Poll of eight states: Romney trails other major presidential contenders among conservatives

posted at 6:51 pm on December 20, 2010 by Allahpundit

Actually, that’s overstating it slightly: He does okay in his pop’s home state of Michigan, and he manages to eke past Gingrich for third place in some metrics in Wisconsin, but in the other six — including bellwethers like Ohio, Missouri, and North Carolina — he’s fourth out of four. By a country mile, in some cases.

We’ve polled eight states, not including Massachusetts, since the 2010 election ended. Romney has the lowest favorability rating of the Republican top 4 with conservatives in every single one of those states except Michigan, where he probably benefits from his dad having been the Governor. And it’s not like Romney is just slightly less well liked than the others with conservatives- it’s a large gap, particularly when you compare him with Palin or Huckabee. Romney’s average favorability is 58%. Gingrich is next worst at 64%, followed by Huckabee at 73%, and Palin does best at 77%…

And because conservatives make up the lion’s share of Republican primary voters, it should come as no surprise that his issues with them are now leading to poor numbers for him overall in these early snapshots. Of the last eight states we’ve polled Romney has led in only one- Michigan- and even there he could only salvage a tie with Huckabee. Huckabee has led in four states overall with Palin ahead in three and Tim Pawlenty ahead in his home state. Romney’s average performance has been 15% with Gingrich at 16%, Palin at 20%, and Huckabee at 21%.

Palin leads the field among conservatives in all eight states, 22/21 over Huckabee, with Gingrich third at 15 percent and Romney fourth at 14 percent. Check out his numbers in Ohio, Virginia, and North Carolina, especially — bearing in mind that as Palin, Huck, and/or Newt start to fade earlier in the primaries, their conservative supporters are likely to consolidate behind whoever’s left in that group of three, making Romney’s task even more difficult.

He’ll look at those numbers and murmur to himself “McCain, McCain, McCain” as a reminder of how powerless grassroots conservatives can be to stop RINOs in a primary, but that analogy doesn’t hold. Partly because of his immigration stance and partly because of his media-friendly sanctimony towards the right, Maverick was even more widely despised by the base than Mitt is, I think, notwithstanding the latter’s health-care apostasy. But he was (more or less) acceptable anyway as a nominee given that (a) there were no conservative rock stars in the field to provide a clear contrast and (b) with Bush’s approval so low and Republicans in such disfavor, a centrist nominee could be sold as the last, best chance to hold the middle and keep the White House. In 2012, by contrast, you’ll have Palin running and (maybe) Pence and a Mike Huckabee who’s much more widely known and who’s spent two years framing himself as a hardline fiscal conservative. And you’ll have a Republican base that’s fresh off a midterm landslide and anxious to go on offense against a weakened Obama, which means they’ll be less willing to settle for a moderate deemed untrustworthy even by some centrists who might otherwise sympathize with him. The GOP hasn’t nominated a “true conservative” since Reagan (Dubya, avatar of “compassionate conservatism,” hardly qualifies despite the left’s demonization of him); many grassroots believers will be thinking, “if not now, when”? Why settle for Bob Dole when you might have a shot to nominate Goldwater?

All Mitt can do, I guess, is (a) hope that Palin’s negatives stay high and scare off GOP fencesitters on the electability question, (b) quietly lobby for GOP primaries in blue states to be winner-take-all instead of proportional, and (c) do whatever he can to make sure that states run closed primaries instead of open ones. I know that last part is counterintuitive — wouldn’t Romney benefit from centrist independents being able to vote for him? — but Democrats are so eager to face Palin in the general that I think PPP’s right about them perpetrating a little “Operation Chaos” of their own. There won’t be any Democratic contest to vote in, so if you’re a liberal who thinks Obama will walk all over Sarahcuda, why not cross over and vote for her in the GOP primary if you’re allowed?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Oh, bullshit. “My girl’s candidacy”. The point is, how many weaknesses of those other candidates have you pointed out?

ddrintn on December 21, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Plenty. I even went so far as to question Mittens business acumen. Strategically, he’s made some good moves, but that in itself isn’t the equivalent of business acumen.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 12:48 AM

