Poll: Obamateurism of the Year, Flight 5

posted at 8:05 am on December 21, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

We’re back to pick the final entry for the first semifinal flight in the OOTY vote.  We can never have enough Obamateurisms (apparently), but readers selected Barack Obama’s “at a certain point, I think you’ve made enough money” choice for Flight 4′s nominee to the semifinals.  Today we have another set of tough, tough choices from the annals of the OOTWs. In fact, I’d have to call this flight a kick-ass set:

Don’t forget to come back tomorrow for Flight 6!  Also, I’ll still be looking for fresh OOTD candidates, even though I’ll likely hold off publishing them until after the first of the year.

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me atobamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!

Comments

#3 with out a doubt, Never has a potus sounded more like a thug and less like a president in the history of our country!

SHARPTOOTH on December 21, 2010 at 8:09 AM

#3, captain kick ass to the rescue!

cmsinaz on December 21, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Obama golfs as CEO yachts???? Why is that there as a choice?
Obama – President….CEO – on his way out the door at BP. I can’t see the connection.

Electrongod on December 21, 2010 at 8:10 AM

In fact, I’d have to call this flight a kick-ass set:
========================================================

Affrimative!

canopfor on December 21, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Daniel Pearl…….because it shows his cold hearted “Born Alive infant Protection Act” side.

PappyD61 on December 21, 2010 at 8:11 AM

SHARPTOOTH on December 21, 2010 at 8:09 AM

yepper, he lowers the dignity the office…

cmsinaz on December 21, 2010 at 8:11 AM

*SSKicking Hopey the Lame Duck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on December 21, 2010 at 8:12 AM

#3–so Un-Presidential.

Beaglemom on December 21, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Leadership: all that is needed is the ability to discern to whom malevolence should be applied…

All that BHO sees himself doing is dishing out punishment, or favors. We should either be bending over and grabbing our ankles to receive his malevolence, or we should be thanking him.

Amateur indeed.

ted c on December 21, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Number 3. Thug-in-Chief.

OldEnglish on December 21, 2010 at 8:17 AM

GAFFEBIDEN STRIKES AGAIN!
================================

DECEMBER 21, 2010.’Totally Out of There’
Joe Biden’s latest Afghanistan gaffe..

We’ve supported President Obama’s Afghan surge, but sometimes it’s hard to tell if his Administration does. Only days after the President spoke about supporting our troops until they finish the job, Vice President Joe Biden did one of his famous foot-in-mouth numbers.

Speaking on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday, the master of subtle diplomatic messaging declared that on July 2011 the U.S. really will begin to leave the Afghan theater. “It will …

canopfor on December 21, 2010 at 8:17 AM

Only thing is, contrary to what Charles Krauthammer says, Captain Kick-Ass has suddenly transformed into Private Wussy-Pants, mostly due in part to what happened with the Midterms.

Not saying this is a bad thing, of course.

pilamaye on December 21, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Chose the idiotic Daniel Pearl comment, because it showcases just how clumsily inarticulate Barry is, and also how he’ll go to any lengths to avoid mentioning the evils of fundamentalist Islam, even when (as in the case of the Pearl execution) its depravity is on full display to the world.

AZCoyote on December 21, 2010 at 8:18 AM

This is why I’m a Fan of WooTW’s

Kini on December 21, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Wooties,

Nice ring!

Kini on December 21, 2010 at 8:25 AM

All these polls do is raise my blood pressure…I am reminded how utterly stupid this “president” is, I am so ashamed, so embarrassed, so angry, at how weak and ineffectual this guy is.

right2bright on December 21, 2010 at 8:27 AM

Amateur indeed.

ted c on December 21, 2010 at 8:15 AM

ted c:True dat,CIC AWOL and MIA!:)

canopfor on December 21, 2010 at 8:29 AM

right2bright on December 21, 2010 at 8:27 AM

Ditto

50sGuy on December 21, 2010 at 8:30 AM

Wooties,

Nice ring!

Kini on December 21, 2010 at 8:25 AM

Kini:*Woot-Woot*,hehe,ahem!:)

canopfor on December 21, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Daniel Pearl. The man is a sociopath, and the coldness of this statement demonstrates it perfectly.

NeighborhoodCatLady on December 21, 2010 at 8:32 AM

I had to go with number one; Barry equating sawing a man’s head off with “Captur[ing] the world’s imagination” demonstrates just how far in over his head he is.

