NFL week 17 open thread

posted at 10:00 am on January 2, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

The Pittsburgh Steelers’ road to a first-round bye in the playoffs runs through Cleveland.  All they have to do is win today’s game against the rival Browns to win the division and get a week to heal before their first playoff game.  The Browns aren’t pushovers, even if they do have a 3-4 home record this season.  They’ll want to get the satisfaction of knocking the Steelers out of the division title and force them to start their playoffs next week on the road.  However, the Steelers have been tough to beat on the road (6-1), and no one expects them to have a letdown against Cleveland.  Steelers over Browns, 27-14.

As is the case every season, the final week is chock full of playoff implications.  Last week, I went 4-3 to take my season to 61-38, matching the number of correct predictions from last season.  Today I’ll focus on critical games for playoff considerations:

• Buccaneers at Saints – Tampa Bay is 5-2 on the road, and New Orleans is 5-2 at home.  New Orleans needs to win and hope the Falcons lose in order to win the NFC South and get a first round bye, but they’re already in the playoffs.  The Bucs need a win and a whole lot of help to get in.  I think the Buccaneers will be watching the playoffs from home this year after a valiant effort; the Saints should be able to take care of business by beating Tampa Bay 31-21.
  • Bengals at Ravens – Cincinnati just broke a 10-game losing streak with two straight wins over Cleveland and San Diego at home, but they’re going on the road against Baltimore, who has to win to keep pressure on the Steelers for that division title.  I’d love to see the Ravens lose, but it ain’t likely.  Ravens over Bengals, 24-13.
  • Bears at Packers – Da Bears are already in the playoffs and already have a first-round bye.  They can clinch home-field advantage with a win at Green Bay and some help, but don’t expect the Pack to cooperate.  Green Bay can get into the playoffs on their own steam with a win today; otherwise, they need a lot of help.  Aaron Rodgers takes care of business at home; Pack over Bears, 27-20.
  • Giants at Redskins – Two weeks ago, this would have been considered a walkover.  Now New York needs help even if they manage to win, and after the last two weeks, it’s hard to imagine they will.  Fortunately, they’re about to meet the one team even more dysfunctional than they are.  However, Giants have lost two key players, Hakeem Nicks and center Shaun O’Hara for the game, and perhaps even Shanahan’s BasketCaseSkins might pull an upset.  If the Packers win, though, it will be moot either way.  Giants will find a way to win it ugly, 20-17.
  • Rams at Seahawks – The winner of this game will either be the first 8-8 playoff team in several years, or the first team with a losing record to ever make the playoffs in a non-strike year, respectively.  Seattle will play at home where they’ve done well (4-3), while the Rams play poorly on the road (2-5).  Seattle started off the season 4-2 and have gone 2-7 since; St. Louis has won three of their last five, including their previous two road games in Denver and Arizona.  Expect the Rams to rescue the NFL’s reputation and win this one to go 8-8 and win the NFC West, 24-21, perhaps by more if Matt Hasselbeck doesn’t play for Seattle.
  • Titans at Colts – It’s hard to believe that Peyton Manning has to take it to the last game of the season to get into the playoffs, but here we are.  Indy controls its destiny; a win here clinches the AFC South.  If Indy loses, Jacksonville still has to win their game against the Texans to win the division, but with Maurice Jones-Drew out for the Jags, that’s not terribly likely.  Indy should take care of business at home against the 6-9 Titans, who are 3-4 on the road.  Colts over Titans, 31-20.

Comments

last week…

the stillers will beat the browns, no worries…

cmsinaz on January 2, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Go Steelers!!!

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 10:04 AM

The Steelers have a date with destiny alright …

Losing at Foxboro in the AFC championship game if they’re fortunate enough to get past the Jets or Indy …

IrishSamurai on January 2, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Da Bears.

B Man on January 2, 2011 at 10:08 AM

ZZZZZZ….Have tried, but I can’t understand why there’s any interest in this topic other than need of watercooler talk. Have fun, though.

