Somali-Born Teen Arrested After Attempting to Detonate a Car Bomb in Oregon

posted at 8:00 am on November 27, 2010 by Jimmie Bise, Jr

It’s not just high-profile targets that are at-risk, folks.

PORTLAND — A Corvallis teenager was arrested Friday in connection with a car bomb at a Christmas tree lighting event.

The bomb was inert and posed no danger, officials said.

Mohamed Osman Mohamud, 19, a naturalized U.S. citizen from Somalia and resident of Corvallis, was arrested on accusations of attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction (explosives) in connection with a plot to detonate a vehicle bomb at an annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony, the Justice Department announced.

According to the Reuters version of the story, Mohamud used a cell phone to detonate what he thought was van full of explosives. The target was the annual Christmas Tree lighting in the capitol of Portland, Oregon’s largest city (error corrected) during the evening of the busiest shopping day of the year. Mohamud was not aiming for a couple dozen victims, but hundreds and perhaps thousands and his motivation was “violent jihad”.

We shouldn’t fret, though. The authorities already know, scant hours after the arrest, that this was an isolated incident.

Dwight C. Holton, U.S. Attorney for the District of Oregon, said, “This defendant’s chilling determination is a stark reminder that there are people — even here in Oregon — who are determined to kill Americans. The good work of law enforcement protected Oregonians in this case, and we have no reason to believe there is any continuing threat arising from this case.”

That’s all well and good, but do we have reason to believe there isn’t? Have the FBI and the Portland Police Bureau run down all of Mohamud’s friends and associates? Have they brought a few folks in for questioning? Far be it from me to criticize Dwight C. Holton, U.S. Attorney for the District of Oregon, but I’m not confident in any police department’s ability to thoroughly investigate a suspect’s known associates in only a couple or three hours from the point of arrest. I realize this investigation has been ongoing for months, but perhaps the authorities could wait a few days before making the boilerplate “there’s nothing more to see here so move along” announcement, if for no other reason than to assure us that they’re diligently running down every possible lead.

Though the authorities were on top of this one, we should remember that they’re not going to catch every attempt. Mohamud chose Portland because it was an unlikely place for a terrorist strike and you can bet that if this occurred to a teenager on his first act of jihad, then it’s occurred to the seasoned veterans. I have no doubt that, even now, jihadists are looking at places where we gather as good places to strike and the police can’t be everywhere no matter how they may try to reassure us that they’re on top of things.

As we saw recently in Times Square, the most effective anti-terrorist tools are the eyes and ears of a vigilant citizenry. I made this point about airline security in the latest episode of my podcast, The Delivery, and it works outside the airport terminal, too. For every plot our law enforcement agencies foil, there are other plots they know nothing about. We still have to keep our eyes open, even in places where we think we should be safe, like a Christmas Tree lighting.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Your expressed views on racial and cultural superiority suggest you have a lot in common with these.
DarkCurrent on November 29, 2010 at 11:53 AM

maybe you would prefer to live in Somalia or Ethiopia or Niger or Sudan or anyone of a number of hellholes where they feel whites and or Christians are infidels

if you have a choice where are you going?

There or here?

I expect an answer and a simple yes or no without any moral relativism please

Sonosam on November 29, 2010 at 12:04 PM

if you have a choice where are you going?

There or here?

I expect an answer and a simple yes or no without any moral relativism please

Sonosam on November 29, 2010 at 12:04 PM

I could care less what you expect. I think I’ll just stay here in China.

DarkCurrent on November 29, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Glad they caught him. But still, my first thought on reading the headline was: ‘I didn’t know they still allowed Christmas trees in Oregon.’ Who knew?

austinnelly on November 29, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Yeah china

the utopia and pinnacle of human rights

I bet you grab your cratch as you mouth the name “mao”

Sonosam on November 29, 2010 at 2:10 PM

I could care less what you expect. I think I’ll just stay here in China.
DarkCurrent on November 29, 2010 at 12:07 PM

not enough stones to answer an easy question while answer all of yours and your aspersions

I wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire

flame out

w

wearing a veil I bet, gos well with your garters

you should

Sonosam on November 29, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I could care less what you expect. I think I’ll just stay here in China.
DarkCurrent on November 29, 2010 at 12:07 PM
not enough stones to answer an easy question while I answer all of yours and your aspersions
I wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire
flame out
Sonosam on November 29, 2010 at 2:20 PM

That’s better

Sonosam on November 29, 2010 at 2:23 PM

The ethnicity diatribe that went on here is very interesting to me.
I like to study the genetics of ethnic groups.
I don’t think ethnic groups’ genetics are very well understood by most people, nor the word ‘mongrel’ or ‘inbred’ in reference to human genetic population groups.

