Ratings for Palin’s show down 40% since debut

posted at 5:20 pm on November 23, 2010 by Allahpundit

Mediaite, angling for maximum drama!, calls it a “collapse.” I’m surprised, not that there was a drop-off from the smash debut — curiosity-seekers were to be expected for episode one — but that the audience didn’t settle at a higher number for Sunday’s show. Surely there are more than three million devoted Sarahcuda supporters out there eager for a weekly fix. What on earth were they watching instead?

Ah, right: Sunday Night Football and the AMAs. Even cultural icons must know their place.

Sarah Palin’s Alaska fell 40% on Sunday night to 3 million viewers.

Not many were in the key adult demo either. Only 885,000 viewers were ages 18-49, dropping 44% from last week.

In fact, the median age of the show is 57 — that’s 15 years older than TLC’s average.

Her son will appear on the next episode, so maybe that’ll bring the curiosity-seekers back. Failing that, there’s a new “scandal” to quicken the pulse of embittered lefties: Some animal rights group is angry about a scene from Sunday’s show in which the Palins ended up clubbing halibut or something on the deck of a ship. Click the image below to watch a clip; it features the most famous Palin in the world, plus Sarah. Exit question one: Could the drop in ratings be due to … overexposure? Between this, DWTS, and promotions for the book tour, there’s a whole lotta Palin going on right now. Exit question two: This story can’t possibly be true, can it? Because if it is, they should let Sarah take over DWTS and run it from now on. Even more ingenious than my idea about a Gadsden flag dress.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

alwaysfiredup on November 23, 2010 at 7:26 PM

I’m quite calm..If Palin wants to run she will..I will look at her and everyone else that runs and make my decision..But I agree watch out for those Hannity interviews..:)

Dire Straits on November 23, 2010 at 7:31 PM

maybe….either way I did not like this interview.

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 7:19 PM

It wasn’t my favorite, but my God, she gets asked the question a million times a day, and she is NOT going to announce any time soon. No one is, officially.

Hannity wears out Newt with this too, and he says basically the same stuff, just not in as much detail.

She sounded tired though. Worn out. She looked tired in that interview last night. (of course it was taped) She was having a blast at DWTS though. He whole family was there.

The book tour will energize her. You know every single person there will be begging her to run. That’ll get her jazzed up again.

People get tired, even world leaders. She’s allowed.

I imagine she has all kinds of real concerns. She obviously cares more about fixing the country than holding office. She’ll just have to come to the conclusion that SHE is the only one who can fix the country.

I’m liking she’s actually thinking it over. It’s much better than most who just want to be the Prez and like Obama don’t have the first clue how to turn things around.

Too early too freak out yet. It just is.

gary4205 on November 23, 2010 at 7:31 PM

A serious question: are you a vegetarian?

I know two people who are serious vegetarians due to animal-rights concerns. Both have had to admit that my game was always harvested more humanely and quickly than any typical meat from the market.

Yoop on November 23, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Sort of.
I get sick every time I try to go full vegetarian-we’re talking too sick to get out of bed- so I don’t eat beef, pork, lamb or shellfish…or sharks(They’re my favorite creature) I don’t wear fur and I try not to use things-excepting the meds that I take-that have been tested on animals.
I blame this on my conservative parents-who felt similar to the way I do-especially in regards to hunting and fur.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2010 at 7:32 PM

I hate to disagree..but I think you are way overanalyzing this..Hannity is known for these kind of interviews..IMHO..:)

Dire Straits on November 23, 2010 at 7:19 PM

maybe hope you are right..

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 7:32 PM

3 million viewers on the Sunday before Thanksgiving, while a primo NFL game is on and teen awards shows airing at the same time. Horrible!
She has about 2.2 million viewers than Keith and 2.8 million more than Joyless Behar.

lonestar1 on November 23, 2010 at 7:33 PM

We have large cities like Washington, D.C. that have had coyote and wolf attacks in urban areas because officials have caved to bleeding hearts like you and enacted not only anti-hunting laws, but gun control laws, too.

Jenfidel on November 23, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Give it a rest.
You know d*nm well that I’m conservative and NOT a troll.
So I’m against sport-hunting. I’m not suggest that it should be outlawed-nor did I even imply that in my posts.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2010 at 7:36 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2010 at 7:32 PM

This kind of attitude isn’t “conservative” by any stretch of the imagination.
Until the invention of refrigeration, and the various advances of transportation and commerce, people had to either grow or kill everything they ate.
There were no grocery stores and no Vegan health food shops that sold Tofu (which contains perilous amounts of estrogen, BTW).
Cows, pigs and chickens are not kept for their charming personalities or their good looks.
As for fur, ask the Russians about that one: they know faux fur, made from polyester, doesn’t keep you warm when it’s below zero.

