PPP 2012 poll: Mike Bloomberg fee-vah not yet raging among Americans

posted at 8:16 pm on November 29, 2010 by Allahpundit

I don’t get it. The media sure seems to like him, what with the GOP having been captured by those darned wingnuts and their beloved Bambi turning into the god that failed. Surely a low-charisma technocrat billionaire who bought himself the mayor’s job and is known for spouting bromides about the Ground Zero mosque and salt is just what America’s craving in 2012.

Here’s another reason for the media to like him:

Massive amounts of attention have been given over the last few years to a possible Michael Bloomberg Presidential run in 2012. And a new PPP poll finds that he is indeed a unifier- Democrats, Republicans, and independents all don’t like him.

Only 19% of Americans expressed a favorable opinion of Bloomberg on our most recent national poll while 38% said they see him unfavorably. That -19 favorability spread makes him more unpopular than Barack Obama, Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, and even Sarah Palin and places him slightly ahead of only Newt Gingrich. Republicans are the most negative toward him, giving him a 12/48 favorability. Independents weigh in at 19/37, and only Democrats even come close to rating him positively with 24% saying they have a favorable opinion of him to 30% with a negative one…

It does appear at this point that Bloomberg would hurt Republicans (or at least Romney) more than he’d hurt Obama. Asked who they would support in a head to head between Obama and Romney, 50% of Bloomberg’s supporters say Romney to only 21% for Obama. As a result that gives Obama a 6 point lead in a three way with Romney when it’s only a single point in a head to head.

I’m surprised that the only three-way race they polled was between Obama, Bloomberg, and Romney. It stands to reason that Bloomy would hurt a centrist Republican nominee more. Against a more conservative nominee, like Palin, maybe not so much. Speaking of which, Obama leads her head to head by nine points, which is greater than his lead over Romney (one point), Huckabee (three points), and even Gingrich (six points). Her favorable rating among Republicans is high at 67 percent (although Huck’s is a point higher), but at 25 percent her unfavorables are greater than either Huckabee’s or Romney’s, both of whom are less well known. And as usual, there are electability questions:

Sarah Palin might think she could get elected President in 2012, but few Americans agree. Only 28% of voters in the country think that Palin is capable of defeating Barack Obama while 60% think she is not and 12% aren’t sure.

What might be most troubling for Palin within those numbers is that less than half of Republicans think she’s capable of beating Obama- 48% think she would be able to, 37% think she would not be able to, and 15% have no opinion. Republicans continue overwhelmingly to like Palin- 67% have a favorable opinion of her- but a pretty large number of them have serious electability concerns about her.

It’s worth flagging those numbers now as a data point for comparison later as she gets closer to formally declaring a run. I assume the number of Republicans who think she’s electable will only go up once the idea of her candidacy is a fait accompli; it may be that skeptics are airing doubts now to try to keep her out of that race and that they’ll rally once they have to live with the fact of her running. Or are the anti-Palin centrist Republicans so adamant in their opposition that they’ll actually stay home if she’s the nominee? Coons/O’Donnell redux?

Obama does the same with Democrats against all of the top 4 Republicans, getting 83-84%. There are big differences with Republicans though. Romney and Huckabee each get 87% of the GOP vote, but Gingrich gets only just 81% and Palin’s even lower at 79%. There’s a small but meaningful group of Republicans who are very hesitant to commit to supporting Gingrich or Palin even if they end up with the party nomination. There’s also a wide divide with independents depending on whether the GOP nominee is Palin or one of the others. Obama ties Romney with them and leads Huckabee and Gingrich by only 2 and 3 points respectively with them, but against Palin his advantage expands to 12 points.

I’m expecting a small but significant conservative minority to stay home if Mitt’s the nominee too, mainly because they can’t bring themselves to cast a ballot for the man responsible for RomneyCare. As eager as Republicans are to beat The One, there are some bridges that are simply too far to cross. Or am I misreading that and all of the “Mittens”-haters in our comments are ready to turn out for him if he’s the pick in 2012? I’m not even going to ask about Huckabee.