America from the beinning was a mix of many ethnic groups, not just ‘Caucasian’, which means very little.
There were Jews & Moors & Africans etc from the early days 1600′s.
Look at the make up of the early Dutch colony on Manhatten & nearby.
Of course the English colonies were made up of people from ‘Britain’, but they did bring servants with them & over time there were lots of others that came here.
Being ‘Hispanic’ also means very little. Look up the ratios of ethnic genetic groups that make uo a ‘Hispanic’ & you will find all kinds of disagreements as well as tons of sub-groups in how they categorize themselves.
Instead of focusing on the genetic make-up of the population, why not focus on the shared values of the population.
NoDonkey earlier in the thread suggested treating muslims as the Japanese were treated in WWII & rounded up into camps.
We don’t do that to communists or satanists, so why muslims?
Why not instead strictly control immigration & accept only desireable people from friendly countries with friendly backgrounds who have valuable skills to come here.
Leave those applying for asylum as a very small #.

Again-this ethnic make-up of a country will change no matter what is done.
The genetic make-up of Europeans is complex in itself.
And if you want to know who is inbred, well, the white people are. And all of us are.
It means nothing.
All we are is a bunch of little breeding groups with some genes in common.
That is not what makes up a country in totality.
Lame argument.

Badger40 on November 29, 2010 at 2:38 PM

DarkCurrent on November 27, 2010 at 7:00 PM
Perhaps you need to stop trolling this thread and actually make an argument and stop using the tactic of asking what the definition of is, is.

keep the change on November 27, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Actually, after reading the exchanges here,& from his posting past, perhaps you don’t understand how you’re being played.
He has a valid point on the ‘who gets to come to America’ point.
Notice my post above.
In America, we have welcomed all types of people to share in the ideals of being an American.
Perhaps at once point there was a majority of ‘Caucasian’ English whites living here, but the notion of excluding people based upon their ethnicity is ridiculous.
Now if you base the exclusion of immigrants to America based upon what country they come from, friend or foe, as well as a host of other things, like past associations, current economic condition, education, etc., then you have something there.
Even muslims can become loyal Americans.
I personally do not believe very devout ones could, bcs their political ideology (AKA religion) is not compatible with our way of life.
But there are ways to weed out the zealots without saying, Hey! You! You’re African, or Somali, or ‘Arab’ blah blah blah so you can’t come here!
That is a retarded ignorant way of thinking very close to genocide.
Sonofsam has already explained him/herself quite well on the ethnic purity line of reasoning & it smacks of insanity.

Badger40 on November 29, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Dude sounds like a soulmate for one of Barry’s daughters. Or both.

BHO Jonestown on November 29, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Badger40 on November 29, 2010 at 4:22 PM

doubt you will be worrying about Christmas bombings

Guess what, I support the decent Iraqis who have been fighting by our side trying to rid themselves of virulent scum

I wonder what political ideal found such sn effort I tolerable?

And thinks bringing virulent scum here is a good idea

I wonder what political ideal said status quo can’t change in the ME?

And has done it’s best to keep status quo there

Sonosam on November 29, 2010 at 6:21 PM

I do

Sonosam on November 29, 2010 at 6:27 PM

you are a coward of the highest order who is too afraid to reveal their own positionI wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire
flame out

Sonosam on November 29, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I thought I made my position clear: I think you’re a ranting, semi-literate racist buffoon.

DarkCurrent on November 30, 2010 at 1:37 AM

I wonder what political ideal found such sn effort I tolerable?

And thinks bringing virulent scum here is a good idea

I wonder what political ideal said status quo can’t change in the ME?

And has done it’s best to keep status quo there

Sonosam on November 29, 2010 at 6:21 PM

I’m sorry. That is untelligible. Not sure what you’re talking about.

I do

Sonosam on November 29, 2010 at 6:27 PM

While that is not a problem, your fixation upon the racial make-up of this country is.
As I said above, race has nothing to do with anything.
I still don’t understand why you think ‘Caucasian’ means anything.
It doesn’t.
You don’t limit immigration based upon race.
You don’t limit inclusion into something based upon race.
There have been lots of people that have tried to do that over the centuries.
It results in genocide.
It’s wrong.

