Quotes of the day

posted at 10:18 pm on January 14, 2011 by Allahpundit

“One of the wounded in the Tucson, Ariz., shooting that left Rep. Gabrielle Giffords critically injured is blaming Sarah Palin, House Speaker John Boehner, Fox TV host Glenn Beck and former Nevada GOP Senate candidate Sharron Angle for the tragedy.

“It looks like Palin, Beck, Sharron Angle and the rest got their first target,’ Eric Fuller said in an interview with Democracy NOW…

“‘Their wish for Second Amendment activism has been fulfilled — senseless hatred leading to murder, lunatic fringe anarchism, subscribed to by John Boehner, mainstream rebels with vengeance for all — even 9-year-old girls,’ he added, referring to the death of Christina Taylor Green…

“‘I would put Sarah Palin in first place there. I think, really, she should be incarcerated for treason for advocating assassinating public officials,’ Fuller said in an interview with Media Matters.”

***
“By Monday, The New York Times’ editorial page had kicked into action. It conceded that, sure, Loughner operated ‘well beyond usual ideological categories,’ but, still, it was ‘legitimate to hold Republicans and particularly their most virulent supporters in the media responsible for the gale of anger that has produced the vast majority of these threats, setting the nation on edge.’ The Los Angeles Times followed suit. It admitted that, sure, Loughner and ‘his own demons were primarily to blame,’ but it still condemned the ‘increasingly incendiary and violent rhetoric that characterizes today’s political debate,’ for which ‘the right bears the brunt of responsibility.’ Meanwhile, dozens of opinion writers were busily adding related but equally ethereal musings to the heap. Writing in the Guardian, blogger Jessica Valenti blamed a ‘country that sees masculinity—especially violent masculinity—as the ideal.’

“There is of course one advantage to all such lines of argument, if argument is the word for it. They are entirely faith-based, which makes them pretty much irrefutable. But faith-based punditry works in more than one direction. Seven years after the massacre at Columbine High School—in which two senior students shot and killed twelve students and a teacher—CBS News invited Brian Rohrbough, who had lost his son Dan, to explain why he thought the shootings had happened. ‘The public school system has taught in a moral vacuum, expelling God from the school and from the government, replacing him with evolution, where the strong kill the weak, without moral consequences and life has no inherent value,’ Rohrbough said. ‘And I assure you the murder of innocent children is always wrong, including by abortion. Abortion has diminished the value of children.’ Most liberals (myself included) would disagree with Rohrbough’s explanation for the shooting, but they’d have trouble explaining why it’s any less plausible or substantive than explanations blaming Jared Loughner on rightwing hysteria.”

***
“ABC News host George Stephanopoulos refuses to admit fault or issue a correction for implying politics had something to do with accused Tucson tragedy shooter Jared Lee Loughner’s motives…

“TheDC also asked the Washington Post, the New York Times and CNN if they were going to run corrections for the mistakes their reporters, anchors and columnists made.

“An editorial page assistant at the New York Times said it was up to columnist Paul Krugman whether he was going to run a correction for his mistakes. Krugman asserted that the Tea Party movement factored into Loughner’s shooting of Giffords and 19 other people on Saturday.

“The Post and CNN failed to respond to TheDC’s requests for comment.”

***
Via Greg Hengler.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

Gohawgs:Do you remember the SHAMWOW Thread,tried to find
the Hot Air thread,it was a hoot!:)

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 3:02 AM

This thread?

Gohawgs on January 15, 2011 at 3:08 AM

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 2:41 AM
===============
Just dont grab the SlapChop instead of the ShamWoW :)

Wolftech on January 15, 2011 at 2:42 AM

Wolftech:OUCH,heard of this knife,:)
=======================================================

The WASP Injector Knife is ideally

****************************

WASP Injection Knife vs. Watermelon

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 3:08 AM

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 3:02 AM
=========

Did I leave out “from Canada”?…The song was banned for being homophobic or something else they made up…

Gohawgs on January 15, 2011 at 3:05 AM

Gohawgs:Oh I thought you meant commenter Dire Straits!:)

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 3:10 AM

tigerlily:Yup,Sarah cost them the House,there is NO
DISCUSSION,NO COMPROMISE,they*(AHEM)want her
out of the picture!

Trying to use my rhetric carefully):)
canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 2:46 AM

You’d best do so, buster! The walls have ears as big as Barry’s, dontcha know.

tigerlily on January 15, 2011 at 3:13 AM

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 3:10 AM

Was I being duplicitous? I must being morphing into a BORG or a used car salesman…/

Gohawgs on January 15, 2011 at 3:13 AM

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 3:02 AM
=================
This thread?

