Judge Napolitano: It’s hard for me to believe that WTC7 came down by itself

posted at 7:29 pm on November 29, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via the Right Scoop, it’s a few days old but shouldn’t pass unmentioned. Skip ahead to 3:44 for the key bit. In lieu of repeating the points about WTC7 that I made the last time a Fox News/Business host started Just Askin’ Questions about 9/11, let me ask: Precisely how many of these people does Fox have on staff? Am I going to open a newspaper tomorrow and find out that Megyn Kelly or Julie Banderas thinks the Pentagon was hit by a missile? And no, before anyone mentions Beck, he’s not a Truther. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Between this and Ron Paul wondering on the House floor whether the U.S. government might cook up a “contrived Gulf of Tonkin-type incident” to justify war with Iran, I wonder what the demographic breakdown is among Truthers between Bush-hating liberals versus strong-form libertarians whose skepticism of government knows virtually no intellectual limit. Frankly, maybe I’d rather not know. Oh, and yes — that is indeed the one and only Alex Jones whom the Judge is chatting with. Wonderful.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Bush was a puppet for the guys over at Build a Burger.

darwin-t on November 29, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a Conspiracy to Take Over the WORLD!

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wait, what were we talking about again? darwin-t cleverly sidetracked me.

Days when I don’t know if I’m The Brain, or Pinky…

What are we going to do tonight, Brain?

Are you pondering what I’m pondering Pinky?
I think so Brain, but where will we find an open tattoo parlor open this time of night??

Meh, apparently I need sleep.

And you need links.

gekkobear on November 30, 2010 at 2:15 AM

gekkobear on November 30, 2010 at 2:15 AM
ROTFLMBO!

‘I think so Brain. but I can’t memorize a whole opera in Yiddish’.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2010 at 2:30 AM

Welp, that’s one more talking head I can’t take seriously anymore.

R. Waher on November 30, 2010 at 3:30 AM

I too doubt WTC 7 came down by itself.

It was fire and gravity.

V-rod on November 30, 2010 at 3:31 AM

Remember Ron Paul and Napolitano hate Abe Lincoln. They claim he lied the country into the civil war. Their theory is the government could have just paid the plantation owners to free the slaves. Napolitano is also against the Arizona immigration law and I believe he is on board with granting constitutional rights to terrorists as well. He can smell himself.

echosyst on November 30, 2010 at 4:26 AM

Is there anyone associated with Ron Paul who is sane?

therightwinger on November 30, 2010 at 5:04 AM

The media and the left have systematically been preaching hatred of our nation for decades. It is now far too easy to confuse reality and fact with propaganda and manipulation(since truth and God have been eliminated from the world) This is what could allow any sane person to think Bush brought down the trade center as a justifyable reason to invade Iraq.

After watching the absolute abuse of power by Obama -who needs to worry anymore about silly things like justification or reason? With the Godless left – power now, is its own justification(remember that civilian army thing?It’s just around the corner)

Don L on November 30, 2010 at 5:58 AM

Truthers are morons. Never have I encountered a bigger group of paranoiacs and liars in my life.

Boxy_Brown on November 30, 2010 at 7:30 AM

Wow…that’s just sad.

Asher on November 30, 2010 at 7:54 AM

“What the heck does the TSA scanning have to do with the WTC attack?”

sharrukin on November 29, 2010 at 9:03 PM

The same morons whipping themselves into a frenzy.

Al-Ozarka on November 30, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Oh dear.

ZK on November 30, 2010 at 8:10 AM

TexasDan on November 30, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Close enough for a non-structural engineer.

steveegg on November 30, 2010 at 8:14 AM

These guys know just about as much as I do about structural soundness, actually I know it was the union cement used in construction that caused the failure, hence the building went down.

Kissmygrits on November 30, 2010 at 8:40 AM

A lot of ignorant people have a hard time understanding scientific phenomena.
As I recall, there were a lot of people who had a hard time believing stuff like, the Earth is really old, the Earth is round, not flat, the Earth revolves around the Sun, atoms are made up of smaller particles, E=mc2, etc.

Badger40 on November 30, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Sorry Hot Air denizens …

alteredbeat on November 30, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Sod off, Swampy.

Jaibones on November 30, 2010 at 9:09 AM

too bad, I liked some of his commentaries. He should be off Fox Business News ASAP, I have acceptance for conspiracy theorists whatever side their on.

