Obama to freeze federal worker pay, save $5 billion over two years

posted at 12:55 pm on November 29, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Give the President some credit.  This mainly empty gesture will net a lot more than Barack Obama’s earlier exhaustive budget trimming that saved all of $100 million after running up a $1.3 trillion deficit.  Today, Obama will announce a two-year freeze on the wages of civilian federal workers that will arguably result in $5 billion in savings over two years:

President Barack Obama will announce a two-yearpay freeze for federal employees Monday, a move White House officials say is the first of many difficult decisions that must be made to reduce the nation’s mounting deficit.

The White House said Monday that the freeze would apply to all civilian federal employees, including those working at the Department of Defense, but would not affect military personnel. The freeze is expected to result in more than $5 billion in savings over two years, according to Jeffrey Zients, a deputy director at the Office of Management and Budget.

That would make only a small dent in the $1 trillion-plus budget deficit. But with voters voicing their anger over Washington’s spending during the midterm elections, even a symbolic gesture could demonstrate the White House got the message.

Actually, it will make a miniscule dent in $2 trillion in deficits.  If the savings get calculated over two years, then we have to do the same with the deficits they supposedly address.  The savings, assuming they actually occur, will amount to a reduction of 0.25% in the biennial deficits.  Calling it a drop in the bucket is an insult to both drops and buckets.  It’s a single grain of sand from the coast.

Will we actually see this cost savings?  Probably not.  Gabriel Malor received an official explanation given to federal employees today, which assured them that the freeze “will not impact step increases or bonuses for federal workers.”  It applies to cost-of-living increases, mainly.  If an agency wants to give a worker an increase, they just need to increase their pay grade or boost their bonuses to make it happen.

Even if Obama is sincere in this announcement, it’s nibbling at the far edges of the federal spending problem.  The Corner has Rep. Darrell Issa’s instructive response to the proposal:

“At a time when our nation’s seniors have been denied a cost-of-living-increase and private sector hiring is stagnant, it is both necessary and quite frankly, long over-due to institute a pay-freeze for the federal workforce.  As Republicans outlined in our Pledge to America there are a number of actions the President and Congress should immediately act on to demonstrate a real commitment to reigning in the excessive growth and spending of the federal government.

“To put this in perspective, the Obama Administration says this two-year pay freeze will save $2 billion, however, just last week, OMB released a report revealing that the federal government’s improper payments for FY-2010 totaled $125 billion, $15 billion higher than the previous year.  It is unthinkable that we have come to accept having a bureaucracy that has institutionalized waste, fraud and abuse to the point where $125 billion in improper payments were made last year.  The first place we should look to make progress on higher costs, increased debt and a stagnant economy is look inward at how taxpayer dollars are being spent and doing more to ensure that tens of billions of dollars are no longer erroneously paid out.”

We need a pay freeze a lot less than we need a reduction in the size of the federal workforce and a smaller, more effective government focused on areas of its actual jurisdiction.  We need a federal government able to account for its money more successfully than the one we have built to this point.  COLA freezes aren’t a solution’ they’re a way to look busy while business goes on as usual.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

As for taxing the rich “a wee bit more” (again), to what purpose? “Social justice?”

HitNRun on November 29, 2010 at 3:32 PM
—–
To paying down your stupid fu*king debt, that’s what.

Are you one of those misguided fools that thinks all those barely millionaires are using their wealth to create jobs?

Dave Rywall on November 29, 2010 at 3:35 PM

@Drywall

RTFL. Raising taxes doesn’t raise revenue. The share of money that a public gives to a government remains more or less constant – in the case of the US, about 19% for the past few decades. If you try to squeeze more by raising taxes, the people taxed just earn less.

Even Barack Obama understands this, as he opined to Joe the Plumber, and several times before and since. He (and the liberals smart enough to understand what I’m talking about, i.e. not you) still thinks raising taxes is a good idea because it brings the rich lower, creating equality.

If that’s your goal, fine, but it’s not paying down the debt. There is only one way to bring down the debt from the revenue angle: growth.

