Rumor of the day: TLC trying to sign Palin for another season of Alaska show

posted at 7:12 pm on December 21, 2010 by Allahpundit

But … doesn’t she have something else she’s supposed to do next year? Or is the plan to somehow squeeze the tapings in between primaries?

You know, a documentary series following her around on the trail would be fantastic TV and, a la “Going Rogue,” would be a blockbuster thanks to interest from political junkies. Imagine what she could ask for a show like that. Why, she could move the whole family into Rush’s old penthouse on Fifth Avenue.

“3.066 million people turned in last week to see her episode with Kate Gosselin,” a TLC insider tells me. “That is more people than are watching Bravo’s ‘Housewives’ series or most other cable shows. For sure the network is doing everything it possibly can to convince Sarah to do another season, but at the end of the day it looks like it will all come down to money.”

Sarah, who is reportedly making more than $250,000 per episode for the eight-week series, is no fool — when the show debuted to over 4.96 million viewers, insiders tell me she started talking about a new deal right away.

“Sarah knows to strike when the iron is hot and started talking about season two right after the show debuted to huge numbers,” a friend of Palin tells me. “She knows that celebrities get millions of dollar for each episode of their shows and thinks she’s worth it too. Jennifer Aniston took home millions from ‘Friends’ and in Sarah’s eyes, she’s no different.”

Yeah, really? A “friend” of Palin’s told this guy that she sees herself as no different from Jennifer Aniston? The name of that “friend” doesn’t happen to rhyme with “Peev-eye Bonnston,” does it?

Actually, this is a fun peg for slightly more serious speculation about Huckabee’s ambitions next year, or lack thereof. Not one but two NRO fixtures have hinted in the past few days that they think he’ll pass on running again and stick with his show. Jim Geraghty shared some small talk with Huck in the Fox green room and got the sense that he’s having too much fun with it to give it up, and Jonah Goldberg is hearing whispers that Fox might be about to sign him to a big new contract. So here’s a (far-fetched) possibility: What if he and Palin both decide not to run? Let’s say unemployment starts to tick downward in the first half of next year and Obama’s approval rating begins to climb, dimming the GOP’s chances in 2012. If both of them decide to pass, who becomes the social conservative favorite? Gingrich has been pandering to religious voters for years now so presumably he’d get a big boost, and no doubt Pawlenty would suddenly become a lot more vocal about his faith. Pence would benefit too if he runs, but I think he might end up shooting for governor instead. Who else would suddenly spring into contention?

Via RCP, here’s the latest viral clip from Palin’s show. It’s officially international news, of course.

Update: Palin aide Rebecca Mansour says never believe Popeater.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

OK, just read through a few more, and I see that you did tell Jen she’d crossed a line with toliver, but in that very same comment you throw out some insults yourself. I’m not sure why you think it was OK for you to do that but not OK for others to do so.

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 4:36 PM

A Point of Clarification: Those who like Palin are not doing so based purely on emotion, they have examined her record closely, weighed the facts and done the research and found her to be highly satisfactory. The emotionalism comes in with those who, claiming to be rock-ribbed conservatives, even Reaganites, and having knowledge of Palin’s record, still don’t like her. There must be something not intellectually based in their decision to dislike her, but emotionally based, and therefore unreachable to change by the mere recitation of Palin’s stellar record/performance.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 1:38 AM

That’s convenient. If you like her, then you’ve clearly studied her and know exactly how awesome she is, but if you don’t like her, then you’re clearly ignorant.

This is why these “debates” are so stupid. So many of you will not except any criticism whatsoever and just dismiss us all out of hand because we don’t agree with you. Yes, the same is true of the true Palin haters, but most of these discussions don’t involve them. They tend to involve former supporters who no longer like her as a candidate for president. The actual trolls don’t stick around to argue. They’re drive by posters.

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 4:45 PM

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 1:38 AM

The continued comparison of Sara Palin to Ronald Reagan are not good arguments for your team.

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Who said I wanted to be part of the solution?(emphasis mine) So long as Jen is here shooting off at the hip, calling every comment I make at her a personal insult, I’m under no delusion that it’s possible or even desirable. (emphasis mine)

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Nice to know which part of the problem/solution equation you have chosen.

