Chris Christie: Obama’s speech was excellent, Palin needs to be more unscripted

posted at 5:02 pm on January 13, 2011 by Allahpundit

First he endorses a “path to citizenship,” then he endorses Mike Castle, now this.

Dude, I think he might be the RINO messiah.

“I think people need to be judged by the way they conduct themselves in the public arena, in a way that is as minimally staged as possible,” he said. “That’s where you really get to know people.”

When it was noted that Ms. Palin has preferred communicating with the public in ways she can control, Mr. Christie said that “rightfully has been criticized.”…

“You have to look at it and see, what are they like when they’re tested, what are they like when they’re not scripted, what are they like when they’re pushed,” he said. “And I would contend to you that if Governor Palin never does any of those things, she’ll never be president, because people in America won’t countenance that. They just won’t.”

You’ll find his comments on The One’s speech and the obligatory defense of Palin’s nonviolent intentions below. I know Palinistas are going to tear him apart in the comments, but isn’t this … good, constructive advice? I’ve made the same point before about her venturing out from behind the Fox News curtain to sit down with a fair reporter (e.g., Jake Tapper) for a freewheeling policy exchange. To her credit, she actually has started venturing out, chatting late last year with a Times reporter for their big Sunday Magazine piece about her advisors and with Robin Roberts and Barbara Walters for profile segments on ABC. Those weren’t policy interviews, though, and as much as her supporters like to point to her speeches and Facebook posts over the past few months on ObamaCare and quantitative easing, Christie’s right about the public wanting to see prospective candidates “tested” and “pushed.” That’s especially important for someone like Palin who, unfairly or not, is routinely derided by big media as a dimwit when they’re not busy calling her a murderer. After the Katie Couric interview and all the SNL skits, the only way to crack the ice of hardened public perceptions about “qualifications” is to bust through in real time.

Just as I’m writing this, news is breaking that she’s agreed to an interview tonight about her “blood libel” comment — with Sean Hannity. Exit question: How much longer until the big guy here really does start to be thought of as a squish? We’re still looking for a keynoter at RINOcon, you know.

Update: Scratch that last part. The Hannity interview is apparently set for Monday, not tonight.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

The new Romney?

joe_doufu on January 13, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Mr Teleprompter Pres isn’t scripted?

Beaglemom on January 13, 2011 at 5:04 PM

I think you are taking a free wheeling unscripted opinions of Christie a touch to serious. I can easily see sitting in a bar with this guy and having him say the same thing.

rob verdi on January 13, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Just too funny. I think we all know that Obama is far more scripted than Palin, and gets into trouble if he’s ever pushed off-script

tom on January 13, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Squishious Maximus

faraway on January 13, 2011 at 5:06 PM

He’s also a gun grabber and is all about the Ground Zero Mosque.

Big Orange on January 13, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I am a Palinista.

I agree with Christie.

Wide Brush much, Allahpundit?

portlandon on January 13, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Is my brain not functioning? I thought O gave the crudest speech ever. Now Christie’s throwing Palin under the bus. Republicans eat their own.

andy85719 on January 13, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Dude, I think he might be the RINO messiah.

You wanted him Allah, he is ALLLL yours, big boy!

upinak on January 13, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I really hope that this stroking of Democrats is some sort of campaign strategy to win over independents for 2012.

Greed on January 13, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Don’t forget his high-horse snootiness regarding the Ground Zero Mosque; that wasn’t exactly his proudest moment.

KingGold on January 13, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Blowhard…

But, Palin choosing to sit down w/ Hannity first on Monday is irritating.. hell, I’d even take O’Reilly at this point. Hannity is the biggest softballer..

davek70 on January 13, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Agreed, Chris

blatantblue on January 13, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Palin must disagree with Christie if she’s doing her first sit down interview with Hannity…

ninjapirate on January 13, 2011 at 5:09 PM

It’s true. She does need to be more unscripted.

lorien1973 on January 13, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Not gonna see a lot of “Christie in 2012″ signs.

Guess he’s stuck in Trenton. Pretty short political career if you ask me.

coldwarrior on January 13, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Wide Brush much, Allahpundit?

portlandon on January 13, 2011 at 5:06 PM

We’ll know by the end of the thread, pal!

blatantblue on January 13, 2011 at 5:09 PM

andy85719 on January 13, 2011 at 5:07 PM

What are you talking about? How the hell did he throw her under the bus? He simply said that if she wants to be president, that she has to stop relying on Fox News and Facebook to communicate with the public. Jesus, he crucified her good with that one huh?

thphilli on January 13, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Coming from Mr. Scripted himself… “The teachers’ union response was that this was the greatest assault on public education in the history of this state” X 10,000

Caper29 on January 13, 2011 at 5:10 PM

I have zero interest in tearing the guy apart. I mostly just want to nuzzle his big, fat cheeks and listen to him rail against the unions.