HitNRun on November 29, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Oooh, riots in the street to follow. Hey hey ho ho Barack Obama’s got to go! Hey hey ho ho Barack Obama’s got to go! Right on, right on, right on. Finally something we agree on.

smellthecoffee on November 29, 2010 at 3:54 PM

You need to tax the rich a wee bit more

All we need to do is agree on who decides who is rich and who is not. I vote “Not the government”.

You need to tax corporations a wee bit more

So they can fire more people.

You need to abolish the tax free status of churches

“Congress shall make no law…..”

You need to cut your retardedly bloated defense budget

Because Canada stands ready to fill the gap that will be created around the world.

You need to make sweeping cuts to everything else no doubt

I’d go for a 10% across the board cut in federal spending, cap the debt ceiling, and move to a consumption-based tax system.

It’s amazing how obvious it is to you what needs to be cut yet not a single GOP clown has the balls to state a single thing they would cut. So pathetic.

Standby. The TEA Party has that in mind. Scares the hell out of the other two parties.

Eliminating the NEA is a horrible idea. It’s not surprising that you see no benefit to the arts.

Ever hear the term “starving artist”? They starve because they don’t produce anything of value…except to people that have “too much” money. NEA = Welfare to drones (in the bee hive sense)

Dave Rywall on November 29, 2010 at 3:01 PM

BobMbx on November 29, 2010 at 4:28 PM

HitNRun on November 29, 2010 at 3:41 PM
—–
You mean growth like investment or facilitating investment in new energy technology? That kind of growth that China is experiencing because its head isn’t in its ass? That kind of growth that your country is so far behind in? Yeah, sure I agree growth is important but it’s not the only tool in the shed.

Raising taxes on the rich is not the only tool either. And it’s not a drop in the bucket like cutting PBS.

Dave Rywall on November 29, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Belt tightening starts somewhere, fool.

Did you know that this cut is exactly 1 more cut than the GOP is proposing? Amazing, isn’t it.

Dave Rywall on November 29, 2010 at 2:44 PM

The problem is there won’t be any belt tightening here. There is no freeze on hiring nor is there any real freeze on wages since the employees will still get their step increases.

Stay on your side of the border, fool.

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 4:35 PM

You have to cut somewhere and you have to start somewhere, if it saves only $2 Billion, so be it, but lets not belittle any savings small or large because that’s the kind of attitude that helped get the Federal Government into this mess in the first place. Every Billion matters and if they cut enough of those Billions, they add up.

Done That on November 29, 2010 at 4:36 PM

They laugh and laugh and laugh at the amazing deal they have in your country: not having to pony up fu*k all.

Dave Rywall on November 29, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Hey, I’m all for eliminating the EIC.

If you tax corporations, they will just pass it on to the consumers. DUH!

Decrease our military? Well…are you prepared to increase your military budget? Is Europe?

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Stay on your side of the border, fool.

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 4:35 PM
—–
ha ha ha thanks, tiny-minded American person

Dave Rywall on November 29, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Done That on November 29, 2010 at 4:36 PM
—-
This is in direct violation of Hotair’s PROJECT GRAIN OF SAND VS BEACH PROJECT.

I’ll assume you will submit a full retraction of this ludicrous position.

Any Hotair user will tell you the only way to get rid of the debt is to lower taxes on the rich and eliminate NPR.

Dave Rywall on November 29, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Done That on November 29, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Why do you think the elimination of COLA increases will result in any savings? Because Obaka says so? There is no freeze in hiring nor is there a freeze in step increases.

A 3% COLA (more than I received in the private sector, btw) on $40,000 is $1,200. A step increase could be worth $10K.

It’s nothing but an accounting trick. They reduce the COLA in the budget and call it a “savings”. It’s the same as the reduction in the deficit due to 6 years of ObamaCare expense vs. 10 years of tax increases. It isn’t real.

A real cut would be to repeal ObamaCare immediately.

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 4:45 PM

ha ha ha thanks, tiny-minded American person

Dave Rywall on November 29, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I love how you have no response to me other than to attempt to belittle me. Who is the tiny-minded one?

