CNN poll: The GOP’s got a fee-vah and the only prescription is more Mike Huckabee!

posted at 4:14 pm on December 28, 2010 by Allahpundit

Like a pipin’ hot bowl of chicken soup on a frosty winter day, this shameless bit of traffic bait during the slowest news cycle of the year is mmm mmm good.

I know this guy’s enjoying his TV show and the chance to interview Jon Voight every other week, but if his polls are still this rosy five months from now, he’ll really have no choice but to run, right?

In the battle for the GOP presidential nomination, the survey suggests Palin may have some work to do if she throws her hat in the ring. Only 49 percent of Republicans say that they are likely to support Sen. John McCain’s running mate in 2008 for the Republican nomination in 2012.

“That’s a huge 18-point drop since December of 2008, when two-thirds of GOPers said they were likely to support Palin. It also puts her well behind potential rivals Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney, and a bit behind Newt Gingrich as well,” adds Holland.

Two-thirds of Republicans questioned say they would likely support Huckabee as their nominee in 2012. The former Arkansas governor and 2008 GOP presidential candidate is considering another bid for the White House. So is another candidate from the last election, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney. Fifty-nine percent of Republicans say they would likely support Romney. That number drops to 54 percent for former House Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia, who is also contemplating a run for the White House.

Spend a minute skimming the crosstabs. It’s no surprise that Mitt and Huck do much better with self-described moderate Republicans than Palin does (fully 50 percent say they’re not likely at all to support her), but they actually outperform her among conservative Republicans too. Romney’s numbers are only slightly better but Huckabee’s are dramatically so — a combined 74/25 split among those who say they’re likely/not likely to support him versus a 62/37 split for Romney and a 58/41 split for Palin. To some extent that’s a product of Mitt’s and Huck’s weaknesses being less well known at this point, even to the base, than Palin’s are, but nearly all conservatives polled had some knowledge of all three. Only one percent of cons said they had no opinion of Huckabee or Romney.

The tea party numbers are fascinating too. Here’s how they break down for Palin:

And for Romney:

And for Huck:

Same counterintuitive results among self-described tea party supporters as among self-described conservatives: Huckabee leads big, followed by Romney and then Palin right behind. That stands to reason given the heavy overlap between “tea partiers” and “conservatives,” but I didn’t think it’d be quite that heavy. I guess DeMint was right that the balance within the tea party between fiscal and social conservatism isn’t as lopsided as libertarians believe. Either that, or perceptions about Palin’s qualifications and/or electability run so deep even within her own de facto base that TPers would rather roll the dice on health-care apostate Mitt Romney than on her.

In other news from the crosstabs, the number of Democrats who say Obama should be renominated stands at a robust 78 percent, more than 20 points higher than the number who answered the same way for Bill Clinton when asked this question in 1994. The next time some dopey liberal who’s angry about the public option or the estate tax starts grumbling about a primary challenge, please do laugh right in their face. Exit question one: How is a guy who managed 32 measly votes in the Hot Air mega-poll about 2012 cleaning up among tea partiers and conservatives? I realize our readership isn’t necessarily representative of the base, but it should be a little representative. Exit question two: Given that this poll makes Huckabee more likely to run and thus to split the social conservative vote with Palin, you know who these numbers really benefit? You guessed it!

Update: Not the only discouraging poll for Sarahcuda today, either.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I am a long time Huckabee supporter. However, while I really,really,really like Huckabee, I do not think he can win. I don’t think that Mike is intellectually curious. If Huckabee were to study up on Conservative principles, and speak out about policy issues I think he could be ready in 2016.

At this point, Huckabee is unelectable.

portlandon on December 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Not a Huck fan. Gawd help us.

CWforFreedom on December 28, 2010 at 6:44 PM

This CNN poll is actually consistent with regards to Palin’s favorability.

When it comes to Palin, CNN must always report that Palin is DOING WORST.

So what’s new?

TheAlamos on December 28, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Why do you want to stifle debate?

Branch Rickey on December 28, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Have at it. You just keep proving my point. You APPEAR to be obsessed. I care little either way I just get a kick out of you claiming others are obsessed Mr. Pot.

CWforFreedom on December 28, 2010 at 6:45 PM

There’s nothing conservative about Mike Huckabee. It’s the state-run media that has labeled him “conservative.” Huckabee has a long record of being soft on crime (ask the families of the four cops his parolee murdered about how tough on crime he is). Huckabee is a believer in the myth known as global warming and he is a strong advocate for the Nanny State.

