Helen Thomas: Jooooos run the world, or something

posted at 1:35 pm on December 3, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Just in case one tended to think that Helen Thomas’ anti-Semitic rant last June was just a momentary lapse or comment taken out of context, her latest public appearance puts the case for her bigotry beyond doubt.  The Detroit Free Press reports on Thomas’  remarks at a workshop that focused, ironically, on anti-Arab bias.  She told the group that “Zionists” control US foreign policy and “other institutions,” and that they own Hollywood, Wall Street, Congress, and the White House (via The Blog Prof):

In a speech to about 300 people inside a center in Dearborn, she talked about “the whole question of money involved in politics.”

“Congress, the White House and Hollywood, Wall Street are owned by the Zionists. No question, in my opinion,” she said. “They put their money where their mouth is. … We’re being pushed into a wrong direction in every way.” …

In an interview, Thomas, 90, said that criticizing Israel led to her resignation and ostracism in Washington.

“I can call a president of the United States anything in the book, but I can’t touch Israel, which has Jewish-only roads in the West Bank,” Thomas said. “No American would tolerate that — white-only roads.”

That last part would be true … if there were any such thing as “Jewish-only roads” in the West Bank.  There are Israeli-only roads, but anyone with an Israeli license plate can use them — including Israeli Arabs, who are a significant minority in Israel.  They can also vote, and a handful hold office in the Knesset.  How many Jews hold office in Lebanon?  Syria?  Saudi Arabia?  Egypt?  Yemen?  For that matter, even in non-Arab Iran?

As far as her other comments go, they’re typical of anti-Semites who cast Jews as villains in worldwide conspiracies.  No one ever got canned for criticizing Israel, which is hardly immune from criticism as it is; plenty of people openly question our allegiance to the Israelis without going into Protocols of the Elders of Zion territory.  Thomas had to resign because she got inept at hiding her bigotry, and now apparently feels much more comfortable letting it show.

Update: Jeff Dunetz had this story first, and notes that it negates part of the media spin back from June:

There are some people who believe that any criticism of Israel is Antisemitism. That belief is as ignorant as Antisemitism itself. There is however, a great deal of crossover between hatred of Israel and hatred of the Jews. To find out what people really mean you need to examine the words they use. Make no mistake about it, Thomas uttered the word “Zionists” but her words showed that she meant the word “Jews.”  What Thomas said yesterday, that Congress, the White House, Hollywood and Wall Street are owned by Zionists, was a repetition of the anti-Semitic stereotypes that have been used for centuries to incite hatred of Jews. Ms. Thomas is nothing but a bigoted hater and that was the reason she was fired, not because she hates Israel (most of the progressive media is anti-Israel). Thomas was canned because she is a low-life hater, an anti-Semite and her speech yesterday adds more to her long record of hatred.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Yea she’s not an anti-Semite.

jawkneemusic on December 3, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Police! Police!

An old woman has wandered away from Sunny Acres. Please find her and return her for her safety.

mwbri on December 3, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Dammit, Ed. That ghastly post photo has my late lunch in real danger or repeating on me, not to mention the disturbing comments about HT and Jimmah bumpin uglies. YUCK.

It doesn’t really help that she apparently applies her makeup with a spade, either.

CantCureStupid on December 3, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Helen Thomas is Yasser Arafat in a dress, and she looks just like him.

SilentWatcher on December 3, 2010 at 1:49 PM

She just shaves a little closer.

infidel4life on December 3, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Now come on. Some of the ugliest people I have known have produced some beautiful kids.
Look at Liv Tyler. I know her mom was hot, but the dad? Ewwwww….

He mightn’t look so bad if he hadn’t taken so much heroin.

aengus on December 3, 2010 at 3:06 PM

*of

CantCureStupid on December 3, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Thomas looks like the killer dwarf from Don’t Look Now.

aengus on December 3, 2010 at 3:07 PM

I’m the Jew whose job it is to keep The Wicked Witch Of The Yeast miserable. I love my job.

emerson7 on December 3, 2010 at 2:06 PM

..dude, I am so-o-o-o-o jealous! But, I guess it’s a labor of love. If you ever decide to retire, will you put in a good word for me?

