Chris Christie: Obama’s speech was excellent, Palin needs to be more unscripted

posted at 5:02 pm on January 13, 2011 by Allahpundit

First he endorses a “path to citizenship,” then he endorses Mike Castle, now this.

Dude, I think he might be the RINO messiah.

“I think people need to be judged by the way they conduct themselves in the public arena, in a way that is as minimally staged as possible,” he said. “That’s where you really get to know people.”

When it was noted that Ms. Palin has preferred communicating with the public in ways she can control, Mr. Christie said that “rightfully has been criticized.”…

“You have to look at it and see, what are they like when they’re tested, what are they like when they’re not scripted, what are they like when they’re pushed,” he said. “And I would contend to you that if Governor Palin never does any of those things, she’ll never be president, because people in America won’t countenance that. They just won’t.”

You’ll find his comments on The One’s speech and the obligatory defense of Palin’s nonviolent intentions below. I know Palinistas are going to tear him apart in the comments, but isn’t this … good, constructive advice? I’ve made the same point before about her venturing out from behind the Fox News curtain to sit down with a fair reporter (e.g., Jake Tapper) for a freewheeling policy exchange. To her credit, she actually has started venturing out, chatting late last year with a Times reporter for their big Sunday Magazine piece about her advisors and with Robin Roberts and Barbara Walters for profile segments on ABC. Those weren’t policy interviews, though, and as much as her supporters like to point to her speeches and Facebook posts over the past few months on ObamaCare and quantitative easing, Christie’s right about the public wanting to see prospective candidates “tested” and “pushed.” That’s especially important for someone like Palin who, unfairly or not, is routinely derided by big media as a dimwit when they’re not busy calling her a murderer. After the Katie Couric interview and all the SNL skits, the only way to crack the ice of hardened public perceptions about “qualifications” is to bust through in real time.

Just as I’m writing this, news is breaking that she’s agreed to an interview tonight about her “blood libel” comment — with Sean Hannity. Exit question: How much longer until the big guy here really does start to be thought of as a squish? We’re still looking for a keynoter at RINOcon, you know.

Update: Scratch that last part. The Hannity interview is apparently set for Monday, not tonight.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Debate what she writes, or leave her alone.

NoNails on January 13, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Make me, HA police!

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:22 PM

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 7:09 PM

You’re really a one-trick pony, aren’t you?

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Does that foul smell always accompany your posts?

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 7:23 PM

silvernana on January 13, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Oops, should be “The leaders of her own party “are” hanging her out to day instead of “is”.

silvernana on January 13, 2011 at 7:23 PM

because people in America won’t countenance that. They just won’t.

Christie

Ummm, excuse me Governor, but they did it in 2008! Are you kidding me????

Saltysam on January 13, 2011 at 7:25 PM

The leaders of her own party is hanging her out to dry as her life is threatened by the loony left and the vile and hateful criticism is forcing her to seek protection for herself and her family. They’re going for the throat, to destroy her once and for all. If they are allowed to get by with that, we have no hope. John McCain, you gutless wonder, where are you? Why, the same place he was when members of his campaign staff were all over TV smearing her. None of them have a spine, and that especially includes the ball-less Mitt Romney.

silvernana on January 13, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Boy are you right. It is the same thing they did to her after the 2008 election, and she still came back to the lower 48 to campaign for REPUBLICAN candidates – including McCain. She has been dismally treated and the party does not deserve a loyal patriot such as herself.

KickandSwimMom on January 13, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Does that foul smell always accompany your posts?

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 7:23 PM

I dunno. Ask around. A lot of posters here like me. The ones that don’t, well, I don’t really care that they don’t.

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Make me, HA police!

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:22 PM

LMAO ! What is this “Special Ed” Second-grader troll day ??

*scoff*

cableguy615 on January 13, 2011 at 7:26 PM

It’s sort of funny watching a number of people here, saying what Sarah Palin should or shouldn’t do…
She’s done amazingly well over the last few years, and as been called “DONE“, to many times to mention.

So many over you are living in the moment, and base your decisions on what you feel right now.
I think this episode will just make her stronger in the long run, and I support Her more than ever.
There is nothing much else they can throw at her, now that they have accused Her of murder!