So a TPaw supporter huh?

promachus

Could be. Could be a supporter of any I mentioned.

rickyricardo on December 21, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Well I hang my head in shame my first vote was for Carter. Wised up soon after.

djohn669 on December 21, 2010 at 12:45 AM

My parents voted for Ford.
The next day I informed my giddy first grade teacher that I didn’t understand how Carter could have won, since my parents hadn’t voted for him.
I was 6.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 12:49 AM

I have always been impressed with Mitt Romney. He is a very smart person, but I fear that he is not a serious candidate. He lacks the Gravitas, and the conservative experience needed to run for President. While I applaud his efforts to get moderates elected to the House and Senate, I don’t think Romney is electable.

portlandon on December 21, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Jindal has potential but he needs to go and brush up on leadership skills.

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Actually I have to disagree. I think Bobby’s leadership skills, such as they are, are very good.

His problem is he doesn’t have that fire in the belly. That little something extra that only a select few will ever have. He’s also not a solid tactician.

The reason why Palin is winning, and everyone else has to try and tear her down, rather than promote their own inferior candidate, is because she’s a natural at this. She was born with a white hot fire in her belly, and is a supreme political strategist.

She’s a natural born leader. Been doing it since she was a teen.

She makes it look too easy. I think this is why many misunderestimate her. She makes it look so easy they can’t believe she’s actually doing it.

This works to her advantage too. She uses that against her opponents. She’s taken them down before they realize she’s even started in on them.

I like Bobby Jindal a lot, but not everyone has that little extra oomph. In fact almost no one does at this level. It’s not a put down on Jindal. It’s just fact.

gary4205 on December 21, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Palinista in a nutshell.

rickyricardo on December 21, 2010 at 12:46 AM

You betcha!

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 12:50 AM

rickyricardo

Anti-palinbot in a nutshell, two can play that game.

Difference is I would vote for Palin if she was nominated.

Her nominationn would be surrendering the field to Obama, but I would vote for her none the less.

rickyricardo on December 21, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Actually, I’m proud of him. So far I haven’t seen the adjectives — idiot or troll — used…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 12:51 AM

portlandon on December 21, 2010 at 12:49 AM

oh that was good.

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Mittens? Huck?

God no.

rickyricardo on December 21, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Difference is I would vote for Palin if she was nominated.

rickyricardo on December 21, 2010 at 12:51 AM

You speak for a lot of us in the sense that though I’m not Gov. Palin’s biggest fan-if she’s the nominee I will certainly rally behind her.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 12:54 AM

alwaysfiredup on December 21, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Fair enough. Still, I think productive discussion about the pros and cons of each candidate is healthy (not the ad hominem spewed by some commenters– name starts with g…).

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Between Mittens, Huck and Palin?

How does one generate an offense when you start the inning with 3 strikes on the batter?

rickyricardo on December 21, 2010 at 12:55 AM

gary4205 on December 21, 2010 at 12:49 AM

I don’t know. I see it as not having the leadership skills to know when to turn it on that extra oomph. Leadership skills means knowing when to lead, when to fire up the troops, when to go on offense and when to hunker down and defend. Jindal has shown none of these things to be. He is right on the issues, he has passion in his beliefs he just lacks the skills needed to bring it all together. Maybe if he engaged more. Maybe he should start a facebook page and take some pointers form gov Palin….

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 12:55 AM

oh that was good.

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 12:52 AM

LOL. Yeah, how about this one:

I am a Fan of Mitt Romney, I like him, but I don’t think he is electable. He needs to study up on Conservatism and he needs to come out with policy positions. He needs to prove to the public that he can do the job.

While I really like Mitt, I just think he is Unelectable.

portlandon on December 21, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 12:51 AM

He said I was “uneducated.” Lol. I’m a college professor.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Well, this is a Romney thread, and there are plenty of weaknesses that were pointed out. When AP or Ed give us the material on other candidates, those are filled with the same.

