Quotes of the day

posted at 10:45 pm on November 30, 2010 by Allahpundit

“What man or mouse with a fully functioning human brain and a résumé as thin as Palin’s would flirt with a presidential run? It makes the political biography of Barack Obama look more like Winston Churchill’s, despite the fact that the 44th president breezed into the Oval Office as little more than a glorified state senator.

“Still, Palin is undeterred, charging ahead maniacally while declaring her intention to run for the top office in the land if ‘nobody else will.’ Adding audacity to this dopey dream is that Palin can’t stop herself from taking swings at Republican giants. In the past month alone, she has mocked Ronald Reagan’s credentials, dismissed George H.W. and Barbara Bush as arrogant “blue bloods” and blamed George W. Bush for wrecking the economy…

“If Republicans want to embrace Palin as a cultural icon whose anti-intellectualism fulfills a base political need, then have at it. I suppose it’s cheaper than therapy.

“But if the party of Ronald Reagan, Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio wants to return to the White House anytime soon, it’s time that Republican leaders started standing up and speaking the truth to Palin.”

***
“TV’s Joe Scarborough, who today dismissed Sarah Palin as a symbol of ‘anti-intellectualism’ with a ‘dopey dream’ of being president, will help headline the launch next month of a new national group dedicated to restoring civility in politics.

“Scarborough, a Republican, former Florida congressman and host of “Morning Joe” on MSNBC, will participate in the debut event of “No Labels” on December 13 at Columbia University in New York…

“The message of the group, encapsulated in a ‘Declaration’ written by McKinnon, is a plea for calm, reason and cooperation.”

***
“I actually had to Google what the meaning of ‘blue bloods’ was, although I could surmise that it was some kind of knock against education and coming from a family of some success. Yes, in essence that is what this statement meant. Families that work hard and achieve a long line of successful people are ‘blue bloods’ and thus, she implied the opinions of said people are jaded and elitist, even if that family lineage has a long history of public service and leadership within Republican Party. Of course, Sarah Palin is also living the American dream, albeit a different one without the help of any kind of family lineage. She has a successful career that probably most Americans would want by earning millions for her reality show, appearances on Fox, and getting paid to go places and speak her mind. Both of these narratives exemplify why this country is still as Ronald Reagan famously put it ‘a shining city upon a hill.’…

“As Republicans we cannot risk heightening this cultural war to a higher level than it is already. It is not just the liberal elites versus the ‘real’ American Republicans, it is now becoming a war within the Republican Party itself about what kind of people we want leading the party. This type of rhetoric will continue to alienate and stereotype Republicans that don’t pass cultural purity tests. We are watching the old fashioned spirit of the Republican Party that once served us so well abused for the purpose of clever talking points.”

***
“What is particularly amusing is the GOP political-consulting complex circling the wagons to protect their fortress, as reported before Thanksgiving by Politico. Based on all this history, just who is it among the prospective 2012 candidates that they think will escape the ‘too dumb to be president’ treatment Palin will undergo were she to run? George Romney’s son Mitt, like his father a successful businessman turned governor? Mike Huckabee? Or a Pawlenty, Daniels, Barbour, Rubio, Perry, Jindal etc., etc., etc.?

“Dwight D. Eisenhower was a hero-general of World War II, the man who organized D-Day, the successful invasion of Europe — yet he was mocked from one end of the country to the other as nothing more than a bumbling, unimaginative fool. With the greatest of respect to all those under consideration for 2012, there is not an Eisenhower at the starting gate.

“Whoever emerges as the winner of the 2012 GOP nomination is in reality in line to be Palinized.”

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I was trying to agree with your post with something I said earlier. Blockquote gone wild! The internet is hard! Gonna call Al Gore and see if he can make it a little easier.

KCB on December 1, 2010 at 12:10 AM

yeah I saw that on a re-read. And I agree with gary to a certain extent. he is a little bit more forceful in his choice of words but I agree with the substance.

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM

dakine:Ugh,okay,UNSEEN UP THE CALIBRE!!

canopfor on December 1, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Why when the .22 slugs are working well enough?

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Would you two geniuses at least learn to use the quote function.

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM

In response to Joe Scar…and to quote Nigel Farage, “Who in the h@ll do you think you are?”

d1carter on December 1, 2010 at 12:13 AM

What Joe Scarbourough doesn’t realize…

… Is that he just opened up the door for Lt. Col. Allen West!

