New Hampshire 2012: The graveyard of RINOs?

posted at 8:43 pm on December 29, 2010 by Allahpundit

Speculative fun from the Boston Phoenix. All along I’ve been assuming that Iowa would be the de facto social con primary (or rather, caucus) and New Hampshire the de facto centrist primary, with the winners to meet down the road in South Carolina, Nevada, and Florida. But what if New Hampshire’s now a lot redder than we think? What if the Iowa winner rolls into Concord a week or two later with tea partiers ready to rock and blows the centrist frontrunner out of the water? That would all but decide the nomination; it’s hard to imagine any candidate winning the big two early and then fumbling on the way to the end zone.

Is this where Mitt says goodbye?

New Hampshire has just gone through one of the most remarkable political upheavals of its history, completely reshaping the landscape there.

The result, according to political observers in the state, is a power vacuum in the state’s Republican circles, right on the eve of the presidential nomination battle. Or, from the perspective of a Republican presidential wannabe, a slew of total unknowns whose opinion could make or break you…

New Hampshire Tea Partiers, in the afterglow of their 2010 success, are already looking for a conservative, populist candidate, says Andrew Hemingway, chair of the Republican Liberty Caucus, which endorsed more than 100 of the new Republican House members. “There’s already been a shift in attention toward the presidential contest” among those activists, Hemingway says.

The state’s establishment Republicans, on the other hand, will be looking for a more mainstream, electable candidate — one they hope will benefit from the large number of independents expected to vote in the Republican primary, with Obama’s re-nomination a foregone conclusion…

Of course, Pindell, Arlinghaus, and others acknowledge another possibility: that this cycle will reveal that none of New Hampshire’s Republican influencers matter at all. The truth could be that New Hampshire’s Republicans get their news and opinions from distant sources — primarily Fox News, talk radio, and national Web sites like NewsMax and RedState.

In other words, it’s Delaware all over again. Romney, shrewdly, is already trying to woo at least one of the state’s new tea party powerbrokers ahead of 2012. Dave Weigel noted today that he dropped a $5,000 contribution on grassroots fave Ovide Lamontagne three weeks after Lamontagne lost the Senate primary to Kelly Ayotte. Lamontagne was backed by DeMint; Ayotte, of course, was supported by Palin. (Lamontagne himself backed Romney for president in 2007, so there was an element of backscratching to that contribution too.) Obviously, Mitt’s trying to prevent an “establishment vs. grassroots” Castle/O’Donnell dynamic from developing in the state; if that happens and this becomes a test of enthusiasm between centrists and “true conservative” backers of the Iowa winner, he’s in big trouble. In fact, he’s in big trouble regardless since other centrist types like Daniels and Pawlenty will be looking at New Hampshire as do or die for them and will campaign hard there, potentially drawing off key votes from Romney. With the centrists split, a strong “true conservative” candidate like Palin or Pence would stand a fair chance of pulling the upset with the base unified behind them. Exit question: After all the time we’ve spent gaming out the primaries and all the time we’re yet to spend gaming them out even more obsessively, is this race actually going to be over early?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Ya know,I have said it since Sarah has graced the Political
Stage,

Cuda will be POTUSA in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on December 30, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Dire Straits:Blazing Saddles comes to mind,hehe!:)

canopfor on December 30, 2010 at 12:35 AM

LOL!..Definitely could not make Blazing Saddles today..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 12:39 AM

That’s creepy.
What you just wrote sounds very cult-of-personality-ish and by writing such things you are HURTING rather than HELPING Gov. Palin’s cause.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:30 AM

It might, but I can’t deny that he’s right.
2012 is a seminal election: if we can’t turn back Socialism then by electing a true conservative as President, we can’t turn it back again ever.
We live in creepy times.
Get over it and saddle up because it’s been a tough fight and it’s going to stay tough.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 12:39 AM

The act has become very old.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Indeed (Spock voice)…Not picking on you, in particular

On one hand we have those that argue in favor of the former Gov. will facts and LOTS of hyperbole. The facts are good, the hyperbole allows for others to go off on tangents in their own replies instead of taking issue with any of the “facts” or policy stances taken by the former Gov.

