Video: Muslim author says, “Profile me!”

posted at 10:12 am on November 30, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Asra Nomani from The Daily Beast hits the nail on the head with one statement to CNN, which is that the current security situation is set up more to offend everyone equally than to actually catch terrorists. Nomani, herself a Muslim, advocates profiling as the basis of a rational security protocol that looks for the threat and uses resources for that purpose, rather than harassing women traveling with breast milk, as an example. We already profile in other security efforts, Nomani reminds us, such as the war on drugs, where Colombians get much more scrutiny as a matter of course. We also profile in the opposite direction in visa-waiver programs. Why not add profiling — a technique used in law enforcement for serial murders and rapes — as a tool to enhance airline security and end the waste of time and effort on TSA’s part?

Comments

Because it would make sense?

OmahaConservative on November 30, 2010 at 10:15 AM

And Warren Buffet wants the rich to be taxed. Anecdotes are anecdotes!

Trent1289 on November 30, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Exactly OC….

cmsinaz on November 30, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Well As-Salamu Alaykum, my sister!

ncborn on November 30, 2010 at 10:17 AM

patdown
/lorien

ted c on November 30, 2010 at 10:18 AM

… the current security situation is set up more to offend everyone equally than to actually catch terrorists.

Leftyism —-> nutshell.

Tony737 on November 30, 2010 at 10:20 AM

She speaks common sense, therefore she’ll be ignored as just a craaaaaazy Muslim.

darwin on November 30, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Well,one Muslim has stepped forward,its a start!!

canopfor on November 30, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Yes, as someone who gets taken for middle eastern all the time, this woman is my sister, too.

princetrumpet on November 30, 2010 at 10:22 AM

This woman is obviously not a true muslim! If she were, she’d say “Get your dirty infidel hands off of me, dhimmi!”

Tony737 on November 30, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Condemnation from CAIR,ought to be around the
corner any second now!!

canopfor on November 30, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Well,one Muslim has stepped forward,its a start!!

canopfor on November 30, 2010 at 10:21 AM

More than one has stepped forward but the powers that be just smile and ignore them.

Currently, I believe DHS receives it’s security protocols from the ladies (that’s being kind) at The View.

darwin on November 30, 2010 at 10:24 AM

I’m half convinced that the TSA patdowns and even the wikileaks documents are mere distractions; to focus our attention while something else more nefarious is going on. What, I don’t know.

rbj on November 30, 2010 at 10:25 AM

uh oh. There’s one Muslim woman that has stepped off the porch. Isn’t that a cue to hit her with some rocks or something?

ted c on November 30, 2010 at 10:25 AM

rbj on November 30, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Only half convinced?

darwin on November 30, 2010 at 10:25 AM

While walking Uptown Charlotte 5 young muslin men where standing on a corner preaching and in my opinion harassing – we got into a argument — they were calling everybody Fornicators — I didn’t like what they were doing and told them — they told me I was going to die — I said were all going to die — the guy pointed to me and said you will die tonite – saw two Police people after my wife dragged me down the block told them what happen – wife filed a report – Police dept turned it down and said I was not personally threatened – but did add they were getting tired of that group — Profile —

wheels on November 30, 2010 at 10:49 AM

CAIR is not going to be happy with Asra!..:)

Dire Straits on November 30, 2010 at 10:54 AM

We need a lot more Asra’s from the Muslim word to have her attitude!..:)

Dire Straits on November 30, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Well, for grand starts, the problem here is that in the hermetically sealed universe of the Obama Administration, profiling, common-sense solution to the current TSA procedures that it clearly is, is still RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACIST!!!!!!!

From thereon in, it’s pretty much downhill.

pilamaye on November 30, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Obviously a wingnut shill for her corporate paymasters.

Blacksheep on November 30, 2010 at 11:01 AM

I don’t believe her. This is just an act of taqiyya.
“Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.”

skeedro on November 30, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Wait, so this is something we do? Haven’t we been told repeatedly that we don’t, and that’s first and foremost why we must never do so? Odd that no one is protesting for Colombian rights. So it’s OK when we treat them that way when dealing with drugs, but when dealing with those who want to kill us, it’s time to put on the kid gloves?