I haven’t read every comment in every thread, but I don’t recall you making these same comments to Jen in response to her gratuitous insults, including the ones where she rails on a bereaved commenter even insulting his mental health.

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Try here:

Jenfidel on December 22, 2010 at 2:00 AM

That was mean of you to throw the bereavement group thing in toliver’s face

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 2:15 AM

This constant threadjacking by the gang, as they INITIATE fights, needle, insult and drag past comments, true and false, accross space and time into threads that are completly different; who act like a bunch of rotted Jacob Marley’s with PMS, dragging their chains and rattling them so loudly that everyone else can just go to H#ll while they take their “justified” revenge, is going to end, one way or the other. As you say, you don’t want to be part of the solution, so jump in the car with the rest of the gang, there’s room in the back seat; kuncklehead’s taking you all over the cliff and she has your chains ready to be locked on.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Knuck: I think she’s a good woman but I too am tiring of the Reagan comparisons.
The way some people speak of the Gov. you’d think she’s right up there with the Trinty and the Blessed Mother.
From what I’ve seen of Gov. Palin , I think she’d be…aghast…at the conduct/ how she is being portrayed by her most ardent supporters.

Btw: Tigerlily, I’m only writing this comment because I’m the silly little beta friend of Knuck and only exist to do her bidding.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 4:53 PM

You’re entitled to that opinion. You should reinforce your argument with cogent reasons, which will also most likely be personal opinion, to which you are, as I say, entitled.
I was not aware that I was playing on a team, in fact, I’m sure that I haven’t joined a team, unless you think you know more about that than I would.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 5:08 PM

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Your condescending attitude is getting really old.

Knuck isn’t taking us ANYWHERE!

I’ve known her for maybe a year-but I’ve had strong conservative opinions for many years.
While our views may dove tail quite a bit the views I express here and elsewhere are my own…ONLY MY OWN!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Nice to know which part of the problem/solution equation you have chosen.

I don’t believe we’re on different sides of that equation.

Try here:

I’d suggest that you try here: Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 4:36 PM

It’s nice to see that you recognize that comment as beyond the pale, but what of all the others? Yes, that one was especially nasty and vile, but it was far from the only insult in the thread. I would also include yours, or is Ex-Lax Gang supposed to be a compliment?

as they INITIATE fights

Haven’t read this entire thread, so I can’t say who started what here, but I know this to be a complete mistruth on other threads. As I said earlier, I’ve started many times trying to be polite and still get insulted, told I can’t read, that I’m stupid, a liberal Obama supporter who needs knee pads (your friend Jen was real proud of that one) and worse. It’s just blatantly false that the Palin super supporters are always the ones just defending themselves. They initiate with the worst of us. There’s a reason these threads devolve this way. HA people weren’t all born yesterday and can remember back to the last thread.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Trust me, tiger, if Knucklehead is taking us somewhere Jen has already been there and came back to tell us all about it. That you align yourself with her by insulting Knucklehead and those who agree with her, gives you no moral high ground here. You are not above the fray. You’re right here in it with everyone else.

As I said earlier, I’d be in favor of a solution if it were possible. It’s not. Being nice, doesn’t work. Disagreeing without insults, doesn’t work.

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 5:17 PM

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Everyone else here is saying the same even though you pretend we’re all on Knucklehead’s team. I don’t understand why you fail to recognize that you are doing exactly what you accuse others of doing.

I don’t have a problem with the name-calling really. It’s part of this, and people move on and get over it. But to insult others and then lecture them on civility… seriously?

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 5:19 PM

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Ronald Reagan served two full terms as Governor of the State of California, the 8th largest economy in the world. Sara Palin quit after only 2 years in one of our smallest states population wise with no blighted inner cities, crumbling infrastructures, illegal alien problems.

Ronald Reagan traveled many years in search of his principals and values and was way more articulate in speaking of ideas. Sara Palin couldn’t even name a SCOTUS decision that she disagreed with.

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 4:45 PM

You are completely free to support Palin and completely free not to. I am totally disinterested in convincing you or anyone else who does not like her to change your minds.

