Poll: 51% believe they are worse off than two years ago

posted at 8:48 am on December 9, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

In 1980, Ronald Reagan framed the presidential race by asking voters whether they were better off than four years earlier.  Ever since, that has become a gold-standard question for pollsters — even when they disagree with the results.  That seems to be the case with the latest Bloomberg poll, which finds a majority saying that their personal situation is worse than two years ago while Bloomberg tries spinning it as ignorance:

More than 50 percent of Americans say they are worse off now than they were two years ago when President Barack Obama took office, and two-thirds believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, a Bloomberg National Poll shows.

The survey, conducted Dec. 4-7, finds that 51 percent of respondents think their situation has deteriorated, compared with 35 percent who say they’re doing better. The balance isn’t sure. Americans have grown more downbeat about the country’s future in just the last couple of months, the poll shows. The pessimism cuts across political parties and age groups, and is common to both sexes. …

Sixty-six percent say the nation is headed in the wrong direction. That’s up from 62 percent who felt that way in an October poll and is the worst reading since the Bloomberg National Poll began in September 2009.

Towards the end, Bloomberg trots out the “Obama inherited an economy in deep crisis” line, as well as noting the rebound of the stock market, with the S&P up 50% since Obama took office.  The DJIA was right at 8000 when Obama took office; it’s now above 11,300, which is about 40% higher.  Both increases reflect a rebound in valuation after the crisis passed — mainly through the TARP interventions that took place before Obama took office.  Some of the rebound, though, reflects the weaker dollar that resulted from massive borrowing in the Obama administration as well as TARP before it, and the nature of the crisis itself.

Bloomberg also notes that Reagan’s post-midterm results were worse on the same question, which the press reported with glee at the time.  They saw it as a petard-hoisting moment, and they would have been right — had Reagan not laid the groundwork for an end to the stagflation of the 1970s and the beginning of the greatest economic expansion in modern American history.  By the end of 1982, most of the stagflation poison had been worked out of the system, and Reagan’s pro-growth policies had already begun to spark real growth unhindered by inflation.  In 2010, even the Fed says that we’re years away from any significant net job creation.

This time, most people seem to realize that Obama hasn’t made things any better, and in fact has made them worse, based on their own experience.  That won’t change with just a little hope & change rhetoric, and if it takes 4-5 years before things start to improve on employment under current economic policies, Obama won’t be in office to see it.

Note: Bloomberg supposedly offers the “methodology” of the poll, but it includes no data on the sample.  Bloomberg’s report references how these trends cut across gender and party lines, but its data offers none of the evidence for it.  I’d like to see the composition of the sample on party affiliation, gender, and region.

Comments

I’m flabbergasted its only 51%

james23 on December 9, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Well DUH!

gophergirl on December 9, 2010 at 8:53 AM

ONLY 51%?!!!

I think they need to rerun this survey. The numbers have to be higher than reported!

pilamaye on December 9, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Absolutely true in my case.

NaCly dog on December 9, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Count it!

GnuBreed on December 9, 2010 at 8:57 AM

For my family, we are worse off than we have ever been in my adult life. Even the 70′s are now bringing back fond memories. We’re eating hamburgers and hot dogs. I hope BigChelle doesn’t find out or they’ll confiscate that too.

I wish he’d resign.

Key West Reader on December 9, 2010 at 8:58 AM

On top of everything else, Obama’s new moratorium on drilling has caused my local gas price to go up $.16 in the last two days.

chewydog on December 9, 2010 at 8:59 AM

pilamaye on December 9, 2010 at 8:53 AM

I’d like to see how the questions are phrased.

ladyingray on December 9, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Of course, they pinned it on W….

cmsinaz on December 9, 2010 at 9:00 AM

I actually would’ve answered the question “yes”. The wife and I are better off than we were 2 years ago. But we’re also blessed to live in Texas where the economy is relatively stable, own a home in Katy where the cost of living is dirt cheap, and both have steady employment.

Plus we’ve also been extremely frugal the last few years. We haven’t taken a vacation in a year and a half. We’ve paid off all our debt. And we’ve kept our expensive purchases limited to essential stuff.