Badger40 on November 30, 2010 at 8:18 AM

You don’t limit immigration based upon race.

Why the hell not if everywhere else does?

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 9:12 AM

As I said it’s dimple math

if black areas stay black

And Hispanic stay Hispanic

and Asian stay Asian

And Arab and Persian stay Persian

what is so bad about preserving our demographic

not only that but when we take in so many races illegally and legally they more often than not are dependent on the government which is just an extension of us

why should we sacrifice our prosperity and opportunities?

Its obvious that our corrupt government uses this as a tactic to diminish our sovereingnty

it’s not racist to say that white Christians understand freedom and the pursuit of prosperity more than other races

in fact I feel we are the major lynchpin preventing tyranny thusly we must be diminished

through progressive taxation and affirmitive action policies we lose our wealth and opportunities in education and jobs

you cannot say I’m wrong

it’s no longer the most qualified for the job or school but who is the minority

I have no problem if the top ten applicants are minorities but when it’s because some authoritarian says it’s because they deserve it more as a result of situation than ability I do

yep, nobody is comfortable talking about such a subject but when I see that one of our prized experiments just attempted to kill hundreds at a Christmas tree lighting it makes it easy

PS

Badger40 on November 29, 2010 at 4:22 PM
doubt you will be worrying about Christmas bombings

I wonder what political ideal found such an effort Intollerable?

And thinks bringing virulent scum here is a good idea

I wonder what political ideal said status quo can’t change in the ME?

And has done it’s best to keep status quo there

Sonosam on November 29, 2010 at 6:21 PM

I cleaned it up

basically my answer is that you bring the guetto here but you clean the guetto out where it is

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 9:34 AM

A couple of points I think we agree on:

- We need to crack down very seriously on illegal immigration

- Immigrants to the US should not be provided welfare at tax payer expense.

After that we part company.

You want to establish race-based qualifications for immigration. That is patently racist.

You also apparently fail to realize that even if we were to somehow attempt to maintain our current ‘racial balance’ we’d need to let in a lot of non-whites, even if you go back to ratios of 1970 or even 1870. Somehow I suspect you might have a problem with that.

I’m curious if you’d allow Jews to immigrate to the US?

DarkCurrent on November 30, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Hell

bama stated that he wanted to grant amnesty to all illegal aliens and have them join unions, wonder why

he stated that this is not a Christian country, it certainly is

seriously

if you want to improve the world you don’t ruin the last place that should be the model

maybe my target should be the megalomaniacs that want to sieze control of us using these tactics of aiding and abeting illegal immigration and bringing nonconformists to our shores to live off us

with that position we can now call these refugees and illegal aliens pawns in a larger game

does that make it easier for you to swallow?

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 9:47 AM

I’m curious if you’d allow Jews to immigrate to the US?
DarkCurrent on November 30, 2010 at 9:46 AM

not a big fan of our liberal Jewish politicians

they seem to be willing participants with the commie left

that being said I have fully supporte Israels right to exist and have had no problem with them defending themselves against a rabid barbaric enemy

inspit on those at the haque and UN and elsewhere that will call it a human rights abuse when they try to defend themselves by building a wall and are silent after hundreds of salvos of aimless rockets fall into their villages hoping to kill anyone or destroy something

we are finding ourselves in the same boat as Israel

they are maligned for defending themselves though they certainly haven’t brought the full weight of their abilities to bare while they are savaged at any given opportunity

same here

we fight the cruelest most barbaric enemy who cut of heads of the living, explode bombs in market places, kill and torture men women and children yet we are hung out to dry for sticking one of the POS head under water to get into that SAVES lives

a curious world we live in

as for the domestic Jewish people I am constantly amazed in who they support politically

they vote on par with the blacks right?

They love bill Clinton who had arafat as a guest to the white house

they support the dem commies who by and large are home to the most virulent antisemite scum around

I wish that could be explained to me but it is a paradox to me

yeah Im ok with Israelis coming here but isn’t it true that they try to draw as many Jews back to Israel as they can so as not to be demographically overun?

Arafat did say they would destroy Israel from the womb

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:09 AM

We have race based qualification here and it doesn’t help the whites that’s for sure

are you willing to call our government officials the racists that they and practicing?