I think she has what it takes in spades, at this point, and you don’t. THAT’S FINE. That’s why we live in America. You can do your own homework, make up your own mind, speak good or ill of her, find another candidate to support, or not, and live with whatever kind of country you want to help bring about, hopefully being aware of the serious signs of the times and acting/judging/deciding accordingly.

otoh, if I think there is an emotional component to the inexplicable dislike of self-proclaimed rock-ribbed conservatives for Palin, which they may not even be aware of themselves, why should you shoot me down for my opinion? Like your opinion, I have a right to it and it is what it is. Some may read that opinion and take it as food for thought. Others, like you, may disagree completely and never consider it at all. Either response is fine with me because I am here to express my views, not change anyone else’s through anything more than just that, expressing my views, not endless quarreling.

One other thing: Painting with a broad brush and lumping individuals together who have not voluntarily and publically joined together, can be very imprecise and sloppy. I would appreciate you finding posts that I wrote re: Palin that support your statement:“So many of you will not except any criticism whatsoever and just dismiss us all out of hand because we don’t agree with you.”
It’s gonna be a little tough for you, I may as well let you know, because I have made up my mind about her; she and her record convinced me, and only she and her record going forward could dissuade me, and I don’t have the slightest inclination, as I said, in convincing others through these ridiculous fights that I see taking place. Criticize her all you want, if that what you want to do.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Welcome to the ‘Dark-Side’ Esthier.
We don’t have cookies, but we do have chocolate.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2010 at 5:39 PM

We don’t have cookies, but we do have chocolate.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2010 at 5:39 PM

That’s far superior.

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 5:43 PM

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Channeling Barack Obama now?

Delusional, get some help and don’t forget to report me to Ed and AP.

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 5:45 PM

I never got the impression that you think differently. Though the suggestion that all of us who don’t support her presidential bid are simply ignorant and basing our opinion on emotion is, at the very least, insulting and not a good starting point for a civil debate.

I’m not shooting you down for it. I’m calling it what it is, an insult that shuts down debate on Palin and makes giving my opinion to you completely pointless. You’ve already written me off as having an emotional issue with her, so why should I bother responding as though this can ever be a civil and reasoned debate? Make sense?

One other thing: Painting with a broad brush and lumping individuals together who have not voluntarily and publicly joined together, can be very imprecise and sloppy.

That’s what you’re doing by making up some sort of gang with Knucklehead as the leader. I consider Knucklehead a friend from other threads, but I haven’t joined with her anymore than you’ve joined with Jen and unseen. I don’t understand why this is something you don’t seem to understand.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 5:37 PM

The very last thing I want to do is convince you that you are wrong about Palin. Believe it or not, I do still very much like her and hope she has support if she runs even though I don’t personally want her to run.

But that doesn’t mean I’m OK with the comments that go on in here about people who happen to disagree with you or with the lies that some Palin super supporters tell about her and about others here. I’m not talking about you, and as you can see, I didn’t come into this thread talking to you. I don’t actually have a problem with your comments. You can be insulting, but I don’t feel you’ve crossed a line. The only reason I point out your comments is because you’re pointing out mine. I don’t see that our insults are all that different.

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 5:55 PM

and don’t forget to report me to Ed and AP.

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Did she threaten that?

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 5:58 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Should we talk condescension now, altwerp? Lets do.

For example: If some people, in your interpretation; your opinion, or even if in actual fact, speak of Palin in terms that you find “over the top”, shall we say, what gives you the right to tear them down and insult them for it? Who died and left you boss? Do you just like to fight?
Do you like to bully? Do you have to be negative and rain on their parade? Do you have to make others miserable, not only those you directly insult but those who have to read your insults, and take the joy out of their expressing affection? (For a politican??? How dare they! Right?)

I have seen a few comments about her that I think might be a little “glowing”, so to speak, but not often and even so, I would never have the gall and crappy manners to insult them for it because I have made myself judge and jury of how they can feel about Palin and how I will allow them to express those feelings. You are way out of line and I’m sure you’ll have an argument and reasons to justify this too. God forbid you should apologize. You and yours are never wrong. Spitfires, my eye! More like little black clouds.

///

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Recoginizing a problem is the first step to solving it. ;)

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Yes. She’s threatened to report me, Knuck, anXdem,Aslan’s Girl, Dire Straits, GoHawgs, Buy Danish…
Did I forget anyone, Knuck?
She also said that she had thought that I was a leader but that it was obvious that I was nothing more that a beta female to Knuck’s alpha. Yeah-she called ME a beta female. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2010 at 6:06 PM

We don’t have cookies, but we do have chocolate.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2010 at 5:39 PM
That’s far superior.

