Quotes of the day

posted at 10:45 pm on November 30, 2010 by Allahpundit

“What man or mouse with a fully functioning human brain and a résumé as thin as Palin’s would flirt with a presidential run? It makes the political biography of Barack Obama look more like Winston Churchill’s, despite the fact that the 44th president breezed into the Oval Office as little more than a glorified state senator.

“Still, Palin is undeterred, charging ahead maniacally while declaring her intention to run for the top office in the land if ‘nobody else will.’ Adding audacity to this dopey dream is that Palin can’t stop herself from taking swings at Republican giants. In the past month alone, she has mocked Ronald Reagan’s credentials, dismissed George H.W. and Barbara Bush as arrogant “blue bloods” and blamed George W. Bush for wrecking the economy…

“If Republicans want to embrace Palin as a cultural icon whose anti-intellectualism fulfills a base political need, then have at it. I suppose it’s cheaper than therapy.

“But if the party of Ronald Reagan, Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio wants to return to the White House anytime soon, it’s time that Republican leaders started standing up and speaking the truth to Palin.”

***
“TV’s Joe Scarborough, who today dismissed Sarah Palin as a symbol of ‘anti-intellectualism’ with a ‘dopey dream’ of being president, will help headline the launch next month of a new national group dedicated to restoring civility in politics.

“Scarborough, a Republican, former Florida congressman and host of “Morning Joe” on MSNBC, will participate in the debut event of “No Labels” on December 13 at Columbia University in New York…

“The message of the group, encapsulated in a ‘Declaration’ written by McKinnon, is a plea for calm, reason and cooperation.”

***
“I actually had to Google what the meaning of ‘blue bloods’ was, although I could surmise that it was some kind of knock against education and coming from a family of some success. Yes, in essence that is what this statement meant. Families that work hard and achieve a long line of successful people are ‘blue bloods’ and thus, she implied the opinions of said people are jaded and elitist, even if that family lineage has a long history of public service and leadership within Republican Party. Of course, Sarah Palin is also living the American dream, albeit a different one without the help of any kind of family lineage. She has a successful career that probably most Americans would want by earning millions for her reality show, appearances on Fox, and getting paid to go places and speak her mind. Both of these narratives exemplify why this country is still as Ronald Reagan famously put it ‘a shining city upon a hill.’…

“As Republicans we cannot risk heightening this cultural war to a higher level than it is already. It is not just the liberal elites versus the ‘real’ American Republicans, it is now becoming a war within the Republican Party itself about what kind of people we want leading the party. This type of rhetoric will continue to alienate and stereotype Republicans that don’t pass cultural purity tests. We are watching the old fashioned spirit of the Republican Party that once served us so well abused for the purpose of clever talking points.”

***
“What is particularly amusing is the GOP political-consulting complex circling the wagons to protect their fortress, as reported before Thanksgiving by Politico. Based on all this history, just who is it among the prospective 2012 candidates that they think will escape the ‘too dumb to be president’ treatment Palin will undergo were she to run? George Romney’s son Mitt, like his father a successful businessman turned governor? Mike Huckabee? Or a Pawlenty, Daniels, Barbour, Rubio, Perry, Jindal etc., etc., etc.?

“Dwight D. Eisenhower was a hero-general of World War II, the man who organized D-Day, the successful invasion of Europe — yet he was mocked from one end of the country to the other as nothing more than a bumbling, unimaginative fool. With the greatest of respect to all those under consideration for 2012, there is not an Eisenhower at the starting gate.

“Whoever emerges as the winner of the 2012 GOP nomination is in reality in line to be Palinized.”

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

We may it..400 posts!..I knew we could do it!..:)

PS..I’m sure Allah thanks everyone!..:)

Dire Straits on December 1, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Basilsbest on December 1, 2010 at 7:45 AM

There is no question with me if I will support her if she wins the primary: I’ve said for literally months right here on HA, that I will. I went so far as to vote for McShamnesty in ’08 in order to protect this country from the atrocity of Obama and I’ll do so again. I’ll vote for anyone against Obama.

