Palin aide: She’s getting death threats at unprecedented levels

posted at 8:40 pm on January 12, 2011 by Allahpundit

I almost wish that this wasn’t being reported as it’ll only inflame things further among fringe types, but after four days of screeching about Palin the murderer, who can blame her staff for wanting to show the world the ironic outcome? I trust and hope that she’ll be fine: She’s got the financial means to hire the best security that money can buy, and remember, as noted earlier, the truly dangerous nuts typically don’t make threats. The vast majority of these people, I’m sure, are liberals popping off at her in a rash moment and then cooling down later.

An aide close to Sarah Palin says death threats and security threats have increased to an unprecedented level since the shooting in Arizona, and the former Alaska governor’s team has been talking to security professionals.

Since the shooting in Tucson, Palin has taken much heat for her “crosshairs” map that targeted 20 congressional Democrats in the 2010 mid-term election, including that of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who was the main target of Saturday’s attack.

Friends say Palin, a possible 2012 contender, was galled as suggestions of her role in the tragedy have swirled.

Given the amount of hate routinely directed at her, she’s appeared at times to take an oddly too-casual approach to personal security. Remember how there seemed to be no bodyguards around when that weird guy followed her around the airport with a handheld camera? No disrespect to Todd, but if he’s all that’s standing between her and a Jared Loughner, that’s not good enough. This week will, I assume, change that situation forever.

Now, let’s see tomorrow how the media and the left react to this story. There’ll be three responses, I assume. One: “Hey, maybe we should tone down the rhetoric on Palin before she gets shot.” If so much as one person offers that, consider it a victory. Two: “I condemn the threats, but we can’t be held responsible for the actions of crazies.” That’s actually the right answer, I think, or at least it would be if they’d been criticizing her for something she’d actually done. Having invented the Loughner connection out of thin air, though? Nope. Three: “She’s lying, either to turn down the heat on herself and earn sympathy or because she enjoys the media spotlight.” Mind you, there’s actual documentary evidence of some of the threats, but this will be the default explanation anyway thanks to the magical civility gene that makes liberals who are mentally ill somehow utterly immune to the worst rhetorical excesses. Demonize Palin all you want — have Paul Krugman and Frank Rich scream in the face of an untreated schizophrenic that she’s the prophesied antichrist — and it won’t motivate him a bit, because even deranged liberals are ultimately too smart and civilized to do anything wingnutty like take a shot at someone. That, as best as I understand it, is the going theory for why the left’s endless casual assertions about the basic malevolence of the right — racist, sexist, fascist, plutocratic, 50 times a day in assertions great and small — can be shrugged off as harmless to even the most diseased sympathetic mind. “Only fruitcakes” would act on stuff like that. Right, Jared?

To cleanse the palate, here’s our old friend Chris preparing for tonight’s post-Obama full-body tingle by insisting that we can’t “exonerate” Palin in the shootings because we don’t have all the facts yet about what motivated Loughner. She is, in other words, still a suspect in mass murder. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Please don’t sink to that.

Marcus on January 12, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Didn’t you see the utube of all the twitter death speak about Palin?

wi farmgirl on January 12, 2011 at 10:40 PM

All is not lost, chivalry is DEFINITELY not dead, I think Palin stimulates a sort of favorite-little-sister-instinct in LOTS of guys 40 and up, the lefties really don’t consider or understand GENTLEMEN.

bigmike on January 12, 2011 at 10:53 PM

By her own logic, she’s safe: “Acts of monstrous criminality stand on their own. They begin and end with the criminals who commit them.”
Grow Fins on January 12, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Yeah because being accused of murder is exactly the same as being “targeted” on a map in a very common, very American military metaphor of targets on a map for a political campaign.

I mean, it wouldn’t have been appropriate for the congress woman to hire security when Palin released that hardly seen, nearly year old map, so OF COURSE now when Palin is getting real death threats after being accused of murder in the many, very widely seen media outlets she’s totally safe. It’s EXACTLY the same. Yup.

oddjob1138 on January 12, 2011 at 10:57 PM

No surprise, most of the hatred and violence in America comes from the left, and as power slips away from them the more dangerous they will become.

slickwillie2001 on January 12, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I don’t want to make light of this, but I’ve been following this too closely and need to get away from it. So …