NORUK on November 30, 2010 at 9:13 AM

..correction .. I have NO acceptance for conspiracy theorists….

NORUK on November 30, 2010 at 9:13 AM

As far a Napolitano, I’ve considered him a loon for quite a while.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Likewise, Mrs. T. He’s got the intellect of the average high school history teacher, but without the morals.

Jaibones on November 30, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Everyone here is so predictable.

It’s fun to think the same way as all your online friends.

But what if you didn’t feel the need to accept the truthers claims of fake planes and evil Bushes?

If you did you would probably notice that it’s awfully strange that a building with a small smattering of fires here and there, that hasn’t even gotten around to losing a lot of windows, that never really got motivated to make a bunch of smoke, collapsed into it’s own footprint.

I’m just sayin’. You can believe your comment buddies or your own lyin’ eyes.

Dorvillian on November 30, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Don’t overlook the steel eating termites…

right2bright on November 30, 2010 at 9:22 AM

I’m just sayin’. You can believe your comment buddies or your own lyin’ eyes.

Dorvillian on November 30, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Go read the NIST report. If you really believe that a building that burned for 7 hours without any effective firefighting was brought down by “nano-thermite” you are too screwed up to be allowed out of your padded cell.

Boxy_Brown on November 30, 2010 at 9:38 AM

“What the heck does the TSA scanning have to do with the WTC attack?”

sharrukin on November 29, 2010 at 9:03 PM

The same morons whipping themselves into a frenzy.

Al-Ozarka on November 30, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Well no actually, in the real world not wanting to have someone stick their hands down your pants isn’t quite the same thing as believing George Bush murdered 3,000 of his fellow citizens.

Get a grip!

sharrukin on November 30, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Body Scanner Operator Caught Masturbating at Colorado Airport

Nearly Nobody on November 29, 2010 at 8:21 PM

It’s satire.

Did I see that correctly? Some regular posters actually think that Snopes is credible? While undoubtedly this claim is a hoax. Having Snopes confirm it is not really any confirmation for me.

Kermit on November 29, 2010 at 8:57 PM

There’s nothing wrong with Snopes, and they back up what they write, so if you don’t believe them, go to their sources.

As to the story of a TSA guy masturbating, it shouldn’t take Snopes or even Google to prove it’s false. The original article came from the UK equivalent of The Onion, which most know is pure satire.

In fact, go check out the main page now. It’s big story is that Hillary Clinton is to star in a remake of “Spies Like Us.”

And when you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, you see this:

The Daily Squib is a curious satirical publication and should therefore be taken fu**ing seriously ;)

Esthier on November 30, 2010 at 10:47 AM

I’m just sayin’. You can believe your comment buddies or your own lyin’ eyes.

Dorvillian on November 30, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Strange, maybe, but strange is also watching two commercial planes fly straight into our tallest buildings while people were inside them. Stranger still, was saying those buildings collapse before our eyes with all the world watching.

Ridiculous is assuming that the government would rig a building with explosives during a plane attack that no one could have expected to bring down the buildings.

Esthier on November 30, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Boxy_Brown on November 30, 2010 at 9:38 AM
&
Esthier on November 30, 2010 at 10:54 AM

My comment specifically says that I do not subscribe to truther theories. I am not arguing for the existence of nano-thermite, invisible planes, holograms or NWO leaders.

What I am saying is that three buildings fell into their own footprints in one day and one of them was not even arguably structurally damaged for it to do so. Seven hours of fire not withstanding.

When a bunch of nut cases get out there and yell and scream about an event it makes it much harder for reasonable people to look at the situation objectively.

If you still want to pretend that I’ve locked myself in Charlie Sheen’s basement that’s certainly your privilege.

Dorvillian on November 30, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Boxy_Brown on November 30, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Yep. Fire, smoke and a gigantic frigging earthquake fifty feet away. Hell, TWO gigantic frigging earthquakes.

Why do so many people always feel the need to blame America? Are there really that many crack-heads out there?