Doughboy on December 9, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Hope and Change is here!

Good Lt on December 9, 2010 at 9:02 AM

“I’m flabbergasted its only 51%”

You have to understand something…

This mans base is maniacal to a point where even if unemployment was at 14%, he would probably only be in the low 40′s approval wise, and his minions would truly believe the country was in a better place.

The young (and thus dumb) soak his words and rhetoric up like a sponge. In addition, the man has the BLIND approval of over 90% of African Americans (sadly because he is black, and for nothing of real substance outside his skin color, which is both racist and very saddening in its own way).

Given the strength of that base, we should be happy that at the very least just over half the country is waking up from a deep stuper and realizes “hey… things are not that great around here. In fact… they’re worst!”

The fact this poll from Bloomberg (which just a day ago said far more people opposed the tax cut deal then supported it, which goes in direct opposition to the Gallup poll we saw where 2/3 of Americans supported it) shows the result it does is encouraging for those of us who are praying for REAL change come November of 2012.

Indy82 on December 9, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Can a President be impeached for TREASON?

Isn’t that what the Left wanted to do to BUSH43?

PappyD61 on December 9, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Bloomberg trots out the “Obama inherited an economy in deep crisis” line,

Obama “inherited” the economic crisis in the same way an obese guy who has spent a lifetime bingeing on Big Macs and deep-fried Twinkies “inherited” his weight problem.

Before becoming a U.S. Senator and pushing for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to lower lending standards and force U.S. taxpayers to be on the hook for millions of ever more risky mortgage loans, Barry Obama was a race-baiting lawyer (and former ACORN trainer) who used the CRA to sue banks for failing to make mortgage loans to would-be borrowers who were lousy credit risks.

Barry didn’t “inherit” the disastrous economy resulting from the bursting of the housing bubble; he was one of the fools who, for many years, actively worked to create it.

AZCoyote on December 9, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Sucks so bad it blows.

tree hugging sister on December 9, 2010 at 9:04 AM

No way this number is only 51%; no way. I don’t know of one single case of a person being better off than that of two years ago on terms of personal finances, confidence in the future, confidence in government, confidence in the American Dream….

Keemo on December 9, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Actually up here, we are much better off than before.
But that’s bcs my hubby’s working his tail off driving commercial truck.
Hard work still pays I guess, though less than it used to.

Badger40 on December 9, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Ode to America…………..

While I attended the soccer game and worried about going thru drive thru afterwards….

…PROGRESSIVES STOLE THE REPUBLIC.

PappyD61 on December 9, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Absolutely true in my case.

NaCly dog on December 9, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Same here. Credit card debt has increased as I’ve had to get my vehicle fixed & my employer stiffed me on my promotion and raise.

rbj on December 9, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I know we are worse off than we were two years ago. I now hate grocery shopping and we have at least 2 meatless days a week, bean soup will last a few days and will warm you up on cold days. Its funny the things I use to think were can’t live without are now luxury’s.

Cookies Mom on December 9, 2010 at 9:07 AM

rbj on December 9, 2010 at 9:06 AM

That is one area in which I’m not much better off than 2 years ago: my salary. I got a meager cost of living pay raise last year(which I believe was 1.5%), but this year nothing. Hell, they didn’t even bother sending us an e-mail or memo telling us there’d be no raise.

I’m grateful to have a job though, so obviously I haven’t raised a stink about it. But I have a hard time believing if we didn’t have an incompetent President and Congress, that I wouldn’t have seen a bigger bump in pay since 2008.

Doughboy on December 9, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Key West Reader on December 9, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Me too. I was making 80-120k a year before, and now I make around 30k.
I am also doing a whole lot more volunteerism as there is a definite need for it. Every Friday, we pass out outdated but usable fresh produce and day-old bread and pastries at 24th & Leavenworth (a distressed area here in town) to the poor. We volunteers also reap the benefits of this, so I haven’t had to buy produce or bread items for a couple years.

OmahaConservative on December 9, 2010 at 9:11 AM

OmahaConservative on December 9, 2010 at 9:11 AM

I also take whatever overtime is offered and volunteer to work holidays.