The War Planner on December 3, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Did you know that 3 of the Big 4 sports commissioners are Jewish?

It must be a conspiracy….

Good Solid B-Plus on December 3, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Bar mitzvah is the age when a Jewish boy comes to the realization that his chances of playing for a major league sports team are significantly lower than his chances of owning one.

aunursa on December 3, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Thomas looks like the killer dwarf from Don’t Look Now.

aengus on December 3, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Actually she keeps looking more and more like she should be sitting on a rock in the middle of a cave lake, holding a ring in her hand and crooning “My Preeeeeeeeeee-cccccccccccios!” to it.

pilamaye on December 3, 2010 at 3:19 PM

The universe is controlled by two people, Larry David & Jerry Seinfeld.
That’s just a known fact!

But what people don’t know is that Chuck Norris issues their walking orders
/s

esnap on December 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Look at Liv Tyler. I know her mom was hot, but the dad? Ewwwww….

Badger40 on December 3, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Liv looks just like her dad…

ladyingray on December 3, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Liv looks just like her dad…

ladyingray on December 3, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Dude does look like a lady…

Badger40 on December 3, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Helen Thomas: Jooooos run the world, or something

Are you sure Helen? Last time I looked I could have sworn it was being run by morons.

Lily on December 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I always said Steven Victor Tallarico was one of the ugliest women ever.

Open The Door on December 3, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Lily on December 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM

And a Muslim!

flytier on December 3, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Some of my best friends are black.

madmonkphotog on December 3, 2010 at 3:50 PM

It can’t be her fault, she must be near Henry Ford’ grave or something.

nimrod on December 3, 2010 at 3:53 PM

My mother-in-law was born in pre-World War II Germany. She became a holocaust denier when she was older. It must be a by-product of dementia in some women.

HellCat on December 3, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Helen is right of course, I know because I am a big Macher and I am on all the Jew committees. Below is a coded sentence. Each of you is now required to decipher the code, and then send 20% of all your cash to the Israeli back account identified by the numbers. I am only giving you 24 hours and then we start with the penalties…you know, having to listen to Barney Frank on each and every TV channel for days at a time.

003988dlfjre830548fl895739@dkti88540868948548

georgealbert on December 3, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I say post her picture in every Muslim country with the caption: “This is what you will be rewarded in eternity if you kill infidels”. Terrorist problem solved instantly.

trs on December 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Forgive me – but when you are that old and that ugly – anger is about all you can muster.

That is one ugly old hen.

jake-the-goose on December 3, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Wrong, Helen. You can call a president anything except for a racist term and you can attack Israel as long as you aren’t an ignorant racist when doing so. Too bad for you that you are indeed a racist.

Benaiah on December 3, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Another BELOVED member emeritus of the Lame Stream Media!

Khun Joe on December 3, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Ya, I come to HotAir for all the pix of hot wimmen!

bow chicka bow wow…
bow chicka arf arf…

ornery_independent on December 3, 2010 at 4:11 PM

“No American would tolerate that — white-only roads.”

Helen, we didn’t tolerate it when you told “Jews” to go back to Poland.

MeatHeadinCA on December 3, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Look the reason Helen’s remarks were so bad wasn’t because she was criticizing Israel. She was saying that people of a certain genetic background needed to go “back where they came from.”

These people have lived in Israel for generations now and they are no more Polish than Helen.

MeatHeadinCA on December 3, 2010 at 4:19 PM

smellthecoffee on December 3, 2010 at 2:45 PM

And they told me you couldn’t find a good knish in San Francisco. I guess you have to know where to look.

