Video: GOProud chief defends conservatism from MSNBC tool

posted at 7:42 pm on December 30, 2010 by Allahpundit

I wonder what inspired this booking. Did Uygur think Barron was going to come on and join him in a round of right-bashing because of the CPAC boycotts? Or was the point simply to have him on so that Uygur could laugh derisively for the benefit of MSNBC’s viewers when Barron inevitably defended conservatives? As background on this, read Gabe Malor’s post at Ace’s site this morning listing some of the socially conservative groups who still plan to attend CPAC notwithstanding GOProud’s participation. There is no “social con boycott” of the event; frankly, it does social conservatives a disservice to suggest that there is.

Barron does a nice job here but could have fielded Uygur’s question better about why so many Republicans voted against repealing DADT. There may be, as RCP argues, a generational gap on this question in Congress, with senators in their early 50s — even conservatives ones like Richard Burr — more prone to siding with the left on gay issues than older Republicans are. That’s perfectly in keeping with national polling showing more tolerance for gays among younger demographics. Which is to say, per Uygur’s critique, while the GOP hasn’t traditionally welcomed gays, it’s far more likely to do so in the future. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 8

coulda shot back with Dems were alot more openly hostile to Blacks in the past than Repubs are to gays.

Daveyardbird on December 30, 2010 at 7:46 PM

“I have an easier time being openly gay with conservatives Ann Coulter than I do being a conservative with other gay people.”

FIFY.

Emperor Norton on December 30, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Could you please EMBED the video next time? It gets tiresome going to extraneous links to watch the content you’re blogging about.

SgtSVJones on December 30, 2010 at 7:50 PM

If I meet someone who is pro-growth, pro small business, low taxes, limited government conservative who happens to be gay, I’ll welcome that person with open arms.

The leftists and jihadists will destroy America long before any conservative gays do.

blatantblue on December 30, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Why on God’s Green Earth are you a Republican?!?!?!?!

You have no idea how many times I’ve heard that from lefties and lefty gays. I may get in many disagreements with my fellow conservatives over gay issues, but I can’t recall any asking THAT inane question.

Barron did a great job pwning that “Ed fill-in”.

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 7:52 PM

This would have worked, too:

“I have an easier time being openly gay with conservatives than I do being a conservative with other gay people on MSNBC.”

theperfecteconomist on December 30, 2010 at 7:54 PM

GOPers in Congress are treading lightly on social issues like this. Got to appease the Tea Party and such, and see the direction and determination this new Congress goes in.

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 7:54 PM

I have a number of gay friends and even family members — we respect each other deeply, even though we have strong moral, and in some cases religious, disagreements.

So, I’m not surprised he’s more welcome among conservatives than among the constantly sniping, complaining, and bickering left.

Richard Romano on December 30, 2010 at 7:55 PM

So, a non-gay boob tries to explain to a gay conservative what he should think?

I love the part where Barron explains that GoProud has only been in existence for 2 years….

AnthonyK on December 30, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Are you telling me with a “straight face”… That’s called “witty” on MSNBC.

SouthernGent on December 30, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Are you telling me with a “straight face”… That’s called “witty” on MSNBC.

SouthernGent on December 30, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Couldn’t miss that one…he said it twice

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Great Job! I think it would be wise for conservatives to go onto Lib shows as often as they get invited. Sure you may get attacked but eventually something may slip through the group think that you hear ad naseaum on Daily Kos and MSNBC to the listeners/readers. You can’t realize you are conservative until you really know what a conservative is.

KW64 on December 30, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Uygur is a slimy little c**ksucker who used to host a YouTube show called The Young Turks. Apart from naming themselves after the group known primarily for initiating the Armenian Genocide, the show was a masturbatory aid for anyone and everyone who hated anything conservative or pro-American. Even put Air America to shame from time to time.

