Poll: Obamateurism of the Year, Semi-Final Flight 2
posted at 8:05 am on December 30, 2010 by Ed Morrissey
We’re down to the second round of six semi-finalists for the 2010 Obamateurism of the Year. I was surprised to see the two winning choices from yesterday’s poll; I expected the “you’ve made enough money” quote to make it to the finals, but I didn’t guess that the SCOTUS scolding would beat Captain Kick-Ass. The wisdom of Hot Air readers is demonstrated yet again!
Today’s list gives us even tougher choices. Two of these worthy six entries will move ahead to the final, while the other four will get punished and removed (not far!) from the podium. You won’t get 132 chances to make a pick, so be sure to do so as soon as possible!
- Obama says First Couple “not far removed” from economic pain in financial collapse despite making millions in 2008
- Obama endorses Ground Zero mosque, then says he wasn’t “commenting on the wisdom” of building it at the site
- Obama quotes Declaration, leaves out “endowed by their Creator”
- “We’re gonna punish our enemies…”
- Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party
- Obama refers to himself 132 times in a speech
Tomorrow, we’ll have the final poll that selects the Obamateurism of the Year!
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me email@example.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!
Breaking on Hot Air