Ron Paul: We should be able to sue TSA screeners for touching our junk; Update: Palin: It’s time for TSA to start profiling; Update: TSA agents hate new patdown rules?

posted at 8:37 pm on November 19, 2010 by Allahpundit

I’m intrigued, not because I think it’s fair to bankrupt some poor schlub trying to pay his bills by patting down crotches on government orders for 15 bucks an hour but because lifting their immunity might cause a full-scale revolt among personnel, thereby forcing TSA brass to change the policy. Besides, read this horror story at CBS or the surreal encounter Erick Erickson wrote about today at Red State. The system needs a common-sense jolt, and forcing screeners to take think carefully about every patdown would provide one.

It’s a nonstarter politically, though, isn’t it? Mark Krikorian:

Kick the Bureaucrat is a game conservatives love to play, and sometimes it’s justified, but this time it isn’t. The problem is the policy that the White House and its minions have instructed their subordinates in the civil service to carry out. And it’s not just the Obama folks; Bush insisted on this non-profiling approach, and Republicans ran Congress for four years after 9/11 and supinely permitted it.

I just heard Ann Coulter make this very point today, at David Horowitz’s shindig in Palm Beach (hey, a third-stringer like me can’t sneak onto the NR cruise, but this is a pretty good alternative!). Anyway, Ann said that the TSA people are actually big fans of hers, but they’ve been told to follow certain procedures, so what are they supposed to do? (She also suggested that everyone being groped should make “sex noises,” like in the “I’ll have what she’s having” scene in When Harry Met Sally.) Ironically, Ann’s fan base in TSA is likely due to the Democrats’ insistence that the function not be outsourced to private firms; this has meant that the TSA screeners are overwhelmingly Americans, often former military — almost the only Americans working at the big airports I’ve been to.

Float a bill making TSA institutionally liable for “outrageous” searches and you’ll have wide public support. Float a bill making Joe Junktoucher, TSA screener, personally liable and you might actually make the public more complacent about patdowns since most people don’t want to see some middle-class civil servant punished for enforcing bad policy. In that case, if your crank gets yanked, instead of complaining you might wonder how many kids the yanker has and decide not to make a fuss. There’s got to be a better way.

Update: Sympathy for the devil via Ward Sloane:

I love the TSA because I think it has the most impossible mandate of any government agency. It must be right 100 percent of the time. Terrorists only have to be right once…

TSA and its security officers are now maligned as “big brother” gone mad for people’s “junk.” Excuse me, and this is not a scientific poll, but I suspect that if you polled all TSA security officers – that is, the airport screeners making an average of about $32,000 a year, you won’t find a lot of them who want to touch other people’s “junk.” I am fairly certain they’d just as soon let someone through as pat down their “junk.” Think about it.

Update: Palin’s got a slightly different idea from Paul’s. Let the media freakout begin!

TSA: why politically incorrect 2 “profile” anyone re: natl security issues?we profile individuals/suspects in other situations! profile away

Update: The plural of “anecdote” is not “data,” but for what it’s worth, not all junk-touchers are happy about the touching. Note well, Ron Paul:

“It is not comfortable to come to work knowing full well that my hands will be feeling another man’s private parts, their butt, their inner thigh. Even worse is having to try and feel inside the flab rolls of obese passengers and we seem to get a lot of obese passengers!”…

“Molester, pervert, disgusting, an embarrassment, creep. These are all words I have heard today at work describing me, said in my presence as I patted passengers down. These comments are painful and demoralizing, one day is bad enough, but I have to come back tomorrow, the next day and the day after that to keep hearing these comments. If something doesn’t change in the next two weeks I don’t know how much longer I can withstand this taunting. I go home and I cry. I am serving my country, I should not have to go home and cry after a day of honorably serving my country.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

. . .a day of honorably serving my country.

Doing what you’re told isn’t honorably serving your country.

Pablo Snooze on November 20, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Allah, what is your strategy here? Why blog on Paul in a somewhat favorable manner, someone with no clout to get a thing done and more importantly someone you’ve well documented as a certifiable lunatic who has Lied/Spun for Iran against the USA, gone on record in the Michael Moore camp saying Afghanistan war was “mainly about building oil pipelines”, danced very closely and loosely with Truthers and Anti-semites(which go hand in hand with his anti-Israel positions and rhetoric and sometimes out right Lies….of course we could go on and on and on and reference many of your blogs over the years.

Or say when he lost all honor on the house floor and accused Bush of plotting a “Gulf of Tonkin” against innocent, free trade loving Iran for war?

Whats the strategy, real in saner paulnuts this stuff flies over and try to thwart a 2012 division where 5-10% of base get Obama elected thinks in part to the Paulnut?

jp on November 20, 2010 at 11:45 AM

patuclarly when we know this loon thinks we are evil islamaphobes for supporting Profiling….

see his several page, long winded codemnation of Conservatives for being against the GZ Mosque outright calling us all “Islamophobic” among other things, repeating his far left lunacy….which the right blosphere didn’t choose to blog on going into the election…..

He of course does not support profiling, and would want what little security he thinks is needed, the last country he would copy is Israel on this. Given he thinks this entire threat, to extent he acknowledges its existent, is the SOLE FAULT OF THE USA AND ISRAEL and the Muslims are innocent and we are all a bunch of racist/Islamophobes and warmongers!!!!

jp on November 20, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Palin has a talent for finding the curve and jumping ahead.

All police work is built upon narrowing the list of suspects, using the evidence.

If police departments were made to function like the TSA, they would be required to investigate all citizens equally.

Police departments were shut down years ago from requesting the public help them locate a subject of a particular race. They are still allowed to solicit searches by gender, age, handicap. National origin is being pushed into the no-nos

Sexual orientation has not made the no-no list yet, probably because that group does not have penchant for high profile mass murder, or party store robberies

Behind the scenes, police are still allowed to use profiling to narrow suspect lists

The TSA is not so lucky. They work for the WH

To change the equation, force politicians to get the the crotch check when they travel, and a hands in the pants before every speech, to verify they are not weaponized. The President should not be spared. He works for us, and flies our plane

Meanwhile, who said gamma rays are not harmful? Gamma rays are ionizing, they change molecules. They are more penetrating than other radiation, thus useful for scanners, understanding the risk versus benefit ratio (death by the cancer being treated versus new cancer formation 20 years later from radiation exposure)

Gamma rays are used to irradiate food, kill off internal bacteria.

If the fireball doesnt kill you, it is the gamma rays from a nuclear blast which kills your blood cells and leaves you a puking ball of death

Why was photographic film kept out of airport x-rays? Because of what the x-ray does to the film, x-rays being a different wavelength of the same species as gamma radiation

Why is the WH so willing to release jihadic mass murderers yet insistent on altering the cells of every air passenger? On penalty of arrest?

The scanners were introduced to catch the Thanksgiving travel crowd, garner publicity, and create a fear of submission to the hand of government. They may be jerks, but they know how to control by intimidation

entagor on November 20, 2010 at 12:18 PM

It didn’t work at Nuremberg and it won’t work here. In what weird universe is groping people considered honorable? You want to be honored? You might try actually catching a terrorist, not feeling up Granny and three-year-olds. Disgusting is the right term.

College Prof on November 20, 2010 at 12:37 PM

this just proves once again that Ron Paul is a disgrace and dumb as a rock. sue the hourly employee? yeah that is fair. gheesh

georgealbert on November 20, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Coulter said it best, its ‘not profiling, its a suspect description”

that said, its a bit ignorant to suggest grandma and little kids should go through no screening, etc….we know for sure that Terrorist strap bombs to little kids or women, etc and send them into public places and detonate them. We are dealing with absolute depravity of man, evil incarnate….nothing is off limits here.

jp on November 20, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Good (regarding the TSA employee). They should feel horrible about their job. They SHOULD feel that way!

They should be shamed back into acting like real humans and real Americans, and refuse to demean and treat their fellow Americans as if they were inmates in a concentration camp.

Make it hell on these people till either (a) they quit their jobs or (b) the procedure is changed.

Alana on November 20, 2010 at 12:48 PM

We’re just so over TSA. They are inept. They implement these draconian measures after the fact.

It’s actually very simple to understand. We’re sick of inept people.

AnninCA on November 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM

I’ve always thought TSA was the most expensive PR firm ever.

It’s ridiculous. I can’t carry a water bottle onto a plane, that is likely to be held out on the tarmac for hours; BUT, it’s OK to buy THEIR water, like that has been screened.

TSA, which is a Bush deal, may I remind you who want to buck the changes in the GOP, is a disaster.

It is the worst about our system.

AnninCA on November 20, 2010 at 12:53 PM

How is that going to help?

