Quotes of the day

posted at 10:42 pm on December 7, 2010 by Allahpundit

“When debating with Republicans, the president uses tough rhetoric, and he dished some today. He said he was ‘itching for a fight on a whole range of issues.’ But when talking about Democrats, he has the intensity associated with family arguments. He was as heated as he gets in public (still not warm enough for your hot chocolate, but above his baseline, which is the serving temperature for white wine). He warned liberals of being ‘sanctimonious’ and engaging in a no-win political fight simply to stir up their bodily humors. He compared it to the last dead-end fight liberals wanted to wage—over the public option during the debate over health care reform, in which they were willing to give up the chance to extend insurance to millions for a narrow ideological crusade…

“Let’s pause to measure the distance: Two years ago Barack Obama was the Democratic Party’s great hope. Now he is being accused of undermining one of the party’s core moral principles.”

***
“Former Vice President Al Gore’s team stayed away from issues like global warming and gun control because it was afraid of losing states like West Virginia and Tennessee. Well, guess what? Gore lost them anyway.

“Four years later, Sen. John Kerry was so fearful of being called weak on national defense that he bragged publicly about being for the funding of the Iraq war before being against it. Again, game, set, match to the GOP.

“And now we have Obama, who spent two years ignoring Republicans, now deciding to throw in the towel on tax cuts before the opening bell rings. If the president of the United States really believes that he is in such a weak position that he cannot stand up to a party that wants to give tax cuts to millionaires while cutting benefits for unemployed families at Christmastime, I fear not only for the Democratic Party but also for America.”

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***
“‘For too long, Washington has been a place where any compromise was seen as a failure,’ he said, ‘where victory was defined, not by what you achieved for the country but by who you defeated in partisan warfare.’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

still not warm enough for your hot chocolate

uh, er, racist?

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2010 at 10:44 PM

which is the serving temperature for white wine)

what an elitist, unexplanatory and dumba$$ statement…

ted c on December 7, 2010 at 10:46 PM

An Olbermann clip and an Obama clip? In the same QOTD? Why do you hate us, Allah?

cynccook on December 7, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Compromise
================

On January 20th 2009,Bipartisanship was laid to rest.

And,compromise was DOA,at the hands of Pelosi/Reid!!!

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 10:47 PM

The clothes has no Emperor!

ted c on December 7, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Where is Rob Lowe when you need him?

I know where he probably ain’t and that ain’t at Politico with Joe Scarborough who’s jumping sharks…wtfo?

ted c on December 7, 2010 at 10:49 PM

The clothes has no Emperor!

ted c on December 7, 2010 at 10:47 PM

I was thinking of trademarking that – I’ve used it often.

massrighty on December 7, 2010 at 10:49 PM

thou art weighed in the balance and found wanting….

KO.

heh.

ted c on December 7, 2010 at 10:51 PM

massrighty on December 7, 2010 at 10:49 PM

thanks for pointing that out. I thought it was right2bright but remembered that it had to be someone smart.

nice work.

ted c on December 7, 2010 at 10:51 PM

olby used his thesaurus tonight…

cmsinaz on December 7, 2010 at 10:53 PM

live by partisan warfare and die by it too.

ask not what your partisans can do for you, but what you can do on vacation.

quotes.

ted c on December 7, 2010 at 10:53 PM

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 10:47 PM

tru dat

cmsinaz on December 7, 2010 at 10:54 PM

•Obama transcript of Dec 7 2010 Tax Cuts speech

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Barry’s core emotional temperature is tepid, except when it comes to his ego and golf. If he can garner some Indie cred, he’ll take it. He likely won’t get it because Indies aren’t idiots, but he’ll try to show them he cares enough to compromise.

Lefties can cry, throw hissy’s, and scream all day long, but they’re not ever going to abandon Barry. In the end, they’ll come right back to him. Ad hominem is like aggressive foreplay to them. They’ll slap him around a little, but later, they’ll all kiss and make-up.

Sometimes I almost wonder if all the hub bub isn’t just theater dreamed up by the left to showcase Barry’s willingness to work bipartisan magic.

anXdem on December 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM

ted c on December 7, 2010 at 10:49 PM

From the look of it Scarborough’s drinking something a lot stronger than Koo-Aid.