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Dave Rywall on November 29, 2010 at 4:45 PM

The fastest way to eliminate a huge chunk of the debt is to repeal ObamaCare immediately, and freeze stimulus funds that have been spent and return the remainder to the treasury.

Then this will help as well:

BobMbx on November 29, 2010 at 4:28 PM

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I know, I know!! Pick me!

We SO need an IGNORE button for buffoons like him.

Bob's Kid on November 29, 2010 at 4:52 PM

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 4:46 PM
——-
You think this site is only for Americans.
That’s f*king stupid.

Dave Rywall on November 29, 2010 at 4:53 PM

You think this site is only for Americans.
That’s f*king stupid.

Dave Rywall on November 29, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I actually know this site is for whomever Ed and AP permit to post here…including those like you who appear to harbor a true hate for Americans. I only wonder why you bother.

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 4:58 PM

We SO need an IGNORE button for buffoons like him.

Bob’s Kid on November 29, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Maybe Santa will bring us one this year! :D

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Then this will help as well:

BobMbx on November 29, 2010 at 4:28 PM

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 4:48 PM

How has Obamacare added almost anything at this point to the federal debt? Most of its provisions don’t kick in until 2014.

Jimbo3 on November 29, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Give the President some credit

Ed,
I disagree. It may be a “freeze pay”, but that does not stop a hiring freeze. Or does it mean those with step pay won’t receive theirs. Or does it preclude govt worker from going from getting a different title, yet still doing the same thing.

This is all smoke and mirrors.

ConservativePartyNow on November 29, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Obama is a Teabagger!!!!

He wants to cut any kind of spending so he must be from a deep dark he’ll!!!!

cntrlfrk on November 29, 2010 at 5:17 PM

You know, it’s actually kind of funny when you think about it. Our longest running troll is a “Canadian Supremacist.”

The really weird thing is, since the early days of the Internet, before the Web, there’s been a tradition of loud-mouthed, self-righteous and ignorant Canadians trying to tell Americans what to do. I remember it vividly from my old pre-web Usenet days.

Note that I’m not saying all Canadians are like that, far from it. Most of them are busy living their lives and doing productive things, unlike Drywall here.

Merovign on November 29, 2010 at 5:18 PM

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 4:45 PM

ladyingray – I’m for cutting the budget across the board by 20% – I’m also for eliminating Obamacare.

Do you think that will happen any time soon? I don’t, but
I will take any savings I can get, even if it is $1.00 because it all adds up. If that angers you, I apologize in advance because I am a polite conservative!

Done That on November 29, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Jimbo3 on November 29, 2010 at 5:01 PM

My friend, three gold stars for you in “completely missing the point.” Bravo!

Merovign on November 29, 2010 at 5:20 PM

I saw part of this speech where Bury said that he was halting all bonuses paid to political appointees. How in the hell does one get appointed to a position in govt. and then have the one who appointed them bestow on them a bonus? And this f-ck had a problem with AIG? Political appointees draw a salary and get bonuses whereas the AIG workers were working soley on a bonus system.

darwin-t on November 29, 2010 at 5:21 PM

You need to abolish the tax free status of churches

“Congress shall make no law…..”
BobMbx on November 29, 2010 at 4:28 PM

No. Tax exempt status isn’t a constitutional right.

crr6 on November 29, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I didn’t even know Canada had the internet yet. I guess that Drywall guy taught me something after all.

CVMA-Dredd on November 29, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Wait a minute, after all those gigantic Federal pay raises in the last few years, aren’t they “the rich” now?

This is seriously low comedy, give everyone huge raises then announce a pay freeze.

Yeah, Barry, we get the joke, it’s just not funny.

Merovign on November 29, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Words. Just words. Folks here in SoCal are finally seeing the fraud that is Barry Soetoro.

BHO Jonestown on November 29, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Didn’t read the thread, so forgive me if this has been noted 80 times already:

How is it again that not spending money = saving money?

