Gingrich: Palin should “be more careful and think through what she’s saying”

posted at 5:45 pm on January 18, 2011 by Allahpundit

I’ll take “Advice Newt Gingrich Really Isn’t Qualified To Give” for $1,000, Alex. In fairness to him, he’s careful to qualify this with praise about how “formidable” she is, and the polls since last week do suggest that she’s paid a price from days’ worth of smears and the “blood libel” controversy. Gallup has her favorable rating down to 38 percent, the lowest since she became a national figure two years ago, which isn’t surprising given the mind-boggling spread of disinformation about her non-role in the shootings. Choosing one’s words carefully is indeed a good thing, but you know what’s an even better thing? Not having people like Clarence “Supercop” Dupnik and his media enablers hint-hinting at viewers who are only half paying attention to the story that you might have kinda sorta beamed a “kill” order into Jared Loughner’s brain.

Incidentally, is there a subtle political angle to Newt’s criticism here? I don’t mean trying to score a point on a potential presidential rival — that’s a given — but rather Gingrich trying to position himself within the field more broadly. I remember writing in one of my endless boring 2012 posts a few weeks ago that if the “true conservative” side of the primaries gets saturated with people like Palin, Huckabee, and Pence, Newt might decide that he’ll have better luck recasting himself as the old pro who knows what it’s like to supervise a caucus and get things done in D.C., etc. That would threaten Romney, Daniels, et al. on the “managerial” side of the primaries. There’s an element of that here, offering Palin (who’s only spent two years in national politics) a little hard-learned wisdom from a seasoned vet. Even though this particular seasoned vet often seems to have unlearned this particular bit of wisdom.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

Its total passive/aggressive behavior, a pattern that has played itself out Ad nauseam. Much like a squid that sprays ink and then darts away letting the insult linger.

Geochelone on January 18, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Well, he griped about no civil discourse and I tried. Unfortunately on Sarah threads, I believe you are 100% correct.

bluemarlin on January 18, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Gingrich: Palin should “be more careful and think through what she’s saying”

Who’s that Global Warming coming for you, draft dodger Newt?

Luka on January 18, 2011 at 10:03 PM

How’s that Global Warming coming for you, draft dodger chickenhawk Newt?

Luka on January 18, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Just saw the tail-end of Hannity’s interview with Newt tonight and he made much more sense. Very upset with the media pushing lies about Laugher and the Tea Party. So, why did he have to go and say that SP should be more “careful” when he’s upset about the lies? Saying anything like “careful” is just feeding it and he should know better of all people.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 18, 2011 at 10:05 PM

If anyone here knows newt give him a call and let him know that the surest way to derail his presidential aspirations is to start attacking Palin. He goes around knocking Palin he won’t have to worry about her running, he’ll get crushed in the primaries. The next presidential candidate for the republicans is going to be Palin or someone she supports. Period. Take it to the bank.

peacenprosperity on January 18, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Was Newt looking at his reflection in the camera when he said that?…

Did Newt say anything in defense of Palin or of conservatives or of the TEA Party last week when the left was sliming all the above with their hatred?

Yes? Good.

No? Why the heck not?

Gohawgs on January 18, 2011 at 10:15 PM

These petty challengers, with no skin in the game, play the gambit of the unnamed candidate to get the upper hand by going on attack WITHOUT HAVING TO DEFEND THEIR CANDIDATE.

Geochelone on January 18, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Exactly I ve been skipping over Jetboy posts because of this… I don;t know why it’s so important to bring him on board when he only engages ti thrive on the attention he gets from opposing Palin. He is lazy and never responds with the same intelligent reasoning that some sincere posters here do. I wouldn’t waste my time with him.

CCRWM on January 18, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Let me just say, “Shut up Newt.”

/thank-you

AZfederalist on January 18, 2011 at 10:21 PM

gryphon202 on January 18, 2011 at 9:57 PM

See. Now this is exactly the kind of jackass reaction I was explicitly trying to avoid. I wasn’t being critical of Palin in anyway. Just expressing my personal opinion/guesstimate. What happens? Static from fanatics. Some people just want to be offended. Get some professional help gryphon.

JimP on January 18, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Oh, come on, Newt. Even Kirsten Powers got it.

