Bad news: Bills receiver blames God after dropping game-winning TD pass

posted at 4:55 pm on November 29, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via TMZ, a desperately needed palate cleanser as we await the next round of document-dumping this afternoon by Wikileaks. (Word on Twitter is that it’s set for 5 p.m. ET.) To set the scene: 16-16 in overtime in Buffalo, the 2-8 Bills trying to salvage their season with an unlikely upset of the 7-3 Steelers. They were down 13 points in the third quarter and rallied to tie it; now in OT and just out of field-goal range on Pittsburgh’s 40-yard line, quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick spots receiver Stevie Johnson breaking towards the end zone downfield. Annnd … heart-ache:

“I had the game in my hands and I dropped it,” Johnson said. “Humbled. Humbled.”

Then, growing emotional, Johnson added: “I’ll never get over it. Ever.”

Watch the clip and behold a pro wideout letting a highlight-reel-worthy game-winner clank right off his fingers. Frankly, I’m not sure I’ll ever get over it either. How shaken was the poor guy after the game, won by the Steelers on a field goal on the ensuing drive? This shaken:

I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO…

The Twitter account isn’t verified so it’s not 100 percent certain that that’s the real Stevie Johnson, but c’mon — you can tell from the all caps that this is a serious crisis of faith. Two things, then. One: By tacking that offhand “THX THO” onto the end of his spiritual cri de coeur, he’s now officially my favorite player. Two: Give the man points, at least, for applying his standards on faith consistently. Most pro athletes give glory to God when they catch the winning TD but won’t blame him when they have a bad game. Johnson’s view: The big guy upstairs has to take the bitter with the sweet. Awesome.

He’ll bounce back once he decides that God is just testing him or that this is all part of the plan, etc. Exit question: Isn’t the real lesson here simply that God is a Steelers fan?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Isn’t the real lesson here simply that God is a Steelers fan?

Or, don’t rely on a guy with holes in his hands to help you catch a ball.

*ducks*

lorien1973 on November 29, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Oh, come on! The guy was letting off steam.

Blake on November 29, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Maybe he’s a Satanist and hasn’t figured out the nuances of his lord and savior.

Maxpower on November 29, 2010 at 4:59 PM

God probably isn’t a big sports fan.

He already knows the outcomes, after all.

Hoodlumman on November 29, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I’m shocked he didn’t blame Bush.

darwin on November 29, 2010 at 5:00 PM

When I first saw this, I knew you would blog it about 5 seconds after clocking in for the day, AP.

knangle on November 29, 2010 at 5:00 PM

And if some day, something miraculous and unexplainably good happens to Allahpundit, will he issue a spiritual cri de coeur??

Blake on November 29, 2010 at 5:01 PM

No denying the player was very upset about his drop, but I can’t believe the Twitter is genuine. But in any case, my bottom line:

sports + theology = bad mix.

jwolf on November 29, 2010 at 5:01 PM

God probably isn’t a big sports fan.

He already knows the outcomes, after all.

Hoodlumman on November 29, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Just be happy that God isn’t addicted to gambling and making book.

Blake on November 29, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Then, growing emotional, Johnson added: “I’ll never get over it. Ever.”

I’ll bet Christ could help you get over it.

Tommy_G on November 29, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Exit question: Isn’t the real lesson here simply that God is a Steelers fan?

Can atheists commit blasphemy?

BobMbx on November 29, 2010 at 5:03 PM

He dropped the ball five times that same day, apparently.

amerpundit on November 29, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I

PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!!

Maybe he ought to focus on catching passes thrown to him for 3 hours a week instead.

Jimbo3 on November 29, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Exit question: Isn’t the real lesson here simply that God is a Steelers fan?

Well of course He is!

I following the game on my Blackberry, and I just about had a stroke every time I saw that the Bills had the ball in OT. Suisham came through for us, though.

GO STEELERS!

Ward Cleaver on November 29, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Just be happy that God isn’t addicted to gambling and making book.

Blake on November 29, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I think gooney birds can be analogous to going all in before the flop.

And yes, he does bookmaking. He lets St. Peter run the collections part of the biz.