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 5:43 PM

You forgot to tell her it was chocolate Ex-Lax.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 6:07 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2010 at 6:06 PM

That’s messed up.

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 6:07 PM

You forgot to tell her it was chocolate Ex-Lax.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Tiger, you don’t know my dietary needs.

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I’m headed of to the Parish for our final choir rehearsal for Midnight mass.

I’ll say a short prayer for TL.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Did she threaten that?

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Why yes she did.

Keep it up. I have been saving all of this dreck and will not hesitate to bring it to the attention of our hosts if all of this thread hijacking crap doesn’t stop. The rest of us don’t come here to be “entertained” by your ugly communications.

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 2:54 AM

Take a look at this thread. Preacher Lily is all over it, lots of tasty nuggets starting right here.

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 5:33 PM

So you are saying that all you know of Palin’s record is a two year old Couric interview with that question re: the Scotus decisions and that she was a two year gov?

You see, I know Reagan’s record; the accomplishments you listed and then some. I also know Palin’s record and her very impressive list of accomplishments.

Either you list Palin’s record of accomplishments and then tell us what is wrong with them or you admit that you don’t know her record, and you have made your decision to dislike her based on being uninformed.

And that’s OK, it’s your right to remained uniformed or unwilling to discuss Palins actual record, if you know it.
It’s your right to never support her and to campaign against her if you want. It’s all good. I know where you’re coming from and vice versa. No need to beat a dead horse.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 6:19 PM

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 6:19 PM

She quit, that’s quite enough of a record for me and the rest of the Independents and Conservatives that I know. I supported her 100% until that day.

You may not want to hear it, but it’s the truth, regardless of the lame spin and reasoning you’ve convinced yourself that it was OK.

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 5:17 PM

I think you said earlier that you didn’t want to be part of the solution. If you change your mind, fine. As far as you not reading the whole thread, go to the Herman Cain thread and start from page one from a few nights ago. The gang started and wouldn’t quit until I was ready to throw up. And they have done this several times over the past few weeks and it has really escalated. The thing everyone misses here is that two wrongs don’t make a right. There is no justification for this miserable mobbing. It’s making it impossible to log on, read, learn, enjoy or anything but be miserable right along with them. Talk about hostage taking.
You said something about not minding the name calling here. I think it stinks. btw, Ex-Lax gang is not name calling, it is an imaginitive and imo, apropos adjective that I think well describes what is going on around here.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 6:30 PM

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 6:30 PM

*facepalm*..

Dire Straits on December 22, 2010 at 6:35 PM

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 6:30 PM

You are a hypocrite of major proportions.

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 6:28 PM

If you are in possession of all of the facts; (btw, the quitter meme doesn’t absolve you from listing her record of conservative accomplishments to show that you are making an informed decision when you dismiss her, otherwise people might conlude that there is some emotional reason. That’s ok, btw, all of us make decisions with our emotions, some of us give more weight to them than others, though.); if you realize that had she remained in office her reputation would have been destroyed; her family liable for mulit-millions in litigation fees; her conservative agenda stonewalled; her ability to go on a mission against obama and the Left and the November victories she had much to do with would never have happened; that Alaska was being wrung for millions as well; her ability to raise money through a book tour was legally blocked while she was governor; and that her Lt. Gov. was more than ready and willing to complete her already highly successful agenda for the state, then I don’t understand your decision making process in the least.

If you have ever been unjustly, or even justly taken to court ONE TIME, you know the strain of paying for it and the meatgrinder it puts you through.

Try multiplying that endlessly. How would you like to be personally and groundlessly sued, not once, twice, three or even ten times, but fourteen times and counting. You would probably have resigned long before it hit ten lawsuits, imo. How would you like to be on the line for MILLIONS because barack obama had sent his ghouls out to break you. There was no other way to survive, but to resign. And not only survive, but thrive. It was a decision of wisdom and foresight and it helped, not hurt, her state in the bargain.

If she had stayed tied to her desk in Alaska for the term, and emerged with her reputation shattered and family in financial ruins, would you be among those who said, “See, what an idiot, she stayed there like a sitting duck and let them ruin her. Why didn’t she resign so they couldn’t destroy her? It just proves she’s not too bright.” Answer honestly, please, if you wish. If not, that’s ok, too. One last honest question, would you allow obama to ruin you, or would you have done the only thing left to you to save yourself, your family and your state, that is, resign?