Does anyone remember the show NewsRadio, the episode “French Diplomacy”? Bill (Phil Hartman) gets on the radio and says diplomats who don’t pay their parking tickets should be pulled from their cars and beaten. And someone DOES pull the French diplomat from his car and beat him. So they anguish, and Bill puts out another radio op ed, saying if anyone should be beaten up, it’s Joe Vigilante who takes the law into his own hands. So then someone beats up some guy NAMED Joe Vigilante. So now they’re really anguished. They don’t know what to do. So Lisa (Maura Tierney) writes one last radio op ed, that ends, “maybe we should take some time to stop listening to our radios, and to start listening to our hearts”. So some guy yanks his heart out and puts it to his ear. And Lisa says to Bill, “the man was obviously crippled by mental illness!”. And Bill screams back at her, “YOU’RE OBVIOUSLY CRIPPLED BY MENTAL ILLNESS!”.

NewsRadio. Good times …

Paul-Cincy on January 12, 2011 at 11:04 PM

This is how the left operates. It’s their way or they kill you.

Please don’t call them liberal.

darwin on January 12, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Once upon a time there were actual liberals who advocated open debate and rational discourse. I remember when Tip O’Neil was absolute best buddies with my congressman Silvio Conte from W. Mass. The two of them ran the House of Rep. Now all the old time liberals seem to have disappeared only to be replaced by these “progressive leftists” marxists. It is a sad and dangerous time.

In Sarah’s speech today I thought she gave the first glimpse of her speaking in presidential mode. It is something I hope she does more often. It demonstrated her capability for gravitas and I thought she hit it out of the park.

shmendrick on January 12, 2011 at 11:05 PM

If GOv Palin or her family is harmed I doubt that liberals will be safe. The backlash from conservative circles will be swift. Sadly I could see it sparking a large conflict within America. I don’t think the left nor the gop establishment understands.

I am now praying for my country that the haters will find truth to fight their hate.

unseen on January 12, 2011 at 8:51 PM

If something horrible happens to Palin at the hands of a madman(or madwoman), I’ve got 2 words for you: Archduke Ferdinand. And I’m not exaggerating. The retribution from the right would be swift and very messy. I hope nothing bad ever happens to her(and in turn, this country).

Doughboy on January 12, 2011 at 11:07 PM

unseen on January 12, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Doughboy on January 12, 2011 at 11:07 PM

That’s what the progressives are hoping for. They want something bad like that to happen to “prove” the Tea Party and the right are dangerous gun-toting psychos. It won’t happen unless a progressive plant gets the ball rolling.

mizflame98 on January 12, 2011 at 11:11 PM

I watched the Obama cult tonight cheer the deaths of people from their own community.

Anyone of those people could kill for Obama, Palin isn’t safe. These people do not mourn.

petunia on January 12, 2011 at 11:14 PM

If they strike her down, she shall become more powerful than they can possibly imagine.

Christien on January 12, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Doughboy on January 12, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I was thinking the same thing, but Fort Sumpter rather than Ferdinand. . This country is nearer the boiling point than many realize.

oddjob1138 on January 12, 2011 at 11:16 PM

shmendrick on January 12, 2011 at 11:05 PM

That America is gone.

Now it is the America of Barack Obama. It is the America of Paul Krugman. It is an America filled with Jared Loughners.

They are delusional. You can’t reason with them. They see what they want to see, or what the voices in their heads tell them.

I don’t know how many are truly delusional and how many just haven’t looked at what has happened to their party but how many does it take.

petunia on January 12, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Christien on January 12, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Better analogy, when you shoot at the king, be sure you kill him. They keep shooting at her, and she’s still standing.

Paul-Cincy on January 12, 2011 at 11:18 PM

As soon as my income tax check comes in, I am purchasing my first firearm. It might be time to think about protecting my own if need be. I’ve only had the darn pistol permit for 2 years and never bothered to get a gun.

jaimo on January 12, 2011 at 11:20 PM

oddjob1138 on January 12, 2011 at 10:57 PM

What really made them angry was not the surveyors symbols on the map but that 18 of the 20 on the map actually did lose!

CCRWM on January 12, 2011 at 11:25 PM

petunia on January 12, 2011 at 11:14 PM

That is scary…

CCRWM on January 12, 2011 at 11:29 PM

ghboy on January 12, 2011 at 11:07 PM

unseen on January 12, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Doughboy on January 12, 2011 at 11:07 PM

mizflame98 on January 12, 2011 at 11:11 PM

So let me get this right… A Dem Rep gets shot in Az and is gavely ill in hospital. Now you guys are already saying it’s civil war if a potential candidate on the right is attacked.