Jeff on December 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM

The party bases would go to war instead of compromise if not in our system

jp on December 7, 2010 at 10:56 PM

nice work.

ted c on December 7, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Thanks.

massrighty on December 7, 2010 at 10:56 PM

cynccook on December 7, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Without even a DUDE warning! So very wrong.

Laura in Maryland on December 7, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Barack Obama said:

Hi everyone……the income tax cuts that were put in place in the last decade are scheduled to expire on January 1. Along with a series of tax cuts for the middle class that we made soon after I took office.

Did I miss something? When did Obama give the middle class a tax cut in the past two years? Someone please translate the Orwell speak for me.

conservative pilgrim on December 7, 2010 at 10:57 PM

anXdem on December 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM

it probably is. He’ll walk away looking like the most reasonable guy in the room and give them a ‘just relax’ speech and let them tongue-bath and leg-hump him a bit. Then it’s all cool again….

makeups.

ted c on December 7, 2010 at 10:58 PM

True story.

That was the first time I’ve listened to an Olbermann commentary. I made it about 2 minutes.

Treacherous? Really? Tax cuts == WW2? Really?

Really? People watch that?

lorien1973 on December 7, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Really? Those collecting the never-ending unemployment benefits are families (Tiny Tim, anyone?), while those working hard enough to earn $251,000/year are millionaires? Pleez.

LASue on December 7, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Jeff on December 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM

is Basil Marceaux.com shipping his shroom-laced egg nog up to MSDNC???

ted c on December 7, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Chuck Todd.

Q Mr. President, what do you say to Democrats who say you’re rewarding Republican obstruction here? You yourself used in your opening statement they were unwilling to budge on this. A lot of progressive Democrats are saying they’re unwilling to budge, and you’re asking them to get off the fence and budge. Why should they be rewarding Republican obstruction?
*******************************

THE PRESIDENT: Well, let me use a couple of analogies. I’ve said before that I felt that the middle-class tax cuts were being held hostage to the high-end tax cuts. I think it’s tempting not to negotiate with hostage-takers, unless the hostage gets harmed. Then people will question the wisdom of that strategy. In this case, the hostage was the American people and I was not willing to see them get harmed.

Again, this not an abstract political fight. This is not isolated here in Washington. There are people right now who, when their unemployment insurance runs out, will not be able to pay the bills. There are folks right now who are just barely making it on the paycheck that they’ve got, and when that paycheck gets smaller on January 1st, they’re going to have to scramble to figure out, how am I going to pay all my bills? How am I going to keep on making the payments for my child’s college tuition? What am I going to do exactly?

Now, I could have enjoyed the battle with Republicans over the next month or two, because as I said, the American people are on our side. This is not a situation in which I have failed to persuade the American people of the rightness of our position. I know the polls. The polls are on our side on this. We weren’t operating from a position of political weakness with respect to public opinion. The problem is that Republicans feel that this is the single most important thing that they have to fight for as a party. And in light of that, it was going to be a protracted battle and they would have a stronger position next year than they do currently.

So I guess another way of thinking about it is that if — certainly if we had made a determination that the deal was a permanent tax break for high-income individuals in exchange for these short-term things that people need right now, that would have been unacceptable. And the reason is, is because you would be looking at $700 billion that would be added to the deficit with very little on the short term that would help to offset that.

The deal that we’ve struck here makes the high-end tax cuts temporary, and that gives us the time to have this political battle without having the same casualties for the American people that are my number one concern.

========================

So after the midterms,Hopey has the America people on his side!!
—–

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 10:59 PM

lorien1973 on December 7, 2010 at 10:58 PM

dude, me too. I feel like i need….a bath?…

ted c on December 7, 2010 at 10:59 PM

lorien1973 on December 7, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Bravo! You’ve watched one more Olbermann commentary than me.

conservative pilgrim on December 7, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Again, this not an abstract political fight.

IOW, I Lost.

ted c on December 7, 2010 at 11:00 PM

conservative pilgrim on December 7, 2010 at 10:57 PM

He might be referring to the “making work pay’ $30/month tax credit.

LASue on December 7, 2010 at 11:01 PM

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 10:47 PM
tru dat

cmsinaz on December 7, 2010 at 10:54 PM

cmsinaz:)

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Now imagine the reaction if this line had appeared in a Palin Facebook post.

ddrintn on December 7, 2010 at 11:05 PM

I think the GOP could have brokered a better deal, less than another 13 months of unemployment payments and more importantly not just keeping the tax rates from going up but to spur growth giving actual tax cuts.