He’s a pro-life progressive, and I’ll bet for enough money he’d sell out on pro-life issues as well.

pdigaudio on December 28, 2010 at 6:49 PM

portlandon on December 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Long-time? My parents and my wife were Huck “fans” – people who believed that on a “Man of God” could really heal this country. NOT ANYMORE. Of course, they will still politely respond to pollsters that they “still somewhat like” the Huckster.

First love, you know, never dies. He he he, even if you learn later that your guy was a big damned liar.

Yeeehaw!

TheAlamos on December 28, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Millions of Conservatives stayed home from the McCain/Palin amnesty duo. Lets try something different.

PrezHussein on December 28, 2010 at 6:23 PM

You got any evidence of that? My understanding is that the last three POTUS election cycles have had roughly-

2000- 50 million D voters, 50 million R voters (about 1/2 million separating them, giving W the win) for a total of 101 million or so.

2004- 59 million D voters, 62 million R voters for a total of 121 million approximately.

2008- 69 million D voters, 59 million R voters for about 128 million total.

It appears to me that the “historic” election of Obama turned out large numbers for his side, with only a relatively slight decline in vote totals for the GOP even with the Bush-weary political landscape.

However, I could be wrong, and you’re welcome to offer any compelling evidence you have to back your theory.

cs89 on December 28, 2010 at 6:57 PM

At this point, Huckabee is unelectable.

portlandon on December 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Sounds really, really familiar…

I am a long time Romney supporter. However, while I really,really,really like Romney, I do not think he can win. I don’t think that Mitt is intellectually curious. If Romney were to study up on Conservative principles, and speak out about policy issues I think he could be ready in 2016.

At this point, Romney is unelectable.

portlandon on December 28, 2010 at 6:40 PM

but it’s ok because he got some loving from sarah’s number one fan…

portlandon on December 28, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Awesome!

gary4205 on December 28, 2010 at 6:45 PM

but the obsessive palinistas aren’t insane and ripe for ridicule or anything….

Branch Rickey on December 28, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Com-on, CNN is a gong show.

royzer on December 28, 2010 at 7:00 PM

but the obsessive palinistas aren’t insane and ripe for ridicule or anything….

Branch Rickey on December 28, 2010 at 6:59 PM

LOL!!!

I just took the typical Palin concern troll meme, and applied it to Romney & Huckabee.

LOL!!!

portlandon on December 28, 2010 at 7:03 PM

CNN and the Moonbats would LOVE for the GOP to have Schmuckabee as their candidate. Another Dole/McCain loser.

I trust Schmuckabee and his conservatism as much as I trust McCain, Lugar, Murkowski, Brown, Snowe and Collins. Schmuckabee will not defend us.

Ricohoc on December 28, 2010 at 7:03 PM

I am a long time Herman Cain supporter. However, while I really,really,really like pizza, I do not think he can win. I don’t think that Hermie is intellectually curious. If Hermie were to study up on on the duties of elective office and speak out about governing issues I think he could be ready in 2016.

At this point, Hermie is unelectable.

steebo77 on December 28, 2010 at 7:06 PM

steebo77 on December 28, 2010 at 7:06 PM

LOL!

Meme du Jour.

portlandon on December 28, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Don’t buy this poll at all. Wasn’t polled. Don’t know anyone who was polled. The results look manufactured, unbelievable, really. CNN, I spit on you!

ncjetsfan on December 28, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I’m beginning to think that Huck is the only one…

True_King on December 28, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Why? Is Huck a Jew Khazar Hater like you are?

powerpro on December 28, 2010 at 5:53 PM

I hate no one, I’m just not a blind fool. Do some homework son.

True_King on December 28, 2010 at 7:24 PM

but the obsessive palinistas aren’t insane and ripe for ridicule or anything….

Branch Rickey on December 28, 2010 at 6:59 PM

It was a joke. You did not get it, apparently.

alwaysfiredup on December 28, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I’m beginning to think that Huck is the only one…

True_King on December 28, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Don’t say that…there will be another person that will rise up next year…don’t let them dictate who we want as our nominee and next POTUS…

cmsinaz on December 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I know. I’m kind of joshing, but man, he does do well in the polls. It’s all them crazy Christians that he gets support from, oh wait, I am a Christian.