BobMbx on November 29, 2010 at 5:06 PM

The real lesson is don’t take your eyes off the ball, loser.

mchristian on November 29, 2010 at 5:06 PM

1 Corinthians 9:25:

Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

portlandon on November 29, 2010 at 5:06 PM

You do realize, of course, that they’re not giving glory because they caught the pass? They’re giving glory because that’s what they do. Every day. The only reason they have a microphone shoved in their face when they do it is because they caught the pass. I’ve seen post-game interviews where Christian players give praise to God but they aren’t doing because they lost.

landshark on November 29, 2010 at 5:07 PM

I thought it was sarcasm?

El_Terrible on November 29, 2010 at 5:07 PM

A product of Generation Me.

I can’t be at fault. The responsibility clearly lies elsewhere. And since I can never be responsible for anything, I can never be held accountable. That would be “unfair”. I’d be a victim.

ButterflyDragon on November 29, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Exit question: Isn’t the real lesson here simply that God is a Steelers fan?

I know you’re a nonbeliever, but are you sure that you want to put God and exit question in the same sentence?/

ontherocks on November 29, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Can atheists commit blasphemy?

BobMbx on November 29, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Every Day and in Every Way. I would like to see all atheists working on December 25th for straight time. Now that would show us.

Tommy_G on November 29, 2010 at 5:08 PM

God’s good, all the time. Whether things are going the way *I* want them to or not doesn’t really affect that.

Praising Him when things are going great is a piece of cake – doing it when things aren’t going great is harder, but… why should it be?

Midas on November 29, 2010 at 5:08 PM

OBVIOUSLY AN ANTI-SEMITE. Blaming it on the JOOOOOOS.
A teachable moment-
Get over your smiting from the great smiter and play ball.

Kuffar on November 29, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Tommy_G on November 29, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Speaking of which, I wonder what Allah’s getting for Christmas this year. He already has an iPad and iPhone.

amerpundit on November 29, 2010 at 5:10 PM

So what’s God suppose to do if there are praying players on the other team?Had to be more than a few Steeler’s fans out there praying he would drop the ball.

JellyToast on November 29, 2010 at 5:10 PM

You can still make longtime Bills fans forget Johnson’s pass-catching foibles on Sunday by saying the magic words “Scott Norwood”. An OT dropped pass in Week 12 while playing on a two-win team doesn’t compare with that missed chance from 20 years ago.

jon1979 on November 29, 2010 at 5:11 PM

At least it wasn’t the Superbowl. I wonder if Scott Norwood blamed God.

Mark1971 on November 29, 2010 at 5:11 PM

If he had caught it and won the game and thanked God it wouldn’t be news. If God get credit for winning he should get blame for losing. He’s either running the show or he isn’t.

deewhybee on November 29, 2010 at 5:12 PM

If God gave him the talent to excel as a football player, that’s one thing. What he makes of the talent is another, unless he’s claiming that missing a catch makes him some sort of modern-day Job.

And if he ia another Job, and that Tweet was authentic… he failed.

malclave on November 29, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Theological questions aside….

This is just one more piece of evidence on top of thousands that IT’S THE GLOVES DUDE. TAKE OFF THE GLOVES. Maybe then you could feel the ball hit your fingers a split-second sooner and close your hands around the ball in time to keep it from bouncing out of your arms.

If I was an NFL Head Coach, I would ban my receivers wearing gloves unless the weather is sub-freezing.

Oh nevermind, the dainty, pampered NFL athletes have sensitive skin. Bunch of panzies. Back when I was a boy, receivers didn’t wear GLOVES. [scoff]

FlatlanderByTheLake on November 29, 2010 at 5:12 PM

The glory got in his eyes.

smellthecoffee on November 29, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I’m not sure how I feel about AP hosting this post… but I digress.
With that said, I think dude is ok. Who here has not been angry at God and lashed out (believers, of course)? I’m of the mindset that God is a big boy and he knows our hearts. I’m not sure twitter was the place for the rant but God was gonna hear this man screaming out whether he put it out there for the rest of us or not. God can take it. We all get angry.

skeedro on November 29, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I blame global warming.

