New Hawaii governor: We’re going to put a stop to this Birther crap once and for all

posted at 5:09 pm on December 27, 2010 by Allahpundit

Exceptionally stupid. Although, if he’s intent on digging up background on The One, I wouldn’t mind seeing what he comes up with by way of transcripts from Columbia.

“It’s an insult to his mother and to his father, and I knew his mother and father; they were my friends, and I have an emotional interest in that,” Governor Abercrombie said in a telephone interview late Thursday. “It’s an emotional insult. It is disrespectful to the president; it is disrespectful to the office.”

The governor, a Democrat and former congressman, said he has initiated conversations with the state’s attorney general and the chief of its Health Department about how he can release more explicit documentation of Mr. Obama’s birth on Aug. 4, 1961, at Kapiolani Maternity and Gynecological Hospital. He said he has done so of his own accord, without consulting the White House, which declined to comment…

Mr. Abercrombie, 72, said that although he did not see the elder Obamas at the hospital with their newborn son, he did remember the couple bringing the baby to social events. He says the critics who suggest that Mr. Obama’s mother slipped off to Kenya to give birth are engaging in a “demonological fantasy.” And he is angry about legislation in several states that would require presidential candidates to document that they were born in this country. A similar bill died in Congress last year.

First, and apropos of nothing, my mind is blown by the fact that the governor of Hawaii remembers the president of the United States as an infant. But never mind that. Why is this tool dredging up an issue that, mercifully, had begun to go away? Hawaii’s records department received only 16 requests for Obama’s birth certificate in November, down from 50 or so a month last year. Higher courts have waved away multiple Birther petitions, and the court-martial of Lt. Col. Terry Lakin ended with him pleading guilty to failing to report for duty. This subject has no traction, in other words, either legally or in mainstream media, and thus had probably never been fringier when Abercrombie spoke up and decided to treat it as a problem that needs solving. Even his personal testimony about having seen Obama as a baby in Hawaii won’t count for anything among true believers, since he admits that he wasn’t at the hospital for the delivery — which is too bad, since it would have been fun to watch them come up with theories to explain even that inconvenient fact away. (It was a changeling!)

This guy’s now placed himself in the following position. Either he inadvertently revives the Birther movement by crusading for a new law to make long-form birth certificates public without the approval of the individuals to whom they belong or he decides nothing can be done legally and backs off, which will itself inflame Birthers by inspiring dark theories about pressure on him from the White House to quiet down. And of course, since Abercrombie’s a liberal Democrat, if he does somehow manage to produce the long-form certificate and it confirms that Obama’s birth happened as alleged, skeptics will dismiss it as a forgery planted by an ideological ally to throw Birthers off the scent of the “real” birth certificate. He can’t win here. Why would he even try?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Self-righteously outrageous outrage for the win!

Of course, Obama himself is not bound by any restrictions on releasing his birth certificate. But let’s gloss over that so we can fulminate about the evil Birthers and just how awful they are!

There Goes The Neighborhood on December 27, 2010 at 6:32 PM

BTW, I am sure that he was born in Hawaii.

I just think it has some embarrassing things on it, like his mom not naming his father or race etc.

barnone on December 27, 2010 at 6:29 PM

What’s that old song about geneaology… “I am my own grandpa”. Funny song, just don’t now who sang it.

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 6:22 PM

If you walked into my university with open transcripts in hand, you’d be shown the door. The second they touch your hands, they become unofficial.

I had access to my own transcripts and could print on official Registrar paper… but they would never be considered official because I touched them… no matter what they read.

mankai on December 27, 2010 at 6:33 PM

–FYI, Key West Reader.

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 6:22 PM

mankai on December 27, 2010 at 6:33 PM

I just looked. I do have a sealed copy of my U of Michigan law school transcript which I got from the registrar.

Perhaps it varies by school.