I don’t get his support. *shrugs*

Actually I do. Christian social conservatives. For whatever reason they/we tend to vote for whoever claims to be mr holy, even if he is a big government type, ala Bush II.

True_King on December 28, 2010 at 7:28 PM

I’m beginning to think that Huck is the only one…

True_King on December 28, 2010 at 5:51 PM

I struggle with an eating disorder and there’s no way in %^&^($! h*ll that I’ll vote for a nanny-stater that wants to control what I eat.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 28, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Hey, don’t get mad at me. I’m just saying.

True_King on December 28, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Anyone who has any confidence in a CNN poll is a fool.

This is the network that claims to be objective and “plays it down the middle.” Its “house conservatives” are Kathleen Parker and David Frum. CNN does more to appeal to the “angry old drunk” market segment (with Jack Cafferty) than the 40%+ conservative market share.

You can bet CNN told the polling company the results it wanted and the polling company did what was necessary to achieve them.

bw222 on December 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I don’t know about anybody else, but in 2012, I’m going rogue or going home.

steebo77 on December 28, 2010 at 6:05 PM

So you’ll take your ball and go home, not minding another four years of 0bama?

toliver on December 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM

gary4205 on December 28, 2010 at 5:40 PM

LOL Sheesh, Gary. Lighten up, man. ROTFL!

JimP on December 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM

You give this phony poll away when you posted the Tea Party numbers.

They Tea Party can’t stand Huck.

oldyeller on December 28, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Herman Cain

iceman1960 on December 28, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I hate no one, I’m just not a blind fool. Do some homework son.

True_King on December 28, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Really. So then you weren’t the one who said:

Krauthammer – Khazar Jew
Tobin – Khazar Jew

There’s your explanation as to why Tobin targeted Palin. Don’t mess with the tribe.

Who owns the media?

True_King on December 19, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Or this?

Are we sure she’s [Abigail Thernstrom] a conservative? The more I’m hearing about this lady the more I think she’s a frummy.

MeatHeadinCA on July 16, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Their both Jews and “conservative,” could be a connection there.

True_King on July 16, 2010 at 8:27 PM

And I’m not anyone’s “son”, Sparky. (*hint…think “distaff”)

powerpro on December 28, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Oh and let’s not forget this gem:

Once you let the historical enemies of Jesus Christ to take control of the publishing houses, especially those that produce school texts, as well as let them control the public education curriculum then this is what you get.

The GOP will not stop this.

True_King on December 19, 2010 at 10:53 PM

powerpro on December 28, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Nobody has announced a candidacy for the president yet. So why are these polls important again?

Oh I know, because Obama was voted the most respected human being to walk the face of the earth for the third straight year. He is a shoe in, so why bother running anybody? He has it in the bag according to the latest polls, so the GOP should not even bother, just start writing his next inaugural speech for January 2013.

shar61 on December 28, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Speaking of Tobin, it’s amazing how quiet the media was when he knocked up Jeff Greenfield’s daughter (while married to another woman) last year.

bw222 on December 28, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I am gay and I even like Huckabee as a person ………….. but, please, no.

SC.Charlie on December 28, 2010 at 8:27 PM

shar61 on December 28, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Well you know the truth just as the rest of us. The media wants to create and maintain a narrative to support who they want to be the GOP opponent in 2012. And we all know they’ll give us their honest opinions and have our best interests at heart!

Seriously though. Palin is my favored candidate…followed by my dark horse pick, Herman Cain.

But any polls right now SHOULD BE about taking a snapshot of the current mood of the electorate not try to shape opinion. But some fools fall into the trap anyway. Oh sigh.

I don’t care about any of these polls now and neither should anyone else. Let’s see who announces and see them campaign and get a feel for their vision for America. Let’s see who makes the case for themselves.

And THEN let’s see who’s message resonates with the people. Electability questions mean nothing to me this far out.

powerpro on December 28, 2010 at 8:31 PM

CNN: Nice job covering the Tea Parties in an objective manner, and vetting the plants in your 2008 CNN/YouTube “debates”. Please, tell us who we should vote for in the Primaries.

Dave Shay on December 28, 2010 at 8:33 PM

NO Huck

xplodeit on December 28, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Until another conservative steps up who has a proven record, and a strong voice against the leftist machine. My suport is for Palin.

