Hot Air’s top 50 posts in 2010: 31-40

posted at 3:00 pm on December 28, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

After consulting the web gurus and technical wizards behind Hot Air’s big green curtain, we have our next set of the most-viewed posts for 2010. This set is heavy on Tea Parties, ObamaCare, and Rick Sanchez.  It has the guaranteed traffic magnet of TSA, but interestingly, no Sarah Palin or Chris Christie posts. It does, however, have one Glenn Beck reference, so the world is still somehow right.

Note: By popular demand, we’ll order these in countdown style from now on.

• #40: Finally: George Will vs Meghan McCain on the tea-party movement – Thank goodness ABC hired Christiane Amanpour to inject journalistic credibility into This Week.  If this was a fight, it would have been called before the first round.  In debates, though, they don’t have formal intellectual weight classes.
  • #39: MS-NBC anchor: I’m so bummed that Shahzad wasn’t a Tea Partier – Contessa Brewer starts off by talking about bigotry and inadvertently reveals her own.  Must-see TV.
  • #38: Breaking: Rick Sanchez fired from CNN – It didn’t take long for CNN to react to Sanchez’ accusation that the Joooooos control the media, including, er, his own channel.  As Allahpundit noted, we finally found out what it took to get fired from CNN.
  • #37: Open thread: the Restoring Honor rally – When I began looking at these, I wondered whether I should include open threads, but decided that since we’re using traffic numbers, they qualify.  Only a couple made it into the top 50 posts this year, and no, none of them were NFL threads.
  • #36: Sanchez: CNN run by the Jews – Mediaite covered Sanchez’ flameout in detail, and this was our first post on the subject.  Sanchez really beclowned himself well in his interview with Pete Dominick by starting off with an accusation of bigotry against Jon Stewart and finishing with a Jews-secretly-control-the-media canard.
  • #35: Press corps grills Gibbs: Um, didn’t Obama shamelessly lie about C-SPAN?Well, yes he did.  The question got prompted by all of the backroom wheeling and dealing on ObamaCare, including entire rewrites of the legislation in secret, along with White House involvement in negotiations behind closed doors.  The embarrassment led to a televised debate, “moderated” by Obama, between Congressional Republicans and Democrats a few weeks later in which Obama ended up looking petty and defensive most of the day.  Campaign promises have a way of coming back to bite Presidents, and this one took a chunk out of Obama’s armor.
  • #34: “Not true”: Alito mouths words as Obama hammers Supreme Court – Justice Samuel Alito didn’t make a noise, but he did make a stink with his quiet response to Obama’s attack on the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision during the State of the Union address.  The moment became a momentary Rorschach test on politics: liberals accused Alito of a breach of decorum, while conservatives ripped Obama for his gracelessness in attacking the court directly during the speech.  The result?   Don’t expect to see many members of the Court at next month’s SOTU.
  • #33: Deval Patrick on Beck rally: “It’s a free country.  I wish it weren’t.”It’s not often that a major political figure publicly expresses a distaste for freedom, but to be fair, Patrick is governor of Massachusetts.  Considering the people they routinely send to Washington, it doesn’t come as much of a surprise.
  • #32: Video: TSA body-searches a three-year-old girl – The video itself was almost two years old when it came to our attention, but it certainly caught the mood of the moment — and was hardly the only example of its kind.  The reason it originally came to light was because the child’s father turned out to be a television reporter who filmed the entire disturbing incident on his cell phone.
  • #31: Another ObamaCare mandate we had to discover after its passage – Nancy Pelosi infamously told us that we had to pass ObamaCare to discover what was in it, and she was right.  Just days after passage by Congress, the AP discovered a federal menu mandate that applied to any restaurant chain of 20 or more locations, regardless of whether those locations crossed state lines.  Three days later, my exclusive report on the mandate’s impact featured a local Minnesota chain, Davanni’s, and how the impact would force them to reduce customer choice and raise prices — which has a bigger impact on smaller restaurant chains, thanks to the economies of scale on menu changes.

Update: Readers can find #41-50 in yesterday’s post.

Comments

I gotta know, who had more in the top 50: AP or Ed? Who gets to gloat?

WashJeff on December 28, 2010 at 3:03 PM

In debates, though, they don’t have formal intellectual weight classes.

Did someone just call Meggie Mac fat? OOOhhhhh, he meant a intellectual lightweight…wups, my bad

ted c on December 28, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Where is 41 thru 50? Did you post them already? If so, why no link to them?

Warner Todd Huston on December 28, 2010 at 3:06 PM

•#36: Sanchez: CNN run by the Jews

Moral of the story … Get drunk AFTER work, not before.

Tony737 on December 28, 2010 at 3:08 PM

#39…take a bow Contessa…seems like it was the thing to do this year.

ted c on December 28, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Warner Todd Huston on December 28, 2010 at 3:06 PM

They were hiding in the Vault.

Cindy Munford on December 28, 2010 at 3:09 PM

All of these were really good.

Cindy Munford on December 28, 2010 at 3:09 PM

•#38: Breaking: Rick Sanchez fired from CNN

Moral of the story … Get drunk AFTER work, not before. – Tony737 on December 28, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Ooooops! Too late!

Tony737 on December 28, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Where is 41 thru 50? Did you post them already? If so, why no link to them?

Good point! Link added to post.

Ed Morrissey on December 28, 2010 at 3:12 PM

•#33: Deval Patrick on Beck rally: “It’s a free country. I wish it weren’t.”

Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you’re a fool than to open it up and remove all doubt.

Tony737 on December 28, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Deval Patrick. Facepalm.

Nice work, MASS….

ted c on December 28, 2010 at 3:14 PM

It’s a free country where Deval Patrick can be governor of a state….I wish it weren’t and he’d be in jail./

ted c on December 28, 2010 at 3:15 PM

I go with # 34, Not True, Alito at last years SOTU address.
L

letget on December 28, 2010 at 3:16 PM

# 39 – Air head liberal communist in training Contessa Brewer for giving everyone a glimpse into the liberal mind.

darwin on December 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Well, it almost been a full year.

How does Hot Air look since the acquisition of Hot Air?
That’s in my Top 50

Kini on December 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Kini on December 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Remember when Michelle did “RANT” videos? … ahhhhh the good ole days!

Tony737 on December 28, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Deval Patrick on Beck rally: “It’s a free country. I wish it weren’t

So how comes Deval Patrick can get away with saying bilgewater like this, but if an Average Joe like me walks up to him and calls him a pompous a**hole to his face, he could turn around and sue me?

Yeah, Deval, let’s talk about it being a free country, loser!

pilamaye on December 28, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Remember when Michelle did “RANT” videos?

Tony737 on December 28, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Yes, I do. I miss the Ventilators.

Maybe Ed can whip up a musical tribute to 2010!

Kini on December 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Preach it!

LincolntheHun on December 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Ed, you are a phenomenally productive man. What you get done in a single day is amazing — and it’s sincerely appreciated!

Josiah on December 28, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Cindy Munford
<blockquote.
They were hiding in the Vault.

I was probably a bit unclear that I was sort of being sarcastic in order to get the HA team to add links to each of the lists of ten on each post. I had seen 41 thru 50 the other day, I just thought that each post should have links to the rest of the series.

And now that I see they added the link, I stand mollified.

Warner Todd Huston on December 28, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Hey, so what’s ol’ Rick Sanchez doing now days?
I hope he hasn’t gone back to drunken hit & run manslaughter.

esnap on December 28, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Justice Samuel Alito didn’t make a noise, but he THE LEFTTURDS did make a stink with his quiet response to Obama’s attack on the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision during the State of the Union address. The moment became a momentary Rorschach test on politics: liberals accused Alito of a breach of decorum, while conservatives ripped Obama for his gracelessness in attacking the court directly during the speech. The result? Don’t expect to see many members of the Court at next month’s SOTU.

FIFY

Branch Rickey on December 28, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Breaking: Rick Sanchez fired from CNN

This story broke the schadenfreude meter for me.

Branch Rickey on December 28, 2010 at 4:15 PM

#33: Deval Patrick on Beck rally: “It’s a free country. I wish it weren’t.”

A little bit of honesty from a Leftist-Oppressive.

To them, freedom and liberty are only useful until they can get enough people to vote for them for a living, then…

Colbyjack on December 28, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Kini on December 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Remember when Michelle did “RANT” videos? … ahhhhh the good ole days!

Tony737 on December 28, 2010 at 3:22 PM

There are a lot of things I miss about the “old” Hot Air.
I miss Michelle & Bryan and a lot of the old original posters. Ed and Allah have done a good job but I am not terribly fond of what has happened to the site since the “aquisition”.

brtex on December 28, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Fantastical! I can’t wait to get all of them so I can forward the links to my libtard friends!

kirkill on December 28, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I gotta know, who had more in the top 50: AP or Ed? Who gets to gloat?

WashJeff on December 28, 2010 at 3:03 PM

..I’m betting that it’s AP. All he has to do to rack up 200 hits is to go Medieval on Sarah and people freak out.

The War Planner on December 28, 2010 at 9:03 PM