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I think you said earlier that you didn’t want to be part of the solution.

No, I said it wasn’t possible or necessarily desirable. It’s just one page back, so you can catch me if I’m lying.

Or I could direct you to one that said 6 in 10 wouldn’t support Palin, one that was about Scott Brown I think (the one with the knee pad comment I told you about earlier), and really just a ton others. You’re not defending blameless people here. They dish just as good as they get if not better. The comment to toliver is the worst I’ve seen yet from either side, and I’m sure you realize that’s saying something.

Accusing people who disagree with Palin of wanna be aronists or something (unseen) isn’t much better either. That’s the BS the Left does to us all the time, and it used to be considered beyond the pale.

Tiger, I’m not missing that. It’s the very crux of my whole discussion here with you. You keep pointing out the few who disagree with you while ignoring all the ones who do.

Now, you and I disagree maybe on what’s acceptable, but I’m not saying people on my side are saints while Jen and others are monsters. I’m simply saying that this is the conversation these two groups have decided to have. If you don’t want to participate in the mud slinging, then don’t, and I’ll return the favor and accept that as our parameters for a civil discussion, but if you do want to get into it, don’t cry foul that I’m playing by our rules. The same applies for only selectively calling others out.

You said something about not minding the name calling here. I think it stinks. btw, Ex-Lax gang is not name calling, it is an imaginative and imo, apropos adjective that I think well describes what is going on around here.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 6:30 PM

No, it’s very much an insult, and I know you know this. That’s why you include betas in there as well, so please don’t try to spin this. Just own it.

But if you want to play the “it’s appropriate” card, then I don’t see what’s wrong with my earlier comment. Jenfidel has no one to blame but herself if people perceive her as creepy or whatever. That’s not even meant as an insult.

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 7:05 PM

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 6:30 PM

You are a hypocrite of major proportions.

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Ma Kuncklehead and her Ex-Lax gang is a metaphor, and a darn good one, for your behavior and all of the crap you have splattered since you came back here.

I’ll be expanding upon it as my imagination inspires me.

And, compared to your activities here, Ex-Lax gang is child’s play; a very mild description of your atrocious behavior; you really deserve much worse, you know.

And by all means, please try to run this up the flagpole of shockingly offensive words, I don’t think anyone but your gang of fellow splatterers will salute it. The best reaction you’ll get to my “hypocrisy” may be yawns or crickets; folks around here don’t bat an eye at stuff like that, although I think they will get a good laugh.

*One thing I have found here on HA is that a lot of the really smart, decent, interesting posters can see through pettiness and justifications for bad behavior and can really read character very well; they’ll make their own own decisions about you and your Ex Lax gang. I trust their wisdom.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 7:12 PM

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I’ll answer honestly, though I realize you might assume I’m lying.

I would not at all be someone who’d say she was an idiot for staying. I’d call her tenacious and a great leader who suffered much but made it out stronger. Her reputation has already suffered greatly, and it’s illogical to think the quitter meme isn’t worse than whatever could have happened if she’d stayed.

I’ll agree that resigning was the best thing she could do for herself and her family, but if you want me to believe she’s the best person to run this country, then you can’t also have me believe her leaving was the best for her state.

I loved her even before she was McCain’s pick, but even then I felt it was too soon. But, as VP, I thought she’d be great, because she’d have a chance to grow into the position. Since that time, she didn’t gain a significant amount of experience, and my principles didn’t change. I didn’t think she was experienced enough to be president when McCain picked her, and staying another year (or less?) didn’t change my opinion.

I could go on and list more reasons why I’d rather she weren’t my president, but I don’t see the value in trashing her just to prove to you that I’m not making this decision emotionally. Whatever I say, you’ll still find some way to consider emotion rather than reason based, so the end result will be me trashing a politician I like for no reason.

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 7:13 PM

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I’m involved in a fight like that right now. I will spend every dollar I have, I will go bankrupt, I will sell my business, I will spend my kid’s inheritance, rather than resign my position, in order to clear my name.

A good leader does whatever has to be done to clear their names and reputations. Until you’ve been put in that situation, you never will see how her “excuse” was a poor decision.