On the other hand, we have those that are openly against a Palin Primary run and those that say they haven’t made up their minds this far in advance. To the latter, I say I understand. To the former, a generalization is that there aren’t many, if any, policy disagreements discussed by you. Rather, the meme seems to be “she’s over exposed” or “she’s already been maimed by the MSM” or some other response based upon emotion instead of factual policy disagreement. It’s been written by some that they are being turned off by the hyperbole of others when it comes to Palin. Maybe so, but what I generally see is a response to the adjectives and not the substance. That makes me wonder if the attacks on the hyperbole are merely excuses to take a “shot” at Palin…

Back to the regularly scheduled “discussion”…

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 12:32 AM

So you think Sen Demint is wrong?

As far as thatcher goes when you want to have an honest comparison about leadership quailites and the results each have brought to their respective government because of the beliefs and policies each used instead of building strawmen in the wind let me know.

I do find it amazing that you will not debate her polices but make personal attacks. It is almost like you understand that Gov Palin is 100% correct on all the issues so you are left with tearing into her on a personal level.

Did you not like Reaganism? Since Gov Palin is the only candidate that offers to bring back Reaganism your attacks on her are attacks on Reaganism. do you think Reaganism can’t work again? would you rather go with socialism? you take gov Palin off the field and you take Reaganism off the field.

that is the end game here for you antipalin/antireagan people isn’t it?

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 12:41 AM

There is still a goodc hance of “derailment”..Just watch..:)

Dire Straits on December 29, 2010 at 10:06 PM
OK I’ll bite…

Don’t cry for Me, Palinistaaaaas!

JetBoy on December 29, 2010 at 10:25 PM

No need to photo shop Palin’s face , i’m curious what that dress really doe’s for you,don’t hold back “Big Boy”!!

heshtesh on December 30, 2010 at 12:41 AM

That’s creepy.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Creepy doesn’t even come close. It’s a turn off to any rational thinking person and looks like the Obamabots, part two.

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 12:42 AM

canopfor on December 30, 2010 at 12:35 AM

The Inquisition scene was the only part of ‘History of the World’ that I liked. The rest of the flick was too…gutter for me. I like intellectual humor.

My favorite MB movie is ‘To be-or Not to Be’.
One of these days I’ll watch the original-with Jack Benny and Carole Lombard-so I can compare the remake with it.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:43 AM

I’ve been nothing but respectful in my discussions but I’m getting rather tired of seeing good conservatives be attacked merely because they don’t believe that Gov. Palin is the best choice for 2012.

The act has become very old.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Not that we haven’t asked you before, but who is the “best choice?”
And “best” according to whom or what?

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 12:43 AM

canopfor on December 30, 2010 at 12:23 AM
Great video Friend you are on a roll tonight..:)

PS..Looks like there were some more cool train videos there..I will have to watch them soon..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Dire Strait:Heres a cool Beaver takeoff,I spent a summer
back in 67′ hopping to fish/hunting lodges
bringing in supplies,notice the Chevy Big Block
almost similar rumble!:)
=========================================================

Dehavilland Beaver Cockpit

canopfor on December 30, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 12:42 AM

That was my thought.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:45 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Young Frankenstein was a classic..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Why is it a turn off?
Do you like the way the country is now?
I don’t.
Obama and the Democrat Congress just destroyed Christmas for the 2nd year in a row with their lame duck Congress.
I thought that was creepy.
If Sarah can save our great Republic from becoming a 3rd world Socialist hell-hole–and we think she can!–then she’s got my support and my money.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 12:46 AM

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Who are you, or better yet how many of “unseens” are posting from your account? Who just wrote that post for you because it doesn’t come close to your normal, no capitalization, punctuation, etc?

I think I know who you are in real life………..

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 12:42 AM

yeah I know you palinhaters really turn me off from supporting any candidate even closely related to the establishment. You all are like a cult with the same old tired talking points, personal attacks on Gov Palin and smear tactics on her supporters. It’s like the obamabots instead of defending their guy instead turned all their energy into tearing down Gov Palin….