Squiggy on November 30, 2010 at 11:57 AM

I hope every here as donated to this.

dave742 on November 30, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Jaibones on November 30, 2010 at 9:16 AM

You’d be amazed how many ‘conservatives’ on Facebook think the judge is some pinnacle of conservatism and that Alex Jones-except for the truther stuff-is a modern-day prophet.
Since I have a policy of not ‘friending’ AJ fans(and now AN fans) I’m going to have to drop a few people that I like because they’ve fallen for him hock, line & sinker.
It bother’s me but as Tevye said in ‘Fiddler on the Roof’: On the other hand…there is no other hand!

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2010 at 12:21 PM

‘Hock’='Hook’.
Preview is my friend.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I hope every here as donated to this.

dave742 on November 30, 2010 at 12:01 PM
Bug off truther.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I’m just sayin’. You can believe your comment buddies or your own lyin’ eyes.

Dorvillian on November 30, 2010 at 9:21 AM

You forgot to add the government sources, which for SOME reason, the same loudmouthed wingnuts who say can’t be trusted with anything else must be taken as gospel truth on this subject.

And then they have the gall to label anyone who goes off the plantation on the Official Story a “Truther”…the irony is so thick you could cut off a slice and eat it.

Dark-Star on November 30, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Anyone who believes that there was no damage to WTC7, isn’t paying attention to the facts.

Find aerial views of the site, just after the both towers were down. WTC7 basically had the debris of 2 huge towers falling on top of it, and all around it.

To believe it escaped damage that could have weakened it…Is one’s own choice, but…A very bad choice.

Talismen on November 30, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I love how anyone who talks about how the conditions in the WTC attack, if true, would be the “first time” anything like that has ever happened.

No s**t, morons. I can count how many skyscrapers have been brought down in the US by a pair of 767s on one hand. They act like this wasn’t unprecedented. Wake the hell up and put away the kool-aid, you conspiracy-addicted pukes.

MadisonConservative on November 30, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Dark-Star on November 30, 2010 at 1:01 PM

And you conspiracy theory assholes routinely lie, distort, or leave out facts that prove how full of sh!t you actually are.

Machiavelli Hobbes on November 30, 2010 at 1:30 PM

You know that was no jet plane the other day. It was a Chinese missle launched from a submarine. Glenn Beck said so.

vcferlita on November 30, 2010 at 1:30 PM

vcferlita on November 30, 2010 at 1:30 PM

I used to be a huge Beck fan but he’s starting to get too conspiracy oriented for my tastes.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2010 at 1:41 PM

When thousands of tons of concrete and iron slump an inch because of 20,000 gallons of jet fuel burning, what do you suppose would stop those thousands of tons?

mixplix on November 30, 2010 at 1:43 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Beck’s always been a nutcase. You’re telling me he just now accidentally alienated you by challenging an official story that you want to believe?

Dark-Star on November 30, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Dark-Star on November 30, 2010 at 1:47 PM

I still respect him more than I respect Alex Jones-bots or truthers….because I don’t respect them at all.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Anyone that believe that 911 was just some bad people flying hijacked planes into buildings, and that’s all there is to it, is a simpleton.

You wouldn’t have that opinion if 911 would have happened when Clinton or any Dem was POTUS.

Moesart on November 30, 2010 at 1:53 PM

mixplix on November 30, 2010 at 1:43 PM

+100

I once heated a stretched out paperclip until it sagged under its own weight, using a butane lighter.

Slowburn on November 30, 2010 at 1:54 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2010 at 1:41 PM

How so? He’s not only anti-truther but also devoted an episode to striking down the FEMA camp nonsense.

MadisonConservative on November 30, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Moesart on November 30, 2010 at 1:53 PM

THIS.

Unfortunately, between the screamers on both sides obscuring debate, and the American public’s pathetic attention span…”the rest of the story” will probably never be told.

But Mr.Napolitano should have known better than to give the “Stoopid Trufur” brigade more ammunition. The time to investigate was while the ruins were still smoking, not nearly a freaking decade after.

