Annals of the food chain, political version

posted at 11:00 am on November 25, 2010 by Fausta Wertz

A few food-related tasty items on Thanksgiving Day,
Obama thought pardoning a turkey prevented a shellacking. While he claims he doesn’t think about Sarah Palin, whose daughter Bristol took third place in the final, he mentioned Dancing With The Stars,

He discussed the process for selecting the turkeys earning a presidential pardon, which involves contestants “strutting their stuff” before judges as music plays.

“It’s kind of like a turkey version of ‘Dancing With the Stars,’ except the stakes for the contestants was much higher,” said the president.”Only one pair would survive and win the big prize: life.”

Speaking of Palin, she killed a fish before she ate it. Jazz has more on that, so I’ll just say that I prefer my fish dead even if it’s sushi.

Elsewhere, Taranto’s writing about the Donkey Turkeys who believe that the Congressional shellacking was due to your stupidity and to Obama being too far to the right. I beg your pardon?

Back at the White House, Michelle Obama OKs Americans to Eat Pie on Thanksgiving. I’m sure we all were holding out until we got the First Lady’s OK, since we’re not smart enough to decide on our own.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones!

Cross-posted at Fausta’s blog.
Turkey photo via MOTUS

Comments

Annals

I misread that at first.

Shy Guy on November 25, 2010 at 11:04 AM

much appreciated, you heinous witch.

OmahaConservative on November 25, 2010 at 11:04 AM

The link to Michelle saying it’s OK to eat pie isn’t working. For me anyway.

Electrongod on November 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM

The link to Michelle saying it’s OK to eat pie isn’t working.

Electrongod on November 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Stop eating and spit out what’s in your mouth this instant!

Shy Guy on November 25, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Michelle Obama OKs Americans to Eat Pie on Thanksgiving.

Gee that is strange, the only qualifier is thanksgiving pie. Why not give us 1500 pages of the serving size, the type of pie, the time to eat it,the approved ingredients, the place to purchase it, maybe a price guideline? Come on Michelle a blanket approval!

fourdeucer on November 25, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Error 404 – Not Found

OmahaConservative on November 25, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Yeah..But the link in the story where Michelle says Obama needs to finish what he started works just fine. Something about the messaging….just can’t place my finger on it.

Electrongod on November 25, 2010 at 11:12 AM

I wonder who the genius is that keeps telling the Left that calling the citizenry is a winning tactic? I hope they are being paid exorbitant amounts of money to make the irony complete.

Cindy Munford on November 25, 2010 at 11:13 AM

I hear Obama likes his turkey stuffed with pork!
yeah,yeah – cheap joke. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

abobo on November 25, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Why do I get the impression he is trying to draw on the analogy concerning one having a bacon and eggs breakfast?

In that example, the chicken in just INVOLVED, but the pig is totally COMMITTED.

pilamaye on November 25, 2010 at 11:17 AM

I fixed the link.

Ed Morrissey on November 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Error 404 – Not Found

OmahaConservative on November 25, 2010 at 11:08 AM

That you did. Thanks.

Electrongod on November 25, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I fixed the link.

Ed Morrissey on November 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Copy paste problem…uug.

Thanks. Ed

Electrongod on November 25, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Yes, Michelle. I’m so happy my pie is approved. Now would you like the caloric count?

you heinous witch

anXdem on November 25, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Akzed on November 25, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Thanks.

Electrongod on November 25, 2010 at 11:23 AM

“Don’t worry about how much you eat. Just enjoy it,” she said. “This is the time. Have pie.”

“A Barbara Walters Special: A Thanksgiving Visit with President and Mrs. Obama,” is to air Friday at 10 p.m. EST.

Thanks for the warning.

Electrongod on November 25, 2010 at 11:27 AM

The size of her butt suggests she eats lots of pie…

OmahaConservative on November 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM

I had a giant slice of homemade apple pie yesterday, before permission was given. I’m now on the run from a government hit squad. Pray to your god for me.

Bishop on November 25, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Hey, any word if B.O. and Michelle are serving Slurpees today?

pilamaye on November 25, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Show a vegan the movie The Happening by M. Night Shyamalan.

The message is quite clear. “Continue to eat plants and eventually the plants will revolt and kill us all.”

Save Humanity. Eat More Meat!

kurtzz3 on November 25, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Bishop on November 25, 2010 at 11:32 AM

That’s OK. Just sign up for the waiver and be sure to include it on your 1040.

Electrongod on November 25, 2010 at 11:35 AM

A Thanksgiving special after Thanksgiving? On a Friday night? With BaaBaa WaaWaa? Four people are going to see it.

Bishop on November 25, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Gee! Would have to be on the night I am committed to watching Ghost Adventures on the Travel Channel.

Oh well. Like I said. Committments.

pilamaye on November 25, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Wonder why we have never seen “An Ed Schultz/MSNBC Special: A Thanksgiving Visit with President and Mrs. Obama,” so that B.O. and Michelle can see a prime example of the sane, rationally thinking kind of support they have out there, up close and personal?

pilamaye on November 25, 2010 at 11:42 AM

pilamaye on November 25, 2010 at 11:39 AM

And I have to wash my hair/bald spot when it airs…

OmahaConservative on November 25, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Some of the ads on the site are maybe a bit out of date. I have one here telling me to “vote for John Kasich on Tuesday”.

Tzetzes on November 25, 2010 at 11:58 AM

The woman is down right creepy.

I give thanks today for the day she’s no longer the ‘first’ ‘lady’.

Classy ladies are indignant.

Schadenfreude on November 25, 2010 at 12:08 PM

The nation waits to find out if Barbara Walters naively asks:

So, Mr President, do you prefer white meat or dark meat?”

(Michelle’s race-baiting PC head exploding would be worth the watch.)

profitsbeard on November 25, 2010 at 12:12 PM

The nation waits to find out if Barbara Walters naively asks:

“So, Mr President, do you prefer white meat or dark meat?”

profitsbeard on November 25, 2010 at 12:12 PM

He seems to be a half-and-half kind of guy.

James on November 25, 2010 at 2:02 PM