Oh my: House Dem drops F-bomb on Obama at caucus meeting on tax cuts

posted at 5:57 pm on December 9, 2010 by Allahpundit

I join with Ace in condemning this shocking example of extremist hatemongering incivility.

Seriously, though, look at it this way: If we had a parliamentary system, The One would be packing his bags by now.

The frustration with President Barack Obama over his tax cut compromise was palpable and even profane at Thursday’s House Democratic Caucus meeting.

One unidentified lawmaker went so far as to mutter “f— the president” while Rep. Shelley Berkley was defending the package the president negotiated with Republicans. Berkley confirmed the incident, although she declined to name the specific lawmaker…

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (N.Y.) was also overheard saying that “we can’t trust him” not to cave to Republicans and extend the tax cuts again in two years, according to a Democratic source.

Note to GOP oppo researchers: Kindly flag that last paragraph for use later on, because we all know that once Campaign 2012 starts rolling and the left decides that the GOP nominee is The New Hitler, they’ll clamor to insist that Obama really, truly, absolutely can be trusted to fight for tax hikes on the rich come 2013. In the meantime, since Drudge is fronting this story, we can expect another hundred dopey stories tomorrow about whether the left might conceivably muster a primary challenge to him after all. Answer: Nope, which was the same answer the last thousand times that question was posed, but let’s not let that deter a good news cycle. Don’t believe me? Well, check out who’s just thrown his hat in the ring for the Democratic nomination, replete with calls for a new 9/11 investigation. That’s how serious the “primary” movement is.

Here’s Rep. Jay Inslee, caught by CNN in the midst of a daydream about how the left’s caucus tantrum is somehow going to derail this deal. Hey, Jay? Even Barney Frank wants Pelosi to bring it to the floor. Presidential prestige is on the line here, and like it or not, much of the Democrats’ remaining prestige depends on Obama’s. Especially since they’re not going to do better than this deal with Boehner about to take over and they all know it. Exit question: How stressed is Obama right now? Dude, you don’t know the half of it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

beat the “who said it” drums loud AP…

Who said it?
Who said it?
Who said it?

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:38 PM

ObaMao says, “You dropped a bomb on me.”

onlineanalyst on December 9, 2010 at 6:39 PM

let’s give this guy the Joe Wilson treatment. ….

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:40 PM

*sigh*

Looks like I’m gonna have to make up for all you slackers and post Cee-Lo’s take on it.

Sekhmet on December 9, 2010 at 6:40 PM

You don’t bring me flowers
You don’t sing me love songs
You hardly talk to me anymore
When I come through the door
At the end of the day

I remember when
You couldn’t wait to love me
Used to hate to leave me
Now after lovin’ me late at night
When it’s good for you, babe
And you’re feelin’ alright
Well you just roll over
And turn out the light
And you don’t bring me flowers anymore

It used to be so natural
To talk about forever
But “used to be’s” don’t count anymore
They just lay on the floor
‘Til we sweep them away

And baby, I remember
All the things you taught me
I learned how to laugh
And I learned how to cry
Well I learned how to love
even learned how to lie
So you’d think I could learn
How to tell you goodbye
You don’t bring me flowers anymore

Well you’d think I could learn
how to tell you ‘goodbye’
You don’t say you need me
You don’t sing me love songs
You don’t bring me flowers anymore…

Lily on December 9, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Wow.

The ‘Uniter’ indeed. I can get behind those sentiments.

Why the secrecy for the F-bomb thrower? If a Republican had said it we wouldn’t hear the end of it. Ever.

chief on December 9, 2010 at 6:41 PM

If FBHO was PO’d two days ago…. I can only imagine what kind of hissy fit he’s having right now after this little gem of news.

Wish we could see it.

tru2tx on December 9, 2010 at 6:41 PM

you know what people usually do after they engage in this?

smoke

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Wow.

The ‘Uniter’ indeed. I can get behind those sentiments.

chief on December 9, 2010 at 6:41 PM

No kidding. We’d have a name, party, and a nasty statement from his third-grade teacher if the speaker were a Republican

Sekhmet on December 9, 2010 at 6:42 PM

you kiss your mom with that mouth, Anthony?

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Wgaf

semi/

CWforFreedom on December 9, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Let’s backtrack a minute on this. Just yesterday, Anthony Weiner got all hissied up at Meg Kelly and was just straining at his leash. I know dems are hot about this, but Weiner has …motive.