So far as Palin criticism goes, this is pretty reasonable.

myrenovations on January 13, 2011 at 5:10 PM

The new Romney?

joe_doufu on January 13, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Please.

And of course, Christie will join Rove, Krauthammer, et al under that Palin bus. Not because of Palin…but at the behest of the ‘nistas.

Christie is right, to an extent…although Palin’s “blood libel” vid statement was one of her best, and as AP says above, she needs to start getting out there and giving more interviews with various media. Tapper, as AP said, would be perfect.

But if you can’t face down and pwn the MSM talking heads, you can’t face down world leaders…or our enemies.

JetBoy on January 13, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I liked him concerning school teachers and cutbacks. Other than that, there isn’t much there.

upinak on January 13, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Allah,

Just to let you know, many folks from both sides of the aisle have been defending Palin over the past few days. Some balance would be prudent. Otherwise, you’re just contributing to the problem.

Right Wingnut

takeamericabackin10 on January 13, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Greed on January 13, 2011 at 5:08 PM

When you are the Republican Governor of an overwhelmingly Democratic state that still gives Obama his highest approval ratings, you might want to say good things about him when you can.

rockmom on January 13, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Looks like we’ve created a monster!

ctmom on January 13, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Well who exactly should she sit down with, AP? Tapper maybe, but ABCNews hasn’t exactly been fair with her during this debacle. They led the charge yesterday with accusing her of playing the victim.

Believe me, I want her to start doing sitdowns with the so-called mainstream news outlets. But who the hell can this woman trust anymore? Who can anyone in the GOP trust? Look at what they’re trying to do with Boehner already. You think these thugs can’t trash Mittens or Huckster just as easily as Palin? Hell, Huckster actually IS somewhat responsible for the deaths of innocent people. Imagine how they’ll run with that one.

As for the Hannity interview, I’d prefer O’Reilly or even Greta. But I guess it’s still good that she’s putting herself out there. Aside from interviews with other news sources, I’d also like to see her start venturing out of that home studio in Wasilla. I think face-to-face encounters with the drive-bys might at least lead them to feel a little more inclined to be fair-and-balanced.

Doughboy on January 13, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Aaaaand here comes Allahpundit with his passive-aggressive “RINO” shtick.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on January 13, 2011 at 5:12 PM

The meme is dead. Long live the meme!

sleepy-beans on January 13, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I like and respect Christie and the job he has done in NJ, but someone needs to give him the memo:

This is a coordinated, irrational attack on a good woman and conservative beyond anything we have ever seen in modern politics. Conservatives leaders must throw back ridicule in the complicit media’s faces, and keep on doing it, and keeping on counter-attacking. You cannot have civility in discourse until the brutal attacks of the lefties are called out and ridiculed by name.

What they have done to Palin is what they are going to any Republican frontrunner. Mr. Christie, what has happened to Palin is what they intend to do to you.

mwbri on January 13, 2011 at 5:12 PM

If she’s going to be president , she has to be in the white house.
Why isn’t she in the white house now?

Oh , she’s preparing herself , ok ok.

the_nile on January 13, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Don’t care, still love Christie. He’s the most competent Governor in America, both in message and in practice.

jimmy the notable on January 13, 2011 at 5:13 PM

I don’t think Palin needs any advice. Her political instincts are far superior to most. I don’t blame her for assuming that the same media who, in the past, has left her best moments on the cutting room floor and manufactured ties to murderers out of whole cloth, will eagerly do so again. If she starts taking advice from everyone and stops following her own instincts she will wind up just like every other establishment type–someone who can’t get a crowd of 27 to some see them speak if they give away free iphones.

Kataklysmic on January 13, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Jesus, he crucified her good with that one huh?

thphilli on January 13, 2011 at 5:10 PM

That is a term as rhetorically charged as Blood libel.

How dare you!

portlandon on January 13, 2011 at 5:13 PM

You forgot his pro-Ground Zero Mosque stance, as well as his glaring anti-gun positions.

MadisonConservative on January 13, 2011 at 5:14 PM

jimmy the notable on January 13, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Possibly. However, conservative he ain’t.