I get that COA increases, at a minimum, are probably as regular as clockwork for the government sector, and therefore the projected budgets for wages will be smaller not larger going forward. But that’s the rub right there. Unless they actually get smaller, there’s no saving. You could argue that we’re net ahead if you think the tax base will actually grow in the next two years, but I don’t like those odds.

TexasDan on November 29, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Done That on November 29, 2010 at 5:20 PM

It doesn’t make me angry for you to say and want that, I’m only saying that if you think you are going to get a $1.00 savings with this shell game, you have no understanding of how government does its accounting.

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 6:37 PM

No. Tax exempt status isn’t a constitutional right.

crr6 on November 29, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I agree. However, if you want to remove tax exempt status from churches, I say remove tax exempt status on all 501(c)(3) organizations.

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Does he actually have the authority to do this?

stenwin77 on November 29, 2010 at 6:41 PM

TexasDan on November 29, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Per the government method of accounting, it’s a savings because there is no projected increase in the budget. Because the budget expense line doesn’t increase, the government calls it a savings. Like you say, it is not a savings but merely the status quo. And like has been said before, there is no freezing in hiring nor in step-increases. COLA increase are miniscule compared to step increases.

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 6:43 PM

speaking as a federal govt. employee I say …………….GOOD !!!

dave264 on November 29, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I agree.

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 6:39 PM

It’s not a matter of agreeing or not agreeing. It’s a fact. Tax exempt status isn’t a right, it’s just a privilege granted by legislatures, which can be taken away just as easily as it is given. It’s a common misconception that tax-exempt status is required by the 1st amendment.

crr6 on November 29, 2010 at 6:53 PM

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 6:39 PM

I’m for both of these ideas. As the current law allow, they can write off actual documented charitable donations like other businesses do.

Fallon on November 29, 2010 at 6:53 PM

dave264 on November 29, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Just out of curiosity (truly), what has been the COLA lately? Last year I got 1%, this year I got 2%. We have no potential for a step increase.

I’m glad they aren’t going to cut the military, although I am sure there are ways to save in the defense budget.

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 6:55 PM

As the current law allows, arrrgh!

I speak good United States…

Fallon on November 29, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Fallon on November 29, 2010 at 6:53 PM

The only exception I would like is for the USO, at least the overseas offices. For my son, the USO was the first group he encountered when he got through customs in Korea when reporting for duty with the USAF. I’d also move the Red Cross as the emergency contact for military families to the USO, or another organization that only deals with the military.

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Freezing wages at an inflated level, while failing to reduce total Federal employment, federal perks, longevity-based pay, and “bonus” pay is pure fraud!!!

This is a completely empty gesture which will do nothing whatsoever to help the economy!!!

Wake me when EPA, DOE, and DHS are eliminated.

landlines on November 29, 2010 at 7:00 PM

How much would we save with a resignation…….?
totus, veep, secstate, and both houses……..?

Start fresh. Let them start working at the entry-level of some of the wonderful programs they are responsible for thrusting on “We The People” over the last 10-20 years….

RealMc on November 29, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I actually know this site is for whomever Ed and AP permit to post here…including those like you who appear to harbor a true hate burning envy for Americans. I only wonder why you bother.

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Closer to the truth.

BigWyo on November 29, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Closer to the truth.

BigWyo on November 29, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Well, I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. ;p

ladyingray on November 29, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Why the federal pay freeze is just more smoke and mirrors:

onlineanalyst on November 29, 2010 at 7:43 PM

No. Tax exempt status isn’t a constitutional right.

crr6

Yes, it is.

xblade on November 29, 2010 at 7:47 PM

BobMbx on November 29, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Sweeping statement is never completely true. Vincent Van Gogh sold only one painting when he was alive. He was a starving artist.

bayview on November 29, 2010 at 7:56 PM

THIS JUST IN………

“OBAMA VACATION SCHEDULE UNAFFECTED”

PappyD61 on November 29, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Give the President some credit.

Nope, don’t think so. This is a problem he created and a lame political attempt to try to “solve” it.

kg598301 on November 29, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Here is a story for ya!