To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice. ~Confucius

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 7:14 PM

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Atrocious behavior=not falling in line with your Sara Palin worship.

I think you really need to turn me in, tattle on me and beg them to have me banned. After all it is the Christmas season.

I’m done engaging you.

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 7:14 PM

My father is the same. He’s being sued by a former employee who stole from and took advantage of him. My father tried to help this man turn his life around until he learned the man was stealing from him. He’d even taken this man to church and prayed with him. But this man not only stole from him, he’s suing my father. He gave my father the option of settling if my father would drop criminal charges, but that’s just not right. So my father is having to put the entire business (a 30 year struggle) up on the gamble of the right thing winning here.

I wouldn’t call Palin a coward, but I don’t think she did the right thing in that situation. And that was when she lost my support in the Republican primary. If she wins it, I’ll still support her but no more than I did McCain.

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Esthier, I observed from your comment that you said you didn’t want to be part of the solution.

You say:

Here’s what you said one page back:

Who said I wanted to be part of the solution?(emphasis mine)So long as Jen is here shooting off at the hip, calling every comment I make at her a personal insult, I’m under no delusion that it’s possible or even desirable.

I emphasized the parts of your writing that indicate that not only do you think it’s not possible, you don’t desire it. You also ask the rhetorical question re: “who ever said you wanted to be part of the solution” in a way which implies that you don’t.

As far as Ex-Lax girls gang, that is a very apt description of the behavior going on with the bunch. Is it complimentary to their behavior? Of course not, it’s reflective of their very bad behavior and they have brought it on themselves.

The shoe fits perfectly, and they’re going to wear it.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 7:31 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2010 at 6:06 PM

I have no problem with gohawgs, he/she isn’t part of the mob.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I wish your father the best of luck and it sounds like he’ll be successful. I certainly understand where he’s coming from. But I’m a firm believer in “karma” and “what goes around comes around” even though it sometimes takes years to see it actually happen.

Give him my best and tell him to keep up the good fight. He shall be rewarded in heaven.

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I’ll say a short prayer for TL.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2010 at 6:16 PM

And I for you.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 7:37 PM

To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice. ~Confucius

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Will resigning your position allow you to leave with a clear name, end the litigation and free you and yours from ruination as it did for Palin?

If the answer is yes, and the only thing between you and freedom from the catastrophe you describe above is your desire to keep your position, then I don’t know what to say.

Would leaving your position jeopordize a positive outcome of the litigation? If so, this is not a parallel to Palin.

P.S. You are, unfortunately, dealing with one lawsuit. How would you like to go through it another fourteen times? Then you will be able to compare your situation with Palin’s.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Esthier on December 22, 2010 at 7:13 PM

When did I ever post to you that you made your decisions re: Palin based on emotion? And I wonder if you read my post where I said emotion played a part in ALL of us when we make these decisions. Some are affected by it much more than others, but I don’t recall ever having singled you, or anybody out, for that matter. You’ve built that straw man all by your lonesome.

As far as your reasons for thinking Palin hasn’t gotten enough executive experience yet, that’s something that each of us has their own measurement of. To me, she has grown more from the National challenges and the tsunami she was instrumental in creating; the grass roots, get your hands dirty and strategic choices that she put in making November happen, than she could have ever done in Alaska. She has held executive positions for twenty years now. I think she mastered the governorship and another two years there wouldn’t have allowed her to grow as fast as she has on the national stage. It’s been all a plus, imo. The quitter meme means nothing when you compare it to the talent and ability she can harness to pull the Republic from the brink before obama gives it one last shove. She’s the only one who can fight him fearlessly and take it to him. She’s done it for the past two years. Her display of her understanding of complexities and being able to cut through the Left’s fog of lies and rock the world by exposing the deadliness of obamacare with user friendly and universally understood “Death Panels” speaks volumes. Combined with her record, which is really stellar and the fact that she is clean and the driven snow, personally and professionally, and I just don’t honestly see anyone who is in her league.
Others may disagree, that’s fine with me. These are just my thoughts and conclusions.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 8:10 PM

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 8:10 PM

There is a Palin thread up above you might be interested in..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2010 at 8:13 PM

There is a Palin thread up above you might be interested in..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Great post you ignorant troll//

