Are you ready for President Huntsman?

posted at 4:15 pm on January 3, 2011 by Allahpundit

I wonder if there’s any alternate reality in which this guy winning the Republican nomination is plausible. Are there presidential primaries in, say, the Matrix? If he lands the coveted Neo endorsement, he might be able to squeak past Palin, Huckabee, and Morpheus in the Matrix Iowa caucuses.

Now, it appears, the ambassador is ready to make some noise of his own. Sitting in the echo-y living room of his new Washington home, Huntsman, a tall, lean man with silver hair and impeccable posture, pauses only briefly when faced with the question of presidential aspirations. “You know, I’m really focused on what we’re doing in our current position,” he says. “But we won’t do this forever, and I think we may have one final run left in our bones.” Asked whether he is prepared to rule out a run in 2012 (since it would require him to campaign against his current boss), he declines to comment.

The winking response—about as close to a hat-in-ring announcement as you’ll get from a sitting member of the incumbent’s administration—could just be a hollow cry for attention. But sources close to Huntsman (who requested anonymity to speak freely without his permission) say that during his December trip to the U.S., he met with several former political advisers in Washington and Salt Lake City to discuss a potential campaign. “I’m not saying he’s running,” says one supporter who has worked with him in the past. “But we’re a fire squad; if he says the word, we can get things going fast.” What’s more, Huntsman tells NEWSWEEK that when he accepted the ambassadorial appointment, he promised his family they would “come up for air” sometime in 2010 to decide how much longer they would stay in Beijing. “I’m not announcing anything at all,” he says. But he sure seems to be hinting.

Jay Cost notes that in a different era, when nominees could be drafted without having to campaign (much) and the parties weren’t so different ideologically, Huntsman might be kinda sorta viable. Today, though? Quote: “Huntsman would get squeezed on both ends. The mainstream media would inevitably tag him as an ambitious politician who betrayed his boss, while his Republican opponents would tell GOP primary voters that he is just a tool of Obama and the Democrats – the RINO to end all RINOs!” Quite so, and don’t forget that Huntsman won’t be the only Huntsman-type candidate in the race. If you’re looking for a competent, wonkish, pragmatic, centrist heartland governor who’s more interested in solving fiscal problems than fighting culture wars, why not choose Mitch Daniels instead? (Or Romney, if you don’t care about the heartland part. Or, er, RomneyCare.) In fact, to the extent that Huntsman makes any impact on the race at all, it would be as a de facto stalking horse for populist candidates like Palin or Huckabee. He’d peel Mormon voters away from Mitt and Daniels voters away from Mitch, weakening both of them in tight races in New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Florida. And surely he knows it. So why even drop hints like this?

A theory: Maybe he has his eye on a different race and is dropping phony hints about a presidential challenge to earn some free buzz from a media that’s hungry for 2012 stories. (Pence, who’s thinking of running for governor of Indiana, might be playing that game too.) Huntsman’s just 50 years old and likely figures that the political climate will be more favorable to centrists in 2016, especially if the GOP nominates a “true conservative” next year who ends up losing to Obama. He’s better off either following the Romney playbook and using his time out of office to work for Republican candidates behind the scenes or looking for an opening in a local race to get back onto the national stage. Back when Obama first named him ambassador, I speculated that he might run for Senate from Utah if either Bennett or Hatch retired; a primary challenge to entrenched Republican incumbents seemed unthinkable at the time. Two years later, though, Bennett’s been primaried into retirement and Hatch will assuredly face a primary challenge of his own, possibly from Jason Chaffetz. Huntsman, who left office with an approval rating over 80 percent despite being more centrist on social issues than many Utahns, might be thinking that if tea partiers knock off Hatch in the primary, he could run as an independent in the general and possibly pull off some sort of Murkowski-type victory by claiming the middle against a far right GOP nominee and a Democratic nonentity. Winning as an indie with real bipartisan cred after having served under Obama would make him an instant media darling — sort of like Bloomberg except way, way, waaaaay less annoying. Makes more sense, at least, than running for president now, which would be quixotic at best and … insane at worst.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

NO RINO’s

tim c on January 3, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Any republican who is all for cap and trade, is not a true republican, and doesn’t have a conservative bone in their body.

So NO! I’m not ready for this idiot to be President.

capejasmine on January 3, 2011 at 4:19 PM

He was a serious candidate, until about 1 minute after he took the ambassadorship. Anyone that worked for this administration might as well call it a day…for any Republican position.

neoavatara on January 3, 2011 at 4:20 PM

As a Utahan: no way, no frickin’ way, and never.