AshleyTKing on January 18, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Gohawgs on January 18, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Right. The indifference (or is it timidity) of so-called conservative “leaders” in the face of the rising toxic sludge of Leftism is staggering. We can’t give these people any slack anymore. We can’t forgive or overlook. The stakes are too high, the enemy too relentless. Their silence is not just an indictment but a condemnation.

rrpjr on January 18, 2011 at 10:24 PM

JimP on January 18, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Not offended in the least. I think you’re overreacting to my reaction. I have stated many times, calmly, cooly, and collectedly, I don’t base my votes on political gamesmanship.

My thoughts on wasted votes and deserving 4 more years of Obama weren’t directed at you personally. I’m just saying, if political gamesmanship does keep Palin out of the race (and it very well could, don’t get me wrong), then we do deserve four more years of Obama.

I’m sorry if I came across differently than I meant to, Jim. You’re just an unfamiliar face here; I figured you probably hadn’t read what I’ve written on the matter before. I try mighty hard to keep things from getting personal around here — especially when Sarah Palin and/or her family are the topic.

gryphon202 on January 18, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Slightly O/T…

From the Ulsterman interviewing his anonymous D.C. Democrat operative…..

Question: How do you feel about the attacks against Sarah Palin following the Tucson shooting?

Insider: Palin? I don’t really care one way or the other. I read your defense of her. Not bad, but frankly, Palin is no longer the threat she was to the party not so long ago. I have heard first hand there is no way she gets the nomination. As in NO WAY. Understand? I still find her appeal a fascinating thing to watch unfold, but she will not be a factor beyond some version of a conservative political cheer leader IMO. Unless, and I will throw you a bit of a bone here, UNLESS something comes out on the birther stuff. Yeah, I’m bringing it up myself here. Something is out there but nobody wants to touch it. The topic is coming up amongst us more than it ever has. I’m talking people who mocked it, dismissed it before, who are now quietly saying something is stirring out there on this subject and it’s got the WH very concerned. Big time worried. There are discussion in the WH about the issue. And I think some of the Republican leadership has a whiff of it but all indications appear to be they want nothing to do with it. It’s being buried deep. For now. Barring something on that subject coming to light, I don’t see Sarah Palin playing a significant role as a candidate in 2012. Here is something that you will never hear from the media but that some witnessed shortly after the memorial service had finished. Behind the staging area, Obama gave Michelle a “high five” and shared a laugh with her. So within minutes of seeing what is Obama’s finest moment as president it is followed by one of his worst. It is this easy and always there contradiction in the president that concerns me very very much. He was just thrilled at his performance. That was priority #1 for him. It always is. The motivation for his speech was not to heal following the tragedy, but to further appeal to the public and get their approval of him. It’s similar to that story I told you about Obama coming into the military meeting at the WH. He came in laughing and left early laughing. Maybe a photo of the high five will be released? I was told one was taken at any rate. I cannot reconcile with that kind of behavior in a leader. There really is something missing in him. Some basic element of humanity. Or humility??? Even by DC political standards the human element in Obama seems to be utterly absent. I don’t get it. I don’t understand it. And that scares the hell out of me.

tigerlily on January 18, 2011 at 10:26 PM

rrpjr on January 18, 2011 at 10:24 PM

When danger reared it’s ugly head
They turned their tails and fled
They turned about
And gallantly they chickened out

Luka on January 18, 2011 at 10:31 PM

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 18, 2011 at 10:05 PM

It’s simple really. He like PAwlenty are following a simple strategy. Go on a lefty network and bash Palin. Go on a righty network and praise Palin. Either way get more people to like them and increase their standing in the polls. Fool both mods and cons. THat’s what they are doing.

promachus on January 18, 2011 at 10:34 PM

promachus on January 18, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Does anybody give a flying f**k what these pols stand for anymore?

gryphon202 on January 18, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Exactly who do you talk to to get “first-hand” knowledge of how an election will turn out?

alwaysfiredup on January 18, 2011 at 10:35 PM

alwaysfiredup on January 18, 2011 at 10:35 PM

And how is it that first-hand knowledge of a Republican nomination process comes from a Democratic operative? This doesn’t pass the smell test.

gryphon202 on January 18, 2011 at 10:36 PM

alwaysfiredup on January 18, 2011 at 10:35 PM

The only certified psychic I know is Miss Cleo. :)

My take, until further notice, is that these polls are about as rigged as the reporting that occurs right in front of our faces. Imagine what goes on behind the scenes with number juggling.