Gohawgs on January 15, 2011 at 3:08 AM

Gohawgs:Doesn’t appear to be,it spilled over into a
few pages!

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 3:14 AM

I have a photo taken in the early 1980′s.
My bro is five, I’m almost 13, and my mother is 39.

I’m resting on his head, she’s resting on mine(Ma’s 5’7) and bro is crying because…he’s 5.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 15, 2011 at 2:48 AM

Good times in the good ole days. (Except for little bro.)

tigerlily on January 15, 2011 at 3:15 AM

out of the picture!

Trying to use my rhetric carefully):)
canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 2:46 AM
====================================
You’d best do so, buster! The walls have ears as big as Barry’s, dontcha know.

tigerlily on January 15, 2011 at 3:13 AM

tigerlily:Exactly,”Loose Lips Sinks Ships”,we had that
poster up,when I was in kindergarten Navy,
Navy League Cadets!!:)

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 3:17 AM

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 3:10 AM
=================================

Gohawgs on January 15, 2011 at 3:13 AM

Gohawgs:All in good fun and taste!!:)

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 3:18 AM

Okay gang,its getting late,a cup of tea,catch the rest of Red Eye on Fox,

GOODNIGHT everyone——————–:)

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 3:19 AM

tigerlily on January 15, 2011 at 3:03 AM

I had undiagnosed toxemia when I was pregnant with the ‘almost adult’. It was hades and one of the reasons why I only have one child.
I must disagree with the Church on this issue. I know abortion is ‘Ex Cathedra’-I still support abortion to save the life of the mother. It’s an evil thing-but there are RARE occasions where it is necessary.

I also support the use of bc(other than abortion) between a marriage couple.
I got a tubal shortly after I was saved-because of the toxemia and the postpartum(my son was almost 4), the lack of inborn maternal instinct, and I really don’t like small children…of mine.
I wasn’t Catholic then-obviously-but my decision wouldn’t have been different even if I had been. It was the right choice for me.
I know the Church isn’t going to condemn something that happened 12+ years before I joined the Church. As far as all the other stuff.
I’m sure Father/Son/Holy Spirit, Holy Mother, and St.Edith will help me get ‘straight’.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 15, 2011 at 3:20 AM

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 3:14 AM

I don’t remember the thread. I just typed “shamwow” into the HA search box and got 2 results…Splitting shamwow into 2 words got several more results…

Gohawgs on January 15, 2011 at 3:20 AM

tigerlily:Exactly,”Loose Lips Sinks Ships”,we had that
poster up,when I was in kindergarten Navy,
Navy League Cadets!!:)

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Were Navy League Cadets a Canadian thang?

tigerlily on January 15, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Were Navy League Cadets a Canadian thang?

tigerlily on January 15, 2011 at 3:21 AM

‘Canada: It’s like a loft apartment over a really great party.’-Robin Williams.

Illinois: ‘It’s like living next to the Simpson’s.’
-Gov Mitch Daniels

annoyinglittletwerp on January 15, 2011 at 3:25 AM

Now this just makes me scared of Sarah Palin….LOL

Sharke on January 15, 2011 at 3:39 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 15, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Sorry for your medical woes. I guess what I’m trying to say is that the Church allows conditions to be treated, and abortion does not treat a condition, it kills a baby. Delivery is always an option, and if there is some kind of acute condition that requires a draconian treatment that may result in harm to the child but without which the mother would die, then the Church would allow the treatment and pray that the child would survive. However, this scenario would be extremely rare.
As I said, delivery, when emergent conditions indicate, is good medicine and good practice of the faith. Abortion itself is rife with complications and any doctor worth his salt won’t prescribe it as a treatment.

As far a BC, have you read the short but very prophetic and powerful encyclical by Pope Paul VI, Humanae Vitae, or any synopsis of John Paul II’s Theology of the Body or his book, Love and Responsibility? All awesomely awesome and very affirming of women, whereas BC objectifies women, endangers their health (did you know that the CBC has just classified the Pill as a Class “A” carcinogen?) and separates husbands from wives insidiously, while making children of their union the “enemy”, unconsciously, and blocking the hand of God himself from creating an eternal soul. Also, for serious situations, I am sure as a CAtholic you know about Natural Family Planning, to be used to space children when serious health or economic conditions dictate the necessity.

I’m with you on the Father, Son and Holy Spirit straightening us all out, and it seems that the powerful mmartyr St. Edith Stein has a special place in your heart, as would be natural, given your shared faith and conversions. She’ll steer us all straight. JPII was something else to recognize and canonize her, no?

btw, I don’t know if you have a holy priest that you take these questions to – I had one for years who made it simple for me and I also have made it a point to submit to Church teaching because I figure I don’t know better than those whom Christ has decided to teach through, like our beloved JPII. (don’t get me wrong, not saying you think you know better either). Fr. John Corapi says when you humbly submit your will and intellect to a teaching you may not fully understand, the light comes through and you begin, through obedience, to understand mightily. He says that the understanding does not come before humble submission. I’ve found that to be true.

