Quotes of the day

posted at 9:00 pm on January 15, 2011 by Allahpundit

“3. New York Times columnist Paul Krugman was one of the first prominent pundits to jump on the blame-Palin bandwagon. ‘We don’t have proof yet that this was political, but the odds are that it was,’ blogged Krugman the afternoon of the shooting. ‘[Giffords has] been the target of violence before. And for those wondering why a Blue Dog Democrat, the kind Republicans might be able to work with, might be a target, the answer is that she’s a Democrat who survived what was otherwise a GOP sweep in Arizona, precisely because the Republicans nominated a Tea Party activist. (Her father says that ‘the whole Tea Party’ was her enemy.) And yes, she was on Sarah Palin’s infamous ‘crosshairs’ list.’

***
“So, what about political rhetoric? If Loughner had developed a psychotic condition, such rhetoric might have sounded more extreme to him than it really was, according to Jeffrey Swanson, a psychiatry professor at Duke University School of Medicine. ‘Take something you or I might find mildly threatening. For the person with impaired perception of reality, that can get exaggerated to the point of being incredibly threatening.’

“We also know that delusional patients in different cultures have different kinds of misperceptions of the world. One study, by the Tokyo Metropolitan College of Allied Medical Sciences, compared schizophrenic delusions among patients in Tokyo and Vienna and found that European patients tended toward fantasies about poisoning and odd religious ideas, while the Japanese had delusions that they were being ‘slandered,’ which the authors surmise ‘may derive from the group-oriented self in Japanese ‘shame culture.” Such studies suggest that the broader culture — which would include the political climate — could affect the content of a psychotic person’s delusions, including what or whom the person perceives as threats.

“But those who say right-wing rhetoric was the one factor tipping Loughner misunderstand the complex nature of psychosis. ‘No single variable explains violence in schizophrenia,’ write Swanson and eight colleagues in a 2006 paper published in the Archives of General Psychiatry. ‘Rather, violent behavior occurs within a social-ecological system involving a ‘whole person’ with a particular life history and state of health.’ In short, saying Sarah Palin or Glenn Beck caused Loughner’s actions is, to put it charitably, completely idiotic.”

***
“A new national study among 1,437 self-reported Democrats, Republicans and Independents revealed that Americans indicated that Sarah Palin was more sincere and believable after viewing her speech in response to the shootings in Tucson…

“Respondents were asked to rate Sarah Palin on a scale from 1-7 regarding likeability, believability and sincerity, with 1 representing “not at all strong in this attribute” and 7 representing “extremely strong in this attribute.”

“With the exception of likeability among Democrats, Palin’s attribute ratings increased among all parties after viewing her speech. The most notable increase was her sincerity ratings, which increased from 2.62 to 2.69 among Democrats, from 5.25 to 5.45 among Republicans and from 3.68 to 3.85 among Independents.”

***
“Beck visited O’Reilly for his weekly segment to talk gender bias in the political sphere, and whether Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann were subject to more vicious attacks. O’Reilly didn’t buy this argument, asking Beck if it were possible for the vitriol against him to be worse than it is now. Beck seemed to agree, modestly, that he was one of the more hated figures in political media, and gave up data on why: ‘I have 15 operating threats on me at any given time.’ Despite the violent threats, however, Beck continued to argue that ‘Americans are fair and decent, and they’re not looking for revenge or anything else,’ and encouraged public and private figures alike to take his new pledge to ‘renounce violence regardless of ideology,’ something he perceived as essential for the strength of the nation, especially in light of the recent violence.”

***
“Toward the end of the town hall meeting Saturday morning, one of the shooting victims, J. Eric Fuller, took exception to comments by two of the speakers: Ariz. state Rep. Terri Proud, a Dist. 26 Republican, and Tucson Tea Party spokesman Trent Humphries.

“According to sheriff’s deputies at the scene, Fuller took a photo of Humphries and said, ‘You’re Dead.’

“Deputies immediately escorted Fuller from the room.

“Pima County Sheriff’s spokesman Jason Ogan said later Saturday that Fuller has been charged with threats and intimidation and he also will be charged with disorderly conduct.”