MadisonConservative on December 30, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Plantation mentality, all over again– these MSNBC clowns, handmaidens to evil Democrats, make me sick

MTF on December 30, 2010 at 8:06 PM

let me see…. the host’s argument is they hate you….couldn’t respond to the guest points..so he just stuck his tongue out and said nay nay nah nay …surely he could of run with it’s Boooooooooosh fault…huh

classic example of debate’n a commie progressive

roflmao

donabernathy on December 30, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Uygur/Uighur?

blatantblue on December 30, 2010 at 8:16 PM

“I have an easier time being openly gay with conservatives than I do being a conservative with other gay people.”

Yeah, I’ll drink to that. Most days.

Jeddite on December 30, 2010 at 8:16 PM

I consider myself a conservative–even a social conservative since I’m staunchly pro-life–but I generally don’t get too worked up over gay rights or gay marriage or gay anything. I classify the sexual preferences of another adult as a private and personal rather than political matter, something between someone and their God. If a guy tells me he likes sleeping with other men, okay. I shrug, and thank him sarcastically for the mental image. Live and let live, but don’t get in my face about it and don’t try to shout me down.

But look at Europe or even Canada. Pastors are being jailed for preaching against homosexuality. Speaking out against it invites prosecution as a hate criminal. What you are talking about in those instances is the creation of a protected class. I very strongly disagree with the kind of thinking that drives hate speech laws–or, broadening the scope, hate crimes in general. Gay people are emphatically not a prosecuted minority in this country. The best evidence of the existence of a truly prosecuted minority in any society is personal income, and in the US, self-identified gay people make more money as a group than just about any other group.

So I would say to gay activists: stop making civil rights comparisons. Most of you are not black. Bull Conner is not coming at you with truncheons and attack dogs and fire hoses. Sure, you’re criticized and people call you names. Get over it, seriously.

troyriser_gopftw on December 30, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Wow — that was actually pretty impressive: MSNBC actually managed to find a fill-in d0uchebag who is as much of a d0uchebag as the usual d0uchebag who hosts the show.

Dopenstrange on December 30, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Memo to Uygur: Conservatives don’t hate gays. They hate you.

SlaveDog on December 30, 2010 at 8:19 PM

troyriser_gopftw on December 30, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Both sides are unpalatable to me. You have a good chunk of the gay lobby doing and supporting things you mentioned, then you have the anti gay lobby using the whole “sinner,” “deviant,” and “moral surrender” rhetoric that irritates me to NO END.

blatantblue on December 30, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Memo to Uygur: Conservatives don’t hate gays. They hate you.

SlaveDog on December 30, 2010 at 8:19 PM

cmsinaz on December 30, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Good job Mr. Barron.

unlisted on December 30, 2010 at 8:23 PM

So forget about defense, the economy, education, retirement, freedom, gun rights…you’re GAY! Don’t you know you’re supposed to let America go down the toilet and vote your identity? I scoff at the idea that you are capable of having opinions outside of those my stereotype of your group allows you to have!

MSNBC tool indeed.

29Victor on December 30, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Allah always pushing the Marxist gay agenda…

Be vigilant

True_King on December 30, 2010 at 8:25 PM

It’s almost like black conservatives aren’t truly black…

… or women conservatives aren’t really women!

Now conservative teh gheys aren’t truly teh ghey?

… I sure hope someone is writing this down.

Seven Percent Solution on December 30, 2010 at 8:25 PM

True_King on December 30, 2010 at 8:25 PM

WHAAAAT

blatantblue on December 30, 2010 at 8:25 PM

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I’ve had friends who are this minority or that get the same question asked of them.
Apparently to many libs unless you’re a WASP you must be a liberal.

LincolntheHun on December 30, 2010 at 8:28 PM

True_King on December 30, 2010 at 8:25 PM

AP may be pro DADT repeal and I’ve argued with Jetboy many many times over repeal, but I doubt very strongly either one has any desire for anything but a smaller Federal govt.
Of course if you have some proof….
otherwise you’re out of line.

LincolntheHun on December 30, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Being gay and being conservative aren’t mutually exclusive. What goes on in the bedroom should be regulated by Libertarian ideology.
Liberals are and always have been the ones advocating chains for those who don’t follow their ideology in lock-step.