Mr. D on November 29, 2010 at 5:14 PM

JellyToast on November 29, 2010 at 5:10 PM

On Saturday, Notre Dame beat USC for the first time in nine years and BYU loses to Utah after earlier losing to TCU. Coincidence? I think not.

Jimbo3 on November 29, 2010 at 5:14 PM

angryed on November 29, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Having a relationship with God includes your personal walk of faith. Sometimes you are very close to God and sometimes you are far behind. But God always waits for you. He never deserts you or causes you to stumble.

texasconserv on November 29, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Johnson needs to brush up on where his real treasure is, but other than that having an open dialog of his feelings with God is fine.

pedestrian on November 29, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Dude, he doesn’t invoke God anywhere in his tweet. It’s obvious he’s down on his own self. Atheists do tend to think themselves as their own god…so it’s only fitting that he questions himself here.

God has nothing to do with the post. It’s all about Stevie.

Friend of yours, AP?

Al-Ozarka on November 29, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Or, don’t rely on a guy with holes in his hands to help you catch a ball.

*ducks*

lorien1973 on November 29, 2010 at 4:58 PM

That is possibly the funniest thing I’ve ever read ha!!

Allah’s really setting himself up for some bashin’ with this thread. Cripes, I’ve been a life-long Jets fan, and believe me, they ain’t God’s favorite team I can tell ya.

JetBoy on November 29, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Tommy_G on November 29, 2010 at 5:08 PM

I’m neither an atheist nor a Christian. If I’m working on December 25, you’ll be damned sure I’ll be paid the holiday rate.

aunursa on November 29, 2010 at 5:18 PM

deewhybee on November 29, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Doesn’t seem to me that folks give credit to God for winning, but rather praise for blessing them with talent and ability.

It’s not like this guy suddenly found himself running for the end zone and his talent/ability was gone – he simply dropped a pass (one of many that day, if I recall correctly).

If he uses his God-given talent well, or fails to use it well on any given occassion – what does that have to do with the fact that God blessed him with that talent and should be praised? He’s not playing today at all – is he still blessed with the talent?

I certainly don’t know, but I suspect God isn’t stepping in to help him catch a pass or prevent him from catching the next one. But God deserves praise for the talent and ability whether this fellow catches or fails to catch a pass.

*shrug*

Midas on November 29, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Sounds like he’s taking a page out of O-Bambi’s playbook. “Me, me, me, I, I, I.”

If this is the worse thing the over-indulged, pampered and overpaid Stevie Johnson ever has to face, he should fall to his knees in gratitude.

Being egotistical and tempting God is never a good plan.

GrannyDee on November 29, 2010 at 5:19 PM

And it’s obvious…God’s chosen people are the Jews. And how may Jewish athletes do you see out there?

Exactly.

JetBoy on November 29, 2010 at 5:20 PM

“The idea that God gives a shit what happens in a Buffalo-Pittsburgh game is beyond ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as the idea that he exists.”

angryed on November 29, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Spoken like one who has never experienced the power of God in his/her life.

You’re missing out on something very precious,angryed…which probably accounts for your choice of username.

Al-Ozarka on November 29, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Maybe the cornerback started praying harder after he got torched–”Chrst, please don’t let him catch that ball”.

dedalus on November 29, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Whenever I got a bad grade in college, I’d walk into my professors office and yell:

THIS HOW YOU DO ME? I ATTEN YO CLASS EEVERYDAY N THIS HOW YOU DO ME? OMG

blatantblue on November 29, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I ask God to help me learn and do His will for me.

When that is all I ask for, He never says “no”.

And God doesn’t promise that we will be successful if we believe and follow Him.

To the contrary, in Genesis, after the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, He promises that men will have to work by the sweat of their brows and that birthing babies will be painful.

God has blessed me with my career, but I have to work by the sweat of my brow.

