Poll: 2010 Obamateurism of the Year Final

posted at 8:05 am on December 31, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

It comes down to these.  Thanks to extensive rounds of voting, we have our Final Four of Obamateurisms this year, and they’re all doozies.  Will it be Barack Obama’s famous finger-wag at the Supreme Court during the State of the Union speech on national television, in which Obama managed to prove he didn’t understand the case nor the ruling?  Making himself into the arbiter of income caps?  Misquoting something as basic as the Declaration of Independence — multiple times?  Or bailing out on his own press conference, leaving Bill Clinton to handle it, in order to attend a Christmas party?

I don’t envy you this choice.  I’d help you make it, but I have to get ready for a New Year’s Eve party, and the First Mate would get angry with me if I left her holding the bag.  Tomorrow, on New Year’s Day, I’ll review the poll results and announce the 2010 OOTY!

Got an  Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me atobamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Leaving Slick Willie alone at the podium will probably be THE moment of his term of office!

Hard to beat…

Khun Joe on December 31, 2010 at 8:08 AM

Dereliction of duty – hands down.

OldEnglish on December 31, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Very, very tough choice. But I chose # 4:

–cluelessness re: how this would look to both Americans and leaders of other countries
–arrogance re: press sycophancy (he knew there wouldn’t be a lot of press blowback)
–incompetence
–obvious fear of his wife’s anger (confirmed off-the-cuff by Clinton)
–laziness
–narcissism
–lack of seriousness re: his job

What’s next, cutting the SOTU short because Malia needs to be tucked into bed?

inviolet on December 31, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Good Gawd its been a year,minus 19 days,that Hopey/Changey
was sworn in twice!!
=======================

Muse – Uprising

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:12 AM

leaving bubba at the podium hands down…

however, the scotus scolding was a close 2nd for me…

cmsinaz on December 31, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Muse – Uprising

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:12 AM

perfect tune my friend! love that song

cmsinaz on December 31, 2010 at 8:15 AM

This is actually an easier choice than I thought it would be.

For me, easily, it’s leaving a press conference…leaving Bill Clinton in charge to be the temporary President… to go to a party.

Nothing encapsulates President Dilettante quite so perfectly as that visual.

powerpro on December 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

I still had to go with the removal of the Creator. That he treated Bill Clinton like any other minion isn’t surprising but that he would fiddle with our foundation is too much for me.

Cindy Munford on December 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

It’s hard to choose, but I think #1 was the worst. Leaving Bill Clinton at the podium was embarassing, but Obama’s always been oblivous and incompetant; something like it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Emily M. on December 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Number four is actually the least offensive, but it is the most symbolic and amusing.

Disturb the Universe on December 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

I had to go with:
“*Obama leaves Clinton in charge at press conference podium,wimpering and complaining that already the party has started without him”

That kind of says it all, a clear admission what Obama’s priorities are and that he is in over his head and hasn’t a clue…..the man is useless without his teleprompters… which begs the question exactly who is making the decisions for President mouthpiece to read to us.

philly_PA on December 31, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Leaving Bubba Ray Bubba at the podium is the hands down choice.

But I still feel coming in a close second was when B.O. let his guard down and revealed his hidden Socialist side with that declaration about making too much money.

If anything said defines B.O. for what he is really all about, it is that statement!

pilamaye on December 31, 2010 at 8:19 AM

If I was to put my finger on it,it would be the
Sexual Predator In Chief,who told the Won,aka
Fence Post Lame Ducky,to run off to help Obama
OMama with the decorations,and quicker the better,
as El Camino Astro-Get-Laid-in-the-back-Turf,didn’t
want to provoke,a, IF LOOKS COULD KILL moment,from
the Better Eat Right CrusaderEtte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Leaving Bubba Ray Bubba

pilamaye on December 31, 2010 at 8:19 AM

pilamaye:Bonus points for creativity,”Ray”,hehe-:)

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:23 AM

I pick #4- it was like something from a SCTV skit.
But you’re missing a wonderfully rich source of comedy from Biden, the king of gaffes. Perhaps a Joe-ke of the Week?
After all, he has kept conservatives in DE laughing for decades!

dinobalz on December 31, 2010 at 8:23 AM

His revelation as to how much money we should be allowed to make and keep. Anything over the amount he thinks is fair, he gets and will use to keep us in our place.