And, OT, if you liked Ed’s post about California/Zimbabwe and are on facebook, please “like” Fresno, CA on Walmart’s deal. They will give $1 million for food for the community with the most “likes”. Currently, Salt Lake City is using macros to win and they don’t have 24% of families going without regular meals like Fresno does. We could use the extra 7,638 votes. Thanks.

NTWR on December 30, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Apparently to many libs unless you’re a WASP you must be a liberal.

LincolntheHun on December 30, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Around election time, there’s always guys coming through the “gay areas” of NYC and the bars and clubs to hand out pins and literature for local lefty Democrat candidates. The stone-cold looks I get speak for themselves. I try arguing with ‘em, but they all…and I mean all…don’t last more than a minute tops before they walk away.

It’s fun!

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Seven Percent Solution on December 30, 2010 at 8:25 PM

So which side is stereotyping? Which side is assigning attributes to someone based on their gender, color or orientation?

Or is it more insidious? Is the MSNBC tool stereotyping or is he, with his mockery, attempting to shame Barron and others like him into a “Conservative closet?”

29Victor on December 30, 2010 at 8:33 PM

‘Can’t watch the video at the moment, but I’ll admit that I am gratified that the conservative is the handsome one. That Cenk Uygur is one homely duck.

Y-not on December 30, 2010 at 8:35 PM

blatantblue on December 30, 2010 at 7:51 PM

THIS!!!!

ladyingray on December 30, 2010 at 8:39 PM

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Living dangerously there.
The tolerance brigade may swoop in to “reeducate” you.
Kinda surprised they don’t yell and scream like you were sacrificing kittens to Satan.
That’s how Code Pink reacted to my counter-protest.
Good times

LincolntheHun on December 30, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Who is this Cenk Uygur guy? Sheesh. I thought Ed Schultz was obnoxious.

hepcat on December 30, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Arguments for same-sex mar­riage, although often couched in terms of tolerance and inclusion, are based fundamentally on the idea that limiting marriage to the union of husband and wife is a form of bigotry, irrational prejudice, and even hatred against homosexual persons who want the state to license their relationships. As this ideol­ogy seeps into the culture, belief in marriage as the union of husband and wife will likely come to be viewed as an unacceptable form of discrimination that should be purged from society through legal, cultural, and economic pressure.
When people stand firmly by their beliefs about marriage as the union of husband and wife despite facing social stigmatization, economic hardship, and other reprisals, they provide an important example of civic courage and inspire particular vir­tues that are essential to the proper functioning of any free and open society. The freedom of parties on both sides of the marriage debate to voice their views and to promote them in public policy should be respected.

PrezHussein on December 30, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Calling the MSLSD putz a tool is much too flattering.

Appears he got the gig because he is another rude a-hole that shouts down his guest and thinks it’s clever.

Mr. Barron’s calm responses made this guy look deranged.

tru2tx on December 30, 2010 at 8:46 PM

So from what I gather, the host is basically calling him an “uncle tom” of gays for being a conservative.

What would that be?

An “Uncle Liberace”?

or an

“Aunt RuPaul”?

viviliberoomuori on December 30, 2010 at 8:47 PM

PrezHussein on December 30, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Heterosexuals haven’t done any favors for the “institute” of marriage…

ladyingray on December 30, 2010 at 8:48 PM

ladyingray on December 30, 2010 at 8:39 PM

OK… but can I skip the “open arms” part?

;)

mankai on December 30, 2010 at 8:49 PM

That’s how Code Pink reacted to my counter-protest.

There were a couple dudes (not political hander-outers) who I did have the pleaseure of arguing politics for a bit longer…but it never lasts very long. I usually get the “Gawd what’s WRONG with you?!?…I can’t take you anymore!” and the hands go up and they scamper away.

Oh, well.

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 8:51 PM

My concern is that if we truly believe in a “state” approach (allowing the state’s to determine their own marriage policies, keeping the feds out both ways)… is that these things only move in one direction… that is, we’ll have vote after vote after vote until Gay Marriage passes… and then we’ll never be allowed to vote again on the issue.

mankai on December 30, 2010 at 8:52 PM

MadisonConservative on December 30, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Ugh, I thought I recognized this prick.