Geochelone on January 18, 2011 at 10:39 PM

gryphon202 on January 18, 2011 at 10:36 PM

I actually have no doubt that there is some mechanism controlled by party elders whereby they can freeze out a popular candidate. (Not saying Palin is one.) I’d just like to know who they are.

alwaysfiredup on January 18, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Newt is one of the biggest RINOs on the planet. Why do we really give a crap about what he has to say?

flytier on January 18, 2011 at 10:50 PM

alwaysfiredup on January 18, 2011 at 10:35 PM

A member of your friendly, globalist-multi-billionaire-new world-order-cabal will do. These are the psychos that put obama in the WH and pull the strings on barry the puppet- boy, as well as the beta gop ruling class establishment.

They know that SP is the only person who, if elected, can and will revive America. That cannot happen because if it does, good-bye collapsing the USA. Good-bye global government. Good-bye ruling the world and controlling trillions. They are THISCLOSE. They have NO regard for human life and no one is going to get in their way. After watching the gop establishment leave SP out to twist in the wind, and this was just a warm-up, they will ratchet up their methods as necessary, is there any more reason to doubt this scenario and who and what SP is really up against?

tigerlily on January 18, 2011 at 10:50 PM

gryphon202 on January 18, 2011 at 10:36 PM

My guess is, if there’s any truth to this Insider… is that he has talked to bigwigs in the GOP and they’ve made it clear that Palin is not approved by the establishment and will not be given any cover from attacks nor any support beyond standard lip service.

We knew that already though.

powerpro on January 18, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Anyway, I don’t see what’s wrong with posting primarily in the topics that interest me. It’s a free country.

crr6 on January 18, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Well, I’d understand why the topics concerning the depths to which the Dems have sunk wouldn’t “interest” you. Hell, it might cause you to actually question some of your beliefs. The horror!

And yes, once in every ten posts on legal topics you engage in civil, informed discourse, when you’re not spewing out unfunny one liners like “count it” and “HTH.” What do you want, a cookie?

Good Solid B-Plus on January 18, 2011 at 10:51 PM

We knew that already though.

powerpro on January 18, 2011 at 10:50 PM

So? I hope the electorate is more intelligent than to fall for that scam…although I must confess, I’m not terribly optimistic.

gryphon202 on January 18, 2011 at 10:52 PM

[Comment deleted, user banned -- Ed]

Luka on January 18, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Dr. Laura’s thoughts on Palin.

Dr. Laura: Sarah Palin Is Criticized Because “She Has Balls”

chief on January 18, 2011 at 10:59 PM

tigerlily on January 18, 2011 at 10:50 PM

There is more than enough evidence. Gang tackling paints a most vivid picture.

Geochelone on January 18, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Neither obama, the Democrats, or the gop are the top level of political reality or decision makers in this nation. Everyone knows why obama has a Blackberry. Actual elected representatives have been compromised in authority and decision making in progressively nation-crippling ways, probably since the time of Woodrow Wilson and certainly since FDR.

People like George Soros, and others who have more money than he, and like him, lust for the collapse of the USA so they can play out their “I’m god” fantasies and control the world economy and population, are the ones that control both parties, save for a few individuals that may not go along specifically, but are stuck nonetheless in this matrix not of their own making, which at this point is set in corrupt stone.

Sarah Palin is neither owned nor wishes to be owned by these global gangsters. They wouldn’t care about that if she also weren’t a phenomenal leader and force that has unified multi-millions of the middle class, the middle class that through sheer numbers must be controlled or destroyed, because the middle class, if properly harnessed (they know Sarah is the one to do that) can and will kill the New World Order, while Sarah Palin shatters the matrix on her way to restoring the Constitutional Republic. These globalist monsters, the most powerful, ruthless and dangerous on the planet, are the ones trying to stop Palin in her tracks. Think about that for a minute and see where it takes you.

tigerlily on January 18, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Did any one see Jon Stewart Tonight?