Jenfidel on November 23, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Exit question one: Could the drop in ratings be due to … overexposure?

Could be. A friend of mine was one of the curiosity-seekers but is now convinced that between Bristol Palin’s (sign of the apocalypse) appearance in that dumb dancing show’s finals and this TLC show, the media is forcing Sarah Palin on us in a conspiracy to get her elected president.

No, really, she actually said this. The irony of her concern about barefaced media advocacy being lost on my friend, an Obama voter.

Threshing Flora on November 23, 2010 at 7:37 PM

gary4205 on November 23, 2010 at 7:31 PM

now linked at Drudge:

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 7:38 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2010 at 7:32 PM

I remember you telling me you cheered for the Shark in Jaws..:)..My ex-mother-in-law used to cheer at a rodeo everytime the Cowboy missed the calf in the Roping event!..:)

Dire Straits on November 23, 2010 at 7:38 PM

that is the thing. hannity said nothing. It was all Palin and she asked him not to interrupt her point. I’m sorry guys she totally confused me on this interview and the tome I took form it was one I did not want to have….

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Sometimes we all over analyze the woman. I blame Allah! (hell, why not)

The hot ticket is to sit back, enjoy DWTS tonight, then Thanksgiving. It’ll all work out!

gary4205 on November 23, 2010 at 7:38 PM

You know d*nm well that I’m conservative and NOT a troll.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Sarah Palin has always made it clear that she never hunts for sport–they eat everything they kill.
What part of that don’t you get?
And she’s made that clear about her hunting for the last 2 years.

Jenfidel on November 23, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Halibut moron. Keep up, even a libtard like yourself can do that, right?

gary4205 on November 23, 2010 at 7:21 PM

I don’t know, I think I need you to write one of your trademark 12-paragraph posts to school me. And be sure to tie it all together by including one of your (also trademark) summaries as to why being skilled at halibut fishing PROVES Sarah Palin is a brilliant leader.

Vyce on November 23, 2010 at 7:39 PM

well it’s one time I hope I am wrong. for those that think her supporters never critize Gov Palin listen up. I think she messed up with this interview. It was not the tone her supporters needed to hear at this time. The GOP establishment is on a major attack and her supporters do not need talk of making peace it will demoralize her supporters and cause the establishment to redouble their efforts because they will not take her warning and instead will smell blood. And it could cause a 3rd part split which is what IMO she was warning them about by attacking her base of support in the way they have. It was not well played.

unseen

Unseen, BUDDY, you know I got your back but you are taking this too far. I don’t want to lose you now!! We need you. I heard the interview and I have to say I have a totally different take. You have to remember, that Karl Rove said one thing that is important for whoever is the nominee (and despite what we think of Rove..he knows this stuff) that that person must UNITE the party. At some point she has to begin this process and that was what I thought of first when I heard this. I used to get all tangled up with each of her decisions; the show, the endorsements. But now I trust her judgement. Hell, who the hell am I to second guess her. This interview wasn’t bad at ALL. Now quit it. I want to OPTIMISTIC unseen back.

Dan Pet on November 23, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Vyce

It doesn’t have to prove she is a brilliant leader. What is does is show her character; her ability to connect with people; her willingness to get into something, get her hands dirty and get it done – both literally and figuratively.

Dan Pet on November 23, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Dan Pet on November 23, 2010 at 7:40 PM

I agree, Dan.

As 0bama continues to bomb out and be a bigger and bigger failure, the country looks around for a new savior…the pressure on Sarah, especially after her success in the last election, must be tremendous.
And then the old Bushes come out trash-talking her on Larry King.
Oy veh.
Sarah’s busy with her book tour and she always stays busy with what’s in front of her.
Now is way too early to start her run.
I hope she holds off as long as possible.
We need to focus and keep up the pressure on the new Congress coming in January and the old lame duck Congress still there to quit passing this Socialist sh*t rather than having our attention diverted to thinking about November 2012.

Jenfidel on November 23, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Sometimes we all over analyze the woman. I blame Allah! (hell, why not)

gary4205

Amen to that. You know I think I do more worrying about Palin that she does herself. I know she isn’t sitting around doing alot of second guessing about any particular thing she said. And, if they are going to criticize her anyway…what is the point. SHE MIGHT AS WELL DANCE.