Emily M. on December 30, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I just have to add…Arguing with lefties is fun. I actually look forward to it. But arguing with those on my own political side is no fun, it’s frustrating. It’s going to happen, but it’s not enjoyable.

But then, that’s life.

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 8:54 PM

In your scenario, eventually all 50 states support some form of gay marriage via their own legislation/voting/non-federal mandate. There’s nothing to suggest that a state couldnt vote to rescind gay marriage/civil unions within its borders… it’s just highly unlikely that it would happen at that point in the future.

Jeddite on December 30, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Heterosexuals haven’t done any favors for the “institute” of marriage…
ladyingray on December 30, 2010 at 8:48 PM

That is like saying women haven’t done any good for the institution of the WNBA.

PrezHussein on December 30, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Cenk “The Dopey Turkey” Uygur, I have always found him to be boorishly offensive. It’s good that pMSNBC is scouring the bowels of make believe journalism (no offense to Weasel Zippers) to bring this tool to cable news.

I was impressed by Barron though.

Kini on December 30, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Have the new owners of HA ramped up the quota on gay threads?

David in ATL on December 30, 2010 at 9:04 PM

True_King on December 30, 2010 at 8:25 PM

It may come as a shock to you but there are Jewish Conservatives(my mother would be exhibit ‘A’), black conservatives, Muslim conservatives(really), atheist conservatives, and yes…even homosexual conservatives.

See-you learn a new thing every day.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Have the new owners of HA ramped up the quota on gay threads?

David in ATL on December 30, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Somebody isnt on the ball tonight; this thread got some 47 comments in before that clever/original observation was made … again.

Jeddite on December 30, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Talk about a shellacking.

When the MSNBC fill-in parrot said “two years out of all the others” and Mr. Barron said “we’ve only been in business for two years” – to watch the parrot’s face was priceless.

Liberals are not at all liberal, nor progressive.

Identity politics is all they know.

Schadenfreude on December 30, 2010 at 9:07 PM

The next step down the marriage slide is polygamy. Mr. Mohammed will insist on his four wives and Mr. Smith will insist on his 40. The cougar club will insist on its multiple husbands. In a generation we end up like a some ancient Mesopotamian culture. Fail.

Mojave Mark on December 30, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Have the new owners of HA ramped up the quota on gay threads?

David in ATL on December 30, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Maybe there’s a quota the new bosses want hit before the end of the year.

Rebar on December 30, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Have the new owners of HA ramped up the quota on gay threads?

David in ATL on December 30, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Has the commentariat minority of HA turned more anti-gay since Salem took over? Sure seems like it.

MadisonConservative on December 30, 2010 at 9:13 PM

mankai on December 30, 2010 at 8:52 PM

That’s a legitimate concern, but think on this: the all-or-nothing approach hasn’t worked out so hot for the right on a number of other issues. (easy example: abortion)

Wouldn’t it be at least worth trying a system where the left couldn’t defeat you nationwide in one fell swoop?

Dark-Star on December 30, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I’m anxiously awaiting for the myth, that liberals are tolerant of everyone, to be exposed as utterly false. Liberals tend to use every hyphenated group for window dressing. They are so anxious topoint out who is a liberal and also gay, who is “African-American” and also a Democrat, etc. Has anyone ever asked why Michelle Obama would be so uncomfortable, going to college, among all of those liberals? I’ll bet there wasn’t a day that went by where some White liberal didn’t remind Michelle about how great it was that they were reponsible for her being there.

Of course it’s easier, being accepted by Conservatives, it’s like, “OK, you’re hear, now make something of yourself.” instead of “Now, I can give you this or that, but don’t you dare stray off the reservation.”

bflat879 on December 30, 2010 at 9:29 PM

But then, that’s life.

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 8:54 PM

I feel just the opposite, most of the time.

I find it frustrating to argue with lefties because I find few of them will ever participate in a civil and respectful discussion.

When I disagree with other conservatives, there is usually an awareness of principles from which to build an argument. I find that refreshing.

You and I have gone at it in the past. I’ve never felt insulted by you.