Kissmygrits on December 31, 2010 at 8:23 AM

inviolet on December 31:
“*–obvious fear of his wife’s anger (confirmed off-the-cuff by Clinton)

inviolet’s comment above reminded me of the “Saddleback debate” and the question: As POTUS who would you rely on for advice ? John McCain listed a bunch of experts in various fields. Obama’s reply was “My wife Michelle”.

philly_PA on December 31, 2010 at 8:25 AM

What’s next, cutting the SOTU short because Malia needs to be tucked into bed?

inviolet on December 31, 2010 at 8:11 AM

inviolet:Its 3:00AM,and Malia calls for Daddy,a dream of
Betrayed ZombieObamaVoterBots,with pitchforks and
torches,marching up Pennsylvania Avenue,and she
tells daddy about her nighmare,and then……..:)

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:27 AM

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:12 AM
====================
perfect tune my friend! love that song

cmsinaz on December 31, 2010 at 8:15 AM

cmsinaz:If it wasn’t for Beck,I would never know,heres a
group I stumbled on,a Rock Opera song!:)
===========================================================
The Phantom of the Opera-Nightwish

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:30 AM

philly_PA on December 31, 2010 at 8:25 AM

Speaking of MO; recall that IngSoc (English Socialism) instituted Chocolate rationing. Its in the Novel 1984. Seriously scary.

Geochelone on December 31, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Tough choice for sure… Leaving the horn-dog married to a lezbo Billy Jeff at the podium had to get my final vote. This illustrates the fact that even Obama knows he’s way in over his head so perfectly.

Keemo on December 31, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Well that was an easy final! Besides, I just love exams that don’t have any math questions. In a more serious vein, Teh One’s sauntering out of the presser to attend a party is the most revealing insight we could possibly have into his true character (or lack thereof)

alwyr on December 31, 2010 at 8:32 AM

perfect tune my friend! love that song

cmsinaz on December 31, 2010 at 8:15 AM

cmsinaz:Crap,wrong video,this one!:)
======================================================

Nightwish Phantom of the Opera HD

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Swaggering down the hall to the podium, with Slick Willie in tow, and then stepping into a presser – only to leave Bill speaking FOR him? There’s just no better example of The BHO Amateur Hour. Number four is the priceless definition of incompetence and disrespect.

NumberTwo on December 31, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Good Gawd its been a year,minus 19 days,that Hopey/Changey
was sworn in twice!!

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:12 AM

And that was two times too many.

backwoods conservative on December 31, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Everybody’s voting for the Klinton thing but c’mon, he left out the Creator from the DoI!!!

Tony737 on December 31, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Had it not been for #4 it would be darn tough to pick a winner. The Won has “out done” himself this year!

Goody2Shoes on December 31, 2010 at 8:38 AM

OBAMA QUITS!! BILL CLINTON TAKES OVER THE PRESIDENCY!!

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Tony737 on December 31, 2010 at 8:36 AM

DITTO!

Cindy Munford on December 31, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Nightwish Phantom of the Opera HD

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:34 AM

WOW! what a voice…most excellent…never heard of them before, need to check them out….

Thanks!

cmsinaz on December 31, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Tony737 on December 31, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Tony737: Bill or Hopey,same as Kodos and Kang!:)

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Emily M. on December 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

I have to go with #1 also, because it was a slip that really showed what his true agenda was and that he was a socialist at heart, not that we didn’t already know that.

TxAnn56 on December 31, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Obama Names Bill Clinton to Presidential Post
by Iowahawk

I am sure you all read this funny piece. Note the date it was written, November 24, 2008.

Now that is prescient.

Geochelone on December 31, 2010 at 8:44 AM

I had to go with the scolding to SCOTUS…it shows he has no idea how this republic is supposed to work, as per the US Constitution.

…Billy Jeff is a very close second for me….

ladyingray on December 31, 2010 at 8:45 AM

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:34 AM
=============

Thanks!

cmsinaz on December 31, 2010 at 8:43 AM

cmsinaz:Yup,blew my mind,hehe:)

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Tony737 on December 31, 2010 at 8:36 AM

i think the bubba pick encompasses all the other choices…he just DOESN’T care…

cmsinaz on December 31, 2010 at 8:46 AM

For my next trick, in the next SOTU speech I’m gonna tick off the SC, Congress, the American people, China, and Moochelle. It will be unprecedented.

Be sure to tune in.