I thanked God after an important meeting went well today, but I thank Him everyday for everything, even if it’s not what I would have chosen if the choice was mine to make.

molonlabe28 on November 29, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Al-Ozarka on November 29, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Very true. We may not agree on the value of Stevie’s chosen profession, but he seems to be making the most of the talents he was given and getting paid according to the entertainment he provides. If he sets a good example of a Godly man to those who watch him, then that’s all we can expect of him. Apparently God chose this day to draw attention to Stevie’s relationship to him so that others can learn.

pedestrian on November 29, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Al-Ozarka on November 29, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Angryed is right

blatantblue on November 29, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Jimbo3 on November 29, 2010 at 5:05 PM

The two aren’t mutually exclusive unless you’re the type who can’t walk and chew gum.

I’ve never heard someone praise God for catching a ball. I’ve heard them praise God for their natural talent, but that’s not quite the same. But oh well, this fits with the, “either everything is God’s fault and he’s therefore Hitler, or nothing is and he’s therefore worthless,” atheist argument.

Esthier on November 29, 2010 at 5:27 PM

You should never pray for more in life than a new fishing pole.

BL@KBIRD on November 29, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Rush said today: Who does he think he is, Terrell Owens? LOL.

This young man needs to be thanking God everyday for the ability to make tons of money playing a game most guys only get to play in their yard.

kingsjester on November 29, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Exit question: Isn’t the real lesson here simply that God is a Steelers fan?

Could well be. Or maybe just that God doesn’t give a s*** about who wins a football game except how it affects the eternal souls of the people involved.

Can atheists commit blasphemy?

BobMbx on November 29, 2010 at 5:03 PM

You have to be a believer to commit heresy, but not blasphemy. It’s disrespecting God, either by using His name casually, or attributing false things to God, like saying and meaning this: “God is so mean and unfair!”

Unfortunately ignorance and/or irreverence by atheists accounts for a lot (not all) of blasphemy. Every time AP or anyone else on these boards says “Oh my God” or “good lord [sic]” and they’re not praying, they’re committing it.

inviolet on November 29, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Exactly.

JetBoy on November 29, 2010 at 5:20 PM

You’d think that the New York Jets doing so well this year would be enough proof that God exists and loves you. =)

portlandon on November 29, 2010 at 5:32 PM

amerpundit on November 29, 2010 at 5:10 PM

If you’ve got an iPad you really need this.

Tommy_G on November 29, 2010 at 5:32 PM

If God wanted you to catch the ball, you would have evolved into lizard hand man! Get over it and catch the next one.

Fuquay Steve on November 29, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Angryed is right

blatantblue on November 29, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Nope.

Esthier on November 29, 2010 at 5:33 PM

First, God is a Steelers fan. Second, if anything, this guy should be thanking God, since he gets paid millions of dollars to play a kids’ game for a living.

JavelinaBomb on November 29, 2010 at 5:35 PM

The poor schmuck kicker on Boise State can probably relate.

KS Rex on November 29, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Everyone knows the Steelers are God’s favorites. We have the trophies to prove it.

unseen on November 29, 2010 at 5:39 PM

amerpundit on November 29, 2010 at 5:10 PM

For a while he really wanted an iPowers, but, alas, it was not to be.

Blake on November 29, 2010 at 5:40 PM

This one always cracked me up:

God does answer prayers, but sometimes the answer is no.

Fallon on November 29, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Wow, helluva toss.

Tres Angelas on November 29, 2010 at 5:40 PM

It appears as though Little Stevie has forgotten the lesson he learned about Job. Perhaps he should re-read it and ponder it’s meaning.

darwin-t on November 29, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Lots of judgement being passed on a great guy here. Stevie Johnson is a young 7th round draft pick who torched Cincinnati for 3 TDs last week. He had a bad day against a great Steelers D. If there is a harder working person posting on this blog I would like to meet them. As for the heartache from the dropped pass…let’s just say it’s par for the course here in Buffalo.

menacetosobriety on November 29, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Seriously, how funny would it have been if he blamed global warming? (Don’t laugh too hard though, Sports Illustrated said Willie Mays wouldn’t have made the over-the-shoulder catch in their “green” issue. Because of global warming.)

JavelinaBomb on November 29, 2010 at 5:41 PM

portlandon on November 29, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Just wait…you’ll see…

JetBoy on November 29, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Your missing the point, Allah, with all due respect.