Exit question: Is Rick Perry running? And if he is, is he a consensus alternative?

Comments

This tool better stay out of the race. Hes even more of a nanny stater than some in the Obama Administration.

jawkneemusic on November 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM

I don’t get it.

we commoner’s aren’t suppose too. You should know this!

my husbands head is going to explode. He hates Perry… something about farming and Perry screwed it up in TX. I don’t know.

upinak on November 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Just out of curiosity what is the male vs female breakdown of Palin ?

Women are traditionally harder on women candidates.

William Amos on November 29, 2010 at 8:23 PM

People who aren’t terribly sure what’s going on, how economies work or what they believe… UNITE!

mankai on November 29, 2010 at 8:24 PM

I’m not even going to ask about Huckabee.

But you really do not have too. Since you/someone seems to post them quite often.

upinak on November 29, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Gun grabber.

MikeZero on November 29, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Since there isn’t a spot of difference between a big nanny stater like Bloomberg and a liberal Republican like Romney, I’m sure Bloomy might cause Romney some heartburn.

But Romney will never be the nominee, so not much to worry about.

As for Perry, he’d make a great president, but since he’s taking over the RGA, that won’t happen. Can’t do both.

I do however think he’s on Sarah Palin’s short list for Veep, and I doubt he’d turn her down.

gary4205 on November 29, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I dislike Mitt but would vote for him in 2012 vs Obama (not in the primaries)

Then if he is elected sic Sarah on him keeping is wax feet to the fire. Mitt would make a great one term president.

William Amos on November 29, 2010 at 8:26 PM

So the hardcore 8% GOP Palin haters are holding the GOp party hostage if we don’t nominatee Mitt. I see. So the entire GOP partyshould kow-tow to win those 8% of liberals who most likely will vote for Obama anyhow at the end of the day like they did in 2008.

Screw them i say.

unseen on November 29, 2010 at 8:28 PM

There are “other candidates” for the Republican Party to consider seriously. I think Mike Pence would make a great President, (compared to what we now have in this office), and Sarah Palin would be a great VP in this duo.

These current polls don’t carry much weight imo.

Rovin on November 29, 2010 at 8:28 PM

OF COURSE. When have centrist moderate rinos EVER gotten behind a conservative nominee??

Every time a moderate wins conservatives have to step in line

Every time EVERY TIME a conservative wins the moderate rinos act like babies

See:

John Anderson vs Reagan

Scozzafozza vs Hoffman

Castle vs ODonnell

Crist vs Rubio

……rinos NEVER get in line.

picklesgap on November 29, 2010 at 8:29 PM

So Newt has the higest unfavorables of the lot and yet there is no outcry of Newt don’t run. Newt can’t win the general, Newt if he runs will destroy the GOp’s chances of winning the general……imagine that…

unseen on November 29, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Rovin on November 29, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Pence came out for a flat tax today, and holding spending at 20% of GDP. If he runs on that along with not bashing socons, I think he has a very good shot.

TimTebowSavesAmerica on November 29, 2010 at 8:31 PM

If we conservatives could vote for McCain, we can vote for any piece of crud they put up against The One. Unfortunately.

IrishEi on November 29, 2010 at 8:31 PM

……rinos NEVER get in line.

picklesgap on November 29, 2010 at 8:29 PM

tha tis because liberals in the GOp understand they can not work with conservatives accept to defeat them. therefor they will never back a conservative. so we will either have to “accept” Rinos in the drivers seat or find a way to ditch them at the next pit stop. Or we need to find another car.

unseen on November 29, 2010 at 8:32 PM

From where comes this assumption that Romney would ever be the GOP nominee?

It’s just not going to happen.

I wish it were possible to to somehow disqualify all the 2008 GOP candidates. They had their turn.