Dan Pet on November 23, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I think she’s going to see who’s out there, so I would expect her to wait until there are at least 3 or 4 out there before she declares. So I can get SPAK from VOD, cool, I don’t have a tv anymore or cable, but my main computer has a 58″ monitor:). Thanks Tessa.

bigmike on November 23, 2010 at 7:45 PM

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 7:16 PM

It more sounds like she honestly reaches out to players in the establishment that she will be a supporting team player to them if they run by true principles. Priority one to stop the Obama regime .

the_nile on November 23, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Vyce on November 23, 2010 at 7:39 PM

ROFLMAO!..You owe me a monitor and a keyboard!..:)

Dire Straits on November 23, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Two things probably affected this:
1. The first show drew a lot of curious people, premieres often do
2. The NFL Sunday Night Football the night of the premiere was a blowout from the word go. Last Sunday night’s was competitive

It will be interesting to see if a larger percentage of people watch on rerun nights and compare the totals for both weeks.

bw222 on November 23, 2010 at 7:50 PM

The most depressing, counterproductive interview Palin has ever given.

Ronald Reagan, bless his heart, didn’t give a rat’s a$$ whether or not he was a distraction to the Establishment GOP. He understood that they were reactionaries and that nothing would change in Establishment Loserland as long as they were in power. So he set out to change the Party by the force of his personality and convictions.

If we end up nominating the Next In Line, the Democratic Party could nominate Himmler and beat us. As it is, they will be stuck with Obama and beat us. Or, better yet, Hillary will smarten up, steal the nomination from Obama, and then really kick our butts.

This was the, literally, worst interview Palin has ever given from the point of view of keeping her supporters lined up behind her. Someone needs to call Rebecca Mansour and tell her how counterproductive this interview was. I just don’t have the heart to do it.

The Establishment GOP is trying to bury Palin. They don’t care if she isn’t trying to be a threat to them!

Jesus. We shouldn’t have to tell Palin this!

Reagan wouldn’t have bothered with this, but of course, his instincts were honed after decades in the field. Palin has his gifts, but not his experience.

The problem is, all the alternatives are guaranteed losers. The Dems could run Josef Mengele and beat these guys.

victor82 on November 23, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Guys I follow every Palinista that matters on twitter. No ONE, I mean NO ONE is freaking out over her Hannity interview.

Christine O’Donnell however is taking Obama to the woodshed big time over North Korea. She sounds pretty spot on. Good thing Delaware elected the Bearded Marxist instead!

Oh, and John McCain is rooting for Bristol tonight. That and the book tour is where everyone’s head is.

gary4205 on November 23, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Dan Pet on November 23, 2010 at 7:40 PM

LOL…thanks for the pep talk. It is nice to see I am about the only one having this reaction to this interview which tells me I am probably overthinking it. I’m just looking at it for the GOp establishment’s POv I guess. they give the lady no respect so they will not heed the warning and thus will do exactly oppositer of what gov Palin was trying to accomplish and tha tis redouble their attacks on her and thereby split the party futher. i give her credit for attempting to dail it back some and be an adult about it but I do not think the establishment respects her enough to listen to the warnign in her words. they will instead just hear the weakness.

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 7:54 PM

That and the book tour is where everyone’s head is.

gary4205 on November 23, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Except yours and we all know where it is.

darwin-t on November 23, 2010 at 7:55 PM

victor82 on November 23, 2010 at 7:50 PM

crap so i’m not the only one to see it. damn damn damn.

I agree 100% with your take.

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Killing. Shouldn’t. Be. Fun.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2010 at 7:25 PM

annoying I have no clue what you are.. so it shouldn’t be taken like a snide remark.. Don’t go there with me.

Also, I don’t KILL for the fun of it. Do you KNOW how much freaking MEAT is up here? How about FISH! OMG I pay the SAME or MORE then people inthe lower 48 do for my fish.

Personally I don’t like killing animals. I put them out of their misery ASAP! My Husband went hunting and shot a deer, which we are processing (ever processed your own meat?) and he killed a bear. He told me he felt horrible about killing the bear. Why? Would we have ate the meat.. yes, if there was any meat to salvage. But it was a orphaned older cub, mama was either dead or abandoned the cub AND the cub was starving. It isn’t fun to kill a baby, but the cub wouldn’t have made it thorugh the winter as it had no fat.