Click on January 2, 2011 at 10:11 AM

wonder why the Shanahans have created so much drama at Washington? I mean, they could have kept their mouths shut to promote harmony.

kelley in virginia on January 2, 2011 at 10:19 AM

A tad late on this one, but I sent along a Merry Christmas greeting from the Steelers to Ed. You all might enjoy it, too.

Don’t quit your day jobs guys. :-)

onlineanalyst on January 2, 2011 at 10:19 AM

is Michael Vick out for the whole game against Dallas today?

kelley in virginia on January 2, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Oh, please, the Redskins couldn’t beat the Bayside Marching Marlins.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Go Stillers!

Philly on January 2, 2011 at 10:24 AM

I don’t care if people scoff. The Seahawks could be the first team to get in the playoffs with a losing record and then win their first playoff game at home! Hey, it could happen if the good Seahawks show up. You know the 12th Man will be there!

LET’S GO SEAHAWKS!

Ordinary1 on January 2, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Click on January 2, 2011 at 10:11 AM

But I notice that you had enough interest to indulge in the time-honored strategy of making yourself feel superior by telling everyone just how little interest you have in this subject.

Wow, you’re rilly kewl, dude. All of us wish we could be you. Hope that makes your weekend.

Ed Morrissey on January 2, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Ehh, the Jaguars threw in the towel after they lost to the Colts a few weeks ago. Losing to the lowly Redskins last week just drove the stake a little deeper. Garrard is on IR now and, like Ed said, MJD is out again today.

I hate being one of those fans who calls for a coach’s head after a bad season, but I have to say I hope this is Jack Del Rio’s last game as Jags HC. He’s had eight years and numerous opportunities to make his mark on this team, but he just hasn’t. They are as bland, generic and unimpressive a team as there is in the NFL.

Poor Tom Coughlin got run out of town on a rail after eight seasons here, and he had the Jags in the AFC championship twice in their first five years of existence. Jack Del Rio has won a total of one playoff game in his eight years. The Jaguars need new blood now much more than they did then.

Oh, please, the Redskins couldn’t beat the Bayside Marching Marlins.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2011 at 10:24 AM

See above.

mikefln on January 2, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Hey Ed, love the snark, now if we could get a nascar thread on race weekends, that would be kewl too.

I almost had a heart attack when I came to hotair today. Out of the corner of my eye, there were “scissors” pretending to cut out a coupon for that progressive ad at the top of the page. It looked like an ugly bug out of the corner of my eye running across my laptop screen. I almost chucked the laptop across the room, I was startled. ACK!!

Anyway, have a happy new year everyone. I am in Puerto Rico today docked with the cruise ship, thus have my AT&T service on a stick, no more 40 cents a minute for internet via the ship ISP. Now I can catch up on the threads I have wanted to read at Hot Air.

karenhasfreedom on January 2, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Ed Morrissey on January 2, 2011 at 10:34 AM

LOL… I have been so wrong with my predictions this NFL season, I’m almost shamed into submission. I picked San Diego to win the super bowl. However, I will enjoy the NFL games on TV today while putting away Christmas. I sure enjoyed the college bowl games yesterday, especially the Rose Bowl.

Keemo on January 2, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Hey HotAir football fans, forgive the side question here.

I often see people refer to a comment throad for the headlines. Where is this headline comment thread? I am not sure I have ever found that thread, or maybe I am missing what they really mean. Thanks

karenhasfreedom on January 2, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Bear down, Chicago Bears. Pound Rogers into the turf and make the statue of Lombardi weep tiny bronze tears.