But then I wasn’t there and the new congress hasn’t even started yet.

Speakup on December 7, 2010 at 11:05 PM

He might be referring to the “making work pay’ $30/month tax credit.

LASue on December 7, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Right; and you’d think we’d be saying “thank you.”

massrighty on December 7, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Really? People watch that?

lorien1973 on December 7, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Nah, not really. I mean, according to Nielsen, some sets are on MSNBC during the time period, but I assume people on vacation put it on a timer to drive away burglars and such.

Karl on December 7, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Was Obama named the Worst Person in the World? Or was it Bristol Palin again?

VidOmnia on December 7, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Ya know, it wasn’t that long ago that this fellow trumpeting how much he had to do to avoid a tax increase on middle class families right now was saying he wasn’t interested in discussing preventing it.

The media, of course, doesn’t seem to remember this.

Midas on December 7, 2010 at 11:08 PM

The left is getting almost everything they want with the not-voted-on-yet-deal. For the most part, the only things Barry is compromising on are the rate for those making 250K or more, and the death tax rate. He’s the winner no matter what. All the lefty brouhaha is bogus. More BS show.

anXdem on December 7, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Now imagine the reaction if this line had appeared in a Palin Facebook post.

ddrintn on December 7, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Maureen Dowd would be hearing the word ‘boy’ all over that one.

Midas on December 7, 2010 at 11:09 PM

What I find amazing about this whole thing is how entitled these liberals in Congress and in America, generally, feel to other peoples’ incomes. And how they think we’re too stupid to realize that they will continue to spend every single penny of revenue that they can get their hands on. Are we supposed to believe that they would take the extra tax money and pay down the defecit? Or send some over to Beijing? Believe me, I’m all for essential services and a strong government and all that, but the greed and avarice here is really, really repellant. Can you imagine going up to your neighbor and saying, ‘Fork over 20% of what you made this year so I can spend it. Oh, you worked extra hard and had an exceptionally good year? Fork over 40% — or I’ll put you in jail’ ?!?

cynccook on December 7, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Olby is racist

jp on December 7, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Karl on December 7, 2010 at 11:06 PM

LOL! He needs to start a rumor that the sound of his voice repels bedbugs and other pests. Like how Mary Hart’s voice can induce seizures in epileptics. Then he’d get the whole lucrative infestation demographic.

cynccook on December 7, 2010 at 11:12 PM

its utterly amazing this is such a huge deal to the left

jp on December 7, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Karl on December 7, 2010 at 11:06 PM

ted c on December 7, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Barack Obama:worst person of the day.

Rocks on December 7, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Right; and you’d think we’d be saying “thank you.”

massrighty on December 7, 2010 at 11:06 PM

I know, I know. We’re the high maintenance crowd. Always demanding more. What can I say when that thirty dollar tax credit didn’t even cover one month at Starbucks?!??!

conservative pilgrim on December 7, 2010 at 11:17 PM

I like Joe Scarborough, but he has gone off the deep end with that editorial…

“while cutting benefits for unemployed families at Christmastime”

Does he even know WTF he is talking about?

ninjapirate on December 7, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Lets see,google searches!
==========================

Obama eyes compromise strategy on Afghanistan

Obama backs Senate health care compromise

OBAMA ADDRESSES ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION? President Wants Compromise

Ed Schultz: Obama Wants To “Compromise” With His Enemies?!?
———————————————————–

This one nails it!

Wake up America: Obama Doesn’t Know What Compromise Means

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Teeeheeeheee…Barack Obama:QOTD: “Yup, I am the pantywaist-in-chief!”

Chewy the Lab on December 7, 2010 at 11:20 PM

cynccook on December 7, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Love this. Can you imagine the hysteria if Olbie’s voice was scientifically proven to thwart bedbugs? The POS would be a gazillionaire. Naturally, Nasa and some rube at Harvard would conduct the experimentation and draft the uber cool paper.

anXdem on December 7, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Wake up America: Obama Doesn’t Know What Compromise Means

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 11:20 PM

My friend…

… that is only the tip of the ice berg.

Seven Percent Solution on December 7, 2010 at 11:22 PM

he’s (barry) got no hand!!

