New Hawaii governor: We’re going to put a stop to this Birther crap once and for all

posted at 5:09 pm on December 27, 2010 by Allahpundit

Exceptionally stupid. Although, if he’s intent on digging up background on The One, I wouldn’t mind seeing what he comes up with by way of transcripts from Columbia.

“It’s an insult to his mother and to his father, and I knew his mother and father; they were my friends, and I have an emotional interest in that,” Governor Abercrombie said in a telephone interview late Thursday. “It’s an emotional insult. It is disrespectful to the president; it is disrespectful to the office.”

The governor, a Democrat and former congressman, said he has initiated conversations with the state’s attorney general and the chief of its Health Department about how he can release more explicit documentation of Mr. Obama’s birth on Aug. 4, 1961, at Kapiolani Maternity and Gynecological Hospital. He said he has done so of his own accord, without consulting the White House, which declined to comment…

Mr. Abercrombie, 72, said that although he did not see the elder Obamas at the hospital with their newborn son, he did remember the couple bringing the baby to social events. He says the critics who suggest that Mr. Obama’s mother slipped off to Kenya to give birth are engaging in a “demonological fantasy.” And he is angry about legislation in several states that would require presidential candidates to document that they were born in this country. A similar bill died in Congress last year.

First, and apropos of nothing, my mind is blown by the fact that the governor of Hawaii remembers the president of the United States as an infant. But never mind that. Why is this tool dredging up an issue that, mercifully, had begun to go away? Hawaii’s records department received only 16 requests for Obama’s birth certificate in November, down from 50 or so a month last year. Higher courts have waved away multiple Birther petitions, and the court-martial of Lt. Col. Terry Lakin ended with him pleading guilty to failing to report for duty. This subject has no traction, in other words, either legally or in mainstream media, and thus had probably never been fringier when Abercrombie spoke up and decided to treat it as a problem that needs solving. Even his personal testimony about having seen Obama as a baby in Hawaii won’t count for anything among true believers, since he admits that he wasn’t at the hospital for the delivery — which is too bad, since it would have been fun to watch them come up with theories to explain even that inconvenient fact away. (It was a changeling!)

This guy’s now placed himself in the following position. Either he inadvertently revives the Birther movement by crusading for a new law to make long-form birth certificates public without the approval of the individuals to whom they belong or he decides nothing can be done legally and backs off, which will itself inflame Birthers by inspiring dark theories about pressure on him from the White House to quiet down. And of course, since Abercrombie’s a liberal Democrat, if he does somehow manage to produce the long-form certificate and it confirms that Obama’s birth happened as alleged, skeptics will dismiss it as a forgery planted by an ideological ally to throw Birthers off the scent of the “real” birth certificate. He can’t win here. Why would he even try?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Most required classes take 2 semesters
mbs on December 27, 2010 at 10:55 PM

In any event, that’s not the true at HLS (except for legal writing).

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 11:01 PM

What? No. Maybe at your TTT but not at my school, or any school I’ve heard of.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I think 2 semesters of civ pro, con law, contracts, torts, property, and legal research & writing are pretty standard. And it’s not unusual to have a professor teaching more than one class. And anonymous grading isn’t very anonymous anyway. Have you ever spoken to a professor outside of class? I’m thinking not. You don’t seem to know a whole lot about law schools.

mbs on December 27, 2010 at 11:05 PM

In any event, that’s not the true at HLS (except for legal writing).

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 11:01 PM

I’m pretty sure you don’t have a clue what HLS required when Obama was there.

mbs on December 27, 2010 at 11:07 PM

crr6, your faith in the “blindness” of grading is quite touching. Also ridiculously naive, especially for someone who claims to have been around.

SukieTawdry on December 27, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Seriously. I’ve talked to more than one law professor who admitted they knew exactly whose papers they were grading.

mbs on December 27, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Hey, crr6…

You say you’re in law school now (in the year 2010) but are the grading procedures in place today the same that were in use at Harvard Law School in the late 1980′s/early 90′s??