Don’t. Even. Think. About. It.

And as far as running for Orrin’s seat? See above.

karl9000 on January 3, 2011 at 4:20 PM

I think Herman Cain has a better chance.

Doughboy on January 3, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Can’t we all just settle on a candidate everyone hates?

BLOOMBERG 2012!

Rhinoboy on January 3, 2011 at 4:22 PM

(Or Romney, if you don’t care about the heartland part.

or the competent one for that matter….

snap! /

ted c on January 3, 2011 at 4:23 PM

I don’t know. Speaking fluent Mandarin will probably come in handy for a President in coming years. He can take orders directly from our Chinese banker’s mouth.

RBMN on January 3, 2011 at 4:25 PM

That dog won’t Huntsman.

Mr. D on January 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM

despite being more centrist on social issues than many Utahns

is that for real? Utahns? is AP makin’ shizzat up tonight?

ted c on January 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM

I think the LSM will trot out a name every otter week in the hopes of finding someone, anyone to knock out Palin.

CCRWM on January 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM

I am a long time Huntsman supporter. However, while I really,really,really like Huntsman, I do not think he can win. I don’t think that Huntsman is intellectually curious. If Huntsman were to study up on Conservative principles, and speak out about policy issues I think he could be ready in 2016.

At this point, Huntsman is unelectable.

portlandon on January 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM

That dog won’t Huntsman.

Mr. D on January 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Mr. D drops the winner.

ted c on January 3, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Not Really (and my son and wife speak Mandarin fluently; I just know enough to know when I’m in trouble :).

michaelo on January 3, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Port it took me a couple to figure out what you are doing;)

CCRWM on January 3, 2011 at 4:28 PM

LOSER!

tomshup on January 3, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Someday I’ll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That’s where you’ll find me.

SlaveDog on January 3, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Port it took me a couple to figure out what you are doing;)

CCRWM on January 3, 2011 at 4:28 PM

=)

portlandon on January 3, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Not long after Obama became president, the media and “Obama sources” (but I repeat myself) were touting Huntsman as “the one Republican who scares them”. The one who might be able to beat Obama.

Now this, from the notoriously partisan Newsweek.

MSM promoting a preferred GOP candidate? No thanks. That’s a deal-breaker.

tsj017 on January 3, 2011 at 4:30 PM

High class guy but selling out to the tool is unforgivable.

TimTebowSavesAmerica on January 3, 2011 at 4:30 PM

ted c on January 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM

OK, there are SOME areas which are sort of centrist, but “many?”

In their dreams, maybe.

karl9000 on January 3, 2011 at 4:31 PM

What part of NO don’t you understand?

BetseyRoss on January 3, 2011 at 4:32 PM

I speak fluent Mandarin too, and that is far more than is needed to say: 不要!

p40tiger on January 3, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Jon Huntsman, Jr. is not a serious person.

steebo77 on January 3, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Utahns

Help an Iowan out: How do you pronounce that?

pookysgirl on January 3, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Are you ready for President Huntsman?
-AP.

FAIL.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Bring it on!!!

One more squish for Palin to squash.

chief on January 3, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Hunstman/Johnson in 2012!

Okay I admit. I have no clue who these guys are.

Rocks on January 3, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Help an Iowan out: How do you pronounce that?

pookysgirl on January 3, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Whereabouts in Iowa are you from?
I was born in Sac City and my late father was born/raised in Davenport.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2011 at 4:35 PM

who?

upinak on January 3, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Utahns

Help an Iowan out: How do you pronounce that?

pookysgirl on January 3, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Hey, my wife is from Iowa (CR) so sure!

You don’t even try.

karl9000 on January 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM

There have been three threads on Huntsman, Jr. over the past couple of days and I haven’t learned a darned thing about the man in any of them — except from my own research.

I’m stunned that people are dismissing out of hand a highly successful governor (per the CATO Institute and the Pew Trust) who worked in the Reagan, G.W. Bush, and W administrations based on insinuations from The Atlantic and Newsweek.

Y-not on January 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I live in UT and can’t imagine a bigger RINO bed-wetter than this guy. He is a major poser and does not deserve serious consideration. End of story!!!

sidemeat on January 3, 2011 at 4:38 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Born in Waterloo, raised in NW Iowa. And I never heard the word “Utahns,” so I want to get it right. ;-)

pookysgirl on January 3, 2011 at 4:39 PM

RINOGASM from lying scum GOP pundits in 5…..4…..3…

PappyD61 on January 3, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Y-not on January 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Three threads from the exact same article.

Talk about beating a dead horse.

