Video: The 12 Days of “Winter”

posted at 5:00 pm on December 12, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

We’re less than two weeks from Christmas, so why not toss out a holiday-wars post? This one comes from The Heidi Harris Show on Las Vegas’ KDWN, and it’s pretty amusing. Instead of entirely skewering the war on Christmas, Heidi attacks overall political correctness. I’m generally not all that concerned about the war on Christmas, mainly because Christmas is winning, but the point about tolerance for thee but not for me is evergreen, after all. Why is “tolerance” somehow limited to everything but expressions of Christian faith?

Comments

Maybe he did, but since America has never been a “Saturnalian” nation, we don’t care.

Squiggy on December 13, 2010 at 11:06 AM

But Saturnalia is at the bedrock of our Western Civilization!

DarkCurrent on December 13, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Kinda, but we effectively stole it. That’s like saying America is for American Indians (or Native Americans if you prefer). It was, but we took it.

So, these days, Jesus and Santa are the reason for the season.

Esthier on December 13, 2010 at 12:46 PM

And by that logic we have no reason to complain if traditions are ‘stolen’ from us.

As long as Christians celebrate Christmas it will endure.

DarkCurrent on December 13, 2010 at 2:41 PM

As long as Christiansanybody celebrate Christmas it will endure.

DarkCurrent on December 13, 2010 at 2:41 PM

deewhybee on December 13, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I just spent a five day road (airlines) trip up and down our left coast, Burbank, Portland, Seattle. I commented to the shuttle bus driver at 10pm last night, in the parking lot, – I don’t think I heard one Christmas Carol or bit of Christmas Music the entire trip. Where’s the Christmas Music?

We’re losing ground at a rapid clip. At least out here, in Lefty Land.

At least my boss did a nice thing at an impromptu employee dinner – we sang God Bless America!

Jimmy Doolittle on December 13, 2010 at 5:37 PM