God enables us to be our best so yes, it makes sense that people at their best give thanks. When you fall or stumble, God isn’t there making you fall or stumble. That’s life. So God wasn’t enabling the Steelers to win or the Bills to lose. Just like God doesn’t enable me to pass or fail Calculus, it’s all on me.

And honestly, it isn’t God that has to take the bitter with the sweet, it’s us.

Rightwingguy on November 29, 2010 at 5:42 PM

menacetosobriety on November 29, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Who is passing judgment on him? The worst I’m seeing here are those admitting that obvious, that the man should be grateful that he’s paid millions to play a game that the rest of us play as a hobby at best.

Esthier on November 29, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Angryed is right

blatantblue on November 29, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Nope.

Esthier on November 29, 2010 at 5:33 PM

To be fair, Est, angryed has a point. Both teams, whomever they are, will pray for victory. Only one can win. God truly isn’t altering the outcomes of football games or any other sports. When I would pray before a game, I only asked God to let me perform to the best of my potential…and the rest is up to me. If I do well, or if I screw up, I’m the only one to blame.

JetBoy on November 29, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Blake on November 29, 2010 at 5:01 PM

You mean like Meghan MacC shouting “Oh My God” repeatedly as the conclusion to a diner date with AP?

NaCly dog on November 29, 2010 at 5:46 PM

And honestly, it isn’t God that has to take the bitter with the sweet, it’s us.

Rightwingguy on November 29, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Actually God does take the bitter with the sweet, and He sent His only begotten Son that we may live.

darwin-t on November 29, 2010 at 5:47 PM

And I thought the USC Notre Dame game was a heartbreaker.

Mad Kimchi on November 29, 2010 at 5:48 PM

darwin-t on November 29, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Preach, my brother, preach.

kingsjester on November 29, 2010 at 5:52 PM

I thought this was rather amusing:

Two things we must point out to Steve: God has been a Steelers fan for quite some time now (See: six Super Bowl victories) and, well, you don’t want to poke the bear, if you know what we mean.

Last week Johnson had three TD grabs in a win over Cincy and we didn’t hear a peep out of him. Now all of a sudden the Big Fella is to blame for the Big Drop. Memo to Stevie: Remove your tweet, claim you misquoted yourself and promise never to do it again.

As a lifetime Bills fan, I will get over this. I hope Stevie can as well.

pain train on November 29, 2010 at 5:52 PM

NaCly dog on November 29, 2010 at 5:46 PM

I said miraculous and good — not, toxic and whiny.

Blake on November 29, 2010 at 5:53 PM

I blame the Devil
======================

Flip Wilson on The Ed Sullivan Show

canopfor on November 29, 2010 at 5:53 PM

acomment

ted c on November 29, 2010 at 5:58 PM

I said miraculous and good — not, toxic and whiny.

Blake on November 29, 2010 at 5:53 PM

You and I may see it that way, but AP might not.

NaCly dog on November 29, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Online Fox News Streaming
=========================

canopfor on November 29, 2010 at 6:01 PM

I heard a post-game radio interview of Johnson and he did nothing but blame himself for the missed catch, and properly so. He also apologized to the team and fans for his screw up. All in all, he took complete responsibility, which makes me wonder about the genuiness of the twitter post.

But assuming arguendo that he did blame God, well, I’m gonna join him. Problem is, my list of screw ups is so long, I doubt even God could’ve caused them all. ,-}

TXUS on November 29, 2010 at 6:02 PM

JetBoy on November 29, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Oh, Jet, I’m not talking about angryed’s first sentence, but rather the second one. I assume we agree on that.

Now, I do believe God cares about even the trivial. That’s what the water into wine miracle was all about after all, and that was the first miracle Jesus performed. So I do believe that God cares that you as a player are humiliated if you can’t catch an easy pass or lose a big game. But I don’t believe God has any interest at all in seeing one team beat another. The idea that he does is, as angryed said, ridiculous.

Esthier on November 29, 2010 at 6:03 PM

menacetosobriety on November 29, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Yes the hate is overwhelming? Had this tweet not been made, no one would be talking about this, except the respective fans of each team.