If you have the stomach for it, here’s what it’s like to have your imagination captured (!!CONTENT WARNING!!).

pain train on December 21, 2010 at 8:42 AM

#3 no doubt. What a petulant President.

kingsjester on December 21, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Captain Kick Ass!

ladyingray on December 21, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Good morning KJ :)

cmsinaz on December 21, 2010 at 8:46 AM

NeighborhoodCatLady

Well, in that spirit of teh holidays…

You might find in the threads a waking… or not.

G’night

Kini on December 21, 2010 at 8:47 AM

#3 for me… Classic example of a classless person.

Keemo on December 21, 2010 at 8:47 AM

AZCoyote on December 21, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Agreed. If this hadn’t been on the list, I would have voted for the “ass to kick” comment. So childish, so idiotic, so Obama!

citrus on December 21, 2010 at 8:49 AM

#1 for me. I wonder whether he realizes that terror is evil. Either he is dumb or he is insane.

antisocial on December 21, 2010 at 8:51 AM

” . . . whose ass to kick.”

Remember, Spike Lee had just told Pres. Sissypants that he had to get in tough with his inner thug.

BigAlSouth on December 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM

The guy truly is an idiot.
He’s an idiot with an agenda- and a whole lot of psychopathology- but an idiot nonetheless.

I really would like to see this cretin’s transcripts.
I suspected initially that they were hidden because he had loaded up on socialism/communism related courses.
Now it’s pretty clear that his GPA was probably sub 2.0.

justltl on December 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Dangit. “in TOUCH.”

More coffee . . .

BigAlSouth on December 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM

I’m with you, Pappy & Neighborhood. All the other choices really show his ignorance, but it has to be the Daniel Pearl comment. He just doesn’t get it and never will. Like you said, sorta like throwing a newborn baby in a broom closet to die.

RightlySo on December 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM

I know #3 is going to win, but the Daniel Pearl reference is truly odious. To paraphrase Jennifer Aniston (yeah, yeah, I know), the man is missing a sensitivity chip.

CantCureStupid on December 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM

I picked Number Three
Because it gave us the name
Of Captain Kickass

Haiku Guy on December 21, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Captain KickAss all talk no walk, a loud mouthed lazy cowardly whiner.

philly_PA on December 21, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Tough choice between 1 and 3. Both provide a glimpse into the mind of the current occupant of the WH. I can’t imagine how the Pearl family feels hearing his words…..

I went with 3, because it is so anti-Presidential and more Chicago-union-thug-community-organizer. I just don’t see how our country can survive another 2 years, let alone another 6.

conservative pilgrim on December 21, 2010 at 9:03 AM

I’m surprised it’s this close. I figured Captain KickDumb@$$ would be at least final 4 material.

MNHawk on December 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM

“We talk to these folks because they potentially have the best answers so I know whose ass to kick“

Reeks of pure bully-on-the-block arrogance.

November 2nd, 2010: arrogance duly noted and rewarded. Ass-kicking administered.

Yoop on December 21, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Captain Kick Azz is representative of his bungling of the entire 1) Explosion, and 2) Subsequent Spill incident. It seems to me the Teleprompter-American kinda forgot that 11 people died when he was briefly left the golf course to position himself so as to advance his economy-destroying agenda.

Tom_OC on December 21, 2010 at 9:27 AM

AZCoyote on December 21, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Yup.

Pazman on December 21, 2010 at 9:31 AM

CantCureStupid on December 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Me too. I also can’t for the life of me figure out what seeing Daniel Pearl’s head sawn off on video has to do with a free press.

ProfessorMiao on December 21, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I had to go with the Pearl comment as well. This horrific and barbaric act captured Barry’s imagination but it horrified civilized people everywhere else . Also, Giggles seems to miss the fact that Pearl was executed because he was a Jew, not because he was a journalist. Jeremiah Wright must have been very proud.

DeweyWins on December 21, 2010 at 9:40 AM

I vote for the Pearl comment because it was just so wrong.

And just whose a$$ did Mr. President end up kicking, anyone’s?

scalleywag on December 21, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Obviously comparing an OIL SPILL to the worst TERRORIST ATTACK in HISTORY which killed almost 3,000 people!