I have a friend who lives in Chicago and she says there is a very old, very holy priest, a saint, really, at St. Mary of the Angels. His name is Father Hilary. She says he is the best spiritual director evah.

tigerlily on January 15, 2011 at 3:49 AM

Illinois: ‘It’s like living next to the Simpson’s.’
-Gov Mitch Daniels

annoyinglittletwerp on January 15, 2011 at 3:25 AM

Don’t give up your day job, Mitch.

tigerlily on January 15, 2011 at 3:54 AM

This Eric Fuller guy is a moron.

SoulGlo on January 15, 2011 at 3:56 AM

P.S. alt: I also don’t know for sure, but think there may be a problem with holding positions contrary (even if they are held in the mind and not acted upon) to core Church teachings on life, transmission of life, etc. I remember reading one time that those who denied the dogma of the Immaculate Conception, for example, (because when a teaching is so important it requires assent of the will and intellect; therefore dogmatic), put themselves out of union with the Church and that their obstinance in holding a view contrary to the universal Church could constitute a serious sin. Anyway, you may want to discuss this with a holy priest…

tigerlily on January 15, 2011 at 4:04 AM

Left can’t blame their views on mental illness which are “right” to refuse medication and the desirability of the chronically psychotic to live free of hospitalization.

As for Fuller, let’s remember that this was a dem event of some sort and that this man is probably as ardent as Matthews of Dupenick in his support. If this was someone criticizing Obama the media would be looking to destroy his credibility. Who IS Fuller and what is his agenda would be the order of the day.

And I agree with all those who say that the media wants SarahPalin dead. Just as all the anti-Bush garbage from hanging in effigy, to assasination plays and signs to the ugly words of Hevesi was a longing for murder, so is this.

clnurnberg on January 15, 2011 at 5:21 AM

Christine O’Palin is not dumb, she just can’t win a general election.

You’ll either take the WH and advance your agenda or lose and continued to lose the country via progressive regulatory agencies.

rickyricardo on January 15, 2011 at 5:59 AM

Its a shame we lost the light of a 9 year old..
Its also a shame Mr Fuller cant keep his mouth shut, though Its sure he was predisposed to this condition prior to the event, which it appears has served only to provide him with a vehicle to voice his vile opinion…

Its a shame we lost a 9 y/o…

Viper1 on January 15, 2011 at 6:20 AM

Most Hypocritical “Blood Libel” Critic Award goes to

In May 2008, Andrew Cohen accused then presidential nominee John McCain of engaging in a “blood libel” not because McCain accused someone of complicity in murder, but because McCain criticized “activist judges”

/…goes to show how far all the traditional tolerant respect for others as “my friend” from Mr. Polite McCain’s statesmanlike rhetoric took things.

maverick muse on January 15, 2011 at 6:40 AM

This Eric Fuller guy is a moron.

SoulGlo on January 15, 2011 at 3:56 AM

He is just a liberal who got shot. If a conservative got shot, he would have had a different reaction. It is kind of sad that a person’s prejudices {like Fuller’s here} can be so strong that his first reaction was to blame a Republican. That is so strange.

I think Giffords was a second amendment supporter herself, maybe he would like to go yell at her once she is out of the hospital.

Terrye on January 15, 2011 at 6:42 AM

clnurnberg on January 15, 2011 at 5:21 AM

Bush left public life, Cheney is very ill and thus very quiet, so they had to have someone to direct their malice toward. I am not sure they want Sarah Palin dead, she is far more useful as a target alive. They are just snotty little people who need to be trashing someone all the time.

Terrye on January 15, 2011 at 6:45 AM

Saturday, 15 January 2011
Video: Only In America

======================================

Rhetric,and so far,its been Liberals talking about it,
not the right!!
=======================

Jackson wanted to cut Hopeys’s Family jewels off!
———–

Jesse Jackson on Barack Obama; “I Wanna Cut His Nuts Off”

===================================

Michelle OMama says Hopey might get shot at the
gas station.
————-

Michelle Obama Foretold Obama’s Assasination

========================================

Hillary says bad things might happen!
————

Hillary Clinton- Obama Will Be Assasinated?

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 6:52 AM

Is the future of the USA more or less secure after the events of this week?