Don’t assume all hunters are mean, evil people. Most of us don’t hunt for just the pure sport of it.

upinak on November 23, 2010 at 7:57 PM

crap so i’m not the only one to see it. damn damn damn.

I agree 100% with your take.

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I have a bad feeling about it as well, and as I said earlier the threats against Bristol’s life may have some influence on her as well.

sharrukin on November 23, 2010 at 7:59 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Everyone knows that you are NO troll!..:)

Dire Straits on November 23, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Dan Pet on November 23, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I think a lot of us are emotionally invested in her. We love her as a person, and the World’s Most Powerful Leader thingie is just a bonus we get with her.

I trust in what ever she does. I’ve never been disappointed yet. I used to worry. No longer.

gary4205 on November 23, 2010 at 8:00 PM

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 7:54 PM

To me it sounds like Sarah set up a trap. The ones that start talking about her be obstacle just to see her leave, then she knows who her enemies are.

djohn669 on November 23, 2010 at 8:00 PM

She’s overexposed and exhausted. Bristol really wasn’t expected to make it to the finals. And SPAK shouldn’t have coincided with the book tour like this, which in retrospect was a mistake even though cross-promotion works for other celebs. It seems the entire professional right is rising up against her even attempting a run for the presidency on the grounds that she could win. It has to hurt.

alwaysfiredup on November 23, 2010 at 8:01 PM

sharrukin on November 23, 2010 at 7:59 PM

well here is an opposite take on it from a commentor at C4p:

John.Frank
A couple of thoughts:

- In making her decision, she is taking into account all of the pros and cons. She has again reiterated that she is not seeking the nomination for its own sake. Should she decide to run, she will do so “reluctantly” and after all due deliberation. At the same time, Governor Palin does not want her deliberations about whether she runs or not to distract people from the cause, both immediate which is to stop the “progressive agenda” and long term, which is to defeat Obama and the “progressive” agenda, through the election of common sense constitutional conservates who will allow the Republican Party to keep control of the House, win control of the Senate and elect a common sense constitutional conservative as President.

- She has sent a clear and unmistakable message to the GOP establishment and the conservative literati. You are all acting like children, having foregotten the 11th commandment. Keep it up boys (and girls) and you will find your candidate on the short end of the stick. By that I mean, should she decide not to run, she will not support any potential candidate who has been involved either directly or indirectly in trying to invalidate her message, being the common sense constitutional conservative message, by attacking and denigrating her. That means you Mitt Romney, you Mitch Daniels, you Chris Christie and you Mike Huckabee will not have her support should she decide not to run.

Okay, that is my two cents worth.

My problem is I don’t think the establishment respects her enough to get the warning in the message. After all you don’t take warnigns from people you consider a “joke” an “unserious human being” etc etc….

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Exit question two: This story can’t possibly be true, can it?

The fact Palin is still behind O’Donnell… and wants to put her on TV should disqualify her…

ninjapirate on November 23, 2010 at 8:04 PM

But that’s just why she might sound run down. She’s still going to run and fight the establishment and is trying to get them to see th damage they are doing by fighting the Tea Party and the Palinites right out of the gate.

alwaysfiredup on November 23, 2010 at 8:05 PM

ninjapirate on November 23, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Why? CO’D is made for TV. She should replace Kathleen Parker on CNN. :)

alwaysfiredup on November 23, 2010 at 8:06 PM

ninjapirate on November 23, 2010 at 8:04 PM

The fact that you seem to think anyone who supports “the Palin cult” should be killed kinda disqualifies you.

sharrukin on November 23, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Saw that when I checked out the show. I looked at my husband and said, “Oh, the left is gonna wet themselves over Sarah clubbing fish”…

I love it when I’m right.

englishqueen01 on November 23, 2010 at 8:07 PM

alwaysfiredup on November 23, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I also think it would be good for COD to be on DWTS..then she could pay off all the folks she owes!..:)

Dire Straits on November 23, 2010 at 8:08 PM

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 8:03 PM

They are going to attack her and there isn’t going to be any civility to it, any more than there has been for the last two years.

It will only get worse and the leftists will be joined by the so-called moderates of the GOP in that attack.

I certainly hope it is what you suggest because the alternatives are very weak tea.

sharrukin on November 23, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Cod doing shows, can’t run for anything can she :) /sarc

djohn669 on November 23, 2010 at 8:10 PM

annoyinglittletwerp,

I know you’re a Conservative by the posts you’ve made before. But I don’t think you could be more wrong about hunting. People eat meat. Until PETA has the practice outlawed, it’s legal to eat it and people do. I eat meat. I hunt meat. I reload my own 30.06 and 30.30 for deer hunting that provides me the maximum accuracy. I practice with the rounds I load before I hunt and I never take a shot I don’t expect will hit in the boiler or head. I eat the game I take.