Saltysam on December 30, 2010 at 9:29 PM

So, a non-gay boob tries to explain to a gay conservative what he should think?

AnthonyK on December 30, 2010 at 8:00 PM

White libtards do this to black conservatives all the time. Annoying as hell.

RachDubya on December 30, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Does Uygur have a first name? You’ll forgive me for not knowing who he is.

I’m mostly interested because of the Young Turks thing, which has MadCon upset. I remember a group of uber-successful Hollywood Talent Agents way back being referred to as the “Young Turks” and I’m quite certain it had nothing to do with the Armenian Genocide.

Not defending the guy – I’m sure he’s an anti-American jackass – just think the reaction to the name of the show is over the top.

Buy Danish on December 30, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Allah always pushing the Marxist gay agenda…

Be vigilant

True_King on December 30, 2010 at 8:25 PM

There is no Maxist gay agenda. There is no grand gay agenda. We just want to be ourselves and the great majority just want to be ourselves quietly and peacefully. May you have a very Happy New Year.

SC.Charlie on December 30, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Allah always pushing the Marxist gay agenda…

Be vigilant

True_King on December 30, 2010 at 8:25 PM

True, I think ultimately true Christians will need to leave the Republican Party and start their own Right to Life party of religious purity.

As gays are accepted into the Republican party, there’s no way true believers can square their own biblical beliefs with the party being inclusive homosexuals.

An anti-abortion party would obvioiusly, languish in obscurity on a permanent basis, but it would save them the charge of being hypocrites for hanging with homosexuals.

rickyricardo on December 30, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Liberals are not at all liberal, nor progressive.

Identity politics is all they know.

Schadenfreude on December 30, 2010 at 9:07 PM

So true.

Saltysam on December 30, 2010 at 9:36 PM

mankai on December 30, 2010 at 8:52 PM

If California’s Prop 8 didn’t set the example, if not the standard, then Judicial Activism will ultimately decide for the majority. Then we then have Minoritarianism.

Kini on December 30, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Hey, I don’t have to accept the homosexual lifestyle in order to work side by side with a gay man to defeat the greater enemy of liberal fascism. I am a Christian. I believe homosexuality is a sin. But that doesn’t mean I hate the homosexual. Gluttony is a sin too, but that doesn’t mean I hate fat people.

This whole idea that Christians hate homosexuals. They do hate the homosexual agenda that is being pushed by a lot of gay activists, which is really just a Fascist agenda. They also hate things like gay pride parades where people are openly engaging in public sex. There is a difference between what is being pushed on society by a lot of gay activists and what, I hope, so called gay conservatives are supporting.
I can liken this to bailing water on a sinking ship. I don’t give a rip what your lifestyle is as long as you bail water.

Besides, why does anyone have to embrace anyone else’s lifestyle in order to work together politically? I don’t accept or embrace the lifestyles of half the people I know, straight or other wise. If a gay group wants to support conservative causes, wonderful. Join the party. I’ll work with you all the way, no problem. As long as you can accept my attitude and belief about homosexuality I will accept you thinking I’m an SOB. We’ll be two SOB’s working together to defeat a greater enemy.

JellyToast on December 30, 2010 at 9:41 PM

JellyToast on December 30, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Thread winner!!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Buy Danish on December 30, 2010 at 9:31 PM

I don’t expect Talent Agents are too aware of history. However, when we’re talking about a political junkie from Turkey…

MadisonConservative on December 30, 2010 at 9:57 PM

rickyricardo on December 30, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Just because Hot Air readers are continuously pummeled by gay topics, doesn’t mean the republican party is going to change it’s platform to cater to the tiniest minority in America – gay conservatives.

Rebar on December 30, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Dark-Star on December 30, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I don’t understand.

They stayed clear of DADT until after the election. Marriage has been defended consistently on over 30 state referendums.

Also, on the national level, a pro-life position is usually considered good politics.