Brilliant… that will get the country behind you and help get your policies in place. Brilliant.

lexhamfox on January 12, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Matthew’s reaction merely manages to point out that he’s in it for his own ratings and doesn’t give a care what Obama tried to tell him and others. Did his hero let him down? No tingles this PM Matthews? And…in passing, do you think the extreme left will go nuts because O didn’t take the bait?

jeanie on January 12, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Doughboy on January 12, 2011 at 11:07 PM

SPOT ON.

Glenn Beck said the same ting Monday on his radio show. He said it “would end the Republic.”

I don’t know about that, but it would end the democrat party. They have been stoking hate against her for 2 years.

People seem to forget some left wing loons firebombed her church in Wasilla, with people in it. Just the way Ayers and his terrorists used to do it. They blocked the exits so no one could get out, then lit em up.

The only thing that saved them was the sprinkler system.

The loving, tolerant lefties were not concerned at all about “toning down the rhetoric” then.

gary4205 on January 13, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Just what we need, some deranged lefty going after Sarah Palin. And there appears to be plenty of them out there. I hope she hires effective security. Up until now they’ve just used words and art work–but who knows. Some of them sound pretty nuts judging by the comments on the lefty, lefty blogs.

jeanie on January 13, 2011 at 12:04 AM

I’d be devastated if SP were killed. She’s been attacked over and over again with this dishonest media narrative she’s been fighting. It’s like someone drowning and she’s trying to keep her head above water. She has a clear vision and record the liberals disagree with, that’s why they’re trying to destroy her. But she’s not quite getting it out because she’s being attacked. Then if she were a$$a$$inated, it would be so frustrating because she never got a chance to be seen for who she is and a chance to share her vision and try a run for Prez. It would all seem so unfair. And it would be like *I* was the one drowned and being lied about and who never had a chance to be seen. And I would want to lash back at the haters. If that’s who did it.

Paul-Cincy on January 13, 2011 at 12:09 AM

For her own safety, and to the benefit of this country, Palin should waste no time declaring her 2012 candidacy, and immediately request secret service protection. The feds can’t deny her that. She is now a symbol and must be kept safe.

AZCON on January 13, 2011 at 12:10 AM

lexhamfox on January 12, 2011 at 11:36 PM

There are two kinds of people in this world. People who spend five days shouting lies, abuse, and false accusations against other people, and people who get to criticize other people’s rhetoric.

The left pretty much falls into one of those two categories. And I’ll give you a small hint, it’s not the second one.

Also, you know what additionally chaps my hide here? There had not been (public or known) threats against Giffords by the right. There are massive threats and claims of responsibility for death against Palin on the left.

Should there be a hypothetical attack against Palin on those grounds, we would ACTUALLY have the inverse of what the left has been FALSELY claiming about the right.

So, in addition to lack of standing, we have a moral equivalency fail here as well.

Zero points, dude.

Merovign on January 13, 2011 at 12:14 AM

gary4205 on January 13, 2011 at 12:00 AM

That’s just another story the MFM won’t cover. Because, you know, they’re objective. For extremely left definitions of “objective.”

Merovign on January 13, 2011 at 12:15 AM

If something happens to Palin’s family in any way, obama will not be able to do anything to win in 2012. he will be finished

ConservativePartyNow on January 13, 2011 at 12:45 AM

lexhamfox on January 12, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Gabby Giffords is in the hospital because of an apolitical nutcase. If something bad happens to Palin and it turns out it’s some politically motivated left-wing psychopath, then yes we could be looking at a very ugly situation on our hands. Maybe not a civil war. It could end up instead being like the 1960′s with riots, demonstrations in the streets, and a string of assassinations.

But also keep in mind that there’s a lot of anger bubbling beneath the surface in this country right now. Our government is on the verge of bankruptcy, Baby Boomers are about to retire en masse and discover their Social Security checks have already been spent, we’re in neverending conflicts in the Middle East, Iran is about the get the bomb, and the economy is in the crapper with stagnant growth, high unemployment, and rising oil and food prices.