Emperor Norton on December 3, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Really, Ms. Thomas? I’m unaware of the names you called the current president.

princetrumpet on December 3, 2010 at 4:47 PM

I’ve despised this woman’s angle on EVERYTHING since the 1970s. At this point, her utterances mean nothing more and nothing less than an episode of incontinence. The media, including Hot Air, should score themselves an act of grace by looking away, thus sparing her and the rest of us the embarassment.

JPlunket on December 3, 2010 at 4:52 PM

I had no idea that Obama was a Zionist. Way to go, Barry!

BigAlSouth on December 3, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Emperor Palpatine was known for disliking sentients who were not human. He blamed them for everything that he could, and especially for problems he created. Helen Thomas dislikes Jews and blames them for the problems heaped on them.

And with orange contact lenses, she would look like his sister.

Sometimes evil looks as ugly outside as inside.

njcommuter on December 3, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Don’t ever criticize Jews.

shawk on December 3, 2010 at 6:47 PM

If Jews were really that powerful, don’t you think that the US media would then be more fair about Israel? The MSM hates and loathes Israel! If Jews were that powerful, don’t you think Israel wouldn’t constantly be pressured by the UN and the US to give up half of Jerusalem? If the Jews were that powerful, don’t you think that they wouldn’tbe under so much rocket attack? I wish the Jews were that powerful!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on December 3, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Imagine that , A white prune. Whoda thunk?

faol on December 3, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I’m wondering why anyone invites her to speak…anywhere.

scalleywag on December 3, 2010 at 7:16 PM

She’s just jealous that the Jooos won’t let her join their ‘super-dooper sekrit’ club.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 3, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Senile Dementia sets in at a different time for each individual. Perhaps she needs treatment and a removal from public life for her own good.

mad scientist on December 3, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Helen Thomas is Yasser Arafat in a dress, and she looks just like him.

SilentWatcher on December 3, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Oh, don’t be ridiculous……

Yasser was much prettier. :D

cableguy615 on December 3, 2010 at 8:06 PM

She’s a nasty, hateful old hag. She’s the opitome of the Disney charicature of the evil old hag.

OxyCon on December 3, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Question:

How long before she says “screw it” and straps on a bomb?

Opposite Day on December 3, 2010 at 1:52 PM

She doesn’t need to strap on a bomb. She can walk into a crowd and ugly everyone to death.

Hazzard on December 3, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Not sad, disgusting. Send her to the home with Jimmah. Birds of a feather.

gitarfan on December 3, 2010 at 9:55 PM

My only question is why do the Jews vote so devotedly to the leftist scum when it’s in the folds of that parties wings that the most virulent anti-Semites find a home?

they love Billy Clinton who had Arafat to the WH numerous times

they hate GWB who wouldn’t give him the time of day

I wish I could understand the logic

Sonosam on December 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM

From the Detroit Free Press:

Tonight, Thomas attended the Arab American National Museum in Dearborn, where a bust of her was unveiled.

scrubjay on December 3, 2010 at 10:42 PM

An update: Wayne State University cancels ‘Helen Thomas Spirit of Diversity Award’ after more anti-Semitic comments

theblogprof on December 3, 2010 at 5:15 PM

She wasn’t diverse enough, it seems.

unclesmrgol on December 3, 2010 at 11:04 PM

they love Billy Clinton who had Arafat to the WH numerous times

they hate GWB who wouldn’t give him the time of day

I wish I could understand the logic

Sonosam on December 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Not all Jews.
My father’s first vote was for Goldwater-My mother’s for Nixon. Yeah-I’m an apostate…but my family aren’t.
Three of my 4 grandparents were also republican.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 3, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Memo to HA:
PLEASE PLEASE do not post any more pictures of the Wicked Witch of the East.

Thank you.

nagee76 on December 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM

The rest of Helen’s screed can be found at

Run by Zionists, obviously.

profitsbeard on December 4, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Holy Crap! Wonder what kind of meds she’s on?

tbear44 on December 4, 2010 at 3:51 AM

Helen Thomas is the DEVIL in disguise, as Hollywood people say it!