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Very good point about bringing attention back to the title of this thread. And I think there mere debate that has taken it over concerning Palin just highlights how much of a polarizing figure she is. I know the Palin supporters here will jump all over me for saying that, but that’s okay. I cheered when she was picked as McCain’s running mate. And even though I was never a big McCain supporter, I voted for him and Palin in 2008 because I knew what Obama would mean for America. But honestly, I don’t think she has what it takes to win the presidency.

galvestonian on December 21, 2010 at 12:56 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 12:54 AM

It’s actually been pretty quite here tonight because of a notable…absence.

What?

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 12:56 AM

rickyricardo on December 21, 2010 at 12:51 AM

That’s good, because whoever wins repub nom gets my vote. What I can’t stand is hypocrisy of everybody telling Palin she should not run, but nobody else is told this. Get your guy in the primary and let the best person win.

djohn669 on December 21, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 12:51 AM

The night is early and he’s now picking his way through the comments. Give him time LOL.

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 12:57 AM

While I really like Mitt, I just think he is Unelectable.

portlandon on December 21, 2010 at 12:55 AM

lol…i liked the first one better.

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 12:57 AM

He said I was “uneducated.” Lol. I’m a college professor.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Might I ask, what subject do you teach?

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Palin said yesterday that she “feels sorry for some of her kids because their mistakes are played out on the front page of the National Enquirer which really SUCKS for them.”

So she confirms that things said about her two oldest are true.

PrezHussein on December 21, 2010 at 12:58 AM

I would go as far as saying-respectfully of course-that he’s her better.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Why is he her better?

promachus on December 21, 2010 at 12:59 AM

PrezHussein on December 21, 2010 at 12:58 AM

You are a sad man, really sad.

djohn669 on December 21, 2010 at 1:00 AM

djohn669 on December 21, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Agree 100%
The potential candidates need to either put up-or shut up.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:00 AM

portlandon on December 21, 2010 at 12:55 AM

I was an early supporter of Mitt’s. Right out of the gate I knew he was the one. With his vast knowledge of business and him saving the winter games has well as his millions to self bankroll, I thought he was the perfect candidate. But then for some reason He started to flip-flop on all the issues. I was disappointed that he couldn’t stick with a position on an issue for any length of time. After seeing Mitt “in action” over the last 2 years I am concerned he is unelectable due to his flip-flops on every issue.

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 1:02 AM

While he doesn’t have her celebrity status, Gov. Jindal- as far as conservative values, intelligence, and leadership skills go-is EVERY bit Gov. Palin’s equal.
I would go as far as saying-respectfully of course-that he’s her better.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Not even close to her. Certainly not her “better” That’s crazy talk.

Like I told Unseen, Bobby has good leadership skills, such as they are, but he doesn’t have that fire in the belly. He doesn’t have the political savvy or leadership skill that Palin has.

Her record shows that had she been Louisiana’s Governor during the oil spill she wouldn’t have waited for the idiot feds to come to the rescue.

In fact, she was telling Bobby from day one to ignore the feds, who wouldn’t let them build sand bars and so forth. She’s smart enough to know in emergencies like this you act, and ask for permission later.

I would imagine Louisiana’s coast would not have been as damaged has she been at the helm, not that Bobby didn’t do a good job, he’s just too meek. Not bold enough.

Remember, she lived through the Exxon-Valdez disaster. Also helped clean it up. She knows first hand from ground level what that was about.

It’s why as Governor she created an oil integrity board to make sure the oil companies had their act together. She was particularly hard on BP which has a lousy safety record.

So no, Bobby is not her “better” He’s a good man, a good Governor, but he simply isn’t in her league. But then again, no one else is either.

gary4205 on December 21, 2010 at 1:02 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 12:54 AM

While his posts have had too many needless adjectives, gary4205 seems to have toned down his rhetoric tonight. And, his posts generally have facts to go along with the adjectives…

PrezHussein, an ardent Romney supporter, seems to have morphed into a hit and run tabloid headline. Maybe it’s because he can’t defend his preferred candidate’s many positions as they seem to change depending upon the audience spoken to…

There are many “yeah, buts” that seem to have a problem listing much in the way of policy or ideological differences with Palin other than to put forth a form of “yeah, but” whenever her name is mentioned…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Might I ask, what subject do you teach?