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Monty Python is a dearly loved classic but everyday? Come on! “She’s a witch! She turned Joe into a newt!…He got better…But she’s a witch!”
She’s as qualified as their demigod and they know it, that’s what keeps them in torches and hay rakes.
But again, she’s
only that qualified. I respect her a little more everyday but I don’t want her in the white house while my grandchildren are on a foreign battlefield which I and Victor Hanson fear is quite possible.
Speak Sarah. I believe in you. Advise and assess wise as a mother and elder. But help us choose a warrior. After Barry I fear we will see many of our bothers, sisters, children in harms way.

onomo on December 1, 2010 at 8:51 AM

djohn669 on December 1, 2010 at 5:41 AM
Huh? I decided I disliked SP within 48 hours of the VP pick. There were no Palinstas back then. So their not liking me had nothing to do with my decision.
Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 8:44 AM

If you disliked Sarah so soon you are either a guilt-ridden pro-abortionist or a troll or perhaps both?

Basilsbest on December 1, 2010 at 8:53 AM

onomo on December 1, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Huh? You don’t want the only warrior in this game in the White House?

darwin on December 1, 2010 at 8:54 AM

-Aslan’s Girl Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Who is your candidate?

Basilsbest on December 1, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Huh? You don’t want the only warrior in this game in the White House?

darwin on December 1, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Is Bolton not running?..I would add him to the warrior column if he runs..:)

Dire Straits on December 1, 2010 at 8:57 AM

If there is anything that the libs do well it’s to let you know who they are very afraid of. The way Sarah is attacked as being an idiot is amazing. After all, the libs elected the biggest know nothing idiot into office and he’s been bringing the country down ever since. Howdy Doody would be better than Obama.

Wills on December 1, 2010 at 8:58 AM

I like Bolton, but you think Sarah cannot win the general. Bolton has about a snowball chance in hell.

djohn669 on December 1, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Is Bolton not running?..I would add him to the warrior column if he runs..:)

Dire Straits on December 1, 2010 at 8:57 AM

I don’t know. I like Bolton, but if you think the left goes nuts over Palin … they’ll go supernova if Bolton becomes a front runner. So much of their little plan is tied to the UN and we all know what Bolton thinks of the UN.

darwin on December 1, 2010 at 9:00 AM

darwin on December 1, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Excellent point!..They (liberals) would definitely go ballistic!..:)

Dire Straits on December 1, 2010 at 9:02 AM

djohn669 on December 1, 2010 at 8:59 AM

I agree Bolton would not win..But you do have to like his foreign affairs policy and the great mustache!..:)

Dire Straits on December 1, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Excellent point!..They (liberals) would definitely go ballistic!..:)

Dire Straits on December 1, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Right, which means we should give him serious consideration. Even as a VP he would have a devasting impact.

darwin on December 1, 2010 at 9:06 AM

darwin on December 1, 2010 at 9:06 AM

No I think everyone knows he would be a non-starter..:)

Dire Straits on December 1, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Oh goody. Another Adoring-Palin-Worshiper vs. Frothing-Palin-Hater thread.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

I’m just going to sit back here, enjoy my coffee, eat my buttered toast, and enjoy another fun-filled day of hysterical name calling, half-baked rumor, self-righteous indignation, half-lies, half-truths, and howling primal chest beating all with the inevitable and repetitive outcome of accomplishing absolutely nothing other than elevating the blood pressure of the combatants.

It’s so much fun! (Ow. Burnt myself. Coffee’s hot.)

Rod on December 1, 2010 at 9:10 AM

No I think everyone knows he would be a non-starter..:)

Dire Straits on December 1, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Really? He’s sharp as hell and has a great sense of humor. I bet he could win people over … imagine an interview with lefties screaming in the background, heads popping all over the place and Bolton just smiling with that great ‘stash.

At the very least Secretary of State.

darwin on December 1, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Meghan and others like her have no problem alienating and stereotyping conservative Republicans that don’t pass her cultural purity tests which consist of issues like repealing DADT, supporting amnesty, etc.

One could even argue that Meggie Mac stereotypes Sarah Palin in this very column.

Missy on December 1, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Sarah/Bolton was the ticket it would cause us to find out if the big bang was correct after all the heads of liberals exploded. :)

djohn669 on December 1, 2010 at 9:13 AM

darwin on December 1, 2010 at 9:12 AM

You make good points..I would definitely look at him as a good candidate..He could definitely make an excellent Sec of State..:)

PS..You are right about the mustache!..:)

PSS..Plus it great to see the liberals hit the boiling point!..:)

Dire Straits on December 1, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Point darwin.
I’ve just been immersed in “Pacific”. Still repulsed by Churchill after Buchanan’s “Unecessary War”.
Good point. She’ll have the God given wisdom to choose the right warriors with the right instructions “Keep our soldiers safe by killing our enemies.”
Will she have the ability to keep this country together when we finally begin to defend ourselves? When the casualty count gets high fast because of the cowards before her surrendering our safety for the sake of their personal power? -And I’m of the mind that every casket be seen. Every soldier/hero be morned-Certainly the past warriors in charge haven’t been that wise.
Well, they laughed at Reagan and he sure brought us back from a brink. What you think darwin? We’ve not seen bad at least I haven’t in my 50 years. I fear we’re due. And I fear soon we’re gonna need strengh and courage above and beyond reality tv… (sudden thoughts of “Death Valley Days”…)
Okay. Game darwin. Please disregard previous post ;)

onomo on December 1, 2010 at 9:17 AM

djohn669 on December 1, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Boy that would be something!..Code Pink would have to all be arrested and put in rubber rooms till after the election!..:)

Dire Straits on December 1, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Basilsbest on December 1, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Wow, Palinistas are always wrong with their guesses! Neither. I’ve been pro-life since I was 11 years old and was born-again. I’d hardly qualify as a troll since I’ve been a member here fornearly three years and haven’t been banned yet! Next you’ll guess that I <3 Romney (nope on that one, too!).

-Aslan's Girl

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Jenfidel on December 1, 2010 at 4:39 AM

Uh, the very quote to which I was responding used the word “evil”. All of the -cards I mentioned have been used repeatedly against anyone who doesn’t like SP for POTUs including the 150 post thread in headlines this very night. You’re either blind or are making things up yourself.

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 9:21 AM

If the Republican establishment starts to get behind Mitt, then its because he’s next in line. Maybe they promised it to him to drop out last time. It’s all about the deals and who gets what in order to screw the people again. Sarah wouldn’t raise taxes in a recession she’d lower them. She wouldn’t start a war to build a nation, and she definitely wouldn’t spend money we don’t have on things we don’t need like the Jesus covered with ants exhibit at the Smithsonian.

Kissmygrits on December 1, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Basilsbest on December 1, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Noone yet. *sigh*.

And a PS to your other post to me that I responded to above: the fact that Palin is pro-life is why I loved her for the first 48 hours of her nomination. So much for your theory that I’m a “guilt-ridden pro-abortionist”, huh?

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 9:19 AM

So what did you learn in those first 48 hours that has caused you to dislike Sarah so much? And who is your preferred candidate?

Basilsbest on December 1, 2010 at 9:28 AM

djohn669 on December 1, 2010 at 5:41 AM
Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Basilsbest on December 1, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Noone yet. *sigh*.

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 9:24 AM</

Trolling is sometimes a confusing task.

Basilsbest on December 1, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Is anyone else as outraged as I that lefties just make up lies about reality, and apparently don’t care that it makes them look bad?

disa on December 1, 2010 at 9:35 AM

So what made you change your mind about SP within 48 hours? What did she say/do?

Babino on December 1, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 8:44 AM

1) you realize that you don’t have to sign your posts, since they are labeled with your user name, right?

2) I’m curious about your blazing instinct to dislike Sarah Palin. What does she represent that you so quickly recognized and despise?

disa on December 1, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Basil, my two quotes aren’t contradictory if that’s what you’re implying. I decided I disliked her “within” the first 48 hours: that means I either actually had liked her at some point or was undecided. I happened to love her at first. An archive search will show my excitement at a pro-life woman being chosen. But, then I got to know her and it all fell apart. But not because she’s pro-life which is what you guessed.

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 9:38 AM

But, then I got to know her and it all fell apart

In 48 hours you got to know her, based on which information and from which sources?

Sorry, you’re a flake.

disa on December 1, 2010 at 9:41 AM

disa on December 1, 2010 at 9:37 AM

And you do realize that my signed name differs from my handle, right? An apostrophe, perhaps? HA doesn’t allow apostrohpes in handles so I add the one I wanted.

As for why I stopped liking Palin: it was her handling of her young daughter’s out-of-wedlock pregnancy that started it. She had a daughter who was in a time of need and she decided to accept the VP nomination anyway; traipsing about the country when her family was in crisis. That was the beginning of realizing that she wasn’t what I had hoped. A lot of other things piled up after that.

