Kathy Griffin: Bush is a liar over his fetus in a jar story

posted at 1:55 pm on November 18, 2010 by The Right Scoop

Let me first say that this is chocked full of expletives. The hate meter is pegged on this one. Kathy Griffin seems to think former President Bush is lying on what influenced his decision to become pro-life:

George W. Bush’s pro-life stance solidified when he was a teenager in Texas — after his mother suffered a devastating miscarriage and showed him the fetus in a jar…

“She said to her teenage kid, ‘Here’s the fetus,’ ” the shockingly candid Bush told NBC’s Matt Lauer, gesturing as if he were holding the jar during the TV chat…

“There’s no question that affected me, a philosophy that we should respect life,” said the former president, who had to drive his distraught mother to the hospital at the time.

Kathy Griffin talks as though this is an impossibility because she says the fetus wouldn’t easily fit in a jar. But President Bush never said how old the fetus was or at what point during the pregnancy his mom miscarried. I would assume that the fetus was pretty small to have the impact on him that it did, and could see that easily fitting into a jar. After all, what’s revelatory about seeing a nearly full-size infant and realizing that it is a person.

And besides, what reason would Bush have for lying? He’s done with politics and couldn’t care less what people think. This is nothing more than just sheer hatred for the man by the far Left. It’s the same kind of Lefty hatred that leads to the “Trig truthers” and the whole “Bush lied about WMD’s” myth.

***Content Warning: Language***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

For those wondering, an unborn child looks like a small human very early in development. Doctors typically ask women to bring in the remains, especially if you’ve had multiple miscarriages or are older.

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 2:33 PM

It sounds like there are a few of us here who have experienced it ours was about five years ago, she was a girl.

When we talked to doctors about it they said that very little is know about it and very little research is done on the cause(s). Whether that is because women don’t discuss it (so it never gets much attention), or whether it is because the medical establishment doesn’t consider fetuses to be worth the time and effort, they couldn’t say.

29Victor on November 18, 2010 at 2:38 PM

It all depends. Women often have miscarriages very early on and never know they were pregnant. They just think their periods were a few days late and a bit heavier than usual. That’s essentially what happened to us in one case.

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 2:52 PM

This from the “woman” who proudly and publicly voiced her totally perverse and racist fantasy of Sarah Palin being gang-raped by a group of “her” “black brothers”.

surrounded on November 18, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I remember when her and Gorapolo (sp) started to appear on Comedy Central. Griffen was pretty funny, attractive and reminded me of someone else that I knew who had the same way about her. She kind of disappeared, and I wondered what ever happened to her. Next thing I know she’s back and railing against everything. She either sold her soul, or went nuts (or both).

She’s pathetic. You really have to feel sorry for her….she’s comedy trash.

Hening on November 18, 2010 at 2:54 PM

The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago hauls out an old exhibit once in a while: a number of fetuses, showing the different stages of development, from a couple days all the way through the end of term. And they are stored in, yes, jars.

Hannibal Smith on November 18, 2010 at 2:54 PM

To bad she isn’t more like Bush. As he says, he isn’t a hater. This woman must be very unhappy to hate someone that she doesn’t even know.

I am sorry Kathy that you have had such problems in your life.

SgtRed on November 18, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Moonbats are still fixated on Boooooosh? pffft c’mon.

Alden Pyle on November 18, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Kathy Griffin: Still crazy (and a D lister) after all these years. Who cares what she thinks?

College Prof on November 18, 2010 at 2:56 PM

29Victor on November 18, 2010 at 2:47 PM

I just think it’s an attempt by the medical practitioner to look smart and to try to make us feel better. Fail on both counts for them.

john1schn on November 18, 2010 at 2:56 PM

They just think their periods were a few days late and a bit heavier than usual

People like to say this, but I’ve had a very early miscarriage after a pregnancy was confirmed very early because my cycle was being tracked by my OB/GYN.

The resulting miscarriage was not a “bit heavier than usual” period. I won’t go into details here, but suffice it to say that there is no mistaking a miscarriage at 5 or 6 weeks vs. a normal period.

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 2:56 PM

DEAR THE RIGHT SCOOP:

Some quibble in your analysis. I think we cannot blame Griffin from her accusation.

We do not know, but it could be possible that Griffin usually aborts her “fetus” around 4 months or older. That means Griffin is used to “large fetus” … not small.

Given her experience, Bush’s story is definitely “unbelievable”.

TheAlamos on November 18, 2010 at 2:57 PM

It also appears that she knows NOTHING about the human fetus. Kathy, before you talk, read the book What to expect when your pregnant. It even gives pictures for those of us that need visuals.