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:12 AM

are you willing to call our government officials the racists that they are and in practice?

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:09 AM

So you’re ok with the Jews, as long as they stay in Israel, right?

Says the maniac who advocates wiping out 9 million + Somali Muslims, men, women and children, if it would save one American.

DarkCurrent on November 30, 2010 at 10:22 AM

You don’t limit immigration based upon race.

Why the hell not if everywhere else does?

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 9:12 AM

I don’t know what ‘everyone else’ does.
I would rather focus on what America should do.
Again, race has NOTHING to do with being a good American, or a Christian (i.e. lots of Arab Christians in the world), etc.
Sonofsam-are you using WordPad or something to type your comments? Your text is really weird & all over the place, making you hard to understand sometimes.
Sometimes I can work around your spelling errors, but you should clean it up.

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Arafat did say they would destroy Israel from the womb

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:09 AM

So what if they wants Jews in Israel.
That’s their business. They’re running their country from the Biblical perspective as far as their survival counts.
We are not.

he stated that this is not a Christian country, it certainly is

seriously

does that make it easier for you to swallow?

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Being a conformist in American society does not mean you have to be a Christian, or any other sort of denomination of anything.
We are not a theocracy.
We welcome all kinds of people who want to share in the same vision of freedom & liberty.
DarkCurrent & I & you are on agreement that more care needs to be taken when allowing people to immigrate to this country.
We are not in agreement that race is a consideration.
Race means nothing.
It seems like it means everything to you.
That is a shame.

Badger40 on November 30, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:12 AM

If you’re referring to affirmative action, yes I’m against it and find it a racist practice.

DarkCurrent on November 30, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:12 AM

If you’re referring to @ffirmative @ction, yes I’m against it and find it a racist practice.

(this could end up being a duplicate comment, seems the first version got caught in the filter)

DarkCurrent on November 30, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:09 AM
So you’re ok with the Jews, as long as they stay in Israel, right?

That’s not what I said at all

I just noted the irony in that the Jews are as concerned for their existence as I

the Arafat quote is quite pertinant

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:36 AM

That’s not what I said at all

the Arafat quote is quite pertinant

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Ok, so can I interpret that to mean you have no problem with Jewish immigration to the US?

I ask because you were seemingly so insistent on ‘white Christians’.

DarkCurrent on November 30, 2010 at 10:39 AM

We are not a theocracy.

Didn’t say we were a theocracy but to deny that this country and it’s ideals were founded by christians is wrong

Is that what we are getting by in large?

I see dependents shipped in as to create a demand for larger government and another excuse to diminish the autonomous

DarkCurrent & I & you are on agreement that more care needs to be
taken when allowing people to immigrate to this country.

We are not in agreement that race is a consideration.

That’s fine but when we are talking about is going to be on government life support it seems to be Hispanic illegal aliens and African ” refugees”

so race is a factor especially when you add the antiamerican component which is exibited moreso from them than say the Irish

Race means nothing.

It seems like it means everything to you.

I am concerned with demographic shifts that are occurring in western civilization but not elsewhere

maybe if we changed the term Caucasian to “spotted owl” we might get some press

I feel it’s a willful attempt to diminish the one race and religion that are the architects of freedom and pursuit of prosperity

I do not think it is a coincidence that the diminishment of the above is key for totalitarian rule

That is a shame

Badger40 on November 30, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:54 AM

So what if they wants Jews in Israel.
We are not.

Really?

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:57 AM

I wish that could be explained to me but it is a paradox to me

i see noone wanted to tackle that

DarkCurrent on November 30, 2010 at 10:22 AM

I said given the choice of the two

I’ll add that the bonus for these regions and others like it being despotic is that they will never be building an “Ohio” class sub

otherwise we would be one smooth surfaced nation

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:54 AM

We’ve traded a few sharp words, but please don’t interpret this as anything more than an honest plea.

If possible, please use the quote feature. It would make your responses much easier to follow.

DarkCurrent on November 30, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Will try

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Another question

what demographic is the barrier against “cap and trade” and other global climate change follies?

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Another question

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Primarily people with an IQ over 95.

DarkCurrent on November 30, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Demographics include many other things besides race.
Note:

dem·o·graph·ics   /ˌdɛməˈgræfɪks, ˌdimə-/ Show Spelled
[dem-uh-graf-iks, dee-muh-] Show IPA

–noun
( used with a plural verb ) the statistical data of a population, esp. those showing average age, income, education, etc.

