Poll: Obamateurism of the Year, Flight 5
posted at 8:05 am on December 21, 2010 by Ed Morrissey
We’re back to pick the final entry for the first semifinal flight in the OOTY vote. We can never have enough Obamateurisms (apparently), but readers selected Barack Obama’s “at a certain point, I think you’ve made enough money” choice for Flight 4’s nominee to the semifinals. Today we have another set of tough, tough choices from the annals of the OOTWs. In fact, I’d have to call this flight a kick-ass set:
- Obama golfs as BP’s CEO yachts
- Obama says Gulf disaster will have similar impact to 9/11, then goes golfing the next day
- “We talk to these folks because they potentially have the best answers so I know whose ass to kick“
- “Singularly focused” Obama’s golfing, fundraising, vacation, and sports events
- “Obviously, the loss of Daniel Pearl was one of those moments that captured the world’s imaginationbecause it reminded us of how valuable a free press is.”
Don’t forget to come back tomorrow for Flight 6! Also, I’ll still be looking for fresh OOTD candidates, even though I’ll likely hold off publishing them until after the first of the year.
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me firstname.lastname@example.org with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!