120pages on December 27, 2010 at 11:11 PM

crr6–how is it that you, as a menial student, have such in-depth and vast (?) expertise about the ins and outs of most major law programs in the US? You’d think you’d concern yourself with the content and coursework, but you seem to specialize in the curricula and other mundane program-knowledge of these supposedly remarkable legal programs. That’s amazing for a law student. I’m having to develop some further theories as to how you came about such deep knowledge about all these places….

ted c on December 27, 2010 at 11:12 PM

apparently, law school is a snap, and any jackwagon can get through it without studying too hard. Conversely, the content must be heavy on the pedigree of said-programs as well as the “interstate” commerce (pun intended) of the “top 10%” and their respective similarities/differences. Or…..someone had a lot of trouble getting into law school and spent a few hours on her back up on a few desks getting a few extra tips, if you will….

ted c on December 27, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Er, no. If your TTT did it, it was an exception to the rule. The big, substantive 1L courses are generally a semester long. Regardless, we’re talking about HLS here, and HLS doesn’t do that (except for with legal writing).

And it’s not unusual to have a professor teaching more than one class.

Oh, I know. But that doesn’t change the fact that they exams are graded anonymously.

And anonymous grading isn’t very anonymous anyway.

Right, you keep saying that but you never clarify what you mean.

Have you ever spoken to a professor outside of class?

Yep. I was a research assistant for one last year. We went out for lunch a few times. I didn’t receive any dramatic confessions about anonymous grading.

I’m thinking not.

Well you’d be wrong.

You don’t seem to know a whole lot about law schools.

mbs on December 27, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you.

mbs on December 27, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Just because the profs at your TTT violated the school’s policy, doesn’t mean it’s widespread.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 11:16 PM

ted c on December 27, 2010 at 11:12 PM

I’m flattered, thanks.

I certainly wouldn’t consider myself an expert, but I did visit several of the T14 schools during my decision process, and I researched them extensively. I also have friends at a lot of different law schools, both good ones and bad ones. Don’t take my word for it though, most of the stuff I’ve mentioned can be found on the internet anyway.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 11:20 PM

is that what they’re calling it these days? research assistant. Hmmph, I’ll have to get me one of those.

ted c on December 27, 2010 at 11:22 PM

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Oh, I’ll take your word for it alright. You’d think that you’d find a thing or two outside of law school to discuss around here, its quite old.

ted c on December 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM

ted c on December 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Feel free to ignore me.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Feel free to ignore me.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Keep your comments regarding the greater commentariat “here at HotAir” to yourself and I’ll return to ignoring your ill-educated legal drivel. mmkay?

ted c on December 27, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Jesus, for a second put down the lawyer hat and put on the common sense hat. The first black HLR editor would not get bad grades. Doesn’t matter if there were 5000 people in his class and a martian who didn’t know what a Harvard Law Review was graded the exams.

I cannot believe you’re that naive. Nobody older than 4 can be.

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Most of the people on Law Review get there because of their top grades. There are a few that “write their way on” through articles, but my recollection is that 85% got on because of their grades. So it’s not surprising that an editor of the Law Review would have good grades–he very likely had them in his 1L year before he even got on Law Review.

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Why? Because you say so? There’s meager support for them.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 10:54 PM

“Meager support”, because you say so?

Considering they are republican bills being submitted to new heavily republican teaparty legislatures with republican governors – “meager” is not the correct term – “sure thing” is far more accurate, and it need pass in only one state to put 0bama in a real bind.

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Most of the people on Law Review get there because of their top grades. …my recollection is that 85% got on because of their grades. So it’s not surprising that an editor of the Law Review would have good grades–he very likely had them in his 1L year before he even got on Law Review.

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 11:46 PM

True at most schools, but not at Harvard – law review positions there are 100% write on. Again, doesn’t prove much, one way or another.

LASue on December 28, 2010 at 12:45 AM

LASue on December 28, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Apparently when Obama was at HLS, about half “graded on” and another half were selected based on a writing competition.

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Here’s a question for anybody: if 0bama did so great in law school – why isn’t he a lawyer?

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 1:03 AM

“Meager support”, because you say so?

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 12:27 AM

No because so far when those requirements have been proposed, they’ve either voted down or withdrawn.

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 12:27 AM

I think you’re making the common birther mistake of assuming since those legislators and governors are Republican, they’ll agree with you. Many Republicans think you’re nuts as well.

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Because he’d rather be President of the United States.

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:11 AM

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Everyone had to ‘write on’ to get on law review at Harvard; some of the editors are selected based on their write-on scores, their class grades, or a combination of those scores.

LASue on December 28, 2010 at 1:12 AM

We will see – my estimate is that it will pass in Texas at the very least. All it will take is one state, and a lot of states are now controlled by the teaparty republicans.

Because he’d rather be President of the United States.

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:11 AM

That’s funny, because I thought you could be both. I do believe Bill Clinton was both, well, before his license was stripped from him after committing perjury and being impeached that is.

