Quotes of the day

posted at 10:42 pm on December 7, 2010 by Allahpundit

“When debating with Republicans, the president uses tough rhetoric, and he dished some today. He said he was ‘itching for a fight on a whole range of issues.’ But when talking about Democrats, he has the intensity associated with family arguments. He was as heated as he gets in public (still not warm enough for your hot chocolate, but above his baseline, which is the serving temperature for white wine). He warned liberals of being ‘sanctimonious’ and engaging in a no-win political fight simply to stir up their bodily humors. He compared it to the last dead-end fight liberals wanted to wage—over the public option during the debate over health care reform, in which they were willing to give up the chance to extend insurance to millions for a narrow ideological crusade…

“Let’s pause to measure the distance: Two years ago Barack Obama was the Democratic Party’s great hope. Now he is being accused of undermining one of the party’s core moral principles.”

***
“Former Vice President Al Gore’s team stayed away from issues like global warming and gun control because it was afraid of losing states like West Virginia and Tennessee. Well, guess what? Gore lost them anyway.

“Four years later, Sen. John Kerry was so fearful of being called weak on national defense that he bragged publicly about being for the funding of the Iraq war before being against it. Again, game, set, match to the GOP.

“And now we have Obama, who spent two years ignoring Republicans, now deciding to throw in the towel on tax cuts before the opening bell rings. If the president of the United States really believes that he is in such a weak position that he cannot stand up to a party that wants to give tax cuts to millionaires while cutting benefits for unemployed families at Christmastime, I fear not only for the Democratic Party but also for America.”

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***
“‘For too long, Washington has been a place where any compromise was seen as a failure,’ he said, ‘where victory was defined, not by what you achieved for the country but by who you defeated in partisan warfare.’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

No doubt, she’s smokin’. But I can’t stand the laugh tracks the put behind her jokes.

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:47 AM

I agree the laugh tracks are annoying!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 12:51 AM

G’night all. Sweet dreams and Rock On!

OmahaConservative on December 8, 2010 at 12:51 AM

I’m off as well,since its still Pearl Harbour hour,I
watched this a few nights ago,it takes place on the
day of the attack,John Wayne is a PT Boat Skipper!

And,it really tugged at your guts,knowing now all
of the info,and the onslaught yet to come,and what
they had to work with,loved the line,

“Are you working for yourself”!!

THEY WERE EXPENDABLE(1945) Original Theatrical Trailer

canopfor on December 8, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Gohawgs on December 8, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Gwen Stefani has what..2% body fat!..I guess she must stay away from the cold beer!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Gohawgs on December 8, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Stop me before I go ska.

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:55 AM

OmahaConservative on December 8, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Night, OC!

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:56 AM

canopfor on December 8, 2010 at 12:52 AM

That is a good one..but my favorite John Wayne war movie was this!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 12:58 AM

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 12:56 AM

I heard this Classic on the radio today..:)

PS..The video is so cool!..

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 1:03 AM

OmahaConservative on December 8, 2010 at 12:50 AM

A few…We’ve been waiting on you to get up.

Gohawgs on December 8, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Gwen Stefani has what..2% body fat!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Yep, and she STILL wears gloves…

Gohawgs on December 8, 2010 at 1:08 AM

PS..The video is so cool!..

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Petty is a freak, but I love him. Loved that whole album, too. A lot of L.A. references.

Okay, mates! Am off to sandman time. G’night.

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 1:09 AM

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 1:09 AM

I try to stay away from Jason music…

Gohawgs on December 8, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Yep, and she STILL wears gloves…

Gohawgs on December 8, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Yes!..She can definitely pull off the clothes thing!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 1:17 AM

WHOOOOOOSH!!!!!

Gohawgs on December 8, 2010 at 1:18 AM

Got back up for a smoke…

OmahaConservative on December 8, 2010 at 1:18 AM

John the Libertarian on December 8, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Happy Trails friend!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Rangel put these heinous tax hikes in the pipe the day after this President was sworn in, The Democrats in concert with Barack planned this to coincide with their astronomical wealth redistribution schemes, in their twisted, maniacal minds, raising taxes is an important part of what America owes the entire world. Not just by taking our money but also a pain debt has to be paid.

The socialist mantra has barely gone a day but what the Dems have advanced it over, under, around, through our fundamental documents while Americans screamed for them to stop. Corruption and thug methods are commonplace in our unleashed liberal governance.

I don’t believe Marx Alinsky gives up this easy. There’s a catch.
Trust not, fail not.

Speakup on December 8, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Yes!..She can definitely pull off the clothes thingwear the coolest outfits!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Sorry I had to fix that..It came out sounding wrong!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Rag all you want on Mitch McConnell, but the old guy is crazy like a fox. He settled for a two-year deal on extending the tax rates – so the debate over allowing the rates to raise taxes will be in full flame again for the 2012 election. Given we are very likely to still be suffering slower than normal growth and very much higher than usual unemployment, Obama and the Democrats will either have to reverse themselves AGAIN or argue for tax hikes in a slow economy in an election year.

Well played, Senator!

Adjoran on December 8, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Rumor has it that the ashtray Mooch bounced off Zero the other evening had “We pay taxes, Jughead” written on it.

viking01 on December 8, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Well played, Senator!

Adjoran on December 8, 2010 at 1:34 AM

It was well played by Senator McConnell!..:)

PS..Olbermann did not like the way the Republicans played it at all!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 1:42 AM

OmahaConservative on December 8, 2010 at 1:18 AM

Good to see you OC!..:)

Dire Straits on December 8, 2010 at 1:43 AM

I’ve been reading the gut-wrenching diaries at DKos. They are tearing my heart out! I feel so bad…

Unsubscribed from Organizing for America, Moved to Tears

I felt a sick feeling in my stomach and found tears welling up in my eyes. I don’t cry easily. I certainly didn’t expect that the simple act of unsubscribing from a political mailing list would have such an effect on me, but somehow it did.