Dark-Star on November 30, 2010 at 2:00 PM

MadisonConservative on November 30, 2010 at 1:56 PM

I still watch him on occasion and would listen to his radio show if it wasn’t going up against Dennis Miller.
I also have…4? of his books.
I just think he’s becoming a little alarmist as of recent.
*shrugs*

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I hope every here as donated to this.
dave742 on November 30, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Do they take grains of sand? Wouldn’t want you to think Americans are cheap.

rukiddingme on November 30, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Dark-Star on November 30, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Awesome! I think its great that the same folks who believe the government is the root of all evil demonize those who question the government. Even though I have noticed that the security apparatus is one part of the gov the right loves…the part that gropes you, photos you for you own good. I just wish the right would realize TSA is much more representative of example of that apparatus than Navy Seals

snoopicus on November 30, 2010 at 2:28 PM

snoopicus on November 30, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth. It’s just a matter of finding when supporting the Official Story furthers their cause – in this case, their 21st-century crusade.

But that’s a whole ‘nother discussion…

Dark-Star on November 30, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I just think he’s becoming a little alarmist as of recent.
*shrugs*

annoyinglittletwerp on November 30, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I would counter by saying that recent legislation and actions taken by the government have been alarming.

MadisonConservative on November 30, 2010 at 2:44 PM

This is why a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for the Truthers. RP is a truther or at least truther light. That’s why he panders to them. He doesnt’ call them the idiots that they are.

I don’t care how good a guy’s domestic policy is. If he’s constantly making free propaganda for the enemy I dont’ want him as POTUS.

DethMetalCookieMonst on November 30, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Does anyone who questions 7 WTC have an explanation of why it took till 5PM for the building to fall.If there was a govt conspiracy why does the bldg remain standing for 7 hours after the attack? With the towers already attacked and down, what reason would exist for collapsing the ancilliary 7WTC? In fact 7 WTC was the site of Guiliani’s crisis center with huge tanks of diesel in the basement to provide power. These were ignited by the effects of the WTC 1& 2 impacts and corrupted the building skeleton leading to collapse

xkaydet65 on November 30, 2010 at 3:17 PM

RE:Dorvillian

“My comment specifically says that I do not subscribe to truther theories.”

And then you go directly into truther dogma…

What I am saying is that three buildings fell into their own footprints

A little thing called gravity. And no, there was rubble all over the place.

So 7 hours of fire wouldn’t structurally damage a building…. ‘k….

Say hello to all the prostitutes he forgot to let out.

Boxy_Brown on November 30, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Dark-Star on November 30, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Ever occur to you that the government would have stood zero chancre of keeping something like this quiet? Naaah…

“Awesome! I think its great that the same folks who believe the government is the root of all evil demonize those who question the government.

snoopicus on November 30, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Does this sound familiar?

Paranoid personality disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis characterized by paranoia and a pervasive, long-standing suspiciousness and generalized mistrust of others.
Those with the condition are hypersensitive, are easily slighted, and habitually relate to the world by vigilant scanning of the environment for clues or suggestions to validate their prejudicial ideas or biases. Paranoid individuals are eager observers. They think they are in danger and look for signs and threats of that danger, disregarding any facts. They tend to be guarded and suspicious and have quite constricted emotional lives. Their incapacity for meaningful emotional involvement and the general pattern of isolated withdrawal often lend a quality of schizoid isolation to their life experience.

Belief in this hogwash is a mental disorder. One that has been turned into it’s own little cult. Get help before you are pushing a shopping cart full of cans around. Or don’t. I saw what islamic terrorists did to New York on 9/11/01. The idea that we did that to ourselves is ignorant and offensive. Not to mention impossible. This mental problem would be tragic if it didn’t happen to usually afflict people who were a-holes to begin with.

Boxy_Brown on November 30, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Yeah, the collapse of WTC 7 really added to the shock effect of 9-11.

I watched televsion most of that day and I recall a broadcast journalist saying mid-afternoon (I think) that the NYFD expected WTC 7 to collapse at any time, which it finally did at some point.

Napolitano needs to get a haircut and get into the real world.

I appreciate his sensivitity to the US Constitution and its being compromised by the 3 branches of government, but this is nonsense.

And Alex Jones is a complete jackass.

molonlabe28 on November 30, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Wonderful.

…coming from you, Al.pundit, and taken with the obligatory grain of salt that you lack.

Yes, Alex Jones is a B-rated bloviator who manifests himself as the center of the universe, and that’s putting it kindly.

But if you’re going to debate Judge Napolitano, quit hiding behind your sissy metromale skirt and get yourself a phone call or e-mail interview, you prissy drama queen. Otherwise, this thread amounts to writing on the public bathroom walls, to put it kindly.

maverick muse on November 30, 2010 at 4:43 PM

9/11 brings knee-jerk reactions from all sides.