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 6:35 PM

To prove Juan Williams theory, all I want to see, side by side, are:

1. Barack Obama’s GPA, and
2. Sarah Palin’s GPA.

Schadenfreude on December 27, 2010 at 6:36 PM

I don’t know what you’ve been smoking, but I’ve asked for and received my transcripts at several schools and provided them to potential employers and the Michigan and Texas governments (for adminission to the bars there). The transcripts given to students are official transcripts.

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Not mine. Mine says “UNOFFICIAL” on the transcripts in red lettering. Official transcripts are not issued to students directly. Official transcripts – for grad school, employers, etc – are sealed with the college seal on the envelope.

I guess some schools value transcript integrity and some don’t

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 6:36 PM

You’re right. In several of the cases, I had the transcripts sent directly. But I also have a copy of my Law School transcript with a seal from the (I think) registrar.

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 6:31 PM

My transcripts have both the seal and the rubber stamp. But the fact that they have to stamp the copies they give to the student proves just how easily those transcripts can be abusively altered. See my cite to crr6 about the guy who altered his own transcripts.

Curious how crr6 didn’t want to “debate me” on that part of my post. Wonder why?

Del Dolemonte on December 27, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Right, so you think Harvard is lying and it’s all a big conspiracy. And presumably you’d say the same thing if a transcript were provided. Which is why debating with you is a waste of time.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 6:19 PM

What the hell kind of grades do you get starting sentences with ‘and’? However if Bury released the transcripts we could prove your ignorance in other ways.

darwin-t on December 27, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Juan Williams’ theory, possessive…

Schadenfreude on December 27, 2010 at 6:36 PM

He graduated magna cum laude. Magna cum laude goes to the top 10% of the class.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Assuming this, I just want to see his GPA, next to Sarah Palin’s.

Schadenfreude on December 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM

ou are a complete lynch mob moron and not worth the time of day. Go join the KKK.

Luka on December 27, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Why?
Because I’m proudly NOT a birther?
Newsflash: Most of my fellow conservatives are also NOT birthers.
I thank Col. Lakin for his service. It was obviously honorable until he went birther.

As for the KKK thing-unless they’ve started accepting Jewish converts to Catholicism…I’m kind of out-of-luck.
Now, run along.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM

What the F does that mean??

Tim Zank on December 27, 2010 at 6:32 PM

It means you put a random Exam ID number rather than your name on your exam when you turn it in to the proctor, so that professors don’t know whose exam they’re grading.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Thanks for that. It is a really funny song.

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM

If there is a reason his transcripts haven’t been released, I bet it’s the actual names of some of the courses he took, not his grades in those courses.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 5:27 PM

I hear he did great in that Saul Lewinski seminar in subverting Constitutional government through the wondrous and magical commerce clause.

Colbyjack on December 27, 2010 at 6:39 PM

darwin-t on December 27, 2010 at 6:36 PM

She also ends sentences with prepositions. But she’s well edumacated because she says she is well edumacated.

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Perhaps it varies by school.

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Sure, they’ll send sealed, official copies wherever you want… but if you break the seal, it doesn’t matter if they read UTTERLY AND ABSOLUTELY OFFICIAL at the top… once you touch them, they become unofficial and tainted.

And, again, even if they remain sealed, some places will still not accept them if you hand-deliver them as there would exist a possibility of tampering. That policy might vary by school, but that doesn’t involve the student seeing them.

mankai on December 27, 2010 at 6:40 PM

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM

You’re cute when you’re angry and naive,

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 6:40 PM

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Crr6 is a she?

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 6:40 PM

The new Governor of Hawaii, Neil Abercrombie, is a very liberal-socialist oriented Democrat. He was a U.S. Congressman for many years. He will comtinue to obfuscate and reveal only the dummied up “crap” released so far.

tomshup on December 27, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Somehow I can picture Governor Abercrombie passing around the jelly jar of whiskey and some joints over at Uncle Frank’s house.

OxyCon on December 27, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Del Dolemonte on December 27, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Confirmation bias – crr6 is an avid adherent to it, when it favors her. She referenced it in the HA headlines, jobs being created in droves under Obama…earlier today.