Palin Attack…..LOL

She just keeps getting Stronger!

idesign on January 18, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Just curious, do you see the irony in you (a conservative poster on a conservative website) urging me (a liberal poster on a conservative website) to read adverse points of view in order to “question my beliefs?” FWIW I read most of the posts on here, even though I don’t comment on every single one.

HTH is NOT unfunny.

What do you want, a cookie?

Good Solid B-Plus on January 18, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I don’t really care, I just think it’s weird you said I “troll” legal topics. I’m one of 5 or 6 posters who doesn’t troll legal topics.

crr6 on January 18, 2011 at 11:21 PM

There is more than enough evidence. Gang tackling paints a most vivid picture.

Geochelone on January 18, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Global gangsta bankstas. Barry is just a lil’ ole bagman, delivering to his masters the stolen U.S. trillions in foreign and domestic bank “bailouts”, not to mention that trillion in stimulus that can’t be accounted for. Nice little racket there, it’d be a shame if someone like Sarah shut it down….they’re working on making sure that won’t happen. God bless her and keep her and may His strength bring her and all of us to victory.

tigerlily on January 18, 2011 at 11:24 PM

See Newt this is how you do it:

RUSH: I still say… I don’t care what you think about this woman. I don’t care what you think about her parking lot possibilities, qualifications, or any of that. But I just have to tell you, I don’t know of anybody in the political arena who has been more impugned, libeled, slandered, ripped, mischaracterized. It has been vicious, personally vicious and merciless, and she appears untainted by it. In fact, she has risen above it. And as you know, our party is filled with people who just cave at the first sign of this. And they try to make peace with the critics. “Oh, no, no, no! Don’t think of me that way. I’m nice!” She has not done that at all. So whatever else you think of Sarah Palin, folks, you have to marvel at how she has dealt with this and risen above it, not become bitter by it — and it just continues, and it increases in its intensity. (interruption)

What, Snerdley? (interruption) Snerdley asked me if I could appreciate it more than most because I know what she’s going through. I’ve got a microphone if I want to address it every day. She, up until she’s decided to go to Facebook, didn’t. But I don’t want to get into a comparison of it because I think the left is always gonna criticize those or try to destroy those who think are their biggest enemies, the biggest threats. I don’t know. It could be a tough thing to deal with, particularly getting audience different than getting votes. That’s why people ask me, “Are you gonna run for office?” I always use the pay cut line, but getting votes is a whole lot different than getting an audience.

In radio it doesn’t matter how many people hate you. Politics you can’t win with people hating you. You just can’t and so it’s an entirely different mind-set that you have to have in dealing with this kind of criticism when you’re in politics — and the moment, the moment you act affected by it and the moment you respond to it they just pounce on you as not having character, not having the steel spine, not having the ability to deal with it. That’s where she has totally befuddled them. She’s gotten stronger throughout all this.

unseen on January 18, 2011 at 11:27 PM

HTH is NOT unfunny.

Especially considering the likelihood that someone will ask “what does HTH mean?”, thereby providing me with an opportunity to say “HTH” again after I explain it to them.

crr6 on January 18, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Wait…. What exactly did she say? Blood Libel? The Left said she had blood on her hands because she put crosshairs on a map and a non-political, bush-hating, global warming believing, lunatic starts shooting a group of people. Hmmm… sound like she used the right term.

jeffn21 on January 19, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Sorry, hubby’s birthday and I had to leave earlier. One last post for my little girlfriend, crr666.

He was responding to a post on favorability, and he didn’t specify. It’s reasonable to assume he was also referring to favorability, unless he indicated otherwise.

Yeah you assumed incorrectly. What happened, honey, is that you blew it when you assumed that the 41% figure referred to favorability. Then you claimed that Obama’s favorability rating had never been lower than Palin’s. Several people produced approval ratings and you kept restating that they were approval, not favorability. You said nothing about wanting current figures, then.
Then, when evidence was produced that Obama’s favorability rating had been as low as 40%, all of a sudden it mattered whether that figure was current.

You are ever shifting the terms of the debate, when it’s becoming clear that you’ve lost. When you get caught, then you feign ignorance, or mischaracterize what others have said. You think you’re clever, but everyone sees through your ruse, every time.

We will meet again, girlfriend. Count on it.

You claimed that Obama’s

JannyMae on January 19, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Yeah you assumed incorrectly.