Body Scanner Operator Caught Masturbating at Colorado Airport

Nearly Nobody on November 29, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Dave Rywall on November 29, 2010 at 3:35 PM

You obviously do not have a clue about how wealth is created.

If a rich man spends how many jobs does he save or create?

One rich guy can save or create more jobs than the entire Obama administration… who haven’t saved or created anything at all.

Because they think like you.

petunia on November 29, 2010 at 8:43 PM

The size of the Federal workforce is not an important factor in the increase in the Federal budget. The Federal Government now employs 400,000 fewer civilians than in 1990, and since 9/11, Federal civilian employment has risen only 20,000. See this table.

The problem is that the Federal Government tries to give out more and more money, even with fewer employees. Federal employees generally don’t think up these new ways to spend or waste money–our elected officials do (I hope that the new House will take steps to hold the line). If some functions were eliminated and spending for the remaining functions limited, spending (and the deficit) would decline. Cut the spending, and employment will follow.

ddh on November 29, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Here is a story for ya!

Body Scanner Operator Caught Masturbating at Colorado Airport

Nearly Nobody on November 29, 2010 at 8:16 PM

I have wondered how many future sexual predators we are creating with this mess. How many of these pictures does it take to either turn someone into a predator or kill his love life forever like porn does?

There is a reason people where clothes.

petunia on November 29, 2010 at 8:48 PM

bayview on November 29, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Were he alive today, he would be eligible to have me pay for his food, healthcare, housing, and re-training for a green job.

BobMbx on November 29, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Stupid. Dumb idea, and Mr. Hannity can shut up about it too. I’ll go teaparty over this. We’re struggling enough without taking away federal employee money too. They’ll stop spending just like public sector. In our case, we ahve a federal worker already picking up the slack after getting rid of people in the department, doing the work of three or four people and only getting one salary. Some employees are worth what they are getting paid and more is my point.

You wanna save money? stop filling Pelosi’s liquor cabinet 10 times a week and cut back on all this travel and all these vans, and hotel rooms.

johnnyU on November 29, 2010 at 9:20 PM

also, scrap the next big telescope in space that is about 3 billion over budget. Many more smaller projects can be invoked employing more people in private sector if they would just mothball that big elephant. Hubble is working good enough for 10 more years.

johnnyU on November 29, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Freezing the pay is not enough, needs steep cut in the federal payroll.

bayview on November 29, 2010 at 9:30 PM

johnnyU on November 29, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Fire half of them. We’re going to hurt more by getting rid of people that produce nothing and get paid with money they take from the people that do???

Really???

This is easily the stupidest statement I’ve read today ever.

BigWyo on November 29, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Ya gots to be kiddin’!

Does this idiot not read the or listen to the people?

Forget I asked that!

Last I heard, these federal jobs were payin’ twice what the private sector pays for the same frikkin’ work!

Hey Bummer, how ’bout ya roll their salaries back so they are more in tune with the current workforce?

Idiot! Like this is goin’ to do us any good at all! Hell, it will be 50 years before they even come in line with those in the private sector if we froze their wages for that long!

And he only froze them for 2 frikkin’ years! Any bets on whether or not he will give ‘em a raise in order to make up for this freeze before we show him what it’s like to collect unemployment?

AllosaursRus on November 29, 2010 at 10:23 PM

This is PR BS.

Bureau of Labor Statistics data indicate federal employees were paid 24 percent less on average than their private sector counterparts in 2010, compared to 22 percent less in 2009.

These raises are and always have been catch up to private sector salaries.

This saves $ 2 billion. As noted above, $ 125 billion is lost to improper payments. There is probably billions more of fraud, waste, and abuse.

How many billions is spent by Congress on earmarks?

How many billions will be saved if the Department of Education was eliminated?

slp on November 29, 2010 at 10:36 PM

johnnyU on November 29, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Naaah, send her to the Chinese. THEY.ARE.AFRAID.OF.HER.

