Poll of eight states: Romney trails other major presidential contenders among conservatives

posted at 6:51 pm on December 20, 2010 by Allahpundit

Actually, that’s overstating it slightly: He does okay in his pop’s home state of Michigan, and he manages to eke past Gingrich for third place in some metrics in Wisconsin, but in the other six — including bellwethers like Ohio, Missouri, and North Carolina — he’s fourth out of four. By a country mile, in some cases.

We’ve polled eight states, not including Massachusetts, since the 2010 election ended. Romney has the lowest favorability rating of the Republican top 4 with conservatives in every single one of those states except Michigan, where he probably benefits from his dad having been the Governor. And it’s not like Romney is just slightly less well liked than the others with conservatives- it’s a large gap, particularly when you compare him with Palin or Huckabee. Romney’s average favorability is 58%. Gingrich is next worst at 64%, followed by Huckabee at 73%, and Palin does best at 77%…

And because conservatives make up the lion’s share of Republican primary voters, it should come as no surprise that his issues with them are now leading to poor numbers for him overall in these early snapshots. Of the last eight states we’ve polled Romney has led in only one- Michigan- and even there he could only salvage a tie with Huckabee. Huckabee has led in four states overall with Palin ahead in three and Tim Pawlenty ahead in his home state. Romney’s average performance has been 15% with Gingrich at 16%, Palin at 20%, and Huckabee at 21%.

Palin leads the field among conservatives in all eight states, 22/21 over Huckabee, with Gingrich third at 15 percent and Romney fourth at 14 percent. Check out his numbers in Ohio, Virginia, and North Carolina, especially — bearing in mind that as Palin, Huck, and/or Newt start to fade earlier in the primaries, their conservative supporters are likely to consolidate behind whoever’s left in that group of three, making Romney’s task even more difficult.

He’ll look at those numbers and murmur to himself “McCain, McCain, McCain” as a reminder of how powerless grassroots conservatives can be to stop RINOs in a primary, but that analogy doesn’t hold. Partly because of his immigration stance and partly because of his media-friendly sanctimony towards the right, Maverick was even more widely despised by the base than Mitt is, I think, notwithstanding the latter’s health-care apostasy. But he was (more or less) acceptable anyway as a nominee given that (a) there were no conservative rock stars in the field to provide a clear contrast and (b) with Bush’s approval so low and Republicans in such disfavor, a centrist nominee could be sold as the last, best chance to hold the middle and keep the White House. In 2012, by contrast, you’ll have Palin running and (maybe) Pence and a Mike Huckabee who’s much more widely known and who’s spent two years framing himself as a hardline fiscal conservative. And you’ll have a Republican base that’s fresh off a midterm landslide and anxious to go on offense against a weakened Obama, which means they’ll be less willing to settle for a moderate deemed untrustworthy even by some centrists who might otherwise sympathize with him. The GOP hasn’t nominated a “true conservative” since Reagan (Dubya, avatar of “compassionate conservatism,” hardly qualifies despite the left’s demonization of him); many grassroots believers will be thinking, “if not now, when”? Why settle for Bob Dole when you might have a shot to nominate Goldwater?

All Mitt can do, I guess, is (a) hope that Palin’s negatives stay high and scare off GOP fencesitters on the electability question, (b) quietly lobby for GOP primaries in blue states to be winner-take-all instead of proportional, and (c) do whatever he can to make sure that states run closed primaries instead of open ones. I know that last part is counterintuitive — wouldn’t Romney benefit from centrist independents being able to vote for him? — but Democrats are so eager to face Palin in the general that I think PPP’s right about them perpetrating a little “Operation Chaos” of their own. There won’t be any Democratic contest to vote in, so if you’re a liberal who thinks Obama will walk all over Sarahcuda, why not cross over and vote for her in the GOP primary if you’re allowed?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

She wore him out. That’s why he ran a bad campaign.

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:48 AM

LOL!..I hear you!