SlaveDog on November 29, 2010 at 8:32 PM

IrishEi on November 29, 2010 at 8:31 PM

I voted for Palin not McCain thank you very much

unseen on November 29, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Okay, a hypothetical for Allahpundit.

November 6, 2012.

(A) Exercise right to vote and be forced to vote for –

D – Obama
I – Bloomberg
R – Palin

(B) Say the hell with it and stay home and snuggle with your cats.

chief on November 29, 2010 at 8:34 PM

TimTebowSavesAmerica on November 29, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Pence just reminds me of ducan hunter. He says the right things but at the end of the day his support is too small to impact a national election. I think hunter ended up with 1% of the vote. I could see Pence getting 5% in a primary.

unseen on November 29, 2010 at 8:35 PM

SlaveDog on November 29, 2010 at 8:32 PM

I voted for Palin not McCain thank you very much

unseen on November 29, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Didn’t we all….didn’t we all…

IrishEi on November 29, 2010 at 8:36 PM

I am surprised anyone paid for a poll with Charlie Crist oops Bloomberg in it!

bluemarlin on November 29, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Bloomberg is an idiot who could never be trusted with national security issues.

Connie on November 29, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Exit Answer: This Texan spits on sidewalk.

Limerick on November 29, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Bloomberg = THIS

Kini on November 29, 2010 at 8:43 PM

gary4205 on November 29, 2010 at 8:26 PM

There’s no reason for her to pick him as VP. Texas is in her pocket already, if she’s the nominee. She needs to pick someone from a swing state with crossover appeal, policy wonkishness would be good too. Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Tim Pawlenty, Mitch Daniels, etc., would all be good choices for her, giving a yin to her yang.

Plus, I’m not itching for David Dewhurst for governor.

lizzie beth on November 29, 2010 at 8:44 PM

upinak on November 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM

About 5 years ago Perry almost got burned at the stake, literally.

Here’s the deal I-35 runs from the Mexican border to the Canadian border. It runs right through the Heart of Texas. They have widened it to the point they can’t do it any more. Runs through the heart of too many cities, like where I live.

Perry had the bright idea to build the “Texas Corridor” which would sorta mirror I-35, but just to the east. The damned thing was going to be ten miles wide and it had all of the typical liberal ideas like high speed rail. Liberals love trains because they can control your actions if you don’t have cars.

Anyhow, this monstrosity was going to cut through some of the best farm land on earth. Good rich, black dirt.

Texans were fit to be tied. The Czech folks around here lost their minds! They were the ones who were gonna get hurt. It got ugly!

Perry faced the usual generic democrat as well as two independents. One was Kinky Friedman, a singer, songwriter political satirist and novelist. He’s sort of the Will Rogers of our time. Liberals/ old hippies love him.

Scott McClennan’s mom ran as well. She was our Comptroller.

Perry learned his lesson and has gotten serious about being a Conservative.

Before 2006 he was doing a lot of things that had Texans ready to throw him out.

I think the best thing you can say about Perry is he will at least listen and change.

BTW, he’s a former democrat, like Reagan was.

He’s not the most Conservative, that would be Palin, but he’s no dummy. Texas is in great shape compared to the rest of the country.

We’re all hoping if for some reason Sarah doesn’t run, Perry takes a second look at secession!

gary4205 on November 29, 2010 at 8:44 PM

wow. Hotair is running like a scalded dog tonight.

I just might be able to post 3 comments in the next half hour.

ted c on November 29, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Assuming they’d have to have a favorable opinion of Bloomberg to vote for him, 75% of Republicans that approve of Bloomberg would vote for him compared to just 25% of approving Democrats. Seems weird.

theperfecteconomist on November 29, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Allah, do Americans know enough about Bloomberg to really have an opinion, or for conservatives to view him any differently than Obama? Everything I know about him is negative. He seems like a combo of the Obamas worst qualities, nannyism, super lib, etc., I guess he’s more competent than Barry, but does it take much at this point to be more competent than Barry?

lizzie beth on November 29, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Bloomberg doesn’t know what a Victory Mosque is. So the rich tool is not even remotely qualified. I like Mitt but he won’t be the nominee, who I like even more. The nominee will be Sarah and her running mate will be Marco Rubio. From Northwest to Southeast, they will have the whole country covered except for New England.