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Business communication, organization and mgnt., mkt, and occasionally small bus mgnt.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:03 AM

djohn669 on December 21, 2010 at 1:00 AM

so true.

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Might I ask, what subject do you teach?

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 12:58 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:03 AM

well that explains a lot.

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Palinista in a nutshell.

rickyricardo on December 21, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Unhinged dumbass in a nutshell.

Talking point troll in a nutshell.

Should I go on?

You got nothing case you are nothing. Just a bot spewing nonsensical talking points.

gary4205 on December 21, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:02 AM

As Knuckles pointed out, the night is still young for his “adjectives.” I won’t even respond to him anymore.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:06 AM

You betcha!

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 12:50 AM

And another useless bot chimes in.

gary4205 on December 21, 2010 at 1:07 AM

I’m going to turn the tables to all the die-hard Palin supporters.

What happens if Sara Palin announces tomorrow that she’s not running.

Who then will be your choice?

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:07 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:03 AM

gary was right, you are uneducated!!!!

Gohawgs, BSBA

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 12:51 AM

He’s getting warmed up.

Unhinged dumbass in a nutshell.

Talking point troll in a nutshell.

Should I go on?

gary4205 on December 21, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:09 AM

well that explains a lot.

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Gee, unseen, I can’t wait to find out what you mean./

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Jindal or Pence if they entered.

djohn669 on December 21, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Yep, typed too soon…Although, such a response to PrezHuussein is understandable…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Gohawgs, BSBA

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Can I assume you were kidding and that you were a business major? :-)

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:12 AM

You know whats sad? Bristol airing her gossip to everyone. “I have to be happy for Levi’s new relationship because it sounds like his new girlfriend is influencing him to want to actually spend time with Tripp,” she told E! News. “I sincerely appreciate her influence because [Levi] hasn’t asked to see Tripp in over five months.”

PrezHussein on December 21, 2010 at 1:12 AM

I’m going to turn the tables to all the die-hard Palin supporters.

What happens if Sara Palin announces tomorrow that she’s not running.

Who then will be your choice?

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:07 AM

I guess i would have to wait for the debates and see which scum rises to the top since they are all basically the same cutout carbon copy of each other. It doesn’t matter much to me which Rino wins the nomination. hopefully if Palin doesn’t run a real conservative will get into the race.

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:07 AM

From the names being tossed around…

In a primary? Not Huck or Mitt or Christie or TPaw…

In the General? Whoever is listed opposite of the obamanation…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:13 AM

PrezHussein on December 21, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Sorry your guy don’t poll well, get a grip dude. I think he got to be drunk.

djohn669 on December 21, 2010 at 1:14 AM

PrezHussein on December 21, 2010 at 1:12 AM

hmm that isn’t gossip.

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 1:14 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Yep…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Allah wants you to be in a focus group for the new Jimmy Carter AutoAd?..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Jindal or Pence if they entered.

djohn669 on December 21, 2010 at 1:10 AM

I think that’s the first time I’ve read an alternative preference from a Palin supporter. Cool. If Palin wins the primary, I’ll vote for her, as I think most of the commenters here who support other candidates would.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:11 AM

The response was to “rickyricardo”

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:15 AM

I don’t think AP would appreciate the “focus” that I would bring to the group…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:18 AM

Jindal or Pence if they entered.

djohn669 on December 21, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Thank you for an unadulterated, snark free answer.

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:18 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:15 AM

I agree!..Whoever wins the Republican primary will get my vote..I was a Fredhead in 2008 and voted for McCain in general..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:19 AM

The response was to “rickyricardo”

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:16 AM

I knew that…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Gee, unseen, I can’t wait to find out what you mean./

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:09 AM

nothing bad. Just expalins why you think the way you do. you place more emphasis on formal education it seems in your posts and downplay other types of education. your emphasis on tpyos pointing out other’s mistakes comes from a teaching mindset…..