She will be on Hannity Monday night for round two. Can’t wait….

So for the time being, chill out.

idesign on January 13, 2011 at 7:26 PM

tiger wow good comeback./
Quit being an idiot.

CWforFreedom on January 13, 2011 at 7:27 PM

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 7:09 PM

silvernana on January 13, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Right you are, silvernana. I have never seen such lockstep cowardice. Grand Old Party, my left foot. More like Grand Old P*%%*&s

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 7:27 PM

KickandSwimMom on January 13, 2011 at 7:25 PM

She doesn’t do it for the party, she does it for the country.

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Um, Palin is too scripted/controlled, but he liked Obama’s speech? lol

Midas on January 13, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Christie is CORRECT.

Palin needs to get out from behind Facebook and play ball.

Unscripted, unrehearsed and on the fly.

So far, she’s awful. She relies on repeating the same buzz wordz and talking points.

She doesn’t have Reagan’s comfort level and talent for making it look easy. She doesn’t have Clinton’s ability to shuck and jive in an intelligent and convincing manner.

She is years away from being able to hang with the big dogs.

rickyricardo on January 13, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Midas you gotta question the fatman’s ability to be rational.

CWforFreedom on January 13, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Nobody likes Sarah Palin but the people.

Well, at least 22% of the people, anyway.

YYZ on January 13, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Citing an old C-BS “poll” from October 2010 won’t help you Palin-fearers.

The most recent polls on her are over 1 month old. And they have her 8-10 points higher than 22%

Remember, C-BS has regularly been busted for poll sampling manipulation, usually by over-sampling 10% to as much as 20% more Dems than Republicans, in order to get the “results” they desire.

Del Dolemonte on January 13, 2011 at 7:31 PM

sesquipedalian on January 13, 2011 at 6:20 PM

You reap what you sow!

capejasmine on January 13, 2011 at 7:32 PM

rickyricardo on January 13, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Your teeny tiny drum

Keep beating it…

Inanemergencydial on January 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Well, I’m sure she did it more for her country, but she did a hell of a lot for the republican party, and I don’t see much thanks coming her way. Do you?

KickandSwimMom on January 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

silvernana on January 13, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Just don’t give a dime to the RNC or any other republican org., and explain why….
They called me for a donation, and I told them since they didn’t have Palin’s back, they would not get a dime from me……
They weren’t to happy…LOL

idesign on January 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I don’t have a problem with the criticism… other than it’s obvious. Yes, of course she’ll have to do more unscripted events.

I think when she announces, she’ll put on the candidate hat and do what candidates do. Until then, she doesn’t really have a reason to do anything she doesn’t want to.

powerpro on January 13, 2011 at 7:34 PM

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:26 PM

You said yourself in a previous post to me that you come here to snark. I don’t. I’m not in eighth grade. I don’t come here to attack others because I can’t handle my issues.

You initiated engagement me with a nasty comment. So mature, juvenileingray. You won’t get the ball rolling because I won’t waste much more time with you. Just know that I’m glad you have such a high opinion of yourself and that as you say, “a lot of posters” like you. You must run for HA class president then, don’t you think?

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 7:35 PM

KickandSwimMom on January 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

She did a hell of a lot for republican candidates…candidates who got elected and the party seems not totally happy about it. Why would they thank her?

They still are unaware. It’s gonna take ’12 to get their attention. After that, it won’t matter very much.

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:35 PM

sesquipedalian on January 13, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Citing a Leftist rag that endorsed Palin’s opponent in 2008?

F-

Del Dolemonte on January 13, 2011 at 7:35 PM

It’s funny that she’s receiving this criticism. I’m not seeing it being leveled against Romney or any of the other presumed candidates.

But the rules seem to be different for Palin.

powerpro on January 13, 2011 at 7:36 PM

idesign on January 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

See, that is what you do!

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:36 PM

KickandSwimMom on January 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

What “heck of a lot” has Palin done for the GOP? I’m not saying she hasn’t had some impact, but as I see it today, the ‘nistas are splitting the Republican party, as anyone who doesn’t fully idolize the woman is an “elitist”, a “RINO”. and yes, a “troll”.