Suck on his resume, Joe!

(like anyone has ever seen Obowma’s)

Seven Percent Solution on December 1, 2010 at 12:13 AM

I simply see Palin as phony and unqualified, and I don’t buy her act.

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM

so its a woman thing for you than?

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:13 AM

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM

I hope he didn’t take it as an insult. I love his posts. BTW, check out my Block Quote skills!

KCB on December 1, 2010 at 12:15 AM

BTW, “hate” has nothing to do with it. I simply see Palin as phony and unqualified, and I don’t buy her act.

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Well then it’s really simple. Vote for someone else in the primary, and if Palin wins you can toddle off to vote for Obama or for the Libertarian or whatever. Of course though it’ll have to be with the requisite amount of b1tching and moaning.

ddrintn on December 1, 2010 at 12:15 AM

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Im sorry us idiots don’t know nothing about no quote function thingy….

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:15 AM

unseen on November 30, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Reagan’s been “cool” for 30 years this month. Palin was, what, fouteen years old back then? What exactly is your point?

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM

unseen on November 30, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Very interesting. Thanks for posting that.

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM

canopfor on November 30, 2010 at 11:27 PM
================
A dishonest attack albeit. Noonan is bluest of blue blood.
Outed and exposed. Not worth the print except to wrap fish in.

Kini on November 30, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Kini:True dat,for some reason,Sarah sure does bring out
the emotion!:)

canopfor on December 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Don’t be an a$$hole and vote for people you hate only to be able to b1tch about them for years afterward. I wasn’t too thrilled with McCain but I wouldn’t b1tch and moan over his qualifications.

ddrintn on December 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM

You do understand that we are at the point in the election cycle where we debate the relative merits and qualifications of the various possible candidates in connection with the Republican primary process, right? I don’t think that Palin can win in the general election, so my purpose at this point is to work toward nominating a Republican candidate who can win. You get that I hope.

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM

KCB on December 1, 2010 at 12:15 AM

yeah gary got a flare all his own. I enjoy his posts.

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Joe either pulled a few too many “G’s” when he was a naval aviator or his buddies at msnbc have been putting potassium nitrate in his cup of morning joe…

Gohawgs on December 1, 2010 at 12:17 AM

so its a woman thing for you than?

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Huh? At least attempt to make a modicum of sense.

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Would you two geniuses at least learn to use the quote function.

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM

dakine: Sorry if I offended you,I was getting a tad carried
away,with maybe bad himour,it appears Sarah topics
does bring out the emotion in all of us!:)

canopfor on December 1, 2010 at 12:19 AM

I simply see Palin as phony and unqualified, and I don’t buy her act.

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM

You haven’t read her book yet, I gather.

John the Libertarian on December 1, 2010 at 12:19 AM

yeah gary got a flare all his own. I enjoy his posts.

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:17 AM

I agree with him, but Gary might lighten up a bit. You can attract more flies with Honey, instead of a flaming insult ridden post of name calling.

portlandon on December 1, 2010 at 12:20 AM

I simply see Palin as phony and unqualified, and I don’t buy her act.

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Then don’t vote for her.

All fixed.

portlandon on December 1, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Would you two geniuses at least learn to use the quote function.

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM

LOL…the GOP worries about keeping anal-retentives like this happy? No wonder they’re the stupid party.

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM

So which one have you been touting? I don’t seem to recall. Romney? Daniels? Maaaaaan, both of those can win Reaganesque landslides, can’t they!! Yep, yep.

ddrintn on December 1, 2010 at 12:21 AM

“I actually had to Google what the meaning of ‘blue bloods’ was, although I could surmise that it was some kind of knock against education [...]

Meggy Mac didn’t know what “blue blood” means? And she actually has the temerity to say Palin (the daughter of teachers) is anti-education? Irony of ironies!

steebo77 on December 1, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Tammy Bruce tears Scarborough apart.

VidOmnia on December 1, 2010 at 12:21 AM

dakine said modicum. Lots of posts tonight. Must have majored in Keyboarding. (Capitalized on purpose)

KCB on December 1, 2010 at 12:21 AM

What exactly is your point?