OmahaConservative on December 9, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Technically, I am not worse off, but that is only because I paid off all of my non-mortgage debt, sold my house, and bought a less expensive one.

Vashta.Nerada on December 9, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Redistribution of wealth has been in full force for the past two years now. Nuff said…

Take the wealth from Americans at every level and spread it around the world. Unions might think they are better off now than before, but this is temporary for them also.

Keemo on December 9, 2010 at 9:16 AM

This is a court martial that will happen in five days. It’s LTC Latkin (remember he doesn’t want to deploy b/c he does not believe Obama is an American.)

News or not news, this has not gotten the attention. If I get banned for this, I apologize to all of you, my intentions are honest. He’s a member of our military and deserves to be heard, regardless of what other people believe.

He’s older than I thought…

Oh and yes, things have gotten worse, but because I am a housewife food prices are going up. 20 items in my groc cart amount to a lot of money.

ProudPalinFan on December 9, 2010 at 9:19 AM

DREAM will take care of voter dissatisfaction with the Dems.

The Mega Independent on December 9, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Sorry I misspelled it’s LTC Terry Lakin. If I am ban-worthy pls post it here so I am prepared. :(

ProudPalinFan on December 9, 2010 at 9:21 AM

The price of arugula & kobe beef is an outrage! Thanks barry.

BHO Jonestown on December 9, 2010 at 9:22 AM

ProudPalinFan on December 9, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Why would you get banned for posting that? Allah and Ed are classy and reasonable people.

Keemo on December 9, 2010 at 9:23 AM

49% haven’t a clue

Bevan on December 9, 2010 at 9:26 AM

100% Intentional.

Flyboy on December 9, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Yeah, we are worse off, I don’t know anyone who isn’t. We still have our job, but no raise in 2 yrs, while cost of living keeps going up and up.

tinkerthinker on December 9, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Let’s think about this:

8% – the highest BHO said would reach with the spendulus bill;

250,000 – 500,000 – the number of jobs per month “Crazy” Joe Biden would be created in a speech in April 2010;

3 million – the numbers of jobs ‘saved or created’ by the spendulus, according to this regime;

Everything’s coming up depression!

madmonkphotog on December 9, 2010 at 9:29 AM

The only answer to this imbalance is to raise taxes on the wealthy. The rich have far too much money and the middle class is getting the shaft. And the rich don’t pay their fair share. The government should take more money from the rich, (and those greedy corporations), to pay for our education, our healthcare needs, and a permanent unemployment check so we can sit on our @sses until the government provides us with guaranteed job security and union benefits. Any fool would know this.

Rovin on December 9, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I mean, 48% knew they’d be worse off under Maobama before he even took office. So after two years of deep recession and Euro style unemployment, and the number is up only 3 % pts? If that is right, we are sunk.

james23 on December 9, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Hm. Not true for me, or most of my family members. This isn’t too bad a stat though, considering he came into office at the very beginning of the crisis.

crr6 on December 9, 2010 at 9:37 AM

This Bloomberg poll is owned by Michael Bloomberg
The same New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg who advocates for open borders.

Michael Bloomberg
Political party Democratic (until 2001)
Republican (2001–2007)
Independent (2007–present)

Paging Charlie Crist!!!!

Rovin on December 9, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Well, some enterprising GOP candidate will seize on that in 2012. ;o)

I’m like Doughboy. But for the fact that I live in a place where the cost of living is low and I’ve paid off my debt, I’d be in a world of hurt right now. When I graduated from college in 1992, it was tough finding a job, but it wasn’t impossible and things turned around pretty quickly. Ditto after the dot com bust. It is absolutely criminal that we’re three years out from the start of this recession and the unemployment numbers have barely budged. Until that starts to change, nothing else (like the housing market) will improve either.

Liberalism is truly a mental disease. I don’t know how else it’s possible to be so devoid of common sense.

NoLeftTurn on December 9, 2010 at 9:39 AM

35% say they’re BETTER off???