Obama is finished. It will be one Obamateurism after another for the next 2 years.

Basilsbest on November 29, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Rick Perry killed an innocent man. I hate the Huckster but I would vote for him over Perry.

MFn G I M P on November 29, 2010 at 8:49 PM

If Palin runs, probably not.

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2010 at 8:50 PM

unseen on November 29, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Naaah, obviously we got our different candidates. But Pence is considered an excellent speaker, through and through. He’s a member of leadership and is routinely on tv, unlike past congressional candidates. He’s a dark horse for sure, nothing even remotely guaranteed. But he could be this cycle’s Huck, if he does well in the public eye. You got your gal; I got my guy.

TimTebowSavesAmerica on November 29, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I hope Mike Pence runs for Governor.

I like Pence, but would not feel comfortable with a nominee who has yet to win a statewide election at the top of the ticket. I am not a big proponent of Senators as the nominee either becuase of the lack of executive experience, but at least they have won on a statewide level.

I am a big fan of Pence, Paul Ryan, and other House of Representative members, but it’s a big jump from winning a district to winning a national election. Baby steps folks.

chief on November 29, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Rick Perry has alot of baggage of his own:
1) Trans Texas Corridor
2) Signing the 2001 bill that granted illegals in state tuition.
3) His reaction to AZ 1070.

TxAnn56 on November 29, 2010 at 8:52 PM

You can have my table salt when you pry it from my cold, dead shaker.

Bishop on November 29, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Be nice if he ran big, spent bigger and was the biggest failure. It would be a good example of a billionaire giving something back for nothing in return. Hubris made altruism by democracy.

BL@KBIRD on November 29, 2010 at 8:54 PM

*Pinches self*

I must be in a parallel universe with this revelation on Bloomy!!

canopfor on November 29, 2010 at 8:55 PM

jawkneemusic on November 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Indeed. He makes Huckster look like James Madison by comparison, and that’s sayin’ something!

NoLeftTurn on November 29, 2010 at 8:55 PM

I’ll vote fore a table lamp over Obama….but I still want someone to vote for.

GardenGnome on November 29, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Rick Perry has alot of baggage of his own:
1) Trans Texas Corridor
2) Signing the 2001 bill that granted illegals in state tuition.
3) His reaction to AZ 1070.

TxAnn56 on November 29, 2010 at 8:52 PM

4)Trying to mandate that girls must have the HPV shot.
5) His inaction about the border until he thought it could do him good.

He was the best that we had to vote for, Texas has survived well through this recession which he deserves credit but I do not think I want him for President.

bluemarlin on November 29, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Did we really need a poll to tell us the blindingly obvious? Bloomberg is too liberal to get Republicans to vote for him and not liberal enough to get Democrats to vote for him. In a polarized nation, he’s staked a position so firmly in the middle that neither side even notices him. Only a media reeling from the thought of those awful wingnut tea-partiers would even care enough to think Bloomberg was worth polling and investigating.

tom on November 29, 2010 at 8:59 PM

And Obama had “executive experience”?

Rovin on November 29, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Plus, I’m not itching for David Dewhurst for governor.

lizzie beth on November 29, 2010 at 8:44 PM

You should understand that Sarah isn’t going to do the normal deal. She’s going to pick someone she trusts who can actually help her get the job done.

She and Perry are buddies. She is a huge lover of all things Texas, and has a “Southern White House” here.

To me it’s just a hunch. A feeling.

All I know is they are good friends.

If not Perry, then another strong CONSERVATIVE Governor. Maybe Bobby Jindal, but I don’t know.

One thing she DOESN’T need is a “policy wonk” those are the idiots who got in in this mess to start with!