Extrafishy on January 2, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Roll Tide. Oh wait…

============================================================

Has anyone seen AllahP. since New Year’s Eve, and more importantly, are there any Japanese robots missing?

hillbillyjim on January 2, 2011 at 10:45 AM

hail to the redskins.

its hard to say.

kelley in virginia on January 2, 2011 at 10:46 AM

karenhasfreedom on January 2, 2011 at 10:41 AM

You have to click on the numbers out to the right of the individual headlines for the comment threads.

hillbillyjim on January 2, 2011 at 10:47 AM

mikefln on January 2, 2011 at 10:35 AM

For all intents and purposes I live in Jacksonville. I just don’t think they have the money and this recession has helped either. I know they “try” for parity in the teams but I worrying about black outs every week isn’t a good sign. I struggled through the years when Washington couldn’t win but they still had a fawning loyal fan base. I think football is just in transition and no one knows how it’s going to end up. Remember the days when players would stay with a team? Maybe that doesn’t have anything to do with it but I just can’t get excited about them anymore.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Several weeks ago I thought the Colts were toast. Now they are win and you’re in. I don’t expect them to go far, unfortunately. Too many aches and pains.

predator on January 2, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Ed Morrissey on January 2, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Zing! Since my Broncos had a stinky year I guess I don’t know who to root for.

scalleywag on January 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM

but I just can’t get excited about them anymore.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM

If they do a stoppage next year they’re likely to lose a fan–me. I quit Major League Baseball in ’94 due to their strike. I’ll likely do the same here. There are other things.

predator on January 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM

The Steelers have a date with destiny alright …

IrishSamurai on January 2, 2011 at 10:07 AM

What is that saying about counting your chickens?

Bet you counted the Steelers out several years ago when they were the wild card and ran the table ON THE ROAD.

Also, I bet you enjoyed the Giants beating the anointed ones several years ago when they were 16-0.

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 10:57 AM

karenhasfreedom on January 2, 2011 at 10:38 AM

How about a golf thread or a soccer thread?/

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Anybody know who plays the Sunday Night game?

predator on January 2, 2011 at 11:00 AM

How about a golf thread or a soccer thread?/

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 11:00 AM

I’m with ya on the first part, but I’ll pass on the soccer. Now horse racing, I could handle a Derby Trail type of thread.

predator on January 2, 2011 at 11:01 AM

predator on January 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Agreed, they aren’t necessary. It really is weird because I want them to make as much as they can in the free market and their careers are short for the most part but I think we have gotten off track. Most of them got a “free” education because of football but that doesn’t seem to count for anything anymore. I guess I just expected them to take the NFL earnings combined with their degree and have a comfortable life. A co-worker told me a few weeks ago that the players have terrible health insurance. Well I don’t believe that and I also think that people making that much money have a responsibility to to fill in any gaps they find with their own dime.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Ed Morrissey on January 2, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Most excellent snark, dude!!!

ladyingray on January 2, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Predator: Rams V. Seahawks

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Predator: Due to divisional records if the Seahawks win they will be 7-9 and the divisional champs.

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 11:06 AM

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 10:57 AM

That very rarely happens, though-the playoff record of NFL wild card teams on the road has historically been abysmal. You guys just got lucky!

/s

PS, the Patriots were the first-ever Wild Card team to win 3 games on the road. That was all Raymond Berry’s fault, no Bill Belichick involved!

Del Dolemonte on January 2, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladyingray on January 2, 2011 at 11:09 AM

CW,
Thanks. The local paper was listing that one as a late afternoon game, with the night game designated as TBA.

Cindy,
I’ve heard some talk about the league insurance not being all that good. But I have to agree with you about them buying their own. With the money they make, there is no excuse, barring some kind of stupid league rule, for them not to have good med insurance policies. Bret “check out my junk” Favre makes $11K a minute when he plays. And he can’t buy some decent insurance?

predator on January 2, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Click on January 2, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Commie bastage.

Anyhoo…Jets over Buffalo 24-7 me thinks. Go GREEN! As for the wildcard picture, I’d love to see Jets/Chiefs.

JetBoy on January 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Pineapple Guy: you enjoyed that Giants win right? Hope you didn’t bet the trailer./

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Yep. Knew that. A real power house division, no?

predator on January 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM

predator on January 2, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Considering the nature of their profession, if they have poor insurance I don’t think much of their union. I guess they are like every other liberal group, get as much as you can up front, tomorrow will take care of itself.