PS..I think they Fred! and Jeri) both got upset when someone in the MSM referred to Jeri as a “Tropy wife”!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:52 AM

I want to wish you Merry Christmas

PrezHussein on December 21, 2010 at 1:53 AM

She wore him out. That’s why he ran a bad campaign.

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Explains the socks…too tired

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:53 AM

Btw: Where is she?

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:51 AM

I truly do not know how she could miss this evenings thread– any opportunity for well, almost gary-ish debate.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:52 AM

What’s a ‘tropy wife’.
*ducks and runs*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Like any of this matters. RINO enthusiasts will wave the Electable flag, and we’ll get stuck with Romney, or some other Quasi Socialist/Democrat in Republican Clothing, ala Maverick. Then we’ll be told we Conservatives have to support the parties Nomination, and we should just take it and love it.

Then we’ll be told it’s the best we can do, and we have to be reasonable.

Then they’ll get to Washington, and completely forget the whole Conservative thing, except on a few set up no brainer issues. You know, like happens every election.

Snake307 on December 21, 2010 at 1:54 AM

I want to wish you Merry Christmas

PrezHussein on December 21, 2010 at 1:53 AM

Many blessings to you as well.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:55 AM

garywouldloveto69sarah is a raving example of pure, unadulterated douchebaggery.

rickyricardo on December 21, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Go back to your room and bang your bongos some more…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:55 AM

What’s a ‘tropy wife’.
*ducks and runs*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:54 AM

LOL!..Sorry..We can always make fun of my spelling and typos!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:55 AM

LOL!..I hear you!

PS..I think they Fred! and Jeri) both got upset when someone in the MSM referred to Jeri as a “Trophy wife”!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:52 AM

Sorry for the typo!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:56 AM

Btw: Where is she?

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Route 30 and Stoney Island.

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Palin is a wild card candidate, im telling you. They have done their best to paint her as the next coming of evil and stupidity and although she still has work to do, she is still much more popular than any other politician besides Reagan could ever be in that situation.

I truly believe people would like her more and more as the campaign wore on. Every person ive made sit and watch one of her speeches has come away with a totally different opinion of her then the one that is aped by lefty media.

She could be a special kind of leader. We know Obama is a special kind of failure. I believe in her in a way, i could never believe in most politicians.

As for Romney, he just isnt anything i can get excited over. Im sorry, but with Obamacare as problem number one right now, his credibility is bruised at best. I dont think he has the ambition to really clean up the mess Obama has made.

Huckabee just sucks. In every single way. He is creepy. He is phony. He may be a progressive….im just not sure. He is a bitter man….ill never forget the underhanded lengths he went to in order to screw Romney in the ’08 primaries (see West Virginia). Bottom line. He is the only candidate i could foresee keeping me from voting for a Presidential candidate in ’12. I will not pull the lever for Mike Huckabee….never, no way, no how.

So, unless we find our Bill Clinton, come out of no where, candidate who inspires some real grass roots excitement, id rather lose backing Palin, then being afraid of her “negatives”, and picking another McCain.

alecj on December 21, 2010 at 1:58 AM

rickyricardo on December 21, 2010 at 1:51 AM

While some of us (annoyinglittletwerp, Knucklehead, Dire Straights, et al) try to maintain some form of diplomacy, even in the face of derangement from some unmentionable commenters, it’s nearly impossible to disagree with your absolutely correct statement.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:59 AM

Route 30 and Stoney Island.

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:57 AM

ROTFLMFAO!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 2:02 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:59 AM

And, I disagree (as previously noted) with the way he responded…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:03 AM

Hey DS,

Maybe we should post some music vids and start talking about sports…The ladies seem lonely…/

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:07 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:07 AM

If you start talkin’ history count me IN.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 2:07 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:07 AM

Are you trying to get Jenfidel stirred up!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 2:08 AM

Since I pick-up the ‘almost adult’ on Wednesday and since I’ve got tons of stuff to do…today…maybe I should go to bed.
Nah.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 2:09 AM

rickyricardo on December 21, 2010 at 1:51 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:59 AM

I’m saving that for prosperity.

