Allred: Hey, I actually enjoyed my TSA patdown

posted at 4:00 pm on November 20, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Who knew Gloria Allred has a sense of humor?  Allred debated Sean Hannity about TSA’s new, more aggressive patdowns, and says that she just went through one herself and didn’t mind it at all. At that point, Allred offered a humorous, self-deprecating explanation for why it was such a special experience for her, which probably won’t shock anyone:

Oh, the things we learn from television. But Allred does have a point about taking the temperature of the American public. What do the polls say about junk-touching by TSA? Rasmussen hasn’t polled on the exact question, but two weeks ago, their survey showed that Americans preferred the new scanners to patdowns by a 3-1 margin (69/22).  In March, Rasmussen found a third of Americans who thought that more needed to be done to secure air travel.   That would indicate that Americans are looking for more innovation in airport security, although perhaps not an opportunity for some nostalgic experience from social lives long past.

Comments

Allred: Hey, I actually enjoyed my TSA patdown

Cause it’s the last time a man has touched you in the last 20 years

NoFanofLibs on November 20, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I don’t think her statement was intended as humor.

She likely is telling the truth from her Bag Lady point of view.

Lourdes on November 20, 2010 at 4:02 PM

So did the bats in her, er, belfry.

SouthernGent on November 20, 2010 at 4:02 PM

All of this makes me love my car.

Perhaps a new Obama slogan might be: “No Hope without Grope.”

beatcanvas on November 20, 2010 at 4:04 PM

All sex is rape, but a good genital patdown is just awesome.

lorien1973 on November 20, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Yea, it’s all she gets!

CH on November 20, 2010 at 4:04 PM

The polls cited by the TSA and others include the non-frequent-fliers, easily 80% of the population. Those who travel regularly are mounting much of the opposition. See websites such as FlyerTalk (Travel Safety/Security forum) for confirmation of that.

Drained Brain on November 20, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Gloria says she liked it. How sad is this wretch.

anXdem on November 20, 2010 at 4:08 PM

For someone that says they champion individual rights and freedoms, her arguments for government intrusion for public safety is about as sane as defending a cannibal gnawing at her ankle. She knows she lost the argument.

Kini on November 20, 2010 at 4:09 PM

As much as this crazy woman champions so many losers and “victims”, I am seriously surprised she is favoring this invasive instrusion onto our privacy.

karenhasfreedom on November 20, 2010 at 4:09 PM

So no one’s touched there in awhile? Wonder why that is?

JellyToast on November 20, 2010 at 4:10 PM

For Glo and Claire McCasskill molestive gropes are the closest thing to physical affection they ever get.

anXdem on November 20, 2010 at 4:13 PM

This is really more than I needed to know. That she will spare us from any further such disclosures is a matter of infinite hope!

sharrukin on November 20, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Yeah, but what about that poor TSA agent?

toongoon on November 20, 2010 at 4:15 PM

So frequent flying is her only source of action.

No wonder she’s defending and promoting it, that’s her specialty and now her passion.

They could probably sell flights to nowhere for her like.

ontherocks on November 20, 2010 at 4:17 PM

The problem is that the new machines are not in every airport. If you set off the alarms in the “regular” line your only option is to get the enhanced pat down.

d1carter on November 20, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Ohhh, that poor TSA agent!

tinkerthinker on November 20, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Self-deprecating humor or truth telling-You Decide!

di butler on November 20, 2010 at 4:27 PM

The patdown likely provided Boxer more wasting time to DREAM of illegal aliens. Crime. Oooh.

Lourdes on November 20, 2010 at 4:27 PM

My sympathies to the TSA agent, who likely had to dissolve his hand in boiling acid to get clean.

CantCureStupid on November 20, 2010 at 4:32 PM

A great example of the sick and twisted people who are currently in charge. I want her to be on TV and quoted every day from now until the 2012 election.

Tommy_G on November 20, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Enjoyed? Well I’m happy for you both.

LLAP

dts-01 on November 20, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Video or it didn’t happen.

/morbidly curious

Ugly on November 20, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Instead of pat-downs we should use sniffer dogs. Those who react negatively to being sniffed by a dog should be cavity searched.

Basilsbest on November 20, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I guess if groping is inevitable, one should just sit back and enjoy it, right, Ms.Allred? Is the feminist cry now “keep your laws off of our bodies (unless you’re going to cup my breasts).”