Who’s to say? You? Bishop claims I assumed incorrectly, but he has an obvious incentive to lie. And even if he did mean approval rating, it’s not my job to ascertain his secret intent when the context suggests he meant favorabilities. As I said, if he wanted to change the metric to approval ratings, he should have said so.

(Sigh) All of this is incorrect, of course. I’ve covered the reasons why in previous posts.

Eh…I obviously disagree with all of this, as would any fair-minded person. But I think it’s worth pointing out that since I’m a liberal and I say things which go against the “party-line” here, I inevitably end up debating anywhere from 2-10 posters at once in a given thread. Given that, it’s unsurprising that people like you believe I “move the goalposts” or “shift the terms of the debate” since I’m often engaged in numerous closely-related debates with several different people within the same thread.

We will meet again, girlfriend. Count on it.

Probably, but frankly you’re a pretty boring poster to debate with. Like a couple of others here (massrighty?), you’re stubborn and you have a tendency to get bogged down in minutiae, so I end up debating relatively pointless sub-points with you endlessly. If you plan on continuing to debate that way, you’ll probably end up getting ignored. Just a heads up.

Anyway, Happy B-day to your hubby. Enjoy your night.

crr6 on January 19, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Maybe Newt should slow down and think before he votes for rinos like Scatsafava. Sarah Palin does not need the I’ll of Newt giving her advice.

And, yes, I know I spelled the rino’s name incorrectly, but I just don’t seem to care.

texanpride on January 19, 2011 at 1:14 AM

That would be ilk-dang this autofill.

texanpride on January 19, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Don’t go away jealous… Newtie. Just go away.

viking01 on January 19, 2011 at 5:21 AM

Well, considering I read the WaPo, NYT, Salon, Slate, DailyKos, HuffPo, and DU (Kos and DU sometimes need to be shuffled out of my rotation when I feel particularly queasy), I’d say I get a decent spectrum of “non-conservative views.” Sometimes I even debate them without using acronyms or pithy one liners!

Plus, even on HotAir, Allah links to tons of liberal blogs/commentators. Usually it’s to mock them or score some points against Palin, but hey, they still get linked.

Also, if you truly “read most of the posts here,” you’d know that HA isn’t some cushy echo chamber where conservatives can come for that sweet nectar of epistemic closure. If you haven’t noticed, there’s some pretty big food fights even without you, PR and the rest of the troll brigade chiming in. Ever see a thread that contains some combo of right4life, JetBoy, MadCon and Jenfidel? It gets ugly, son.

HTH is NOT unfunny.

No, it’s pretty strikingly unfunny. But hey, I’m sure they love it on 4Chan. Oh, those wacky kids and their acronyms!11

Oh, wait, you’ll pretend to not know what 4chan is, because even though you’re on the internet 24/7 you claim to never know about any internet memes. So, here ya go:

See, lmgtfy actually is funny. Well, at least it was, but it’s probably a bit worn out now. I’m going to stop using it because it’s stale, whereas you and “HTH” are sort of like Gallagher and his watermelon.

What do you want, a cookie?

Good Solid B-Plus on January 18, 2011 at 10:51 PM

crr6 on January 18, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Sure, about half the time you actually try and debate. The other half is pure bridge-fodder, though.

Good Solid B-Plus on January 19, 2011 at 5:23 AM

Anyway, Happy B-day to your hubby. Enjoy your night.

crr6 on January 19, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Wait, wait, wait….a law student is complaining about people being stubborn, bogged down in minutiae, and caught up in relatively pointless sub-points?

In the words of AP…Dude.

Good Solid B-Plus on January 19, 2011 at 5:26 AM

Before I nod off, crr, I found something that you should totally use as your next joke:

Enjoy!

Good Solid B-Plus on January 19, 2011 at 5:31 AM

Honestly, most on the GOP side, not just Newt, have behaved so shamefully over the past two weeks that I can’t really support them anymore. Sarah really does seem to be the only right-of-center potential candidate with a pair. If the election were held tomorrow and Sarah wasn’t running, I’d likely stay home.

Because what is the point of voting if you’re only going to get the same kind of people who either put this country in the mess it’s in now, or will say nothing and do nothing about it once they’re in office, and in any case refuse to call the media on even really, really obvious nonsense like the “blood libel” against conservatives?