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM

My point? Is in 1998 when bush won the GOp establishment pushed Reagan and reaganism into the trash heap as a governing philosphy and ther eit remained among the GOp establishment for the next 22 years. during that “wilderness time” Palin governed under Reaganism. The only national figure to do so. She as well as a grea tmany of the base still thought reagan was cool. Hence even when Reagan went out of style in the governing circle Palin stuck to reaganism…or in other words

Palin was Reagan when Reagan wasn’t cool

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Would you two geniuses at least learn to use the quote function.

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM

dakine:Pinky and the Brain come to mind!!hehe.

canopfor on December 1, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Very interesting. Thanks for posting that.

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM

np i doubt allah will get around too it:)

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM

picklesgap on November 30, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Oops. lol sorry for repeating things. Don’t they say great minds think alike? lol

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Ugh,thats humour,not himour!!

canopfor on December 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Apparantly none of you heard Beck’s take today on the Wikileaks expose’. According to the research done by his staff, Wiki & co. are just tools(puppets) doing the bidding of the puppet master Soros. It’s part of their stratedgy for undermining the US. The Wikileak group is supported by all the usual Soros minions: Code Pink, and a number of his many foundations that serve to mask his involvement so he can retain the veil of secrecy he covets. Beck knows this and is actively pulling back the curtain revealing Soros’s machinations. Scary stuff but real and no one else seems to be pointing it out.

shmendrick on December 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM

himour!!

canopfor on December 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Isn’t “Himour” a whole Hour dedicated to praising Obama?

portlandon on December 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM

You haven’t read her book yet, I gather.

John the Libertarian on December 1, 2010 at 12:19 AM

I’m about 3/4ths through it and it is one of the best politcal books I have read. she lays it all out for the world too see. I highly recommend the book

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM

look, palin has weaknesses, for sure. but she’s the best candidate to take down obama in 2012.

and shes the ONLY candidate that has been actively taking down obama every day for the past 2 years!

WHERE HAS MITTENS BEEN? ILL TELL YOU WHERE — HIDING UNDER A ROCK, CRYING HIMSELF TO SLEEP, WAITING FOR HIS STEALTH “DAY AFTER PRIMARY IS OVER” ENDORSEMENTS!!!!!

picklesgap on November 30, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Oh my gosh! I was going to say something like this too.

While some Republicans are busy trashing her, she is focused on what they all should be focused on – Obama.

The more they waste time with criticizing her, the better she looks.

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 12:25 AM

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Do you know all the contenders yet? Have they all announced? Why not keep your powder dry if you are a conservative and see what the debates bring? How do you know she cannot win when she has not gone up against anyone? She beat Joe Biden in her debate with him, why can`t you just say I will wait to see who is in the field before I make my decision instead of blasting her before you know all her opponents?

bluemarlin on December 1, 2010 at 12:25 AM

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM

bluemarlin on December 1, 2010 at 12:25 AM

bluemarlin on December 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Huh? At least attempt to make a modicum of sense.

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM

why you don’t

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Sounds familiar?

“National opinion polls continue to show Carter leading Reagan by an apparently comfortable margin of about 25%. They also show that more moderate Republicans like Ford would run better against the President. This suggests that Reagan is not the strongest G.O.P. choice for the November election and that he clearly faces an uphill battle.”

“Party operatives are plainly unhappy with his selection. In Massachusetts, where both Bush and Anderson defeated Reagan, party leaders are not yet reconciled to the Reagan candidacy. Says one: “There’s a vacuum of leadership at the national level; and what appears to be the Republican Party’s response? A 69-year-old man who has done virtually nothing for years”

“Reagan has a history of committing rhetorical blunders that drive away voters. His quest in 1976 was damaged when he suggested vaguely, without proper research and consideration, that $90 billion in federal programs should be turned back to the states. He then spent months explaining that the affected programs would not be eliminated, only transferred. As Governor, Reagan was outraged by student unrest and once proclaimed: “The state of California has no business subsidizing intellectual curiosity.”

“Worse perhaps than the verbal gaffe is Reagan’s relentlessly simple-minded discussion of complex problems. He is aware that he is charged with this failing, and in his 1967 inaugural address on becoming Governor of California, he asserted: “We have been told there are no simple answers to complex problems. Well, the truth is there are simple answers, just not easy ones.”
Time Magazine – March 31, 1980

Norwegian on November 30, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Thanks for posting that. I remember these type articles. Heck, I probably read this same article in Time back in 1980.