Schadenfreude on December 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM

You’re cute when you’re angry and naive,

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Did your law school grade exams differently? Which law school did you attend?

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Now, run along.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Actually, since there is no official KKK but rather multiple groups using the same name, they might. One of the largest (if not the largest) openly recruits Catholics on their web site.

mankai on December 27, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Here’s an alternative view on this. Abercrombie opens up a can of worms that was basically an issue that was considered resolved. Gas goes to $4.00 per gallon, EPA regulates CO2 and our electric bills skyrocket. Unemployment remains unchanged and Obama hits the campaign trail for the whole of 2011.

How many Americans would give anything to get him out of office? Including clamoring for more records on who this person really is?

/Just dreaming, I suppose

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 6:40 PM

That’s what I’ve always thought. Is I wrong?

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Which law school did you attend?

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Good question: Which law school did you attend?

Colbyjack on December 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM

The meme about his birth shadows the rest of what he’s lying about. Birthers should give up on the birth place and etc. and focus on the other items: grades, transcripts, what he wrote about in his colleges, passport, travels and etc.

Schadenfreude on December 27, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Those who brush off a clear requirement of the Constitution by trying to denigrate with mere name-calling those who call for satisfaction of that requirement are either tools of seditionists or persons who genuinely don’t believe in the rule of law, but prefer a cult of personality presidency. No doubt, the latter is now the majority view in our sadly under-educated and overly entertained culture. Still, the law is the law and the Constitutional requirements for the office of POTUS remain in bold black letters. Call all the names you want. Maybe the horse is out of the barn on this occasion. Maybe <0 will never give up what every citizen who fills out an I9 or applies for a minimal government or professional job discloses (including a real, certified copy of one's birth certificate and their real, certified transcripts). However, in the next election, I'll certainly be expecting my state elected officials (the ones who determine which candidates qualify to be on the ballot) to do their forkin' jobs and get that information or remove the name of any non-qualifying candidate. This is not a theory, a derangement, or an ideology. It is not even politics. It is law.

Ay Uaxe on December 27, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Good question: Which law school did you attend?

Colbyjack on December 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM

I’m currently attending one of these. What about you, angryed? I’ve yet to hear of a law school that doesn’t grad exams anonymously, so I’m eager to hear about your experience.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Gasoline is only going up because Bush and his oil buddies are conspiring to gouge the working man! Everyone knows the price can’t go up unless the President is in cahoots with Big Oil.

/2008

mankai on December 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 6:40 PM
That’s what I’ve always thought. Is I wrong?

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 6:43 PM

She might deny it today, and even make you prove it, knowing that you can’t, though she didn’t many times before. Her gender is not her problem.

Schadenfreude on December 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Which law school did you attend?

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Correction: Which law school do you pretend to attend?

Colbyjack on December 27, 2010 at 6:47 PM

mankai on December 27, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Trust me-I’m not their type.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 27, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Which law school did you attend?

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Good question: Which law school did you attend?

Colbyjack on December 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM

How dare you ask that? Don’t you know that holding liberals to the same standards as conservatives is racist?

malclave on December 27, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Those who brush off a clear requirement of the Constitution
Ay Uaxe on December 27, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Hasn’t he satisfied the requirement by providing his COLB? If not, why not?

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 6:47 PM

That’s what I’ve always thought. Is I wrong?

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 6:43 PM

I don’t be knowin if you be wrong, but I knows you be mean to Crr6.

/I think it’s Barky on the Blog

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 6:48 PM

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Oh, Lord, please let it not be Duke… I’d hate to think you’re in NC.

mankai on December 27, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Schadenfreude on December 27, 2010 at 6:45 PM

That I DO agree with.
I’m a Chicagoan. We know that Obama is a phony.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 27, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Did your law school grade exams differently? Which law school did you attend?

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Really, cute, really angry.