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 2:10 AM

And, I disagree (as previously noted) with the way he responded…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:03 AM

Did you read the beaut he (the unmentionable commenter) wrote to me on the previous page?

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:11 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:07 AM

Ok! I did hear this Classic today!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 2:12 AM

I’m saving that for prosperity.

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Lol. Into perpetuity we go!

Hey, when are we initiating the FB page you mentioned to annoyinglittle and I the other night? :-)

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:14 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:11 AM

Some of it. You’re the professor, should we respond in kind or in a manner is which we’d like to be addressed? (That was my inner adult in the PAC interactive just for you)…

My problem with ricky was his change of gary’s nic. He can’t spout his douchebaggery however he likes…I should have been more specific…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:16 AM

It looks like the snow has stopped here. Time to call my guys to start plowing. Snow=Money and I’m broke.

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 2:17 AM

This would be more appropriate for the DADT threads…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:19 AM

Snake307 on December 21, 2010 at 1:54 AM

It’s got to be Grahamnesty or Huckabee. Only those 2 turds can approach the horror show unelectability that Mavericky Maverick McMaverick had.
Not only does the GOP want to depress their own base by nominating a giant bag of sh*t as a candidate, they want to make sure that there is no chance of Democrat crossover.

Maybe we can get Backdoor John to do another big amnesty push in 2011 and then see if he’ll run in 2012. Running him again almost guarantees single digit electoral vote counts for the GOP. Maybe that’s the way to go; keep running McCain like William Jennings Bryan.

austinnelly on December 21, 2010 at 2:19 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:11 AM

Remember the Karma..It always comes around..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 2:19 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:16 AM

can’t should be can…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:20 AM

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 2:17 AM

I shoveled the driveway 3 times this eve.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 2:17 AM

I shoveled the driveway 3 times this eve.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 2:21 AM

See what happens when you live where it get colder than a well digger’s behind?…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:23 AM

get = gets…I have DS syndrome…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:16 AM

Not easy to do when comments are riddled with pure nastiness.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:25 AM

I have DS syndrome…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:24 AM

LOL!..It is very catchy!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 2:26 AM

Not easy to do when comments are riddled with pure nastiness.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:25 AM

True…Other than the real trolls, there only seems to be one commenter that really ticks me off enuf to respond almost everytime they open up their keyboard…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:29 AM

austinnelly on December 21, 2010 at 2:19 AM

Nice post..I am going out on a limb and say that you do not like John McCain!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 2:29 AM

Remember the Karma..It always comes around..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 2:19 AM

True. It’s just that karma isn’t always fast enough for my liking. Must learn patience, must learn patience…

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:30 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:30 AM

It is slow but trust me..After about February it will pick up quick!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Who thinks Mr. Chao (that really is a slight to Mrs. Chao and I should stop calling him that) can keep enough R’s from voting with the dems to not pass START with the 67 needed votes?

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Hey-I’ve got another good song for the DADT thread.
Shame on me.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 2:33 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:29 AM

You mean someone other than the unmentionable?

The unmentionable is the only one, for the most part, that casts such nasty personal aspersions against me– Really puerile, nonsensical stuff. A week or so ago, he called me stupid, an idiot, a troll, crazy, and a few other choice adjectives all in one comment!

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:35 AM

I like these Producers better…same theme

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:37 AM

It is slow but trust me..After about February it will pick up quick!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Really? Is Feb when Captain Karma will strike down that vile unmentionable commenter? Man, I can’t wait!

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:38 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:35 AM

It’s weird, but other than calling me a moron last week…gary’s been holding his fire. When he answers me he’s more or less civil.
MY cause of aggravation is…female.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 2:39 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:35 AM

Nope, not him or her. This is a supporter of someone that can’t say anything in support of their professed candidate because there’s nothing to say…So, he/she morphs into a tabloid headline writer…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:41 AM

gary4205 on December 21, 2010 at 1:30 AM

And, you may need emergency psychotherapy, bub.

You are a disgrace to all things Palin. If she knew you, she’d likely hate your vile vitriolic guts. This I do know.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:40 AM

Why is it that you think that you can post vicious threads, while you denounce others for doing what you are doing?