RINOs like T-Paw and Daniels need not apply.

I don’t trust Rubio, he’s ran to easily to the elites, and away from the Tea party. If we’re going to pick someone who has yet to serve a day in Congress, I’d trust Allen West. He has no executive experience, but he’s had plenty command experience under fire. He’s the sort that would serve Sarah well and could certainly learn how to be President.

Herman Cain comes to mind as well. Sharp fellow.

Paul Ryan is an interesting choice and might work.

The problem is we need all of these Congresscritters where they are. The good ones anyway.

It will be interesting to see who she actually picks. You can bet it will be every bit as interesting as when McCain chose her!

What we do not need is a forced marriage like Reagan/Bush. That was a dumb idea and hurt Conservatism.

gary4205 on November 29, 2010 at 9:01 PM

I can’t imagine his salt ban would attract anyone outside NYC and San Fransisco.

clement on November 29, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Ill hold my nose and vote for just about anyone against Obama in 2012….except Huckabee. Id rather chew aluminum foil then even consider voting for that tool.

alecj on November 29, 2010 at 9:02 PM

MFn G I M P on November 29, 2010 at 8:49 PM

What? He killed an innocent man or he did not give a pardon to someone that a jury of his peers convicted? While I have my issues with Governor Perry, that statement is ridiculous.

bluemarlin on November 29, 2010 at 9:04 PM

bluemarlin on November 29, 2010 at 8:58 PM

He’s not my preference either, especially because of the border; however, like GardenGnome above, I too will vote for a table lamp over Obama.

TxAnn56 on November 29, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Let’s see if I understand this latest bit of analytical insight from AllahP….

Blah blah blah… Palin sucks.
Blah blah blah and more blah… Palin sucks.
Blah blah and a dash of blah… Palin really really sucks.

Okay, I think I got it now.

Why I even bother to open these posts any more, I wonder.

IndieDogg on November 29, 2010 at 9:06 PM

tom on November 29, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Bloomberg is in the middle? He’s a centrist? He seems pretty far left in a lot of his big gov’t initiatives and he’s by no means a Statist Traditionalist, if you will. So how could he be centrist?

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2010 at 9:07 PM

alecj on November 29, 2010 at 9:02 PM

I don’t like Huck, but I’d vote for him over Bloomberg.

MeatHeadinCA on November 29, 2010 at 9:08 PM

AP- I’m Shocked. Shocked I tell ya!

You did not mention that Obama only leads MArco Rubio by 11 points in the PPP poll.

Obama leads Romney 47-46, matching his generic ballot lead. Obama’s lead expands to 48-45 over Mike Huckabee, 49-43 over Newt Gingrich, 51-42 over Sarah Palin, and 48-37 over Marco Rubio who PPP followers voted in as this month’s ‘wild card’ candidate.

It’s two years out,Rubio has not even taken office, and Rubio is only 11 points behind a sitting POTUS!?

I find that to be odd. Why did PPP pick ONLY RUBIO?

Nelsa on November 29, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Growing Federal Government power and Control…..

Job #1 of: Romney, Huckleberry, Bloomberg, Gingrich, and of course Oval Office Occupier.

PappyD61 on November 29, 2010 at 9:09 PM

That’s me. Unless he comes up with the most amazing “Man I sure phucked up pushing through RomneyCare” apology.

I’ll sit for the Husker as well.

Caper29 on November 29, 2010 at 9:09 PM

TxAnn56 on November 29, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Oh, I will pull that lever if he is the nominee! There are others out there I would prefer at this point and time. Hey, I think many people should get in from all over the States and that we have vigorous debates from different areas of policy. I will support the winner in that format where the people can make an educated choice.

bluemarlin on November 29, 2010 at 9:12 PM

In case you missed this little jewel Body Scanner Operator Caught Masturbating at Colorado Airport

Nearly Nobody on November 29, 2010 at 9:13 PM

gary4205 on November 29, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Really Gary? I thought this nation embraced this duo, mainly because many in the country liked the idea of having someone close to national security issues as the world became more dangerous. Bush was that “security” at the time. To say it “hurt Conservatism”? Not so sure about that.