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM

ddrintn on December 1, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Unwittingly, you’ve touched on the problem. There isn’t one at this point. If this Tea Party fanaticism doesn’t subside, I’m afraid the GOP will put a COD/Angle type up against Obama and lose. Do the math.

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:27 AM

why you don’t

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM

You really are on some kind of roll with the snappy retorts. Maybe next time go with the “I’m rubber and you’re glue” comeback.

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:29 AM

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Awesome. I’m reading Decision Points right now and have Palin’s new book slated for Christmas.

John the Libertarian on December 1, 2010 at 12:29 AM

You haven’t read her book yet, I gather.

John the Libertarian on December 1, 2010 at 12:19 AM

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Kids always ask me what I want fo Christmas, so I plan to ask for that. Liked the last one, but I hear this one is even better. Is it? /and did she write this one?/sarc.

KCB on December 1, 2010 at 12:29 AM

tammy bruce: Love it

In an tantrum remarkable only for the fact that he put down his binky and rattle to write it, Joey illustrates what he wants the GOP Boys to do–”Man up” as he puts it, and “confront” Palin. And what exactly does this manly strategy of confrontation consist of? Besting her on the issues and debating policy? Explaining how they have better ideas and a more fabulous vision for the country and it’s conservative too! Er, no, not quite. Joey’s screed consists of nothing but personal attack after personal attack, absurdly misrepresenting her comments, and assigning vile, ridiculous intentions to her commentaries. One thing his “op-ed” makes clear–Joey Scarborough personally doesn’t like Sarah Palin very much. My guess, like most others who display an irrational dislike of Governor Palin, she reminds Joey of someone else attached to some existential threat to his own ability “man up,” something which should be a topic with a shrink, not the subject of a political opinion piece.

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:29 AM

See, this is what pisses me off. My brother is a dyed-in-the-wool conservative, and he was ripping on how stupid Palin was for saying North Korea was our ally. I had to spend the next 10 minutes putting everything into context for him.

John the Libertarian on December 1, 2010 at 12:30 AM

And I forgot to add that since our fearless leader is also a puppet with the same master, he wasn’t too surprised or excited by it all. Of course this gave Sarah another opportunity, which she took full advantage of, to call 0 incompetant, which of course he is.

I wonder if anyone knows who writes O’s teleprompter scripts? I thought the previous answer of Bill Ayers was great but I still wonder who it actually is. I’ll bet it’s someone with essentially the same mind set as Ayers.

shmendrick on December 1, 2010 at 12:31 AM

she is a Reagan disciple. she has governed and campaign under the banner of Reaganism for 20 years. never flip-flopping, never saying its time to move beyond Reagan like mitt and Jeb did at the pizza parlor last year. A dispciple is not the master but is the next best thing.

unseen on November 30, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Exactly. And she is grounded in what is important and right and does not blow around with the wind. She would get the job done if she was elected. Would she win? She definately can if all Republicans seriously back her if she gets the nomination. But if they don’t want to lower themselves from their elistist perch, then she might lose.

Or if Romney stepped aside and let a true conservative other than Sarah run and gain clout, then Sarah would back that person and we could show a united front against Obama.

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 12:31 AM

KCB on December 1, 2010 at 12:29 AM

not sure if I would say better…it’s different. and as far a si know no ghost writer on this one.

The first was a bio. this one details her politcal thoughts. Why she thinks the way she does, her inspiration and how those thoughts have shaped her life….

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:31 AM

KCB on December 1, 2010 at 12:29 AM

oh yeah saw it at sam’s club for $15. Bought mine at B&N for $20.

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 12:31 AM

I think more conservative dems will vote for her than liberal GOP will vote for Obama. the reason the GOp base has put up with the liberal GOp establishment is because those people had the money. with money bombs and the web that is not really a needed thing anymore. Now its about voters not big money. the power has shifted and the GOp liberal establishment has missed the boat…

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:35 AM

canopfor on December 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM
=============================
Isn’t “Himour” a whole Hour dedicated to praising Obama?

portlandon on December 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM

portlandon:Could be,there has got to be Lemour in there
somewheee as well,
==================================

Urban Dictionary: lemour A hybrid of luxury and velour – This extremely soft, man-made fabric oozes luxury and arouses the senses. Great for dressing gowns, and pretending
————-

yup,Obama!!!

canopfor on December 1, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Ugh,I’m on a roll,thats somewhere,not somewheee!

canopfor on December 1, 2010 at 12:37 AM

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Nice, I agree with her!

bluemarlin on December 1, 2010 at 12:37 AM

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:29 AM

well when you are debating a child go with what a child understands….