Aitch748 on January 19, 2011 at 7:07 AM

I used to like Newt.
Now that he shows himself to be a gutless self serving coward in the face of the Lib Smear machine, he’s no better than they are.
Bite me, Newtus.

VelvetElvis on January 19, 2011 at 7:58 AM

I don’t think the GOPers like their voters much. I agree with you.

AnninCA on January 19, 2011 at 8:05 AM

I think Newt should be careful about who he sticks his pee pee into.
I also think Newt should be more careful in how he forms his opinion in relation to AGW.
I think Newt should simply just- GO AWAY.

Badger40 on January 19, 2011 at 8:45 AM

This is just more passive-aggressive PDS from the party that brings conservatives electoral disaster at least once/decade.

Chris “Extra” Crispy–If Sarah wants to be successful like me, she will be more off the cuff and less scripted.

Newtered “Dede” Gingrich—-If Sarah wants to be successful like me, she will be more careful and less off the cuff.

Jonah Goldberg and pseudo-intellectual pundits—-If Sarah wants to be successful like me, she will spend more time in think tanks, and hit the books.

I no longer read or listen to anything that begins “Sarah Palin needs to….” And hopefully, neither does she.

james23 on January 19, 2011 at 8:46 AM

The GOP Ruling RINO Class may actually be a bigger threat than the Progressives in the DEM Party.

PappyD61 on January 19, 2011 at 8:53 AM

that’s where I am. The sooner that sorry pack of thieves is removed, the better for conservatives. If Palin chooses not to run, or runs and fails to gain the nomination, I’ll be voting a different party.

james23 on January 19, 2011 at 8:55 AM

Gee, with all this free advice coming from left and right, Sarah won’t have to pay a consultant.

Kissmygrits on January 19, 2011 at 9:04 AM

What’s the latest book called? Don’t answer that. Don’t really care. It’s the only time you’ll see ol’ Newt hitting the circuit. The guy sees talk radio and primetime FOX as premium pitching ground for the latest installment of the Newt Chronicles.

RepubChica on January 19, 2011 at 9:09 AM

tigerlily on January 18, 2011 at 10:26 PM

I’m telling you, if Sarah Palin goes after this, I’d ENTHUSIASTICALLY support her. If the GOP knows something but is too afraid to touch it, and Sarah isn’t… I’ll become a Palinista ;)

Something’s up, thanks to EmperorNorton earlier for the WND link, the HI Gov. “can’t find” the long-form, hospital-generated BC.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 19, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Quote from Ulsterman

I cannot reconcile with that kind of behavior in a leader.

But, but, Ed and the Fox News All-Stars said that Obama was a “leader” after that speech, they can’t all be wrong, can they?! /////

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 19, 2011 at 9:21 AM

I understand Gingrich is stepping up the criticism today. He’s not simply obtuse or fatheaded but an exemplar of how corrupted and terrified of Palin the GOP has become. Palin is a clear and present danger, the most formidable threat to their way of life in their history. This is war.

rrpjr on January 19, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Hey Newt…Are you serious. Sarah is perfect! And as far as “be more careful and think through what she’s saying”… you gotta be the only person on the face of the Earth that don’t realize that no matter what Palin says… those loons in the media will find or flat out invent fault with it. As a matter of fact, if the MSNBC/CBS/PNR types were agree’n with Palin, then you would know they had gotten to her and she has sold out.

roflmao

donabernathy on January 19, 2011 at 10:01 AM

PappyD61 on January 19, 2011 at 8:53 AM

You’d think we would have learned that during the last election cycle. At least the Dems openly disagree/hate with us. The GOP RINOs pretend to be interested in conservative issues/concerns UNTIL they get elected – then it’s back to their usual disdain.

katiejane on January 19, 2011 at 10:06 AM

I’m wasting my vote on the Libertarian candidate. He stands for what I believe in. Both parties are BS………..

adamsmith on January 19, 2011 at 10:09 AM

adamsmith on January 19, 2011 at 10:09 AM

That’s exactly what Obama would like you to do … seriously.

darwin on January 19, 2011 at 10:14 AM

You’re right Darwin. I’m prolly talking out of my ass with how frustrated I am with how many Progressives are Republicans as well as the Commie Dems. I see Statists all around me and individual freedom dying at an alarming rate. I will in all likelihood vote anti-communist again….

adamsmith on January 19, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Newt or any other sonofabitch that tries to get the nomination by trashing SP will not get my vote in the general. Beat her on the issues. Trash her personally and I stay home.