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 12:50 AM

canopfor on December 30, 2010 at 12:44 AM

That was a very cool video..:) Do you still fly those type trips anymore?..:)

PS..I thought you were a pilot..You know way too much about planes and flying not to be one..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 12:51 AM

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 12:50 AM

They are the anti-palinbots.

djohn669 on December 30, 2010 at 12:51 AM

canopfor on December 30, 2010 at 12:35 AM
=========================================
too…gutter for me. I like intellectual humor

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:43 AM

annoyinglittletwerp:I hear ya,I’ve seen this one only once,
awhile ago.

The Carry-On Gang Movies are a hoot tho!
===========================================================

Carry On Classics: Carry On England

canopfor on December 30, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 12:43 AM

And I have answered…repeatedly.

I like Jindal and Pence. I also like T-Paw.
Gov. Palin is a great conservative-but she’s got too many negatives- and she is over exposed. I’m tired of seeing her EVERYWHERE. I also know many conservatives-like my mother-who will NOT vote for her.
She a great person but she is NOT the next coming of Reagan or Thatcher. The cultish behavior exhibited by people like old yeller make me want to run-rather than walk away from her because if that’s the type she’s attracting…
If she’s the nominee I’ll vote for her…but I’d rather Gov. Palin not run.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:52 AM

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 12:41 AM

I don’t think anyone here is attacking her policy wise because we don’t disagree with her policy wise. She is spot on.

My concern is, can she win? I don’t want another Sharron Angle election (incredibly winnable, but the doofus wins instead — the GOP Gov won in Nevada, but Angle doesn’t?). As such, I would be ecstatic if someone like Pence ran, because I think he has a better shot at winning.

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 12:53 AM

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 12:50 AM

One should be able to disagree without being labeled a ‘hater’.
As for me-I reserve MY hate for true evil

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:54 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:52 AM

That’s your opinion, I guess what we all are allowed to have one to, we just don’t agree with you.

djohn669 on December 30, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Hey nice deflection. I’ll give you a 2 for trying to change the subject. The fact remains you take Gov Palin out of the race and you take Reaganism out of the race. Care to try to answer that point or would you rather try to deflect again?

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 12:54 AM

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Pence would be a very good candidate..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 12:55 AM

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 12:50 AM

No one is tearing her down and your “hate” theme does not describe most of us here. Just trying to explain to some why we don’t think she’s ready. That is not hate it’s an opinion.

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 12:55 AM

One should be able to disagree without being labeled a ‘hater’.
As for me-I reserve MY hate for true evil

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:54 AM

One should be able to support someone without being labeled a cultist. But you go with the holier than thou talking point it works for you…

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 12:45 AM

The Producers(both of them) are good too.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:56 AM

canopfor on December 30, 2010 at 12:44 AM
==============
That was a very cool video..:) Do you still fly those type trips anymore?..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Dire Straits:I wish,no my step dad was,he owened a
Globe Swift,and was float plane certified!:)

canopfor on December 30, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 12:55 AM

What, you try and tear Palin down everyday, I don’t mind that you do it, but don’t hand me that bs that your not.

djohn669 on December 30, 2010 at 12:56 AM

D.S., alt, canopfor…

Not much on Mel Brooks movies…Monty Python, either…

I guess being from a state ranked 32/33 in population and also the former home of a 2 term President, I can’t Hope to grasp the nuances of such “humor”…

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 12:57 AM

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 12:54 AM

I don’t think that is a fact. Palin isn’t the only Reagan conservative in the country, nor do I hope she is the only Reagan conservative in the race.

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 12:57 AM

it’s an opinion.

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Hmmm is you say so it must be true. I do know that I have never seen so much hate directed at one person before in my life and that isn’t an opinion that is fact.

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 12:58 AM

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 12:55 AM

The question is will she answer her destiny or will we the people fail??

oldyeller on December 30, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Tell me that what oldyeller wrote doesn’t sound cultish.

You can’t.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:59 AM

canopfor on December 30, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Ok..So you worked with him on the trips..:)That was probaly very tough work but very exciting work..:)

PS..That is so cool!..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 1:00 AM

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Please find a post of mine where I said I hated Sara Palin.

Good luck on your search.

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 1:00 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Fair enough. Why won’t your mother vote for her?