I’ve long felt that this nation is like a powder keg that’s about to explode if ignited. Smear campaigns by the left won’t do it. We’ve been subjected to that crap before(although never one this depraved and baseless). But a political assassination of a beloved conservative icon? Yeah, that would be the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Doughboy on January 13, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Doughboy on January 13, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Keep peddling back you are almost there….. your first post said any ‘mad’ person and now it is any person motivated by the left. Keep going.

lexhamfox on January 13, 2011 at 12:54 AM

AZCON on January 13, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Ultimately those people work for the Bamster, unfortunately. I am wondering if Republican candidates in the primary should go for third-party security. Would you trust your life to a acolyte of Alinsky?

slickwillie2001 on January 13, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Demonize Palin all you want — have Paul Krugman and Frank Rich scream in the face of an untreated schizophrenic that she’s the prophesied antichrist — and it won’t motivate him a bit, because even deranged liberals are ultimately too smart and civilized cowardly and pussified to do anything wingnutty like take a shot at someone

Fixed for you.

To cleanse the palate, here’s our old friend Chris preparing for tonight’s post-Obama full-body tingle by insisting that we can’t “exonerate” Palin in the shootings because we don’t have all the facts yet about what motivated Loughner. She is, in other words, still a suspect in mass murderguilty until absolutely proven innocent, or killed by a crazy who is looking to make a name for himself and impress some liberal harpy freak a la “Taxi Driver”

Fixed again.

Allah, you really need to open your eyes and say what you really think, you know…… [candy-ass.... just teasing, son]

Subsunk

Subsunk on January 13, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Grow Fins on January 12, 2011 at 8:48 PM

You’re actually inciting murder.

Speakup on January 13, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Let’s see if I’ve got this correct. It was democrats who hung and killed black men for 1865 to the early 70′s.It was democrats who killed white people who came to protest the treatment of the blacks. It was democrats who blew up a church that killed 4 little black girls.
It was democrats that advocated the mass slaughter of the Indians.
It was the democrats that got us into WW1,WW2,Korea,and Vietnam.It was John Kerry ,a democrat, who watched and did nothing to stop it,massacres of Vietnamese citizen’s .
It looks like Oberdumb,tingles, madcow and slitz need to shut the fu*k up.

BruceB on January 13, 2011 at 1:46 AM

The leftards cried until You Tube removed the twitter death threats, so the Right Scoop link is no good.

HOWEVER, this works just fine:

gary4205 on January 13, 2011 at 1:48 AM

In other words she is guilty until proven innocent

Dollayo on January 13, 2011 at 2:51 AM

Grow Fins on January 12, 2011 at 8:48 PM

You’re actually inciting murder.

Speakup on January 13, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Actally, incitement to murder is a crime, that begins and ends with the person who commits it. sometimes violent words can lead to violent acts. Palin did not incite anyone to violence because the “words” were too vague and attentuated, and the action in any event uninfluenced by the words such as they were. But twitter calls for shooting Palin? That would depend on whether the calls for blood are reasonably likely to achieve their purpose. In some circumstances yes, it could be.

alwaysfiredup on January 13, 2011 at 3:36 AM

Allahpundit is as responsible as anyone. He tries to slice the baloney thin enough to hold on to his world view that there really are 2 decent parties.

There isn’t.

Lonetown on January 13, 2011 at 4:43 AM

palingenesis (yes, it is a real word) is a word that means “rebirth” and that is exactly what our country needs as in; Our country needs a palingenesis of the principles upon which it was founded and Governor Palin is the person we need to lead us.

Done That on January 13, 2011 at 5:12 AM

Hopefully, the former governor has law enforcement running in circles all over the country arresting lunatic fringe liberals for making death threats, since that is now illegal.

Jaibones on January 13, 2011 at 6:15 AM

This is how the left operates. It’s their way or they kill you.

Please don’t call them liberal.

darwin on January 12, 2011 at 10:01 PM

So true. After all it is the Communist way.

BetseyRoss on January 13, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Whoa. Quite the comments there, made the hair on my neck rise and I’m not the target of their rage.

Yeah. And I’m not particularly proud of what I wrote, but he was making me sick, so I gave it to him with both barrels (violent rhetotric!).

I’m not even of the “Lougnher was a liberal” camp – I’m just illustrating that if anything, he was closer to Grow Fins than us. Not that it matters, because it doesn’t.

Except to vile little twits like Grow Fins. He had to be reminded in his own language.

Tot he rest of you, I apologize.

Good Lt on January 13, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Therefore, by his own reasoning, we can not exonerate Matthews from the murders until all the facts are in right? Who decides the suspects when there is NO EVIDENCE? Everyone is a suspect? How illogical is that?

jerseyman on January 13, 2011 at 9:25 AM

I guess I preferred it when Allah was just anti-Palin vice turning into a concern troll on his own site.