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 6:50 PM

mankai on December 27, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Trust me-I’m not their type.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 27, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Oh, for sure! Sorry to imply otherwise!

mankai on December 27, 2010 at 6:51 PM

For a multitude of reasons the Medias Jesus does not represent the America of tradition……and respect for it’s history!
He and his ruling class buddies are just one big excuse from throwing the veneer of Constitutional freedom away……..THAT concerns me more than where he was born. Though I believe it was Bethlehem. :-)

PappyD61 on December 27, 2010 at 6:52 PM

I’m currently attending one of these.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM

You know, it may lend a bit more credibility to your ‘Legend’ if you could use better sources.

Or are you going to stand up in Moot Court and reference the Wikipedia?

Colbyjack on December 27, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Since he was a friend of the family, apparently, and the long-form birth certificate could be released if Obama gave permission, why not just call Obama and ask him to release it? The only one this makes look bad is Obama.

Y-not on December 27, 2010 at 6:55 PM

I would be extremely surprised if he wasn’t born in Hawaii; I would not be surprised if there was some information that is potentially damaging to Obama. And as noted by others, it would also set a precedent for releasing other personal info.

exhelodrvr on December 27, 2010 at 5:51 PM

That’s my bet too. Seems like almost a no-brainer, no?

petefrt on December 27, 2010 at 6:56 PM

I’m currently attending one of these.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Well if that’s the case, then take a look at me! I’m interviewing a player of sports.

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Oh, Lord, please let it not be Duke… I’d hate to think you’re in NC.

mankai on December 27, 2010 at 6:48 PM

A perfect fit for Durham, though. Duke Central?

rogerb on December 27, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Crr6 is a she?

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Whole lotta she….

BigWyo on December 27, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Perhaps it varies by school.

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Nope, sealed or not, they do not count as official transcripts because they were in your possession. To be counted as “official” any transcript(s) must go directly from the school via mail or FEDEX, etc. to the official who needs them. Once they are in your hands they no longer can be counted as official.

Johnnyreb on December 27, 2010 at 7:01 PM

rogerb on December 27, 2010 at 6:58 PM

A little too close to Greensboro either way… although I wouldn’t put it past her to be at Central with library privileges at Duke,,, which is morphed into “attending” Duke.

;)

mankai on December 27, 2010 at 7:03 PM

crr6,

I’ve told you before, I went to business school. It’s one of these.

My point that I thought you’d get after the 15th time is that a black editor – scract that, the FIRST BLACK EDITOR of the Harvard Law Review is going to get good grades, anonymous or non-anonymous grading. If you are so naive as to think that a guy named Barrack who is THE FIRST BLACK EDITOR isn’t going to get preferential treatment, you’re more delusional than I thought.

I thought of law school, but figured the money would be better via bidness skool. Maybe I missed out. I would have had the pleasure of hanging out with you and Jimbo. Darn.

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 7:03 PM

So if I read the anti-birthers, anti-transcripters right, we are not to be curious as to why a person hides stuff when he has nothing to hide, especially when it is a requirement to be POTUS or proves his lifes’ stories as to his brilliance, his achievements, his lifes’ studies and work?

Then I guess we can believe OBlahBLah when the Pinnochio Presidente says all major bills will be negotiated on Cspan, will be available on the internet for all to read 5 days before signing, he will close GITMO, end the war in Iraq, raise taxes on the wealthy, our premiums will go down 3000%, death panels will not be included in healthcare!

This most fantastic of Liars has nothing to hide so we are to believe him!

I am beginning to wonder if the one term failure is an evil Bush, CIA plant to continue the Bush policies and to destroy the Demrat Party in the process. He is doing a fairly good job at that at least!

Anyone who DOES NOT question everything this Urkel says and does is either an abject fool or a Pesstitute down on their knees for the Chitown Jesus!

dhunter on December 27, 2010 at 7:03 PM

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM
Oh, Lord, please let it not be Duke… I’d hate to think you’re in NC.

mankai on December 27, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I thought crr6 was in NYC, so (if I’m right) that makes it Columbia or NYC.