Thanks for all the voting fun Ed.

GnuBreed on December 31, 2010 at 8:46 AM

cmsinaz:Yup,blew my mind,hehe:)

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:46 AM

indeed

cmsinaz on December 31, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Tony737 on December 31, 2010 at 8:36 AM

DITTO!

Cindy Munford on December 31, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Ditto!…..

donh525 on December 31, 2010 at 8:48 AM

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Can – I assume you’ve got New Year’s Eve related movie clips and song links lined up for this evening? :-)

TxAnn56 on December 31, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Emily M. on December 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Emily M:For a young’n,yuo nailed that well,hope your school
ing is going A-okay!:)

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:48 AM

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:43 AM
==============================

TxAnn56 on December 31, 2010 at 8:48 AM

TxAnn56:Yes,there deeply imprinted into my memory banks:)

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:50 AM

The SCOTUS denunciation was part of an attempt to muzzle free speech. That is worse than ignorance about the actual effect of the ruling. I think Obama knew quite well that foreign money was still banned; but he figured he could get a groundswell to cut off funding for alternative sources of information through a disinformation campaign that the regular media would not call him on because they wanted to get back their monopoly of the news. In truth as the fairness act and the recent regulatory effort against the internet show, he has not given up on his idea of being able to eliminate news sources that do not toe a pro administration line ala Hugo Chaves. The freedom of information is essential to democracy. If he could get around that freedom and control the things people know, he could get a 70 % approval rate like Putin does in Russia by not allowing places like Hot Air to function.

He also showed contempt for the Supreme Court and its legitimate role as well as for the truth; not to mention the gullibility of the public to notice. Leaving Clinton to prattle on could have just been a spontaneous thing. The SOTU speech is honed and reviewed many times by numerous people. That was not a one time deal. It was a considered effort and thus more revealing.

KW64 on December 31, 2010 at 8:50 AM

I chose the money. I think that his comments about you’ve made enough money hits the heart of his philosophy. He hates the successful and feels the need to cut down the great…especially when it comes to his own country.

search4truth on December 31, 2010 at 8:52 AM

3 for me.

Very dangerous.

ted c on December 31, 2010 at 8:52 AM

3 for me.

Very dangerous.

ted c on December 31, 2010 at 8:52 AM

ted c:Goodmorning Ted,Geochelone was asking about you!:)

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Again, it comes down to how you define Obamateurism. If it’s amateur hour at the White House you are looking for…the Billy Jeff moment wins. The other examples are more chilling revelations of the tyrant behind the mask.

Disturb the Universe on December 31, 2010 at 8:55 AM

ted c:Goodmorning Ted,Geochelone was asking about you!:)

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Hey! good morning to you. He was? I’ve been wondering where that guy has been for like 6-8 months. thanks for letting me know.

ted c on December 31, 2010 at 8:57 AM

A tad O/T
===========

Friday, 31 December 2010
Video: Dennis Miller – The Big Speech

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:58 AM

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 8:53 AM

ted c on December 31, 2010 at 8:57 AM

ted c:I think he was on a Secret Mission,hehe,yes,good to
see him back!:)

canopfor on December 31, 2010 at 9:00 AM

I went for the abdication to Clinton, since it so perfectly sums up Barry’s lazy and arrogant attitude toward his job responsibilities. But the SCOTUS scolding was tempting too, especially since two of Barry’s qualifications for the presidency were supposed to be his natural “brilliance” and his fabulous “expertise” in Constitutional law. His inept and incorrect analysis of the SCOTUS case exposed Barry, yet again, as a total fraud.

As for the “at some point you’ve made enough money” remark, I’m looking forward to seeing just how that sentiment is going to play out in Barry’s own life. As we’ve seen, he has no problem squandering millions of taxpayer dollars on extravagant trips to luxury resorts for himself and his family, even at a time when millions of Americans are out of work, and food stamp rolls are at an all-time high. But when Barry makes his 8-figure deal for his presidential memoirs, is he then going to donate his “excess” wealth back to the U.S. Treasury? Or when he’s pulling down seven figures per post-presidential speech and his net worth begins to approach a Clinton-like $100 million (or more), he’s surely going to realize that he’s made “enough money,” and that it’s time to have the government start confiscating his excess wealth so that they can redistribute it to others who haven’t been so fortunate, right Barry?

AZCoyote on December 31, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Man, they’re all worthy of the top spot!