Well…the Union bosses are better off, and the Obama Apostles who still worship him would say they are “better off” even if their skin was being ripped off by Obama himself using needle-nose pliers. But 35%??

Justrand on December 9, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Rovin on December 9, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Yep. Methinks the numbers are a wee bit stilted.

kingsjester on December 9, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Count me in as one who thinks it’s higher than 51%…even my students are talking about the economy and how it sucks, which means they’ve been hearing it from their parents, and aren’t getting some of the things they want.

Feature, not bug, sez I.

Bob's Kid on December 9, 2010 at 9:42 AM

crr6 on December 9, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Head buried in sand…

Keemo on December 9, 2010 at 9:43 AM

crr6 on December 9, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I wasn’t aware O’bama took office in November of 2007.

Del Dolemonte on December 9, 2010 at 9:49 AM

I was gonna buy a tin of Altoids, and I almost fainted that it was almost $2.50. I dunno was its price used to be, but that’s a tad too much for mints.

Ever since our family made a trip to NYC and went into the ginormous M&M’s store in Times Square, after we bought our chocolates the cashier told Mr. PPF in advance that chocolate was gonna go up in price-they were in plans to raise the price on everything in the store.

That was a year and a half ago; I like the Peanuts and I cringe every time I want to treat myself to a bag at checkout.

ProudPalinFan on December 9, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Head buried in sand…

Keemo on December 9, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Most “liberals” have absolutely no idea what’s coming. Things are about to get much worse and Obama’s spent two years getting everything in place so when the bottom falls out guess who’ll step in to save the day?

darwin on December 9, 2010 at 9:51 AM

ProudPalinFan on December 9, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Keemo on December 9, 2010 at 9:23 AM

I am being overtly cautions; for example, Tapper won’t speak to anybody about this issue , and I don’t know how our dynamic duo at HotAir personally feel about it.

It’s gonna be news anyway when he gets court martialed, and I expect protesters outside.

ProudPalinFan on December 9, 2010 at 9:52 AM

OmahaConservative on December 9, 2010 at 9:11 AM

We do a lot of trade on work.
Like my husband helps pay off his chemical spray bill by trucking the guy’s wheat etc.
It costs us fuel, yeah, but we are paying off deby without having to come up with cash.
I bet a lot of people are doing this.

Badger40 on December 9, 2010 at 9:54 AM

crr6 on December 9, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Head buried in sand…

Keemo on December 9, 2010 at 9:43 AM

..crr6′s head buried where sun doesn’t shine.

The War Planner on December 9, 2010 at 9:56 AM

I have seen coffee,creal,and other staples going up around here also laundry soap has gone way up so I started making my own that saves some money I havent found a way to make my own T-paper the Sear catalog is not around any more.LOL

Cookies Mom on December 9, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I have a friend that works driving a school bus for one of the richest counties in the country. She is seeing a lot of pressure on hours worked.

Fairfax County is mistreating some employees as a shortsighted path to reduce costs by lowering the number of employees.
I believe the basis for reducing head-count is this: Tax basis for local governments crumbling
Even Fairfax County is feeling the pinch. The county gets much of it’s revenue from real estate taxes. The usual one-time only financial tricks have been played this year, and there are limited reserves.

There must be incredible, yet unseen, pressure to cut spending in the school budget, which is 50% of the total budget. Teachers and administrators will not cut because their union dues are a slush fund for Democratic politicians, and the teachers/administrators are 80-90% Democratic voters.

This is before you factor in the certain rise in fuel costs.
My prediction is that the low-sulfur diesel will be over 4 dollars a gallon by the end of the school year. Here are some reasons:

– Diesel costs more than gasoline.
– Since the Clinton administration, diesel has been taxed more than the equivalent amount of gasoline.
– Refineries extract gasoline and diesel from the same barrel of oil at a ratio of 2 parts gasoline for every part of diesel.
– The ratio above is hard to change quickly, for a number of chemical and chemical engineering reasons I’ll skip for you.
– The new standard of ultra-low sulfur diesel is harder to make than the previous diesel mixtures.
The policy that is hurting employees is stupid, but that’s not unusual for politicians today.