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Johnnyreb on December 27, 2010 at 7:01 PM

You are correct and every reputable program (academic or otherwise) would only accept them as official only if coming directly from the Registrar (as we did)… but there are many smaller schools, some community colleges and small businesses that will take them as “official” in a sealed envelope.

mankai on December 27, 2010 at 7:06 PM

I love this if only because it once again sends Allahpundit off on a foaming rage against “birthers” and gives him a new personal best for attacks on conservatives in a given month.

Jaibones on December 27, 2010 at 7:07 PM

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Wow, a supposed law student who links to Wiki, does anyone wonder why I am not impressed.

Johnnyreb on December 27, 2010 at 7:07 PM

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 7:03 PM

I went to one of those business schools for a MBA as well (but on a part time basis at night).

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Abercrombie just wants to make Republicans look bad. He knows that the paranoid nut cases in the party won’t be impressed by the Birth Certificate and will claim it is a forgery. All this helps the Democrats immensely. The Republican Party would be better if the nut cases just disappeared. They do tremendous damage to efforts to influence people to center-right beliefs.

thuja on December 27, 2010 at 7:09 PM

It’s no mystery, AP paid the guy $20 so we could get the comment count up during the holidays.

Merovign on December 27, 2010 at 7:10 PM

We’re not birthers, we are just Proponents of Disclosure.

/No acronyms, please.

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 7:07 PM

When?

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 7:12 PM

thuja on December 27, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I don’t think we’ll be asking for his COLB since we’ve seen it and it’s supposed to pass as authentic. That case was closed many moons ago.

Abercrombie is going to encourage us to seek his college applications, financing information and actual transcripts from the institutions he claims to have attended. If he keeps those sealed? It’s not the Republicans that have a problem. It’s Obama.

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 7:07 PM
When?

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 7:12 PM

In the 80s. A long time ago…

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 7:14 PM

We’re not birthers, we are just Proponents of Disclosure.

/No acronyms, please.

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 7:11 PM

We just think the most transparent administration should be transparent about something other than the fact that they lie shamelessly, cover up as much as possible and pass by subterfuge that which they could not otherwise!

DEATH PANELS!

dhunter on December 27, 2010 at 7:14 PM

thuja on December 27, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I’ve long thought that the Republicans should come out with a public statement declaring Obama the undisputed winner, acknowledging his citizenship, and formally distancing themselves from anyone who says differently. It would really help isolate some of the fruitcakes.

Dark-Star on December 27, 2010 at 7:15 PM

snortworthy threadwinner from cr666

Obviously his grades at CU were stellar (he got into HLS), but my guess is that he took an elective or two as an undergrad with an embarrassing title (like Critical Race Theory or Marxist Themes in Classical Literature) and he knows you guys would demagogue the sh*t out of that if it were released.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 5:27 PM

And my guess is, he took Marxist Themes in Lesbian Literature and bombed. And got into HLS for reasons other than grades.

james23 on December 27, 2010 at 7:16 PM

You have to wonder why all of a sudden the “birther” issue is thrust back into the news, and especially by a liberal? What’s going on in the background that this “news” is overshadowing?

tpitman on December 27, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Dark-Star on December 27, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Thats just plain idiotic, so that the presstitutes could then disqualify as unserious anyone who ever dared question OBlahBLahs birhtplace or ask for his transcripts?

I think the Repubs had better isolate the global baloney, wealth redisributive, race card playin, capitalism destroying commies who inhabit the Demrat Party

dhunter on December 27, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Question with boldness. Trying to paint folks with the “birther” lable is beyond ignorant. Any employer asks for transcripts and birth certificate. I have applied for too many jobs in my lifetime to not know this is true. When applying for the top job in the USofA we as the employer should have checked this off immediately. It wasn’t done and we accepted a Marxist as our President. Now it turns out that the entire Democrat Party is filled to the brim with Marxists and liars.
We already appear to be stupid and ignorant because we allowed it to happen. Our courts are allowing it to perpetuate itself. We have a much work to do to save ourselves and our nation.