MadisonConservative on January 13, 2011 at 5:14 PM

mwbri on January 13, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Not if he bows to their will.

the_nile on January 13, 2011 at 5:14 PM

takeamericabackin10 on January 13, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Oh look. Spamming across threads.

MadisonConservative on January 13, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Oh….how about all of 8 seconds.

tencole on January 13, 2011 at 5:15 PM

It is.

But no one is allowed to criticize Ms.Palin, including you AP.

Knucklehead on January 13, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Palin certainly did not support Castle, but last I heard she supported a path to citizenship. Unless she has changed that position.

I don’t think Christie is really saying anything that critical here, I read a post the Anchoress did some time back saying much the same thing. The idea is that the only way Palin can make more people see her as a well rounded intelligent person is to get outside her comfort zone and engage the media.

Most Palin people just think none of this will matter because the media is so dead set against her that she can’t change their perceptions.

Terrye on January 13, 2011 at 5:16 PM

It’s solid advice, and coming from someone that she should pay attention to.

Zekecorlain on January 13, 2011 at 5:16 PM

My head hurts.

moonsbreath on January 13, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Something about Christie rubs me the wrong way but he is correct here; Palin will do well to diversify her media appearances if she is going to run for president. Perhaps she will in time. Of course right now it would be a fatal mistake with all the chum-hungry sharks still in the water.

RedRedRice on January 13, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Someone help me out here and tell me what they disagree with in this statement. Does anyone really think Facebook posts, softball interviews with Sean Hannity, e-mails to Glenn Beck, and staged videos are going to get Sarah Palin elected President?

rockmom on January 13, 2011 at 5:16 PM

rob verdi on January 13, 2011 at 5:05 PM

And your point is??

tencole on January 13, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Interesting. She just came out of major crisis where she was smeared egregiously and she handled it as well as anyone and these people demand being unscripted now. As if we don’t know that if she had done an “unscripted” video, these same hyenas would tear her for not being serious or presidential enough.

Christie is being a fool when he praises and Obama and disses Palin. Man, wasn’t Obama reading from a teleprompter? That’s not scripted? But it’s only a problem when Palin does it?

She may’ve to do more interviews and stuff but is this the right time to demand them?

Her critics are acting like small kids who have to demand everything has to be done now. Just like a few months ago they were complaining about not gladhandin the party bundlers and that had to be done now.

promachus on January 13, 2011 at 5:17 PM

His stance on Gun Control, illegal immigration & his wanting to grab Gift Cards kind of made me question his conservative Creds.

He is a heck of a Union fighter though. I’d make him Secretary of Education. Could you imagine?

portlandon on January 13, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Cannibalism is strong today.

Limerick on January 13, 2011 at 5:17 PM

New Jersey….. nuff said

sandee on January 13, 2011 at 5:17 PM

mwbri on January 13, 2011 at 5:12 PM

When it comes to character assassination, the Dems have an equal opportunity policy. Christie will learn this soon enough.

SlaveDog on January 13, 2011 at 5:17 PM

How dare you!

portlandon on January 13, 2011 at 5:13 PM

OFF with their head! /

upinak on January 13, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Oh look. Spamming across threads.

MadisonConservative on January 13, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Yep, since I noticed the new thread after my other comment, I decided to repost it here. Do you have a problem with that? If so, just skip over my comments in the future.

Right Wingnut

takeamericabackin10 on January 13, 2011 at 5:18 PM

A short time after being elected as leader of the conservatives in the UK (that were in the midst of a decade long collapse), at their annual confab, David Cameron went entirely unscripted and spoke from his hearts, rather than a teleprompter, which not only vaulted him as a statement, but also put the rest of the nation on notice, that he would be different.

I tend to agree somewhat with Christie on the Palin aspect that for her to gain more of a foothold, she needs to just start talking off the cuff and that is what brings the people around to her side. Telling her story, that she knows best to tell, and that will win the hearts of people

ConservativePartyNow on January 13, 2011 at 5:18 PM

OFF with their head! /

upinak on January 13, 2011 at 5:17 PM

You know, the next decapitation to happen somewhere in America will be your fault, right?

portlandon on January 13, 2011 at 5:19 PM

@Terrye personally I think it’s because she’s failed so often in unscripted moments that they are her boogeyman. Personally I don’t think she is very well educated and it shows when she tries to engage anyone on the details of things. I may be wrong but while I find her a shrewed politician I don’t find her very ‘smart’.