I think my tears came because of a realization that suddenly hit me full force like a punch in the gut: that Barack Obama will go down in history as a tragic figure, …

I … feel … just … awful …

snort … snort …. BBBBBBBWWWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAHHHHHAAAA!!!!!

Ok, I’m back. whew … wait ….

snort … snort …. BBBBBBBWWWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAHHHHHAAAA!!!!!

Mr_Magoo on December 8, 2010 at 1:44 AM

the Left is already started its whine about the state bailouts.

evidently they are concerned that the Fed subsidy of Munis is ending and that they will then go bankrupt…and the Rs already have a bill that would permit states to go bankrupt.

I’ve heard bits and pieces…but here’s a Reuters column on it

r keller on December 8, 2010 at 1:45 AM

Unsubscribed from Organizing for America, Moved to Tears
I felt a sick feeling in my stomach and found tears welling up in my eyes.

WWWAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAHHHHHAAAA!!!!!
Mr_Magoo on December 8, 2010 at 1:44 AM

So unicorn urine isn’t the sweet ambrosia advertised. Good grief.

Feedie on December 8, 2010 at 1:55 AM

Just had a long discussion with a liberal. She was convinced that Republicans were causing children to go without immunizations in order to pay for the tax breaks for the rich. She believes that answer is to raise tax rates even though she thinks that the rich don’t pay any tax at all.

They blame Bush for Iraq and it seems no deficit will ever be too high because of that.

pedestrian on December 8, 2010 at 2:42 AM

I feel for those who are out of work… But I will tell you what you already know… I have never, been given a job by an unemployed person. KO is a doodoo head of epic proportions.
However this rant is a nice bit of fun… Lots of OMG Keith is finally getting that Obama is a ZERO moments!

RalphyBoy on December 8, 2010 at 2:49 AM

pedestrian on December 8, 2010 at 2:42 AM

These people are bonkers. The X-Files and Millennium were ahead of their time.

Feedie on December 8, 2010 at 3:01 AM

dems, and whatever label the Left tag themselves with, don’t deal with logic. Their response to any issue/situation is always driven by emotion…

Gohawgs on December 8, 2010 at 3:11 AM

laugh

Ugly on December 8, 2010 at 3:19 AM

More meltdowns coming. Cannot wait for Nanzi’s…

OmahaConservative on December 8, 2010 at 4:45 AM

I saw the Olbermann rant LIVE and have to say I enjoyed the part about him being so upset at Obama explaining to his base that they’re “upset but don’t know what’s in it yet” or something. Sounds like the ObamaCare argument! Keef doesn’t like that explanation when HE is given it!

Marcus on December 8, 2010 at 5:06 AM

Got back up for a smoke…

OmahaConservative on December 8, 2010 at 1:18 AM

Why didn’t you say you were a smoker before, OC?!
All is forgiven!

Jenfidel on December 8, 2010 at 5:11 AM

Just cannot bring myself to go to pmslsd to see any of the loons having meltdowns. Hopefully Ed or AP will post some clips today.

OmahaConservative on December 8, 2010 at 5:13 AM

He said he was ‘itching for a fight on a whole range of issues.’

REALLY?

If the “fight” he was capable of when he had super-majorities in the Congress backing his clueless a** up is any indicator, I’m going to enjoy watching him take the beating of the century for the next two years.

SuperCool on December 8, 2010 at 6:34 AM

“Surely the financial crisis is over”

Viator on December 8, 2010 at 6:36 AM

SuperCool on December 8, 2010 at 6:34 AM

strange that he is always itching for a fight with the gop, but our enemies overseas? his hand is out for negotiations…

cmsinaz on December 8, 2010 at 6:43 AM

Thanks for admitting that the Dem Party’s core moral principle is socialism.

fossten on December 8, 2010 at 6:59 AM

i keep coming back to the thought that the dems howled for 8 years that the tax cuts of 01 and 03 were ONLY for the rich and now they are fighting to keep them for the middle and lower classes…

yeah

cmsinaz on December 8, 2010 at 7:06 AM

What heat? What temperature?

Petulance and finger-wagging are not indicative of temperature, but feeling one has been put out of convenience. That was not an adult but a child… it spoke fine whines, but they were only as heated as a ‘why, poor me, I am put upon by those who don’t understand me’ attitude.

That is not heat.

That is a black hole of narcissism.

ajacksonian on December 8, 2010 at 7:09 AM

Anthony Weiner, “[Obama] seems to go from zero to compromise in 3 point 5 seconds.”

I thought the Republican’s were the party of no? Thanks for clearing that up for us Anthony!

kregg on December 8, 2010 at 7:14 AM

I love class warfare. You’ve been highly successful? Well pay for all these idiotic government programs, scumbag!! You have millions already- pay more of the money YOU worked hard for services you will never need to use but I will. It’s all about me, me, me.

TheBlueSite on December 8, 2010 at 7:27 AM

Keep your eyes open with these people cuz they say one thing and then do another. This ‘deal’ is not a done deal until Zero signs it and even then he could issue an executive order or create a czar to do whatever he wants. Never turn your back on a lib.

Kissmygrits on December 8, 2010 at 8:48 AM

It’s fun to watch the Libs’ meltdown.

kingsjester on December 8, 2010 at 8:56 AM