SurferDoc on January 19, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Newt or any other squish that tries to get the nomination by trashing SP will not get my vote in the general. Beat her on the issues. Trash her personally and I stay home.

SurferDoc on January 19, 2011 at 10:35 AM

adamsmith on January 19, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Don’t feel you’re alone. I feel the same way sometimes, but I think with the Tea Party and more and more people waking up we stand a good chance of reversing. Won’t be easy, and it won’t be painless.

There’s going to have to be a hell of a lot of charity in the next few years.

darwin on January 19, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Newt is a fine example of “establishment Republican” elites trying to tell conservative Republicans that they know better how to win campaigns, but not how to do what is best for America or how to tell the Truth.

Sort of like elections in Iran. Unless the mullahs approve your candidacy, you can’t get on the ballot. And if a conservative sneaks in by chance, the establishment mullahs steal the election (by helping the adversary or refusing to support the conservative with the establishment machine), or demonizes them, or allows the Basij (Dhimmicrats, unions, and media) to indict and intimidate them into submission, and voila’— you get another situation where only a “Green Revolution” ala the Iranian protests of last year can effect any change at all.

Violence becomes the only possible answer to Tyranny. Because speech is suppressed, and our “elites” tell us what is good for us…. at the end of a media propaganda piece written for the government by those on the cocktail circuit dole, at the hand of a union truncheon, and at the barrel of a Basij pistol.

Bonus all around!!!!111!!!!

Subsunk

Subsunk on January 19, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I am going to vote for Palin, but honestly, it’s only because I am voting AGAINST stoning people unfairly.

I do not have a lot of confidence in much of what’s she discussed about leading the country forward. She’s too general, too vague.

Sorry, but I can’t see all of us running out to club Halibut.

But I do think my priority is ending the liberal clubbing of conservatives.

So for that reason, she’ll get my vote.

Beyond that, I sure hope some GOP politicians emerge with something beyond the sheer chaos right now to forge some new plans for our economy.

This business of discussing politics on such a superficial level really isn’t working.

I agree with Obama and Bush on Tarp. I think that Obama really did do his best. I think, then, he tried to dress that up.

And his actions aren’t even relevant.

What is relevant? Voting in Congress.

I really do think we better deal with Freddie/Fannie, and that will probably take a real change in the Senate.

We need to focus on the senate, not the presidency.

AnninCA on January 19, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I would suggest we look at Germany. I think they have forged a successful policy.

And the rest of us need to get beyond thinking about Greece, etc.

It’s not useful.

AnninCA on January 19, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I simply think that Newt and the silence of Romney means that the GOP is really is disarray.

They aren’t the coming of the savior politically.

This was a party doomed to failure. Now, a bit of a rebirth.

But clearly, discombulated.

I think they are still a bit upset that the base hates them.

That’s the truth.

They just can’t figure out how to sound moderate and still actually represent the base.

They are way stuck.

AnninCA on January 19, 2011 at 10:58 AM

AnninCA on January 19, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I don’t understand people who want her to give specifics when she’s not declared.

And the rest of us need to get beyond thinking about Greece, etc.

It’s not useful.

AnninCA on January 19, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Really? Ignore what’s coming here? It’s best to be prepared.

darwin on January 19, 2011 at 11:00 AM

AnninCA on January 19, 2011 at 10:58 AM

What are you babbling about? This thread is about Palin and Newt’s comments regarding her.

ladyingray on January 19, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Media whores who call themselves Conservative are like the PR spokesmen for the Islamists. They say one thing to the Western press, then say something different to the Islamic press.

Gringrich goes on a lefty network…Palin bad…goes on right network, Palin good.

Hey Newt, hows that comfy couch you sat on with Pelosi?

Bleed_thelizard on January 19, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Thank you, girly man.

Now you and Karl Rove can go back to your knitting.

molonlabe28 on January 19, 2011 at 12:20 PM

He is just going to have to accept that this isn’t the good old boys club anymore. I lost a lot of respect for him when he did that photo op with Pelosi. I think that he is a very intelligent man but he really needs to put his ego aside and make room for the new blood. It is time for him to either get out of the way or support the new conservatives that are emerging.