This from the woman who called a woman who has sex on camera for money a victim because a married pro athlete allegedly told her he “would love her 4-ever” in order to get a little action.

What a hack…

AScott on November 20, 2010 at 4:38 PM

If Bush was President and these government enforced C&B (Crotch and Boob)checks were going on, she would be screaming to the high hills about Big Brother government and Bush is trying to become dictator.

But, as usual, it is cover for Obama and the Democrats.

albill on November 20, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Israel doesn’t do this garbage and they are just a big a target for the Islamic Terrorists as we are. What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports is a’goin’ on here? Gloria has all the gravitas of Garafalo.

kingsjester on November 20, 2010 at 4:45 PM

TMI.

Rebar on November 20, 2010 at 4:49 PM

So if Gloria Allred were to make enjoyable sounds & such to the TSA agent probing the yards of cloth enclosing her body, would that be an arrestable offense?

disa on November 20, 2010 at 4:56 PM

It adds a whole new meaning to “couldn’t get laid in a ho house with a fist full of fifties”.

katy the mean old lady on November 20, 2010 at 4:56 PM

The left always manages to betray its pathetic ideological hypocrisy, and Allred is one of its most useful idiots. The right and the left would have been hollering about this violation of the Fourth Amendment even if Bush were President, but the left just shills for Obama and the progressives. Fine for thee, but not for me. Maybe now that Nancy doesn’t have her military transport, she will be happy to fly commercial and submit to the sexual molestation that the ordinary rest of us have to abide. Yeah, but I have yet to see pigs flying past my windows.

College Prof on November 20, 2010 at 4:58 PM

If Obama defecated on her dinner table she’d praise him for his spontaneity. The left is terminally twisted.

rplat on November 20, 2010 at 5:09 PM

ED, you seem easily coaxed into given up your freedom. It’s a shame. Again I ask, please show me all of the bombs, guns and bazooka’s that have been kept off of plans due to these new measures. I’ll wait here patiently

wiseprince on November 20, 2010 at 5:10 PM

What people like her and the rest of the dems don’t realize is that because they are taking my freedoms away doesn’t mean that theirs aren’t being taken.

Mirimichi on November 20, 2010 at 5:21 PM

I suspect that if Bush were president, she’d be up in arms about the trauma being inflicted on rape victims due to this policy.

Cara C on November 20, 2010 at 5:23 PM

According to the New York Times, the TSA is using “Profiling” in a proper way.

It REALLY is!

On the other hand, they could be saying that Boehner is getting “special treatment”.. I wonder which side of the story they meant to convey? ;-)

Nelsa on November 20, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Instead of pat-downs we should use sniffer dogs. Basilsbest on November 20, 2010 at 4:37 PM

TSA did have a dog sniff Gloria… they had to put it down.

Akzed on November 20, 2010 at 5:35 PM

I saw this last night and by that stupid grin on her face I think she was telling the truth.

Why any legitimate news agency would book this thing as a guest is beyond me. She is an ambulance chasing hack.

She’s as far left as they come to boot. As someone else said, if this was Boooooooooooosh instead of Obama doing this, she would be going nuts. But since it’s Obama there is no problem.

gary4205 on November 20, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Video or it didn’t happen.

/morbidly curious

Ugly on November 20, 2010 at 4:34 PM

I was thinking the same thing.
Maybe it was only a dream.

diogenes on November 20, 2010 at 5:41 PM

So that’s why Allred flies FREQUENTLY.

GarandFan on November 20, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Wow. Just think. There could be a nude pic of her out there too thanks to the scanners and a one-click invert:

UnderstandingisPower on November 20, 2010 at 5:47 PM

They aren’t breasts-breasts.

SurferDoc on November 20, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Someone should stand at the airports and hand out stickers for people to put on their clothes.

Maybe people put the stickers on after the TSA pat down so every one waiting to get on the plane can see them.

Stickers that say something like:
“Obama Orders Strangers to Put their hands on my Private Parts. What’s Next?”
or
“Thank you Obama. I really enjoyed that stranger feeling my crotch.”
or
“Next time you vote, Remember Obama forced You to let a Government worker put to their hands on your boobs and between your legs”.
or
“He takes the money from in my wallet, now he orders strangers to feel my boobs and crotch. What’s next, Obama? “

I’m sure Hot Air readers can think up some better sticker ideas.

albill on November 20, 2010 at 6:00 PM

I’ve been waiting for the “invert/negative” thing to come out.