***
Via Newsbusters. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

O’Reilly didn’t buy this argument,

You bet he didn’t. He’s an old-school sexist. You can spot it a mile away.

rrpjr on January 15, 2011 at 10:11 PM

CK did a very good job here..:)

Dire Straits on January 15, 2011 at 10:12 PM

I saw a Together We Thrive collective sign once. It was on a stick right next to an Ant Hill.

Luka on January 15, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Easier to pass blame than a kidney stone.

Kini on January 15, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Rev. Obama’s Revival Meeting

Luka on January 15, 2011 at 10:03 PM

great link and so true. I saw it too yet couls not put inot the words this writer does. she nailed it.

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:13 PM

WHERE ARE THE LEADERS OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY?

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Hiding as usual.

Luka on January 15, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Yup. When anyone tries to convince me we need someone other than Palin as our candidate, I’ll point to this episode. “Where was *fill in the blank* (Pence, Barbour, Jindal, T-Paw, etc.) when the media was attacking everything you stand for with blood libel during the Arizona shooting aftermath? Oh…under the table, you say? Now tell me again, why do you think they are a great leader?”

miConsevative on January 15, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I think this is what you’re looking for.

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 10:09 PM

thanks…this is why Pat stays in the limelight. when he is on he is on.

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:14 PM

And John MCCain in Washington Post swoons over the speech that The Won made.

bigmike on January 15, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Bringing in the sheep
Bringing in the sheep
Obama will be rejoicing
Bringing in the sheep

Luka on January 15, 2011 at 10:15 PM

I suspected Fuller was a full blown nut and now it’s proven.

jeanie on January 15, 2011 at 10:16 PM

WHERE ARE THE LEADERS OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY?

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 9:52 PM

the only one I know of is in washilla, AK

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:16 PM

And Together We Thrive T shirts on E Bay ,9 sold so far.

bigmike on January 15, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Luka on January 15, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Other than the obvious lame metaphor, isn’t this just another collectivist message?

Kini on January 15, 2011 at 10:18 PM

ED SCHULTZ, HOST: Welcome back to THE ED SHOW. The “Battleground” story tonight, I guess you could say, Sarah Palin is doubling down. She has no regrets, she’s not apologizing. And she’s not going to back down from what she said. Palin set off a firestorm of controversy this week releasing her now infamous video where she never apologized, played the victim, and outraged a lot of people by using the term, blood libel. Today, “The Daily Beast” reports that she signed on to be the keynote speaker on the program convention in Nevada after the shooting tragedy in Arizona.

A lot of folks aren’t going to like that but the righties are gunning up, I guess you could say. She’s also scheduled to do her first live interview with Sean Hannity on the republican FOX News Channel Monday night. She’s not backing down. I think we’ve got that, and she still has her sights set on 2012 and I think she’s had a pretty tough week but let’s see what these guys think.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/01/15/pat-buchanan-smacks-down-bill-press-you-ve-got-get-beyond-being-fring#ixzz1BAH5Dq4j

SO even Ed shultz who hears nothing and sees nothing and knows nothing understands that Palin acted like a leader this week.

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:19 PM

WHERE ARE THE LEADERS OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY?

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 9:52 PM
The Republican Party has no leadership and that is the ultimate problem with them.

I even notice that Gov. Palin called them ‘the other’ party in her F/B piece.

darwin-t on January 15, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I beg to differ. Sarah is the de facto leader of the Republican Party right now, whether the Beltway types want to follow or not. She may not end up the nominee, but she sure has heck is the leader.

txmomof6 on January 15, 2011 at 10:20 PM

And Together We Thrive T shirts on E Bay ,9 sold so far.
bigmike on January 15, 2011 at 10:17 PM

It’s all I could afford. Lighten up.

Bishop on January 15, 2011 at 10:21 PM

THE ED SHOW – The Exceptionally Deranged Show

Kini on January 15, 2011 at 10:21 PM

got a link?

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:01 PM

I think this is what you’re looking for.

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Everyone should read that one.

PRESS: But that’s the problem, Pat. She went on the attack. Thank you for saying that. That’s exactly what she did. That’s not what they.

BUCHANAN: Right.

PRESS: Wait a minute, let me finish, please. That’s not what the American people wanted to hear.

BUCHANAN: How do you know what the American people want?

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/01/15/pat-buchanan-smacks-down-bill-press-you-ve-got-get-beyond-being-fring#ixzz1BAHcadqv

the_nile on January 15, 2011 at 10:21 PM

miConsevative on January 15, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Brave Pence, Barbour, Jindal, T-Paw, etc. ran away
Bravely, ran away
When a challenge reared its head
They bravely turned their tails and fled
Yes, brave Pence, Barbour, Jindal, T-Paw, etc. all turned about
And gallantly they all chickened out
Bravely taking to their feet
They beat a very brave retreat
Bravest of the brave, Pence, Barbour, Jindal, T-Paw, etc.

Cheshire Cat on January 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM

The Huckster did an 8 minute monologue swooning over Barry’s speech on his TV show tonight. It was quite disgusting.

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Oh God. Just when I give him a little credit, he opens his mouth proves what a pandering Shill he is.

Barf.

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Sarah is the de facto leader of the Republican Party right now,

txmomof6 on January 15, 2011 at 10:20 PM

From your keyboard, to God’s screen.

Kini on January 15, 2011 at 10:23 PM

I can barely remember Barry gave a speech, much less what he actually said.

SouthernGent on January 15, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I remember a speech he gave on one of “Cousin Eddies Endless Vacations”
I don’t remember the words but I remember it was in Copenhagen and was about as impressive and effective as his Campaign rally at the Slaughter of Innocents Memorial Service.

In fact it so impressed the Chi-town mob that they sent William Daley to DC to keep an eye on their boy!

dhunter on January 15, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Hey Portlandon, I think leaving out”REPUBLICAN”, might have been left out on purpose to make the video alittle more effective, just my opinion.

bigmike on January 15, 2011 at 10:07 PM

It’s a good opinion. It might have been more effective by leaving out the word “Republican”.

It just sounded Odd when I heard it. Maybe Palin didn’t want her statement to seen as a “Republican Response”, just a Palin & Tea Party response.

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Trent Humphries, the Pima County tea party leader, stood up to speak during the event. He was being very respectful. Trent told the audience that before we start placing blame on individuals we need to get all the facts. Trent then told everyone that one of those killed during the shooting was his neighbor and that he was affected like everyone else by the tragedy… While Trent was speaking- And it was planned that he would speak- One member in the audience and reportedly one of the victims of the tragedy started screaming, “Trent Humphries you’re dead!” The police immediately escorted him out. On his way out he screamed, “You’re all whores.”

The ABC producer said he was not sure if they will show incident tomorrow, or not.

I’d be absolutely shocked if ABC actually airs this guy making his threat on their broadcast tomorrow. They’ll almost assuredly bury this because it contradicts their entire previous week’s worth of biased coverage about right-wing violence. We’ll see.

JohnInCA on January 15, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Don’t know if any of you watched “Fox News Watch” today, if not it gets repeated at 10:30 central, tonight. They really let loose on the blame game, except for Lynn Sweet/Chicago Suntimes/Obama worshipper.

Here’s a link to the shoot out
Fox News Watch: Jonathan Alter, Paul Krugman and Markos Moulitsas ‘Villains’ for Terrible Tucson Reporting

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 10:27 PM

And Together We Thrive T shirts on E Bay ,9 sold so far.

bigmike on January 15, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I just got mine for $22.90 + S/H
I will have it on the next time I go through airport security.

Electrongod on January 15, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Portland, yup that’s what I meant. One good thing, THEY ALWAYS UNDERESTIMATE Palin.

bigmike on January 15, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Let me ask this question the posters.

does anyone think gov Palin did not act like a leader this week?

I if you think she did act like a leader. did you think she acted like the only Leader of the GOP this week?

and finally did Obama appear to be the leader of the nation or of the democratic party this week?

and my comment is that I wonder if anyone else noticed that the press elevated gov Palin to the same level as the sitting president of the USA this week by stupidly comparing their speeches. 9which I think Palin’s was better) But just by that elevation the press placed Palin ON THE SAME LEVEL AS A SITTING PRESIDENT OF THE USA. Which to me is amazing on its face but given that she is a hockey mom from AK with no title it is even more amazing…

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Barf.

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Like I said before, everyone is kissing Obama’s arse because they don’t to lose that BOR interview.

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 10:35 PM

capitalists will sell the rope to the socialists that hangs them…

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Electrongod, good idea, unless on the off chance the TSA guy is a TPer, onthe other hand ,WHAT ARE THE ODDS of that?

bigmike on January 15, 2011 at 10:37 PM

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:32 PM

+1000…
The speech Palin did was what Obama should have done Monday from the O office..about the BLM that is.
Then he could have went to a memorial that resembled that of Princess Diana’s..well a notch down from that, but you know what I mean.

Electrongod on January 15, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 10:35 PM

capitalists will sell the rope to the socialists that hangs them…

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Why do they care about an interview with the won? He has gone on everything including Mythbusters. What is the big deal?

txmomof6 on January 15, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 10:35 PM

I think you are 100% right. Who cares if Barry does a Bill O’REilly show before the super-bowl?

Capitalism at its worst.

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 10:35 PM

If Ozero backs out of BOR interview, then Ozero becomes the loser.

I don’t like the idea that people a re waking on egg shells to garner an interview with the WON. BOH has said he will not hold back on the tough questions, and I hope he’s true to that.

Kini on January 15, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Doing an interview on Fox is very unpresidential

faraway on January 15, 2011 at 10:41 PM

And had he been a Tea Partier, the outcome would be……?

humdinger on January 15, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Palin showed great leadership.
Obama just continues to campaign.

Kini on January 15, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 10:35 PM

They should have a certain Fox contributor from way up North make an appearance during the interview. Talk about epic. Popcorn sales alone would be enough to turn the economy around.

miConsevative on January 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Capitalism at its worst.

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Did you guys see Laura Ingraham make Bill Oh! mad by saying “Oh, OK. I know you have an upcoming interview with him.”

Bill steamed and promised his interview “will be like the first.”

Which just makes Laura’s point.

Marcus on January 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM

It is so discouraging that none of the Republican Party “leaders” made effort to defend SP. It would have been seen as noble, even chivalrous. Instead they show themselves cowards. I don’t think SP wants to run for POTUS in 2012. She’s said in essence only if there is nobody else worthy of her support. Apparently there is not. All have missed a wonderful opportunity to gain her favor. T-Paw, especially disappointing. I was a supporter.

Herman Cain’s has my attention.

exdeadhead on January 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM

The Bill OReally interview will be enlightening, as I suspect that the big guy who is so effective at picking on girls and so full of himself that he rarely admits his interviewees might know more about a particular topic than he, will likely ask no tough questions of The Won, only softballs Larry King like.

IF Bill OREALLY does ask Barry a tough question he will bail the porr boy out before the Resident hangs himself.

If OBlah Blah wheels in TOTUS for the interview I’m pretty sure he had the questions in advance, the ones that are tougher than:
How did you like your fabulous endless vacation in Hawaii Mr Resident?

dhunter on January 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Kini on January 15, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Bill O’Reilly: “So Mr. President, how hard has it been to govern while the far, far right has been dogging you for almost 2 years straight? You can do no right with these people. Am I right?”

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM

The thing I noticed in Sept of 08, when Palin showed ,the entire Democrat machine had changed to Obama running against Palin . They’re still doing it to this day, BUT IF THEY ADMIT THAT, they lose FACE. Bet that burns.

bigmike on January 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM

txmomof6 on January 15, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Ratings=Money

And you know darn well that Obama will cancel on a whim if he thinks he’s going to get hoodwinked. BOR threw softballs at Barry the last time he interviewed him.

The only interviewer I’d watch from Fox would be Brett Baier. He nailed Barry last time.

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 10:47 PM

7 minutes of your live you will NOT want back:

Watch it, listen and understand what a true leader is and what this country can become again with such a leader:

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:47 PM

capitalists will sell the rope to the socialists that hangs them…

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Sell it? More like give it away.

rrpjr on January 15, 2011 at 10:49 PM

miConsevative on January 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Sorry to quote myself, but after typing the thought, I started drooling. Could you imagine Palin, point blank, asking the Won what he thought about the coverage after the shootings?

Oops…sorry to use “point blank”. I’ll have to fix that after I go get something to clean up this drool.

miConsevative on January 15, 2011 at 10:50 PM

miConsevative on January 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Who would that be? I’m stumped!