I guess you’re saying 0bama cannot walk and chew gum at the same time – but most of us already knew that.

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 1:19 AM

LASue on December 28, 2010 at 1:12 AM

I think you’re a bit confused. Everyone on law review is called an “editor.” Back then, you could join law review (and become a staff editor) by either “writing on” or “grading on.” Once on law review, you could obtain a Board position (such as President) by being elected by your fellow editors.

From the NYT article:

Until the 1970′s the editors were picked on the basis of grades, and the president of the Law Review was the student with the highest academic rank. Among these were Elliot L. Richardson, the former Attorney General, and Irwin Griswold, a dean of the Harvard Law School and Solicitor General under Presidents Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard M. Nixon.

That system came under attack in the 1970′s and was replaced by a program in which about half the editors are chosen for their grades and the other half are chosen by fellow students after a special writing competition.

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:20 AM

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 12:54 AM

A cite other than Frank rich’s rag would be nice.

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Because he’d rather be President of the United States.

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Why?

Del Dolemonte on December 28, 2010 at 1:23 AM

We will see – my estimate is that it will pass in Texas at the very least.

Wait, earlier in the thread you told me it will pass in 4 States? You mean you were lying?

That’s funny, because I thought you could be both.

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 1:19 AM

You could, but it’d be pointless. Maintaining a law license costs money and time (e.g. bar association fees, malpractice insurance, taking CLE courses), so lawyers who have stopped practicing and who don’t anticipate practicing in the neat future often place their licenses in an inactive status to avoid those obligations.

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:25 AM

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:20 AM

I said he was an “Editor” earlier in this thread and was corrected. He was higher up.

Which means his utter hackdom was even worse.

Del Dolemonte on December 28, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Which means his utter hackdom was even worse.

Del Dolemonte on December 28, 2010 at 1:25 AM

What are you babbling about?

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:26 AM

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:25 AM

I love how lawyers call what they do for a living “practice”.

Just curious, my profession requires all of the requirements you cite save one. Isn’t being required to join a Bar Association and pay dues compromise your objectivity?

Del Dolemonte on December 28, 2010 at 1:31 AM

You are funny, when you get all mad about those awful “birthers” actually making 0bama bend to their will. It will pass, and 0bama will have to produce his long form birth certificate, forfeit the electorial votes, or not run. Any of the above means “birthers” win, you must agree.

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Really? Because 0bama has spent well over a million dollars keeping his long form birth certificate and other records from public view – it would seem maintaining a law license would be small potatoes comparatively speaking.

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Del Dolemonte on December 28, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Uh…no.

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Very strange, that he would give up his law license, before he became POTUS.Even IF he thought he was going to win.!!!.and figured that he would be set for life re $$$$ and would not have to practice law to make a living.it makes no sense..and of course, Moochelle had to give her’s up.!!!!
Wouldn’t you just love to know the real reason she had to do that!!??

Xango Annie on December 28, 2010 at 1:34 AM

What are you babbling about?

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Go back earlier in the thread, Minerva.

Del Dolemonte on December 28, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Link from a reputable site?

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Just curious, my profession requires all of the requirements you cite save one.
Del Dolemonte on December 28, 2010 at 1:31 AM

What’s your “profession?”

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:39 AM

I think you’re a bit confused. Everyone on law review is called an “editor”

Most law school reviews have editors, members, and staff writers. You may be right that at Harvard, they’re all called ‘editors’, but in any event, during Obama’s time (and now), no one grades on to law review (which is what I said at the outset). More than half are selected based on their writing competition scores alone, the remainder are selected based on grades + the writing score and a few slots are “discretionary” which, according to Harvard, are generally used for “for the affirmative action program.”

LASue on December 28, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Federal Election Commission records for “Obama for America” show that the lobby organization has paid international law firm Perkins Coie exactly $1,666,397.01 since the 2008 election.

1.7 million dollars to hide his records, rather than a few bucks to just release them. But he cannot afford to maintain his law license.

Odd.

Anyway, we will all get to see his long form birth certificate, well, unless he decides not to run again. Crazy “birthers” making states change their election laws – how unprogressive.

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 1:47 AM

…that’s a world net daily link. Anything else?

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:59 AM

…that’s a world net daily link. Anything else?

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:59 AM

It is a matter of public record that 0bama has paid Perkins Coie 1.7 million to fight exposure of his records.

Money poorly spent, when he’s going to have to produce his records if he plans to run again. My guess is he simply won’t run. What do you think he’ll do, when faced with the choice?