We argue about
2 separate issues regarding Palin here at HA and they are this:
1.) (Over)focus on Sarah as a Personality. This is the “she’s unelectable, unqualified, her unfavorables are too high, etc.” meme.
2.) Her stand on the issues which is conservative and in direct opposition to the policies of Obama.

Almost all of the arguing occurs around and focuses on Number 1.
Almost no discussion is allowed on Number 2 because…?
(Draw your own conclusions.)
0bama and his minions cannot afford for the American electorate to focus on Sarah’s stand on the issues and her practical suggestions for what needs to be done to correct our current, disastrous problems.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 1:01 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:59 AM

When we start given blood sacrifices to the Palin Goddess, then I be a cultist. You are to oversensitive.

djohn669 on December 30, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 12:57 AM

LOL!..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Globe Swift,and was float plane certified!:)

canopfor on December 30, 2010 at 12:56 AM

So is my kid.

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 12:57 AM
Eh, I grew up Jewish and as a result was surrounded by Jewish humor.

Personally, I like Dennis Miller and Christian comic Tim Hawkins.
Don’t let the ‘Christian’ part turn you off. Hawkins is a riot!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Tell me that what oldyeller wrote doesn’t sound cultish.

You can’t.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Frankly, if it’s the cult of loving, protecting and cherishing our great Republic that was established by our Founders under the Constitution, then I’m proud to call myself a member.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 1:03 AM

No wonder, the cloaking device was ON…

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 1:03 AM

So is my kid.

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Realy?..That is cool!..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 1:03 AM

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Can you name another Reagan republican in the race at the moment? there isn’t any. Huck is a Clinton republican, Newt is party over principle Moderate, Mitt is a pure neocon. You take Gov Palin out of the race and you take Reaganism out of the race.

In 2009 the GOp was talking about moving beyond Reaganism. Not one Gop leader would embrace Reaganism. That is until Palin started to speak out. She changed the entire 2010 theme that the GOp ran on from RINOism/Bushism to Reaganism.

Without Palin on the stage Reaganism would once again be regulated to the backbenches of the GOP party.

That is an undeniable fact simply look at the last 22 years.

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 1:04 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Well there is something we can agree with, I like both to, hope that doesn’t offend coming from a cultist and all. :)

djohn669 on December 30, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Please find a post of mine where I said I hated Sara Palin.

Good luck on your search.

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 1:00 AM

It might help if you got her name right.

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Gov. Palin is a great conservative-but she’s got too many negatives

Palin has NO negatives stemming from her record or her understanding of the issues or her personal life or her competence. ALL of her negatives are the result of how other people “feel” about her.

Some people will have an implacable hatred of her until the day they die, but I find it impossible to believe that most people are like that or that no one who has a poor opinion of her can ever be led to change their minds or give her a second look. This is one reason why we have primaries — so prospective candidates can sell themselves and show people what they have done in previous positions and what they intend to do in the next one if they’re elected.

Aitch748 on December 30, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Realy?..That is cool!..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 1:03 AM

He’s a captain with a major U.S. carrier. He was “featured” here in audio clip about a year ago….momma was horrified LOL

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 1:01 AM

She’s outraged that Gov. Palin approved the shooting of the wolves. My mother’s a conservative animal-rights chick…as am I-but it won’t stop me from voting for Gov. Palin if she’s the nominee.

As I said-I really hope she isn’t.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:07 AM

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 12:29 AM

The question is will she answer her destiny or will we the people fail??

oldyeller on December 30, 2010 at 12:27 AM
That’s creepy.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:30 AM

I’m not cult like.

The woman pops out of nowhere. Millions rally around her. The progressives and the corrupt MSM have been trying to destroy her for 2 years and she may run for President. The crazy loons are still after her emails. More crazy books are coming out about her. Anybody else would have been destroyed. The GOP controls the House because of her. A Mexican woman is governor of NM because of her. An Indian woman is governor of SC because of her. A black congressman in SC because of her. I could go on and on.