Esthier on November 30, 2010 at 11:08 AM

I suspect she is a shill for Big Oil or Boooosh. /s

When common sense is abandoned, there can be no good outcome.

It’s a shame that more moderate Muslims don’t stand up and denounce hate filled rhetoric from their religious leaders — just like Teh Won did, finally, after 20 years of soaking up Rev. Wright teachings.

GnuBreed on November 30, 2010 at 11:13 AM

We here in Oklahoma just voted (by a 70%) majority on a law to change our constitution so that sharia or international law may not be considered in our courts. A Muslim here filed a lawsuit against it, and a Bill Clinton-appointed judge has issued an injunction against it. What is the point in voting, and how does one judge get to overturn 70% of the people. This is not right. I’m past angry, and I have no good feelings toward these people. They come here for our freedoms and then set about undoing them so we become the craphole countries they left. And I am appalled reading the comments in the newspaper at how many ignorant people there are here supporting these Muslims.

silvernana on November 30, 2010 at 11:22 AM

darwin on November 30, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Yeah, even by people here.

Esthier on November 30, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Fatwa in the works.

TimBuk3 on November 30, 2010 at 11:36 AM

It is not racial profiling that we want. It is terrorist profiling.

Slowburn on November 30, 2010 at 11:42 AM

I’m quickly reminded that she worships a twisted death-obsessed religion started by a lunatic who hated pretty much everyone and murdered (or had murdered) those he REALLY hated.

Call me crazy if I question her motives here.

And, please, none of this “moderate” muslim nonsense. How do you “moderately” worship a 6th century mass murderer?

TheBlueSite on November 30, 2010 at 11:43 AM

The first thing that needs to me corrected is this: there is no such thing as a “muslim-American.” You are either American or you are not…. there are no hyphens. Damn. Simple.

skeedro on November 30, 2010 at 12:06 PM

No hijab = not authentic.

Now sitting back to wait for the consulting paychecks from CAIR, Podesta, and Soros to roll right in, since I just did their talking points “heavy lifting”.

Wind Rider on November 30, 2010 at 12:12 PM

silvernana on November 30, 2010 at 11:22 AM

While I agree with you on this particular issue that sharia law is incompatible with our (American) laws, the only justification for the judges action is that we must be careful to prevent a ‘tyranny by the majority’. Just because 70% of voters are in favor of something does not necessarily make it right. Otherwise, we fall into the old definition of democracy i.e. ‘two wolves and one sheep voting on what is for dinner’.

That said, I think the judge was wrong here and should have stayed out of it.

sirnapsalot on November 30, 2010 at 12:17 PM

The real issue here is security not people’s feelings. AQ will continue to attack our airline transport industry and will use people who do not fit the ‘profile’ everyone is going on about.

I have no problem with everyone being searched thoroughly before boarding a flight. Much of the flap over new TSA checks seems to be partisan BS.

lexhamfox on November 30, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Yes, and AQ can also set off a bomb among the throng waiting to be screened. Or in a bar miles away full of sports fans bitching about TSA screening during commercial break. How much freedom should we dump to prevent those things from happening?

The pretense for the unconstitutionaly unreasonable searches is that we’re at war. It’s the War on Terror. However, those who we’re fighting are a subset of Muslims. A subset of Somalis. A subset of Egyptians and Palesinians.

There’s no excuse whatever to suspend the Constitution for any other group, even if it conceivably adds to security.

It was arguably wrong for the US to have interred Japanese during WW2 to prevent espionage and sabotage stateside. It would have been plain stupid to have interred Canadians, Bolivians and Kentuckians out of fairness.

shuzilla on November 30, 2010 at 1:39 PM

JDL was a threat for hijacking? Huh? She left out Cubans–those were threat #1 for hijacking weren’t they? Was the catch phrase, “Take this plane to Cuba?”

smellthecoffee on November 30, 2010 at 1:47 PM

That said, I think the judge was wrong here and should have stayed out of it.
sirnapsalot on November 30, 2010 at 12:17 PM

how dare we protect our constitution from outside influences who wouldn’t understand our ideals even if they cared to

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Anyone else think she’s a fake trying to lead security down a bunny trail? Resort to profiling and all the terrorists have to do is not fit the profile.

Dark-Star on November 30, 2010 at 3:43 PM