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 9:43 AM

That’s a pretty weird reason. It’s not like if she didn’t accept the nomination the pregnancy would go away or something. It was a done deal.

darwin on December 1, 2010 at 9:47 AM

I feel that I have been blindsided and if everyone had been up front about this (i.e. a marriage), I would have still supported Palin knowing that there was no shock to come. Now, I feel a bit used that the news came out only after everyone was thrilled, donated millions of dollars, and the news could get buried by the hurricane and the first day of convention.

This is supposed to be a happy time. McCain chose a conservative instead of a Lieberman or a Ridge, it’s the convention which is our once-every-four-years celebration, and all my favorite Republicans are getting airtime. Instead, all of my favorite Republicans are out having to defend Gov. Palin. I’m not even looking forward to my Fred! as much now as I had been because all he’s going to talk about is this. This shouldn’t have been handled this way, there should be nothing to defend because the couple either should already be married or the Palins/McCain let the public know sooner. In which case this whole thing would get very little airtime because there would be no scandal.

I’m sure I’ll be told that at least she’s not killing the baby, well, in my opinion that’s a given. I am not so back-slidden that the very fact that one isn’t killing one’s baby is enough to totally ignore the fact that there was premarital sex and as yet, no marriage.

I feel Allah’s pessimism and am glad that I’m not alone. I do feel like there’s more bad news to come because now I have had my trust broken. Call me naive, but that is how I feel. I would feel much differently if I didn’t feel so lied to. I’m sure I’ll come around, and hopefully Palin’s speech goes a long way to accomplishing that, but I cannnot as a Christian act like this behaviour is completely acceptable. I expect more from my fellow Christians, first I expect that there will be self-control from premarital sex, but in the event of a pregnancy, I expect a quick wedding as well as some shame, not parading around on the national stage while the mother gets the VP position. Yes, this is judgmental, and I don’t know that there wasn’t shame in the beginning, but imo, Bristol Palin should have stayed home.

I’m not looking forward to the flaming that this post will receive, but there it is.

-In sadness, Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 2, 2008 at 8:29 PM

I apologize for suggesting that you are pro abortion. Obviously I was wrong and you are right. You are naive. And hysterical. There is no such thing as a perfect candidate.
There is also no one who has done a better job of criticizing Obama than the woman you appear to detest.

Basilsbest on December 1, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Excellent piece by Scarborough–every sentence is dead on, even if the vast majority of HA posters refuse to hear the truth.

exlibris on December 1, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Very stupid comment by exlibris – every word is moronic.

Basilsbest on December 1, 2010 at 10:08 AM

exlibris on December 1, 2010 at 9:57 AM

You, like Scarborough, lack the common sense God gives a dog.

And I am no fan of Palin-for-President in the first place. But this statement is absurd on its face; it grants to Obama a resume that he never had, and that Obama himself laughed at upon election to the Senate.

Jaibones on December 1, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Meghan, darling, sweetheart: I’ve said this before to some folks here, and now it’s time to say it to you:

1. The Republican Party of 1952 made a 5-star general and conquering hero of WW2 fight a longtime, tired pol inappropriately nicknamed “Mr. Republican” for the Presidential nomination. All the way to the floor of the convention. This was after 20 years of being out of the White House.

2. The Republican Party of 1968 did not want Richard Nixon back. At all. So much so, that the party delegates from Nixon’s native California nominated Ronald Reagan instead of him, which led to a near-ballot fight at the Miami convention. This was after the Goldwater disaster.

3. The Republican Party of 1980 felt Ronald Reagan was too old, washed up, and damaged by “Death Valley Days” and “Bedtime for Bonzo” to be anything close to an effective candidate after the Watergate years.

4. Yet, the Republican Parties of 1988 and 2000 were four-square united behind both Bushes.

What do we learn from the above, Meghan? That primary fights ARE GOOD THINGS. No matter how petty they may seem.

I’m in no mood for the sort of forced “unity” that Karl Rove practiced, and real party unity will come in due course.