Crying “wolf” without cause or ignoring the wolf in the hen house, neither situation being right.

maverick muse on November 30, 2010 at 4:49 PM

maverick muse on November 30, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Ah, yes. Just like Jesse Ventura, you cry and moan and whine like a little priss that people are “just asking questions”.

When, really, all you are is too chickens**t to admit to being yet another dipstick that can’t resist the garbage that Jones and his ilk shovel.

MadisonConservative on November 30, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Space aliens committed 911. By blaming space aliens, one doesn’t have to think at all. Just say that space alien technology cannot be explained, therefore nobody will EVER come forward to prove that anyone other than muslim extremists committed 911.

However, Bush and Rove secretly communicated with the space aliens.

Bleed_thelizard on November 30, 2010 at 6:17 PM

What do you think about this?

Body Scanner Operator Caught Masturbating at Colorado Airport

Nearly Nobody on November 29, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Keeping the subject being discussed on hand, did he come down on himself?

bayview on November 30, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Moesart on November 30, 2010 at 1:53 PM

NOT THIS.

Actually I would believe that if that was what the evidence suggested, and I daresay the real “conspiracy” behind such an attack would be the same one behind the real “conspiracy” behind the real WTC attack. That is, there wasn’t one–it was just a matter of government apathy and incompetence. Isn’t that bad enough?

So give it up already, troofers. You have no proof of a conspiracy by the US government to destroy the WTC, only conjecture. The only thing you’re going to accomplish by insisting on your theories is embarrass yourselves and those who associate with you.

It’s kind of sad, really. Troofers are kind of like cult members when you think about it. Both of them get sucked into their respective ideologies by a need for a “deeper” and more meaningful truth, but all too often this desire leads them to cling to something that quite clearly is not and could never be true.

R. Waher on December 1, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Have trouble taking Judge N. seriously. He always reminds me of the fat cats dressed to the teeth sitting in the private boxes at the race track with their trophy blonds and the diamond stick pins in their ties back in the good ole days. lol

jeanie on December 1, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Word.

Yephora on December 1, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Moesart on November 30, 2010 at 1:53 PM

So can you find the responsible mainstream Republican links claiming Clinton set off the Cole bombing?

I’m presuming you can, since we’d do the exact same thing the truthers are doing here; claiming the President was responsible for the terrorist attacks.

The first failed bombing of the WTC, that was Clinton too, right? I’m sure you can find where all of us here claimed Clinton set that up as well.

I’m not sure where to look for those links; I’ve tried and failed. Do you have a different internet search engine specifically for disingenuous crazy conspiracy theories?

gekkobear on December 1, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Dorvillian on November 30, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Your talent for hyperbole did not go unnoticed.

I acknowledge that it was strange and just countered by saying the entire day was strange and that alternate theories are actually more far fetched.

If it makes you feel better to assume I’m attacking you personally, that is your privilege.

Esthier on December 1, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Moesart on November 30, 2010 at 1:53 PM

So right. I mean, who actually believes the “real” story behind the ’93 WTC bombing? And no buys that Nadal isn’t some Obama agent sent to kill military people. I mean, Obama isn’t even an American really, so clearly he wants military members and their unborn shot while defenseless. The ones he can’t kill over there, he dispatches someone like Nadal to finish off here.

Thanks for calling these people out on their hypocrisy.

Esthier on December 1, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Dorvillian on November 30, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Tell me. How many buildings of the size of WTC7 have you ever seen that have not “fallen into their own footprint”?

Buildings of this size are not legos. They are not cartoon trees that some character chopped too much on one size, causing them to teeter over to cries of “Timber!”.

The physics of this is well understood. The lateral forces required to move that many tons far enough sideways to make a building of that size land any significant amount outside its footprint (fast enough to overcome the staggering large downward forces applied by gravity that move it downward when the supports give way) are phenomenal.

It is extraordinarily hard to get a building like WTC7 to do anything but collapse into its own footprint. So why would you find it shocking that it did.

What were you expecting? Did you think it was “supposed to” go slewing tens of yards to the side while it collapses? Why? Where do the forces for those lateral accelerations come from?

Are you capable of doing the requisite math to check your premises for reasonableness?

VekTor on December 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM