Megyn Kelly in GQ?

posted at 4:45 pm on November 19, 2010 by Matt Lewis

Mediabistro reports that Fox News’ Megyn Kelly “is in the 2010 GQ Men of the Year issue, which hit newsstands this week.”

According to New York Magazine,

She talks about her fan e-mail: “Some of them just say, ‘You’re hot” — which, you know, I don’t find insulting. But the ones that go a little over the top get deleted right away,” she said. “My rule is, if anybody writes in asking for a head shot and compliments me or the show or just wants one, that’s fine, they can have a head shot. But if they write anything perverted, they’re not getting one … I know what’s going to happen to that head shot.”

Kelly is obviously attractive.  She’s also incredibly smart.

But while it’s not uncommon for TV personalities, commentators and even journalists to benefit from their attractiveness (hey — how do you think I made it this far?), I still can’t help but wonder if being this overtly sexy is a smart move.

Thoughts???

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

crr6 on November 20, 2010 at 12:12 PM

There are many intelligent, successful people who never went to any college. Ray Kroc of McDonald’s being one of them.

You can only dream to be as successful as Megyn Kelly.

ladyingray on November 20, 2010 at 12:35 PM

That’s just terrific.

You can only dream to be as successful as Megyn Kelly.

ladyingray on November 20, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Ok.

crr6 on November 20, 2010 at 12:44 PM

You can only dream to be as successful as Megyn Kelly.

ladyingray on November 20, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Dave Thomas of Wendy’s as well, I believe

DarkCurrent on November 20, 2010 at 12:48 PM

That’s just terrific.

crr6 on November 20, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I agree, it is terrific! It’s terrific that not everyone has to waste years of their lives and borrow a lot of money to get a piece of sheepskin from a so-called elite university in order to feel and to be successful.

I guess some people just need that piece of paper or they feel worthless.

ladyingray on November 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM

I guess some people just need that piece of paper or they feel worthless.

ladyingray on November 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM

You sound a little upset. Or maybe “bitter” would be the better word. Is everything all right?

crr6 on November 20, 2010 at 12:52 PM

crr6 on November 20, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Me? Bitter? About what? I love my life. I’m not rich, but I have a great job with great pay and benefits, and my only child is serving his country in the military. I’m very proud of him.

You’re the one who seems bitter. I think you know you’ll never have the success that Megyn Kelly has and it’s giving you a bit of heartburn.

ladyingray on November 20, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Ah, ok. That’s great!

You just came off as a little bitter there. But you said you’re not, and of course I’ll take your word for it.

Anyway, have a great day.

crr6 on November 20, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I don’t even recognize her.

It’s ridiculous.

AnninCA on November 20, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Yeah, HOT is the word. She looks great.

tx2654 on November 20, 2010 at 1:46 PM

I don’t even recognize her.

It’s ridiculous.

AnninCA on November 20, 2010 at 1:24 PM

We understood you the first ten times. Your redundancy is getting tedious.

AsianGirlInTights on November 20, 2010 at 2:06 PM

We understood you the first ten times. Your redundancy is getting tedious.

AsianGirlInTights on November 20, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Poor Ann. She wants to “borrow” some of the attention mMegyn has…

ladyingray on November 20, 2010 at 2:09 PM

she went to a god-awful law school

Classic stupidity and classless thought.

Harvard has a pretty well-regarded law school, as does the University of Chicago, which was constitutionally defenseless against hiring a black Hyde Park Harvard grad to do something, anything.

Harvard squandered that regard and allowed a nitwit like Obama to end up leading their law review. For their perfidy, they got a guy who has exactly two legal credits to his name at the end of his career:

- He has never published a single word on the law, during school or since, and

- As a do-nothing Senator, he voted against confirming the current Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court, John Roberts, and then — because the first vote just wasn’t pathetic enough for him — he voted to actually filibuster Samuel Alito. Both of them came to the court with the highest recommendations for qualification of any SCOTUS appointee in decades.

As a reprise demonstration of his failed legal education at Harvard, he has since appointed the two weakest SCOTUS dorks since NancyBoy liberal professor Breyer.

So going Harvard isn’t all that, libwit.

Jaibones on November 20, 2010 at 3:05 PM

So going Harvard isn’t all that.

Jaibones on November 20, 2010 at 3:05 PM

My brother-in-law graduated from Harvard Law, and he basically says the same thing, (as do the other grads I know). It seems to impress people outside its walls more than those inside.