The fact is that these machines produce a very detailed picture and it’s software that actually distorts the image that gives the view that the TSA shows us as the “actual” image.

They knew that if they showed us the real image that these things take without manipulation, people would FLIP!

They admit the images are manipulated before TSA agents view, but face facts, it’s one mouse click to switch between the full-detail high res image and the low-res (for public consumption) image.

Text copied from TSA website:

Backscatter:

It produces an image that resembles a chalk-etching, and has a privacy filter applied to the entire body.

In other words, the backscatter is black and white, but make no mistake, it’s very high-res.

MM wave:

Millimeter wave technology has a privacy filter that blurs facial features.

Gee. Thanks. Again, one mouseclick away.

The idea that these things don’t save the images is ludicrous. The images are potential evidence.

Jason Coleman on November 20, 2010 at 6:07 PM

TSA did have a dog sniff Gloria… they had to put it down.
Akzed on November 20, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Highlarious.

Basilsbest on November 20, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Gloria Allred has always been one of the unfortunately ample number of celebrity attorneys running around the landscape who just cannot get enough of her overly extended 15 minutes of fame. Frankly, I am hard-pressed to find even one example where she has contributed anything to society at large other than her presence in it alone.

Such is the case here with her attempt at defending the out-of-control goon squad known as the TSA and their equally out-of-control tactics of overly manhandling paying airline customers who have shelled over a lot of money to get where they are trying to get to, and instead have to be groped and probed in the name of “security”.

Of course, should a terrorist actually succeed in overriding the measures being employed by the TSA, resulting in yet another disaster, expect Allred to be first in line to condemn the TSA for their failure and ineptness at “doing their job”.

pilamaye on November 20, 2010 at 6:36 PM

pilamaye on November 20, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Only if that criticism somehow serves the leftist agenda, and delivers more power into their hands.

sharrukin on November 20, 2010 at 6:39 PM

If I’m a guy and I’m going to get groped, is there any reason I can’t specify to TSA that I want the hottest chick to grope me? Why can’t we specify who we want? I mean a male TSA agent can’t grope the women passengers (if the woman objects). So why can’t I specify which agent I want touching my junk?

TruthMatters on November 20, 2010 at 7:30 PM

The disgusting truth of this remark is that it was in response primarily to the long-time flight attendant cancer survivor who had to remove her prosthetic breast. (Which you seemed to have missed and not discussed, Ed.)

Allred is so busy not offending the liberal POV, that she insults the flight attendant by not having even an opinion – avoiding same because she didn’t know the facts of the situation. Maybe she should have got the facts since she was going on Hannity and most likely knew the thread of the discussion ahead of time.

If Bush and a GOP majority were in office, Allred would have been doing the interview with the flight attendant signed, sealed and sitting next to her.

The hypocrisy makes me wanna puke…

Mr_Magoo on November 20, 2010 at 7:31 PM

TruthMatters on November 20, 2010 at 7:30 PM

My ten step plan:

1. Hire male and female erotic dancers.
2. Form two lines.
3. Passengers can choose wich line they want to stand in.
4. Make the pat down a lap dance.
5. They work on tips.
6. Tongue search is extra.
7. Lines will immediately get long so run them through the airport bar.
8. Flight ticket sales will increase.
9. Only Islamic extremists will be left in the “scan lane”!!
10. Hook, line, sinker. Done.

Mr_Magoo on November 20, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Ed, that’s only 33%. We say that the fact that 70% of Americans want Obamacare repealed is an overwhelming majority. The converse is that 30% don’t want it repealed. Using your logic, does that mean we should leave Obamacare in place because “a third of Americans want to let it take effect”?

The converse in that survey is equally valid, nearly 2/3 of Americans don’t think more is needed to secure air travel.

As a person who must travel on business, this directly impacts me and I’m not happy about being groped by some dude that I don’t know if he’s a pervert or anything else. I just know that this is a severe violation of my person.

AZfederalist on November 20, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I think your plan has merit Mr. Magoo…
Why don’t you present it to Barry at the next beer/pat down summit.