Tony737 on December 21, 2010 at 10:05 AM

This is really getting sad how difficult it is to pick a winner day by day. I’d forgotten how rich the source material is. I’d almost think that a round robin and then playoffs would be a better way to choose them….

icallbs404 on December 21, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Tony737 on December 21, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I’m agreeing with Tony, not knowing stupidly comparing the ramifications of the oil spill to 9/11 rises to the level of a well rehearsed community organizer.

Rovin on December 21, 2010 at 10:35 AM

His insensitive comment regarding Daniel Pearl’s execution conclusively demonstrated the appalling ignorance and heartlessness of the current resident. Then, of course, he is anti free press and rather pro jihad, so in his mind it was a justifiable statement.

Crusader Rabbit on December 21, 2010 at 10:38 AM

I have to go back and review these, they all seem to run together. It was a tough choice but I went with singularly focused. The lack of honesty and leadership is amazing.

He seems to be enjoying all the benefits of being the president without doing the work.

tommer74 on December 21, 2010 at 10:52 AM

I found the murder of Daniel Pearl horrifying, disgusting and cowardly, but it did not capture my imagination, nor did it remind me of the need for a free press. It reminded me that the enemy we are fighting will commit any atrocity to gain its ends.

mchristian on December 21, 2010 at 11:06 AM

The comeback twit

Schadenfreude on December 21, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Tony737 on December 21, 2010 at 10:05 AM

This is what I chose, too. What a disgrace.
How in the world can he justify in his own mind this statement? You have got to have a pretty heartless view of 9/11 to compare the two.

StephC on December 21, 2010 at 11:38 AM

mchristian on December 21, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Yea, the more I think about what he said the angrier it makes me. It was thoughtless and cold and someone in the media should have called him on it.

scalleywag on December 21, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Obama says Gulf disaster will have similar impact to 9/11, then goes golfing the next day

Because…
1… He was ‘makin sh*t up as he went along’
2… He really believed it and is actually that self-centered
3… His handlers know to get him outta the way when real sh*t happens.
4… TOTUS really wanted to try out that new driver.
5… Joe Bite-me had it covered.

RalphyBoy on December 21, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Good choices, yet again…

OmahaConservative on December 21, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Toughest one so far. I went with Daniel Pearl just because it is so appalling that he would phrase something like that when discussing the beheading of a human being by savages. Disgustingly amatuerish.

RedNewEnglander on December 21, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Too many good choices in this round.

ElectricPhase on December 21, 2010 at 3:14 PM

I went with the Pearl comment. If Obama wants to know whose ass to kick he should start with his own. That was one of the most clueless and insensitive remarks I’ve ever heard.

backwoods conservative on December 21, 2010 at 3:18 PM

SHARPTOOTH on December 21, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Not only that, he was talking to collage professors and students.
The single largest group of people with little to no real world experience in an environment that trains people for entry level jobs.

DSchoen on December 21, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I went with the unreal remarks about Daniel Pearl. It was shocking the way he treated that, like he was killed in an accident or something instead of beheaded.

The rest really could all be summed up into one choice: “Obama golfs”.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Both – the Kick ass moment and the heartless statement about Daniel Pearl. Each show exactly what we are stuck with as a president.

katablog.com on December 21, 2010 at 7:03 PM

They were all such very good examples of how truly amateurish this buttnugget is. Having said that, I chose #4 simply because the death and devastation that occurred on September 11, 2001 is incomparable with an unintentional oil spill.

The “whose ass to kick” comment just reiterated how correct sHrILLARY was during the primaries about him having only given speeches.

The Pearl comment just showed his absolute ignorance and the depths that he’ll go to avoid confronting real enemies.

rmel80 on December 21, 2010 at 11:53 PM

The rest really could all be summed up into one choice: “Obama golfs”.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Ditto.

shick on December 21, 2010 at 11:53 PM

The rest really could all be summed up into one choice: “Obama golfs”.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 5:58 PM

I also went with the Daniel Pearl comment. Cold and insensitive do not even begin to say how much that angered me! Pearl was someone’s son, someone’s husband, someone’s brother and someone’s father!

Obama has as little care for life as the brutal Islamic murderous thugs that killed the man and by doing so tortured the wife, children, siblings and parents of Mr. Pearl! Mr. Obama should be one of the inmates at Guantanamo! He has no concern for how badly he is torturing this country! His only goal is his own terrorist agenda!

Vntnrse on December 22, 2010 at 12:09 AM

…just read my comments back to myself…guess I find Mr. Obama pretty reprehensible, eh?

To say the least!!!