Knucklehead on January 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Is there anyone, *anyone*, ANYONE who is not running for president in 2012?

Skandia Recluse on January 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM

(Or Romney, if you don’t care about the heartland part. Or, er, RomneyCare.)

Romney?
If the Republican party views things from a Beltway/Northeastern Corridor perspective, instead of listening to the Heartland, and paying attention to the lessons that were taught on November 2nd, 2010, they are going to sadly disappointed.

kingsjester on January 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM

So you were one of the 20% who didn’t like him. And this matters, why?

Y-not on January 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM

But…but…he’s got impeccable posture!!!

Fortunata on January 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM

I think that’s right. It’s pretty hard to run against Obama when you apparently thought enough of the guy to leave your job and go work for him.

I’m guessing he’s betting on Obama get re-elected and going for the easier win in 2016, in a field that will probably be substantially more risk-averse than the 2012 field.

Now this, from the notoriously partisan Newsweek.

MSM promoting a preferred GOP candidate? No thanks. That’s a deal-breaker.

tsj017 on January 3, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Remember that Bush kept saying that Lieberman was the one Democrat that he was really worried about in 2004. The people inside the White House don’t always have the best perspective on the strongest candidates that they oppose, they’re just thinking of who is easiest to attack. Huntsman is probably difficult for Obama to attack but I don’t know anyone who’s actually enthusiastic about Huntsman.

Proud Rino on January 3, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Y-not on January 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM

You Huntsmanistas are unbearable.

portlandon on January 3, 2011 at 4:42 PM

OBAMA 2012

Huntsman 2012

PappyD61 on January 3, 2011 at 4:42 PM

pookysgirl on January 3, 2011 at 4:39 PM

My parents dragged me to this gulag that is the drunken State of Illinois when I was almost 3. 37 years later I’m still trapped.
*pout*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2011 at 4:42 PM

What,is he the King and nobody told me?

We are feeling tired of this jackass and we are not going to spend a lot of time thinking about someone we have barely heard of and who we think is an idiot. We are not amused.

Monkeytoe on January 3, 2011 at 4:42 PM

You Huntsmanistas are unbearable.

portlandon on January 3, 2011 at 4:42 PM

LoL!

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Y-not on January 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Three threads from the exact same article.

Talk about beating a dead horse.

Knucklehead on January 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM

He’s the first remotely interesting candidate to suggest he might be running. It’s a big deal. Right now I think everyone assumes Huckabee and Romney, and then there are a bunch of potential candidates, most of whom are unexciting retreads. At least Huntsman is a (relatively) fresh face.

Proud Rino on January 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM

And this matters, why?

Y-not on January 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Y-not ask Bob Bennett.

Orrin is next.

karl9000 on January 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Are you ready for President Huntsman?

nope

cmsinaz on January 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM

The real question is:

Are you ready for President Donald Trump?

astuddis on January 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2011 at 4:42 PM

That’s where my dad’s from, so I feel your pain.

pookysgirl on January 3, 2011 at 4:44 PM

working for dear leader now and then wants to become the gop nominee?

nope, nada, nyet, no way, see ya

cmsinaz on January 3, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Dead in the water. South Carolina voters would respond with:

1) Who? Never heard of him.
2) He worked for Obama?
3) Mormon?
4) A combination of the above.

Done.

LastRick on January 3, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Three threads from the exact same article.

Talk about beating a dead horse.

Knucklehead on January 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Yes, that Mr. Anonymous from Newspeak sure does command lots of respect… at Hot Air.

ajacksonian on January 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Knucklehead on January 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Hiya! Hope your New Years was quiet.

Some nimrod was firing an automatic practically in my backyard @Midnight on 1/1.
Freaked out my cats.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Utahns

Help an Iowan out: How do you pronounce that?

pookysgirl on January 3, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Rhymes with “Nawlins”? You know, where the Saints play?

In any event, I don’t know what type of Purgatory he can go to for endorsing Cap and Trade, and thereby make himself capable of being nominated, but he better figure that out first.

churchill995 on January 3, 2011 at 4:47 PM

1) Who? Never heard of him.
2) He worked for Obama?
3) Mormon?
4) A combination of the above.

Done.

LastRick on January 3, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Yeah. I think people underestimate just how much some people in this country dislike Mormons, and it’s not just idiots like Andrew Sullivan and other liberals obsessed with the underwear.