Crux Australis on January 15, 2011 at 6:54 AM

Is there one conservative politician out there who has an ounce of courage to defend us-only Sarah Palin.

texanpride on January 15, 2011 at 7:11 AM

I don’t know who the Republican nominee in 2012 will be, but I do know Palin will speak at the RNC convention and receive the standing ovation of ovations, not bad for someone whose career is being written off.

By the way, here is Charles Blow this morning and his article is quite lucid.

rob verdi on January 15, 2011 at 7:11 AM

Can you remember
Any word or phrase or line
From Zero’s “great” speech?

But ten years from now
You’ll remember “Blood Libel”…
Who’s the dummy here?

Haiku Guy on January 15, 2011 at 7:11 AM

Interestingly enough the “theme” of the ‘memorial’ comes from an article written in 2008 that is posted on Obama’s Organizing for America website by John Berry IV.

There is an article published today at American Thinker that further explains this.

Really? We’re suppose to believe this wasn’t known by the administration of the White House. Give me a break!

Exit question. How long before the article at OfA is scrubbed?

lyfsatrip on January 15, 2011 at 7:16 AM

“Here I would get shot”(0:57 min. mark)
—————————————

Professor Gates: Obama Calls Police Stupid Then Defends It Later on ABC

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 7:28 AM

texanpride on January 15, 2011 at 7:11 AM

texanpride:Yes,Allen West!

Palin/West/2012

Making America,Great Common Sense Returns!

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 7:31 AM

Rev. Obama’s Revival Tent Meeting— a calculated political perversion in Tuscon:

onlineanalyst on January 15, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Well,Travis Smiley says,that it goes all the way back to
State of the Union,when Congressman Wilson said,”You Lie”!
=====================================================
Tavis Smiley on Obama’s Arizona Memorial Speech, Martin Luther King and Hate in America

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 8:05 AM

So congressional members admit that their powers are usurped by the imbalanced autonomy they’ve chosen previously to grant the Executive Branch under the guise of “efficient governance” to manipulate via mandate.

Many congressional Republicans, and surely some Democrats with institutional pride, think Congress is being derogated and marginalized by two developments. One is the apotheosis of the presidency as the mainspring of the government and the custodian of the nation’s soul. The second is the growing autonomy of the regulatory state, an apparatus responsive to presidents.

George Will

Note well, congressional members are only whining about themselves, oblivious to the American Citizen.

Congress rape-raped the American citizenry before f8cking themselves.

This congressional whining is CYA tactic for those members with seniority and voting records proving bleeding-heart “liberal”/”compassionate” endorsements and funding for socialist authoritarian governance.

It isn’t as if these “bipartisan” progressive congressional members in each major political party doing this whining are intent on reigning in the wild horse they’ve goaded to stampede.

The only determination that they have is to keep on keeping on, so long as THEY corruptly get/take their profit from the taxpayer while the citizenry must “be reasonable” and remain “tolerant” in bent-over-backwards position for perpetuity.

As if The $pending $tupid isn’t grinding our bones to dust. No skin off congressional noses so long as they stick together as “bipartisans” relinquishing constitutional separation of powers.

If Congress WANTS to legislate and function according to the US Constitution, THEN DO IT.

Don’t feed us propaganda that things are too far gone and that it’s too late to do what is right. Were that the case, the dismiss Congress all together, Congress having forfeited their purpose and their sworn official obligations.

Ironic, the inverse is true. Whereas George Will illustrates that Congress is whining that the Executive Branch won’t give back Congress’ marbles, empowering the Presidency into the likes of an ancient Divine Rights’ powerful Monarch authoritarianism, Congress itself is acting the modern role of impotent monarch whining that the ancient monarchy privileges by Divine Right are removed by forfeit, having ceded duties bit by bit to the Presidency.

Whatever backscratching arrangements began this grotesquely illegitimate arrangement between politicians bears no constitutional authority.

And since the “constitutional conservatives” who initiated the Tea Party movement brought their elected bipartisan progressives to the Table of Political Epiphany in order to work together, those with seniority declined the invitation (Cantor dissed not only Bachmann’s efforts to unite constitutional conservatives, but Cantor dissed all the legitimate efforts of the American citizenry for constitutional governance), or attend the feast of tolerance maintaining the saboteur-card up their sleeve, meaning to enforce the status quo via cloak and dagger politics as usual, meaning more authoritarianism. AS IF it’s only business, nothing personal.

Short-cut to hell mandates and political expediency. Fred Thompson hammered against them all along. US Policy MUST secure constitutional and fiscal integrity for the US citizenry.

maverick muse on January 15, 2011 at 8:10 AM

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Tavis won’t admit his coin has two heads.

The Lie tidal wave of reproach hit The Truth with intolerance for factual record.

Obama was called on his lie during the highest stakes political poker game. And McCain pulled the rug out from under the Facts, teaching Americans to be subservient dimwits to authoritarian revisionist propaganda.