Rovin on November 29, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I would take the validity of the possible Presidential bid of Mike Bloomberg with a grain of salt………except that he would most likely ban it if he had the chance!

pilamaye on November 29, 2010 at 9:14 PM

I just saw a little of Steve King and Michelle Bachmann on the House floor talking about Pigford II.

to bad this little puppy is going to sail thru with the Leftists totally in charge:

King described the fraud of the Obama Administration in pushing this thru under the 2008 Farm Bill. He also described the fraud of the entire “case”

Just another 1.15 Billion

r keller on November 29, 2010 at 9:15 PM

. It stands to reason that Bloomy would hurt a centrist Republican nominee more

I just don’t buy this. Mainly because there’s very little that’s “centrist” about Bloomberg. If anything, he should be stealing more votes away from Obama, seeing as Bloomy is just as big of a nanny-stater as The One.

Vyce on November 29, 2010 at 9:17 PM

bluemarlin on November 29, 2010 at 9:12 PM

I absolutely agree!! And I hope when the time comes, whoever is the nominee, even if they weren’t our first choice, we remember that if Obama is re-elected, Obamacare will never be repealed. My mom passed away from cancer at 82 and had the best that MD Anderson could offer. If Obamacare becomes the law of the land, those days will be over and the IRS will be the watchdog.

TxAnn56 on November 29, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Paul Ryan is an interesting choice and might work.

gary4205 on November 29, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Allen West has *executive experience*. I count being a battle commander in war as having executive experience. He’s been shot at and commanded men in adverse circumstances while being under fire as that type of experience. So to me, Allen West could count.

Maybe we think of EE in different ways, but to me it means you have been responsible, the decision maker, the one where the buck stops, and someone that’s risen to the rank of Lt. Col. in the Army during a time of war, well, that counts in my mind. The problem with Barry is he was never responsible for anything in his whole life. He never had to make a decision or be held accountable for anything. Well, one of the problems.

My personal favorite for her is Paul Ryan, they are talking the same language lately on QE2, which the press has tried to ignore. But he’s a wonk who is from the Upper Midwest, which is a key battleground area. He also knows how to win in a swing district, his district has gone for the Dems pretty exclusively since Reagan. That’s a good thing to have on one’s team. He could bring with him some great big ideas that she seems to have indicated an affinity for, and he knows the ways of the Hill which is important for a governing majority/strategy. Yes, he’s someone that it would be great to leave there, but his current #2 is Jeb Hensarling, which wouldn’t be a step down if he were his replacement.

Plus, him against Slow Joe or Hillary in a debate would be HILAIOUS! He’s sooooo much smarter than either of them.

lizzie beth on November 29, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Oh, one other thing, and the reason I brought up T-Paw, Daniels, etc., and this also applies to Paul Ryan, even though he’s a star just like her, he’s a cooler personality than her. He’s got that egg head thing about him, it’s his wonkishness with the slicked down & severely parted hair, he seems like he should have a pocket protector, even though he’s a pretty nice looking young guy. He just comes off as a serious minded somewhat nerdy guy. I like that as a pairing with the red hot rock star that is Sarah.

lizzie beth on November 29, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Okey. I concede. No light for a DeMint run.

So, losers like me vote for fighter:

SARAH PALIN 2012!

We may die, yes! But we would be more happy and dignified with the good fight!

SARAH PALIN 2012!

TheAlamos on November 29, 2010 at 9:36 PM

I have some cousins in Mississippi who are saying Gov. (MS) Haley Barbour is going to look hard at running..Could be a dark horse!..:)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2010 at 9:42 PM

lizzie beth on November 29, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I really like your thinking lizzie. Can’t think of many in the conservative movement that doesn’t like Ryan, but he could do sooooo much more in the House if they turned him loose with his economic ideas. (and I would hate to see him in a cabinet position under a Republican Presidency, because he would be stuck, and could make a great POTUS in the future.)

