Video: “Scream 4″ trailer

posted at 9:05 pm on January 17, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Buzzsugar, I’m tempted to say that this concept is played out, but as a fan of zombie flicks I’m in no position. Besides, this … looks terrific, actually. It’s nothing new if you’ve seen any of the “Scream” movies, but that’s the point, of course. The whole franchise is a sustained goof on slasher-movie conventions, with this one looking especially “meta.”

As the designated hot blonde, there’s simply no way that Hayden Panettiere survives to the last reel. Exit question: They’re not really going to kill off Neve Campbell, are they?

Update: And no sooner do I hit “publish” than the clip is yanked off YouTube. Why they’re keeping it under wraps when people are jazzed to see it, I have no idea. I’m adding the official teaser trailer below so that you’ll have something to watch.

Comments

And I should care about this…why?

trapeze on January 17, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Been pulled. damn!

OldEnglish on January 17, 2011 at 9:09 PM

And I should care about this…why?

If you don’t care, don’t waste our bandwidth by saying so. Just skip the thread. Some people will enjoy watching it.

Allahpundit on January 17, 2011 at 9:09 PM

already taken down…

Aquateen Hungerforce on January 17, 2011 at 9:10 PM

The Scream series really brought back the Horror realm of film from the brink of B movie destruction.

I am thankful for it.

I look forward to Scream 4.

portlandon on January 17, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Added a new trailer.

Allahpundit on January 17, 2011 at 9:12 PM

I thought they tried this with the last Halloween movie…where everything was being filmed…

SouthernGent on January 17, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Allahpundit on January 17, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Indubitably! :)

OldEnglish on January 17, 2011 at 9:13 PM

OK, but didn’t they do this with one of the previous “Screams”? You know, the “filming a horror flick and having it actually happen” thing? Or was that a spoof I watched?

Aquateen Hungerforce on January 17, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Some people will enjoy watching it.

Indeed, people like me.

GamerPundit on January 17, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Uhm, uh, uhm …….Meghan McCain is going to be, like, talking to Rachel Maddow. Yep, uhm, like, I’m a masochist.

Marcus on January 17, 2011 at 9:17 PM

I’ll pay to see that.

OT (sorry Allah): Sarah Palin just said on Hannity “if the Left didn’t have double standards, they’d have no standards at all.” Didn’t that comment just show up this weekend on Hot Air? I swear she reads this site.

John the Libertarian on January 17, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Who cares? This guy, and all the other horror dorks just like him. Thanks AP.

elcapt on January 17, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Didn’t that comment just show up this weekend on Hot Air?

Hmmm. Maybe in one of Ed’s posts? Wasn’t mine.

Allahpundit on January 17, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Scream 4? Pffft.

Genuine Ken – The Search for America’s Next Great Boyfriend looks WAY better, AP.

lansing quaker on January 17, 2011 at 9:20 PM

And I should care about this…why?

trapeze on January 17, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Allahpundit on January 17, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Ha Ha Ha
Punked by the standard bearer of beta males!
Told you guys Allahpundit was gonna get tough after getting that new tattoo.

LincolntheHun on January 17, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Hmmm. Maybe in one of Ed’s posts? Wasn’t mine.

Allahpundit on January 17, 2011 at 9:20 PM

I believe it was in the reader’s comments on Friday or Saturday. It’s all a blur to me, though.

John the Libertarian on January 17, 2011 at 9:23 PM

I liked the first couple of movies, but am falling victim to sequelitis.

In that, no matter how good/clever/fun/whatever the sequel is, I have no interest in seeing it.

I’m thinking I’ll wait until it’s on DVD or TV simply so I don’t have to pay so much to see it.

mjk on January 17, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Not exactly off-topic (SCREAM):

OMG OMG OMG when Meghan Mac-n-cheese tries to sound serious she just flips overdrive into Valley Gurl. Oh, Allah, you would have loved Maddow tonight.
Nothing groundbreaking happened to warrant a thread here, she’s just so ridiculous.

Marcus on January 17, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Scream? Really?