Proud Rino on January 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM

You Huntsmanistas are unbearable.

portlandon on January 3, 2011 at 4:42 PM

I used to support Huntsman, but some of his more deranged, robot-like, zombie, zealot cultist followers have made it impossible for me to endorse him for President in 2012. Huntsman 2012 = 4 more years of Obama. I do, however, believe he would be great in his current capacity. He would also be a great RNC chair, or something like that.

steebo77 on January 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Allah, you exert way too much effort trying to divine the future from the sheep entrails of politics. Your time would be better spent scrutinizing tea leaves instead.

OhioCoastie on January 3, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Look, at this point I’m ready for President BIDEN… I’d do backflips for Huntsman.

greggriffith on January 3, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Your time would be better spent scrutinizing tea leaves instead.

OhioCoastie on January 3, 2011 at 4:49 PM

You mean these tea leaves?

steebo77 on January 3, 2011 at 4:52 PM

steebo77 on January 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I know. Don’t dare question Huntsman, or you’ll be labeled a “Troll” or called bad names.

Huntsman worshipers are a cult.

portlandon on January 3, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Huntsman needs to leave the room and let the serious people figure this out. h/t Chuck

wheelgun on January 3, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Huntsman worshipers are a cult.

portlandon on January 3, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Seriously. It’s like Jonestown all over again, or something. These Hunstmaniacs must be stopped before they destroy the GOP and America, or something.

steebo77 on January 3, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Proud Rino on January 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Just so we’re clear, I’m not saying South Carolinians would be right in not trusting Huntsman because of the Mormon issue; that’s a personal matter for each voter to decide. I’m just saying he’s already a lesser-known candidate, strike one, he worked for Obama, big ol’ strike two. And then Huckabee and Palin remind SC voters that Huntsman also believes Jesus came to NY and told some guy where to dig? Well, it doesn’t help.

LastRick on January 3, 2011 at 4:58 PM

He should run as a Democrat.
Huntsman/ Specter 2012

james23 on January 3, 2011 at 4:58 PM

You Huntsmanistas are unbearable.

portlandon on January 3, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Hey, if it helps getting into Wharton…….

TimTebowSavesAmerica on January 3, 2011 at 4:59 PM

steebo77 on January 3, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Huntsman is not a serious person.

portlandon on January 3, 2011 at 4:59 PM

You mean these tea leaves?

steebo77 on January 3, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Oops. Yes, those.

OhioCoastie on January 3, 2011 at 5:02 PM

No, (I am not ready for President Huntsman) and neither are 99% of the U.S. voters, but I bet AllahPundit has wet dreams just thinking about the possibility – a Republican to the left of Romney.

bw222 on January 3, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Sorry, he looks like a cross between Harry Hamlin and Bob Barker.

BobMbx on January 3, 2011 at 5:03 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Very quiet in my neck of the woods. Almost too quiet.

Knucklehead on January 3, 2011 at 5:04 PM

LastRick on January 3, 2011 at 4:58 PM

I agree 100%, although while I believe Mormons believe Jesus Christ came to the United States, it was the angel Moroni told Joseph Smith where he should dig for the Golden Tablets. I’m not a Mormon though, everything I know about the Church of LDS I know from my Mormon friends and that one South Park episode (honestly, mostly from the South Park episode).

Still, I think it’s too bad. Every single Mormon I’ve met has been an honest, hardworking, decent person. The fact they don’t drink coffee is a little disturbing but I don’t eat cheeseburgers on Fridays. We all have our minor eccentricities. I don’t think Mormons should have their faith held against them any more than anyone else should. How you govern and how/whether you choose to worship are entirely separate issues.

Proud Rino on January 3, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Bring it on!!!

One more squish for Palin to squash.

chief on January 3, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Post of the day.

bw222 on January 3, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Huntsman is not a serious person.

portlandon on January 3, 2011 at 4:59 PM

I also question his ability to learn, or his intellectual curiosity, or something. He is a high school dropout, after all. And he went to TWO WHOLE colleges before he was able to complete his bachelor’s degree. What an intellectual lightweight!

steebo77 on January 3, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Hey, my wife is from Iowa (CR) so sure!

You don’t even try.

karl9000 on January 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I’m from CR Iowa too!! and I also don’t know WTH a “Utahn” is or how you pronounce that. I did go to publik skoo though..

ted c on January 3, 2011 at 5:09 PM

steebo77 on January 3, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Also, Huntsman QUIT HALF WAY THROUGH HIS TERM.

portlandon on January 3, 2011 at 5:16 PM

ted c on January 3, 2011 at 5:09 PM

I knew how to pronounce it-then again…my mother’s from Pittsburgh.
I’m used to hearing ‘interesting’ things done to the English language.
(Next time Newt’s on the tube, listen to how he pronounces ‘Washington’. His accent is CLASSIC PA.)