BetseyRoss on December 27, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Jaibones on December 27, 2010 at 7:07 PM

only thing he likes better than a birfer thread is a Conservatives for Dope thread and/or a gays in the Marines thread.

james23 on December 27, 2010 at 7:20 PM

What’s going on in the background that this “news” is overshadowing?

tpitman on December 27, 2010 at 7:16 PM

good question. Either it’s a stupid move by a jackass that does nothing for this new governor—-OR—-it’s a calculated move by the administration (who happens to be in HI right about now) to cover something else with this news. And what better way to make obama look like the most reasonable guy in the room than to manufacture news through one of his homies (literally, pun intended).

ted c on December 27, 2010 at 7:22 PM

In the 80s. A long time ago…

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I was there in the 90s which sadly also feels like a long time ago. Ugh I’m getting old.

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 7:23 PM

let it be known that a flaming Marxist liberal set off this nonsense in response to nothing news (1-2 dudes submitting requests…big whoop).

ted c on December 27, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I thought crr6 was in NYC, so (if I’m right) that makes it Columbia or NYU.

Jimbo3 on December 27, 2010 at 7:05 PM

CUNY, Fordham, Pace, Brooklyn, Cardozo or, more likely, an online school.

james23 on December 27, 2010 at 7:25 PM

And why is that, Governor? There are but three Constitutional qualifiers for president and the birth certificate ascertains two of them. Why shouldn’t all aspirants to the office be required to produce that document?

SukieTawdry on December 27, 2010 at 7:25 PM

It’s funny how crr won’t ever specify which t14 it attends. You know, because then someone could actually call him out on it.

Good Solid B-Plus on December 27, 2010 at 7:26 PM

ted c on December 27, 2010 at 7:23 PM

They’re not that smart, Ted. Someone on here said they’re trying to make the Republicans look bad by digging up bones, when in fact it will only raise the public’s suspicions about who this man is and where he came from.

He’ll never get the Indie base back. All he has now are the lib’s and younguns, and the young are also abandoning him because their parents are now taking menial jobs that they once held and they’re living in basements.

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 7:27 PM

james23 on December 27, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Or a Palin thread… or Meghan McCain… or cats… or iPads… or superhero movies based on superheroes he hasn’t heard of (i.e., those that don’t already have big movies)…

malclave on December 27, 2010 at 7:27 PM

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 5:27 PM

The guy was a coke head and hung around with Marxist professors and radicals … by his own admission. I’d say his radical contacts are what got him into HLS, not his *stellar* grades that no one has seen.

darwin on December 27, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Just because a person is President of the United States doesn’t mean you get to know his grade in his freshman biology class. For that matter, I don’t care to know the time and date of Obama’s first orgasm through masturbation nor whether he likes brown rice more than white rice. To care about such things is to commit the sin of gossip.

thuja on December 27, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on December 27, 2010 at 7:26 PM

She goes to Yavarduke.

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 7:31 PM

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 5:27 PM

While we don’t know his GPA, we do know that he graduated from Columbia without any kind of honors which means his grades were not “stellar” nor would they have been good enough for HLS. Obviously he was admitted to HLS under other criteria. I can’t imagine what, can you??

SukieTawdry on December 27, 2010 at 7:32 PM

To care about such things is to commit the sin of gossip.

thuja on December 27, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I’m sure Andrew Sullivan wants to see paternity testing results for Malia and Sasha, though.

malclave on December 27, 2010 at 7:33 PM

SukieTawdry on December 27, 2010 at 7:32 PM

No. Transfer students aren’t eligible for latin honors. So even if he received a 4.0, he wouldn’t have graduated w/honors.