TheAlamos on December 4, 2010 at 6:59 AM

This nasty pile of putrid goat dung needs to go someplace and finish the rotting process.

rplat on December 4, 2010 at 7:04 AM

Sonosam on December 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM
Not all Jews.
Three of my 4 grandparents were also republican.
annoyinglittletwerp on December 3, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I didn’t say all, I just can’t understand the attraction to the commie party

Sonosam on December 4, 2010 at 10:55 AM

She’s as stupid as she is ugly

And she wrote the book on ugly

galtg on December 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Emperor Norton on December 3, 2010 at 4:30 PM

You got it!

smellthecoffee on December 4, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Dude!

Comment of the month, at least.

hillbillyjim on December 3, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Thanks!

smellthecoffee on December 4, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I can’t help it, but I have to say this:

If they ever remake the Wizard of Oz, they can cast her as the wicked witch and save a TON of money on makeup before each scene is shot on film!!!!

karenhasfreedom on December 4, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Thomas, at her age, doesn’t have her normal liberal “filter” to keep such feelings from coming out. Why is anyone surprised? All she is doing is venting her true feelings what most liberals are too chicken to say… that they hate Joooooooos!!!

Danny on December 5, 2010 at 9:44 AM

It doesn’t stop there… Liberals are the same people who promote policy that have continued to keep African-Americans slaves to poverty and dependent upon government handouts…

Danny on December 5, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Well really, as a Jew I have to say some of what she said is factually correct and I’m glad she and they know it.

Jews are very hard working people and anything we control – we deserve to control – we earned it by blood, sweat, tears and hard work. We should control it all – we paid our dues.

Regarding Hollywood, she’s wrong. We lost our control when Scientology came into play, they control Hollywood – not us anymore, LOL.

AprilOrit on December 5, 2010 at 10:55 AM

I hate taking the role of apologist for this woman but my own experiences saw something similar.

My liberal Father-in-law was a wonderful person who accepted everyone and said only kind things about anyone. But in the last few years of his life before passing away at 94, he started having an irrational hatred of government, corporations and Jews. Everything wrong in the world through out all time was the fault of one of these. It was terrible watching this happen to him. It came in waves. Normal conversation for an hour but then something would come up and he would become venomous. If any of this was there before, I know none of us ever suspected. I know there were many family friends who were Jewish and always felt welcomed and loved.

I don’t know anything about the medical issues associated with aging but watching what happened to him made me wonder if some form of dementia might cause this.

OBQuiet on December 5, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Did ya ever notice that the people who never stop bashing Israel are the same ones who say they somehow aren’t allowed to bash Israel?

There’s a never-ending stream of under-handed Israel-bashing from the MFM, and yet they claim there’s some big conspiracy to prevent them from doing so?

Was there ever a retaliation from Israel that wasn’t described as an attack? How many Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel went unreported until Israel fought back? Do they ever fail to portray Palestinians as victims?

Give me a freakin’ break. It’s like Dr. Hansen at NASA giving his 3000th interview about how he’s never allowed to speak.

Merovign on December 5, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Oh, BTW it’s because Liberals lie about everything. Forgot to mention that.

Merovign on December 5, 2010 at 3:40 PM

“I can call a president of the United States anything in the book…

I call Bull Sh*t… Try it with this Obast*rd guy and see what happens.

RalphyBoy on December 5, 2010 at 5:49 PM

AprilOrit on December 5, 2010 at 10:55 AM

You want to be Helen Thomas, don’t you? Well don’t worry. By the time you’re forty, you’ll look just like her. (It’s the vile mixed with stupidity that brings out the true you, I think)

Squiggy on December 6, 2010 at 6:29 AM

Helen Thomas – just another Jew hating piece of shit.

LODGE4 on December 6, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Squiggy on December 6, 2010 at 6:29 AM

Spoken like a true wingnut hater.

AprilOrit on December 6, 2010 at 3:35 PM