Hot Air’s top 10 most commented posts in 2010

posted at 11:24 am on January 1, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

Over the last week, I reviewed the 50 most viewed posts in 2010 for Hot Air — but which got the most comments?  Just before imbibing prodigious amounts of alcohol, pita chips, and those weird hors d’oeuvres that people carry on platters at New Year’s Eve parties, our technical wizards and web masters produced one last list for 2010 — the ten most commented posts at Hot Air.  The two lists don’t exactly match up, as you’ll see:

And the #1 most commented post at Hot Air in 2010 is …

• #1: Open thread: Obama health-care summit;Update: Video link added – And it wasn’t even close.  This post got 5,355 comments, 60% more than its closest competitor.  It had everything: a poll, some video, and an hours-long event with so much obvious spin and hypocrisy that it’s a wonder the site stayed up during the event.  The poll results showed 47% of respondents had it pegged – the “summit” changed absolutely nothing about the bill.

Comments

Prediction: this year’s most commented post will involve a politician or something.

Akzed on January 1, 2011 at 11:29 AM

This was one of those posts that had a roller coaster of emotions. Highs, lows, suspense, terror, and anger.

(And, it was an Ed Morrissey post! You win Ed!)

portlandon on January 1, 2011 at 11:30 AM

I really need to work on my reading for comprehension. I thought we did the top ten yesterday. These were all great and so much fun.

Cindy Munford on January 1, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Thanks Ed for all your great posts. And I’ll thank AP in a whisper when he recovers from last night.

I learn quite a bit from the high signal/noise posters here. They add the extra spice that makes HA my favorite web destination.

Great comments on this post but only 8 pages of comments.

NaCly dog on January 1, 2011 at 11:38 AM

I predict we will not miss Stretch Pelosi’s blinking and jumping up and down while clapping like a seal on uppers at the SOTU address this year.

50sGuy on January 1, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I hope there’s no more server crashes over Scott Brown again, after he lied about his DADT position. I’m hoping he’s toast in 2012. All the time, money and comments wasted because in the end, we got Martha Coakley lite.

Happy New Year all. It’s so nice to wake up and remember where your car is parked and not have a hangover.

TxAnn56 on January 1, 2011 at 11:44 AM

I love my Hot Air!!!!

ladyingray on January 1, 2011 at 11:45 AM

I predict we will not miss Stretch Pelosi’s blinking and jumping up and down while clapping like a seal HACK-IN-THE-BOX on uppers at the SOTU address this year.

50sGuy on January 1, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Props to Dennis Miller; I stole his line…

Khun Joe on January 1, 2011 at 11:49 AM

And I’ll thank AP in a whisper when he recovers from last night.

NaCly dog on January 1, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Made me think of this.

Fallon on January 1, 2011 at 11:54 AM

…it opened our eyes…

Yeah that was gonna be a problem.

Props to HA for staying on top of the traffic curve!

eyesky on January 1, 2011 at 11:57 AM

WOW. The Potus thread wins.

BARACK OBAMA 2012!

The change you that can never believe in!

TheAlamos on January 1, 2011 at 12:03 PM

50sGuy on January 1, 2011 at 11:39 AM

This comparison is very insulting – to the seal.
Happy New Year, all!

Dopenstrange on January 1, 2011 at 12:03 PM

NaCly dog on January 1, 2011 at 11:38 AM

I had forgotten that, I wasn’t talented enough to come with anything but I sure enjoyed reading it. Smart and witty folks here.

Cindy Munford on January 1, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Three out of the top ten are about teh homos — now we know why Allahpundit is always posting about teh gays.

American Elephant on January 1, 2011 at 12:07 PM

American Elephant on January 1, 2011 at 12:07 PM

He admits (tongue in cheek) to being a comment whore. Or maybe he takes the insults directed at him (cocktail party Rino) by his fans and runs with it. I’m never quite sure.