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Drink, Obaka, drink. It’s what has gotten me through the lasst two years (although my liver will never survive ObamaCare)…

ladyingray on December 9, 2010 at 6:44 PM

On a bright note, the longer this drags out in the House, the less chance Harry has to get his DREAM passed. Works for me. I hope the Dems hold out until the last possible minute and only give the Senage a smidgen of time to pass the tax cut and then GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

karenhasfreedom on December 9, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Whoops…drinking also hurts the ability to spell correctly…

ladyingray on December 9, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I think we should play this internal fight between Democrats for all its worth. I also think we should not be poo pooing the idea that the left might primary Obama. Will the left primary him? Who the hell cares. If we can continue to foster the idea that they are fighting each other, we sow seeds of discontent in their voter’s minds. THAT is the true goal. depress their turnout in 2012.

Warner Todd Huston on December 9, 2010 at 6:46 PM

I’m dying of curiousity who the unidentified lawmaker is.

tru2tx on December 9, 2010 at 6:23 PM

I bet it is that punk weiner.

tinkerthinker on December 9, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Barney Frank approves of this message.

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:46 PM

I wonder what Kal Penn thinks/??

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:47 PM

These moonbats are so idiotic. Did they think they were going to get their Socialist Utopia ™ in one fell swoop? Incrementalism, dummies. That’s what Obama’s up to. He’s not converted to supply-side.

ddrintn on December 9, 2010 at 6:47 PM

“One upper me…hmphhh” – Joe Wilson

NY Conservative on December 9, 2010 at 6:47 PM

As Democrats moved to block the bill from coming up on the floor, chants of “Just say no!” could be heard by from reporters outside the room.

FIFY

odat on December 9, 2010 at 6:48 PM

upped (dam predictive text)

NY Conservative on December 9, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Who said it?
Who said it?
Who said it?

Vegas odds:

Jerrold Nadler 5-1
Anthony Weiner 3-1
Barney Frank 3-1
Debbie Wasserman-Schultz 2-1
Alan Grayson 2-1
Pete Stark 1-5

Emperor Norton on December 9, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Just yesterday, Anthony Weiner got all hissied up at Meg Kelly and was just straining at his leash. I know dems are hot about this, but Weiner has …motive.…

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:44 PM

He’d be my first guess too.

I have a black lab, and the straining at the leash metaphor is really spot on!

tru2tx on December 9, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Debbie wouldnta done it. I’ve seen her get pretty grilled by Greta I think, she can hold it together. But, weiner…..tsk tsk…that dude is 5’2 and a half with a big chip on his shoulder.

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:50 PM

LincolntheHun on December 9, 2010 at 6:02 PM

I LOVE Snakes on a Plane! LOLOLOLOL

ladyingray on December 9, 2010 at 6:51 PM

good thing there is separation of powers. the president may need some protection from his house caucus.

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:51 PM

beat the “who said it” drums loud AP…

Who said it?
Who said it?
Who said it?

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Whoever it was, bet big money with no fear of losing it they will end up on Olby’s Worst Person In the World list.

Hey, maybe it was Grayson, still pissed from being run through the ringer by Looney Larry O’Donnell on MSNBC the night before.

pilamaye on December 9, 2010 at 6:52 PM

don’t like what he’s doing Dems? pull out your constitution and see what your powers are…

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Maybe it was Biden.

Bishop on December 9, 2010 at 6:52 PM

I just can’t wait to hear the climbdown on this one….oh, yeah baby, it’s gonna be gooood.!

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:53 PM

If the dims block this. Does that mean we get to blame them for raising taxes on the middle class, and not extending welfare unemployment benefits?

Slowburn on December 9, 2010 at 6:55 PM

who….said….it?

msm? whatchu got….lsm? whatchu got… cbs? where u at? nbc? whatchu got?

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:55 PM

One unidentified lawmaker went so far as to mutter “f— the president”

I concur

royzer on December 9, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Slowburn on December 9, 2010 at 6:55 PM

nope. bush clearly gets this one too./

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:55 PM

this isn’t just politics of the moment, its about what we can do right now….

quote from a great POTUS./

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:56 PM

no wonder they’re pissed.

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Slurpee summit?

lukespapa on December 9, 2010 at 7:02 PM

no wonder they’re pissed.