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Am I being moderated? Where are my comments going?

LASue on December 28, 2010 at 2:19 AM

I see that the thread’s been hijacked – again.

However, it doesn’t matter where Obama was born – he could have been born on the White House lawn, it’s the legal status of his parents that is the issue.

OldEnglish on December 28, 2010 at 2:32 AM

“It’s an insult to his mother and to his father,

His parents were a promiscuous teenage girl and a sleazy, married-with-kids Kenyan drunk, both of whom are long dead.

It’s kind of funny that the Hawaii governor is worried about someone insulting them.

AZCoyote on December 28, 2010 at 7:11 AM

He remembers it as well as Bill walking across Harlem and Hillary being named for Sir Edmund. Oh yeah, and also as well as Barry remembers all his favorite White Sox Cubs A’s ….never mind.

TugboatPhil on December 28, 2010 at 8:44 AM

I think this was a trick from the beginning. He was probably born in HI, but never provided an actual birth cerificate just a proof of birth. This was to make the opposition look crazy. A good ol’ fashioned rope-a-dope.

jeffn21 on December 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Governor Abercrombie should produce the long form birth certificate.

Phil Byler on December 28, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Buggererers

KZnextzone on December 27, 2010 at 9:55 PM

DARN YOU!! That is exactly how I was going to spell it!!

TugboatPhil on December 28, 2010 at 10:27 AM

You go Mr. Governor. I”m sure that’s what the people of Hawaii think is best for them.
Never mind all the real problems.

mmcnamer1 on December 28, 2010 at 10:58 AM

This was to make the opposition look crazy. A good ol’ fashioned rope-a-dope.

jeffn21 on December 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Considering the left has been banging the “birther” drum for on two years now, and in that time they lost the governorships of Virgina and New Jersey, Ted Kennedy’s seat, and of course the historic asskicking of Nov. 2 – I say let them bang that drum as hard as they can.

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 11:31 AM

LASue on December 28, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Hm. I’m not sure where you got that from, because the NYT article doesn’t say anything about “discretionary” spots. Did you go to HLS in the late 80′s early 90′s? You’re correct that now Law Review is based entirely off of a writing competition, but I’m pretty sure back then it was 1/2 write on 1/2 grade-on.

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Ah, ok. So why can’t you find a link to anything other than WND?

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM

It is an interesting coincidence.

I understand the previous president of the United States remembers the previous governor of Florida as an infant, and has known another POTUS since he himself was an infant.

Just another useless factoid.

factoid on December 28, 2010 at 1:39 PM

jeffn21 on December 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM

If so, you guys swallowed it, hook, line and sinker.

factoid on December 28, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Ah, ok. So why can’t you find a link to anything other than WND?

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM

You mean, besides the Federal Election Commission website that was linked to in the original article?

No, I think that to be sufficient.

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 2:42 PM

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Stop being obnoxious about third-tier law schools. The school you went to just isn’t that important in the grand scheme of things.

alwaysfiredup on December 28, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Link?

alwaysfiredup on December 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Link?

alwaysfiredup on December 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I was referring to the NYT link I posted above.

No, I think that to be sufficient.

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 2:42 PM

1) That link says 300k, not 1.7 million 2) How do you know all of that money was spent on “hiding” Obama’s birth certificate? Or even most of it? 3) Even if it was, Obama didn’t spend that money out of own his personal funds, as you indicated.

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 3:18 PM

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 3:18 PM

1) that was one quarter’s worth of filing, look through all the filings to find the total amount.
2) the law firm was hired for the specific reason to hide his records.
3) that kind of makes it worse, spending other peoples money to hide his record from them, you must agree.

Also, he made plenty of money from his book sales, more than sufficient to maintain a law license.

Do you support states changing their election laws to require long form birth certificates? Is not greater transparency and accountability better for democracy, or is that only for republicans?

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 3:49 PM

wow, this thread has gone full retard.

This issue will be the Achilles heel of any conservative challenge in 2012.

FYI…

The first black editor of the Harvard Law Review was Charles Houston in 1919. 1919, seriously. Obama was the first black president of the Law Review. A black female was an editor in 1982.

And for you supremacists in conservative clothing, giving true conservatism a bad name, don’t look up Houston’s bio, you’ll only froth from the mouth more.

ReaganRoxx on December 28, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Just curious, my profession requires all of the requirements you cite save one.

Del Dolemonte on December 28, 2010 at 1:31 AM

What’s your “profession?”

crr6 on December 28, 2010 at 1:39 AM

What’s yours?