SgtRed on November 18, 2010 at 2:57 PM

were it my miscarriage, I certainly wouldn’t be showing it to my kids

It wasn’t like she was like “hey come here and looks at this Georgie!”

She called him in and said she needed to go to the hospital because she had just miscarried and “oh, by the way, yes this is the child I just miscarried the doctor told me to bring in the remains.”

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 2:59 PM

And we are subjected to Kathy Griffin for….?

DDT on November 18, 2010 at 2:59 PM

She is living proof of fetus feces in a jar.

Wade on November 18, 2010 at 2:34 PM

FIFY

Dopenstrange on November 18, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Who’s Kathy Griffin?

wildweasel on November 18, 2010 at 3:03 PM

College Prof on November 18, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Agreed. But I’ve been doing some thinking on this particular issue, and what I find galling is the lack of respect for those that are pro-life. As if being so, is a dirty, malicious thing.

Why? To want to protect the sanctity of life? To protect those to young, and innocent to stand up, and protect themselves? What is wrong with that? Throughout our lives, we’re taugh to not kill. That killing is murder. Yet…some have talked themselves into believing, that if you kill a man on the street, that’s murder, but to kill an unborn baby…that’s ok, because it’s not really a human being. I pray for those who truly believe that.

capejasmine on November 18, 2010 at 3:07 PM

surrounded on November 18, 2010 at 2:53 PM

That was Sandra Bernhard. Although the confusion of two non-funny hags is understandable.

CDeb on November 18, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Well, from the above pic you can see that Ms. Griffin is quite skinny. That, and her Leftist politics, ensure full employment in the Entertainment industry, regardless of her complete lack of talent.

pseudonominus on November 18, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Who is this female cretin? Never heard of her.

Key West Reader on November 18, 2010 at 3:08 PM

I wish Kathy Griffin was an fetus-in-a-jar.

ObamatheMessiah on November 18, 2010 at 3:10 PM

I thought the Bush “jar” story was a little TMI.

I’m not sure if I believe it… were it my miscarriage, I certainly wouldn’t be showing it to my kids.

stenwin77 on November 18, 2010 at 2:48 PM

It certainly is a sensitive story. However, if I had a miscarriage and were prolife (i.e. knew the baby was as much my child as my others), I don’t see it as overly morbid to let a child see his brother or sister who has died, born or unborn, if I thought it would aid in the family’s grieving process.

inviolet on November 18, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Speaking of lies, Kathy has the story wrong, obviously. In the book, Bush says that his mother miscarried at home, and that she put the aborted fetus in a jar to take it with her to the hospital. A young George W. Bush had to drive her to the hospital after it happened, because his father was away on business.

So Kathy, before going around calling people liars, you might want to check that you have the story you’re calling a lie straight before making a complete fool of yourself.

Seixon on November 18, 2010 at 3:13 PM

President George W. Bush also learned a very early lesson about the value of life when his 3 year old sister Robin died of Leukemia when he was just 7 years old.

You may also want to read Laura Bush’s book “Spoken from the Heart” to understand how difficult it was for them to start a family.

George W. and Laura Bush and their family understand more about the value of human life than Kathy Griffin ever will.

Kathy Griffin owes the entire Bush family a public apology.

wren on November 18, 2010 at 3:14 PM

For once I’m glad YouTube is blocked at my job.

Doughboy on November 18, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Ditto.

Sometimes I wonder what it’s like to be like a lefty in a jar. They dare not speak their doubts to anyone. Most intelligent people realize that new facts and different perspectives add richness to our understanding of life (and by extension, our attitudes). Simplistic beliefs of youth are replaced.

Alas, such is not the case with lefties over the age of 35. Kathy Griffin, who just celebrated her 50th birthday, has no excuse.

That’s awfully old to be in a jar, Kathy.

disa on November 18, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Who’s Kathy Griffin?

wildweasel on November 18, 2010 at 3:03 PM

A wicked, trashy creep who ought to remain obscure, but who keeps vomiting outrageous verbal crapola in order to get noticed.

itsnotaboutme on November 18, 2010 at 3:16 PM

capejasmine on November 18, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Considering that many (if not most) of you here, seem to believe all people who are pro-choice are (i) totally evil; (ii) total liars about everything all the time (probably even about what time it is); (iii) have no integrity; (iv) have no morals or conscience; and (v) cannot be valid Christians, what do you respect? What respect do you show the other side?

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Kathy Griffin is an idiot who can’t even get her facts straight. Bush is on record opposing abortion EXCEPT in the case of rape and incest. She starts her rant her claiming he opposes it for cases of rape and incest.