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Watch it. Jenfidel and other’s loathe your piss reference.

OmahaConservative on December 9, 2010 at 7:04 PM

I think it was MO said that–shes been actin sort a sh***y since comin back from Spain–no date nites, no parties at the WH, the gardens under 3 ft a snow–fubo.

dragondrop on December 9, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Watch it. Jenfidel and other’s loathe your piss reference.

OmahaConservative on December 9, 2010 at 7:04 PM

You’re joking, right?

portlandon on December 9, 2010 at 7:07 PM

milwife88 on December 9, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Exactly.

Whut’s the big deal?

franksalterego on December 9, 2010 at 7:07 PM

You’re joking, right?

portlandon on December 9, 2010 at 7:07 PM

OmahaConservative on December 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM

My bet is it was either the under-loved Maxine Waters or the always ready Barney Frank.

bayview on December 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 6:50 PM

The Wasserman-Test has been in a walking coma for years.

katy the mean old lady on December 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I never remember / tags

OmahaConservative on December 9, 2010 at 7:09 PM

If I had a nickel for every time I put the word ****’together with Barack Obama I would now be very upset that my taxes are going up January 1st.

turfmann on December 9, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Could not have been Bonny Fwank, ‘fud da pwedident’ is pretty hard to understand.

slickwillie2001 on December 9, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I am going to bed. See ya’all on QOTD when I get up to pee or smoke. 2:45 AM comes early.

OmahaConservative on December 9, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Poor little Junior…can’t a guy just eat his tax cave crow in peace?

Well, no, Barry. You are the one who talked about punishing your enemies, putting Reps in the back of the bus, how you controlled the pitchforks…all kinds of ballsy, semi-veiled hints of violent outcomes for those who get in your way. You “won”, nobody else, and this was your sandbox. And now you reap that legacy, smartie.

You let Pelosi and Reid do all the real work on your plan, and slowly it dawned on too many how little you really bring to the table in energy, ideas and work ethic. You didn’t just fall to earth, you proved yourself incompetent and incurious, lazy. The real firebrands figured out they didn’t really need you so much.

You see, when the wind changes, all the bad things you promise to do or actually do to those you don’t like come right back at you. They are the new currency and standard of decorum and “reasoned exchange”, as you excused your race into the gutter. You created a hate machine and could stay ahead of it as long as you fed it what it wanted and it thought it needed you. You are doing neither, now.

Now it’s about to turn on you. That’s the reward of thinking this was always all about you, that you were special and in control, always would be. Too much ego, too high a self-approval rating and not enough real skill and guts usually ends up this way, with the beast eating its former “master”. The members surpass the master in the race to the bottom of human behavior.

If you really had done your homework, were as intelligent as we were told, you might have survived, or at least be less peevish about the ass-whuppin’ to come. But you are empty; talking and ducking, the only skills you have, are not enough anymore. Never been clearer.

Time wounds all heels, Barry, and your time is coming…

Harry Schell on December 9, 2010 at 7:16 PM

In my private conversations I haven’t precisely said “F— the President” but I’ve expressed variations thereof.

Maybe this could be a basis of bipartisan agreement? :D

beancounter on December 9, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Looks like Bill Clinton is going to meet with Obama in the White House tomorrow.

I bet Obama is saying “Help me, Obi-wan-kenobi, you’re our only hope.”

portlandon on December 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Something newsbusters pointed out early today that when reporting, MSNBC and CNN talking about BHO caving to Republicans. But when the R side of the isle give in, it is called “bipartisanship”.

Funny how that works.

kurtzz3 on December 9, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I bet Obama is saying “Help me, Obi-wan-kenobi, you’re our only hope.”

portlandon on December 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Nah, he wants Billie to show him the super-sekrit ways to get out of the White House without the wifey catching on. Can you blame him?

slickwillie2001 on December 9, 2010 at 7:27 PM

MORE popcorn!

GarandFan on December 9, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Jay Inslee is my congressman… so first let me apologize.

I called his offices today, both the local office, in Shoreline WA, and his DC office, asking if he was one of the Reps who were looking to “modify” the tax bill. Shoreline had no clue. Could not answer the question. DC said yes. I asked if they realized it was a waste of time and will just delay the tax cuts. I was told yes, we realize that. I then asked why then is he doing this and was told we do not know what Rep. Inslee is thinking.