As far as exectutive experience is concerned, I think Obama and the media turned this qualifier upside-down—Obama had NONE—as this country is finding out, yet was still elected.

Rovin on November 29, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Dire Straits on November 29, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Very good news! I really like him and would love to see him campaign and debate.

I am really looking forward to the multitude of debates.

sherry on November 29, 2010 at 9:49 PM

PPP or whatever Poll released _______ shows in a head to head matchup that Sarah Palin couldn’t defeat a pile of turkey poop
Just assume that’s what the polls will say betwixt now and 2012. In fact, expect their to be a poll showing Palin losing to Lucifer shortly.

PappyD61 on November 29, 2010 at 9:51 PM

I vote BLOOMBERG!!!

How can there possibly be another choice when I (and certainly everybody else!!!) can’t control our own salt intake!11!!!

beancounter on November 29, 2010 at 9:52 PM

So let me get this correct

Romney by 1 by hiding under his desk, no attacks, no press conferences, not in the public eye etc

huck is down by 3 but he is in the public eye a little more wiht his show but still no negative press.

Newt is down by 6 pts with a little bit more negative attacks directed at him for years yet he has been alittle unnoticed for the last year or so

Palin is down by 9pts with the entire dem, gop establishment and media attackignher on a daily basis

rubio who has gotten fawning press for the last 3 months is down by 11pts….

So what does this tell us. I would expect then over the courseof the primary that Huck and Mitt’s numbers will go down not up. That Mitt and huck are at their high water mark and still are unable to beat Obama.

Newt and Palin are the two most likely to have room to go up as the party rallies behind one or the other and the good press balances the bad

rubio doesn’t stand a chance this election cycle.

unseen on November 29, 2010 at 9:53 PM

sherry on November 29, 2010 at 9:49 PM

I would like to see him debate and campaign also!..From what I have seen he is definitely worth a look if he does indeed throw his hat in the ring..:)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2010 at 9:54 PM

i wonder what Mitt and Huck’s numbers will be when they have to take positions on things and you know talk about policy?

unseen on November 29, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Dire Straits on November 29, 2010 at 9:54 PM

the more competion the better. I think Haley would hurt huck the most if he runs and maybe Mitt. insider lobbists ties with that down home jive going. yeap the Mitt/huck voter will run to Haley. I doubt too many Palin supporters would vote for him, he would probably hurt her in some southern states. He would take Newt out of the running IMO.

unseen on November 29, 2010 at 9:57 PM

As a far as Newt goes, one picture sinks him. He and Pelosi sitting lovingly on the global warming couch. I won’t even get into how he dumped Wife No. ? when she was sick. There’s not a barge big enough to carry his baggage.

TxAnn56 on November 29, 2010 at 10:00 PM

unseen on November 29, 2010 at 9:57 PM

My research of him says he is very conservative..Plus his resume is very good in Republican circles!..:)

Dire Straits on November 29, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Really? Obama is still polling stronger than all of those named? Really????? Something seems off about that.

capejasmine on November 29, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Barbour is a former lobbyist and is a tax hiker.

dforston on November 29, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Dire Straits on November 29, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I’m learning more about him but I do like that he has been a governor for about 7 years and his tough fiscal policies in his own state. Good credentials, I hope he gets the ear of independents.

sherry on November 29, 2010 at 10:03 PM

dforston on November 29, 2010 at 10:02 PM

You are correct he was a former lobbyist But the Tax increases were small. I found this article on Barbour that sheds some light on his 7 years as Governor..

Dire Straits on November 29, 2010 at 10:13 PM

One thing that concerns me about Barbour is his illegal immigration stance. He’s been on the Bush/McCain side of the issue which wouldn’t bode well in this political climate.