ProudPalinFan on November 29, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Most jobs have guaranteed Step increases within each Grade. Steps are not COLAs. The COLA, cost of living adjustment, is added on to each Step. A Step is kind of an increment for increased value as a worker, but it is mostly an acknowlegemnt of the power of the Congress to buy votes

Many job titles have built in guaranteed grade increases. For instance Grade 4 (GS-4) for entry level, with guaranteed grade increases to GS-9, journeyman. After the maximum grade is reached there are still within Grade Step increases

I heard Obama doubled the number of high GS salary employees, so he can now freeze the COLAs and pretend he is cutting back.

entagor on November 30, 2010 at 12:12 AM

So if I blow the same amount in Vegas next year as this year, I’m saving money? Cool.

Ronnie on November 30, 2010 at 12:22 AM

I am a DoD Civilian employee, that’s when I’m not deployed military.

Most DoD civilian employees are ex or retired military. We do the support jobs that keep our war fighters in the field and we should be used instead of the Private Mannings of the world.

Anyway, I’m fine with the pay freeze. For a good part of the next two years I’ll be deployed anyway. Missing my wife and kids is a lot worse than losing a few bucks anyway.

Plus, I’m happy to have a job when there are so many people out of work. So for once Obama and I agree on something.

NoDonkey on November 30, 2010 at 2:18 AM

Federal ATC pay scale

Section 42, click on “set pay”. These are base pay amounts and do NOT include over-time,night, Sunday, Holiday or training differentials. This is why government workers should not be unionized.

JetBlast on November 30, 2010 at 3:25 AM

In the federal world this is not a freeze, but rather a pay cut. Watch how many news outlets or effected parties refer to this as a cut. In the private sector if you don’t get an increase nobody says that their pay was cut.

exceller on November 30, 2010 at 8:28 AM

The only way to put a dent in $2 Trillion deficits are drastic cuts to SS, medicare, medicaid, and defense. So far, both camps are wasting our time with pay freezes and ending honorific congressional action…where are the real plans?

ernesto on November 29, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Wrong.
Get rid of agencies that swallow up federal money.
USDA, FDA, EPA etc.
They don’t do anything but push paper & persecute the wrong people for mysterious rules infractions.
Also, why don’t they stop all these environmental groups from suing the feds for a living so that they can live off of $$$ from the Equal Access to Justice Act etc? Do you understand the govt is writing checks to enviro lawyers bcs they’re winning frivilous lawsuits bcs these groups know the feds cannot respond in time to their suits & they win automatically?
Do you also understand that since the Paperless initiative per Clinton/Gore that the federal govt has no idea how much money it gives to these groups as a result of their predatory suing tactics?
There’s some cash right there.

Badger40 on November 30, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Will he freeze the pay of all of his court jesters and other assorted flunkies?

rplat on November 30, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Big whoop. MackDaddy is just pissin’ in the ocean.

They want to tinker with social security and call geezers all kinds of mean nasty names when we protest.

Well, I haven’t protested that. In fact I’ve said that I would be willing to forgo The Money I’ve Paid Into Social Secuity if it would help the young people coming on.

BUT! I don’t think I should have to forfeit The Money I’ve Paid Into Social Secuity while Big Bird and the leftist propaganda machine is being fed.

I don’t think I should have to forfeit The Money I’ve Paid Into Social Secuity while “artists” are paid federal dollars (read: MY Money) to blaspheme my Lord.

I don’t think I should have to forfeit The Money I’ve Paid Into Social Secuity while Rich, Wealthy senators and congressmen have a cushy pension. (Didn’t they take away GM retirees’ pensions?)

I don’t think I should have to forfeit The Money I’ve Paid Into Social Secuity while they give mony to some pervert to study the sexual behaviors of other perverts in foreign countries–or ours for that matter.

I don’t think I should have to forfeit The Money I’ve Paid Into Social Secuity while they are paying people to go to school. I know kids who are getting thousands of dollars each year for whatever they want to spend it on.

I don’t think I should have to forfeit The Money I’ve Paid Into Social Secuity while the whitehouse is populated with traitors and tax cheatsw (aka tzars) who are getting bloated, unconstitutionally provided, salaries.