JetBoy on January 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM

But the rules seem to be different for Palin.

powerpro on January 13, 2011 at 7:36 PM

She’s the one they all fear…..

idesign on January 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Debate what she writes, or leave her alone.

NoNails on January 13, 2011 at 7:19 PM

ladyingray is still smarting from an exchange we had a while back where she admitted that she is pro-abortion.

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 7:38 PM

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I’m not that popular. And you really proved your maturity in that post, didn’t you?

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:38 PM

powerpro on January 13, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Exactly. It’s not even primary season. But the world just can’t get enough of Sarah.

No one’s going to remember Obama’s speech. It was boring. But Blood Libel is still searing through the media’s psyche.

John the Libertarian on January 13, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Well, at least 22% of the people, anyway.

YYZ on January 13, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Does it hurt pulling numbers out of your as* that fast ?

You can like Sarah Palin as much as you want, but you can’t pretend she’s that popular.

YYZ on January 13, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Says the Leftist tool who cherry picked a single poll from 3 months ago, totally ignoring subsequent polls that show her 8-10% higher.

F-

Del Dolemonte on January 13, 2011 at 7:39 PM

John the Libertarian on January 13, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I agree. LOL*

She so does hit that button.

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 7:40 PM

I am deathly afraid she will be president in this decade

sesquipedalian on January 13, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Fixed.

Del Dolemonte on January 13, 2011 at 7:41 PM

JetBoy on January 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM

There is no doubt that the republicans have the House because of the work Palin and the Tea Party put in in 2010. Look at the slate of Tea Party representatives. If you think that the republicans were going to get voted back into power without the Tea Party you’re deluding yourself. Prior to the midterm election, republicans were the least popular party when polled for party identification. More people consider themselves independent, tea partiers or conservative. Nobody wants to call themselves a “republican.” I know I don’t.

KickandSwimMom on January 13, 2011 at 7:43 PM

John the Libertarian on January 13, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I wondered last year if Palin used the term “death panel” as a deliberate media tweak because she knew they couldn’t help themselves from attacking it, unwittingly helping her redefine the debate to be about government rationing care.

I no longer wonder. I think she uses terms that are a bit explosive, knowing the leftist media cannot help but respond so she gives them enough rope to help them hang themselves with it.

(I hope that last sentence wasn’t too violent and scary!!!)

powerpro on January 13, 2011 at 7:43 PM

jetboy, even Michelle Bachman pulled out of the great Teaparty convention. Sarah didn’t. She stuck to principles, which is that people getting involved is good.

She just plowed right through all the pundit advice.

As a result, and I definitely think people pay attention to her, 44 new representatives from the Teaparty showed up January 5th.

That’s astounding, and every politician in this country knows it. No wonder they try to smite her.

They absolutely see that, know that they couldn’t begin to duplicate that, and they are flummoxed.

She can’t win the middle. Yet she totally is their bread and butter.

It is the GOP dillema.

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I am not pro-abortion. I don’t want any woman to have one, but I’m not going to tell a woman she can’t have one. There is no way I could look a woman in the eyes and tell her she canNOT abort the baby of her rapist. I’m sorry if that doesn’t fit with your beliefs, but it doesn’t have to.

Can’t you argue your position on any topic without bringing up abortion, one trick pony? And if someone disagrees with you, can’t you resist a comment on how they “stink”? And if they don’t agree with you, can’t you resist the urge to call them names?

Yeah, I’d definitely say that you are mature./

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM

JetBoy on January 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM

JetBoy, Elitists and RINOs exist, yes? And Palin is being attacked by elitists and RINOs, almost to a “man”, yes? Then why is stating the obvious a problem? As for trolls, they are mythical as far as I know, although a few have been known to leave their under-bridge homes for the heights of HA. ;)

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 7:45 PM

(I hope that last sentence wasn’t too violent and scary!!!)

powerpro on January 13, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I don’t think she’s a strategy-type thinker at all.

I think she’s honestly a modern woman Teddy Roosevelt.

She is who she is.