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:37 AM

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:33 AM

The bio stuff was good in the first book, but if I remember correctly, the last part was kind of about her political philosophy. My favorite part.

KCB on December 1, 2010 at 12:38 AM

bluemarlin on December 1, 2010 at 12:37 AM

here is some more goodness:

When it comes to Governor Palin, the GOP Boys, of course, really have no other option than to debase themselves. You see, they can’t talk about policy and ideas because they have been in charge for quite some time and their liberal, Big Government policies are responsible for the economic disaster with which we’re contending. They know Palin is the only one, whom by her very legitimacy as a presidential contender, exposes the rankness of their morally vapid liberal masquerade which condemns Reagan and with it, this nation. If Palin were to be gone, the GOP Boys are answerable only to each other which means answerable to no one.

So the machine now has a Sophie’s Choice of its own–engage Governor Palin on the issues and lose, or…scream at her and try to beat her up, and lose. Either way, Gentlemen, bring it on. You see, things have changed more than you know, and Sarah Palin is like no one you’ve known.

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:39 AM

KCB on December 1, 2010 at 12:38 AM

then you will love this book.

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:39 AM

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM
=================

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:29 AM

dakine: Unseen is trigger happy,its a long story!!

canopfor on December 1, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Okay,I’m off,GoodNight everyone,ahem,it was a blast!!:)

canopfor on December 1, 2010 at 12:41 AM

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Summation….Game On!

KCB on December 1, 2010 at 12:41 AM

What would be nice if for the anti-Palin set to notice is that she has vastly increased the quality of the Party. Both the GOP and the Tea Party. One of her strengths has been to change the post-Reagan GOP formula for choosing the anointed to run for president. In 1996 Dole ran and lost because it was “his turn.” In 2008 McCain ran and lost because it was “his turn.” Bush 41 lost in 1992 because of two main items. He said “Read my lips. No new taxes.” then did the opposite then chose not to fire back against the Clinton sleaze machine. In 2006 the GOP lost because Frist and Hastert played along with government expansion thinking it would make them more popular. Trent Lott’s “power sharing” suggestion still makes me want to puke.

Central to Palin’s success is she is, like her or not, who she is. That unsettles political good ole boys content with playing “Conservative” yet barely enough that until returned to perpetual jobs in DC where the voters are quickly forgotten. That game has changed where we now have establishment Danforths squealing about keeping the establishment Lugars and Hatches fearfully deciding maybe they don’t want to get Bennettized by pesky outsiders in the next set of primaries. How sweet it is.

viking01 on December 1, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Palin shows she can fight and is more of a consertative than anyone else thinking about the nomination.

Gracelynn on December 1, 2010 at 12:07 AM

That’s the Fear Factor in a way. Palin draws criticism because the left fears her.

It reminds me of Reagen, because they demonized him before he was RONALDUS MAXIMUS, and after in death, they declared the Age of Reagen was over.

True Conservationism, is not owned to any one individual, organization, or political party. However, it has yet to be demonstrated by any other public figure other than Palin.

It is sad when Faux conservatives like a Bad Cup of Morning Joe, Piggy Noonan and STD prone Parker, shows up to please their MSNBC masters and attack like a rabid bunnies. It’s like the island of Misfits pretending to be Conservative.

Palin is the Greatest example of the American Dream. Just like Marco Antonio Rubio has become to a largely ignored political demographic. Until now, do they, the potential, decide to pretend to be one with the disenfranchised.

However, Palin, like Rubio, speak the same message of conservationism. Yet, you don’t see Rubio being attacked as being a foux Hispanic. Palin is being attacked by being a true conservative.

If you cannot see that, then you cannot hear the message, cannot see the opportunity, and cannot grasp the future which is before us.

A Crossroads towards socialism that will either condemn us, and our children, to a thousand years of darkness, or guide us towards that Shining City on the Hill.