Additionally, if in my home state of PA, the deer herds are not cultivated, they will suffer overpopulation, disease and hunger. Short of saying the old Native American prayer of thanking our little brother the deer, I couldn’t think of a more honorable way to provide meat to eat.

Having said that, I will not eat veal for the way it’s raised and will not eat any juvenile animal to include lamb or baby-back ribs.

So, which is the worse process.

hawkdriver on November 23, 2010 at 8:11 PM

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Who cares. The BASE of the party takes her very serious. If she takes her toys ago goes home, you can bet the base isn’t about to get behind one of the RINO losers. These guys are all crappier than McCain.

The GOP will die on the vine.

Again, this is being WAY over thought! WAY over analyzed.

The only thing I got from the part I’ve listened to is she was a bit tired sounding. I can relate!

Everyone needs a break!!!!!

Man I took a break from blogging and have ended up hanging around here and being totally unproductive!

Anyhow, I feel ya, but I think that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar!

gary4205 on November 23, 2010 at 8:11 PM

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 8:03 PM

The only real message the GOP Establishment Elite need to get is the one they got on November 2 (which Sarah also helped send).
Bush 41 didn’t get re-elected and neither did a whole bunch of RINOs this NOvember and the GOP is on double secret probation with the conservative base.
The fact that George H.W. and Bar Bush are telling Larry King they won’t support her for President in 2012 is OUTRAGEOUS.

Jenfidel on November 23, 2010 at 8:11 PM

djohn669

Interesting take. Not sure if I agree..but I will admit..she is up to something. This isn’t what UNSEEN and others are thinking. Hey, as I write this I realize…she might want to say, I am not worrying about that nonsense, we need to ALL be focused on our primary goal. And then djohn669, she knows who her enemies are.

Dan Pet on November 23, 2010 at 8:12 PM

hawkdriver on November 23, 2010 at 8:11 PM

reloading is a stressless activity I enjoy.

upinak on November 23, 2010 at 8:13 PM

sharrukin on November 23, 2010 at 8:09 PM

yeap. weak tea indeed.

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Shows pretty much always lose viewership as time goes on. Nothing new here. As far as I know, this isn’t a full season, so they knew ahead of time this would happen with a show like this.

MrX on November 23, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Yeah, look, it could be true that Palin could be tempting the Establishment to keep up the attacks, but all this kind of caving-in will do is….well….tempt the Establishment to keep up the attacks.

This isn’t rocket science.

Palin is extraordinarily competitive, but you don’t make ANY concessions to an Establishment that is trying to destroy you.

EVER. It’s a sign of weakness.

victor82 on November 23, 2010 at 8:18 PM

upinak on November 23, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Yep. I do a ton of Lee 4 stage turret loading of .223 and 9mm. The big rounds I do on a single stage RCBS Rock Chucker.

Spitzer ballistic tips for everying except 30.30 and 9mm.

hawkdriver on November 23, 2010 at 8:19 PM

WOW, a drop to 3 Million viewers. Isn’t that as many as MSNBC gets in a week?

Gohawgs on November 23, 2010 at 8:20 PM

When I was young and learning to hunt, my father said it best. “If you don’t plan to eat it, don’t shoot it.”

NoNails on November 23, 2010 at 7:16 PM
We are “happy,pleased,with a successful smile”, not for the love of killing but for the grace of God that we are skilled enough to bring home game to provide for our family and neighbors. Should we have supply disruption we will provide for our community via our skills as hunters,fishermen, farmers. Pride in one’s skill is often misunderstood by city folk. We are pleased we have done our job,nothing more.

Col.John Wm. Reed on November 23, 2010 at 8:20 PM

yeap. weak tea indeed.

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Not really.
Sarah’s trying to get everyone to focus on what’s going on in Washington right now (DREAM Act, repealing ObamaCare, prenventing 0bama tax hikes, TSA debacle, NorK attack, etc.) and not 2 years down the road (Remember the whole mess over the Nancy Reagan GOP candidate debate?).
We have a lame duck Congress to cut out off at the pass and a new Congress coming in January that we want to be focused, tanned, energized and ready to take a scalpel to all that pork and those earmarks and federal boondoggle programs.