TxAnn56 on November 29, 2010 at 10:22 PM

unseen on November 29, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Newt is a non-starter!

Dan Quayle would have a better chance of being elected.

belad on November 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Rovin on November 29, 2010 at 9:13 PM

ROFLMAO!

Bush HATED Reagan, and couldn’t WAIT to stop the Reagan Rev0lution in it’s tracks. Thanks to Bush 41 the Reagan Rev0lution was halted, and almost died.

No more squishes.

BTW, Reagan didn’t need Bush for national security issues. Reagan had already been talking policy for 20+ years by the time he became POTUS.

The biggest insult though was even after the squishes FORCED Bush on Reagan, they still broke away and ran John Anderson as a 3rd party candidate.

One more reminder that squishes, RINOs, the Republican establishment, can never … EVER … be trusted. EVER.

gary4205 on November 29, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Uh, how can I put this succinctly?

Bloomberg is a LITTLE DICK (not sure where the emphasis ought to be).

PD Quig on November 29, 2010 at 11:27 PM

lizzie beth on November 29, 2010 at 9:21 PM

To me Executive Experience is big stuff, successfully running a state for example.

Allan West is the one person I’d accept who has no EE, for the reason you mention, BTW.

West has shown he has good judgment, and the right temperament. Also at his rank there is a fair amount of at least what we’d call “middle management.”

I like Paul Ryan as well, and so does Sarah.

My biggest worry about raiding Congress is we need all of these bright young stars where they are at. We aren’t out of the woods yet, and Ryan, West and the rest can do more to help President Palin, and the nation, recover and rebuild in Congress than as VP.

I love Michelle Bachmann, BTW, but same as above.

I like Herman Cain. I don’t think he has a shot in hell at the top job, but he’s a solid Conservative and a REAL businessman and CEO. He’s what Romney pretends to be!

gary4205 on November 29, 2010 at 11:32 PM

lizzie beth on November 29, 2010 at 9:21 PM

West has shown he has good judgment, and the right temperament. Also at his rank there is a fair amount of at least what we’d call “middle management” skills needed.

I like Paul Ryan as well, and so does Sarah.

I love Michelle Bachmann, BTW, but same as above.

I think that would be a very interesting choice.

I’d much rather see another Governor or CEO type.

Again I’ve always figured it would be Perry, and if not, one of the usual suspects, but there are some very interesting possibilities.

gary4205 on November 29, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Just out of curiosity what is the male vs female breakdown of Palin ?

I’ll bet you Sarah is 100% woman. Just a hunch, mind you.

drunyan8315 on November 29, 2010 at 11:39 PM

What a surprise, another poll pushing Romney and telling us Palin is behind. Anyone can get whatever poll result they want just by picking the right sample, these polls are worthless except that they tell us who the left wants to run against, so I guess the left wants us to choose Romney or Huckabee. No thanks.

Newsflash; I just polled my family and 100% want Palin!

Done That on November 30, 2010 at 5:07 AM

If Romney is the nominee, then we’ll vote Libertarian.

Look, the mainstream media will do anything yet again to thrust the most moderate (read as far left as they can get him) nominee upon the Republicans. That way, not only does it increase their chances of winning outright (2008) or winning with a third party coming in on the conservative side (1992), but even if they lose, they will have a moderate in who will do what they want half of the time (President George W. Bush with his Medicare Part D and his attempt at Amnesty).

That is what I hate about the current process; the fact that the mainstream media and the tilted-heavily-towards-the-leftist-states primary process that we have which keeps making the Republican and Democratic nominees as far left as each party can respectively stomach them.

It is nearly impossible for a conservative to win the Republican nomination these days. In fact, it has only happened once in the last 80 years- President Reagan.

The leftists have the system skewed heavily in their favor and that is why the country is beginning to fall apart. We will be like Greece very soon, except that there is nobody big enough to bail us out. :/

Theophile on November 30, 2010 at 3:17 PM