Why do you think that the rest of us want to be exposed to your and your recently constituted gang of Palin thread jackers, comprised of your constant baiting, incessant needling and sly insults in post after post until you get a negative response from unseen, gary or jenfidel, your targets of choice as you drag past disputes into present threads much like Jacob Marley dragging his chains into Scrooges room.

You, knucklehead, altwerp, Dire Straits, when he can be passive aggressive with it and egg everyone on while pretending to be innocent and toliver have been displaying relentless fight-picking and a fishwife-nails-on-the-chalkboard behaviour in post after post. You show up loaded for bear, with a personal vendetta and a bitter venom that you think is a treat that should be forced down all of our throats; that we should all just stand back, stomach the bile that comes from you all because this is your preferred form of entertainment? I think not. I am really sick of it and y’all are on my last nerve. If things don’t shape up, then maybe there are some people that need to remind themselves that they are ladies, or gentlemen and some of you I know to be Christian and wonder at your bizarre behaviour, which I don’t think any adult should stoop to. No matter what has happened in the past, I can’t believe that you think it justifies your antics here.

If you can’t resolve your conflicts with these other posters; if you can’t be big enough to try to elicit and give apologies where needed, and to constructively air your differences; if you can’t ignore those with whom you can’t or won’t reconcile; if you can’t restrain yourselves from your mob mentality, then I’ve just begun to pipe up. I am interested in substantive discussion here, not thread hijacking and downright intentional, continual ugliness. I am really pissed.

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 2:44 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 2:39 AM

Ha! So he thinks I’m a dude? That’s hysterical.

I don’t know, though. Perhaps, he does know I’m not a dude and he’s just some sort of wife-beating nutjob. Double blech.

Sometimes, I think it must be something I say in my comments that hits a screwball nerve in his diminutive brain.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:45 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:38 AM

As more posters get engaged for the political season..Trust me..There will be blowback and therefore Karma!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 2:46 AM

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 2:44 AM

Project much?

Not one word you’ve uttered is remotely true. Projection is an interesting hideaway.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:48 AM

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 2:46 AM

It’ll be the troll call to action with gotnolife, pooptech, growfins, Cr6666666 and a host of other basement dwellers out in full hit and run force…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Could be..But I think PopTech got banned..and I know Getalife got banned!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 2:51 AM

MY cause of aggravation is…female.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 2:39 AM

We Know, WE KNOW, WE KNOW. Now, either forgive her for her autism crack “forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us” (she should apologize if she hasn’t, but that isn’t conditional for you to forgive, which is divine) or ignore her. But don’t think you can become everyone else’s cause of aggravation because you have this stuck in your craw. This is a public forum, you are a guest and this is not your private meat grinder where you get to keep chopping and hacking until we are all ready to scream. PLEASE try to have some consideration for others, you are not the only person who has ever been insulted here. Those who you can’t deal with you should not engage, directly or otherwise. I always admired your conversion story, please try to put some of that power into action here.

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 2:52 AM

Project much?

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 2:48 AM

Keep it up. I have been saving all of this dreck and will not hesitate to bring it to the attention of our hosts if all of this thread hijacking crap doesn’t stop. The rest of us don’t come here to be “entertained” by your ugly communications.

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 2:54 AM

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 2:51 AM

Banned? And here I thought they had just gone dormant waiting to spring back to life full of vim and soros largesse…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:56 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 2:56 AM

We do not have many trolls left!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 2:58 AM

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 2:54 AM

Why the threats?..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 2:59 AM

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 2:52 AM

Please. I’ve moved beyond the autism crack. I’m anything but fragile.
My problem is gary and jenfidels never ending attacks on good conservatives because they dare say something negative about Sarah Palin.