George H.W.and Bar Bush are OLD–they don’t have anything better to do than air their sour grapes to Larry King Alive (?).

Jenfidel on November 23, 2010 at 8:23 PM

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 8:03 PM

I think “John.Frank” nailed it.

the_nile on November 23, 2010 at 8:24 PM

EVER. It’s a sign of weakness.

victor82 on November 23, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I disagree.
I’m sick to death of Mitt, Huck and Newt smirking, smiling and acting all coy when they’re asked if they’re running.
Please.
That’s the weakness: the MSM, and this includes Hannity,are playing on their egos.
Homey Sarah don’t play that. Good for her!

Jenfidel on November 23, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Don’t “old people” vote, reliably and in droves? I haven’t read the thread but, this is a point that should be considered by all…

Gohawgs on November 23, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I think “John.Frank” nailed it.

the_nile on November 23, 2010 at 8:24 PM

yeah i agree to some extent do you think the establishment will understand it or heed it?

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 8:28 PM

ok guys thanks for the pep talks feel a little bit better about this. goign to take some time off and catch DWTS. have fun

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 8:30 PM

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 8:28 PM

The establishment isn’t homogen , she could pull some support to her side.

the_nile on November 23, 2010 at 8:35 PM

That’s pretty much what I expected, actually.

Bob's Kid on November 23, 2010 at 8:36 PM

The most depressing, counterproductive interview Palin has ever given.

victor82 on November 23, 2010 at 7:50 PM

I don’t know. I think it had a purpose. I think she felt it was necessary to provide a sober overview of the challenges, and to signal that a decision to run is serious, has a more complex and altruistic basis than simply doing what everyone thinks she will do because she wants to. I appreciated the interview. It was a dose of “gravitas”, which she may have felt was giving Caeser his due.

rrpjr on November 23, 2010 at 8:37 PM

unseen on November 23, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Probably not, but then look where they are.

The Bushes, Rove, Cornyn, etc. are still trying to figure out what happened on November 2 while the Tea Party stays busy fighting the 0bama/Washington Beltway agenda.

Jenfidel on November 23, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I think JENFIDEL is right, the next 5 months are going to see some large changes, new RNC chair, new REPUBLICAN legislation introduced, possible new Major stock market dive, meanwhile BIG SIS is ACTUALLY FREAKING TALKING ABOUT possible TSA security on subways,trains, and boats! Let Mitt, Huck, Newt, and a few others declare and start PONTIFICATING. The perfect time for Palin to announce is AFTER the circular firing squad has let of some decent salvos at EACH OTHER!

bigmike on November 23, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Gohawgs on November 23, 2010 at 8:27 PM

You are correct about that 57 and older are more reliable voters..But the Ad Buyers are looking for the 19-47 age demo for their target customers..:)

Dire Straits on November 23, 2010 at 9:00 PM

I didn’t hear Hannity today, but she said last night that Todd was on board, and her kids, especially Britol have all but begged her to. Track might be the only one to say no.

Her interview on Hannity last night was GREAT. I was inspired. She was forthright, not afraid to take on a “Guerilla” attack on the GOP machine/establishment. And she mentioned that Todd was supportive of a run.

and then TODAY on Hannity’s radio show she virtually cowed before the GOP “machine”. Hannity even told her that he was more confused after the 30 minutes than he was before.

I’ve watched the clip where she talked to Barbara Walters and said “I believe so” and I’ve seen her in interviews and heard her repeatedly in radio and TV gabfests and I don’t think she wants to do it (or she’s the worlds greatest Actress).

When Wolf Blitzer interviewed her about the David Letterman flap last year she told him during the interview that “I don’t need a title”, etc. Guys she keeps repeating that OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. She’ telegraphing to her supporters if they will just listen.

I had such great hopes that we had finally found an effective communicator, someone unafraid, someone that actually BELIEVED Conservative values. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe she will run. I hope I am wrong. But Sarah Palin last night was completely different than Sarah Palin today on Hannity’s radio show.

I’ve been watching Politics for about 40 years and other than Reagan she’s the first person that could actually CHANGE for the CONSERVATIVE Better this nation.

If she doesn’t run, what will America even be like by November 2012?

PappyD61 on November 23, 2010 at 9:00 PM

I think the key to understanding where Palin is coming from is two-fold:

1. She believes and lives by Reagan’s 11th Commandment.

2. Her favorite founding father is George Washington. Her stated reason is because he was reluctant to serve. He did not seek the office, but he accepted it. He was willing to sacrifice for his country.