I had to go with leaving out “Creator”. The blatant subversiveness is stunning.

darwin on December 31, 2010 at 9:05 AM

When the Slick Willy took the podium every liberal in the country and half the world turned to mush.

Lets you know just about how high their bar is set.

Speakup on December 31, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Disturb the Universe on December 31, 2010 at 8:55 AM

I agree. The Clinton thing was pure amateur hour.

The others, especially the SCOTUS scolding, are scary. If he had the opportunity, I think he would completely marginalize or eliminate the other branches and our founding documents and principles.

forest on December 31, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Leaving the press conference (1) with Bubba in charge, (2) going to a Christmas party, (3) saying he was afraid of Michelle.

This was the obvious choice for OOTY the day it happened.

NeighborhoodCatLady on December 31, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Number four, hands down.

Obama looked like the incompetent child that he is.

Imagine the MSM’s heads exploding if W. had asked Poppa Bush to come to his rescue, then leave for a party.

It would still be a lead story two weeks after the event.

fogw on December 31, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Dissin on the supremes men whose shoes he’s not fit to shine. But his ignoramous voters don’t know he got it all wrong and love him standing up to power.

Ignorance and arrogance make a horrible combination and thanks to Liberal, morons for college professors and a$$mative A$tion this worst President evah is the ultimate face of ignorance and arrogance.

Triple zero the lefties, grifters and slackers hero!

dhunter on December 31, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Easy choice, the SOTUS option.

Nothing shows the man’s arrogance and ignorance more perfectly in one simple statement.

Jim708 on December 31, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Decisions. Decisions. The Won sure do make it difficult!

GoldenEagle4444 on December 31, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Can I give 1/4 vote to each?

Del Dolemonte on December 31, 2010 at 9:31 AM

For me an Obamateurism is something he does that is deeply in character; it is “Him”, as revealing about who he is as much as his DNA. The “soul” is revealed, so to speak.

I chose “Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party” because it still astounds me, although why I continue to be surprised by his actions is beyond me.

However, in a way, “Obama quotes Declaration, leaves out “endowed by their Creator”” is his own biggest Obamateurism because it is one of the few times he wouldn’t talk about himself.

garry on December 31, 2010 at 9:34 AM

When your President reaches the level of arrogance to publicly admonish a sitting Supreme Court, or thinks Bill Clinton, (or his wife), is more relevant/important than our Creator, this nation’s moral compass will continue to lead us away from both prosperity and the peace of mind that feeds the soul of mankind.

Rovin on December 31, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Bringing in Bubba as a relief pitcher takes the cake, but as offensive as his poke at the supremes was in his SOTU address, the part that I found to be utterly disgusting was the Democrats rising in applause. Nothing out of Obama’s mouth surprises me, but for elected representatives to stand up and applause a dressing-down is the kind of behavior you’d expect from “representatives” in Iran or Venezuela. Without a doubt, the 111th Congress was the worst ever, and I pray heading into the future that those to come don’t challenge them for that title.

tpitman on December 31, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Disturb the Universe on December 31, 2010 at 8:55 AM

That’s an excellent point.

Cindy Munford on December 31, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Leaving Clinton at the Pres podium topped them all, IMO. It was Obama’s ‘I am irrelevant’ moment.

JimP on December 31, 2010 at 9:52 AM

If the essence of a an Obamateurism is an amateurish misstep made by a man who is the least qualified individual ever to serve as POTUS, I had to go with the SCOTUS Scolding. As to the other three:

Enough Money: His statement here reflects his true belief, and the belief of his Marxist followers.

Disregarding Creator: Here again, a reflection of belief or possibly an attempt not to offend atheists, like himself.

Clinton Handoff: When this happened, I originally thought it was the ultimate amateurish mistake but was it really? At the time, Obama’s base and all the lefty blogs were in high gear over Bernie Sanders “heroic” filibuster that was ongoing against the tax rate deal. The media was starting to join in and Team Obama was getting nervous about losing some Senate votes they thought they had in the bag. So, they drag out Bubba to re-focus the media whores and provide cover to the shaky Senators.

TXUS on December 31, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Leaving Clinton at the podium was the most astonishingly tone-deaf political moment I’ve seen in a lifetime of sitting in the peanut gallery.