Undertaker on December 7, 2010 at 11:27 PM

New Jersey gives us Chris Christie…and Menendez and Lautenberg. 1 – 2 = -1

SouthernGent on December 7, 2010 at 11:30 PM

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 11:20 PM
My friend…

… that is only the tip of the ice berg.

Seven Percent Solution on December 7, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Seven Pecent Solution:Well,I would hate to take a peek,
under the water,to see,whats in st
ore,with the rest of that nasty ice
berg!:)
==========================================================

Foreigner – Cold as Ice

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 11:32 PM

The whole lefty game now is to portray Obama as a moderate.
The Left knows that he’s a fellow traveler, and that they will support him in 2012.
The Right knows that he’s a radical leftist and will never support him.
The theater is aimed at the mushy middle.

That’s why that rabbi offered up a list of lefty kooks as a foil to Obama.
That’s why someone dragged Dan Rather out of the mothballs.
And it’s the reason why we’ll continue to hear how angry and disappointed the Left is over how Obama has “betrayed” them.

Pure theater and propaganda aimed at the middle.

justltl on December 7, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Rush: There is no compromise with Obama

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 11:35 PM

There’s some pretty good dissembling going on there Joe.

For the thousandth time no tax cuts were on the table. The government just doesn’t get to take more money that isn’t theirs from anybody.
Tax cuts for millionaires is a commiecrat talking point/big lie.

And the the last time I did the math 250K was only a quarter million.

Can we please stop calling Joe Scar a republican, or even more innacurately a conservative, and just call him what he is – a sellout.

ontherocks on December 7, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Is it just me or does Keif look a little pale?

d1carter on December 7, 2010 at 11:40 PM

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Olbermann is really pi$$ed!..Sounds like he does not want to keep his gig!..:)

Dire Straits on December 7, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Can we all agree now that Tokyo Joe is no longer to be called a Republican and certainly not a Conservative?

d1carter on December 7, 2010 at 11:43 PM

ontherocks on December 7, 2010 at 11:39 PM

This is what chaps my hide. The liberals keep saying their “giving” money to the rich. Giving?! It’s NOT theirs!

Screw the arsenic. They have a sense of entitlement in their DNA.

John the Libertarian on December 7, 2010 at 11:44 PM

So the enemy takes hostages… according to this thug.
And he bows.
Pathetic.

Electrongod on December 7, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Amen! What is the deal with this guy? I don’t have a problem with him being a Democrat, but OWN UP TO IT Joe! Stop pretending to be MSNBC’s token conservative!
I read that article this morning, and I kept looking for little morsels of conservatism from him, but found none. I still don’t understand how he was elected during the Republican Revolution but “fears for the future of the Democratic Party.” What the he**? Either he needs his brain examined or Keefy has been playing with the keyboard at Politico.

NathanG on December 7, 2010 at 11:50 PM

anXdem on December 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Are you sure about this? This is a core democratic belief, akin to how conservatives wailed about papa Bush’s tax increases before his election lost in 1992. He lost the base was the accessment in the aftermath of that election. Could happen again in 2012.

milemarker2020 on December 7, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Ew? Creepy pic on front page. I am not used to Obama “looking” right at the camera. Gives me the shivers. Add to that a dark ally and a trenchcoat.

ProudPalinFan on December 7, 2010 at 11:54 PM

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 11:20 PM
====================
Olbermann is really pi$$ed!..Sounds like he does not want to keep his gig!..:)

Dire Straits on December 7, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Dire Straits:

*Looks around for Jenfidel,looks like its clear*

Yup,Hopey is “Boiking” his base,Olby is getting annoyed,
haha!:)

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 11:54 PM

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 11:54 PM

LOL!..Where is Hot Air’s Ms Congeniality?..:)

PS..I left you a clip on the Basil Post..It is really cool..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 12:03 AM

*Looks around for Jenfidel,looks like its clear*

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Can’t believe you and DS didn’t catch that dig I had on the Basil Marceaux thread.

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:04 AM

It is not often the case that you can persuade people to change their opinion by hinting that they’re not very bright. (The beatings will stop once morale improves!)

Democrats on the other side of the issue are fighting with their own moral passion. Sen. Mary Landrieu of Louisiana challenged the plan’s “moral corruptness” as she headed in to a meeting with Vice President Joe Biden, who was visiting the Hill to persuade Democrats. “It’s what I’m calling the Obama-McConnell plan.”