AndrewsDad on December 9, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Should have added… Jay Inslee is going to run for governor of Washington in 2012. Everyone knows that, he does not deny it. My theory of why he is doing this is so he can score points with the ultra liberal WA – 07 voters, represented by Jim McDermott who live in the greater Seattle area. You win Seattle, you win King County, you win those who count the votes in King County and it makes winning a state wide election in Washington much easier… just ask Dino Rossi.

AndrewsDad on December 9, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Exit question:
Can the bus driver throw himself under the bus?

right2bright on December 9, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Good thing Obama has Biden as his backup…I would be worried otherwise…

right2bright on December 9, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Ooh, You Said a Bad Word!

mrt721 on December 9, 2010 at 7:39 PM

top row.

snap.

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Well, he has made me say it more often than not, it is their turn now!

bluemarlin on December 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM

For Lily: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3DRcHUv1_U&feature=related a better song for 0bamini.

ndanielson on December 9, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Seems a good bit worse than “you lie” when Obama was lying and that was on the news constantly for at least a day.

I can’t wait to see this receive the same treatment, it’ll be grand.

RJL on December 9, 2010 at 7:48 PM

the sooner that we find out who said it, the sooner he can leave for vacation….

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 7:49 PM

what happened in joe wilson’s district after he said ‘you lie!’? didn’t some guy start donating big bucks to his challengers’ campaign, and then lost his shirt? I wonder if that same guy is going after Anthony Weiner, or Alan Grayson for this HUGE affair.

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 7:51 PM

These guys spend two years totally unable to get their party together on taxes, can’t even bring a policy. any policy, to a vote pre-election, then start screaming at the President when he realizes they’re out of time and he has to negotiate.

I disagree pretty heartily with the President’s policies, but these guys are on another planet entirely.

Chuckles3 on December 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM

This almost makes me feel bad for the President. almost. His party is actually worse than he is. I didn’t think that was possible.

MrX on December 9, 2010 at 8:09 PM

This has definitely been a great day for popcorn.

anXdem on December 9, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Barry’s been popping Nicorette by the handfuls.

John the Libertarian on December 9, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Harry Schell on December 9, 2010 at 7:16 PM

A point as well made as yours is a prime reason that I go to HA several times a day. I e-mailed it to a couple of friends. Thank you.

arnold ziffel on December 9, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Well, the Dems have always been big on speaking truth to power…

Who said it? I’m leaning toward Jerry Nadler (D-NY).

coldwarrior on December 9, 2010 at 8:40 PM

wow. those Dems really are racist, eh?

viviliberoomuori on December 9, 2010 at 6

….wonders when one of these totally “un-racist” Democrats will let the tolerance veil slip , and drop the N- bomb, I am sure the Media will be all over it like a fat kid on a PB &J!

cableguy615 on December 9, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Time wounds all heels, Barry, and your time is coming…

Harry Schell on December 9, 2010 at 7:16 PM

that thar is some strong work, Harry.

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Did anyone else hear “boy” at the end of that statement?

mikeyboss on December 9, 2010 at 9:06 PM

and the left got all wee weed up when a rep said “you lie” I guess we will be having house rules changed so members can’t say the f bomb now right?

unseen on December 9, 2010 at 9:21 PM

MrX on December 9, 2010 at 8:09 PM

They started their descent into utter madness approximately 10 years ago. It was early in December of 2000, remember, that SCOTUS stopped their attempts to steal a Presidential Election (by using an all-Democrat State supreme Court to steal it for them.)

SCOTUS thoroughly rejected that activist attempt 9-0 and 7-2, before a much closer but basically irrelevant 5-4 final ruling ruined the Democrats’ chances once and for all.

Del Dolemonte on December 9, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Luntz’s focus group with some whack job ACORN types in the crowd has gone out of control.

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 9:32 PM

RAAAAAAAAAACIST!

What? That’s what they’d be saying if a Tea Partier had said it, right? Why not scream it from the rooftops now?

UnderstandingisPower on December 9, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Considering that Obama has let Pelosi, Reid & Co. do all the heavy lifting of drafting bills and pushing them through for him to sign… this is the very first real action he has taken as President. He is starting it, not letting PR&C do the work.

Notice how well its going?

And after this session of Congress his chances of getting Reid and the few remainders to do anything is: squat.