It’s your choice. Dismiss either what you know to be in your own best interests, and embrace a culture of entitlements, or find your potential with limited obstacles and freedoms to pursue happiness in you own design.

Kini on December 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM

viking01 on December 1, 2010 at 12:42 AM

they are just mad they can’t say what they want to say and get elected. they are upset that Palin doesn’t have to lie, and have pollsters tell her what to say. they are envious of her freedom. They have to lie to the base Palin is the base.

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Summation….Game On!

KCB on December 1, 2010 at 12:41 AM

yeap The Palin people have been playing defense for the last month. Now they will go on the offense.

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:46 AM

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:35 AM

I agree. My only issue and problem is things like this:

John the Libertarian on December 1, 2010 at 12:30 AM

I know exactly how John feels. For 2 weeks now (because of the Palin show and Bristol) I have had to defend Sarah as competent to people who should know better.

Reality doesn’t seem to matter. Her candidacy has unfair and untrue baggage attached to it. So I wish for a second tier true conservative to gain momentum. Sarah would be just as happy being kingmaker and helper to a true conservative. (although if they keep trashing her then her competitive nature will just get out there no matter what and show them a thing or 2)

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Scarborough’s faux outrage at the dishonor of Reagan and Bush is a joke. Palin wasn’t disrespecting Reagan, she was defending herself by saying Reagan faced some of the same types of attacks. The Bushes are blue bloods. Bush the Elder’s dad Prescott was a senator. His grandfather George Herbert Walker founded the Walker Cup matches between Britain and the United States in amateur golf. I mean how could anyone deny that the Bushes are blue bloods? It’s ridiculous.

Ted Torgerson on December 1, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 12:46 AM

But make no mistake. If there are no true conservatives with a chance of getting the nomination, I will work my heart out for her and talk till I’m blue in the face.

She would make an excellent president.

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 12:48 AM

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:39 AM

That is money!

bluemarlin on December 1, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 12:46 AM

They will get attacked in the same way. They are already going after Alan west. The difference is they will not have the star power to correct the media like Palin nor the time. The moment one wins the nomination they will have 2 months to counter the media onslaught that will follow. As Meg whitman shows that is not enough time.

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:50 AM

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:50 AM

that’s true. Good point.

good night and God bless our dear Sarah and her family who have to put up with alot of crap.

God bless all here and our country.

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 12:52 AM

The book cover for “America by Heart” says it’s about Sarah Palin’s take on what it’s like to be an American. Today’s long line was full of people who came out because they say they identify with Palin and her emphasis on faith and family.

The chilly temperatures and long line couldn’t keep these Arkansans from Sarah Palin. They came bundled up, and started lining up before the sun came up.

Palin fan Richard Caster said, “Got here at 5 am, left the house in Mountain Home at 2 am.”

Caster drove nearly three hours from Baxter County and was the first person in line at Sam’s Club. But the line was filled with people equally as anxious to shake Palin’s hand and get her John Handcock on her latest book.

Palin supporter Ben Jiles said, “I came down here to see Sarah Palin cause to me, she is a true American. She’s connected with so many people not through everyday politics, but through the ideals we all live by.

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Palin again ahead of the curve:

WikiLeaks: Interpol issues wanted notice for Julian AssangeWikiLeaks founder Julian Assange facing growing legal problems around world

It’s almost like the government is doing what she says to do…

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM

I greatly respect Reagan. BUT

Palin did not need to take five years to educating herself on domestic and foreign policy issues. She did not spend twelve years in an upper management position in a socialist organization.

Slowburn on December 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Wow, the trolls are out tonight!

All I am going to say is this. Reading Sarah’s new book it becomes quite apparent what a real deep thinker this woman is.

She knows where we’ve been, and where we are headed if the progressives (in BOTH PARTIES) aren’t stopped. She also lays out a solid path for renewal.

She is well read and her opinions are based on some solid time honored truths.

This is her presidential manifesto.

gary4205 on December 1, 2010 at 12:57 AM

This is her presidential manifesto.

gary4205 on December 1, 2010 at 12:57 AM

I have heard this from others. Looking forward to it.

KCB on December 1, 2010 at 12:59 AM

BTW… Why are these tools now re-emerging on Msnbc?

Stop it. Who is advising you?

If you go on MSNBC you are looking for attention.