Cindy Munford on January 2, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Hey, sports fans! While many of you are following teams into the playoffs, We Houston Fans are anxious to see what new and creative surprise the Texans will spring on us to lose this game to division rival Jacksonville! Last time we played them, you’ll remember, was their Hail Mary on the last play of the game our vaunted Defense tipped to them in the end zone! We’ve lost 9 of the last 10 games and the way we lose is exciting! Last week we launched Tim Tebow’s NFL career by blowing a 17 point lead in the 2nd half! A 23-10 lead in the 4th Qtr!
And to top it all off, we’re awaiting,with bated breath, owner Bob McNair’s expected announcement that Gary Kubiak will be the 2nd Head Coach since the 1970 merger to return to coach after 5 years with no playoff appearances and only 1 winning season (9-7)!

cartooner on January 2, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Click on January 2, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Ed Morrissey on January 2, 2011 at 10:34 AM

And Ed delivers the first Snark Attack of the New Year! Way to go Ed!

catmman on January 2, 2011 at 11:27 AM

As to a NASCAR thread, here ya go:

“They’re turning left! And they hit the straightaway….

Look! They’re turning left again!”

I kid, I kid…

but not really.

catmman on January 2, 2011 at 11:29 AM

catmman on January 2, 2011 at 11:29 AM

I live in the heart of NASCAR country, and I can’t watch either!!!

“Bristol. It’s the way racin’ oughta be.”

ladyingray on January 2, 2011 at 11:34 AM

As to a NASCAR thread, here ya go:

“They’re turning left! And they hit the straightaway….

Look! They’re turning left again!”

NASCAR needs to be raced with “James Bond” kind of cars…with machine guns and wheel cutters in them. Now that I would watch.

JetBoy on January 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM

JetBoy on January 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM

HA! This!

catmman on January 2, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Packers win and become the team no one wants to see in the playoffs.

Mr. D on January 2, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Since my Broncos have had they’re worst year since the 16 game schedule started, I’ll go back to my first football team…GO BEARS drop kick the baysiders out of the playoff!

Fynxbell on January 2, 2011 at 11:48 AM

A Saints win coupled with a Falcons loss means New Orleans not only gets the division title, but also home field advantage throughout the playoff.

Kermit on January 2, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Also “chock full of rookies” could be on the field:

9. Finishing the season with backups and rookies: At least 13 backups or rookie quarterbacks could start in the season finale.

Since I no longer have a dog in the hunt, good luck to the Steelmen today in their quest. However, my prediction for the Superbowl—-Patriots vs. Falcons

Rovin on January 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM

I hope the Eagles lose – simply on general principles.

I hope the Redskins and Giants both lose – because they both suck.

I hope the Steelers lose – because I think at a certain point, you’ve won enough Super Bowls. :)

I hope the Packers lose because they have green in their uniforms – like the Eagles.

I hope the Bengals lose because there needs to be some further ego deflation in that neck of the woods.

I hope the Seahawks win because, let’s be honest, it would be awesome to see the team with the worst jerseys and logo in the NFL in the Superbowl.

And I hope the Saints lose because, frankly, I’m sick and tired of hearing about how New Orleans has bounced back from Katrina. Seriously, every frickin football game? And don’t you think some of the players are tired of having all of their success couched with a reference to Katrina?

catmman on January 2, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Favre gets sidelined for today’s game lol

JetBoy on January 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Welker and Branch inactive today for the Patriots.

technopeasant on January 2, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Come on Cleveland Browns, let’s see an underdog upset against the Steelers!

(Please for the love of God and all things Holy and Sacred, particularly to us Raven Fans, beat the Steelers. I don’t want to hear my boss, who is a Steelers fan be bragging all week at work about how the Steelers have an easy ride going into the play offs. It is a crime against nature for there to be a bragging Steelers fan here in Raven’s territory! If you do so, we will bow down to you, and apologize for taking your team back in ’95…. even though we did turn them into Superbowl Champions within 5 years. JUST BEAT THE STEELERS!!!)