He should have voted ‘Present’, but decided to lift his might vision and stumble through the door doing a faceplant.

What a maroon.

ajacksonian on December 9, 2010 at 9:33 PM

The reaction from both sides of the aisle should be entertaining during ObaMao’s SOTU.

onlineanalyst on December 9, 2010 at 9:44 PM

So will this get as much coverage in the Mainstream Media as “You Lie!”? Will the Demodrat who said this be called a racist?

I hope I don’t have to answer either of those questions.

jeffn21 on December 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM

I wish Hot Air was like Facebook…there were so many comments that I enjoyed on this thread that I wish had a “Like” button to click on.

HawaiiLwyr on December 9, 2010 at 9:49 PM

ted c on December 9, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Is it a Luntz rule of focus groups that they all require at least one rude obnoxious black woman?

slickwillie2001 on December 9, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Am I the only person not buying this sudden Obama Non Love? I think that the lying ratbast*** are up to something… Maybe trying to make him the Come Back Kid…something but after all the big Os they were having over him and they annointed him “The One”… now they hate him after giving the Republicans one thing? Nah uh I’m not buying it…

CCRWM on December 10, 2010 at 12:19 AM

It’s still early, and Obama is very unpopular, so it’s too soon to say he definitely will not be primaried. But a primary challenge to Obama will only be a serious problem if it’s a big-name candidate, and the only one of those on the horizon is Hillary, who’s already announced she’s not interested, and whose time is probably past, anyway.

So until a major Democrat figure arises, I think Obama has little to worry about on the Democrat side.

There Goes The Neighborhood on December 10, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Forget being primaried – after two years of getting sniped at* from both sides is he going to want to run in 2012?

*Obligatory Disclaimer: Not literally sniped at, of course. Sigh.

landshark on December 9, 2010 at 6:06 PM

This on the other hand is a horse of a different color. Have we ever seen anything in Obama to suggest he’s a fighter? If his prospects look bleak in 2012 — and I think they will — don’t be a bit surprised if he doesn’t run in 2012, or even resigns a few months or a year early.

Remember, this is a guy who’s had everything handed to him for his entire life. When the going gets hard, don’t be surprised if he bails.

Of course, his ego demands he run again, but his ego could be bought off with a position in the U.N.

There Goes The Neighborhood on December 10, 2010 at 1:51 AM

News on Hotair:

Unidentified person says a bad word

Not news on Hotair:

Halliburton paying half a billion dollars to Nigeria to keep Cheney out of jail

Dave Rywall on December 10, 2010 at 8:31 AM

The Dems are in denial of the new reality. “Socialism is great until you run out of other people’s money” goes the quote. Well, they are out of other people’s money and I don’t think the Chinese want to lend them too much more. Their entire way of thinking is based on vote buying and they don’t have anything to exchange for votes. If a fair or flat tax were to be instituted, their vote buying would be completely over. No one wants socialism, and that was reflected in the 2010 election and will be evident in 2012. Obama had to “cave” as doing otherwise would have tanked the economy further. Even so, extending the job relief will keep those people from seeking employment driving those numbers up before the election. Basically Obamalinsky and the Moombats(great name for a band)have painted themselves into a socialist corner….

adamsmith on December 10, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Dave Rywall on December 10, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Help us out with a link, champ.

Inanemergencydial on December 10, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Liberal meltdown is always so much fun to watch. Yesterday’s was epic.

kingsjester on December 10, 2010 at 8:51 AM

*Obligatory Disclaimer: Not literally sniped at, of course. Sigh.

landshark on December 9, 2010 at 6:06 PM

There Goes The Neighborhood on December 10, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Both really good points… But you are forgetting one thing. He is a narcissist. In his mind, he has done everything correct. If people do not recognize his genius, then they are too dumb to understand. He will run and take names of anyone who goes against him.

jeffn21 on December 10, 2010 at 8:59 AM

has this story hit the front page of the HuffPo yet? I haven’t seen it as a headline but I also refuse to hang out more than 10 minutes.

poppieseeds on December 10, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Buncha stuff, then…

Time wounds all heels, Barry, and your time is coming…

Harry Schell on December 9, 2010 at 7:16 PM

What a great post.

RushBaby on December 10, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Dark-Star on December 10, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Thank you fine Canadian leftist!

Inanemergencydial on December 10, 2010 at 9:53 AM