You are not looking out for your country.

freedomplow on December 1, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Slowburn on December 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Governor Palin did fight and won against a GOP establishment.
You could consider it the same thing.

Kini on December 1, 2010 at 1:00 AM

gary4205 on December 1, 2010 at 12:57 AM

listening to tammy bruce rip the Joe’s of the world.

Man Joes needs a new one after this….

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Governor Palin did fight and won against a GOP establishment.
You could consider it the same thing.

Kini on December 1, 2010 at 1:00 AM

roflmao…good one

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 1:02 AM

“Rhetorically, Palin works without a net, or, at the least, without teleprompters. She usually speaks off the cuff. She writes her own Tweets. She’s frank, earnest and open, qualities the American people desire in a leader, but ones unrewarded in a time where every word can be recorded, dissected and repeated ad nauseam. While Obama is credited with having the common touch, Palin actually touches the common hands—and hearts. Liberals remain perplexed by her popularity, endlessly speculating about what it is that the American people see in Palin. Is it her looks? Her brashness? Her secret Tea Party cabal manipulating “Dancing with the Stars”? The real answer is that most Americans see themselves, someone who speaks honestly, and sometimes imperfectly, from the heart.”

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Gohawgs on December 1, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Nope. He’s still mourning for the death of his female staff in his office 10 years ago.

He couldn’t cope up that. I dunno why.

MSNBC is quite a fitting purgatory for Jo. To many liars in that den, like Jo.

TheAlamos on December 1, 2010 at 1:04 AM

good one

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Fighting the good fight, my friend.

Kini on December 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM

As for Truman, you failed to mention that he was a US Senator for 10 years prior to being elected as FDR’s VP in 1944.

In many ways, Truman makes the case for Palin: he never went to college (Sarah did), spoke with a flat accent (Sarah does that), had a failed haberdashery business (Palin’s never had a business fail) and the only time he’d been outside of the U.S. before he became president was to fight in WWI.

Palin couldn’t carry Truman or Reagan’s jock.

dakine on November 30, 2010 at 11:34 PM

We don’t want her to carry anyone’s jock; we just want her to lead the Free World.
And 0bama’s not worthy of washing the jocks of Reagan, Truman or Palin.

Jenfidel on December 1, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Jenfidel on December 1, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Bout time, where you’ve been?

Kini on December 1, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Twittering this morning about the latest effluence from that impotent chattering class — MSNBC’s “house conservative” Joe Scarborough’s Journolist/Cabalist temper tantrum about Sarah Palin’s “anti-intellectual”‘ and “dopey dream” of being president, and how come nobody’s paying attention to me!? (h/t Dan Riehl) — we stumbled upon this seductive metaphor from Lisa B:

Now we have a new psychological disorder in addition to Palin Derangement Syndrome. Palin Envy is rampant! Paging Dr. Sigmund Freud! :)

As we said in response:

Your Freudian “PALIN ENVY” is brilliant, by the way, given the cojones-challenged state of our GOP establishment. :)

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Great read over at The Other McCain.

I have said this repeatedly: Governor Palin in 2010 is in a very similar position to Hillary Clinton in 2006.

The media and party establishment are joined together in relentlessly attacking her because they have picked, together, a man they want as the next presidential nominee.

In this case, it is Mittens Romney. Against Hillary, it was Obama.

Clinton Derangement Syndrome keeps many Palin supporters from seeing that the same playbook used against HRC in 2008 is being used against the Governor now.

I personally have tried to address this directly, and have urged Palin supporters to learn from Hillary’s primary mistakes, but the bulk of them do not want to listen. Instead, they would just fill threads on those articles up with attacks on HRC for everything under the sun. They just can’t seem to help it. Like someone who just can’t stop badmouthing an ex boyfriend, where a conversation about farm subsidies could somehow be twisted into a diatribe about the time Joe forgot their anniversary and didn’t even get a card because he is an ass like that.

Or because it’s like the time he killed Vince Foster.

Ridiculous.

For those of us who WERE paying attention to the media-DNC tag team against HRC from 2006-2008 this media-RNC alliance against Governor Palin is unsurprisingly familiar.

Just saying.

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Joe’s wife is an exaide to Jeb bush. connection made….carry on

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 1:14 AM

I have heard this from others. Looking forward to it.

KCB on December 1, 2010 at 12:59 AM

I’m telling you, before you even get through the forward you realize you are reading something special. This chick gets it!