Fine definition of a concern troll – she has brought this on herself because she didn’t “rise above it” or ignore it. And if something thappens to her it will be her fault because she could have funded her own private security? Of course others aren’t being chastized for not having made security arragngements but Palin needs to be held to different standards than a judge or Congressmember?

katiejane on January 13, 2011 at 9:34 AM

This is how the left operates. It’s their way or they kill you.
darwin on January 12, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Thanks. An excellent reduction. The killing begins as metaphoric or simulated (marginalization, censorship, character assassination) but its final mutation, in any Leftist evolution, reaches the actual. It cannot do otherwise. Any dissent, any deviation from the entire construct, is a radical threat and cannot be tolerated.

rrpjr on January 13, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Read the book “Eclipse” page 339-341, excerpts:

Edward to Jacob: “But if you ever bring her back damaged again-and I don’t care whose fault it is; I don’t care if she merely trips, or if a meteor falls of the sky and hits her in the head-if you return her to me in less than the perfect condition that I left her in, you will be running with three legs. …”

Edward to Jacob: “One more thing,” Edward said slowly. “I’ll be fighting for her, too. You should know that. I’m not taking anything for granted, and I’ll be fighting twice as hard as you will.”

============================================================
I hope that nothing ever happens to any of the members of the Palin family. I feel for her dad so much! And her mom, just as sweet! This is so hard to know, difficult to process how much death and destruction is in the poisoned minds of liberals.

She needs a battery of lawyers, and file lawsuits everywhere and to anyone who sends or utters a death threat, a baseless accusation or a defamation of character. Alphabet networks, blogs and printed media included. Priority goes to the KOS, since he tweeted his “mission accomplished, Sarah Palin.”

ProudPalinFan on January 13, 2011 at 10:56 AM

If any body needs a Psych Val it is Tingles and his staff.

Col.John Wm. Reed on January 13, 2011 at 11:05 AM

If you follow the trail of bread crumbs, you’ll find that the “progression” is, sadly normal.

oldleprechaun on January 13, 2011 at 11:18 AM

I grew up in the 50s and 60s. Never in my life would I have imagined one group of Americans would be blaming another group of Americans for the reprehensible actions of one person.

What the left cant win in legislature or courts, they will take by force through lies, slander, and demonization.

abcurtis on January 13, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Imagine if this woman’s life actually mattered to the piles of **** we call “leaders”…

Where have all the GOP leaders been on this?

Where are the pundits? (Oh, right, folks Krauthammer are too busy trashing her themself to notice. not that that insufferable POS cares about anybody outside his Beltway cloister anyway…)

Meh…they count on us “little people” to stick with them, because they’re the smartest people they know.

Question: What if there was a political party and nobody showed up?

GOP’s gone POS so very quickly it’s stunning.

SuperCool on January 12, 2011 at 10:02 PM

+100000!!!!!!!! Been writing that message before the shootings.

ProudPalinFan on January 13, 2011 at 11:31 AM

We have to solve this problem.

Elect Palin President and we can put the Secret Service Protective Detail on her full time.

I have contacts inside the SS which tell me they’d thank voters for the opportunity.

Let’s do this! :P

HondaV65 on January 12, 2011 at 9:20 PM

I bet the military too would pitch in. Sarah does not deserve this.

ProudPalinFan on January 13, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Just relax. I think the worst will be smear books published. All with anonymous sources, of course.

I think that this fear is unwarranted, in short.

The real terror is just what we experienced. It’s the mentally ill.

And we really need to really figure out how to handle this.

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Sarah and her family will have protection. And I don’t really sense the animosity that many of you do.

I think she’s a bit iconic, meaning that people talk about her like she represents ideas, but they don’t really dislike her.

I suspect she’s a bit like Obama in that respect.

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 11:48 AM

If the vicious rhetoric causes violence, why hasn’t anybody taken a shot at Sarah Palin? That pretty much disproves the whole theory.

But if someone does, I don’t expect that Paul Krugman or the others pushing this crock will be apologizing or trying to calm the waters on the left.

flataffect on January 13, 2011 at 11:58 AM

……………What, Democrats aren’t violent people./sarc

SC.Charlie on January 13, 2011 at 12:05 PM

This is how the left operates. It’s their way or they kill you.

Please don’t call them liberal.

darwin on January 12, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Ultimately that’s what it comes down to. The left is the home of political violence, and we must never underestimate them. There’s a significant proportion of the democratic base, maybe 5-10%, that would execute you and I in a second.

slickwillie2001 on January 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM

I suspect she’s a bit like Obama in that respect.