The people making the policy won’t ever feel the heat. They won’t care if people quit, there are millions of unemplyed people out there who would love to get their hands on a federal job.

So do you want a host of new TSA agents who enjoy the patdown process?

reaganaut on November 20, 2010 at 12:54 PM

What upsets me the most? I can’t believe we’ve evolved into a society where shaming people is considered “safe practices.”

Honestly, can you imagine this same standard once Obamacare is implemented?

It’s come down to a real issue about personal privacy and the right to freedom.

I’m so not someone who pays attention to the fringe people, on either side; but this has truly, truly gone over the line.

AnninCA on November 20, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I think the issue is the debate against “profiling,” and attacking everyone.

That’s the real debate going on.

AnninCA on November 20, 2010 at 12:57 PM

So do you want a host of new TSA agents who enjoy the patdown process?

reaganaut on November 20, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I don’t think they enjoy it. I think they will, however, rely upon the powers conferred by TSA to bug the wrong profile…..which is people they don’t like in real life. That’s probably a lot of people who fit the profile of regular Aemricans who are white, with kids, etc.

Let’s face it. There’s a bit of racism involved.

AnninCA on November 20, 2010 at 1:00 PM

TSA, in my opinion, was one of the worst Bush initiatives. I want today’s conservatives to call this agency out for deep, deep cuts in spending.

I want this agency defanged and removed.

AnninCA on November 20, 2010 at 1:01 PM

How is that going to help?

So do you want a host of new TSA agents who enjoy the patdown process?

reaganaut on November 20, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Yes, they will feel the heat.

Besides which, no person should feel good about this job. They should quit, or (more likely and more desirable), start complaining and pushing back at their bosses. Think about it: Most of them didn’t hire on thinking they would be required to feel people’s genitals and breasts.

If my neighbor were doing that to me, as part of his ostensible “job,” I would let him/her know the same thing. I would never say, “Oh, that’s okay, you’re just doing your job and neither of us can ever do anything about it anyway.”

There is no good argument to keep silent about it to them, except your ridiculous argument of, “Then we’d get even worse screeners.”

Make enough of the TSA feel shame about what they are having to do (and that’s not hard; most people would not enjoy having to do this), and that’s another pressure point which will help this crap get stopped.

In fact, it’s really sad to envision a society where everyone feels bad, but we “forgive” them because they are only doing what our overlords have demanded. “Don’t feel bad about doing this to me. I know you’re only following orders.” Are we to that place already?

Tell them! Make them stand up, with us, to this process which demeans all of us!

Alana on November 20, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Let’s face it. There’s a bit of racism involved.

AnninCA on November 20, 2010 at 1:00 PM

So, you have a demographic (that brings down planes), that mostly (not always, but mostly) consists of people of middle-eastern origin, and it is “a bit racist” to notice that?

Well, maybe the people wanting to bring down planes could do us the favor of being a bit more *diverse* and that would save us the racism of having to notice they aren’t.

The kind of profiling people want is not the kind that gives everybody white a pass. If you think that is what it is, you don’t understand profiling.

Alana on November 20, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Make enough of the TSA feel shame about what they are having to do

My point is, that it will backfire if the people who have a problem doing patdowns quit, they just hire a whole batch of new people who have no problem with it.

reaganaut on November 20, 2010 at 1:17 PM

That won’t happen.

But even if it did, it wouldn’t backfire, because then we would just have an even bigger batch of even worse horror stories, which would be even more likely to get this stuff stopped.

Alana on November 20, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Not serving country. Serving up security theater so incompetent spineless politicians can claim that “Look at what we are doing to protect the serfs citizens.”

If they were serving up security, 99% of people could board with sidearms. It was a mistake to create the TSA. It is a mistake that can be rectified.

J in STL on November 20, 2010 at 1:22 PM

I went to the bank yesterday to conduct some business. Under the idiotic TSA policy I should have been suspected as a possible bank robber. After all most bank robberies happen at banks. Under TSA logic the police should stop and inspect/pat down all bank customers.

A couple days ago I visited my uncles farm. He has various fertilizers and tanks of diesel fuel for the tractors. TSA logic would consider me a possible bomber, like Timothy McVeigh.

The question lies with “probable cause” and “unreasonable”. Just because you purchase an airline ticket is not sufficient “probable cause” to subject you to “unreasonable” search and seizure.

We have accepted the metal detectors and xray of baggage as reasonable. The naked body scanners may be acceptable if they can be proven safe and ensure scanned images are anonymous. The enhanced pat downs (sexual assault/groping) are unreasonable. The current TSA policy is a clear violation of our 4th Amendment rights.

Rather than threaten the flying public with $11,000 fines, the TSA should back off, have their AIT scanners tested by independent experts and report the findings to the public. Further they should restate their position on the AIT image retention. If a scan shows no areas of concern then delete the image and move to the next image. If you have an image that shows possible contraband, consider it a “failed” AIT scan, save the scan image, pull the passenger for further questioning and pat downs. A “failed” AIT image might just elevate that passenger to “probable cause” where further questioning and pat downs are reasonable.

JA6601 on November 20, 2010 at 1:36 PM

I don’t care if the TSA people hate the new pat down rules or not. They’re still enforcing them. The same argument is used by any subordinate trying to escape responsibility for a hated action.

If we submit to this, we might as well surrender to any other outrage decreed by the all-knowing government in the name of “the good of the people”.

Bull excrement. This whole thing better blow up on the statists in Washington. If it doesn’t, then as far as I can see, the country is finished.

hachiban on November 20, 2010 at 3:16 PM

TSA “My Ding-a-Ling” Sing-Along

Nearly Nobody on November 20, 2010 at 3:20 PM

This isn’t that complicated. If you’ve recently been to Yemen, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria and a number of other countries then you should be flagged. Everyone should walk through unless they are acting suspiciously.

There problem solved.

Please don’t let the authors of the American Revolution go out with a whimper. Fight back against this buffoonery.

Incidentally, we should all get to see all the guns and bombs that have been caught using these methods. I suspect they have nothing to show for all of this

wiseprince on November 20, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Until you have personally gone through the new pat down procedure, please shut up.

opiemuyo on November 20, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Suing individual TSA screeners is a ridiculous idea. No sane person thinks they’re doing this for kicks. The policy sucks and needs to be changed for their sake as well as ours. Based on the blowback, it will be. Whether we get to profiling, I don’t know, but I don’t see this continuing.

Missy on November 20, 2010 at 4:11 PM

opiemuyo on November 20, 2010 at 4:04 PM

No, you shut up.

I don’t have to personally experience getting hit in the head with a brick to know that it is painful and unhealthy.

I don’t have to personally experience a TSA pat-down (Heaven forbid) to know it is demeaning, invasive, and unconstitutional.

Ace ODale on November 20, 2010 at 5:22 PM

On a more upbeat note, we learn today that TSA indeed does back down when faced with litigation.

Here, to wit:

“The Department of Homeland Security today announced it will no long permit TSA to incorporate within its official seal the motto ‘We’re Wise to the Rise in Your Levis.’ The decision follows last week’s filing of a copyright infringement lawsuit in federal district court by the Honey Bunny Love Ranch, a popular bordello in Searchlight, Nev., which claimed to have been using the motto since at least 1973.”

Not.

FlameWarrior on November 20, 2010 at 5:53 PM

opiemuyo on November 20, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Using your faulty logic since I a have never been raped I cannot express that I believe rape is vile. Oh, I have not been murdered either so I guess I cannot express an opinion about that either.

I have flown in the past month but have been fortunate to get the good old metal detector treatment. I do have a close family member who has been groped four times in the past month of airline travels. He told me it is very uncomfortable and inappropriate.

JA6601 on November 20, 2010 at 6:19 PM

TSA screeners step up, you can fix this better than politicians.

Wade on November 20, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Ron Paul: We should be able to sue TSA screeners for touching our junk;

This guy and the new Kentucky Gov-elect are the classic example of the apple falling very far from the tree!

cableguy615 on November 20, 2010 at 7:24 PM

If I’m a guy and I’m going to get groped, is there any reason I can’t specify to TSA that I want the hottest chick to grope me? Why can’t we specify who we want? I mean a male TSA agent can’t grope the women passengers (if the woman objects). So why can’t I specify which agent I want touching my junk?

TruthMatters on November 20, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned but how are you able sue someone for performing a task that is within the scope of his or her job duties? You would have to sue the employer, no? And in this case, you would be SOL since the government would have immunity.

I don’t fault the TSA workers. I got the pat down last week and I am pretty sure it was as uncomfortable for the woman performing it as it was for me. They should probably get hazard pay for having to do it. Or better yet, we could do like Palin suggests and stop with the security kabuki and start profiling passengers who legitimately raise red flags. Works pretty well for the Israelis.

NoLeftTurn on November 20, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Paul’s proposal removes immunity from suit; in fact, its the whole core of the legislation.

Firefly_76 on November 20, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Firefly_76 on November 20, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Thanks! It would probably help if I read the supporting material before I comment. ;o)

NoLeftTurn on November 20, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Worst TSA story ever:

Professor Blather on November 20, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Update: TSA agents hate new patdown rules?

No doubt this is terrible for them. This is a leadership problem, I feel really bad for the personnel who are just doing their jobs. I’m sure almost every one of them hates going to work even more than before (it’s never been an easy job)

IU_Conservative on November 20, 2010 at 8:28 PM

The elite must create a police state to fulfill their ultimate goals.

They will trick you into accepting it by saying the changes are for your own “security.” Isn’t “security” more important than following the letter of some old Constitutional law?

If we don’t fight back–every time–we ultimately lose all liberty.

shawk on November 20, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Ah, poor Dudes. Feeling up fat people for 32k. But wait! Isn’t it pretty much discretionary who gets molested? Maybe 32k is wat too much to pay someone who likes to touch fat people. Just saying.

therealfranklin on November 20, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Clearly we need the Israeli El Al system instead of waiting for people to be blown out of the sky by Islamist terrorists coming up with what we haven’t prepared for.

This will mean highly trained college graduate interviewers and no affirmative action/disparate impact nonsense, but it would do away with all this invasive nonsense. Obama, if he was half a leader, would have made this happen by now but he’s in over his head. This administration is horribly incompetent.

Chessplayer on November 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM

The USSA will NOT emerge unopposed.

abobo on November 20, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Air travel would not be safe from terrorism until everyone, except Muslims, is cavity searched. You are to get to the airport one day before your flight for your date with the TSA. Lighting up a cigarette after the search is allowed in special designated smoking areas.

bayview on November 20, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Doing what you’re told isn’t honorably serving your country.

Pablo Snooze on November 20, 2010 at 11:34 AM

More specifically, doing something vile, shameful, illegal and unconstitutional just because you were told to do so isn’t honorably serving your country. Rather, it is the exact opposite.

In this situation, Honorably serving your country would be looking your supervisor in the eye and telling him to shove the peepshow machine and the junk grabbing where the sun don’t shine and then walking off the job if necessary.

Trust me, when you tell your next prospective employer why you quit your job, he or she will hire you in an INSTANT.

wearyman on November 20, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Profile.

Muslims complain?

Tell them to root out their problem. We rooted out our fringe, so too they have to root out theirs.

John the Libertarian on November 21, 2010 at 12:41 AM

HERE’S AN IDEA:

Let’s take the TSA COMPLETELY OUT OF AIRPORTS…and post them on our Southern Border instead!!!!

landlines on November 21, 2010 at 1:01 AM

We need an image of Incompetano with her hands defensively raised near her forehead, but not occluding her white hair stripe, captioned Don’t Touch My Skunk!

Bessa Mae Smoocho on November 21, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Well…its truly a chance for the likes of Jim DeMint and Tea Party senators to call for a ban on these pat down procedures.. the TSA will still be doing the X-Ray bag check and we will be required to remove shoes, belts etc… but no more humiliation at the hands of the TSA…

Will the Tea Party senators do this ? let’s see… not holding my breath though…

nagee76 on November 21, 2010 at 7:01 AM

The Florida Congressman is right to encourage airports to hire PRIVATE security firms. And the criticism lodged against him is a distraction. Over 13 years at the rate of $3000./year, he has received campaign contributions from members of industry that agree with his consistent platform AGAINST the TSA, because federal agencies inevitably abuse authority usurping unconstitutional power. (If the press wants a corruption heyday, they’d better focus on Rangel and Waters for starters.)

That person will have to remain on the premises to be questioned by the TSA and possibly by local law enforcement. Anyone refusing faces fines up to $11,000 and possible arrest.
Sun Sentinal

That arrangement of sentences implies that you won’t face the fine if you submit to TSA and law enforcement questioning after refusing their groping love pats.

As shown at the San Diego Airport, remaining on the premises and being questioned by TSA and law enforcement then INCLUDES the fine and possible arrest at TSA’s discretion.