Zekecorlain on January 13, 2011 at 5:19 PM

A Full week of watching Joan of Arc burn at the stake with 20% of the innocent American public being virtually gassed for no reason while the Beltway GOP sits on their hands.
I cant take it anymore. I Quit.
Remember This RINO Candy Asses… Don’t ask for my vote when Palin says she’s not running in 2012. RINO’s GFYS!

Amadeus on January 13, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I’d say she has been ‘tested and pushed’ pretty far these last few days. And she had no control over the message. Just because it isn’t in person on stage or in some studio somewhere doesn’t mean that she’s not been through the fire–many times.

jeanie on January 13, 2011 at 5:20 PM

This whole unpresidential and unscripted meme is being channeled through the usual quarters– Krauthammer, Gillespie, Chris Chrisite. I am guessing there’s a journolist acting on the right side and they are trying to sabotage Palin’s recovery.

promachus on January 13, 2011 at 5:21 PM

I must be the only one on the planet that thought
the Speech,was political,a Union Pep Rally!!

Are the GOP Leadership,that worried about Public Perception
in the name of Civility and Discouse,that there letting this
one go,

while the DNC,is willing within a nano-second to Demonize
Team Right!!

And,Sarah hit it out of the park,and me thinks,I still live
in a sane world!!!

Oh Christie,is getting close to be put on my Great Grand
Rino Purgation List!!!!!!!!!
==================================

Giffords opens eyes for the first time since shooting
—————————————————–

(Obama’s speech, by turns sombre and hopeful, at times took on the tone of an exuberant pep rally)

as he heralded the men who wrestled the gunman to the ground, the woman who grabbed the shooter’s ammunition, the doctors and nurses who treated the injured, the intern who rushed to Giffords’ aid. The crowd erupted in multiple standing ovations as each was singled out for praise. The president ended up speaking for more than half an hour, doubling the expected length of his comments.

canopfor on January 13, 2011 at 5:21 PM

portlandon on January 13, 2011 at 5:19 PM

No, it will be Palin’s. /

upinak on January 13, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Allah, I swear you are on a mission to simply wear us out with defending Palin. I myself am getting ready to just throw in the towel and chuck this pathetic republican party. From now on I will vote for the BEST CONSERVATIVE in the race – not who the politicians and punditry say can win. I’m sick to death of the go along to get along in politics. I just want someone who holds my values and will stick to them. Sigh . . .

KickandSwimMom on January 13, 2011 at 5:22 PM

SlaveDog on January 13, 2011 at 5:17 PM

When they do it, I for one am gonna sit back and enjoy and even throw in a egg myself too.

promachus on January 13, 2011 at 5:22 PM

promachus on January 13, 2011 at 5:17 PM

They try to form the incompetent narrative “If she really wants so walk , she needs to use her feet” Duh.

the_nile on January 13, 2011 at 5:22 PM

You have to look at it and see, what are they like when they’re tested, what are they like when they’re not scripted, what are they like when they’re pushed”

Ok, please tell me who they are? As far as I know there is no declared candidate including Sarah Palin. Who are these others and what interviews are they doing? Excluding comedy central.

bluemarlin on January 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Sorry to turn down the offering of red meat, AP, but, speaking as a Palin supporter who plans to vote for her should she run, I largely agree with Christie’s advice. If she’s to be a serious presidential candidate, she has to venture outside Fox. I think she is serious and I think we’ll see this soon.

Oh, and as a fiscal con, I likes da Fat Man, too. :)

irishspy on January 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Hmmm…

Not cool.

MeatHeadinCA on January 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM

No, it will be Palin’s. /

upinak on January 13, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Does that mean the next time I open my freezer and find a quart of Ice Cream missing, it was Chris Christie?

I think so. Always blame the fat guy.

portlandon on January 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM

rockmom on January 13, 2011 at 5:16 PM

I haven’t heard from Romney and Huck lately. How will they ever be elected?

faraway on January 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Allah, when is Mitt Romney going to doa n interview with Kaite COuric? And unless that date is set, don’t tell me what Palin should or shouldn’t do.

promachus on January 13, 2011 at 5:24 PM

I think so. Always blame the fat guy. portlandon on January 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM

well, you can blame my hubby. Home made icecream is his kryptonite. Well that and bacon!

upinak on January 13, 2011 at 5:24 PM

promachus on January 13, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Why do they worry, it was over when she quit….

the_nile on January 13, 2011 at 5:24 PM

I assume that Christie is not running for President this year, but will instead endorse someone else. He had a certain popularity among conservatives due to his dust-ups with union types, but if he keeps outing himself as a RINO, his endorsement will mean nothing.