S. Weasel on December 31, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Obama quotes Declaration, leaves out “endowed by their Creator

The Constitutional Scholar put his hand on the bible from what I understand twice to uphold and protect the Constitution of the United States of America. Whether he likes it or not.

I went with left out “endowed by their Creator” again because he placed his had on the “BIBLE” twice, and swore.

I want to think it was something one of his lefty advisers did by loading TOTUS without the most significant phrase. If it wasn’t loaded in TOTUS he wouldn’t adlib. Find his speech writer and find the person who used cliff notes on the Declaration and Constitution.

Obama is now attending church and making no bones about being a Christian. He has his staff to thank for muddling people’s perception of him in the public. I understand a management style where you delegate to subordinates – but whoever he is using is incompetent. Probably a crony position. This administration needs re staffed with competent experienced people…not the willing, loyal, and amateurs.

Dr Evil on December 31, 2010 at 10:36 AM

They ALL could be winners!

I voted SCOTUS. it perfectly represented his petty childish disrespect for all things American, and all things Founders related.

God help us survive this DOTUS!

PappyD61 on December 31, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Turning the podium over to Slick Willy may have been the most competent thing Barry has done while in office…

The “constitutional scholar” scolding the SCOTUS, now that was unmitigated ignorance…

phreshone on December 31, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Cindy Munford on December 31, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Thank you.

Disturb the Universe on December 31, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Ironically, for the few moments Bubba was the President again, I felt safer. Not much, but a respite anyway.

BobMbx on December 31, 2010 at 10:50 AM

I picked the inappropriate timing of taking on the Supreme Court.

He really is quite the nag.

AnninCA on December 31, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Apparently in a new smear book, Clinton’s real attitude about Obama shines through. He thinks the guy is pretty much of a jerk, I gather.

That makes the help he gave him this year even odder, I suppose.

AnninCA on December 31, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Too many good choices; so little time.

Went with the Clinton presser.

“Run along now now, little Obie-Won. Musn’t keep the wifey waiting.”

GrannyDee on December 31, 2010 at 10:56 AM

I voted for scolding the SCOTUS. Obama has given us so many examples of his thin-skinned peevishness, his arrogant sense of entitlement, his fundamental disrespect for all things political, economic, cultural and historical that make America so exceptional. During the SOTU address, his defining flaws collided in an unprecedented moment of Obamateurism that may be one of the most shameful abuses of presidential authority evah.

Terrie on December 31, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Given the choices, it was not hard at all. Leaving the podium to attend a Christmas Party typifies this guy’s whole “career” if one can say so.

Bleed_thelizard on December 31, 2010 at 11:14 AM

This is hard. They’re all doosy’s. Admonishing the Supremes during his SOTU was most egregious IMO.

CliffHanger on December 31, 2010 at 11:14 AM

I think the NASA directive to enhance the image of Islam should have been on the list but I had to go with the substitute President . Barry officially donned his Giggles the Clown suit in full view of the press in that moment.It went largely unreported. He knows the ball washing media will not allow him to fail.

DeweyWins on December 31, 2010 at 11:20 AM

CliffHanger on December 31, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Yup. The guy is supposed to be a lawyer and genius.

Leaving press conferences isn’t all that important since He knows that they are (I can’t think of a better term and I have a decent vocabulary) His jail b$tches and He is pretty eccentric about catching airplanes and going to parties.

IlikedAUH2O on December 31, 2010 at 11:31 AM

First the Presidential Seal fell off the podium. Then the podium was vacant.

SlaveDog on December 31, 2010 at 11:37 AM

The Bozo and Bubba show is the clear winner. But the combination of arrogance and economic illiteracy displayed in counting others money and his childish and unprofessional SOTU rant deserve honorable mentions.

RadClown on December 31, 2010 at 11:48 AM

I voted for #2.
The That temper tantrum at the SCOTUS is Zero’s presidency in a nutshell.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 31, 2010 at 11:55 AM

They all show his stupidity. But in my book, the Clinton thing was the most illustrious of him being an amateur. The number of Lefties who comment in various media “finally, we have a REAL president again” at the sight made clear that as much as they will deny, even THEY know Obummer is an amateur.

It’s the moment where the child finally said out loud “The Emperor has no clothes” and the rest of the drooling “wanna be cool” masses agreed.

miConsevative on December 31, 2010 at 11:57 AM

All worthy of choosing, but I went with number one, because it is a perfect illustration of Obeyme’s “social justice” philosophy and a frightening example of what he wants to do to our country.