Obama lied. Wilson called him on it, was reproached by the powers that were/are, and Wilson apologized for his outburst. And of course, the apology for calling out the lie “inappropriately” was not accepted by the liars.

maverick muse on January 15, 2011 at 8:24 AM

What I learned from this week …

1. That the GOP elite is a bunch of eunuchs who cower from anyone who cries “foul” or tosses the race card – or accuses them (however falsely) of being intolerant.

2. My belief that the left is intent on destroying this nation was reaffirmed.

3. That the best way to destroy this nation is to shut down debate on one side for bogus reason. We have a radical left in this nation that’s willing to do it at any cost – and a Republican party that will go along with it as long as they’re allowed eat some scraps from the boots of the leftist oppressors.

4. That Sarah Palin and my fellow Tea Party patriots are the ONLY ones that I can rely on.

HondaV65 on January 15, 2011 at 8:24 AM

texanpride on January 15, 2011 at 7:11 AM

This was a dominate topic at my local TP meeting this past week. No action speaks volume also.. Hiding out and or remaining PC while lies and an orchestrated smear campaign is launched against the millions of us in the TP… This is not principled behavior, and is not leadership.

May God Bless you Sarah and keep you safe.

Keemo on January 15, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Listened to Hannity on radio yesterday and he had some lib callers who when confronted with actual facts about Tucson still could not give up their squirrel brain beliefs. Krugman, Matthews, et al, will never give it up in the face of actual facts even if Loughner yelled them out in court. They would still claim some portion of the responsibility belongs to the tea party, Sarah, & Rush.

Kissmygrits on January 15, 2011 at 8:27 AM

HondaV65 on January 15, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Keemo on January 15, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Yeah, don’t you just LOVE the way that Republicans and the Republican party leaped to the defense of Palin and the Tea Party? What courage! Right.

ddrintn on January 15, 2011 at 8:30 AM

ddrintn on January 15, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Actions speak louder than words…
Sarah Palin: The force is strong with this one.
Emperor Obama on the TP: Allied forces have organized and are staging a good fight; we must squash this organized effort before it grows in power. Organize our allies in the media; this uprising must be stopped.

Keemo on January 15, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Honestly, the time has finally come to stop clenching fists and gritting teeth. The point has been reached when Sarah Palin needs to file a major libel lawsuit on all the documented news networks and their CEO’s who associated her name with this heinous crime. She needs to name names, starting with the the entire primetime roster on MSNBC and work her way down to each and every individual journalist, blogger, etc. Her life has become threatened. Certainly they have on record the uptick in death threats issued to her following their malicious reporting, etc.

It’s time to stop pretending this isn’t destroying her life and well being. It’s time to stop talking about hateful Liberal bias in political news reporting and doing something about it.

RepubChica on January 15, 2011 at 8:43 AM

I hope nothing happens to Nancy Pelosi. I wrote her name on several sheets of toilet paper and then I used them…

ericdijon on January 15, 2011 at 8:45 AM

RepubChica on January 15, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Agree 100%… Sarah should hook up with Mark Levin and go for throats on this. Never have I witnessed such a vile orchestrated effort by an entire profession. Rush labeled them as the “state run media” and that has turned out to be 100% accurate. If these vile creatures are not hurt in their own personal wallets, they will never learn from this.

Keemo on January 15, 2011 at 8:48 AM

The left in this country has become the political equivalent of Westboro Baptist Church.

abcurtis on January 15, 2011 at 8:58 AM

They are the Blood Libel Media.

SurferDoc on January 15, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Is the future of the USA more or less secure after the events of this week?

Crux Australis on January 15, 2011 at 6:54 AM

I would say in a steady, but confusing, state of flux. But that means confusing to the far left and the liberals. The rest of us are getting our act together. They (the far left liberals), by their reprehensible actions this past week, have pushed issues to the forefront that they had been developing behind the curtain and in the shadows, hidden for much of the population.

Their game is out in the open and a major portion of the population is recoiling from the “story” the left is pushing. I think it is “confusing” for the liberal left because they didn’t anticipate this reaction and did not plan for a significant push back. Their control is not existing at the levels they expected and at the levels necessary for them to be successful in the end.

I say “state of flux” because I believe that the push back against the left is going to continue to grow rapidly and reach levels that the left failed to anticipate and will fail to understand before it defeats their efforts. They don’t see the reactive forces they have set in motion. They do not believe that they are no longer in control of the long term outcome. They don’t believe that anyone will punch back.

Exit question: What do the liberals believe is the reason that a far greater number of the American electorate has decided to arm itself since November, 2008? Why has that reaction undergone an even greater surge recently?