Landrieu said. “We’re going to borrow $46 billion from the poor, from the middle class, from businesses of all sizes basically to give a tax cut to families in America today, that despite the recession, are making over a million dollars.”

Moral equivalency of from a senator that prostituted herself, and state, for only $100 Million dollars.

It is business as usual. We get screwed.

Kini on December 8, 2010 at 12:06 AM

milemarker2020 on December 7, 2010 at 11:50 PM

You’re comparing apples and bowling balls.

The only core democratic belief is taking and spending other peoples money after demonizing them.

ontherocks on December 8, 2010 at 12:08 AM

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:04 AM

LOL!..That was a good one..It somehow slipped by me..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Kini on December 8, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Look for Mary Landrieu seat to be on the Republicans list of easy wins coming up!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 12:19 AM

To me, this it just a status quo deal by the obamanation and the R’s…The tax rates stay the same for 2 more years, the UI benefits continue for another 13 months (unpaid for, again)…The changes that most aren’t focusing are the lowering of the death tax to 35% and a raising of the threshold to $5 million up from $3.5 million…

Gohawgs on December 8, 2010 at 12:19 AM

*Looks around for Jenfidel,looks like its clear*

canopfor on December 7, 2010 at 11:54 PM
=====================================

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:04 AM

John the Libertarian: I’m scoot’n over to take a peek:)

canopfor on December 8, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Watching Obama today was truly creepy in a sick and twisted sort of way. There was a part of me that felt somewhat sorry for him as he is so obviously in over his head, but that was quickly overpowered by what a phony nasty POS this man really is. That thing we saw today was the real deal raw naked unprotected Barack Obama. Twas really ugly.

Keemo on December 8, 2010 at 12:23 AM

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:04 AM

LOL!..That was a good one..It somehow slipped by me..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Dire Straits:John the Sh*tDistruber,A Music Free Zone,haha:)

canopfor on December 8, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Gohawgs on December 8, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Not going to help our ranchers and farmers trying to pass their businesses on to their loved ones. The estate tax (death tax) is taxing wealth that was already taxed. This is a crime by the hands of thug criminals disguised as politicians.

Keemo on December 8, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Dire Straits:John the Sh*tDistruber,A Music Free Zone,haha:)

canopfor on December 8, 2010 at 12:23 AM

My favorite comment of the month was Omaha Conservative saying: what the heck happened to Jenfidel, she stirred up all this sh!t and is gone.

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Obama says he wants to grow the economy:

Why is there and Off shore drilling ban,
1/6 of the economy nationalized for health care,
Nationalization of GM, Unions get paid, investors get screwed?

This whole deal just spends more of our money.
It’s a shell game.

Kini on December 8, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Watching Obama today was truly creepy in a sick and twisted sort of way.

Keemo on December 8, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Keemo: Heres the Transcript from todays Hostage Takers,
and Questions,on screwing over his Party and base!

Oh and video too,be warned,its a Lefty website!:)
=========================================================
FULL VIDEO & TRANSCRIPT: Obama Press Conference on Tax Cuts – Dec. 7, 2010

===========================================================

canopfor on December 8, 2010 at 12:28 AM

I’m actually feeling a little sorry for the O (not really)…but this is embarrassing. He gives a talk yesterday, a presser today and now a vid for this “troops”

I know that MoveOn thinks they own the Dim party…but this is beyond the pale. Don’t beg Mr. President.

I mean seriously, he’s making it worse. When he says that ending the Bush tax cuts would increase people’s taxes by 3K!!!! and that would cost 1M JOBS…their heads must explode…he sounds like Bush…or McCain!!!!!

r keller on December 8, 2010 at 12:29 AM

I agree, Keemo. Just pointing an actual change in the “comprise”…Another change is the 1 yr reduction in the SS payroll tax that will result in working Americans receiving a 2% raise in 2011…

Gohawgs on December 8, 2010 at 12:29 AM

I bet Ed does an early morning review of all the garbage collected on the QOTD the night before and is totally ROCKING to our posts. ;)

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:29 AM

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:27 AM

LOL!..That was a good one!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 12:30 AM

anXdem on December 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM

milemarker2020 on December 7, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Yeah. I’m sure.