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 10:51 PM

capitalists will sell the rope to the socialists that hangs them…

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Sell it? More like give it away.

rrpjr on January 15, 2011 at 10:49 PM

More like borrow money from China, buy rope with the borrowed money, and then give it to our executioners.

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Herman Cain’s has my attention.

exdeadhead on January 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM

It wasn’t cowardice as much as ignorance of what was going on and most importantly the fact that they thought they could benefit more by having the left destroy Sarah thus they were ignorant as to what was going on,
THE LEFT WAS MAKING HER STRONGER AND BY THEIR SHAMEFUL SILENCE THEM WEAKER!

There is not one I will vote for other than Sarah!

I will write her in if I must!

I will not vote for a clueless balless Repub ala McCain again.

Where by the way has the Senile Senator from AZ been by the way AWOL?

dhunter on January 15, 2011 at 10:52 PM

miConsevative on January 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM

OMG! Could you imagine?

A split screen with Obama & Palin, with Palin asking Obama Questions?

I think MSNBC’s heads would spin around and vomit pea soup, before exploding.

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Ratings=Money

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 10:47 PM

i wonder if the ratings will be better for hannity’s interview with Palin Monday or for BOR’s interview with Obama?

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:54 PM

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Agreed. Funny thing is the left should have wanted to bury it. Instead they hyperventilate about it and more people saw it than would have otherwise, like me.

txmomof6 on January 15, 2011 at 10:55 PM

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM

More like, “So, Mr. President, what’s it like to have Sarah Palin call you out on every piece of lousy legislation you had Nanzi Pelosi propose?”

Kini on January 15, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Dhunter, he was busy writing his op-ed for Washington Post , where he drooled all over The Won’s speech ACTUALLY.

bigmike on January 15, 2011 at 10:56 PM

well well well know the GOP establishement is singing Palin’s tune? amazing what a couple polls do to change their opinion. Do these people have any core convictions?

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 9:14 PM

None whatsoever.

Windsocks.

gary4205 on January 15, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Heal the lame…..Heal the brokenhearted…..lift up the poor…..

…….and behold the people rose up and cried out “Hosanna Hosanna… Blessed is O’Jesus!!

And Congress fell before him in awe and reverence as he waved his hand and healed the incivility, and they all cried out Holy!!!!

State of the Union preview……..2011

PappyD61 on January 15, 2011 at 10:59 PM

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Slam dunk on Hannity. Who in the heck wants to watch BOR and Barry before the Super Bowl? Super Bowl Sunday is big business in my family.

………besides maybe Da Bears will be there

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Ratings=Money

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Actually, I and perhaps a few other Fox viewers would be likely to turn off the program because he is on it, so ratings might be a wash. I don’t know how these things work, so I could easily be wrong.

txmomof6 on January 15, 2011 at 11:00 PM

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:47 PM

The left says she’s done, toast, gone, over.

About a likely as Ed Schultz loosing the weight between his ears.

Kini on January 15, 2011 at 11:01 PM

txmomof6 on January 15, 2011 at 10:55 PM

you have it on WHY we NEED Palin to run. If this was mitt or Tpaw or haley etc the left would have buried it. they would never have attacked the term “blood libel” they would have simply let it go giving the entire newscycle and the next to Obama’s speech.

Palin does not allow them to bury it. Her supporters will not allow them to bury it. Palin released the video to 2.5 million people on facebook, the blogs picked it up, it was forwared in emals posted on youtube, talked about on talkradio. she stoled the oxygen from Obama’s speech for the entire day. The left tried to get it back after his speech but Palin was still being talked about. they were comparing the speeches, they were talking about “blood libel” etc.

In other words Palin competes with Obama for attention and eyeballs. All the other GOp candidates would be buried by Obama’s newscycle and their talking points, thier ideas etc will die stillborn as noone will ever hear them…..

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 11:01 PM

The longer The Wons speech spins the worse it gets for HIM, the longer Sarahs speech spins the better it gets for her!

More speeches Pinnochio quick so the sheeple forget your last epic fail, speeches every Monday at 8 so we forget the last time you interrupted our football game, more speeches please, really your great, and your the Won!

dhunter on January 15, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Bill steamed and promised his interview “will be like the first.”

Which just makes Laura’s point.

