18, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

Today I will be a busy show host, with two shows for today!  The first show will take place live from Lifeway Christian Bookstore in Woodbury, as Governor Tim Pawlenty signs copies of his new book Courage to Stand.  We’ll broadcast the show live on AM 1280 The Patriot in the Twin Cities as well as with live video and chat at Hot Air.  Later, we’ll talk with Andrew Malcolm at our regular time of 3 pm ET, discussing the intersection of media and politics with the Prince of Twitter!

Meanwhile, since I will be on the road for a good portion of the day, we’re bringing in some guest bloggers to spice things up here today.  Jazz Shaw and Jimmy Bise will come out of the Green Room, and Verum Serum’s John Sexton will make his debut at Hot Air as a guest blogger and afterward as a Green Room contributor.

The Ed Morrissey Show and its dynamic chatroom can be seen on the permanent TEMS page — — be sure to join us, and don’t forget to keep up with the debate on my Facebook page, too!

Comments

we’re bringing in some guest bloggers to spice things up here today. Jazz Shaw and Jimmy Bise will come out of the Green Room, and Verum Serum’s John Sexton will make his debut at Hot Air as a guest blogger and afterward as a Green Room contributor.

Oh, joy.

miConsevative on January 18, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Ed, have you started production on those Pawlenty campaign boaters yet?

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on January 18, 2011 at 10:29 AM

So Ed, when are you leaving Hot Air to work on Pawlenty’s campaign?

conservative pilgrim on January 18, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Not that I want you to leave Hot Air! But it’s obvious you are leaning toward Pawlenty.

conservative pilgrim on January 18, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Is it just me, or is ‘courage to stand’ an awkward phrase? I mean, without any discussion of the meaning, it just feels/sounds awkward. *shrug*

Midas on January 18, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Hey, try to get him to actually answer questions … without pointing out what an Amazing governor he was … despite the Democratic stranglehold or something.

MeatHeadinCA on January 18, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Here’s my prayer:

If Pawlenty declares he’s a candidate for the Presidency for the 2012 election (2013 term to begin), can everyone on the Right please not smear, rip at and denigrate this man?

The goal isn’t to make your own points or objections or comlaints known for this next election, the point, the objective, is to win the Presidency.

Please leave the bashing-of-the-GOP-candidate/s to the Left.

Lourdes on January 18, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Midas on January 18, 2011 at 11:05 AM

I agree, it’s a shaky phrase. Sounds like a sobriety pledge, which, actually, in terms of our nation’s situation at present, makes sense for a new President beginning Jan. 2013, but as to campaign slogan, it’s shaky, too conceptual for many to *get* unfortunately.

The “stand” reference is great, though, just not in this permutation (“Courage to Stand”).

Lourdes on January 18, 2011 at 11:51 AM

“Therefore put on the full armor of God
so that when the day of evil comes,
you may be able to stand your ground,
and after you have done everything, to stand.
Stand firm then with the belt of truth…”

Ephesians 6:13-14

Lourdes on January 18, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Please leave the bashing-of-the-GOP-candidate/s to the Left.

Lourdes on January 18, 2011 at 11:49 AM

So you aren’t going to bash any GOP candidate that could range from Mike Huckabee, to Mitt Romney, to Sarah Palin, to Ron Paul?

MeatHeadinCA on January 18, 2011 at 12:15 PM

I think he should show how tough he is by putting on a helmet and sitting in a tank.

BDavis on January 18, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Please leave the bashing-of-the-GOP-candidate/s to the Left.

Lourdes on January 18, 2011 at 11:49 AM

MeatHeadinCA on January 18, 2011 at 12:15 PM

No, I”m not planning on bashing any GOP candidates. My method involves — once someone is a nominee from the GOP — under current national environment, to support them.

I tried to put this to work in last election after opposing McCain’s nomination. Once nominated, he got my support.

MY POINT IS that the objective is key. Bashing nominees and candidates before nomination only creates a weakened voter base among the GOP and I greatly dislike it.

It’s possible to SUPPORT a candidate and not destroy the others. I quite sincerely loathe those people among the GOP who act much as the Left does and who destroy whoever they deem is competition. Can’t stand it. Look what all that did for McCain, by the way.

Lourdes on January 18, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I think the graphic Ed chose for this post accidentally cuts off the title of Gov. Pawlenty’s new book. The full title is Courage to Stand Down.

steebo77 on January 18, 2011 at 12:57 PM

I can agree with that, though I’m surprised you’d come to a place like Hot Air if you didn’t like bashing of Republicans.

Lourdes on January 18, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Who are these people among the GOP that did this? Any prominent names? Any particular examples of people you loathe?

MeatHeadinCA on January 18, 2011 at 12:57 PM

steebo77 on January 18, 2011 at 12:57 PM

You are way off base with that smear pal. The full title is
Courage to Stand Around.

\

Geochelone on January 18, 2011 at 1:17 PM

another lawyer, just what the country needs.

NORUK on January 18, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Recalls the Hugh Hewitt-Mitt Romney bromance.

rrpjr on January 18, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Ed, Pawlenty is never going to be POTUS, he’s never gonna be VPOTUS, he’s just another useless squish.

I’m sure he’s a nice man, good father, blah, blah, blah.

However, he’s NOT presidential material. He’s not a leader, he’s not a Conservative.

gary4205 on January 18, 2011 at 1:40 PM

steebo77 on January 18, 2011 at 12:57 PM

You are way off base with that smear pal. The full title is
Courage to Stand Around.

\

Geochelone on January 18, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Courage to Bland?

steebo77 on January 18, 2011 at 1:49 PM

I’m sure he’s a nice man, good father, blah, blah, blah.

gary4205 on January 18, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Something tells me that you’re going to be a very cranky boy when Palin doesn’t win the nomination.

You-Eh-Vee on January 18, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Something tells me that you’re going to be a very cranky boy when if Palin doesn’t win the nomination.

You-Eh-Vee on January 18, 2011 at 2:41 PM