Getting back to my original question, isn’t being required to join a professional association something that can compromise your objectivity? After all, the ABA is owned by the DNC.

Del Dolemonte on December 28, 2010 at 5:37 PM

BTW, today’s CSM has a hilarious propaganda piece about this issue. Dr. Goebbels would be proud of how it was constructed.

The trouble is, the facts are out there already, and they haven’t succeeded in quelling the certainty of those determined not to believe them. In addition to the “certificate of live birth” released by the Obama campaign when the rumors first started circulating – which groups like factcheck.org have concluded is authentic – there were two separate birth announcements in local papers at the time (Aug. 4, 1961).

LOL, first of all Amanda Paulson, who wrote this tripe, cites an outfit funded by the foundation that gave O’bama his first job, then concludes that simply because someone paid the Star-Bulletin and the Advertiser to print a tiny announcement, that is legal proof.

BTW, it’s interesting to note that the “address” given in those two announcements no longer exists.

Del Dolemonte on December 28, 2010 at 5:41 PM

This issue will be the Achilles heel of any conservative challenge in 2012.

ReaganRoxx on December 28, 2010 at 4:30 PM

How do you figure that?

Rebar on December 28, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Abercrombie looks enough like Ayres to be his older brother. Was Bill’s millionaire Pa hanging around Waikiki in the 30′s?

Mae on December 28, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Two people who “certified” Obama’s eligibility to serve as POTUS.

They are employees of FactCheck.org, an organization that bills itself as “non-partisan,” but is part of the Annenberg network of liberal-left causes and organizations — just like Bill Ayers’ Chicago Annenberg Challenge — Annenberg, and its causes, are way left of center.As the world now knows, FactCheck.org published a web page entitled, “Born in the U.S.A. — The truth about Obama’s birth certificate.” The entire webpage consists of ONE BIG LIE!

News2Use on December 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM

If you think this isn’t being coordinated with the White House, you are really naive. Even Chrissie is sending smoke signals. It’s going to be released soon.

faraway on December 28, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Did he really say, “an insult to his mother and father”? They both were insulting to begin with. His father was a polygamist and his mother left him to be raised by his grandmother. However, the good gov has now backed down and is keeping mum.

Wills on December 29, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Hillary has his records and he knows it. This is a preemptive trickle-out to dull the embarrassing revelations.

SurferDoc on December 29, 2010 at 9:48 AM

There is a crack in the dam if this man is honest.

One person should not be solely able to “verify” something the entire country has a right to know. In the very least, every state legislature should be able to see the original if they choose.

Obama brought this upon himself by being elected president. It is a requirement for the office.

scotash on December 29, 2010 at 12:05 PM

“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.”

-Mahatma Ghandi

I just remembered that quote, I believe we are now at the “then they fight you” part. One more to go.

scotash on December 29, 2010 at 12:19 PM

The Hawaiian governor is really starting to look a lot like a nutjob.

He’s even got tingles the clown asking for the long form now.

dogsoldier on December 29, 2010 at 1:43 PM

scotash on December 29, 2010 at 12:05 PM

It was required for Captain Amnesty, but not for Prince ODumbAss

dogsoldier on December 29, 2010 at 1:44 PM

“It’s an insult to his mother and to his father

It’s an insult to his alcoholic, commie, bigamist father and his slutty, wackjob child abandoning mother? Wow, that’s pretty bad.

peacenprosperity on December 29, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Personally, I think barry was likely born in hawaii. However I heard a very interesting theory on the radio this morning about why barry doesn’t want the long form out there. In 1960 barry’s white mother is brought to the hospital by her white parents with barry senior already on his way back to africa. It’s very possible barry is listed as caucasion on his birth certificate. I’ll speculate further, maybe barry’s mom was pissed off and said unknown when asked about the father. Besides, how come no one ever talks about barry sr. being a bigamist and therefore barry being illegitimite by all accounts

peacenprosperity on December 29, 2010 at 1:53 PM

One sloppy looking governor with greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes. I expect more of his brain matter as well. In Hawaii it appears everyone wears the same shirt. Jeebus!
What a disgrace this governor is!!!

Sherman1864 on December 29, 2010 at 6:22 PM

And I am not a birther but all of this talk makes me interested in seeing Bummer`s long form birth certificate too. Why not? And put this birther stuff to rest O bummer of mine! Guess that makes me a birther after all.

Sherman1864 on December 29, 2010 at 6:24 PM