TheBlueSite on November 18, 2010 at 3:18 PM

She is a great recruiter for conservatives.
Just stand back & let her confabulate. The more she is exposed to the public the more conservative votes in 2012.

hoi polloi on November 18, 2010 at 3:24 PM

What respect do you show the other side? Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I respect scorpions. I make sure that when I crush them, they can’t get at my skin.

Akzed on November 18, 2010 at 3:25 PM

There is something sad about this level of radical hatred. Imagine if a George W. Bush impersonator walked into the room during this diatribe…he would have been literally eaten alive! The hateful hyenas in the room would have jumped him, dug their fangs into his neck, and torn him apart! And they would have felt justified in doing so! Animals.

stonemeister on November 18, 2010 at 3:28 PM

When i was a kid, my parents took me to a museum and unfortunately i can’t remember the name of it, but part of the medical and science exhibit was a fetus in a glass jar filled with fluid. So it’s not exactly unheard of to do that.

clearbluesky on November 18, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 3:17 PM

You would have a completely reasonable point, if this issue didn’t appear to get very nearly 100%, literally, of liberals in a snit, and with such determination to avoid or scream down the basic biological facts about fetal development as to seem pathological.

To me this issue of rights for unborn human beings is a cornerstone of morality (and no, I don’t mean religious morality; there are plenty of prolife atheists) because if you won’t protect the very lives of those that biology affirms without a doubt are human and alive, and are indisputably innocent and defenseless, one cannot call oneself truly moral.

There are a lot of nonreligious people who are moral. There are a lot of prochoice people who are confused or ignorant. But those who deliberately refuse to see the facts about innocent human beings and the need for them to be protected, and/or want to shout down those presenting the facts, are IMO de facto immoral.

inviolet on November 18, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Ms. Shragg, my 10th grade biology teacher at Stuyvesant High School way back in the 1970s, had a fetus-in-a-jar in one of the glass cases in her classroom, complete with a kind of tasteless note taped to it saying “See what happens when you don’t eat your vegetables.” (based on that, my strong guess is Ms. Shragg would not be a really big George W. Bush supporter, but she would also provide proof that you can put a fetus in a jar).

jon1979 on November 18, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Amazing.
Such mockery and hate directed at a man, all for the “sin” of loving life so much that he would never want to abort a baby.

JellyToast on November 18, 2010 at 3:33 PM

what do you respect?

I respect a misguided person who thinks that they are somehow “helping women” so long as said misguided person is completely ignorant of human development. I also respect someone who is a complete anarcist and as such thinks that we should have no laws governing human behavior.

I understand, though don’t really respect, the position that abortion is terrible but there’s not much we can do to stop it so we might as well make it as safe as possible for the woman.

If you simply believe, as you obviously do Jimbo, that abortion is peachy keen, I don’t respect you.

Sorry. You advocate killing children.

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 3:35 PM

The funny thing of course is that Kathy Griffin seems to think she has more credibility than George W. Bush. Guess she used the “Bush lied us into war” screech so often that she started believing he’s a liar.

First rule for a propagandist: Don’t believe your own propaganda!

didymus on November 18, 2010 at 3:36 PM

She obviously has never had any children. But then, who’d want her to have their baby?

/shudder

Ward Cleaver on November 18, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Kathy Griffith is beyond ignorant.

A pundit recently got a (somewhat hurtul) dig in a conversation about how I would react to images of an aborted fetus. It hurt for more than one reason, but partly because as a married woman 10 years his senior who is a mother, he might have considered the first hand experience that is possible with that scenario. I suppose he did not, and couldn’t know what it’s like. But Griffith.. My god.

I can easily put to lie KG atrocious stupidity.

I had my own “Barabara Bush” moment; a lost pregnancy (a spontaneous abortion) – still crying and weak from pain, fear and blood loss – had the presence of mind to fish through a toilet full ofclots… partly to determine if the SAb was complete instead of partial, and because…I wanted my baby. I hope if the image is graphic or disgusts you will forgive. It’s just I understand what GW felt.

I scooped it out the largest clot comprising chorion and fetus.

Does Griffith know how small a fetus would be? The fetus, which I examined or stage o development, was nine weeks. It it in my palm; no, the little divot oin the center of my palm. I eventually placed it in a small paper cup for the physician to examine in the emergency room. But first…

I counted it’s toes – it’s feet very much resembled my husbands – but so, so tiny. Looked at its primitive features and lineaments for any resemblance, noting everything was there and in the right place – the eyes, more like slightly covered black eye-spots, the jaw. I have a medical background; family and work ( My first tour of a teratology lab, with harred specimens, was at age five); I expected to be rather more detached than I was.