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 7:46 PM

She can’t win the middle.
AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Only in your mind…..

idesign on January 13, 2011 at 7:46 PM

John the Libertarian on January 13, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I can’t disagree with this. His speech was good, but too long and rambling. Her speech was to the point and had that great money line.

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:47 PM

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 7:45 PM

*whoosh*

You missed my point…or dare I ask, what is an “elitist”? Or a “RINO”? According to most of Palin’s ardent core support, all you have to do is offer up criticism of Sarah Palin, and you are one of those. That’s all it takes.

JetBoy on January 13, 2011 at 7:48 PM

(I hope that last sentence wasn’t too violent and scary!!!)

powerpro on January 13, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Inciteful discourse!!!!

;)

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:49 PM

I think the public has been completely surprised that such a woman exists.

And yet, she does. I disagree with Rove that the Alaskan show wasn’t presidential.

I think Sarah is who she is. If people are attracted, then that’s fine.

If not, she’ll deal.

But unfairly characterizing her as provoking violence? That crossed a line.

And she spoke out. I’m personally glad she did. And I liked her message alot.

But then, I think I’m just as smart as these pundits. I do listen, but I would wager 75% of the time, they have nothing new to offer to me.

That probably says I think too much.

But whatever, I think the public now ‘gets’ Sarah Palin. That’s why the left attack on her failed.

And their backlash today is nothing more than what a lot of people feel when their ex’s move on to another woman.

They are wincing at the disregard for their opinion.

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Hey JetBoy.

Did you see my comment where I asked you to post a link of all the other non-Fox News interviews by the other potential 2012 candidates in the last two years.

If you demand this of Palin then I am sure you can prove your point by showing how she is the only 2012 hopeful that is not giving interview after interview to the MSM.

When Palin runs for president she will do plenty of interviews for you to critique.

chief on January 13, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Run Sarah Run!, all in, no holds bar, sock it to em sister!! Win or lose, make get all weeweed up!!! Baby your a firework!

shar61 on January 13, 2011 at 7:51 PM

the baby of her rapist.
ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM

We all know how common that is.

CWforFreedom on January 13, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Lady pro-choice pro-abortion the same thing.

CWforFreedom on January 13, 2011 at 7:53 PM

When I say she can’t win the Middle, I mean, she probably will have a hard time with people who vote according to momentum.

And that’s pretty much a human thing in a democracy.

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Oh please, I’m pro-choice. Yet I totally respect the idea of keeping government out of this, entirely.

Let it go!

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Glenn Reynolds attempted to explain the lamestream media’s Palin obsession today.

“Here’s what’s going on in the dance between Palin and what she calls the “lamestream” media: Every time they attack her, they wind up doing something that hurts them worse than it hurts her. She may not become President, and she may not even want to be President — though, regardless, it’s in her interest to keep everyone guessing as long as possible — but with little more than an Internet connection and Facebook she’s done more lasting harm to their position than anybody else. Last night Barack Obama threw them under the bus over the whole “rhetoric” question, just hours after she had managed to work them into a snarling frenzy with an Internet video. Even though it’s hurting them, they can’t — and I mean, literally, psychologically can’t — leave her alone. And she’s getting rich the whole time.

So I don’t know about “Presidential,” but who’s dumb, here?”

idesign on January 13, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Anyway, her speech is sticking in my head more than Obama’s speech is.

I think that’s because he can’t quite get into specifics. He’s the standing president. She’s not.

But I really, really liked alot of her ideas about discourse that she put foward.

I think she really nailed it. It is honestly OK to be passionate.

Then, we vote.

Then, we move on.

I liked that blueprint.

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM

chief on January 13, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Yes…sorry, thought I covered your post in another reply. First off, I nor any other GOPer that I know of is “demanding” Palin give interviews, only questioning why she won’t do them unless they are “friendly”. Either do no interviews, or do all you can. Like early in The One’s presidency when he and his administration were trying to shut out FOX News. It was wrong of him, and it’s wrong of her.

As for all the other candidates and hopefuls, again…not talking about them. This is about Palin. Y’all are forever singing her praises as such a great potential candidate, why can’t she prove herself to any interviewer?

That’s all I’m asking.

JetBoy on January 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM

You are pro-abortion, and favor abortion for more than children who are conceived through rape, although even if you targeted only these children, it makes you pro-abortion. The fact that you attacked my last post because I mentioned abortion says much about your wish to censor me and your problem with pro-life views, obamaingray.

I will go back and find our exchange where your pro-abort views were admitted to, if I have to. Be mature, ladyingray and own your pro-abort views, and screw those little unborn victims that you’re trying to forget by trying to silence me.

It makes sense to me now that you think Palin’s supporters should shut up and stop supporting her because she can handle it, as you say. You wouldn’t know what to do if you took 1/1000th of her pressure, and yet you have the nerve to judge that she’s just fine on her own and Palin supporters should shut up. Maybe because Palin is pro-life also.

btw, do you support abortion when it comes to Downs Syndrome babies, too? That you just couldn’t “force” a woman to have a Downs child?

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 7:40 PM
AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM
AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 7:46 PM
AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 7:50 PM
AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 7:53 PM
AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 7:55 PM

OK! Whatever you say Uncle Joseph.

Inanemergencydial on January 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM

CWforFreedom on January 13, 2011 at 7:51 PM

I know that, but how do you feel about this situation? Honestly.

CWforFreedom on January 13, 2011 at 7:53 PM

I disagree, but that’s okay with me.

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM

The tribe of Marx hates the term blood libel. She used it, they own the media and pulled out all the stops to try and destroy her, again.

Palin needs to know that since she’s a Christian, they are going to be coming hard after her.

True_King on January 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Ann, do you like grammar?

faraway on January 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM

And those who aren’t mentally ill, do move on. LOL*

Those who aren’t……well, we do see them in society and even at teaparties.

Lordy, the birthers are really into conspiracy think. They remind me of a sister-in-law I had in my early 20′s. She was convinced we hadn’t really landed on the moon.

Boy, you simply cannot talk people out of irrational thinking.

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 7:59 PM

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM

That would be up to the woman.

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 8:00 PM

You just proved my point.

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 6:48 PM

so much for my attempt to make the blind see.

unseen on January 13, 2011 at 8:00 PM

OK! Whatever you say Uncle Joseph.

Inanemergencydial on January 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Whose that?

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 8:01 PM

*whoosh*

JetBoy on January 13, 2011 at 7:48 PM

JetBoy, how can you make any point about people being called elitists or RINOs if you A) Can’t define an elitist or RINO as per your above question, or B) don’t believe either exists?

Define your terms, then propose your argument, JetBoy.
You tell us what defines an elitist or RINO and then tell us whether they do or do not attack Palin.

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Ann, do you like grammar?

faraway on January 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM

OK, I sped over your head, I guess?

I do think she’s like Teddy R., though.

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 8:02 PM

JetBoy on January 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Oh stop.

Fully idolize?

Please, try to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Saltysam on January 13, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Do not give a dime to the RNC!

Do not give a dime to the RNC!

Do not give a dime to the RNC!

Do not give a dime to the RNC!

Do not give a dime to the RNC!

idesign on January 13, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Define your terms, then propose your argument, JetBoy.

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I haven’t at all denied Elitists and RINOS don’t exist…I simply want to know, from you, what constitutes them? What is a RINO? And an elitist?

Apparently you either can’t answer that, or won’t.

JetBoy on January 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM

idesign on January 13, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Never!

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I think Sarah has clearly drawn a picture of herself that is quite different from Obama, Romney, and even Huckabee.

She’s accomplished the true goal of most politics already.

Now, we’ll see.

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 8:06 PM

but for conservatives, now it’s less dangerous to talk about it.

sesquipedalian on January 13, 2011 at 6:49 PM

ROFL….you think so? does strength in numbers now make the RINos brave? When the mob attacks does it make you all brave to join the mob to denounce a good lady? Was she too tough for you all when you were by yourself?

here is a news item for you. Palin is still the front runner for conservatives. Her career isn’t dead, she isn’t finished and she hasn’t even began to counter yet. if you think a unhinged smear and blood libel can “finish’ of the woman I got a bridge to sell you. And for your information gov chrisite just showed how politically stupid he is be saying what he said. 2 months ago Chrisite was considered a conservative . today most people understand he is a RINO at the best a liberal at the worse.