Cindy Munford on November 29, 2010 at 6:06 PM

God doesn’t help those who don’t help themselves.
So by him not catching the ball, he doesn’t help himself win the game.

hawkman on November 29, 2010 at 6:07 PM

darwin-t on November 29, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Yes, but God didn’t have to. I think that’s an important distinction. We do have to take the good and the bad. Jesus, on the other hand, never had to leave Heaven and never had to experience bad.

Esthier on November 29, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Isn’t it entirely possible that he’s just making a bad joke at his own expense using sarcasm?

Esthier on November 29, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I blame Bill Belichick!

Del Dolemonte on November 29, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Esthier on November 29, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Well said.

inviolet on November 29, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Esthier on November 29, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Absolutely! Words have consequences but I don’t see this becoming anything but a hoot.

Cindy Munford on November 29, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I like Hall of Fame wide reciever Cris Carter’s explanation.

Focus, Focus, Focus.

Carter explained this morning on the Mike & Mike show that after Johnson’s huge game the week before he was on ESPN, sport’s talk radio shows and anyone else that would have him on. Johnson was interviewed and praised from Monday through Thursday with many accolades and pats on the back.

Like Carter said, good or bad game, the players must move on and focus on every play in the next game. Carter said Johnson dropped that ball during his whirlwind TV and radio appearances this past week and long before it actually happened.

Steve Johnson can learn from this. God left Jesus on the cross even though Jesus felt he was being forsaken.

Johnson will be fine. He has a lot of talent. maybe he will catch the game winner in the Super Bowl one day. Well if he is traded away from Buffalo that is. Ha Ha!! Just a shot at the Bills from a Dolphin fan. ;)

chief on November 29, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Esthier on November 29, 2010 at 6:03 PM

My apologies…I should have known better ;)

JetBoy on November 29, 2010 at 6:23 PM

darwin-t on November 29, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Well it sort of varies with your interpretation. Yes, he sent his only begotten son on Earth to atone for our sins, but like Esthier said, he didn’t have to.

My point was that God is fine all day long whether the Bills win or lose, and as they say, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. It’s up to us to deal with the “taketh away” part.

Rightwingguy on November 29, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Also, just like how a Christophe Hitchens death-bed conversion to Christianity won’t convince atheists to join the Christian fold, this over-payed athlete apparently throwing a temper tantrum at God because he missed a catch doesn’t sway me either.

Maybe, God was trying to teach the guy a lesson in humility.

Rightwingguy on November 29, 2010 at 6:27 PM

I blame Bill Belichick!

Del Dolemonte on November 29, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Only when it come to cheating…

JetBoy on November 29, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Can atheists commit blasphemy?

BobMbx on November 29, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Tommy_G on November 29, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Wow – your god must be a Steelers fan considering how much sexual aggression he’ll tolerate by Big Ben. Tell you what – this atheist will work holidays for straight time if your church and every other church will start paying taxes on its collection plate earnings. Deal?

Blasphemy … isn’t that what all those Danish cartoonists keep getting threatened over? Oh, that’s a completely different monothesitic religion with its roots in the Middle East – gotcha.

elcapt on November 29, 2010 at 6:37 PM

This is strange. Watch that from the back of the end zone shot again. I have never seen a NFL wideout drop a pass this way. The ball doesnt bounce off his hands-he appears to cradle it and then spreads his hands apart. Very suspicious…just sayin’.

GreenBlade on November 29, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Isn’t the real lesson here simply that God is a Steelers fan?

That’s why they got spanked by the Pats. BOO YA

scrubbiedude on November 29, 2010 at 6:41 PM

That’s why they got spanked by the Pats. BOO YA

scrubbiedude on November 29, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Sometimes God does not give you everything.

CWforFreedom on November 29, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Someone is sure sensitive about Bellicheat.

Btw Chris Carter today called what the Broncos did cheating.

Oh and if not so serious why did the NFL charge an unprecedented amount of fines against the Pats? Yes 750000 dollars total and a first round draft pick. Yeh it meant nothing/sarc . Grow up.

CWforFreedom on November 29, 2010 at 6:56 PM