NaCly dog on December 9, 2010 at 9:58 AM

We are holding on, but next year is already looking a bit scary. Also, 2 adult kids have moved home due to hours being cut and they are showing no signs of leaving. We are supplementing 2 other adult kids to keep them in their apartments but have put them on notice that we may not be able to continue to next year.

Fallon on December 9, 2010 at 9:58 AM

sorry that was Cereal not creal

Cookies Mom on December 9, 2010 at 9:58 AM

If Dems keep shoving crappy legislation up our collective arses….things will keep getting worse. Watch that number rise…and see the ignorance grow.

Bloomberg is like the rest. Dishonest!

capejasmine on December 9, 2010 at 9:59 AM

– Diesel costs more than gasoline.

NaCly dog on December 9, 2010 at 9:58 AM

The CAFE standards that basically require low-sulfur diesel to be produced have produced an unintended consequence I’ve mentioned here on HA before: it allows algae to grow in fuel tanks.
This has greatly increased the cost of trucking.
Plus, the fuel refineries have had to upgrade their facilities to produce it.
I know the Tesoro Mandan refinery in ND had to upgrade to make the stuff.
Also, these new diesel fuels make an engine run like total crap in cold weather.
Those of us who live in the bone a$$ cold places, like ND & AK etc are cursing this $hit every winter.
The crap keeps gelling up.
It’s despicable.

Badger40 on December 9, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Can a President be impeached for TREASON?
Isn’t that what the Left wanted to do to BUSH43?
PappyD61 on December 9, 2010 at 9:04 AM

No, in this day and age you can only be impeached for a blowjob.

LODGE4 on December 9, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Note: Bloomberg supposedly offers the “methodology” of the poll, but it includes no data on the sample. Bloomberg’s report references how these trends cut across gender and party lines, but its data offers none of the evidence for it.

Media malpractice. They clearly have the data, but have decided not to publish it. Maybe they think we are too stupid to understand it – or they have something to hide.

I guess they also think we’re too stupid to understand that the unemployment rate of 6.7% in Novemember of 2008 is somehow worse than the 9.8% unemployment rate we have now.

forest on December 9, 2010 at 10:08 AM

NaCly dog on December 9, 2010 at 9:58 AM

I thought this diesel forum was interesting bcs it’s talking about all kinds of people who are having algae probs in their fuel, like with fishing boats & stuff.
This problem has not gotten the attention it should.
We need to go back to sulfur diesel.

Badger40 on December 9, 2010 at 10:09 AM

No, in this day and age you can only be impeached for a blowjob.

LODGE4 on December 9, 2010 at 10:04 AM

And you still get to stay in office!
What a rotten country we have become to let that happen.
I am still disgusted with the GOP over that.

Badger40 on December 9, 2010 at 10:10 AM

49% are getting money from Obama’s stash.

John Deaux on December 9, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Obama’s Footprints

Poll: 51% believe they are worse off than two years ago

“Those were the two years that I carried you”-Obamassiah

rihar on December 9, 2010 at 10:26 AM

I know I’m gonna be worse off when they cancel The Good Guys

Iblis on December 9, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Keep voting democrat, losers.

Keep defending democrats, crrrrrrrrrrrrr6s, losers.

And by losers, I mean crr6.

Inanemergencydial on December 9, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Towards the end, Bloomberg trots out the “Obama inherited an economy in deep crisis” line, as well as noting the rebound of the stock market, with the S&P up 50% since Obama took office. The DJIA was right at 8000 when Obama took office; it’s now above 11,300, which is about 40% higher. Both increases reflect a rebound in valuation after the crisis passed — mainly through the TARP interventions that took place before Obama took office.

This lazy meme is really annoying.

We’re still neck deep in the financial crisis. Nothing has “passed”. If mark to market accounting rules were implemented again, virtually all of the major financial institutions that were supposedly “saved” back in march of 2009 would be insolvent overnight.

Mike Honcho on December 9, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Mike Honcho on December 9, 2010 at 10:46 AM

What anti-mark to market measures have been passed to assuage the onslaught?

Inanemergencydial on December 9, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Those 35% probably work for the Government, who get their money from the 51%.