You know who this doesn’t help?

Mr. Wednesday Night on January 13, 2011 at 5:24 PM

KickandSwimMom on January 13, 2011 at 5:22 PM

I’m with you. I’m far more open to hearing about how Palin is not conservative enough instead of how she comes off as unscripted or something.

MeatHeadinCA on January 13, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Zekecorlain on January 13, 2011 at 5:19 PM

The people that most have considered “smart” have us where we are today.

Big Orange on January 13, 2011 at 5:24 PM

I’m sorry. Did I miss the sit-down chats Romney, Pawlenty, Huckabee have had… you know, unscripted, putting themselves out there so they seem presidential? Why aren’t they giving those guys advice about doing so?

Also, how much more can one be “pushed” I wonder. Let’s see:

Her underaged daughter has been the butt of late night talk show fodder that a pro-ball player should have raped her during the 7th inning stretch.

Her child has been questioned if he’s even hers; others have said he should never have been born.

She’s had 24-hour surveillance by a nutcase who rented the house next door.

She’s been run into the GROUND by every LSM reporter who has offered to sit down with her.

She’s been hung in effigy, threatened with death, and drawn up as getting pummeled in the face.

She’s been trashed on the covers of MULTIPLE magazines–not to mention the trashing of her family on said magazines.

She’s been hounded with lawsuits, told she’s a dimwit and shouldn’t be allowed in the room when the adults are talking.

Every single move she makes is dissected, misdirected, lied about and then the lies are analyzed as if they were true.

And now she’s been accused of being an accessory to MURDER. Not just one, but multiple MURDERS!

But, you know, she’s never really been “pushed.”

Finally, who else do you know on the planet that can command the attention of the whole nation with a couple of words published on Facebook? I mean… two years ago, had you ever heard: refudiate, blood libel, death panels…

Say what you want about Palin, I’m sure it’s already been said, but the woman is not backing down and she’s been “pushed” a WHOLE LOT MORE THAN anyone else I know–personally and certainly politically.

UnderstandingisPower on January 13, 2011 at 5:25 PM

portlandon on January 13, 2011 at 5:19 PM
==================
No, it will be Palin’s. /

upinak on January 13, 2011 at 5:21 PM

upinak:Correction,ahem,No,it will be a Bush Inheritence!
(sarc)—:)

canopfor on January 13, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Possibly. However, conservative he ain’t.

MadisonConservative on January 13, 2011 at 5:14 PM

I’m looking for someone fiscally sound, and if Christie’s example can sway Cuomo even a little toward sensible governance for me in New York, all the better.

He’s a squish, a northeast Republican, but at least it isn’t ALL talk. He actually gets things done. Gun support is steadily rising and becoming less of an issue, and IMO Christie has been very shrewd not to make himself look too far-right as far as every issue goes. He knows getting stuff done is the most important thing.

jimmy the notable on January 13, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I haven’t heard from Romney and Huck lately. How will they ever be elected?

faraway on January 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Beats me.

rockmom on January 13, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Christie may have a point. More than just unscripted TV appearances, Palin needs to get out of Alaska and meet people.

More than just shaking hands and giving speeches, she needs to do that retail politicking; state fairs, VFW meetings, away from the cameras, and organize the ground game. Meet people who could be potential cabinet members or senior staff.

Remember John McCain and his presidential campaign where he was somewhere every week end. When he ran out of money, he fired his staff, and carried his own bags, and kept going.

Perhaps she will, we’ll see what happens. I wouldn’t fault her if she didn’t run at all, just stayed with her TV personality gig.

Skandia Recluse on January 13, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I don’t believe Sarah needs any advice from Christie about what she needs to say or do. Who made him the authority? He may be good for what New Jersey needs, but I think his fame has gone to his head, and in no way do I want him for a president or vice president. He is wearing thin with me.

silvernana on January 13, 2011 at 5:27 PM

I haven’t heard from Romney and Huck lately. How will they ever be elected?

faraway on January 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM

They won’t?

MeatHeadinCA on January 13, 2011 at 5:27 PM

I agree, I think it’s a fair critique, not one I agree with but I can certainly see where he might be coming from. It’s actually refreshing to see someone giving constructive criticism, I don’t think it was mean spirited at all, just his honest opinion. Who knows, maybe she will focus and improve in this area if he’s right.