Obama became POTUS out of nowhere and is trying to destroy the country.
The Tea Party appears.
Glenn Beck takes over the airwaves.
Over 500,000 for restoring honor with Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin;
She stalled the Obamacare for a year and helped turn the country against him and in turn stalled Cap and Tax.
This woman has been involved in everything in 2010.
Her gaffes turn to gold
Jon Strewart rally.
I could go on and on.
She should be Person of the Year.

We are living in weird times and we ain’t seen nothing yet.

oldyeller on December 30, 2010 at 1:07 AM

canopfor on December 30, 2010 at 12:56 AM
==================

PS..That is so cool!..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Dire Straits:I was just taking it all in,come the fall,
he landed a job,as a mechanic,at a GM deal
ership,and that was another world,shiny new
“Muscle Cars”!)

Okay its getting late,GOODNIGHT EVERYONE:)

canopfor on December 30, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Can you name another Reagan republican in the race at the moment?

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Is Palin in the race? You can’t say that she is. We don’t know who is running, but what would be wrong with DeMint or Pence or Bachman? Palin isn’t our only messenger.

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 1:08 AM

i think i’m going with Sen Demint on this one instead of your hairbrained hare-brained opinion….

Not that the charge was accurate in the first place…

churchill995 on December 30, 2010 at 1:08 AM

It might help if you got her name right.

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 1:05 AM

You have no room to talk when it comes to typo’s and spelling. I’m blind in one eye, what’s your excuse?

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Wow!..That is way cool..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 1:09 AM

djohn669 on December 30, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Would it have been better if I said that I think oldyeller sounds like a cultist-not you?
I was referring to oldyeller.

Thanks.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Tell me that what oldyeller wrote doesn’t sound cultish.

You can’t.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Some people believe in destiny, God’s will. and everything happening for a reason. believing in destiny is not cultist behavior…

Myself I believe in free will but simply becaus eI don’t agree with the main point of oldyellers post doesn’t mean I think he is a cultists.

the only cultist behavior I have seen on these threads is from the antipalin groupies.

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Okay its getting late,GOODNIGHT EVERYONE:)

canopfor on December 30, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Later Friend..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 1:10 AM

As I said-I really hope she isn’t.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:07 AM

I’m not sure that Palin did approve the shooting of wolves.
(And tell your mom I got those same mailings from the Sierra Club with a photo-shopped picture of Palin shooting wolves from a helicopter. Didn’t happen.)
If Sarah did approve of shooting as wolves (as Governor?), it’s because they had an over population of wolves that were endangering other animals like the caribou.
Sarah hunts to eat, not for “fun” or slaughter.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 1:09 AM

It’s not a typo and you do it on purpose.

Just saying.

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 1:11 AM

For slapstick I prefer older stuff like The 3 Stooges, Laurel & Hardy, Buster Keaton…

I can watch Dennis Miller rif on pretty much anything…

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 1:11 AM

My husband’s working from home tomorrow(today?) so I’m enjoying the PC now.
Our laptop has a bug.
*sigh*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Aitch748 on December 30, 2010 at 1:06 AM

The record shows that she quit her job. That causes a lot of people to feel negatively about her… if they feel negatively about her, I don’t know if they’re going to vote for her.

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 1:12 AM

I can watch Dennis Miller rif on pretty much anything…

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 1:11 AM

I saw him live last year.
OM Frickin’ G!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:12 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Maybe it’s time to educate Mommie Dearest on the facts as to why…Just be ready to dodge the flying coathangers…

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 1:13 AM

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 1:12 AM

They’ll snap out of it once they realize how negatively they feel about Comrade Urkel getting another term.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Tell me that what oldyeller wrote doesn’t sound cultish.

You can’t.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:59 AM

The hell I can’t. I’ve seen two of oldyeller’s posts on this thread so far and NEITHER of them sounded unreasonable in any way.

What is the matter with you anyway?

Aitch748 on December 30, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 1:14 AM

I hope you’re right.

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 1:13 AM

I agree with Ma on this-sorry.
I’m vehemently anti-hunting…and don’t even get me started on shark fishing. No-Gov. Palin doesn’t hunt sharks…that I know of.
Sharks are my favorite creatures on the planet.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:17 AM

It’s not a typo and you do it on purpose.

Just saying.