I am concerned about our demographics here in the US, too.
But I don’t care if my neighbor is black, a Jew, a white Christian, Arab Christian, black Christian, devil worshipper, Wiccan, atheist, Chinese, Bhuddist, Hindu, or yes: muslim.
What I care about is that they share the same commitment to the Constitution & other founding principles.
I don’t even care if they are: GASP; gay.
All that matters is that they recognize & support the govt as originally intended.
You don’t have to be a white Christian to support any of that.

So what if they wants Jews in Israel.
We are not.

Really?

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 10:57 AM

The biblical virtues of our country’s founding are understood & some of those virtues are incorporated into founding documents.
But beyond that, you do not need to be a white Christian to be American.
All may apply, as long as they agree to adhere to what I mentioned above.
Again, the racial make-up of a population is not what makes America, America. It’s our shared committment to the ideals we founded it upon, of which some are religious in nature.
You can be a satanist & still uphold American principles-though it might be kinda hard for you to do so.
Doesn’t mean we make a litmus test to figure out everyone’s intentions down to the letter.
Limit immigration in ways that make sense.

Another question

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 12:15 PM

What? What kind of rant is this?
The people who support this are all over the ‘demographic’ board.
Are you suggesting race has something to do with this?
And no-it isn’t just the ‘commies’ who are pushing this.
A lot of ignorant, well meaning people are pushing this, too.

Badger40 on November 30, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I said given the choice of the two

otherwise we would be one smooth surfaced nation
Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 11:02 AM

1st- I would rather die myself than advocate murdering a bunch of people, even if they are crazy muslims. As long as they stay over there, I see no reason to ‘eliminate’ them.
Now obviously we should not allow them to immigrate here.

And what are you talking about a ‘smooth surfaced nation’?

Badger40 on November 30, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Another question
Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 12:15 PM
What? What kind of rant is this?
The people who support this are all over the ‘demographic’ board.
Are you suggesting race has something to do with this?
And no-it isn’t just the ‘commies’ who are pushing this.
A lot of ignorant, well meaning people are pushing this, too.

Listen, you can call it a rant but the fact is white Christians generally vote to the right

just as blacks generally vote to the left

if it weren’t for this voting base we would be suffering the next level of economic plunder

you can blow your top but it’s the fact

a lot of the reason that they vote that way is because they know full well that it is a policy that is designed to undermine them, the major earner at this moment in the USofA

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 2:46 PM

And the last barrier to tyranny

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 2:48 PM

And what are you talking about a ‘smooth surfaced nation’?
Badger40 on November 30, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I mean they would nuke us flat post haste

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 2:53 PM

And the last barrier to tyranny

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 2:48 PM

You’re insane.

My family are first generation immigrants. My father has paid more in taxes and contributed more to the US in his time here than you could hope to in five lifetimes.

AsianGirlInTights on November 30, 2010 at 3:23 PM

You’re insane.
AsianGirlInTights on November 30, 2010 at 3:23 PM

what’s your point?

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 3:48 PM

My point is you’re insane!

My parents are not white or Christian. They’ve contributed a lot to the US. I’d bet way more than you ever have. Your way of thinking is ridiculous beyond belief!

AsianGirlInTights on November 30, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Why did they come here?

Do you favor sharia law?

Do you think whites should be penalized and lose opportunities in their own country?

Do you think that affirmative action and other racial based policies that deny whites opportu ities are fair?

Do you agree that the person with the best scores and abilities should get
first opportunies for jobs and education?

Do you think that people should be able to migrate here and live off social services (the citizens)?

Do uou think that people who migrate here should actively try to push foreign law or systems over our constitution?

You came here late so I need a little bavkround

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Happy feet

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Why did they come here?

Because of a good job offer.

Do you favor sharia law?

Their own country? You mean Europe? No.

Do you agree that the person with the best scores and abilities should get
first opportunies for jobs and education?

Yes, that’s why it would suck to be you.

You came here late so I need a little bavkroun

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Thanks loser.

AsianGirlInTights on November 30, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Their own country? You mean Europe?

Do you agree that the person with the best scores and abilities should get
first opportunies for jobs and education?

Yes. Sucks to be you, huh?