BradSchwartze on December 1, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Aslan’s Girl

Your insistence that a wedding should necessarily have followed the moment after Bristol realized she was pregnant demonstrates very poor judgment. There are some things worse than giving birth out of wedlock – marrying an asshole being one. Sarah Palin has a daughter who got pregnant while unmarried. She didn’t sit in the church of a racist pastor for 20 years and choose him as mentor and she didn’t have an unrepentant terrorist co-author her book.

Good luck finding that perfect candidate.

Basilsbest on December 1, 2010 at 10:23 AM

scarborough and mccain, conservative voices.

When we all stop laughing nothing else need be said.

peacenprosperity on December 1, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Didn’t the mainstream media tell us that john mccain was the only republican who could beat barry? In that case, according to them, we shouldn’t even runa candidate this time around because the only guy who could win got trounced.

The message of the group, encapsulated in a ‘Declaration’ written by McKinnon

mckinnon didn’t even vote for his boss. He and the foul nicole simpson are the scum that occupies the swamp known as washington dc. These are the people who set up Palin in the couric booby trap and didn’t heed her warnings and desire to stop enabling the little pimple katie.

peacenprosperity on December 1, 2010 at 10:34 AM

The first two series of quotes are from people we should never listen to. We did not ask for their advice.

Whether you are for Palin or against her, all conservatives should pay attention to the Spectator article. Whoever the nomination is from the Rs in 2012 will be Palinized. If you are conservative and a Palin detractor, you should stand up to the Palinizing media. I do not understand why the establishment republicans do not get this.

mwbri on December 1, 2010 at 10:50 AM

I do not understand why the establishment republicans do not get this.

mwbri on December 1, 2010 at 10:50 AM

because they are not conservatives they just play one on TV.

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM

I actually had to Google what the meaning of ‘blue bloods’ was….

Ironic that she then goes on to say it’s a dig against education, no? Meggie, buhbula, it’s not against education…it’s against people who think they’re entitled to fame, power…or a national audience to read their drivel…simply because of their lineage.

Hint.

Hint.

James on December 1, 2010 at 11:00 AM

unseen on December 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Agreed that they are not conservatives, but if one of these- not-conservatives wins the Rs nomination, said not-conservative republican will be summarily Palinized. Dumb strategy. Oh, the irony that will come crashing down on them.

mwbri on December 1, 2010 at 11:12 AM

mwbri on December 1, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Because Sarah Palin is, for the moment, the competition? See my comment above when it comes to the appropriateness of the nomination fight in ’12.

BradSchwartze on December 1, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Then don’t vote for her.

All fixed.

portlandon on December 1, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Easy enough.

But once we “establishment RINOs” conspire against her so that the “not-Palin”, whomever that is, secures the nomination instead of her, the interesting thing will be to see if the Palinistas actually support the “not-Palin” or whether you-all just sit home.

At this point, I believe most of you Palinistas would just sit home. Which would, of course, make all of your proclamations about defeating Obama being the number one concern, to be unadulterated BS on your part.

Vyce on December 1, 2010 at 1:56 AM

Actually, Most Palin supporters were shown to be the most loyal to the Republican party. It is the Mitt Romney supporters who would be more likely to vote for Obama if Mitt didn’t win. It makes one wonder just how principled Romney supporters are to small government and Conservatism in general.

portlandon on December 1, 2010 at 11:43 AM

And PDS enters the Twilight Zone stage.

So what have we learned from the haters on this thread? Why, not only is Sarah Palin unfit to lick Reagan’s boots, but people all over the political spectrum — left, center, and right — all agree with MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough that Palin is even unfit to lick Obama’s boots because she manages to make him look like Winston Churchill. Not only that, but she has a personality disorder, AND everything she supposedly wrote — books, Facebook posts, and all — were actually penned by other people. No, really, Rebecca Mansour is happy to pretend to be Sarah Palin and write all of Sarah’s Facebook posts for her while Sarah sits in the background gibbering incoherently. Oh, and her cluelessness makes Meghan McCain look like Paul Ryan. See, Sarah Palin is fit only to be a cheerleader for the GOP cause. Oh wait, no she isn’t either, because now we realize she has cost the GOP the Senate this year.

(We haven’t heard yet that that bit about Sarah endorsing over 90 candidates, and over 60 of those actually winning the election, is just bulls__t and that the only people Sarah actually endorsed were all losers, but give the haters time.)