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Not on purpose as you seem to think, that’s my sisters name and the way she spells it, habit, I guess.

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Aitch748 on December 30, 2010 at 1:15 AM

I call ‘em as I see ‘em-and you’re free to disagree.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:18 AM

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Demint, Pence and bachman are all good conservatives. They simply do not have the national stage at this time. Out of the three I think Demint comes the closest to Palin’s reach but even there he falls short. And the attacks on Demint are of the same type as those on Palin. Any reagan republican will be attacked. Is she running? I think so but I don’t know. However, I am going on the thought that she is running until she says she isn’t since every move she has made since july 3rd 2009 has been what someone that is running would make.

Furthermore It is still the fact that if Palin is removed from her soapbox. Reaganism loses a very powerful voice. which IMO is the endgame of most of those attacking Palin hope (esp people like Rove, CK, and Pres Bush the first.)

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 1:19 AM

If you don’t want to vote for Palin then don’t.

It’s the same thing every night around here. Okay so some of you don’t think she is ready for primetime or she just needs to be the GOP cheerleader.

That’s great. Then work to defeat Palin. Raise money, volunteer, and vote for another candidate. It’s not rocket science folks.

Is all of this whining supposed to make me throw up my hands in frustration and become less likely to vote for Palin? It’s not going to work. You have your vote and I have mine.

Use your one vote on the candidate of your choice. If Palin is the sure disaster that many predict then she will flame out in the primaries and then you can celebrate and taunt all of the Palinistas.

I am sorry if some of you are frightened by some of Palin’s supporters, but get over it and promote your candidate.

I am not sure why some of you are so concerned about the Palin cult anyway. I am pretty sure ninjapirate has issued death threats for all of us. Who knows how many of us will still be alive by 2012.

chief on December 30, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Ok then.

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 1:20 AM

I agree with Ma on this-sorry.
Sharks are my favorite creatures on the planet.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Sorry, but our ancestors had to hunt to eat for centuries and it’s only lately that we’ve turned largely to cultivation and raising cattle that we’ve been able to cease hunting.
They hunt to eat in AK.
In addition, they do need to hunt certain species when they overpopulate and/or invade towns and cities.
Britain’s had real problems with foxes since they banned hunting.
And America’s had problems with bears, wolves and coyotes coming into our cities all over the lower 48.
There’s nothing wrong with hunting.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 1:21 AM

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Resigning because there was no way to effectively perform the duties required of the governor is not a negative. She didn’t just throw up her hands and walk out on everyone; she spent a month making sure her lieutenant governor was up to speed and ready to govern the moment she left for good. She did a noble and selfless thing; she could have clung to power any way she could, but she decided that taking a governor’s salary without doing the work was not acceptable.

And, I’ll add just for the hell of it: There would be no way the ankle-biters could make Palin resign the Presidency because there is no way you could use endless deliberately stupid ethics lawsuits and the threat of personal bankruptcy to force the President of the United States to step down. That was a vulnerability specific to the Governor of Alaska, a vulnerability that the Alaskan legislature has finally fixed this month.

Aitch748 on December 30, 2010 at 1:22 AM

I can watch Dennis Miller rif on pretty much anything…

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 1:11 AM

tim conway and DOn knots, Abbott and Costello

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Aitch748 on December 30, 2010 at 1:22 AM

yeap the fact the state of AK changed their laws vindicates Gov Palin.

unseen on December 30, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Tell me that what oldyeller wrote doesn’t sound cultish.

You can’t.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 12:59 AM

What is the matter with you anyway?

Aitch748 on December 30, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Geochelone on December 30, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 1:21 AM

Is it wrong to hunt feral cats? They are invading my casa and make noise at night. I’m kind of joking, but they do annoy me.

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 1:24 AM

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Yes, if they’re not rabid.
Try to cage them if you can, contact your local shelter that catches and releases them after they’ve fixed them like Alley Cat Allies.
Poor things.
They’re abandoned kittens who grew up, just trying to survive.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 1:26 AM

I agree with Ma on this-sorry.
Sharks are my favorite creatures on the planet.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Then stay away from my hood for a while. They are culling the deer back here and in all of Thorn Creek. They have become dangerous to the citizens of the shabby chic projects. We had one go through someone’s living window a couple months ago, and 2 bad accidents on my street caused by the deer and God only knows how many on the Sauk.