/fanrage off

Razgriez on January 2, 2011 at 12:28 PM

I’m sure you would like to see the Ravens lose, Ed, but win or lose, it really doesn’t matter. The Steelers. have got a bye and a home game (which may not be all that much of an advantage, by the way) to lose. We’re both in -your Steelers and my Ravens- and a six seed vs. a five for the Ravens will get us KC in lieu of Indy; not such a bad thing.

Of course, if Troy sits this one out and Ben looks down the wrong side of that nose, you guys could end up in Indy while we sit and rest.

No pressure though… ;-)

BKeyser on January 2, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Favre gets sidelined for today’s game lol

JetBoy on January 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM

The Bears’ check from Mr. Jane Skinner for dealing with the Sterger affair is in the mail. Fortunately, it will get intercepted, just like Cutler will be early, late and often today.

Go Pack Go!

steveegg on January 2, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Go Colts!

cs89 on January 2, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I hope your steal ers get their butts wiped by the Browns! Go Ravens!

wepeople on January 2, 2011 at 12:51 PM

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Hey, they would probably have won that game, had they cheated :-)

Getting back to the Patriots being the first-ever team to win 3 playoff games on the road, I challenge anyone to name a team who would have done any better in that year’s Super Bowl against the NFC opponent. I doubt even the Montana 49ers or Bradshaw Steelers could have beaten Da Bearz that year.

Del Dolemonte on January 2, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Kermit on January 2, 2011 at 11:56 AM

I would love to see that happen, but seriously doubt it will. Atlanta is playing a terrible team that has already sacked their head coach-so they probably won’t provide any opposition. And the Saints are still missing some of their best players, like RB Pierre Thomas.

Del Dolemonte on January 2, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Pittsburgh playing Cleveland is almost better than playing Cincinnati. I have family in both places, and it is unbridled smack-talking the saturday before the games.

Go Steelers!

Bigurn on January 2, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Razgriez on January 2, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Sorry. Won’t happen.

ladyingray on January 2, 2011 at 1:28 PM

That distinction belongs to the Miami Dolphins. That uniform intimidates NOBODY.

LimaLimaMikeFoxtrot on January 2, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Kermit on January 2, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Not gonna happen. Atl 21 Carolina 0 at the half
Unless Atl throws it away, which they’ve been known to do.

Go Falcons!!!

odat on January 2, 2011 at 3:07 PM

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I especially liked that Superbowl where the refs stole a trophy from Seattle to make the Rooney’s happy …

Casual fan who doesn’t have a dog in the fight, but know a bit about the game and the way the Patriots are donkeystomping teams, the only time they’ll be challenged is in the Super Bowl when Rodgers is QB’ing the Packers …

-Irish

IrishSamurai on January 2, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Saints have been struggling and are down 20-13 with just under 8 minutes to go-Brees has been pulled for Chase Daniel, whose first play in the NFL was a completed 7 yard pass.

Del Dolemonte on January 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Only one way to describe the Raven’s win

U-G-L-Y

But it was a win.

JohnnyD on January 2, 2011 at 4:06 PM

-Irish

IrishSamurai on January 2, 2011 at 3:10 PM

What the Patriots have done against the league’s top-10 scoring defenses in the past 10 weeks (these are the 6 teams they have played)

Rank Team Avg. vs. Pats

1 Pittsburgh 14.9 39
2 Green Bay 15.8 31
4 Chicago 18.4 36
8 San Diego 19.6 23
9 Miami 19.7 38
10 NY Jets 19.8 45

Del Dolemonte on January 2, 2011 at 4:06 PM

TB stays alive by beating NO 23-13. New Orleans lost some key players early in the game so had their work cut out for them from the get go.

Del Dolemonte on January 2, 2011 at 4:07 PM

come on cards…let’s get a w today…

cmsinaz on January 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

It appears that when Atlanta took that 21 point lead, the Saints began just going through the motions.