AnninCA on January 13, 2011 at 11:48 AM

The worst thing I’ve ever heard someone say about Obama is that they hope is impeached. Perhaps tried for unconstitutional policies and processes.

I’ve never heard anyone wish rape, violence, or death on him or his family. The Right doesn’t do that.

I reject the notion – promulgated by the Left and the President again in his speech last night – that the Right is a violent or vulgar as the Left.

It has been the Left all week that has been the violators here.

hrh40 on January 13, 2011 at 12:37 PM

I certainly hope it changes things. Everyday I pray for the safety of our leaders and I always say an extra prayer for Sarah and her family. Incendiary horse shyte like this hatchet job (sorry if that’s too “inciteful”) coming from the left is exactly the reason why. Palin appears to be somewhat of a fatalist, which I guess I would expect from someone whose faith in God is unshakable. However, she’s got five kids and one of them has special needs. Regardless of what a tragedy I think it would be for the country to lose her, even more important is for her to consider the effect it would have on her family. I trust she is giving it serious consideration b/c she’s the responsible sort. If there is a sliver of a silver lining in any of this, that would be it. She needs to take Beck up on his suggestion to contact his security guy. He may overstate things at times, but in this case, I think his better paranoid than sorry approach is the right one.

NoLeftTurn on January 13, 2011 at 1:01 PM

The fact the death threats from the left are becoming more intense suggests the 2012 election is going to be a struggle by the lib-nuts for survival. Under Obamalinsky, this is the strongest they have been in history and they’re still just a vocal minority. As long as they can keep 90%+ of the black vote, they are relevant, without it they are just a bunch of mentally ill, intellectually bankrupt nutjobs.

volsense on January 13, 2011 at 2:16 PM

We’re getting awfully close to the mortal sin of Athens… And Sarah Palin is being set up as a Socrates. I don’t want to watch… I just don’t.

Athens died when it demanded the death of Socrates… a man whose only sin was to speak his mind in defiance of a status quo that became god. When the sentence for his defiance was death, Athens abandoned the last of it’s principles that set it apart from the dictatorships it was surrounded by. When Socrates drank that poisoned cup, all of Athens became a city full of tyrants.

This was the mortal sin of Athens: the formerly civil populace now became a raving mob. Order would never be truly established until Philip II of Macedon decided to end the madness with force of arms and royal rule.

Is this what it comes to? We already crossed that line once, and the result was a war of bretheren fighting bretheren. A war in which many died only to find an answer to an important question: can man truly call himself free when he enslaves his fellow man?

Now the next question is shaping up to be thus: can man truly call himself free when others wish to enslave each other?

Chaz706 on January 13, 2011 at 2:34 PM

How many “uhs” were in some of those death threats?

SouthernGent on January 12, 2011 at 8:49 PM

What you did here makes you the THREAD WINNER and IMHO is the Quote of the Day.

tigerlily on January 13, 2011 at 3:40 PM

It still amazes me that the lefties only consider it Vitrol if you don’t agree with them. Yet they can spew filth, lies,trash and death threats towards anyone else and it’s ok

SgtRed on January 13, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I can’t imagine working in a Target dept. store.

mixplix on January 13, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Okay Congress lets see you deal with the memorial for one of your own and the death threats to Sara Palin. Are you inheriting the do nothing Congress?

mixplix on January 13, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Guns don’t kill people and death threats don’t kill people. There is nothing for Palin to worry about, I’m sure.

For example, we’re on Sarah Palin’s targeted list, but the thing is, the way she has it depicted has the crosshairs of a gunsight over our district. And when people do that, they’ve gotta realize there’s consequences to that action.”

–Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, March 25, 2010

audiculous on January 13, 2011 at 6:47 PM

How close are we NOW to a Civil War in this country?
If Palin is murdered by a leftist, can you imagine the consequences? I can, and it scares the crap out of me. However, I don’t think the conservatives will be intimidated by these left wing thugs and their drooling media whores.
If Sarah goes down, I think a lot of leftists might just go with her. Now that should scare somebody.

gordo on January 13, 2011 at 11:27 PM

gordo,

you’re a Gloomy Gus.No one is going to kill Palin, and, if anyone does, it’ll be a nut and no admirer of Palin’s is going to blame anyone other than that single person, so there won’t be any problem.

audiculous on January 14, 2011 at 12:39 AM