I believe that if she sees a candidate that is her George Washington or her Ronald Reagan, she will step aside and work to get him elected. If she does not find him, she will run.

NoNails on November 23, 2010 at 9:08 PM

PappyD61 on November 23, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Sarah hasn’t decided, but she doesn’t want to be put in a box by the MSM as a “candidate” and that includes Hannity.

Jenfidel on November 23, 2010 at 9:09 PM

I am quite sure the one time AMA awards is responsible for a good portion of that loss. Regardless of what the “anti-Palin” group thinks – the net, net viewership at 3M – along with a higher age demo – is great news for TLC and advertising offers.

Just another example of that so-called “dummy” making a proft, while helping the entity she works for make a proft – yet is seen as a “failure”

Clearly the correct formula for success and adolation is to have a fixed contract – at an insanely high level – while watching viewers and ad rates bleed.

See Olby, Couric, Shultz, etc, etc.

Odie1941 on November 23, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Doesn’t matter about the ratings drop. Not like the show will be cancelled. You guys enjoy DWTS tonight. I’ll enjoy SPA on Sunday. Next week, I’ll read the new book. If Bristol wins, great(liberal heads asploding). If not, she’ll be fine. If Sarah runs in ’12, great. If not, she’ll still be a force to reckon with.

Relax.

Dave in San Diego on November 23, 2010 at 9:21 PM

So…there was better stuff on TV to watch at the time. Than Palin. Says it all. Sorry, boys and girls, she ain’t what you think she is. I truly wish she was, but nah.

JetBoy on November 23, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Which are you more likely to watch live, Palin’s show or a live football game? This is an easy question, so don’t strain your brain too much.

And what’s up with Allah double dipping on every Palin topic? Why not repeat it in the Green Room as well?

Dongemaharu on November 23, 2010 at 9:24 PM

In the end, it is just a reality show. I like Sarah, but couldn’t bring myself to watch the show.

jeffn21 on November 23, 2010 at 9:43 PM

So, in what world is 3,000,000 viewers bad?

bluemarlin on November 23, 2010 at 9:44 PM

I do not believe this.

lexa on November 23, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Everyone knows that you are NO troll!..:)

Dire Straits on November 23, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Thanks.
I also got jumped on in the Megan Kelly thread because I actually had the nerve to believe that she shouldn’t have done the GQ shoot.
Some of the BS that’s taking place in these threads is starting to get really old.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2010 at 10:37 PM

with soros’ new world order in the balance, and Sarah Palin the only one with what it takes to foil him, my biggest worry and concern is for her and her family’s safety. The fact that Bristol has received death threats is an indicator of just how sick we are.

What level of diabolical rage will be reached by the Left if Gov. Palin runs? Have we reached a point where the Left just will not allow America to function anymore? Didn’t we reach it when obama openly and brazenly violated contract law and stole billions from the GM/Chrysler secured creditors, or when he shook down BP to the tune of getting himself a private 20 BILLION dollar slush fund? Or scores of other unconstitutional, unethical and illegal acts that obama has perpetrated in the last 23 months?

Where is the bottom? Is there one?

tigerlily on November 23, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Jenfidel on November 23, 2010 at 7:29 PM

This was an issue when I lived in Los Angeles, too, and continues to be. To be fair, though, much of the problem is due to the fact that coyotes are having their habitats and food supplies taken over by development. This is why people’s chihuahuas end up getting snatched up for dinner. Where the liberals are a problem is that they are so adamantly opposed to humane population control. Hunting in the city limits wouldn’t be allowed, but I don’t know why some animals can’t be trapped and relocated a hundred miles or so north of the city, and why birth control measures can’t be used to control the ones who are left.

NoLeftTurn on November 23, 2010 at 10:41 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Hang tough like you always have done or it will get worse..A lot of folks are starting to push back against some of the BS..Enjoy posting with you anytime!..:)

Dire Straits on November 24, 2010 at 12:21 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I agree with you on animals and Megyn Kelly!

Gob on November 24, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Jenfidel on November 23, 2010 at 9:09 PM

It’s downright creepy how you have appointed yourself her all knowing spokeswoman and oracle of everything palin.

Boxy_Brown on November 24, 2010 at 1:55 AM

First of all, annoyinglittletwerp is NOT a troll! She is a dear friend with a pure heart.

Second, I am as Conservative as Conservative gets and I am a vegetarian who does not EVAH try to push my vegetarianism on anyone. My choice. I love animals too much to eat them, that simple, but I don’t question others in that regard.