IronDioPriest on January 17, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Sarah Palin, why are you hiding behind that mask?
/Daily Kossack

steebo77 on January 17, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Will be interesting to play guess the killer. Always like whodunits. Trying to look for clues and avoiding the ubiquitous red herrings that divert your attention. In the first one, the murderer was the guy who seemed the most obvious from the beginning. They wanted you to think “It can’t be him. He’s too obvious.” I guessed the wrong murderer in the other two movies.

For those of you who haven’t seen any of them: it was Col. Mustard in the library with the candlestick … Not!

pdigaudio on January 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM

I just want to know when season 2 of the Walking Dead comes out.

Now that all of the set-up and introductions are out of the way, I expect more action.

That, and the return of Rowdy Burns.

reaganaut on January 17, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Exit question: They’re not really going to kill off Neve Campbell, are they?

Eventually everyone gets killed off in a horror franchise. Frankly I’m amazed the 3 main characters survived the first three films.

As for Scream 4, I’m looking forward to it. I hated the 3rd one, but the first two were solid flicks. What concerns me is the rumors about Kevin Williamson’s script being rewritten by Ehren Kruger(the same hack who replaced Williamson for the dreadful Scream 3).

Doughboy on January 17, 2011 at 9:53 PM

So when does Hollywood start making PG and lower movies? You know, in the interests of civility and lessening a hostile environment.

ThePrez on January 17, 2011 at 9:55 PM

ThePrez on January 17, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Give me a break! I’ve got to have some outlet for my true self!

OldEnglish on January 17, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I’ve always loved SCREAM…Well, the original, at least. 2 and 3 were pretty bad if you ask me.

The original Scream, I saw in high school- went to the theatre 16 times to see it. Insanely, that is not hyperbole.

TheBlueSite on January 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM

I don’t know. At least 2 scenes in there could have been solved by someone with a concealed handgun. Slasher movies that are big on people wandering around like human cattle annoy me. Cannon up; buy a freaking taser..something.

NCIS had an episode in Season 7 where they were hunting a serial killer who filmed and broadcast his kills so this feels a bit..derivative.

Nice to see Neve Campbell again. Just asking the wife the other day if she’d quit the movie business..

Meh. I think I’ll go watch Enter the Dragon again.

austinnelly on January 17, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Its been what, 10 years since the last one? This one looks like it could be fun. I’m looking forward to it.

El_Terrible on January 18, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Is the killer Ricky Gervais?

BDU-33 on January 18, 2011 at 1:27 AM

Always liked these movies. Looking forward to it.

MrX on January 18, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Told you guys Allahpundit was gonna get tough after getting that new tattoo.

LincolntheHun on January 17, 2011 at 9:21 PM

I’d be more inclined to agree with you, were it not for the fact that said tattoo is a Hello Kitty tramp-stamp.

At least that’s what Meggie Mac just tweeted. Just sayin’…

Anyhoo, I’m going all in on the “Bold Prediction Scale” and putting all my chips on…

Sidney’s the killer in this one.

Thought of it just this past week, while watching Scream 3 on cable, actually, and I thought about it:

First flick: The guy who’s old man was bagging Sid’s mom and his demented buddy.

Second flick: Total unknown psycho fan-boy and the guy from the first flick’s mom working as a team.

Third flick: Previously unknown half brother of Sid who was then revealed to have orchestrated the murders in the original.

And then I thought about this new one coming up and thought: “Hey, wouldn’t it be awesome if Sid just goes completely off the rails and ends up being the killer in the grand finale? She’s THE ABSOLUTE LAST character anyone would suspect, PLUS, it’d be something nobody’s done before: hero/heroine of slasher franchise turns slasher themself!”

So, my money’s on Sid.

SuperCool on January 18, 2011 at 5:56 AM

And I should care about this…why?

Allahpundit on January 17, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Hmmm…. prickly.

trapeze on January 18, 2011 at 7:55 AM

Except that she’s the killer. Soooo…

Abby Adams on January 18, 2011 at 11:07 AM