Remember two fundamentals:
1. I was a Dem, so I know how they operate. (The operative word being was a Dem.)
2. You’re assuming that like the Repub base, that Libs have a shred of logic in their heads or beliefs that mirror their values. They don’t. They haven’t the capacity to exercise logical thinking and they haven’t a real set of core values. What they attempt to do for others may seem like it’s coming from a core value, but it’s all pretense. It’s a machination to keep themselves in power and those they help on the Democratic plantation. The Democratic party has not changed in 150 years. It’s governed by appearances. They will stick with Barry to the end, because the appearance of voting Repub isn’t something their depthless anima could handle if anyone ever found out.

The good news is that the remaining not-quite-extinct conservative Dems and Indies will not stick with Barry, providing the candidate we choose doesn’t completely wig them out.

anXdem on December 8, 2010 at 12:31 AM

canopfor on December 8, 2010 at 12:23 AM
================

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:27 AM

John the Libertarian:I know,it was weird,and I like Jenfidel,its like she snapped!:)

canopfor on December 8, 2010 at 12:32 AM

NathanG on December 7, 2010 at 11:50 PM

For whatever it is worth:

For those who dont want to bother to watch the video the key part:

“So ideologically you and I both agree every dollar kept out of Washington DC is a victory for freedom, but politically, now we’ve gone from saying what we believe, now, let’s be John Madden and analyze this, as far as analyzing the situation, are you not stunned Barack Obama has caved in and given people like us everything we wanted?”

He is blue enough on plenty of issues, for this one I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he is playing devils advocate.

EconomicPirate on December 8, 2010 at 12:33 AM

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:29 AM

No Doubt!!!

Gohawgs on December 8, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Here is a funny clip for everyone!..:)

PS..I dig Jodi Miller!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 12:39 AM

This whole deal just spends more of our money.
It’s a shell game.

Kini on December 8, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Kini: Check out the transcript I posted,Ben Feller question
was a hoot,Obama was becoming unhinged!!

Ya,it all about money with Hopey,and I would like to
know,where is the cash going to come from,in the Ind
ian Native settlements,and African American Farmers
settlements!!:)

Right there,Obama already has two groups pissed with
him as well,and that has been simmering on the back
burner so to speak!:)
==============================
Transcript

****************

$3.4 + Billion Settlement Announced in Federal Mismanagement of Individual Indian Trust

============================
Black Farmers Bill Passes The Senate!!
November 19, 2010

Washington (CNN) — The U.S. Senate approved a $1.15 billion measure Friday to fund a settlement initially reached between the Agriculture Department and minority farmers more than a decade ago.

canopfor on December 8, 2010 at 12:41 AM

No Doubt!!!

Gohawgs on December 8, 2010 at 12:37 AM

That is a good cover..I like the Talk Talk version a little better..:)

PS..Gwen Stefani is Hot!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 12:42 AM

While watching that “special” comment by Olberdouche I couldn’t help but think this is the way I felt during the amnesty BS the Republicans tried to shove down our throats. That was what pushed Bush’s numbers into the twenties.

I think that is where Obama is headed. A few more compromises and the moonbats (term stolen from defunct website) will convince some idiot to primary Obama, and get his head handed to him. They are that foolish.

P.S. Watch that special comment and enjoy Olberdouche fire on his own position. it really is amusing.

Bill C on December 8, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Gohawgs on December 8, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Back at ya.

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Just woke up…
Going back to bed.
C’yall

OmahaConservative on December 8, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Here is a funny clip for everyone!..:)

PS..I dig Jodi Miller!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Dire Straits:A hoot as always!:)

canopfor on December 8, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Just woke up…
Going back to bed.
C’yall

OmahaConservative on December 8, 2010 at 12:46 AM

OmahaConservative:Goodnight OC,sweet Out of Body Dreams!:)

canopfor on December 8, 2010 at 12:47 AM

PS..I dig Jodi Miller!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 12:39 AM

No doubt, she’s smokin’. But I can’t stand the laugh tracks the put behind her jokes.

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Going back to bed.
C’yall

OmahaConservative on December 8, 2010 at 12:46 AM

To quote William from A Knight’s Tale: we have been weighed, we have been measured, and we have been found wanting.

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:49 AM

I like Jen too. What’s up with her???????????

OmahaConservative on December 8, 2010 at 12:49 AM

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:45 AM

That’s quite the revelation there, JtL…/

Gohawgs on December 8, 2010 at 12:50 AM

I s’pose I missed out on good rock clips again…

OmahaConservative on December 8, 2010 at 12:50 AM