You came here late so I need a little bavkround

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Loser

AsianGirlInTights on November 30, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Miss one llner

hope the apple fell far from the tree and rolled down a hill

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Miss one llner

hope the apple fell far from the tree and rolled down a hill

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 5:07 PM

I guess you make some sense to your insane self

AsianGirlInTights on November 30, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I guess you didn’t have enough nerve to answer a single question but that’s cool

I may not have been eye to eye with badger or current yet we did agree on quite a few things

I’m so glad you were able to get hear and reap the rewards of the pinnacle of freedom and prosper from the greatness and forsight of our forefathers who were…..

The greatest minds and philosophers of all time

i mean that with seriousness since no nation has ever been constructed with the understanding of rights endowed by our creator

I’m glad your parents recognize this and yearned for it

lucky you

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 5:59 PM

I’m glad your parents recognize this and yearned for it

lucky you

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 5:59 PM

If our rights were actually endowed by the Creator, why aren’t they enumerated in the Bible?

AsianGirlInTights on November 30, 2010 at 6:14 PM

The ‘endowed by our Creator’ stuff is a beautiful mythology of course, but the obvious facts of history are the rights of Americans were established by rebellious humans.

AsianGirlInTights on November 30, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Their own country? You mean Europe?

haha

they are getting a good effing though, soon to happen here

I will apologize since my critique of you not answering was misaplied

your post did not show until a moment ago

Do you agree that the person with the best scores and abilities should get
first opportunies for jobs and education?
Yes. Sucks to be you, huh?

I’ll give you ammo, I didn’t go to college and have a GED

but I know how to read and make my position based on what I see free of brain washing educators

I am a builder and don’t have to worry about racial quotas but have witnessed their deliterious effect on people and society

it may bother you but you agree with much of what I have said

I don’t expect you to agree with my directed intolerance towards the intolerant but heh

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 6:27 PM

I will apologize since my critique of you not answering was misaplied

your post did not show until a moment ago

It didn’t appear right away, that’s why I re-wrote it shorter.

AsianGirlInTights on November 30, 2010 at 6:35 PM

It was a problem with the site

AsianGirlInTights on November 30, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Our forefathers were humble to a higher wouldn’t you agree despite the parsing

I think that’s what is truly beautiful about it

no monarchs, emperors, Dictators, etc

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Higher power

shees

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 7:02 PM

just as blacks generally vote to the left

you can blow your top but it’s the fact

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Your voting premise has nothing to do with cap & trade.
Cap & trade isn’t necessarily an up & down right or left thing.
I know some ‘right’ people who want it bcs they’ll profit from it.
Listen, I’m not bashing you, really, I’m not trying to.
But based on all the things you said on this thread, I would guess you’re a white supremacist.

I didn’t go to college and have a GED

Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 6:27 PM

That doesn’t matter.
My husband doesn’t consider himself computer smart nor academic. He’s a cowboy/rancher.
So that has nothing to do with being ‘smart’.
Your racial positions are what some of us, DarkCurrent & AsianGirl, have a problem with.
I don’t look at the preservation of the human race as the necessary preservation of specific human breeding groups (a race).
I look at the preservation of humans.
Black white yellow red whatever we are all the same species.
Europe being ‘white’ means nothing.
You know the only reason there are ‘white’ people is bcs we evolved to have less melanin in our skin bcs our ancestors were living in latitudes that got less sun (to synthesize Vitamin D).
That is the pretty much the only reason for white skin.
It means absolutely NOTHING when talking about PEOPLE.
This notion of trying to save the Hispanics, or the Blacks, or the Asians or the Christian Whites (guess non-Christian white don’t matter?) is a ridiculous notion.
A million years from now, if there are still humans inhabiting the planet, there will probably be different ‘races’ bcs of the mixing of gene pools.
Look at the genetics of wild horses vs domestic populations across the globe.
It’s like saying we need to save the wild horse when genetically, it means NOTHING.
It’s better to focus on America’s IDEALS & PRINCIPLES.
It does not matter if you are a white Christian or of European descent.
Are we to say the Irish are better than Slavs or Poles or Russians or Scots or Welsh or….
See how dumb this is?

AsianGirlInTights on November 30, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Well put.
Many of our founders were religious men.
But they also read up on secular works, too.
They did not want the church dictating law for a reason.
God gave us one power: Free Will.
We do the rest.