Alinsky on January 13, 2011 at 5:28 PM

ConservativePartyNow on January 13, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Interesting. When is Romney gonna do this? If anyone needs unscripted moments, it’s Mr.Cardboard. Sarah has been speaking with nothing but cue cards for a long time now. She doesn’t have to do some circus jujitsu to get some cred. What’s chafing is these tests are not put for other candidates.

promachus on January 13, 2011 at 5:28 PM

As long as you’re destroying a Conservative you are useful to the Media…….

…..but that makes you a media whore Chris.

PappyD61 on January 13, 2011 at 5:29 PM

yes, this is good advice for Palin. She has it in her but she’s gun shy for having been burned so bad by Couric and SNL. She should summon up her inner Chris Christie and start being as pugnacious as he is. She a big girl, she can handle it.

fudgypup on January 13, 2011 at 5:29 PM

This is not about what kind of media she sits down withits about an orchestrated witch hunt (again).

Anyone who now attacks or belittles Sarah Palin in my eyes, they’re as good as being on the other team and deserve 4 more years of Obama. Its that simple, end of story cut!

Sharr on January 13, 2011 at 5:29 PM

rockmom on January 13, 2011 at 5:16 PM

But what if it DID get her elected. Then everything that NYT, Katie Couric, Keith Obermann, and Kos, et al have ever said or even though about how relevant they are is WRONG.

That’s what they are afraid of. That is why they are all so worked up about the target signs on her maps. People actually remember she had them. Who even knew Kos had the almost very same thing? Nobody, because everyone is watching her and not them. Cripes her Facbook page has more readers than the NYT. Control is slipping from their grasp.

Lily on January 13, 2011 at 5:29 PM

I’m waiting for HA to post something unscripted.

Limerick on January 13, 2011 at 5:29 PM

mwbri on January 13, 2011 at 5:12 PM

That’s the truth isn’t it. That’s what they did to Reagan. That’s what they did to all Republican front runners. This is the reason why Christie will never win higher office.

jdun on January 13, 2011 at 5:30 PM

He’s running.

Greek Fire on January 13, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Is Christie selling those Together We Thrive T-shirts today?

faraway on January 13, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Yeah because yelling at teachers in Town Hall meetings is so presidential. And apparently so is deamonizing 1/2 the country and telling certain constituents to “punish their enemies”. Christie and Obama–two thugs with no class.

Redneck Woman on January 13, 2011 at 5:31 PM

The Hatefilled Left can deride Palin all they want and call her a dimwit but that doesn’t mean they are influencing her supporters to support her less or her haters to hate her more (if that’s even possible). They focus all their vitriol and fire at Palin because the campaign has started and they need to knock her out. She can dethrone Obama. Why bother with her if this isn’t true? Why haven’t similar attacks begun on Romney, Huckabee, Pawlenty or any of the supposed better candidates? Why is it all Palin all the time?

Christie’s schtick might play well in some parts of the country but that’s probably a minority. He’s gotten too big for his big britches and is now rather tiresome.

CCRWM on January 13, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Skandia Recluse on January 13, 2011 at 5:26 PM

If anyone comes to one of my VFW meetings attempting to “politick”, they will be shown the door very quickly and very robustly. One thing the VFW is not, is a political organization as we all (should have) learned recently.

Johnnyreb on January 13, 2011 at 5:32 PM

The LSM and the Left will always tell you who they are afraid of. And they are TERRIFIED of Palin.

UnderstandingisPower on January 13, 2011 at 5:32 PM

We have not had a president more ‘scripted’ than the Bamster, and more likely to stick his foot in his mouth if he ventures off-script. That’s the bottom line here.

slickwillie2001 on January 13, 2011 at 5:32 PM

No, it will be Palin’s. /

upinak on January 13, 2011 at 5:21 PM
===============

I think so. Always blame the fat guy.

portlandon on January 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM

portlandon:Correction,HLS Napipolitano will cease it,and
deliver it to Marie OMama Obama Antoinette!!
(sarc).

canopfor on January 13, 2011 at 5:32 PM

As long as you’re destroying a Conservative you are useful to the Media…….

PappyD61 on January 13, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Is Christie the new McCain?

faraway on January 13, 2011 at 5:32 PM

The new Romney?

joe_doufu on January 13, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Do we call him Fat Romney now instead of Fat Reagan?

melchitt on January 13, 2011 at 5:33 PM

It’s true. She does need to be more unscripted.

lorien1973 on January 13, 2011 at 5:09 PM

I honestly don’t know, and I’m no professional. But I do know one thing. Palin, and any Republican is d@mned if they do, and d@mned if they don’t. They just can’t win.

capejasmine on January 13, 2011 at 5:34 PM