Yoop on January 15, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Keemo on January 15, 2011 at 8:48 AM

I believe it is all deliberate provocation…what’s happening in the news media. When there are no consequences for your actions and words, how can anyone expect anything to change? What’s the plan–to keep wringing our hands until the next generation of Liberal malcontents come on board? I know many will say, “if she sues, she can kiss the Presidency goodbye!” but in all honesty, what chance will she have in the first place when a system of news media will be working against you at every turn? Let’s not deny the great power in their hands and like it won’t matter. We’re not talking about only cable news here and the laughable ratings they produce (beside FNC, of course) but their parent companies, their affiliates, websites, magazine/books publishing…the entire conglomeration needs to feel the hurt they dish out daily.

RepubChica on January 15, 2011 at 9:04 AM

A leftist piece of trash calling for the jailing of political opponents…How original.

MNHawk on January 15, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Where were the people that Palin stuck her neck out for this past week — hello McCain, Haley, and the many others she endorsed, campaigned for and defended (Haley)?

KickandSwimMom on January 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Good point.

miConsevative on January 15, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Neither did Jayson Blair. The journalistic frauds need to stick together.

MNHawk on January 15, 2011 at 9:12 AM

If this Todd Harris dude really is a “Republican strategist,” I think we’ve identified the problem.

ncborn on January 15, 2011 at 9:12 AM

The news media grows stronger every time their egregious Liberal bias becomes the story…because there are no consequences. Notice how much worse and vicious it’s becoming. Dropping viewership and newspaper sales is passive. They recoup everything because they’re propped up by multi-billion dollar corporations.

RepubChica on January 15, 2011 at 9:13 AM

ericdijon on January 15, 2011 at 8:45 AM

ericdijon:Nancy says Arizona shooting was an accident!!
=======================================================

Pelosi Spins Tucson Assassinations into an Accident on House Floor

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 9:14 AM

“Here I would get shot”(0:57 min. mark)

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 7:28 AM

Heh. Nice coincidence in that timing.

miConsevative on January 15, 2011 at 9:14 AM

What I learned from this week …

2. My belief that the left is intent on destroying this nation was reaffirmed.

HondaV65 on January 15, 2011 at 8:24 AM

You must be one of those paranoids that “Chris Tingle” was talking about! Welcome to my world!

ncborn on January 15, 2011 at 9:14 AM

RepubChica on January 15, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Agreed… We have seen nothing yet I’m afraid. The machinery the Progressives have put in place over the past 50 years will be difficult to undo. Judges, Politicians, control of Hollywood, Music industry, Performing Arts… Our Politicians know exactly what we/they are up against, some of them are part of the machinery. The Tea Party is our best hope in my estimation. The Tea Party will grow in strength and power, or I’m afraid of what is coming our way. I don’t see this coming to an end without taking a violent turn. The Progressives are in to win and will use every tool/weapon. I simply don’t see Obama heading to the middle, and I don’t see these vile creatures backing down in any way/shape/form. The violence will not start with the TP people; we all know that.

Keemo on January 15, 2011 at 9:16 AM

I am with Levin…it is time to take them to Federal court and sue their arses out. Perhaps bleeding (oohh! sorry!/sarc) them financially will send a message to NOT accuse nor threat innocent civilians of an event where another person is absolutely responsible.

I like that idea of filing frivolous complaints (read lawsuits)and flip that pancake, just like they did with Sarah.

ProudPalinFan on January 15, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I’m more upset with the republican party than I am the democrats and leftists. I expect this crap from the left, but on the right? Disgusting. Where were the people that Palin stuck her neck out for this past week — hello McCain, Haley, and the many others she endorsed, campaigned
for and defended (Haley)?

KickandSwimMom on January 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM

I started with my blog and I am gonna call ‘em on it. McCain owes her BIG time. Now he’s the Republican statesman by the media. Let him enjoy it while it lasts, because he knows that doesn’t go both ways.

ProudPalinFan on January 15, 2011 at 9:26 AM

You guys shouldn’t worry too much about the so called power of the media.

They have no power anymore. That’s one of the reasons they are acting so viciously.
When it really matters, it will only matter what Palin says to the country if she’s running, which I’m sure she is now.

The country will hear her, and decide. They want her gone so badly because they all know that when the country really starts listening to her, (the country hasn’t yet really heard her) the country will really like her.
The propaganda “unelectable” nonsense is just going for the hearts and minds brainwashing.
It’ll all come crashing down if she does well in front of 40 million people.