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Yep…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:14 AM

What would be really funny is if we found out you were one of my students…

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:19 AM

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Well of course, you are right there.

He has leadership skills, just not first tier. Few do though.

Hell even many of our Presidents have lacked real
leadership skills. Not even counting the disaster we have now.

As I told the kid, Sarah Palin wouldn’t have allowed what went on down on the Gulf to stand, had she been Governor. She was telling Bobby daily to ignore the Obama regime and get out there and keep that oil from hitting the coast.

I have no doubt in my mind she would have pressed every sea worthy boat and every able bodied seaman into service on day one. She’d have told the feds to pound sand.

I can’t comment on oil well safety, because I don’t know if the state has any jurisdiction that far out. I do know this, if it was her call, she would have never let BP drill in that deep water to start with. She knows better.

Of course, this is where experience, mated to superior leadership skills make the difference between a good leader and a great leader.

These anti-Palin loons remind me of a bunch of girls. Girls jealous of the prettiest, most popular girl.

They’ve hitched their hopes to some loser, and rather than admit it and come on board, they have to try and tear the winner down.

At this point it’s becoming comical. I mean how can you even take them seriously any more. You certainly can’t respect them.

gary4205 on December 21, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:19 AM

That was Fred!head…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:20 AM

The response was to “rickyricardo”

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Its hard to tell you antipalinbots apart at times.

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Why is he her better?

promachus on December 21, 2010 at 12:59 AM

IMHO: He’s not over-exposed(She’s EVERYWHERE and that’s giving some of us a major case of ‘Palin fatigue’), with his time working in the administration of-I’m going to say GWB’s–, his time in congress, and his time as gov. of Louisiana he has more political experience.Also His family life isn’t a 3 ring circus so the press won’t be able to have a field day with it.
When Gov. Palin speaks it becomes about ‘Gov.Palin’.
That certainly isn’t entirely her fault-but due to her celebrity status she’s somewhat culpable.
Gov. Jindal is a soft-spoken nerd. He doesn’t a larger than life persona because his leadership ability speaks for him.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:20 AM

I don’t think AP would appreciate the “focus” that I would bring to the group…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:18 AM

LOL!..I don’t think he would like anybody’s..That AutoAd went over like a lead balloon..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:20 AM

That was Fred!head…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Was you a Fred!head?..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:21 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Did you teach at the UofA?

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:21 AM

Was you a Fred!head?..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:21 AM

I was…and I’m still peeved that I can’t convince Fred to adopt me.
*whine*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:22 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Just so you know I like Jindal, but I guarantee that if he wins repub nom. We be hearing vodoo crap out the LSM mouth the next day.

djohn669 on December 21, 2010 at 1:22 AM

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 1:19 AM

I think you misunderstand me, unseen. Actually, I think experiential wisdom is equally important. I’m also unaware of when I downplayed other types of ed or pointed out any typos. I’ve certainly made my fair share of typos on these threads!

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Was you a Fred!head?..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:21 AM

I was, though I never could cotton to his position concerning not wearing socks in public…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:24 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:22 AM

I hear you!..I just wish Fred could have got a little more fire early on..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:24 AM

I’ve certainly made my fair share of typos on these threads!

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:23 AM

maybe I was thinking of another poster….sry if I got you two confused..

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 1:24 AM

djohn669 on December 21, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Oh I believe it.

I was trying to comment in a way that didn’t seem disrespectful to Gov. Palin while still getting my opinion across.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:26 AM

well calling it a night…have fun

unseen on December 21, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Did you teach at the UofA?

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:21 AM

Nope. Well here, we get to teach each other. That’s one of the reasons I really like HA.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:26 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:20 AM

That was some pretty good stuff there, girlfriend. That “3-ring circus” comment ain’t gonna over too well in this crowd.

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:24 AM

I like his wife also..Probaly more conservative than Fred!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Night, unseen.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Now that right there is funny…..

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Aspies tend to have a low tolerance for BS-for that reason we tend to call things as we see them.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:29 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:03 AM

You realize being a professor isn’t exactly a selling point these days, right? :-)

The thing is, you might be quite good in your area of expertise (or you may be educated well above your level of intelligence, who knows) But that still doesn’t mean you know squat about Sarah Palin. Or politics.