DrMagnolias on November 20, 2010 at 3:56 PM

So going Harvard isn’t all that, libwit.

Jaibones on November 20, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Ah, but the Harvard AA-product has the last laugh: by making the SC a place where neither qualifications nor capability no longer matter, he has made it the ultimate AA plum posting ever in the history of our republic. Harvard sowed the seeds of their own destruction.

Back On Topic, Ms. Kelly’s “photo spread” wasn’t particularly risque nor distasteful in any way (to me). The Hott lead-in was only a realist version of the impressionist picture many of us had of her anyway. In fact, considering the high Hott factor on the first photo, the second is unnecessary.

The mind is the most pewerful part of _________ stimulation. I only need enough visual image to remind me that the sky is blue, the female body bodacious, and I’m glad I’m married.

Glad she did it; got my fix. Back to enjoying my 47-year old, not-quite-a-newscaster-but-she’s-still-pretty-hott mother of my children.

rwenger43 on November 20, 2010 at 4:08 PM

OMG she is hot. Another item to drive the left uglies crazy. Sarah, gorgeous with 5 kids and now this……..We live in a media circus while the left is searching for their b**gs and finding Obama an updated teleprompter.

I am not a racist on November 20, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Jaibones on November 20, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I’m not sure why you took my post as an invitation to go on a long rant about Harvard Law and Obama. But hey, as long as you enjoyed yourself.

crr6 on November 20, 2010 at 4:19 PM

sultry (adj.)-SEE Megyn Kelly.

sDs61678 on November 20, 2010 at 4:30 PM

She makes me feel all funny “down there”.

rollthedice on November 20, 2010 at 5:58 PM

She represents the conservitives well

Butch Napolitano gets way too much attention but does fit the libs very well also.

seven on November 20, 2010 at 7:40 PM

I am a graduate of the Harvard Law School. I learned far, far more in the real world and as a lawyer in practice, and my law degree is nothing in my mind compared to what my two sons have achieved as commissioned military officers in the Army and Marines, respectively. J.D., so what. Combat decorated Infantry platoon commanders, WOW!

Phil Byler on November 20, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Okay. I am a woman, so this just bugs me:

Megyn Kelly ‘is in the the 2010 GQ Men of the Year…’

Why is a WOMAN in the “Men of the Year” issue?! I thought that GQ was a men’s fashion mag. Is it now just another Sports Illustrated rag where you have token sports articles so that everyone can see the REALLY hot babes in bikinis (or much less)? (It used to be an annual “Swimsuit Issue” but is now every publish!)

Why? Why not “2010 GQ Most Hot Women of the Year”?
Don’t get me wrong. I admire Megyn Kelly – she is beautiful and brilliant. The photo spread is fine. But she is NOT a “man” – duh!!
Am I the only one who sees the sexist irony of this?

DINORight on November 20, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Apparently, you don’t understand MEN, and the point of GQ magazine.

Why? Why not “2010 GQ Most Hot Women of the Year”?
Am I the only one who sees the sexist irony of this?

DINORight on November 20, 2010 at 8:56 PM

tx2654 on November 20, 2010 at 9:11 PM

No, I don’t think that’s it either. It honestly weirds me out how you guys always attribute your ideological blinders to others. Like I said, I don’t think she’s dumb, it’s just that “incredibly smart” seems a bit over the top.

And I can think of plenty of people I disagree with whom I still consider to be “incredibly smart.” John Roberts is incredibly smart. Richard Posner is incredibly smart. Heck, Richard Nixon was incredibly smart.

I’d say my opinion of her intelligence is based on her credentials, and her performance on her show. As to her credentials, she went to a god-awful law school, and she worked for what is basically the McDonalds of biglaw firms (Jones Day). And I haven’t been particularly dazzled by her intellect after watching her show a few times.

Again, that’s not to say she’s dumb. But I just think it’s weird how the idea that she’s some sort of crazy genius seems to have taken hold here.

crr6 on November 20, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Personally, I find her very clever.
You have to remember that we are refreshed by her intelligence based on the “beautiful woman who reads me the news” scale. (whether we realize it or not)
With that kind of measure, the lady who answered the Wheel of Fortune puzzle with only one letter is a Rocket Scientist.
In the real world, though, I’d wager she’s strongly above average intelligence. Even if she did go to a supposed “God-awful” law school. Granted, I don’t use the same criteria as you. I’m sure you’d admit that there could always be exceptions to even your rules. Yeah?

Just a suggestion, nix the short and childish rebuffs. I do understand your argument. There’s no need to be a pretentious jerk to others, though. :)

Jill_FL on November 20, 2010 at 10:22 PM

You think Megan Kelly is hot?

Wait till you wrap your eyes around Rachel Maddow at MSNBC, or Hillary Clinton, or Michelle Obama, or Whoopie Goldberg, or Joy Behar, or Janeane Garofolo, or Janet Napolitano, or Janet Reno, or Cindy Sheehan, or Sandra Bernhardt.

Now those are some hot chicks!

William2006 on November 21, 2010 at 3:04 AM

Again, that’s not to say she’s [Megan Kelly]dumb. But I just think it’s weird how the idea that she’s some sort of crazy genius seems to have taken hold here.

crr6 on November 20, 2010 at 12:12 PM

crr6,

That is just a fraction of the image I have of Obama.

He is way over rated. Not smart, but sleazy, snarky, deceptive, and a fairly good con man and faker. I do have doubt about his credentials as a student at Occidental, Columbia, and Harvard. I know smart, intelligent, well educated people, and he just does not fit the bill.

He does fit the bill for people who are good at pulling the whool over people’s eyes, deceiving people, over selling things, which some could confuse with being well educated and smart.

I do see cleverness and a wealth of knowledge in Megan Kelly, and, as a contrast, she is smarter than Obama, Kerry, Gore, Hillary Clinton, etc., and she is more likeable.

Regarding the photograph available through the link provided in this opening thread, my first reaction was one of disappointment, and a bit of shock.

I hate seeing such a woman who came off as more classy and serious about her image as I took Megan Kelly for, posting in such a seductive manner. That is something that her husband should have full rights to, and no one else.

Yes, she does look very good in those photographs.

William2006 on November 21, 2010 at 3:12 AM

For those who think Megan Kelly is hot, check out that lady in the House of Representatives. She is SSSOOOO HOT!!!

Her name is Nancy Pelosi!

Wow!

What a hottie!!!!

William2006 on November 21, 2010 at 3:15 AM

Frankly, I don’t understand what’s going through her head. This isn’t necessary. If we want to raise the discourse bar, and if Fox wants to maintain its credibility, this stunt subverts that.

eaglesdontflock on November 21, 2010 at 10:54 AM

I don’t find her that hot. Never have. Something about her face turns me off. Give me Jule Banderas any day.

angryed on November 21, 2010 at 11:18 AM

rwenger43 on November 20, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Copy all that.

I am not a racist on November 20, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Yeah, she’s hot. But frankly I think this type of thing is distasteful generally, and for a pregnant mother and wife to slut up a photo shoot like this is evidence of a striking lack of moral clarity. But that has nothing to do with her bio as a lawyer and news commentator. Both of those professions share space at the lower end of public life with prostitutes and direct mail salesmen.

Jaibones on November 21, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I can’t help but wonder if the women who say only her husband should see this behave in a sexual manner for their husbands, or if they’re so “proper” about their sexuality that they have none.

Ladies, the reason men like to look at photos like this of women is because we want to see women acting sexual. If more wives embraced their sexuality there would be less divorce.

deewhybee on November 21, 2010 at 3:40 PM

deewhybee on November 21, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Like MK I’m also a newly turned 40- something andI DO act ‘sexual’…for my husband…not for the viewing public. You CAN be sexy-in a tomboy-ish way as is in my case-w/o posing for trashy pix in GQ.

annoyinglittletwerp on November 21, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Regarding the link-bait photo:

O…M…G…

Khun Joe on November 22, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Now those are some hot chicks!

William2006 on November 21, 2010 at 3:04 AM

Now you’re just being nasty.

Jaibones on November 22, 2010 at 9:03 AM

She’s smart and sexy…. What’s not to like?

roux on November 22, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Link bait? Oh yeah… NOM NOM NOM! ;-)

itzWicks on November 22, 2010 at 2:07 PM

She’s a smart girl. She’ll figure out her best move by herself. Who are we to say?
I don’t need to see her in any poses. My imagination works just fine. Besides, why would you want to see what you’ll never have in the first place? We all stand a better chance of winning the Lotto than spending an evening with her.
I can appreciate her looks, intelligence, sexiness, success, education just fine without needing to see more skin. Her best attribute is that she doesn’t take any crap…

stacman on November 22, 2010 at 2:49 PM

That photo got better overnight…

Khun Joe on November 23, 2010 at 7:46 AM