America would have to have a serious case of the stupid not to elect her. Even a bigger case of stupid than when it elected Obama.

listening to tammy bruce rip the Joe’s of the world.

Man Joes needs a new one after this….

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Oh she’s just brutal! Tammy has no use for the GOP elite whatsoever. She’s a recovering liberal and understands the RINOs are just as bad.

gary4205 on December 1, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Quote fail, let’s try again!

I have heard this from others. Looking forward to it.

KCB on December 1, 2010 at 12:59 AM

listening to tammy bruce rip the Joe’s of the world.

Man Joes needs a new one after this….

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 1:01 AM

gary4205 on December 1, 2010 at 1:15 AM

gary4205 on December 1, 2010 at 1:20 AM

It’s ridiculous.

Ted Torgerson on December 1, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Correct, and very ridicules.

How anyone that considers themselves a conservative, slam another conservative (proven from humble beginnings), use their Hody Tody snobbish condonation of an Up and Coming Star, with values we all have been praying for since Reagen, then Barbara, stay in Texas.

Kini on December 1, 2010 at 1:21 AM

I just got up to use the restroom. I am so glad Mr. Scarborough is going to form a new squish group. I guess working at MSNBC hadn’t already confirmed his insignificance. Explain this to me, it’s bad to label and denigrate unless it is directed to Gov. Palin? And no Ms. McCain, you nor your family are blue bloods, you still qualify as nouveau riche, your mom probably beefed up the lineage by marrying your dad, adding a history of long military excellence.

Cindy Munford on December 1, 2010 at 1:24 AM

well fun is over for me for the night.

One las thing. The establishment doesn’t get it. it’s not Palin its them.

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 1:26 AM

I just got up to use the restroom.

Cindy Munford on December 1, 2010 at 1:24 AM

I hope that you left the light on for OC. You know how he stumbles around in the dark…

Gohawgs on December 1, 2010 at 1:27 AM

then Barbara, stay in Texas.

Kini on December 1, 2010 at 1:21 AM

Nooooo! They are not native they are transplants, (especially in attitude/ideology) they can leave anytime.

bluemarlin on December 1, 2010 at 1:30 AM

You do realize that she didn’t write the book, right? She hired someone else to write it for her.

AngusMc on December 1, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Wow, that was a dazzling display of PDS from Joey Scarborough. I had to click on the link to see who had written that; from the tone of it, I thought it was the Forehead.

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Wish I could have been there but I had to work this morning and once I learned how long the line was, I didn’t know if a three-hour-ish drive to Little Rock would be wise considering by the time I got there I’d be so far back in the line I might not have gotten through. I slept outside in 20-degree temps for her last signing tho! Arkansas is Palin Country for sure!

NoLeftTurn on December 1, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Gohawgs on December 1, 2010 at 1:27 AM

LOL!

Cindy Munford on December 1, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Kini on December 1, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Christmas shopping…I do have a life outside of HA!
Shocking, right?

Jenfidel on December 1, 2010 at 1:39 AM

bluemarlin on December 1, 2010 at 1:30 AM

With respects. People here are falling all over themselves to build an Obama Presidential Library.

At least I’ll have water separating me that monument to socialism.

Kini on December 1, 2010 at 1:40 AM

dakine on December 1, 2010 at 12:27 AM

That “type” is Sarah Palin.

Vyce on December 1, 2010 at 1:41 AM

You do realize that she didn’t write the book, right?

Of course she wrote her own book!
It has her “voice.”

She hired someone else to write it for her.

AngusMc on December 1, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Really? Who?
And you know this… how?
Maybe someone did if for free to advance their agenda like Ayers did for 0bama when he ghost-wrote “Dreams from my Father.”

Jenfidel on December 1, 2010 at 1:41 AM

Shocking, right?

Jenfidel on December 1, 2010 at 1:39 AM

MEH! You missed a good fight tonight.

Kini on December 1, 2010 at 1:42 AM

That “type” is Sarah Palin.

Vyce on December 1, 2010 at 1:41 AM

No even close to being true!

Sarah’s personal life isn’t a mess, like Christine’s.
And she has a 20-year record in public service of accomplishment and good government, which Christine didn’t have.

Jenfidel on December 1, 2010 at 1:42 AM