Oh yeah, and nobody has come on the scene who would be a decent GOP candidate for President in 2012, but we have to do everything possible to ridicule and shame Sarah Palin off the stage before she even gets the opportunity to run in the primary, because she’s another Christine O’Donnell/Sharon Angle candidate with absolutely no experience (because being a commissioner, a mayor, and a governor, and having 20 years of executive experience as a result, really doesn’t count for anything when we have so many Yale and Harvard graduates to choose from who have spent most of their adult lives inside the Beltway).

Have I missed anything? I know I must have missed quite a lot.

You know, if I thought the haters hammered the destructive nitwit we have as President RIGHT NOW even a tenth as hard as they hammer Sarah Palin, I could at least believe that they really are concerned with getting a decent President into the White House.

Aitch748 on December 1, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Aitch748 on December 1, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Oh, yeah. The personality disorder one is a new one on me. I hadn’t heard that one yet.

Fortunately, because she is a crazy person with a personality disorder.
PrezHussein on December 1, 2010 at 4:54 AM

The old “nuts and sluts” tactic to discredit a woman. They tried the slut one early on during 2008, but it got no traction. Luckily for them they had Bristol and turned that sweet girl into the “slut” to reflect poorly on her mother. Never mind that the Palins never glorified it, but instead put it in proper perspective. Never mind that if the girl had an abortion (like so many do) no one would know that she was engaging in behavior that at least 75% of girls her age unfortunately do.

So now we have the “nuts” accusation. When she is one of the most sensible and grounded politician I’ve seen in years. And has a lovely and NORMAL

You would think that since they think Sarah is so unfit on so many levels (including her intellect and experience) that they wouldn’t have to resort to the “nuts and sluts” approach.

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM

meant to add NORMAL and loving family and extended family.

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Meant the girl DIDN’T have an abortion.

Sorry. I’m rushed. I better get off here and go put up my Christmas tree.

lol Have a good day all.

Elisa on December 1, 2010 at 1:03 PM

It must be very shocking to many that ‘just anybody’ can consider running for the president of the United States.

Observation on December 1, 2010 at 1:16 PM

This ones for you the devoted Palin liar.

from Game Change: “…her grasp of rudimentary facts and concepts was minimal. Palin couldn’t explain why North and South Korea were separate nations. She didn’t know what the Fed did. Asked who attacked America on 9/11, she suggested several times that it was Saddam Hussein. Asked to identify the enemy that her son would be fighting in Iraq, she drew a blank… Later, on the plane, Palin said to her team, “I wish I’d paid more attention to this stuff.””

PrezHussein on December 1, 2010 at 4:23 AM

Yeah some book written by known liars

If you REALLY don’t think Palin didn’t know who her son was going to fight (or any of the other BS you posted) then you are quite simply too stupid to even exist.

gary4205 on December 1, 2010 at 1:17 PM

And here lies the problem. You think anyone who doesn’t want Palin as POTUS is “evil”. This is why some Palinistas get called “Palinbots” as bad as “Obamabots”. Palinbots automatically play the victim-card on SP’s behalf (liberal tactic), the gender-card (liberal tactic), the jealousy-card (liberal tactic and oh, so high-school), assume anyone who doesn’t like her is a Romney-plant, or brainwashed by the MSM.

There are reasons why I do not want her as POTUS, and none of the above are the reasons why.

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 4:33 AM

I see you don’t comprehend a little late night humor and chain pulling. Like any good troll you went for the bait!

gary4205 on December 1, 2010 at 1:21 PM

George H.W. Bush is a WW2 Hero at 18. Thats the kind of blue blood we could use. Not a Sarah Heath that gets knocked up by Curtis Menard and finds the a Palin boy to get hitched too.

PrezHussein on December 1, 2010 at 4:39 AM

OMG you pathetic Romney troll now you are quoting “palingates” a bunch of deranged idiots out of Germany who swear Trig is really Sarah’s grandson?

Man, could you beclown yourself more?

No one took you seriously anyhow, but now I hope they just laugh and ignore you.

Palingates, what a clown you are.

gary4205 on December 1, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Her Facebook entries are widely believed to be written by former Conservatives4Palin blogger Rebecca Mansour, who gets paid regularly by Palin for “internet messaging” services.

AngusMc on December 1, 2010 at 8:40 AM

People “widely believe” in UFOs and Santa Claus (if you count kids as people)

Doesn’t make either true.