Saltysam on December 30, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Rebar on December 30, 2010 at 9:58 PM

very true, gay marriage loses even in liberal CA…if you want to attract more minorities…social issues are the way to do it, as that vote showed.

right4life on December 30, 2010 at 10:02 PM

JellyToast on December 30, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Just as long as us gay conservatives aren’t thrown overboard once the water has been bailed and the hole has been plugged. (jokes to yourself please)

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 10:03 PM

MadisonConservative on December 30, 2010 at 8:05 PM

ah yes another ‘intellectual’ comment from foam-at-the-mouth madfascist

right4life on December 30, 2010 at 10:05 PM

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Welcome Brother!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 10:06 PM

You and I have gone at it in the past. I’ve never felt insulted by you.

Saltysam on December 30, 2010 at 9:29 PM

I hope not ;)

And for sure, ditto. Lincoln too.

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Welcome Brother!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Tanks!

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Where did MSNBC find this fat clown? Never heard of him.

Hummer53 on December 30, 2010 at 10:14 PM

It’s fun!

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 8:33 PM

I try to get them to stay and tell me why I should vote for so and so, while acting interested. I do my best to eat as much of their time as possible.

More fun.

Saltysam on December 30, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I wonder if Uygur realizes the only reason he’s sitting in is that the MSNBC janitor is on vacation with the rest of the important staff.

Firmworm on December 30, 2010 at 10:29 PM

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Just as long as gay conservatives are not using their conservatism to hide another agenda. Just as long as gay conservatives don’t demand their lifestyle choices be embraced by all in attendance. Just as long as Christians or anyone else from any other religion are free, in a civil manner to express their beliefs that homosexuals are going to hell, I will support homosexuals free speech rights to tell Christians or anyone else, in a civil manner, they can go to hell too.
We can debate our disagreements on DADT, gay marriage and so forth in the political arena. Everyone has the right to pursue political agendas. It’s called freedom. But while we disagree on those things, sure, we can join forces elsewhere, as long as no one is told to shut up and sit down or shouted down.

JellyToast on December 30, 2010 at 10:32 PM

This is the clown from Young Turks. LOL!!!!! What a meathead imbecile mouth breathing loon.

As for Barron, all I can say is, sorry ladies.

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 30, 2010 at 10:37 PM

JellyToast on December 30, 2010 at 10:32 PM

SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN! (I’m shouting you down!)

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 30, 2010 at 10:38 PM

JellyToast on December 30, 2010 at 10:32 PM

wishful thinking.

right4life on December 30, 2010 at 10:40 PM

JellyToast on December 30, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Very well put. Again.

And sure, we all have disagreements amongst us conservatives. Beyond DADT and gay marriage. But the vast majority of points on domestic and foreign policy, fiscal policy, etc. we’re pretty much all in agreement.

And yes…none of us should be telling any others to “shut up, sit down”. Unless you’re Ryan Sorba maybe ;)

All in all, we all speak for ourselves. We can find unity in subgroups, and even in the larger scheme, but in the end it’s our own beliefs we put forth. We just need to get past the stereotyping…like “gays don’t like Christians”, when many of us are Christians. Same goes for a lot of gays who think Christianity is the enemy. Every argument works both ways.

And on your first point, I don’t know what else to tell you and others…there is no hidden agenda amongst gay conservatives. What you see is what you get. It would be like me saying that those against gay marriage have a hidden agenda.

In any event, we’re going to all have to band together to beat Obama in 2012. And take back the Senate as well. The common goal that unites us.

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Oh, forgot to add:

Most gays aren’t looking for any lifestyle to be “embraced”…we just want to “be”, and not have to, as you put, be told to “shut up and sit down”. That’s all. Really!

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 10:49 PM

You say you’re a Conservative?

What’s a Conservative?

Fiscal Conservative concern: economic perverts.

Warranted: Yes___ No___

Social Conservative concern: sexual perverts.

Warranted: Yes___ No___

Akzed on December 30, 2010 at 10:49 PM

The common goal that unites us.
JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 10:44 PM

We’re not united.

Akzed on December 30, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Conservatives are all about freedom, right?

Akzed on December 30, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Remember, abortion was advocated just to kill those rape and incest babies, not so that 50 million babies could be killed in 30 years.

“We just want to be your friends,” -Jetboy.