B Man on January 15, 2011 at 9:29 AM

ProudPalinFan on January 15, 2011 at 9:26 AM

ProudPalinFan:Get ready for a Lib meltdown!!:)
========================================================

OH SH*T,and its SOLD OUT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

************LIBERAL HEADS EXPLODING ALERT*****************

Palin to deliver address at gun convention
The Hill

13hrs 58mins ago
—————-

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will deliver a keynote address to a gun convention later this month. Palin (R) will speak to the Safari International Club (SCI) in Reno, Nev. on Saturday, Jan. 29, according to the group’s website.

=========================

The organization bills itself as “the leader in protecting the freedom to hunt and promoting Wildlife Conservation worldwide.”

Palin will keynote Safari Club International convention

Sarah Palin plans to deliver the keynote address to the Safari Club International 2011 Convention, running January 26-29 in Reno, Nevada.

****************************************

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 12:03 AM

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Do click on the Onion in the headlines.Says it all.

katy the mean old lady on January 15, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Copilot: Commander Palin … we’re taking heavy flak!!

Commander Palin: You betcha … we’re right over the target. Keep ‘er straight and level … bombs away!

darwin on January 15, 2011 at 9:50 AM

BREAKING:
Conservative spokesmen have issued a nationwide Amber Alert. 2012 frontrunner Mitt Romneycare has not been seen or heard from in weeks. Anyone having information about his whereabouts should contact authorities immediately.

james23 on January 15, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I really think that he’s entitled to his feelings. The event took place at a political event. It makes sense to me that he can’t imagine that it’s not politically-driven.

I will go so far as to give this same reason for the pile-on. I felt the exact same way when the Ft. Hood shooter chose the military base. It was a statement.

Where I think he’s probably wrong? I think this young man felt aggrieved by society. He couldn’t be normal. He couldn’t fit it. It’s quite human to be mad, then, at what is viewed as represenative of human society. It might have been a church in the past. Today? Political events represent the coming together.

But the grabbing onto this story? That’s media defensive tactics. Palin’s video, while completely trashed this week, left a burr in their side. Because it was right.

She was right, and they know it.

But my question is why is the Right so reactive at this point?

Really, who cares what some liberal pundits say or some editorials say. They have power only if you give it to them.

Where’s the real focus on the country and the discipline needed for this supposed move? Did people actually think going to a rally would be the end?

I ask this sincerely. To reverse the direction takes a lot more stamina than this, people.

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM

BREAKING:

james23 on January 15, 2011 at 9:59 AM

O gawd that’s funny.

I think we should put a Picture of ROMNEY on a milk carton since he is totally AWOL and MIA.

ROMNEY comes out ONCE a year on ground-hog day and get’s scared of his own shadow. Go back in your Hole mittens.

BWWWAHHHHHH.

Geochelone on January 15, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Copilot: Commander Palin … we’re taking heavy flak!!

darwin on January 15, 2011 at 9:50 AM

darwin:Superb,the B-17 is named, U-Betched,or Grizzly Mama!

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 10:12 AM

*****************Mitt Romney is MIA*************************

If you see him,please contact,
the SaraCudian Revolution Forces!!

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 10:14 AM

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 10:12 AM

You know what a MOAB is right?

Well a G-MOAB is a Grizzly Mother Of All Bombs.

Geochelone on January 15, 2011 at 10:15 AM

james23 on January 15, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I don’t care who ya are, that’s funny right dare.

B Man on January 15, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Proof that any ahole can stop a bullet.

Akzed on January 15, 2011 at 10:17 AM

darwin:Superb,the B-17 is named, U-Betched,or Grizzly Mama!

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 10:12 AM

The Flying Grizzly

darwin on January 15, 2011 at 10:17 AM

I am absolutely fine with dropping our weapons. As long as the rest of the planet does it FIRST./sarc

ProudPalinFan on January 15, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Mitt ROMNEY has been abducted by ROMULAN Aliens from the planet CYA.

Please contact the MUFON network and tell them “they” can keep his cowardly azz.

Geochelone on January 15, 2011 at 10:21 AM

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM

You make a good victim for a pschopath, I’ll fight back.

darwin-t on January 15, 2011 at 10:24 AM

My, my. Check out the latest from Charles Blow. Talk about massive walkback.

ddrintn on January 15, 2011 at 10:25 AM

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 10:12 AM
========================
You know what a MOAB is right?

Well a G-MOAB is a Grizzly Mother Of All Bombs.

Geochelone on January 15, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Geochelone:Yup,30,000lbs,G-MOAB,lol,your baaaaad,hehe!:)

canopfor on January 15, 2011 at 10:26 AM

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Because when you like somone who’s being attacked, you get p!ssed off.

Especially when the attackers are so full of crap.

B Man on January 15, 2011 at 10:29 AM

But my question is why is the Right so reactive at this point?