Steve Z on December 9, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Inanemergencydial,

What anti-mark to market measures have been passed to assuage the onslaught?

Mark to market accounting rules were officially suspended back in April 2009.

Mike Honcho on December 9, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Those 35% probably work for the Government, who get their money from the 51%.

Steve Z on December 9, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Nicely put.

Badger40 on December 9, 2010 at 11:05 AM

I’m flabbergasted its only 51%

james23 on December 9, 2010 at 8:52 AM

ONLY 51%?!!!

pilamaye on December 9, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Keemo on December 9, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I suspect that the poll was taken from a population consisting of the “Left Wing Lie of the Day” FAX clerks in the NYT reprintroom (formerly ‘newsroom’).

Anywhere else in America, the true number (even among Democrats) has got to be well over 80%!!!

landlines on December 9, 2010 at 11:40 AM

crr6 on December 9, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Head buried in sand…

Keemo on December 9, 2010 at 9:43 AM

..crr6′s head buried where sun doesn’t shine.

The War Planner on December 9, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Are you better off today than you were 2 years ago?

ted c on November 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Yep.

crr6 on November 1, 2010 at 2:54 PM

If crr6 and her parents crr1 and crr2 are better off today than they were 2 years ago, how come she needs to get financial assistance to learn how to be a Leftist paralegal? She told us she was getting such assistance.

Del Dolemonte on December 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Wait until everyone starts finding out how ObamaCare impacts their insurance during Open Enrollment.

Well, among the employed, anyway.

stevezilla on December 9, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Del Dolemonte on December 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Listen-she’s so intelligent that the world cannot do without her. We OWE it to ourselves to pay for her to learn so that she can be our genius savior of the future.
OK. That was mean of me. But you reap what you sow.

Badger40 on December 9, 2010 at 1:59 PM

crr6 on December 9, 2010 at 9:37 AM

And Obama took that “crisis” and turned it into a full-blown depression. We had a silly little 6.5% unemployment when he was elected, and he’s taken it to 9.8% (officially, 18% in reality). Food has zoomed up more than twenty-five percent in the last ten months. Also, when Baracky was elected gasoline was running less than a dollar and a half. Now it’s three bucks and zooming higher. I’d say Obama has done one hell of a job, wouldn’t you?

I want to give credit where credit is due, so we have to come up with a name for this little “situation” we’re in. Is “the Obama Depression” too highbrow for you?

Squiggy on December 9, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Are you better off today than you were 2 years ago?

ted c on November 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Dude, she’s a full-time student. What do you think she knows about the real world?

NoLeftTurn on December 9, 2010 at 7:35 PM

NoLeftTurn on December 9, 2010 at 7:35 PM

That’d normally be a fair point, and it’d be pointless for me to answer that question a year ago. But I went through on-campus interviewing for summer associate positions last August, and so I saw first-hand how things have improved since 2008 or so.

I definitely would have gotten a good job had I went to school 2 years earlier, but I probably would have gotten as good a job. And I have Obama’s economic policy to thank for that, to a certain extent. Most V100 firms have upped their summer classes by 10-20%. Several of the V10′s have doubled their class sizes.

crr6 on December 9, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I definitely would have gotten a good job had I went to school 2 years earlier, but I probably would not have gotten as good a job

crr6 on December 9, 2010 at 9:21 PM

crr6 on December 9, 2010 at 9:21 PM

So all these “extensions of unemployment benefits” are unnecessary? You’re saying people without jobs for two years are lazy sacks of crap, aren’t you?

Squiggy on December 10, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Squiggy on December 10, 2010 at 9:02 AM

No, not at all. I’m just saying things are better than they were two years ago. At least in the legal sector. They’re still not good, of course.

crr6 on December 10, 2010 at 9:57 AM

crr6 on December 10, 2010 at 9:57 AM

The “legal sector”? That’s cool. I’m sure the average American is happy that lawyers are doing well. After all, the eighteen percent of Americans out of work are mostly lazy bums anyway. Maybe they can sue somebody and bring back the good times.

Squiggy on December 10, 2010 at 11:17 AM