In fact, from where I sit you are quite uneducated about both Palin and politics.

If you spend some time being better informed you’ll see why you are getting grief from those of us who already are.

The good news is there is a simple cure for ignorance, and it’s knowledge. You obviously have the ability to learn, now just use that ability wisely and get back to us.

gary4205 on December 21, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:26 AM

If they don’t like it they can go post over at Red State..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:30 AM

I like his wife also..Probaly more conservative than Fred!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:27 AM

That’s probably why annoyinglittletwerp hasn’t been adopted…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:31 AM

That’s probably why annoyinglittletwerp hasn’t been adopted…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:31 AM

You may have a point!..LOL!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:33 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 12:56 AM

I just read this comment– LOL

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:34 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:34 AM

You have made some good posts on this thread!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:38 AM

I’m going to turn the tables to all the die-hard Palin supporters.

What happens if Sara Palin announces tomorrow that she’s not running.

Who then will be your choice?

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Don’t know about this “Sara Plain” you speak of. Never heard of her.

As far as SARAH Palin, hate to disappoint you, but she’s running. Get over it.

However, just to play your game, if she did say that, I’d be in Austin the next day. You’d see a draft Rick Perry movement so fast it’d make your tiny little head spin.

I wouldn’t vote for Rick over SARAH, but I’d certainly trust him over everyone else if she wasn’t running.

As it is, there is ALREADY a draft Rick Perry movement out there. As Sarah’s VP.

gary4205 on December 21, 2010 at 1:39 AM

gary4205 on December 21, 2010 at 1:30 AM

And, you may need emergency psychotherapy, bub.

You are a disgrace to all things Palin. If she knew you, she’d likely hate your vile vitriolic guts. This I do know.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:40 AM

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Jeri(born in 1966) is almost exactly 4 years older than I am. Fred(1942) is 6 weeks younger than my late father.
My husband is 11 years my senior and there’s a bit of a generation gap.
Fred’s old enough to have a child Jeri’s age.
Wow.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:42 AM

You have made some good posts on this thread!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:38 AM

anXdem:
We’re your greatest fans.
(Ever seen ‘Misery’? *wink*)

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:44 AM

gary4205 on December 21, 2010 at 1:30 AM

You arrogant, think you know all, POS. Who in the heck do you think you are to rip someone like that??

You are nuts.

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:44 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Maybe Bob Dole gave Fred! some “samples”…

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:45 AM

You have made some good posts on this thread!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:38 AM

Why thanks, Dire. You are always a pleasure to chat with, and there have been some productive discussions tonight. It’s tremendously cool when comments aren’t chock full of venom and bile, isn’t it?

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:46 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Yes she is a waaay younger than Fred..But I believe she has always been a Republican and as I said probaly more conservative than Fred..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:46 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:46 AM

We know who the good…gals are.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:47 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:46 AM

She wore him out. That’s why he ran a bad campaign.

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:48 AM

anXdem:
We’re your greatest fans.
(Ever seen ‘Misery’? *wink*)

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Oh my. I have seen Misery. Does this mean we need to break some legs?? Girl, make it so.

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Gohawgs on December 21, 2010 at 1:45 AM

LOL!..I am definitely nominating you for the Jimmy Carter AutoAd study group!..:)

Dire Straits on December 21, 2010 at 1:50 AM

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:48 AM

I’ve been working on it-but I’m so sweet and courteous that no one will take the bait…well almost no one.
Btw: Where is she?

annoyinglittletwerp on December 21, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Knucklehead on December 21, 2010 at 1:44 AM

You are a heroines’s heroine. Talkin’ fabulous woman here, not smack!

anXdem on December 21, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Unhinged dumbass in a nutshell.

Talking point troll in a nutshell.

Should I go on?

gary4205 on December 21, 2010 at 1:06 AM

garywouldloveto69sarah is a raving example of pure, unadulterated douchebaggery.

rickyricardo on December 21, 2010 at 1:51 AM