I have a dozen in my back yard every afternoon. They are starving and over populated back here. Their meat goes to homeless shelters.

Sorry, it’s the reality of a dangerous and serious problem.

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 1:28 AM

I understand that, but look how long it took you to explain that.

Try to squeeze that explanation to convince the public for the general election to less than 30 seconds without losing their attention. That is tough.

We have a product to sell and that makes the job of selling her difficult.

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 1:29 AM

There’s nothing wrong with hunting.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 1:21 AM

If you’re lost in the woods and starving that’s one thing…sport-hunting is TOTALLY different. Killing shouldn’t be fun!
I said I’d vote for her if she was nominated.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:31 AM

alt,

You do realize that predator control is practiced across the U.S. and is not limited to Alaska, including airborne methods…

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 1:32 AM

We have a product to sell and that makes the job of selling her difficult.

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Good point. I’m sure someone will shoot holes in it though.

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Knuck:
A lot of conservatives hunt-as a conservative animal rights person I know I’m a minority-and that won’t stop me from voting for the right candidate.

As far as your neighborhood…if I don’t go in it it won’t be because they’re killing the deer…it’ll be because John Ostenburg is village president.
Aren’t you glad that I mentioned your old buddy’s name.
*ducks*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:36 AM

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 1:29 AM

True Dat…But, I think that’s a topic that can be explained and diminished during the several debates — if Palin runs…

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 1:36 AM

sport-hunting is TOTALLY different. Killing shouldn’t be fun!

Are you talking about her hunting on her show?
Is she having too much fun getting her food?
She did carve up the meat at the end to feed her family.
Apparently, hunting for food’s quite common in AK.
I’ve known men in TX that have hunted for years, but they do eat what they kill.
It’s not purely for “sport” or “fun.”

I said I’d vote for her if she was nominated.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Too funny! OK. We have to work on your mother.

And of course, everyone’s missing the obvious point that Palin is pro-2nd Amendment not just for hunting.
There’s a reason John Kerry posed as a hunter and did his lame “Can I get me a huntin’ license?” when he ran for POTUS.

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 1:36 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:36 AM

I’m a die-hard fisherman. Bass fishing is my passion.

And that fat tool is going down this year.

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 1:38 AM

ALL YOU STUPID IDIOT TROLLS..YOU ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH!..:)

PS..I just thought I would get everyone prepped for someone’s entrance!..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 1:32 AM

While I don’t approve…I’m not the government nanny. I’m not trying to make sport-hunting illegal
Since I don’t like it…I won’t participate in anything involving hunting and I won’t wear fur etc..
Those that like hunting will do otherwise.
See-very conservatarian.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:39 AM

ALL YOU STUPID IDIOT TROLLS..YOU ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH!..:)

PS..I just thought I would get everyone prepped for someone’s entrance!/////..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Sorry forgot the Sarc Tags..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 1:40 AM

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 1:36 AM

THAT was a crock. LoL
It was like Dukakis in the tank.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:40 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:36 AM

I’ve never hunted, fished a few times…I don’t like getting up early and I really don’t like getting up early and going outside into the cold even more…

Getting back to Alaska, many residents hunt for food not for trophies…

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 1:40 AM

Jenfidel on December 30, 2010 at 1:36 AM

“Hey everyone, look at me, I drive a truck” -Mitt

El_Terrible on December 30, 2010 at 1:40 AM

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 1:38 AM

I saw his wife at Ultra a few weeks back. If she recognized me-being that I used to live in their coffee bar she should have-she didn’t say anything.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 30, 2010 at 1:42 AM

D.S.,

Wanna borrow my cloaking device?

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Getting back to Alaska, many residents hunt for food not for trophies…

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 1:40 AM

I’m a catch and release kind of girl now. Unless it really is a worth spending $125 bucks an inch to have it mounted.

Knucklehead on December 30, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Gohawgs on December 30, 2010 at 1:42 AM

LOL!..You know it is coming..:)

Dire Straits on December 30, 2010 at 1:44 AM