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2011 at 5:16 PM

So NO! I’m not ready for this idiot to be President.

capejasmine on January 3, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Agreed, not a conservative, -but being pro-cap and trade is also a sign of stupidity, and after the Bamster we don’t need another dimwit in the White House.

slickwillie2001 on January 3, 2011 at 5:21 PM

ted c on January 3, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Her maiden name was Sundberg, on the off chance you may know her.

OK, here’s how to pronounce it: You-TAW-in

WHAT we are is a little more difficult….

karl9000 on January 3, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Also, Huntsman QUIT HALF WAY THROUGH HIS TERM.

portlandon on January 3, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Talk about shooting himself in the foot. If he really wanted to be president someday, he should have finished out at least one term and read some books about things like Conservative principles and spoken out about things like policy issues and done interviews with people like hard-hitting JournoLists. Or something.

steebo77 on January 3, 2011 at 5:28 PM

here’s the ticket:

huntsman-frum.

yeah, right.

reliapundit on January 3, 2011 at 5:28 PM

despite being more centrist on social issues than many Utahns

is that for real? Utahns? is AP makin’ shizzat up tonight?

ted c on January 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM

I thought it was Utahpians.

But…but…he’s got impeccable posture!!!

Fortunata on January 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM

If you have impeccable posture it’s impossible for poultry to penetrate the peck zone.

BL@KBIRD on January 3, 2011 at 5:32 PM

One word: mormon.

skanter on January 3, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I’m sure since we’ve never heard of him, he stands a great chance of winning…Give me DeMint, Jindal, or Palin any day!

theaddora on January 3, 2011 at 5:35 PM

What a joke. But expect more mountebanks and bad ideas, as well as increasingly flailing attacks against real deals, to come our way. The elites are getting scared now. Denial only works for so long.

rrpjr on January 3, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Also, Huntsman QUIT HALF WAY THROUGH HIS TERM.

portlandon on January 3, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Gee, where have we heard that before?

churchill995 on January 3, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Negatori.

Coronagold on January 3, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Draft Bobby Jindal. If I have to vote for a competent executive type, he’s the most conservative among the 2012 possibilities and I think he can be persuaded to run.

Terrie on January 3, 2011 at 5:51 PM

That dog won’t Huntsman.

Mr. D on January 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Close the thread, we have a winna!

gary4205 on January 3, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Are you ready for President Huntsman?

No. Not me, and not anyone else. Besides being a national nobody, he’s a liberal squish.

Jaibones on January 3, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Terrie on January 3, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Ya know, I just looove Jindal’s humongous, sexy…mind.
*smiles*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 3, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Huntsman has supported amnesty for illegals, and cap and trade.

Next.

AZCoyote on January 3, 2011 at 5:56 PM

“…a competent, wonkish, pragmatic, centrist heartland governor who’s more interested in solving fiscal problems than fighting culture wars…”

Some Chamberlain-esque Candy-Ass RINO blogger

Allah moves left and right more often than Democrat House Rep in a red state. Post-election, he has moved wildly left … again.

Jaibones on January 3, 2011 at 5:56 PM

BL@KBIRD on January 3, 2011 at 5:32 PM

hehehehe! and from the blackbird no less….perfect.

ted c on January 3, 2011 at 5:57 PM

CCRWM on January 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Yeah, good luck with that too!

Palin is going to be the nominee and our next President. The bunch of losers being trotted would make a good substitute for the bar scene in Star Wars!

There is no other potential candidate that has the leadership skills, the battle hardened skills, and the time honored solutions needs to fix this mess.

The soon everyone stops being silly, and gets behind Palin, the quicker we can end the Obama regime for good.

gary4205 on January 3, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Three threads from the exact same article. Talk about beating a dead horse.

Knucklehead on January 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Yeah, but he’s “a competent, wonkish, pragmatic, centrist heartland governor who’s more interested in solving fiscal problems than fighting culture wars”, and that’s got to be worth three or four threads in two days!

Jaibones on January 3, 2011 at 6:00 PM

RBMN on January 3, 2011 at 4:25 PM

I honestly fear those orders will start coming right after the 2012 elections turn into a total clustarfark.

Dark-Star on January 3, 2011 at 6:01 PM

This guy has been running for President since the instant he realized that Daddy was so rich he’d never have to work a day in his life.

Jaibones on January 3, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Jaibones on January 3, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Really? I think he’s just a contrarian looking to boost traffic, ruffle feathers, and fight off the boredom of living at Hot Air 24/7.

Terrie on January 3, 2011 at 6:04 PM