Cindy Munford on January 1, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I love my Hot Air!!!!

ladyingray on January 1, 2011 at 11:45 AM

yes indeedy!!!!!

cmsinaz on January 1, 2011 at 12:35 PM

•#1: Open thread: Obama health-care summit;Update: Video link added – And it wasn’t even close. This post got 5,355 comments,

wow!

dear leader being his most sarcastic self,talking down the gop like they were 2 year olds…
ahhhh memories

cmsinaz on January 1, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Happy New Year Ed, Allahpundit and all the commenters & readers!

rbj on January 1, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Happy New Year!

HotAir is the first place I go to every day to find out what’s going on in the world. I love the fact that it always has lots of posts on different subjects throughout the day that are infused with plenty of sarcastic humor. To me, the writers and readers of HotAir represent an emerging grassroots movement of modern day Conservatives in the internet age who are as fair and objective as they are determined to fight for their beliefs.

I look forward to our continuing emporwerment over the course of this new decade.

Early last evening I had an unpleasant experience at a Greek market here in Queens, NY. I started a friendly conversation inquiring if Greeks celebrate Xmas on the same day as Catholics and Protestants, because I know that the Greek Easter is different. It’s a family business, and there’s one guy who’s a part owner who doesn’t actually work there. He’s an attorney who just hangs out there once in a while. So we start having a friendly conversation about religion and the differences between Chritianity and Judaism. At a certain point I made a very pro-American comment in relation to the idea of the Jews being “a light unto the nations”. I said that I thought that America was a light unto the nations, and that people hate Jews and America for many of the same reasons. He then starts saying that America is the biggest war monger in history. I kept my cool and tried to put an end to the conversation. Then he said that the only reason we invaded Iraq and have an adversarial relationship with Iran is to benefit Israel, because America is controlled by “influential Jews”. At that point, I told him that I wouldn’t be shopping at his store anymore and turned around and walked out.

It’s a great store, and I shopped there often, spending an average of $60 per month. But after all the anti-American and anti-Israel rhetoric coming from the Left after 9/11, I feel that the days of genteel political debates are over. My attitude is “pick a side, damn it”, and be prepared to tell people off when they spout the same Leftist nonsense they’ve been spouting for decades with impunity.

ardenenoch on January 1, 2011 at 12:44 PM

har har har gay marriage/DADT beats Sarah Palin! =]

Jeddite on January 1, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Jeddite on January 1, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Well now that we know it’s a competition, we’ll fix that./

Cindy Munford on January 1, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Cindy Munford on January 1, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I think he’s just a comment whore with a great sense of humor.

American Elephant on January 1, 2011 at 1:42 PM

American Elephant on January 1, 2011 at 1:42 PM

He is, without a doubt, very very funny. I love his writing. Although my favorite is when people chew him out for the QOTD. As we can see, I am easily amused.

Cindy Munford on January 1, 2011 at 1:48 PM

All good posts. I have to wonder though, how many did the “hiking the Appalachian Trail” garner? Seems like we made that a huge thread….and balloon boy was another biggie.

di butler on January 1, 2011 at 2:20 PM

I am blown away that Number One covered 54 pages. Amazing.

Cindy Munford on January 1, 2011 at 5:03 PM

ardenenoch on January 1, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I agree on the choosing sides issue, but you plainly said “It’s a family business, and there’s one guy who’s a part owner who doesn’t actually work there. He’s an attorney who just hangs out there once in a while.”
He is an attorney and that pretty much stipulates that he doesn’t have an original thought in his head. The family is aware that he is the skeleton in the closet. It would be better for you if the Greek family banned you from the market because they find refusing revenue to be the most insane thing to do – it will kill them to take your money.

ericdijon on January 1, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Interesting! I would have figured a Palin post as being #1, or at least in the top three.

Dark-Star on January 2, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Akzed on January 1, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Prediction: this year’s most commented post will involve an obama LIE, an open, public policy FLAT OUT LIE.
This might not be as easy as it sounds, but I think it will win.

shooter on January 2, 2011 at 10:14 PM