Slowburn on December 28, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Granted, Huckabee probably has a better chance to beat Obama. But even if he wins, the country has gained NOTHING (except the hypocrite who indirectly-via pardon-murdered 4 police officers.)

MaiDee on December 28, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Heaven spare us from the Huck. Oi.

Midas on December 28, 2010 at 8:57 PM

… and if CNN ‘likes’ Huck (and they apparently do), then… why, again, should any of us take comfort in that?

Midas on December 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Huck is a Huckster; a white version of Bill Clinton.

NO.HUCK.

rickyricardo on December 28, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Palin 2012 It will become apparent to thinking people that we will have to drill for our own oil. No one is in a better position to make that happen. I enjoy watching the left schit all over themselves over her. Palin 2012.

psychocyber on December 28, 2010 at 9:12 PM

CNN and MSM trying to pick the Republican candidate. Again. You’d think that we would wise up after Dole and McCain, but I guess not. The Republicans will go all in for the person leading in the MSM polls as “most electable”. … and, predictably, we’ll get our @$$es handed to us in November 2012 despite how simply pathetic The One has been.

… all because the “smart” Republicans picked the MSM’s anointed, “most electable” candidate.

AZfederalist on December 28, 2010 at 9:21 PM

shar61 on December 28, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I forgot when the first Republican debate is, but it’s soon. The potential candidates will likely have to decide soon whether to run or not. Polling will play a role in this decision making.

The polling numbers on Palin are useful because she’s a celebrity, as in nearly everyone knows who she is and most have strong opinions.

And to those that say “Huckabee” is a strange name which would preclude him from election, i have three words for you, anybody wanna guess what they are?

toliver on December 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM

When gas hits 4 buckaroos a gallon again soon, the people will be screaming for Palin, and drilling in ANWR. She is after all the authority in that arena. She is going to tear Obama to shreds. Drill baby drill cannot come soon enough.

4.00 gas is what collapsed the car companies the first time.

shar61 on December 28, 2010 at 9:59 PM

4.00 gas is what collapsed the car companies the first time.

shar61 on December 28, 2010 at 9:59 PM

If gas hit that high, it could mean that our economy is growing well with jobs coming back, so I’m not sure how much of an advantage Palin would get from that. I support Palin’s energy ideas btw.

toliver on December 28, 2010 at 10:03 PM

TheAlamos on December 28, 2010 at 6:52 PM

That’s the problem with a “man of God” going from the pulpit into politics. You really aren’t sure when he began to lie. Was it when he was in the pulpit, and that’s why he went into politics, did he start lying when he got into politics, or was he an accomplished liar all he life?

I tend to think he was a closet liar until he entered the political arena, then he came out of the closet.

He’s UN-ELECTABLE…Dole III.

belad on December 28, 2010 at 10:14 PM

I hate no one, I’m just not a blind fool. Do some homework son.

True_King on December 28, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I just read of of your ‘quotes’ that powerpro posted..
As Catholic who was baptized protestant but born JEWISH you certainly do sound like a Jew-hater…but we’ve known that here for a long time.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 28, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Huckabee has as much chance of becoming President as Hayden Christensen does of being a good actor. I see the MSM is still debating who to pick as the next Republican candidate. Well, we know Palin is out of the running. I wonder if they’ll decide on Huckabee or Romney. I think Huckabee will win it. Romney hair is too slick. Some people might vote on that alone.

MrX on December 28, 2010 at 10:38 PM

toliver on December 28, 2010 at 10:03 PM

If gas hits that high it will more likely mean that truckers will be losing their rigs because they can’t afford diesel fuel, air travel will be down substantially and uneployment will be at 12%.

bw222 on December 28, 2010 at 10:42 PM

bw222 on December 28, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Gas goes higher for several reasons, the most common being increased demand. That would suggest a better economy.

toliver on December 28, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Between this “poll” and the USA Today poll showing Cankles and Americas Death Angel being “most admired”…..……what hope is there?

We better fall to our knees and pray to God to save us from ourselves!!

PappyD61 on December 28, 2010 at 10:51 PM

When the MSM starts picking our republican candidates for us we better not choose what they chose. Please no McCains all over again. Not that I bought the MSM`s initial `endorsement` of him to begin with. Such an endorsement is a badge of loser. So no losers for us for 2012 and we know what you are up to you crumby MSM children of the kool-aid!

Sherman1864 on December 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Great, a return to the social con and fiscal lib policies that have been so very rare these last few years.

/sigh

Benaiah on December 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

We better fall to our knees and pray to God to save us from ourselves!!

PappyD61

Careful what you ask for. Remember God sometimes lets you hit rock bottom before building you back up again. This builds character in a person. For a nation it would probably mean hitting the restart button.

Benaiah on December 28, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Are we really going to let the MFM and the Journolisters choose our candidate for us again?

Really?

radioboyatl on December 29, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Relax, people. This is not indicative of anything, mainly because no one knows who the —- any of the serious conservatives are yet, except Palin. And they won’t for a while.

Nobody knew who Obama was until roughly Thanksgiving before the primaries. We’re still a year away.

HitNRun on December 29, 2010 at 1:29 AM

A CNN poll. Really?

SukieTawdry on December 29, 2010 at 2:56 AM

SukieTawdry on December 29, 2010 at 2:56 AM

I Love your handle.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 29, 2010 at 3:13 AM

Huckabee is a shameless sellout. His convictions are very much less than skin deep and his principles are up for bid on eBay. At least with a socialist like Obama you can fairly well predict what he’ll do, or at least what he’ll want to do. No such luck with Huck.

Freelancer on December 29, 2010 at 3:36 AM

LOL!!!

portlandon on December 28, 2010 at 7:03 PM

ROFLMAO!

TheAlamos on December 29, 2010 at 4:20 AM

Sorry, CNN.

My family has learned our lesson.

We will vote for whoever reflect our values.

We don’t care about what other people say or ehem instruct.

TheAlamos on December 29, 2010 at 4:22 AM

Freelancer on December 29, 2010 at 3:36 AM

This is unfair to Huck, to be honest.

Let’s be fair to Huck, like this:

Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington’s “Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians” for 2007

6. Governor Mike Huckabee (R-AR): Governor Huckabee enjoyed a meteoric rise in the polls in December 2007, which prompted a more thorough review of his ethics record. According to The Associated Press: “[Huckabee’s] career has also been colored by 14 ethics complaints and a volley of questions about his integrity, ranging from his management of campaign cash to his use of a nonprofit organization to subsidize his income to his destruction of state computer files on his way out of the governor’s office.” And what was Governor Huckabee’s response to these ethics allegations? Rather than cooperating with investigators, Huckabee sued the state ethics commission twice and attempted to shut the ethics process down.

TheAlamos on December 29, 2010 at 4:25 AM

He’s UN-ELECTABLE…Dole III.

belad on December 28, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Exactly! But let’s be fair to Huck. Romney (king of Flip Flops) and Obama are the bigger liars in the field.

TheAlamos on December 29, 2010 at 4:34 AM

Smells like old fish to me.

Huckabee didn’t set the world on fire last time out, and only ended up with the second place ribbon because he stayed in until the bitter end. Apparently he has buffaloed enough dimwitted Baptists in Iowa into thinking there aren’t plenty of Republicans who fight for life and traditional marriage. He won’t improve his totals by running again.

Romney probably can’t see a path to the nomination without Huck in the race to split the social conservative vote. It’s not the time to be the guy running on competence and bipartisanship.

The only interesting thing about a Gingrich candidacy is that there are those out there who would succor and sustain it. Why?

Barbour, Pawlenty, Jindal, Cain . . . none has a bandwagon going, but any of them might inspire one later on.

Could the lady from Alaska be a major factor? You betcha!

Adjoran on December 29, 2010 at 5:49 AM

Huckabee has totalitarian tendencies. There is no way I would support this guy as a candidat…for any office.

zoyclem on December 29, 2010 at 6:58 AM

Ah, PPP is sure all over the map. Wasn’t it PPP that had her well ahead last week?

AnninCA on December 29, 2010 at 7:38 AM

AnninCA on December 29, 2010 at 7:38 AM

I’m not seeing it:

toliver on December 29, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Since when are CNN polls worth reporting?

Mitt had RomneyCare
Huck had his “big govt conservatism”(oxymoron)
And Palin is a true conservative who has been lambasted by the press for 3 straight years now. The plus with Palin is that they can’t drag out anything new and Palin can try to play the “gender card” when BO plays the “race card”. But she also has a bad reputation among everyone besides her fans.