It sure seems that like the SEC is the toughest conference in college football, the NFC South is the toughest in the NFL, with Atlanta, New Orleans & Tampa, and even with poor old Carolina.

Kermit on January 2, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Well, just logged on and Packers QB Rodgers threw an interception for a nice run back.

Good gracious, if they lose half of Wisconsin will be miserable until the pre-season in August…

englishqueen01 on January 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I love my Packers, but they need some quality time with a team psychiatrist.

This should have been their day. I don’t think they want to win.

capitalist piglet on January 2, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Steelers are gonna get worked by the Ravens in week 2

The Notorious G.O.P on January 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM

The Browns should be embarrassed by their performance today. What losers. Heads should roll.

On the other hand, Tampa Bay showed a lot of heart in a great win. Shame their 10 wins didn’t get them into the playoffs.

WannabeAnglican on January 2, 2011 at 8:25 PM

LET’S GO SEAHAWKS!

Ordinary1 on January 2, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Yep!. I would agree. Doesn’t matter what your record is as long as you make the playoffs….

hawkman on January 2, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Kermit on January 2, 2011 at 5:48 PM

I am still a little skeptical about Atlanta’s playoff chances this year-their regular-season schedule was easier than the Saints’ schedule, for sure. And while Matt Ryan has had a career year, he’s still relatively untested in big playoff games. Brees, on the other hand, has been to the NFC Championship game twice in 4 years.

Gotta give props to Tampa Bay, though-they managed a complete turnaround from their 3-13 season last year. Their coach looks like he’s in 8th grade, he’s so young. And he is coaching the youngest team in the NFL so they can only get better.

Now, should the Saints fans cheer for the Rams or the Seahawks tonight? The Saints will play the winner of this game next Saturday at 4:40 PM.

FYI the Saints beat them both in the regular season.

Del Dolemonte on January 2, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Irish you keep telling yourself those things whack job. You loser haters are something.

No pressure though… ;-)

BKeyser on January 2, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Oops none at all :)

Yeh the Ravens are gonna just kill the Steelers …except for the fact that they barely beat em without Ben and then lost with Ben. Ha idiots.

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 8:59 PM

IrishSamurai on January 2, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I love aholes like yourself that only see the calls or non-calls that go one way and not the other. How typical …yep casual that is right. Grow up.

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Irish- oh yeh I forgot to ask: Show me one piece of proof..just one. You know you don’t have it . Just like most punk bitc*hes like yourself you have nothing. Nada and you know it. You just feel better going around making such charges.

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Irish— funny too that the Pats were stomping people when they were 16-0 – I hope you did not bet the trailer. You really don’t comprehend ideas well now do you? Oh and when you find that email, letter, or proof that the NFL gave that game you let me know. Til than STFU.

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 9:09 PM

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 9:09 PM

“The NFL destroyed the evidence.”

Del Dolemonte on January 2, 2011 at 10:47 PM

GEAUX, SAINTS!

TWO DAT!

Christien on January 3, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Well so much for cheering for the Browns, seeing as they were pretty much just run over by the Steelers…

Meanwhile… Ed, you nearly got your wish… Raven’s nearly lost in the final 30 seconds, courtesy of the sloppy job of the Raven’s non-existent offense. It’s a major embarrassment to a team, when the defense puts in 120% effort, and works overtime in 4qtrs of over 70-80+ plays, pulls off Red/end zone interceptions, and stops 4th and 1 rushes in their tracks for a turn over, and the offense returns the favor by only staying out for 4 plays in row that includes Incomplete pass, A sack/short pass behind the line of scrimmage for a loss of yards, a meager 3 yard gain, and a punt.

Flaco and the offense, need to fix the problems, or the Raven’s won’t make it far in the play offs.

Razgriez on January 3, 2011 at 5:14 AM

CWforFreedom on January 2, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Lemme help wit dat…

Ref admits blown calls that impacted game…

Shepherd Lover on January 3, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Why do I hear crickets chirping?

Was it from the last post?

Anyhoo, I see where Non-genius Man was fired by the Cleveland Browns this morning.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!