Long-time commenters -I’ve been here around 5 1/2 years-know who is doing the thread hijacking.
It’s not people like me, Knuck, anXdem et al.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 2:59 AM

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 2:54 AM

Go ahead, and while you’re at it, take a look at the whole thread. Gary’s comments include all manner of vile aspersions cast at me, but I generally don’t respond. When I finally do, you get your projection on and start making threats. Anything I’ve said pales in comparison to what he spews and everyone knows it.

annoyinglittletwerp nor I owe you even a moment of explanation because you’re clearly not capable of reasoned discourse.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 3:01 AM

Btw Tigerlily: My first comment on this thread was to concur with anXdem that Mike Pence would make an excellent president.

It was most certainly ON topic.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 3:04 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 2:59 AM

If you have moved on then why do you keep talking about her, when she is here and even when she is not, saying she is the one you have a problem with, saying you hope to see her banned, etc., etc.? Please re-read my above comment and consider thoughtfully and prayerfully what you are doing. I like you but my head is ready to explode from this completely inappropriate stalking and sniping. If you don’t like them, don’t engage them. This has to stop. I am really angry. I come here to share, learn, laugh a little and sometimes argue a point, but what’s going on with you and your gang is beyond the pale, and not healthy for anyone.

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 3:16 AM

And who does this help? Herman Cain, obviously.

The Other McCain on December 20, 2010 at 7:43 PM

You, Robert Stacey McCain, sir, are a shill. A shill.

steebo77 on December 21, 2010 at 3:19 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 3:01 AM

Keep it up. Your personal attack on me only serves to reinforce my point. You really have no self-control, it seems. And, btw, I have saved much more than just this thread. You all put in a shameful performance the other evening. Wrecked the thread and gave me a migraine. I tried to comment to you then in the the hopes that you all would calm down, don’t know if you saw it, but things are just escalating. So, keep it up. We’ll see what happens.

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 3:21 AM

Why the threats?..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 2:59 AM

You read my post. You know why. Stop playing innocent, that ship sailed for you long ago.

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 3:25 AM

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 3:25 AM

I read your post!..Why threaten anyone?..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 3:28 AM

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 3:25 AM

I read your post!..Why threaten anyone?..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 3:28 AM

Going to our HA hosts with this problem is not a threat, it’s a promise. If you read my post and you still have to ask why, I can’t help you. It’s all there. As YOU know.

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 3:36 AM

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 3:36 AM

Sorry if we offended you ..You do what you think you need to do!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 3:42 AM

Sorry if we offended you ..You do what you think you need to do!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 3:42 AM

That all depends upon whether a certain gang of posters wants to stop turning every thread that gary, unseen or jenfidel are, (or even aren’t, but are likely to show up), into a nauseating, nerve-wracking, feces-throwing, drag their past greivances into the present, madhouse.

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 3:54 AM

Hall pass

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 4:00 AM

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 3:54 AM

This is a Blog we all love to comment on..Sorry you don’t like what some of us post!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 4:13 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 4:00 AM

I think it is Head Games!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 4:15 AM

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 4:13 AM

I have basically conducted myself as a lady on the threads tigerlily speaks of.

If she feels that I’m deserving of banning, well, please…Bring. It. On.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 4:17 AM

I think it is Head Games!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 4:15 AM

Good one!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 4:18 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 4:17 AM

Me too..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 4:19 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 4:18 AM

You are quick on that keyboard..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 4:20 AM

I should be sleeping…but I’m not.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 4:21 AM

I noticed that she complained about us…but not about ‘other’ people.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 4:22 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 4:21 AM

Waiting up for your lil buddy?

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 4:23 AM

Waiting up for your lil buddy?

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 4:23 AM

Begone, you RINO troll.
*wink*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 4:27 AM

Call me Thor

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 4:35 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 4:22 AM

I have posted previously that Gary is too quick to call names, although his posts are jam packed with great info and pithy, interesting analysis. You should give him credit where it is due. Same for unseen. Jen also has come up with interesting info. Also, I did mention to you just tonight that jen owes you an apology, if she hasn’t already done so, for the autism remark. It may be just coincidence, but you have been unrelenting in your pursuit of her ever since. unseen seldom gets personal, and has to be provoked first, but you all have dragged her into it because she is such a strong Palin supporter she must be an enemy like the other two, I guess. And as a grown woman, and a Catholic, can you not understand that your gang-up style, unrelenting knifing, biting and sniping is a completely inappropriate response to those toward whom you have negative feelings? That your feelings in no way justify your actions? That two wrongs don’t make a right?