What we really need is a Chris Christie or someone like that to take over. But the problem with that is that so many of the true conservatives are young and inexperienced in the big game of politics. One slip up could mean the end of the world because Obama could win and there would be no more USA.

jeffn21 on December 29, 2010 at 8:52 AM

I am gay and I even like Huckabee as a person ………….. but, please, no.

SC.Charlie on December 28, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I am straight, and as such, I will preface all comments by restating my heterosexuality.

Inanemergencydial on December 29, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Inanemergencydial on December 29, 2010 at 9:07 AM

LOL!

Jenfidel on December 29, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Huckabee FTW!!!!!

keepinitreal on December 29, 2010 at 10:05 AM

toliver on December 29, 2010 at 8:41 AM

It was an article on here, but I think I might be wrong that it was PPP. It’s in the “vault.”

AnninCA on December 29, 2010 at 10:32 AM

I personally would vote for Huckabee, if he were the candidate. I rather doubt I’d vote for Romney. That’s just a personal deal. He reminds me of Crist in FL and everything I don’t like about the Country Club GOP types.

Huckabee is a lot closer to being real to me. But I wonder if he has the money backing to really run a campaign?

AnninCA on December 29, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Am I the only one sick of these polls? I know they need to create news, but there are so many tangibles when it comes to presidential elections. At the end of the day, most people know in their gut that we need someone that can shake up the establishment. If not Sarah, then someone like her. And right now, there is nobody on the scene anything like her. My prediction is Palin and Newt the top primary vote getters and she picks him for veep.

mike_NC9 on December 29, 2010 at 10:45 AM

I like my Huckabee like I liked my Gomer Pyle.

About 1/2 hour each week via TV is plenty. Any more than that is too much.

Leaving that shallow, trivial, unfair and insulting comparison aside, I agree that he is unelectable as President, just as Gomer Pyle would have been unelectable.

Yojimbo on December 29, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Yogi, others thought it, you typed it. Good on ya!

mike_NC9 on December 29, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Whoever the media pushes or Krauthammer is not the person we want running.

lilium on December 29, 2010 at 11:45 AM

toliver on December 28, 2010 at 10:50 PM

A better economy can spark some increase via fuel demand… but a jump of about $1 (from the current $3) will put a serious crimp in purchasing power/disposable income, raise costs of shipping, etc. thereby hurting the economy very quickly.

If we get there by the 2012, it is highly unlikely the economy will be seen as “good” by anyone. IMO.

cs89 on December 29, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Sorry about the reversed quotes.

cs89 on December 29, 2010 at 12:57 PM

HUCK-a-phony. (bless me)

exdeadhead on December 29, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Totally unelectable. As dumb or dummer than BO.

SANTA on December 29, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Palin is the only person that I have seen in the national arena that actually has leadership qualities. She is not afraid to state her positions clearly and plainly. She also has a great sense of humor and isn’t afraid to use it on screaming cry baby liberals and let the chips fall where they may. She has my full support should she decide to run. I also like Mike Pence and Herman Cain. She may just end up throwing her support behind one of them. Let there be a good competition between the candidates and we will see who is left standing. The only thing that I like about Huckabee is his support of The Fair Tax. I don’t know if I can vote for him based just on that.

ReneePA on December 29, 2010 at 3:07 PM

I will vote of any of them rather than Obama. BUT, I LOATHE Romney, Huckabee and Ron Paul AS candidates for Pres….I DO NOT want to have to vote for one of them. I don’t believe that enough of America likes them any better than I do for Pres, which means, they will not be able to get enough votes. And Obama will be a shoe in if one of them is candidate.

I’d LOVE to see Pence run, maybe Allen West for VP? I honestly think enough of America would be willing to vote for them instead of Obama. We have to think past the primaries. Pence can do it.

Minorcan Maven on December 29, 2010 at 6:54 PM

toliver

The price of gas has increased 70% or so since Obama took office. How’s the economy doing?

By the way, how did people think the economy was doing when gas approached $4.00 per gallon under Bush?

xblade on December 30, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Why is it that when the greatest liberal minds on the planet all come together on television for hours to discuss Palin’s future they always make mention of her doing a “Reality Show” on TLC as if it is a curse? Yet, they never mention that Huck has a Sunday School Class on Fox News every Saturday night?

Is that another gender issue with liberals?

joedoe on December 30, 2010 at 11:35 AM