HTH.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 7:34 PM

To care about such things is to commit the sin of gossip.

thuja on December 27, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Awwe, look. I struck a nerve. Let me strike it again for you:

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 7:35 PM

The only person that could put this to bed, is the won himself. His birth place is the least of our worries. I want to see the thesis he is spending millions to hide. He was practicing some anti American protesting back in the day, I would stake my life on it, he wouldn’t want that to get out. ( not that it matters anymore with the media today). He has a lot in common with Bill Ayers. Then there are the failed grades at Harvard.

shar61 on December 27, 2010 at 7:44 PM

The MSM and the left, but there I go repeating myself, demanded proof that Trig was Sarah’s kid. But asking for proof that Obama is a natural born citizen…..that’s KKKAZY talk.

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 7:45 PM

The whole issue has been won by the “birthers” already.

Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Arizona, will require all presidential candidates to produce actual evidence they are constitutionally eligible for the office – ie a long form birth certificate.

0bama will have to produce same, forfeit 85 electoral votes, or simply not run.

I’m guessing he won’t run, rather than produce it.

Rebar on December 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Darn, even chrissy tingles is asking for it now!

lukespapa on December 27, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Rebar on December 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I wouldn’t count on that. Georgia put into law a requirement that photo ID be shown on election day. That was struck down by the DOJ. Same will be the case with these laws. Since as we all know requiring a president to show his birth certificate is racist (and homophobic, sexist, ageist and whatever the name is for being anti-left handed people).

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Why would he even try?

Another theory, expanding Hawai’i's Vexatious Requester law.
Hawai’i has no Fiscal Note on any of the bills the legislature passes. Requesting such information could be used to refuse fiscal accountability.

Kini on December 27, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Darn, even chrissy tingles is asking for it now!

lukespapa on December 27, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Wow.

Key West Reader on December 27, 2010 at 7:56 PM

whatever the name is for being anti-left handed people.

angryed on December 27, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Sinistrophobia.

It would take the Supreme Court to strike down a states electorial requirements to obtain ballot access, the only case 0bama might have would be laughably weak.

Rebar on December 27, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Because maybe the Obama birth certificate law was passed in Hawaii? The movement have not been slow down. If it were this guy wouldn’t make these kind of statements.

jdun on December 27, 2010 at 8:00 PM

I can understand why the left believes Obama’s assertions that he is a natural born citizen.

What I do not understand is why people that don’t believe a single word that comes out of his pie hole, believe THIS? What, he lies all of the time except this once?

Maybe we should check Obama’s daddy’s FBI files to see if the new governor’s name shows up. I read them online a while back. Pretty boring, actually, all about him editing some little Commie newspaper. The FBI kept track of him for years.

darwin-t on December 27, 2010 at 8:01 PM

He graduated in the top 10% of his class at HLS. It’d be odd if he aced law school (which has a tight curve and anonymous grading) but struggled at the grade-inflation-fest that is CU.

crr6 on December 27, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Obama was a notorious suck-up at HLS (in fact, his fellow students created a suck-up meter in his honor). And do you honestly think the HLS professoriate would allow the first African-American president of their Law Review to graduate without Latin honors?

SukieTawdry on December 27, 2010 at 8:02 PM

The whole issue has been won by the “birthers” already.

0bama will have to produce same, forfeit 85 electoral votes, or simply not run.

I’m guessing he won’t run, rather than produce it.

Rebar on December 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I actually looking forward to 2012 because of the birth certificate laws in those states. I which more states would do the same.

jdun on December 27, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I’d like to know why no Obama “girlfriends” have popped out of the woodwork. How long did it take for Tiger Woods girls to reveal themselves? Not one woman is trying to boost their career by claiming to be the last one before Michelle?

ctmom on December 27, 2010 at 8:04 PM

jdun on December 27, 2010 at 8:02 PM

With the big wave of states that will be run by the GOP soon, it wouldn’t suprise me in the least if more states jumped on board.

Rebar on December 27, 2010 at 8:05 PM

ctmom on December 27, 2010 at 8:04 PM

What makes you assume that it was a woman?

darwin-t on December 27, 2010 at 8:07 PM