Akzed on December 30, 2010 at 10:55 PM

That screen cap of the Turk should be the first hit when you google “smug and sure of himself”.

Paul-Cincy on December 30, 2010 at 10:56 PM

right4life on December 30, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Aquateen Hungerforce on December 30, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Now, what am I saying that’s wrong here?
Look, if I was broken down along the highway and needed help in the middle of a blinding snow storm, would I refuse the assistance of the first car to come along in an hour if I knew the guy was gay? As long as he actually provided me with real help, and nothing but help, I’ve got no problem. I’ll be happy to have his help.
But seriously, tell me what’s so wrong about what I said?

JellyToast on December 30, 2010 at 11:02 PM

JellyToast on December 30, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Bingo. Though I will admit, this is what keeps me cautious to embracing GOProud and such groups (notice, I said cautious, not unwilling). This thread has been surprisingly civil, but the number of times “homophobe”, “bigot”, “intolerant” and “hypocrite” have been thrown around by those supporting gay conservative groups here on HA shows the frequency they will expect us to accept (not tolerate, even though that’s the word they use – they mean acceptance) their beliefs while not allowing us to have ours.

miConsevative on December 30, 2010 at 11:08 PM

The common goal that unites us.

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Amen, brother.

John the Libertarian on December 30, 2010 at 11:12 PM

One would think that a conservative would want to conserve the traditions and viewpoints of the original thinkers in his worldview strain, a patriot would want to preserve the traditions and viewpoints of his father (pater).

So tell me, what are “conservative” sodomists trying to conserve?

Akzed on December 30, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Amen, brother. John the Libertarian on December 30, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Proving once again that libertarianism is a foreign virus injected into the American body politic by fraud.

Akzed on December 30, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Then what is it?

AprilOrit on December 30, 2010 at 11:14 PM

So tell me, what are “conservative” sodomists trying to conserve?

Akzed on December 30, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Small government.

The government hasd no right in our bedrooms period. They shouldn’t be legislating sodomy at all.

AprilOrit on December 30, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Akzed on December 30, 2010 at 10:51 PM

So are all homosexuals to be represented by a couple of disturbing incidents, regardless of how much they may oppose such actions, regardless of their actual opinions, regardless of much in agreement with you as to how the country should be run? Are all conservatives to be represented by Pat Buchanan and his Hitler-apologizing nonsense, or by Ron Paul as he calls Israel a terrorist state, or any of the bad apples that our opponents care to toss up to show how (fill-in-the-blank) we are?

MadisonConservative on December 30, 2010 at 11:16 PM

JetBoy on December 30, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I believe you may actually feel this way. With that being the case, wouldn’t you see it as essential to your cause to fight AGAINST gays who are pushing for hate crime legislation, silencing of clerics who preach their beliefs against homosexuality (much like they can against divorce without fear of legal retribution), sexually explicit gay pride parades and the slew of other things pushed in “the gay agenda” that actually ARE forcing the lifestyle to be embraced?

It’s one thing to say it here, but I’d be much more convinced if I saw ANY gay conservative groups working to STOP these things with are contrary to conservative principles, not just say they don’t like them, or they personally don’t believe they are necessary, but actively working against these points of what the liberal gays push. Sure, they are pushing gay issues, but they are also liberal issues.

miConsevative on December 30, 2010 at 11:16 PM

When I moved from MD to DE one of the first things I did was visit the Libertarian Party of DE’s web site to hook up with the local Libertarines. Oh sorry, I meant Libertarians.

The header of their web site said, “All men are endowed by nature with certain inalienable rights…”

I protested this self-serving bastardization, and to their credit, the took it down.

Then I quit the libertarian party.

Akzed on December 30, 2010 at 11:18 PM

We’re not united.

Akzed on December 30, 2010 at 10:51 PM
Speak for yourself.

I’m also a social conservative but I met homosexual conservatives at the 9/12 DC rally this year…and they were good people like Jetboy. As long as they don’t shove what they do in my face-I don’t want to know about your sex life either btw-we can agree to disagree on certain issues….and still be fellow patriots.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 11:20 PM