I truely have never seen such politcal mistepping form a national figure as I have with Gov chrisite over the last couple months. He could have been POTUS if he would have kept his big mouth shut but he allowed the GOp establishment to use him to furhter their ends. Touse him to try to shut up the conservatives about the GZM, to use him to try to get Castle elected. now he is allowing them to us ehim to be an attack dog on Gov Palin at the worse politcal time in history to do it.

Gov chrisite should have stayed in the minors becaus ehe isn’t ready for primetime.

unseen on January 13, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Apparently you either can’t answer that, or won’t.

JetBoy on January 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I’d say courage of convictions. I think RINO is a slur, meant to disparage the person as being unwilling to stand up for convictions.

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Apparently you either can’t answer that, or won’t.

JetBoy on January 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM

ATM for me its a rep that mouths Reaganism while worshiping at the alter of Bushism. tha tis a RINO in a nutshell.

Hey you want to be a bushite that’s fine nothing wrong with it. Just say it loud and say it proud. the problem comes when these people pretend to be a Reaganite conservative then govern as if they were Bush’s twin brother.

See the problem is that a liberal Bushite can not get elected in the GOp party. therefore they must hide who they are to gain victory then once elected they pull the ol switch a ro

unseen on January 13, 2011 at 8:11 PM

True_King on January 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM

you think Palin didn’t understand what her words would unleash? Of course she did. Their actions painted for all to see just what they are.

unseen on January 13, 2011 at 8:13 PM

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM

That would be up to the woman.

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 8:00 PM

So, that makes you pro-abortion when it comes to aborting babies conceived through rape and aborting babies with Downs Syndrome. And why don’t you just come out and admit that you believe that abortion itself “is up to the woman” because I have to go now, but I will look for that post where your pro-abort views were plainly stated, as if the above weren’t enough. How you can think that you can hold these views which are plainly pro-abortion and then post a comment insulting me for mentioning pro-life views because you think you can censor me while you fake the meme that you’re pro-life is just plain weird. Please stop.

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 8:15 PM

JetBoy on January 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Of course.

I forgot we had to hold Palin to a different standard than the other possible 2012 candidates because of the “nistas”.

My bad.

chief on January 13, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Wait til the campaign. She’ll be unscripted and unleashed. It won’t be pretty for liberals.

long_cat on January 13, 2011 at 8:16 PM

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Who’s convictions?

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Apparently you either can’t answer that, or won’t.

JetBoy on January 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I can, but you’re right in that I won’t. I don’t have a problem with the term or in knowing who they are and that they indeed are shredding Palin like a pack of hyenas.

I will give you a quick example of persons, without a definition (I Have to go)

Elitist – obama and minions

RINO – Christie, Krauthammer, Scott Brown

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Obama is a deceiver, a dissembler
His Bloody Shirt is alight
From what rally or banner
Shall it next dangle in the night?

What infernal serpent
Has lent him his forked tongue?
From what pit of foul deceit
Have all twisted deceptions sprung?

What red devil of mendacity
Grips his sick soul with such tenacity?
Will not more in a nation he so cruelly showers with lies
Shine the Light of Truth between his empty eyes?

PercyB on January 13, 2011 at 8:20 PM

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 8:15 PM

It is up to the woman. Stating that doesn’t mean I would tell a woman to have an abortion or to advise her to have one. Nor does it mean I support tax dollars to pay for them.

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 8:22 PM

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Who’s convictions?

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 8:16 PM

I wouldn’t start up with Ann. Like you she believes abortion should be “up to the woman”. Don’t mess with a fellow pro-abort, they’re kind of rare here at HA.

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 8:23 PM

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 8:15 PM

I merely asked if you could make your argument without bringing up abortion. That isn’t censoring, that is just wondering if you have any other thoughts.

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Remember, Christie
To Everything a Season
It’s not time yet

Right now Palin is sniping from cover and living in the heads of the Lefties rent-free. This is a good place for her to build up her credibility and keep in the public mind.