ReneePA on January 19, 2011 at 1:49 PM

I want to hear Newtie say: “Anthropogenic Global Warming!” three times fast with a grape on his tongue.

That’s about all he’s good for.

profitsbeard on January 19, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Just a reminder to everyone, Newt did help take congress from Clinton and passed some excellent legislation during that time.

That said, though I support another candidate, (not Newt or Palin) I am very angry at these attacks on Palin and she has been treated unfairly.

Last note: Allahpundit, Huckabee does not belong in the “true conservative” category. Please update your memory on that. He is a fiscal liberal.

scotash on January 19, 2011 at 1:59 PM

tigerlily on January 18, 2011 at 10:26 PM

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 19, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Now you’re cookin’! And, consider that she has attacked obama and his destructive policies time after time.

These past dozen days or so, when all the other gop mopes have been hiding in the weeds, Sarah Palin came out and defended herself and all of us against the speech censorship/blood libel attempt that obama and flunkies tried foisting on all of us.

And don’t forget how Sarah nailed it during the ’08 campaign when she revealed that obama had spent years, “palling around with terrorists” because of his ayers connection. McCain, who was in it to lose, forbad her to repeat that. She also wanted to go to Michigan and take on the corrupt unions and Dem governor that destroyed the state and McCain and his masters said no.

Then, skimming over so much that she has stood up for, but just hitting a few highlights, we can move onto “death panels” and just recently she nailed obama again when she said he must want to “destroy the economy” by raising the the debt ceiling, explaining that obama himself said that it would “destroy the economy” when he was hypocritically pontificating on the raising of the debt ceiling during his Congressional stint.

And let’s not forget the endorsements and heavy lifting that put over 70% of her endorsees in office in November and created an historical TP tsunami. That was Sarah and the TP.

NOBODY pwns obama like Sarah does. And she does it when every other gop wannabe is hiding in fear.

So, Aslan’s Girl. Think of all this and consider backing her now, because she needs help. As you say, “if the gop knows something but is too afraid to touch it and Sarah isn’t ….” Well, your words very well describe the entire history of Palin’s courage and the gop cowardice in a nutshell, starting way back when, as she took on the gop/oil barons corruption in Alaska. She’s the one, alright. imho.

tigerlily on January 19, 2011 at 2:09 PM

rrpjr on January 19, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Oh yeah, it’s war; the nuclear kind.

And the establishment gop is siding with the Left.

Their mutual enemy is the TP (middle class) and Sarah Palin.
I write that as a singular enemy, because in my mind, and the Left has shown that in their mind, Sarah and the TP are ONE.

As ONE then, it would be justice to see Palin, backed by a multi-millions strong tsunami of Alinsky-feared middle class supporters, carrying her through the primaries without even a hint of support to the other cowardly gop “men” the establishment thinks they will pick for us to put up to lose to obama.

As beck says of the Left, and it goes for the gop too, WE SURROUND THEM. And these few hundred, at the levers of government, banking and media power, have declared war on we millions, who pay their bills and have allowed them to declare this war. It’s time to turn the tables.

tigerlily on January 19, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Gingrich needs to go away. We need warriors to fight the progressive oppressors, not cuddle up with them on the (Global Warming) couch.

Principles over Party

dominigan on January 19, 2011 at 2:56 PM

RINO…

Army Brat on January 19, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Sarah Palin DOES NOT need to think about what she says because she speaks the TRUTH, instinctively, without thinking, it’s just plain normal for her. These LIARS, on the other hand, have become so universal and so at ease with their lying it would be pathological on my part to tolerate them anymore. And if they stand next to a genuinely honest person, the light of truth is withering, like a magnifying glass of sunshine on an ant. Every time Sara speaks, you are quickly reminded why LIARS are the most worthless human beings who draw a breath. AND THAT my friends is the REAL reason they ALL hate her sooo (Newt & Rove included). They can’t possibly risk standing next to her.

Pole-Cat on January 19, 2011 at 9:24 PM

This from Gingrich? They guy who didn’t think things thru when he went toe to toe with Clinton over the govt. shutdown?

kens on January 20, 2011 at 5:26 PM