The other night, I followed a thread from page 1 where you all sniped and insulted about these people, among yourselves and then to them when they showed up. You were spoiling for a fight, continually stabbing at them and the thread was miserable and ugly as a result. The thread ended up with the expected and provoked confrontations; then they left and the discussion devolved further into something about virtual brownies. It was a shameful display. If you can’t examine your conscience and see that what you are doing is wrong, regardless of the right or wrong of others, then something isn’t clicking the way it should. I’m taking the time to speak with you about this because I think you have the maturity to reflect and pray and rise above past disagreements. Perhaps you can discuss this calmly with jen and gary and come to a reconciliation and understanding. Perhaps you can’t. Either way, this madness has to stop.

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 4:44 AM

…everyone else’s…
tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 2:52 AM

“Everyone”? That’s a sweeping statement. annoyinglittletwerp is no aggravation to me. I enjoy her posts.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 4:44 AM

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 3:54 AM

This is ridiculous. Three weeks ago I started posting more regularly in threads that would bring up Palin’s name. I was extremely polite explaining why I didn’t like her when I was demanded to. And for my troubles I was called a “guilt-ridden pro-abortionist”, “troll”, “Democrat”, and “RINO” all in the same day! Don’t tell us that the “feces-throwing” is our fault. We’ve been polite and we’re not going to continue to be that when we are unfairly attacked.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 4:49 AM

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 4:44 AM

Gary undermines himself to the point of ZERO credibility so any “point” or “info” he may have is worthless. Don’t forget that it isn’t just namecalling from Gary, he accused us here of having blood on our hands if anything should happen to SP. He officially jumped the shark that day.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 4:52 AM

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 4:44 AM

How come the “madness” must start with those who don’t support Palin? Why not them? Afterall, they are the ones who started all the name-calling and blodd libles as near as I can tell.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 4:53 AM

Ack! I meant: “how come stopping the madness must start with those who don’t support Palin”?

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 4:54 AM

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 4:49 AM

If you are attacked unjustly, that is wrong. However, it does not justify the formation of and participation in a gang that is determined to “pay back” every past insult by hijacking threads through a constant stream of insults among yourselves regarding the disliked parties, followed by directly insulting these parties, then back again to insulting them among yourselves, to each other’s gleeful delight, AD NAUSEAM!

THIS is YOUR wrongdoing, independent of anything else right or wrong that others may be doing. Your personal grudge has become so out of control that entire threads are ruined, shattered. It’s miserable, sickening, it’s destroying entire threads and it’s going to stop. I take it you are Christian from you moniker. ‘Nuff said.

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 5:02 AM

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 5:02 AM

No one has formed a “gang”!..:)..And no one is destroying threads..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 5:05 AM

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 4:52 AM

I was on that thread from the start. He was talking about how haters set her church on fire with people in it, and that because there are so many deranged people out there, it behooves the more sane among us to realize that when we speak it could have some dire consequences, whether we realize it or not. It’s just the way the world is now. I did not read where he directly accused anyone of what you are saying. I did see a frenzy to run with the meme that he did, though. And I didn’t see it substantiated in what he actually wrote. I don’t think you’re relaying the story in good faith.

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 5:06 AM

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 4:54 AM

Freudian slip?…/

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 5:08 AM

Heck, the only way a Romney thread will have more that “13 posts” (portlandon, I think) is if the subject is changed…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 5:09 AM

No one has formed a “gang”!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 5:05 AM