Then, if she wants to run for President someday, she will be well positioned to run a conventional campaign. It’s not time for that yet. There is no upside to giving the obviously hostile MSM an extra year to tear her apart.

Right now, Palin is running rings around any other politician, including President Obama. The “Blood Libel” quote was a brilliant move. Sure, it is a little bit hyperbolic. But then again, so was “Death Panels”. That is why it sticks in the public mind and frames the entire debate going forward.

Haiku Guy on January 13, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Those who have lynched (even verbally) Sarah Palin are like the KKK of old, except she is their Black Man. They are therefore the neo-KKK Lynch Mob. By not admonishing the neo-KKK Lynch Mob, Barack Obama, who holds the office of President, although probably illegally, has by his silence endorsed the neo-KKK Lynch Mob, so therefore he is the neo-KKK Lynch Mob Imperial Wizard. Republicans with a national forum who have not denounced the neo-KKK Lynch Mob and the Neo-KKK Lynch Mob Imperial Wizard, are craved cowards. Those such as Copious Christie who instead attack Sarah Palin, are morally bereft craven cowards.

Luka on January 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Yes, it is good advice.

Probably never because he ain’t.

AshleyTKing on January 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Sigh. Why are you now trying to tell me what to do?

I’m asking her a question for clarification. Who’s convictions determine who is a RINO or an elitist? Hers? Mine? Yours? Jet Boy?

Her definition needs further defining.

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Haiku Guy on January 13, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Not ‘hyperbolic’ at all, but spot on

Luka on January 13, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Yes, the super duper popular Sarah Palin is third behind Hucksterbee and Romney in Iowa.

She polls a horrid 11%.

Yeah, she’s swimmingly popular.

rickyricardo on January 13, 2011 at 8:28 PM

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 8:22 PM

No, it means you are pro-abortion and willing to let the killing continue, providing your generous criteria listed above is met. Forty million have been murdered according to your criteria, and countless mothers’ and fathers’ lives shattered. You’re pro-abortion. Own it. Then try to change that sorry condition.

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 8:30 PM

I read that this morning. Unfriggin’believable. He is very, VERY ill-informed on all matters Palin-she pushes a centimeter, she gets trashed by a ton.

ProudPalinFan on January 13, 2011 at 8:30 PM

unseen on January 13, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Apparently, he currently has a demanding job running a state government. He seems to be sticking with it though.

dedalus on January 13, 2011 at 8:34 PM

rickyricardo on January 13, 2011 at 8:28 PM

If so, whya re you worried about her? One of your dream candidates will cruise to victory innit? Whya re spedning your ammon on a third level candidate?

promachus on January 13, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Christie met Palin at a game meeting and was very nice to her. Probably he asked for a vice-prez spot and she baulked, he has been attacking her ever since, probably aduitionaing to for vice of other candidates. Slimeball.

promachus on January 13, 2011 at 8:36 PM

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Try some honesty, since after all, your post is memorialized. You said to me, “You really are a one-trick pony, aren’t you?” That’s called an insult in the adult world.

Whatever your issues are, (and there must be quite a few, because I don’t know many people who when asked, admit they are pro-abortion but try to pretend they aren’t and get crazy just hearing pro-life talk), you won’t find any success trying to straighten them out on my watch. In fact, you’re going to run into a wall of epic fail, time after time.

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 8:37 PM

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 8:37 PM

I thought you had to go…

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Whatever your issues are, …you won’t find any success trying to straighten them out on my watch. In fact, you’re going to run into a wall of epic fail, time after time.

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 8:37 PM

What do you mean, ‘your watch’?

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 8:39 PM

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 8:38 PM

You are toast. She will now stalk you for days.

Knucklehead on January 13, 2011 at 8:41 PM

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 8:37 PM

I thought you had to go…

ladyingray on January 13, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I do. But next time you engage me with an insult, we can do this all over again, and then some.

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Allahpundit, not when she is at harm’s way. BTW normal people under such strenuous pressure from all sides would hunker down with family and intimate friends.

Leave the retaliation to us. Sean Hannity? Nuh-uh.

ProudPalinFan on January 13, 2011 at 8:41 PM