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Because people tend to get indignant over being unjustly accused of inciting mass murder?

ddrintn on January 15, 2011 at 10:32 AM

But my question is why is the Right so reactive at this point?

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Because the left controls the media. Their lies and distortions must be immediately challenged and corrected (e.g. Sarah Palin)

darwin on January 15, 2011 at 10:34 AM

But my question is why is the Right so reactive at this point?

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Because the only way for EVIL to spread is for GOOD men to say nothing

darwin-t on January 15, 2011 at 10:37 AM

But my question is why is the Right so reactive at this point?

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Because we’re fed up and we’re not going to take it anymore.

kingsjester on January 15, 2011 at 10:40 AM

You make a good victim for a psychopath, I’ll fight back.

darwin-t on January 15, 2011 at 10:24 AM

As will I.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 15, 2011 at 10:48 AM

But my question is why is the Right so reactive at this point?

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Rape Blood libel is like bad weather. As long as it’s inevitable, you might as well lie back and enjoy it.”

Fallon on January 15, 2011 at 10:51 AM

But my question is why is the Right so reactive at this point?

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Because we’re fed up and we’re not going to take it anymore.

kingsjester on January 15, 2011 at 10:40 AM

One would have to be blind to reality not to see what the stakes are at this point in American history. Feds taking over huge chunks of the private sector. A media that is not reporting news, but inventing it in order to push a political agenda. Film makers making movies pushing a political agenda for profit. Teachers and Professors pushing a political agenda, while rewriting important pieces of our history. Just to name a few causes and reasons…

Keemo on January 15, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Well, if you aren’t willing to “take it anymore,” you are probably setting yourself up for terrific problems.

You will take it. You will be attacked for everything.

And if that honestly is “more” than you can take, then you probably should bow out now.

Because this is a very, very obvious debate over the basics.

And I have to say, I see a bit of virtue on this side and on that side.

I think what’s really good, though, that people booted out the ideologues from the Left from Congress. (More to come on that, I suspect.)

Now, we’ll get down to serious compromise.

And I’m rather optimistic.

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 10:53 AM

In short, those of you who are in this game because you are waiting for fairness and whatever?

Boy, you’re going to get discouraged fast.

There are more Christies out there, waiting to tear down the Teaparty than you can imagine.

I’m already seeing stories of how actual Teaparty candidates are backing off.

Any surprise, really?

It takes more than one season to establish a real change.

Didn’t you get this?

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Now, we’ll get down to serious compromise.

And I’m rather optimistic.

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Still too many foxes in the henhouse for compromise.

The fact that you say you are a Palin supporter and can’t comprehend her stances and beliefs boggles a sane mine.

darwin-t on January 15, 2011 at 10:57 AM

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 10:56 AM

No, just exposing the shits for what they are. As for the tea party’s numbers, it’s irrelevant as long as the message resonates, which it is most definitely doing.

ddrintn on January 15, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Now, we’ll get down to serious compromise.

And I’m rather optimistic.

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Hmmmm, probably not possible. It’s hard to “compromise” with a group of people who, as AP pointed out in a post, think that accusing a whole group of mass murder is perfectly acceptable as long as it advances their agenda.

ddrintn on January 15, 2011 at 11:04 AM

This not a moment in the history of the American experiment where compromise is going to take place. Don’t get me wrong, the GOP establishment would go along with compromise in a heart beat because it’s the easier softer way. The American people will not allow for compromise any longer. We see our Republic taking on water.

Keemo on January 15, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Keemo on January 15, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Yep. And the garbage just keeps on coming.

kingsjester on January 15, 2011 at 11:09 AM

BTW, I’m waiting to see if Christie actually accomplishes his remarks.

My personal take? Palin was a lot more likeable and worked with her state congress prior to the national VP attention.

I wonder if he’s just not a complete blowhard.

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I think you need to consider the reality that you truly did win.

Sometimes, success scares people.

Don’t be so afraid to step into success.

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 11:16 AM

It you rearrange the letters TEA PARTY they spell ATE RAT PY [pie]!

That’s just evil!

It would drive anyone to shoot at Democrats, right?

profitsbeard on January 15, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Let me explain. I think the biggest problem was that progressives really didn’t accept their “win.”

They kept attacking.

Learn to win. It’s an important lesson.

AnninCA on January 15, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Fuller sounds like a nasty guy–or more accurately, a nasty lefty guy.

jeanie on January 15, 2011 at 11:26 AM

The named parties might have a suit against Fuller since he is very specific and definitely slanderous.

jeanie on January 15, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Forgive the 3 posts in a row, but it just dawned on me that it is Fuller who might be planning a suit and laying the groundwork. Or thinking he is anyway.

jeanie on January 15, 2011 at 11:31 AM