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Yes..Tigerlily will get to see unseen at work!..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Yes..Tigerlily will get to see unseen at work!..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2010 at 8:20 PM

ROFL….

unseen on December 22, 2010 at 8:25 PM

ROFL….

unseen on December 22, 2010 at 8:25 PM

You need to get back to the thread..You have posts to answer to!..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2010 at 8:28 PM

You need to get back to the thread..You have posts to answer to!..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2010 at 8:28 PM

done and done

unseen on December 22, 2010 at 8:38 PM

unseen on December 22, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Proud of you!..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Proud of you!..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2010 at 8:39 PM

you need to send out more requests for aid :)

unseen on December 22, 2010 at 8:45 PM

unseen on December 22, 2010 at 8:45 PM

I guess so!..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Looks like Preacher Lily doesn’t practice what she preaches. She brought her own gang to play last night……….

Knucklehead on December 23, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I’m really no fan of arguing semantics. It’s truly a bore, but since we’re here…

I asked the question, because it’s one you don’t know the answer to and then preceded to answer it myself. I said that I don’t know that it’s possible or desirable, yes, but did you happen to notice the qualification? It’s right here:

So long as the above is true, I find it neither possible nor desirable. If the above can ever change, then my opinion may change as well.

And this is just obvious. It takes two countries to start a war, and it takes two to end one. That’s a solid conservative thought when it comes to the WOT. We here acknowledge that bin Laden has been at war with us for decades. The fact that we haven’t been at war with him this entire time doesn’t mean we’ve prevented war. We were just allowing him to sucker punch us. That’s not admirable. It’s stupid.

Obviously war is an exaggeration here, but the analogy still fits.

The shoe fits perfectly, and they’re going to wear it.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 7:31 PM

My comment is no different (assuming I accept your premise about Knucklehead). Jen proves this for me nearly every time she posts here. If you’re fine with your comment, then please do not assume you can lecture me about mine. We’re essentially saying the same thing. We’re both claiming to be doing nothing other than describing what we’re seeing from others here. You call it verbal diarrhea. I’m being a little more direct.

Esthier on December 23, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Knucklehead on December 22, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I am as well. It’s unfortunate that it’s happening so late in life as he’d rather be able to retire somewhat soon, but I’ve faith in them (him and my aunt and grandmother – it’s a family business). They built their company from nearly nothing. It’s not ideal, but I’m sure they’ll be fine.

Thanks for the kind regards. I’ll let him know. I’m sure it’ll come up when I’m down for Christmas.

Esthier on December 23, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I’ve been talking to you about this in several posts. I’m not sure why you’re just now saying I’m misrepresenting your opinion. You didn’t address me specifically. You said that all who don’t like her (on the right specifically) must have an emotional reason. It’s right here:

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 1:38 AM

Feel free to explain what I’m misinterpreting. It’s not my desire to put words in your mouth, but it seems pretty clear to me.

I’ve read probably most of your posts by now, including the clarification where I’ve highlighted in bold the part where you claim Palin supporters aren’t the emotional ones. That they’re the ones who’ve studied her and know intellectually why they’re voting for her. Maybe you meant something else by what you said, but the words speak for themselves. You can clarify now, but that’s not what you said earlier.

I would argue I had a lot of help building up this argument. Your words are the very foundation, and it’s much more solid than your claim that I said I didn’t want to be a part of the solution even if it were possible.

I think she mastered the governorship

What exactly do you base that on? How do you measure that objectively? She didn’t have to send out the National Guard once as governor, nor was she in charge of any major emergency. Alaska, like most states in the nation, is significantly in debt, but Palin actually increased spending. Maybe if she had more time, she could have done something better?

Maybe not, but it would have been nice to be able to see how she handles a state budget while her state is in the red. When the most important issue of the year is our national debt, I don’t see how this can be considered insignificant.

I’d like to believe that if only there were some polls or something actually objective to base this claim on. So many other candidates poll better against Obama than Palin does.

These are just my thoughts and conclusions.

tigerlily on December 22, 2010 at 8:10 PM

They are your thoughts and opinions. With all due respect, I don’t see a single fact in there to back up anyone of them.

Esthier on December 23, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Esthier on December 23, 2010 at 11:56 AM

You missed Lily and her own gang last night.

Knucklehead on December 23, 2010 at 1:59 PM