Marcus on January 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Winner!!

tencole on January 15, 2011 at 11:04 PM

besides maybe Da Bears will be there

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 11:00 PM

steelers looked good in their come from behind victory tonight

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 11:04 PM

txmomof6 on January 15, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I don’t watch fox at all anymore but will be turning in monday

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 11:06 PM

funny they keep using allegedly with this fuller guy, but went straight with guilty untileven after being proven innocent with sarah and the TP….

cmsinaz on January 15, 2011 at 9:29 PM

FIFY

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on January 15, 2011 at 11:06 PM

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 11:01 PM

That may be true, but I would rather people want to listen to her because they agree with her ideas and principles instead of the gossipy nature of the news, blogs, twitter etc.

txmomof6 on January 15, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Krauthammer can’t seem to decide where his moral center is.

One day here, another day there.

Palin, on the other hand stands strong.

Thanks for very little, a little late, Charles.

profitsbeard on January 15, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Something I haven’t heard much about is Ed’s interview with the kid from the store who ran out into the action and held down Loughner. Ed was slobbering praise all over him until the kid says, “Well, I was packing heat.” Ed convulses and asks “Would you have shot him?” Kid says, “Damn right I would have.”
This is a big story. It was someone legally carrying a weapon that helped to end the violence. We need to start pushing that narrative.

MaxMBJ on January 15, 2011 at 11:08 PM

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:47 PM

unseen…..I was pretty moved by her sppech. As a matter of fact, in the beginning when she sighs, “our exceptional country”…I almost lost it.

tencole on January 15, 2011 at 11:08 PM

txmomof6 on January 15, 2011 at 11:07 PM

agreed but to get people to agree with you and know your positions and priciples you must first get them to listen.

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 11:08 PM

The Won is good at “mesmerizing”, but EVENTUALLY people become annoyed about that funny buzzing noise in their ear.

bigmike on January 15, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Barf.

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM

I learned a long time ago that giving “credit where credit is due” is a waste of time with nimrods like Huckabee, Romney, and the rest.

You can bet your ass if they did something right, it was by pure accident. Most days they are as useless as a democrat.

gary4205 on January 15, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Sarah is the only one with any convictions and she stands by them. Unlike most other politicians on either side she actually believes in what she says. I think the rest hide because they don’t have any real beliefs and are afraid to be caught out in the open and not know which way to turn or how to answer if they start getting flack.

shmendrick on January 15, 2011 at 11:11 PM

profitsbeard on January 15, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I’m starting to wonder if Dr. Krauthammer moderates his tone while on Fox because it is always being depicted as a crazed right wing organization. Then when he is actually up against a lefty loon he can be more forceful since his is actually an opposition view.

Cindy Munford on January 15, 2011 at 11:12 PM

tencole on January 15, 2011 at 11:08 PM

I at first listened with one ear. then about 50 secs into it I was captivated at 3 mins into it a rewound it and listened again to every word, watched every inflection. I was moved. when she mentioned Thomas Paine’ concept of a government of “necessary evil” I was floored. By the end I had a tear in my eye and knew I just listened to one of the best politcal speeches in 2 years.

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 11:12 PM

gary4205 on January 15, 2011 at 11:09 PM

You’re right. No more giving credit for something any normal person with a conscience would do.

Schmuckmer Gantry still sucks.

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 11:12 PM

They’re already plugging the Superbowl Obama v. O’Reilly interview during the playoff games. No backing out now. And if it’s broadcast then, you know it’s gonna be a love letter.

John the Libertarian on January 15, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Are they even “staging” Obama’s hair? Take a look at this.

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Either they are staging his hair for effect, or his Socialist Joker Clown make-up is smearing into his hair.

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Herman Cain’s has my attention.

exdeadhead on January 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Why?

The guy has never held elected office. Got destroyed the only time he ran. Your first elected position is NOT going to be POTUS.

Have you heard him lately? He’s as big a snake oil salesman as Huckabee. He could take over for Vince selling Sham-Wows!

gary4205 on January 15, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Knucklehead, that’s just his “hair wardrobe”, don’t you remember his “halo”?

bigmike on January 15, 2011 at 11:16 PM

shmendrick on January 15, 2011 at 11:11 PM
That is because they are following the results of polls. Sarah on the other hand leads on what the pollsters will poll about.

txmomof6 on January 15, 2011 at 11:17 PM

This thread is going down hill quick for obvious reasons..