I could go on, but you all get the picture.

I’ve paid my dues in spades. I did my time in the military; I’ve paid my taxes; I’ve dumped a lot of money in the ponzi scam called Social Security which Congress raided each time they wanted to do something “for the folks back home.”

I’m starting to get very angry. Very angry.

davidk on November 30, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Nothing he does will ever make you crybabies happy.

Such pathetic partisan hackery here.

Dave Rywall on November 29, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Obviously the details of this thing are lost on you.
You are one of those slaves that is happy when your master hands you, the starving man, a piece of dog $hit to eat.
You are grateful for that piece of excrement to dine on & you resent anyone complaining that the fare is not really food.

Badger40 on November 30, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Dave Rywall on November 29, 2010 at 3:35 PM

There’s about four things a millionaire can do with his money.

He can give it to charity and help the less fortunate.

He can put it in a bank which would provide investment capital for businesses.

He can spend it on a fancy sports car and provide jobs for autoworkers, tire makers, and gas station attendents.

Or he can just pile it up and roll around in it which would lower demand for goods and services which would lower prices for the rest of us.

There is a fifth option, I guess. The government can confiscate it and hire another tzar to control our lives.

Sheetrock, you get your country straightened out, then you can tell us how to run things.

davidk on November 30, 2010 at 8:52 AM

davidk on November 30, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Some slaves enjoy their softly tyrannical masters.

Badger40 on November 30, 2010 at 9:05 AM

landlines on November 29, 2010 at 7:00 PM

It is empty. Obama is trying to say, “See how I am reducing big government?! Please see it! Please, Please!”
While he continues to try to make us slaves to the government in almost every policy he forces on us.

Hey Obama, here are some more things you can save money on, that will make a bigger difference on people’s lives, for the better: Defund NPR, Defund the ACLU, Defund all the social engineering programs in public schools, thereby getting the REAL teachers back to teaching REAL academics, like science, math, ENGLISH!

Oh, but can’t do that. Where would all the little Obama-bots come from?!

Sterling Holobyte on November 30, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Sterling Holobyte on November 30, 2010 at 1:53 PM

If you want your kid to learn to weld, make clothes, cook food, then teach them yourself or send them somewhere to learn it.
Basics is all that should be a public education’s facility duty.
But of course that would put a lot of paper pushers & others out of work.
It would also make a lot of parents mad who depend upon public school to raise their kids & be their free daycare.

Badger40 on November 30, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Hey, You want to save some serious money? Park Air Force One. It cost over one hundred and eighty thousand dollars an hour to operate.

mixplix on November 30, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Basics is all that should be a public education’s facility duty.
But of course that would put a lot of paper pushers & others out of work.

Badger40 on November 30, 2010 at 2:18 PM

My kid goes to a private, Christian school. She has for a few years now. I got tired of having to go to the public school to see what they were planning on filling her head with when they would send home one of those “Under statute so and so, parents have a right to review the materials and curriculum being used in the such and such class…” I would wonder, what exactly are they going to “teach” my child that they have to send a warning letter home to parents?!
Of course, it is a struggle to send her to a private school, and she is unfortunately going to have to go back to public school in the future. I just hope these years she has spent in her school where they teach the BASICS, with a Christ-centered foundation, will be enough to help her stand up to the false notions and PC-centered atmosphere that will bombard her in the public schools. Then again, I keep praying that all these “pseudo-educational programs” and left-wing activists will be defunded and disbanded by the time she gets back there. Hey, I can dream, can’t I?!

Sterling Holobyte on November 30, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Hey, I can dream, can’t I?!

Sterling Holobyte on November 30, 2010 at 5:15 PM

You can still be the counterbalance to any insanity your kid comes up against in public school if she goes back.
Parents who are active in their kids’ lives know what’s going on.
Like when you watch a rate R movie with your younger child.
If you are there to explain & talk about things, then some information is just fine.
Good luck & always be vigilant!

Badger40 on December 1, 2010 at 2:39 PM