Sarah writes her own stuff moron. RAM lives in California, not Alaska.

This is just like you lying about what is in her book that you’ve never seen but all of us have by our sides.

You are by far the dumbest troll yet.

Go back to troll school and learn your craft, or go hang out at HuffPoo where you belong.

gary4205 on December 1, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Joe’s op ed didn’t make sense. Neither did Noonan’s column, which he played off of.

Who credibly suggests that she was “attacking” Reagan? Come on!

But the ratings are out, and he’s BARELY above Joy Behar’s show, and believe me….she’s nearly dead last.

This is Joe’s Hail Mary shot to get his ratings up.

AnninCA on December 1, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Joe is an idiot. And he needs to shut up.
Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis. Lori Klausutis.
RIP. Lori, not Joe’s political career.

JeffinOrlando on December 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM

A puppet talking mouse would get better ratings than anyone on MSNBC. And they doubt Palin’s intelligence?

I am available to do a show with said mouse and a warmongering lion.

IlikedAUH2O on December 1, 2010 at 2:40 PM

i’m no joe scarborough fan but he’s right in this case. why is palin knocking bush and reagan? can’t she just raise money behind the scenes? she’s good for bringing the party $$ but i don’t want her to be the face of the party or the next nominee.

and meghan mccain needs to go away. palin is the only reason anyone (including me) gave a buck to her daddy’s campaign so i don’t know where she gets off now trying to make a career out of bashing palin.

anna on December 1, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Trolling is sometimes a confusing task.

Basilsbest on December 1, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Puhleez . Asian’s Girl posts here a lot more than you and is thoughtful. I am Palin friendly and would vote for her but now you and the Garys are even annoying me.

CWforFreedom on December 1, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Trolling is sometimes a confusing task.

Basilsbest on December 1, 2010 at 9:33 AM

You know that account is used by like 12 different concern trolls, right?

Sometimes, the details get lost amongst them, but the narrative remains the same.

Anything to keep Mr. Axlerod sending them checks, eh Axlerod’s Girl(s)?

SuperCool on December 1, 2010 at 6:58 PM

darwin on December 1, 2010 at 9:47 AM

She would’ve been here for her daughter. That would’ve been good for her family. Family first.

Reading my archived posted that BasilsBeast found, I’d say I was too temperate. Looking back, all I can think is that Palin should never have accepted the nomination in the first place; her daugher was in a time of cirsis and needed her mother. Instead, Bristol’s problem was broadcast to the whole world and she felt pressured to marry an idiot. The whole thing should’ve been private. SP knew of Bristol’s situation before she accepted, McCain said he knew before he offered. SP put politics ahead of her family and it showed a power-hungry side to her that has manifested itself in so many ways since then (her reality show, DWTS, replying to every insult inc. Letterman who doesn’t deserve the time of day, etc, etc). On top of that, the entire conservative movement was forced into defending something they had never hitherto defended: pre-marital sex. So many conservatives came out and used the liberal emotional thinking of “who hasn’t?” It was a ridiculous position to be in.

Two years on, there are a lot more reasons than this for why I don’t want Palin for POTUS and that includes policy as well as personal.

-Aslan’s Girl

PS Basils, thanks ever so for calling me names. Class.

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 7:41 PM

CWforFreedom on December 1, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Thanks. Funny, the only time I’m ever accused of being a troll is the rare time I criticize Palin… noone seems to think that when I’m beating up on O and Meeeeechelle. Or any other time when I post here. It’s an easy way to dismiss a poster who is conservative but doesn’t follow their cult of Sarah. Blinders. Conservatives who don’t support her exist, as shocking as that is to the ‘bots.

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Aslans Girl on December 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Jenfidel went after me last week and accused me of using my autism as an excuse for ‘trollery’. I’ve been commenting here 5 years and was a semi-regular on AP’S blog for about 1-2 years before that.
Don’t waste your time on Jenfidel and her ilk.
Their need to go for the jugular of anyone that strays off the Palin reservation-I LIKE Gov. Palin btw, just not for president-says more about them that it does about us.
*smiles*
-Barb

annoyinglittletwerp on December 2, 2010 at 2:15 AM

Thanks, Barb! *Smiles* backatcha!

Aslans Girl on December 2, 2010 at 9:23 AM