Third, as for Conservatism and animals, Matthew Scully, Conservative speechwriter, wrote speeches for W & Sarah Palin, is considered the father of the Conservative Animal Rights Movement with his book Dominion. Most of my fellow animal-activist (not eco-terrorist or PETA), just people who go over to the local shelters and help out where we are needed, cleaning cages, grooming, bathing, feeding, playing, walking, washing windows, writing the newsletters, fundraising, event-planning, etc., are mostly all Conservatives. You don’t need to be a liberal to love animals and work with organizations to make the world a less cruel place for animals.

margategop517 on November 24, 2010 at 2:00 AM

A football game or a political infomercial, let’s see . . .

“Overexposed”? The only one who is more exposed than Palin is Barack Obama himself.

Not good for people to get sick of seeing you, even prior to the campaign. Not to mention, when you seem to have a lot of the same qualities (ideology aside) of our current celebrity president.

I hope she realizes this and decides against running for president. She’ll make a fine RNC Chairman, let’s keep it at that.

NoDonkey on November 24, 2010 at 2:09 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Looks like you have a lot of cyber friends!..Keep posting!..:)

PS..Go to the QOTD and watch Karma take effect over the cult!..:)

Dire Straits on November 24, 2010 at 3:10 AM

If she doesn’t run, what will America even be like by November 2012?

PappyD61

It will be like what it will be like whether she runs or not. I know what it will be like if she gets the nomination….it will be like 4 more years of Obama after he defeats her in the election.

Wake up, Palin-bots. You’re as bad as Paul-Tards. She cannot win in the general election.

xblade on November 24, 2010 at 4:10 AM

Gohawgs on November 23, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Dire Straits on November 23, 2010 at 9:00 PM

I’m not interested in their ad buys, I’m interested in November 2012…

Gohawgs on November 24, 2010 at 5:20 AM

PS..Go to the QOTD and watch Karma take effect over the cult!..:)

Dire Straits on November 24, 2010 at 3:10 AM

No more AL/AU jokes for you!!!!

Gohawgs on November 24, 2010 at 5:21 AM

I forgot to catch the second show. But they’ll rerun it. 40% of 5 million is still a boatload of people.

AnninCA on November 24, 2010 at 8:03 AM

That’s right. She’s just an annoying little twerp. :-)

…… and I’m a crotchety old fart.

Rod on November 24, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Who wants to watch someone having fun, anyway?

I’d much rather watch some poor wretch being mistreated by the system.

/sarc

franksalterego on November 24, 2010 at 9:08 AM

EVER. It’s a sign of weakness.

victor82 on November 23, 2010 at 8:18 PM

As Palin has said already “If the MEN of the GOP are afraid of “little ol’ Sarah Palin” how are they possibly going to stand up to Iran and North Korea. She is baiting them.

Dan Pet on November 24, 2010 at 9:28 AM

margategop517 on November 24, 2010 at 2:00 AM

For some reason I want to go over to your FB page and hug you…sort of.LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on November 24, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I’d say “mama bear with cubs” was bound to outdraw “clubbing a halibut to death.”

Tres Angelas on November 24, 2010 at 9:37 AM

No more AL/AU jokes for you!!!!

Gohawgs on November 24, 2010 at 5:21 AM

I was not referring to you!..Read this thread and you will know who I am talking about..:)

PS..Enjoy posting with you!..:)

Dire Straits on November 24, 2010 at 10:16 AM

You can’t know what she’d be like as prez, though. The logic isn’t sound. She could be more effective at rousing people from their sleep to focus on their government and be more civically aware as prez than as gadfly. I don’t know. I didn’t think she’d draw this much attention, either.

alwaysfiredup on November 23, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Yeah, but I’m not talking about her as president but as a politician and a candidate. Saying she doesn’t need a title, that’s where she’s most effective, actually doing the work, with or without the recognition.

Esthier on November 24, 2010 at 11:05 AM

You know d*nm well that I’m conservative and NOT a troll.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 23, 2010 at 7:36 PM

She doesn’t actually, so long as you’re disagreeing with her. Don’t take it personally. Most people here know the obvious.

I disagree with you on hunting and Kelly, but so what. Unless you’re arguing that neither should have been allowed, there’s nothing unconservatives about your positions.

Esthier on November 24, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Esthier on November 24, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Thank you kind lady.
I try to argue respectfully- I never refer to Gov Palin as ‘Sarah’ but jenfidel pushed me too far.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 24, 2010 at 3:27 PM