A “crash” then…/

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 5:15 AM

tigerlily, can’t you see that what you accuse us of doing is exactly what Jenfidel, gary, et al, have been doing? And for me personally, they were the first to launch into such attacks? Ever since Day 2 of Palinmania I’ve been attacked for not supporting her (though of course I voted the GOP ticket in ’08 & would vote for her in ’12 should she be the nominee) so much so that I stopped posting almost altogether anything that was related to her. The few times over the last two years (before three weeks ago) that I stated I wasn’t a fan I was immediately accused of being a “troll with multiple handles” and had silly insults like “well that’s why she’s a woman not a ‘Girl’”. But lately there have been some good article written by pundits I like (Charen) posted here and the first time I ever said I agreed with the article, the nasty attacks began. I didn’t start them. I am only sticking up for my views. I am not going to stop defending myself just because you are ranting about “stopping the madness” and accusing “us” of throwing “feces”; if anyone’s throwing “feces” it’s blood-libel-name-calling-gary and Jen who never repsonds when she’s been shown she’s totally in the wrong with videos or links. If anyone makes a thread miserable, it’s him. I’m ot sure if it was you or another poster the other day, but someone said that in that particular thread one of the SP supporters didn’t say “X” so why did we bring it up? Each thread is not a new beginning with a fresh slate. Sorry, but we have longer memories than that. I think sometimes things get brought up in a thread from a previous thread is become some posters have made themselves jokes and it’s a snark/inside joke among those wo are part of the attacked group. It’s not a “gang” but more like a “band of sisters” (most who get the nastiest attacks happen to be female). I personally have done nothing ban-worthy so your threat of “it’s going to stop” is rather empty. As far as my Christian faith, I believe in righteous anger and sticking up for myself… kinda conservative and Founing Father-ish of me. Besides, SP fans ought to love anyone who sticks up for themselves when they are attacked. She certainly does.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 5:16 AM

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 5:06 AM

I wasn’t the onyl poster that night who took it that way from gary. There were several who were absolutely shocked by his comments.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 5:17 AM

well a good morning to you guys…./

ted c on December 21, 2010 at 5:19 AM

ted c on December 21, 2010 at 5:19 AM

And, to you…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 5:22 AM

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 5:16 AM

So you think that contrary to Christ’s words to us, you’re going to go ahead with your “long memory” and continue your vendetta, your self-justified payback? No. Not on everyone else’s time and at everyone else’s expense. There are more people reading/posting on threads than you and your gang. You have no right to continually run threads into the ground for your own personal satisfaction, because someone hurt YOUR feelings three weeks, three days or three minutes ago. How incredibly inconsiderate. How bizarre that you cannot even see that what you propose to continue is the height of nastiness and is exactly the behavior that you condemn in the others. And I think you are really offensive when you continue your blood libel smear. Really ugly. You really think this is the way to handle the problem then? Hmmm. What would Aslan say?

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 5:33 AM

ted c on December 21, 2010 at 5:19 AM

good morning ted c, man of witty brevity. I know, it’s too early for you, but my day off today has kept me up all night.

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 5:35 AM

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 5:17 AM

Yes, as I recall they were your gang members and/or gang wannabes. Hardly impartial. One gift God gave me was excellent reading comprehension. I did not see gary write any kind of “blood libel”. For you to continue to spread something so vicious is quite serious. Maybe you don’t realize it. Why don’t you just stop the drama and think about things for a while and consider how to conduct your self in the way Christ would want you to if he were watching every word you typed, which He is.

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 5:41 AM

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 5:16 AM

I’m going to try once more. Coming onto threads and initiating insults and backbiting and spoiling for a fight in payback for something that happened in the past is not the definition of defending yourself. It’s the definition of being a grudgeholder, a troublemaking fight starter who is offensive, and not on offense in a good way. You may well have been wronged, but your insulting behavior is no better than those you condemn for the same thing. And it’s certainly not even remotely similar to the way Palin handles her detractors. I don’t see her gathering a gang and harping on something or someone until everybody is about to lose their minds.

tigerlily on December 21, 2010 at 5:56 AM

-Aslan’s Girl

And just to clarify, I’m not saying that anyone you have a problem with has been impolite just that you seem to think we should all be singing “kumbaya” and not defend ourselves. The attacks are of long-standing I think, and some are sick of it. At least that’s my take on it.

Aslans Girl on December 21, 2010 at 6:06 AM