TruthMatters on November 20, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Cause it’s the last time a man has touched you in the last 20 years

NoFanofLibs on November 20, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Technically per TSA procedure, it would have been a woman touching Allred in that way—that probably confirms what you suspected of Allred allalong.

novakyu on November 20, 2010 at 9:27 PM

…their survey showed that Americans preferred the new scanners to patdowns by a 3-1 margin (69/22)…

Yes, that’s because the patdowns are designed to be punishment for balking at going through the scanners. Luckily the TSA is as bumbling and incompetent at sexual assault as it is at catching terrorists, or else Americans would prefer the scanners to patdowns by a 30-1 margin.

Fabozz on November 20, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Remember how your grandma used to smell? That’s the best thing about Gloria. Ah, memories.

Mason on November 21, 2010 at 12:12 AM

But does it have to be with rectal thermometers?

malclave on November 21, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Yeah, the TSA lady who did the patdown really didn’t appreciate the constant outbursts of “Ooooh, Mama like!” and that request to pull your hair while she did it, Gloria…

SuperCool on November 21, 2010 at 1:44 AM

So Democrats are lovin’ the feeling when it’s their administration authorizing the ‘security.’ How predictable are these clowns??

leftnomore on November 21, 2010 at 2:50 AM

If I was that TSA agent that had to feel up that broad, I would cite it as a workman’s comp injury and quit. Just wait until it’s some poor TSA’r who gets to copafeel of Rosie O’Donnell.

leftnomore on November 21, 2010 at 2:52 AM

A GROPE OF PEOPLE: TSA inspection.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on November 21, 2010 at 3:42 AM

I haven’t found a date recently either. The thought of going to the airport for no particular reason popped in to my head too :-)

MJBrutus on November 21, 2010 at 7:03 AM

leftnomore on November 21, 2010 at 2:52 AM

If they claimed PTSD not even Gloria could argue against them!

MJBrutus on November 21, 2010 at 7:04 AM

Gloria who?

csdeven on November 21, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Hmmm whatever did happen to the left reciting the old saying about those who are willing to give up freedom for security?

Oh I forgot new president./

CWforFreedom on November 21, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Does this woman have nay idea of the simple fact that most Americans see her as a media whore who will do anything including stain the dress for the Progressive movements quest to destroy individual freedom around the world?

Keemo on November 21, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Who could have imagined that after getting their chosen one in the Oval Office, the radical anti-establishment 60′s generation would turn out to be the REAL SHEEPLE. Too funny!

wtng2fish on November 21, 2010 at 11:29 AM

TSA searches and seizures of personal property are patently ILLEGAL and against the Constitutional prohibition of searches and seizures without probable cause.

We need to have the Supreme Court of the United States rule on this issue. Opt-Out is a government slogan, which leaves you thinking you have a choice — you can submit to a scan search or you can submit to a pat-down personally invasive search; when in fact the TSA is acting as a wholesale violator and criminal enterprise in violation of the law.

The penalty for leaving the search area once you have decided NOT to submit to either search is ALSO in violation of the Constitution as a cruel and unusual punishment; TSA’s vulgar purpose is solely to intimidate and bring to submission the very people and Constitution they are sworn to protect. The TSA is the outlaw and should be arrested, forced to cease and desist, and punished for their violations.

TSA should be immediately and completely abolished. Searches should be done ONLY as needed with PROBABLE CAUSE.

The TSA will NOT stop it’s unlawful searches — will not relent, no more than a crook stops robbing banks, until our Congressmen, the people en masse, or the Supreme Court put a stop to it.

Keep your eye on the ball. The lies by Obama and Obama’s administration are corrupting, illegal and sinful. Obama believes he is above the law; LET’S PROVE OBAMA WRONG!

AdrianS on November 21, 2010 at 4:09 PM

9. Only Islamic extremists will be left in the “scan lane”!!
10. Hook, line, sinker. Done.

Mr_Magoo on November 20, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Genius!

RalphyBoy on November 21, 2010 at 4:33 PM

TSA has introduced a new lane just for lawyers with this sign:

“Prosecutors will be violated!”

They are sharing the same lane with the dyslectics.

Pazman on November 21, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Wouldn’t touch that b*tch with a ten foot pole while wearing a hazmat suit!

Bubba Redneck on November 21, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Americans preferred the new scanners to patdowns by a 3-1 margin

Well they might not feel that way after their children are born with two heads from all the radiation they were exposed to.

LODGE4 on November 22, 2010 at 7:51 AM

Ehh… I’m afraid she wasn’t making a joke.

phelps on November 22, 2010 at 1:43 PM