If logic prevailed, airport security agents would be attending to travelers’ behavior and passports checking traffic from nations hosting terrorism training. No one minds going through a simple metal detector. Profiling, the wand and then finally old fashioned pat downs apply only when the metal detector alarm rings.

The inexcusable, inappropriate TSA convoluted rationale is perversely abusive and insane. It would end up requiring passenger surgical dissection of body parts if left to Napolitano to devise and enforce. Sick.

maverick muse on November 21, 2010 at 8:01 AM

Are you sure Opt-Out is not a government hoax to get you to believe that you have a choice without telling you that the TSA searches and seizures are patently ILLEGAL and against the Constitutional prohibition of searches and seizures without probable cause.

We need to have the Supreme Court of the United States RULE on this issue. Opt-Out is a government slogan, which leaves you thinking you have a choice; when in fact the TSA is acting as a wholesale violator and criminal enterprise in violation of the law.

TSA should be immediately and completely abolished. Searches should be done ONLY as needed with PROBABLE CAUSE.

Obama says the searches are necessary; but we already know how he feels about the law. Obama’s issues are mucked with lies, too. The “birther” issues have been commandeered by Obama’s tripe and ilk: The issue is not where Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. was born, BUT THAT OBAMA’S FATHER WAS NOT EVER AN AMERICAN CITIZEN AND THEREFORE OBAMA, JR. IS NOT, AND CANNOT BE, A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN NOR PRESIDENT.

Keep you eye on the ball. The lies by the Obama and Obama’s administration are corrupting, illegal and sinful.

AdrianS on November 21, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Gitmo..coming to an Airport near you.

Electrongod on November 21, 2010 at 9:48 AM

You ever wonder why these new intimate grope searches started after the Democrats lost in the November elections?
Hmmmm….Perhaps to show US citizens that Obama and the Democrats are in control?

You think they pat down illegal aliens coming into the U.S.?

albill on November 21, 2010 at 10:01 AM

For all of you who decided to sit out 2008 or voted ofr a 3rd party crank because John
McCain wasn’t conservative enough…..how’s that working out for you

angryed on November 21, 2010 at 10:50 AM

I have zero sympathy for TSA. They were warned. They floated the idea of these machines, and the reaction was negative on several levels.

Janet went ahead.

AnninCA on November 21, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Oh goodness, I disagree that this needs to be a “conservative” issue.

TSA is already reconsidering. Sometimes, things need to be simply left to public outcry, which is more effective than Jim DeMint, for goodness sakes.

AnninCA on November 21, 2010 at 11:14 AM

All that is needed is a few questions, some eye contact, and observation from a trained inspector, and these types will be discovered.

That would be too hard, and bureaucrats have always striven to make their jobs as easy as possible. Standing around with their hands in their pockets looking at a TV screen is pretty damned easy. This new invasive, vulgar method of searching is nothing more than bureaucratic thuggery to make certain everyone stands in the imaging machine.

Pelayo on November 21, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Are you sure Opt-Out is not a government hoax to get you to believe that you have a choice without telling you that the TSA searches and seizures of patently ILLEGAL and against the Constitutional prohibition of searches and seizures without probable cause.

We need to have the Supreme Court of the United States rule on this issue. Opt-Out is a government slogan, which leaves you thinking you have a choice; when in fact the TSA is acting as a wholesale violator and criminal enterprise in violation of the law.

Obama says the searches are necessary; but we already know how he feels about the law. Obama’s issues are mucked with lies, too. The “birther” issues have been commandeered by Obama’s tripe and ilk: The issue is not where Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. was born, BUT THAT HIS FATHER WAS NOT EVER AN AMERICAN CITIZEN AND THEREFORE OBAMA, JR. IS NOT, AND CANNOT BE, A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN NOR PRESIDENT.

AdrianS on November 21, 2010 at 12:32 PM

I’m still trying to figure out how touching another person’s genitals is serving one’s country.

zoyclem on November 21, 2010 at 2:46 PM

AdrianS on November 21, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Alex Jones called.
He wants his conspiracy back.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 21, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Travel has always had its hazards. The silk road exposed traders to the whims of the local tyrant.

We no longer have a local tyrant. Islam wishes to become a worldwide tyrant. Fortunately the same discrimination that separated good guys from bad over the ages still work. A few seconds of conversation; it’s called an interview.

Caststeel on November 21, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Ron Paul is right – again.

popularpeoplesfront on November 22, 2010 at 8:27 PM