I was very close to choosing leaving Clinton at the press conference, though.

JannyMae on December 31, 2010 at 11:59 AM

I picked #4 as well. Although had he picked say Liz or Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin, Marco Rubio, or Chris Christie to take over, I would have looked more kindly on his stunt.

I despise Clinton.

Lily on December 31, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Leaving out “endowed by their Creator.”

Orwell’s genius proved again, won’t be the last time.

Akzed on December 31, 2010 at 12:06 PM

This has been harder than a chemistry test for an English major. Went with the scolding of the Supremes, a willful flop in a pasture of cow flops. I just wonder, does he sleep in a separate bed from Mad Michelle”Don’t let them eat cake!”Antoinette? Up all night in the Barcalounger getting his love and affection from the dog he follows around and scoops his poop, in between parties?

Open The Door on December 31, 2010 at 12:07 PM

The iconic moments I recall most vividly about our recent Presidents:

* Carter in his sweater, giving a fire-side chat about how we would have to make do with less energy.

*Reagan, giving a moving and healing speech after the Challenger exploded upon take-off.

* G.H.W. Bush, looking at his watch on the podium during a Presidential debate (as well as raising taxes after the “read my lips” statement).

* Clinton – the “I did not have sex with that woman” finger-wave speech.

The act of leaving the podium to Clinton, to rush to a Christmas party, is likely to be that iconic moment for Obama. However, he still has 2 more years in his term, and I notice he likes to “double down” on stupid quite a bit — so I think we’ll have few more choice Obamateurisms of the Year.

Happy New Year to Ed, Allahpundit, and all my Hot Air friends.

Mutnodjmet on December 31, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Went with leaving out “endowed by their Creator”.

American citizen by birth, but not an American.

rbj on December 31, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I voted for #1. That state of mind is from whence all the rest of his idiocy flows. Socialism/communism always desolves into tyranny and he already evidences the habits of a petty tyrant; lecturing scotus, leaving a press conference on the poor economy to party, ignoring the source of our freedoms.

Haunches on December 31, 2010 at 12:22 PM

The temper tantrum during the SOTU address was by far, for me, the most egregious.

SouthernGent on December 31, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Had to go with his forgetting to mention the Creator (and his apparent confusion of the source)–the others strike me on a more immediate, emotional level, but to have the POTUS bollix this up indicates how much he cares about the thought underlying the formation of this country. Soli Deo gloria.

bandarlog on December 31, 2010 at 12:34 PM

I don’t know if it’s because there have been so many slip-ups by this supposed genius, who it turns out is a genius just as Wile E. Coyote is one, because you’ve had many great ones in these polls, but I have to vote again for number 4, bringing an ex-prez to the podium and leaving him there to hold court. I think I’ve still got the bruise on my chin from when my jaw hit the floor when watching that.

TeeDee on December 31, 2010 at 12:38 PM

The exercise was fun.

However, there was never any doubt that the 2nd black president leaving the 1st black president in charge of the country, and the press, to go see his mama, er horse, was the BIG winner.

It’s the state of the union cca 2010.

Schadenfreude on December 31, 2010 at 12:48 PM

It’s a tough call, but the symbolism of leaving the podium and turning things over to a predecessor trumps the symbolism of a petty would-be despot lecturing a co-equal branch of government. Both represent an abdication of responsibility and a stunning lack of understanding.

Mr. D on December 31, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Yielding the podium to Slick Willie. Tells you all you need to know about this amateur-in-chief. Epic fail.

Philly on December 31, 2010 at 1:12 PM

I voted #1, an early declaration of his intent to impose socialism on America.

Gee, only two years left of this stuff – or, about 53 rounds of golf or 12 exotic family vacations from now, our long national nightmare will end.

Adjoran on December 31, 2010 at 1:12 PM

I was going with number 1, “enough money”, until I looked at the top of the page and saw “of the Year”. The theme of redistribution and setting himself above the economy runs throughout his entire life, and isn’t particularly timely to 2010.

On the other hand, leaving Clinton to go party exactly sums up this point in the Obama administration. He’s recited all the words and put out all the slogans, and found out that nothing is as easy or simple as it can be when you’re speechifying against it. Rather than do the work that the President is meant to do, he’d rather bail out and leave someone else to do the heavy lifting.

cthulhu on December 31, 2010 at 1:14 PM