Yesterday’s choice was entirely too easy; over 82% of you chose Barack Obama’s decision to leave Bill Clinton in charge of a presidential press conference. During the year, we saw runaway OOTW polls, too, but we also saw a few that were almost too close to call. In our OOTY tradition (which means I did it last year too), we’ll give a few of the oh-so-close second choices from the weekly polls one last chance to get into the semifinals. Each of these choices came within a whisker of winning the OOTW, and who knows? Perhaps one lucky winner can compete for the OOTY, too:
- “Everybody can buy a truck”
- Obama refers to himself 132 times in a speech
- Obama celebrates Freedom of the Press Act by refusing to take questions from reporters
- Goes to Maine for vacation after First Lady urges people to visit the Gulf
- Obama goes on the View, skips Scout Jamboree
- UN report rips Arizona on human rights, plugs ObamaCare
- “We can absorb a terrorist attack.”
- Obama a Christian because Jesus talked about “being my brothers’ and sisters’ keeper, treating others as they would treat me.”
- Says if his policies had worked, people would have more confidence in them
Tomorrow, we start with the playoffs — the first semifinal flight. It only gets tougher from here! Also, I’ll still be looking for fresh OOTD candidates, even though I’ll likely hold off publishing them until after the first of the year.
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at[email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!