Badger40 on November 30, 2010 at 7:30 PM

AsianGirlInTights on November 30, 2010 at 6:22 PM
Well put.
Many of our founders were religious men.
But they also read up on secular works, too.
They did not want the church dictating law for a reason.
God gave us one power: Free Will.
We do the rest.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

endowed by their creator

mythology my ass

that is a humble statement accepting a higher power and thus never accepting other men from usurping such

of course this is the declaration of independence which I incorrectly related to the constitution but it was the precursor

Nice try cheapening the most important event regarding the rights of man

yeah they were rebellious but they also stated that they were to be end all be all

in fact they impressed that when if our government went roque it was our duty to remove it and start over

a rancher, excellent

do you own it?

If you do how do you prepare for a 55% death tax?

It is true that the estate tax punishes land holders especially farmers and ranchers where the cash at hand is much less than the value of the land

Sonosam on December 1, 2010 at 12:01 AM

just as blacks generally vote to the left
you can blow your top but it’s the fact
Sonosam on November 30, 2010 at 2:46 PM
Your voting premise has nothing to do with cap & trade.
Cap & trade isn’t necessarily an up & down right or left thing.
I know some ‘right’ people who want it bcs they’ll profit from it.

Boy are you wrong it’s totally a left right thing and some means some

Sonosam on December 1, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I look at the preservation of humans.
Black white yellow red whatever we are all the same species.
Europe being ‘white’ means nothing.
That is the pretty much the only reason for white skin.
It means absolutely NOTHING when talking about PEOPLE.

Hey, I’m just rhetoric but our commies are actively denying more qualified people an education and job opportunities based entirely on race

so what does that make them

or does it not matter?

Sonosam on December 1, 2010 at 12:07 AM

White supremacist ha!

Think about this

I would counter and say that the government thinks and acts like whites are of a higher calibre

after all they feel that we don’t need an education as much as other races

they feel that we don’t need jobs as much as other races so much so they actively ignore better qualified whites for not only citizen minorities but illegal aliens and refugees

in many cases they use tax dollars to pay for these things when the majority of the tax dollars are paid by whites

don’t freak, it’s simply because we are the current majority

this doesn’t even touch the surface of all the grants thatcare awarded to nonwhites

my argument is that we aren’t superior and have every damn right to expect a fair shake

we have every right to go to college if we qualify and not lose a seat to a lesser student applicant

the same holds true for career opportunities

so, who really is the practicing racist?

Sonosam on December 1, 2010 at 12:53 AM

mythology my ass

Sonosam on December 1, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Declaring it wasn’t enough. They still had to fight for it, didn’t they?

Our freedom comes from our own hands, not God.

DarkCurrent on December 1, 2010 at 1:42 AM

so what does that make them

or does it not matter?

Sonosam on December 1, 2010 at 12:07 AM

You think you were denied an education because of your race?

Stop whining like a sore loser. Your perfect white Christian land is no more, nor ever was.

Open a book and teach yourself.

DarkCurrent on December 1, 2010 at 1:47 AM

I’m not saying me nor did I ever idiot

i’m talking about policy

obviously you are the racist since you defend the practice

And you miss the point, of course they fought for freedom but they understood the limitations they placed on themselves that they weren’t the final say

you are just being a dick

Sonosam on December 1, 2010 at 2:14 AM

My logic was infallible yet you ignored the main point

you would rather split hairs with me than admit racist policies

Sonosam on December 1, 2010 at 2:17 AM

…idiot

…dick

Sonosam on December 1, 2010 at 2:14 AM

You’re a Christian man I take it.

I expected you to be above that sort of thing.

I’ve tried not to call you anything rude even when you started with that stuff way back. Of course the record shows I did give in to temptation after provocation, and I apologize.

Can we have a civil discussion? As I’ve noted, we do agree on a few things, while we disagree on others. We have some small common ground to start from.

DarkCurrent on December 1, 2010 at 5:57 AM

Agreed

Sonosam on December 1, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Agreed

Sonosam on December 1, 2010 at 8:28 AM

We’re already below the HA horizon.

If you’re on Facebook, please click on my signature.

That will bring you to a Facebook group of HA readers and commenters.

You can find me among the members, my name is Charles Clark. The bald-headed guy who looks like he’s laying an egg.

Send me a friend request and we can continue our discussion off-line if you like.

I’d like to understand your perspective better.

DarkCurrent on December 1, 2010 at 8:48 AM