Dire Straits on January 15, 2011 at 11:17 PM

He opened his eyes…
He opened his eyes…
opened his eyes…
He opened his eyes

AND SAW THE POLLING DATA.

Geochelone on January 15, 2011 at 11:19 PM

This thread is going down hill quick for obvious reasons..

Dire Straits on January 15, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 11:19 PM

This thread is going down hill quick for obvious reasons..

Dire Straits on January 15, 2011 at 11:17 PM

yeah there wasn’t any trolls around for the longest time.

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Are they even “staging” Obama’s hair? Take a look at this.

Knucklehead on January 15, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Nah I noticed this last year. I think some days he just forgets the Grecian Formula.

txmomof6 on January 15, 2011 at 11:21 PM

the guy who threatened a “tea party” guy in Tucson today

“Fuller, who works as a signature collector for political initiatives,…..”

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/01/15/20110115gabrielle-giffords-arizona-shooting-tucson-forum.html#ixzz1BAW1FQT4

63 years old, and vet

r keller on January 15, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Knucklehead, that’s just his “hair wardrobe”, don’t you remember his “halo”?

bigmike on January 15, 2011 at 11:16 PM

The Halo will need to have its bulb replaced to compact fluorescent as the current bulb has a bleaching effect.

Electrongod on January 15, 2011 at 11:22 PM

yeah there wasn’t any trolls around for the longest time.

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 11:20 PM

LOL..:)

Dire Straits on January 15, 2011 at 11:22 PM

He opened his eyes…
He opened his eyes…
opened his eyes…
He opened his eyes

AND SAW THE POLLING DATA.

Geochelone on January 15, 2011 at 11:19 PM

You are just milking the crowd ;)

Electrongod on January 15, 2011 at 11:23 PM

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 11:20 PM

You get it!..Why am I shocked..:)

Dire Straits on January 15, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Cheshire Cat on January 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM

heh, yeah, they soiled their armor all right

29Victor on January 15, 2011 at 11:26 PM

7 minutes of your live you will NOT want back:

unseen on January 15, 2011 at 10:47 PM

The first few minutes are better than everything Obama has done in his entire life.

This was Regan after the Challenger disaster, Bush after 9/11. This was a LEADER with sheer determination in her eyes.

The left and the GOP elites couldn’t stop her now no matter what. There is absolutely nothing that will keep her from her destiny.

I sincerely believe she was called to this, and is being shielded by a higher power. The harder she is attacked, the faster her attackers fall by the wayside.

We’re already seeing polling that blames the left’s violent rhetoric, not the right, for Arizona, and polling shows Sarah comes out of this well.

If the left hadn’t chose to make her the story, instead of the actual story, she would have never been presented with this opportunity to show what she is made of.

It’s quite the contrast to the rest of the worthless GOP show ponies.

She’s proven without a doubt that she has no fear. Never backs down.

Trust me, the leaders of other nations, both friend and foe are watching. They are getting a small glimpse of how tough President Palin will be. Our enemies who remember Reagan are pissing themselves.

gary4205 on January 15, 2011 at 11:26 PM

tencole on January 15, 2011 at 11:08 PM

She is so good. That is an awesome line. Then she says, we are the light for the rest of the world. And she speaks so clearly, plainly, from the heart, solid conservative values every time.

Paul-Cincy on January 15, 2011 at 11:27 PM

So what’s next for The Won, a light coming down, a light coming from uh uh heaven yeah , coming down from heaven on live tv, yeah, that’s the ticket, special effects!

bigmike on January 15, 2011 at 11:28 PM

You are just milking the crowd ;)

Electrongod on January 15, 2011 at 11:23 PM

That’s just udder nonsense

Kini on January 15, 2011 at 11:30 PM

That’s just udder nonsense

Kini on January 15, 2011 at 11:30 PM

LOL. I should have expected that.

Electrongod on January 15, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Schmuckmer Gantry still sucks.

portlandon on January 15, 2011 at 11:12 PM

In the last couple of years I’ve become one jaded SOB.

I don’t trust any of em. They are all guilty until proven innocent. This week has only reinforced that.

If the RNC thought it had problems raising money before ….

gary4205 on January 15, 2011 at 11:35 PM