I had been crying from pain and fear, but I began to be aware I was now was crying for my lost little one. I won’t say it would be like losing the son I bore into life – but it was terrible sorrow. And so tiny, almost exactly nine weeks, in the divot of my palm, but very recognizable not only as human but my own.

Fetuses in a jar, or a paper cup, must be observed coldly and carefully for some purposes. I was trained to do it – but here was this tiny, tiny thing – provoking a powerful feeling of loving tenderness and loss, Grffiith would mock me in the worst way for feeling anything, I suppose, or or softly speaking to a dead thing, or of the caresses bestowed on it.

I was only ever to share the view with my doctor, who looked at it with theclinical eye necessary. He examined it for completeness and sent it to pathology, I was rather sick and had to stay awhile. Perhaps she would attribute my feelings to fever. But the size….what foolishness. What ignorance.

How dare she say what she did. How dare she announce him a fool for reacting as he did, or to call the story a falsehood when she doesn’t understand, obviously, anything about an early pregnancy loss. That jar would have served into the middle of pregnancy at the very least.

May she never need a dixie cup; I wish no one ever did.

SarahW on November 18, 2010 at 3:36 PM

And she’s still on the D list. Keep trying, stupid.

Ward Cleaver on November 18, 2010 at 3:37 PM

I was carrying twins, 4 months pregnant when I miscarried. Since the left doesn’t seem to understand miscarriage, the hospital wants to see the fetus(es). I took mine in wrapped in a bath towel, but (this is gross) they would have both fit into a large pickle jar. What An Idiot.

di butler on November 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I’m so sorry! My wife and I lost our first at a very early stage.

jimmy2shoes on November 18, 2010 at 3:39 PM

D-List? From her language skills, seems more like the FU-List.

Talent? Don’t see it. Sounds like she is trying to relive the good old Mort Sahl days…post November ’63…and doing a terrible job of it as well.

coldwarrior on November 18, 2010 at 3:46 PM

This poor pile of putrid goat dung is even more crazy than I first suspected.

rplat on November 18, 2010 at 3:46 PM

di butler on November 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM
I’m so sorry! My wife and I lost our first at a very early stage.

jimmy2shoes on November 18, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Sorry to hear that. Mine was a long time ago, nearly 20 yrs, and I had already had 2 babies and another miscarriage. I was just one of those people with a weak uterus.

I actually would say I was pro-choice when I was very young. I even held a friend’s hand during an abortion. This was the very moment I became pro-life. It wasn’t a religious conversion, it was an actual “OMG, I can’t believe I was o.k. with this horrific act” kind of decision. If you’ve never seen it with your own eyes, or miscarriaged your own children into your hand and seen what a fetus really looks like at just a few months, then maybe it’s harder to understand.

di butler on November 18, 2010 at 3:49 PM

What a pathetic sorry person…she will die a lonely forgotten has been.
When you are funny because of pure hate…this is what you become. That poor woman, oh she has money, but that poor, pathetic woman.

right2bright on November 18, 2010 at 3:50 PM

clearbluesky on November 18, 2010 at 3:29 PM

I remember the National Geographic with each week photographed in a jar…until birth.

right2bright on November 18, 2010 at 3:52 PM

inviolet on November 18, 2010 at 3:31 PM

And you and I will never agree that a fetus deserves the same protection as a fully developed human. That’s not because I don’t understand the biological facts. That’s because I disagree with you on their significance.

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Give it up. Bush was talking about finding stockpiles of WMD. There’s plenty of evidence found that Saddam had WMDs, especially the fact that he actually used them a couple of times.

It’s a brainless liberal talking point that the failure to find Saddam’s stockpiles of WMDs is some sort of proof that he never had any. It just means that he hid them, moved them, or destroyed them.

Any other interpretation ignores the evidence that he had them.

All this to call Bush a liar, and it still wouldn’t prove Bush a liar since that was the consensus of all nations and agencies looking at Iraq.

I have to wonder why you even bother.

didymus on November 18, 2010 at 3:56 PM

a fully developed human

When does the fairy come and declare one “fully developed”?

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Let’s all take a moment to pause and give Ms Griffin a mighty “THANK YOU!” for having the good sense to not procreate.

wildweasel on November 18, 2010 at 3:59 PM

That’s because I disagree with you on their significance.

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 3:53 PM

So tell us, when is a fetus “significant”?

right2bright on November 18, 2010 at 3:59 PM

When does the fairy come and declare one “fully developed”?

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Based on the sub-class of trolls here these days, apparently the fairy hasn’t stopped by yet for a good number of them.

coldwarrior on November 18, 2010 at 4:00 PM

If he said it, there’s no reason to doubt it.

Bush is a very honest man. He has faults, but making up stories just isn’t one of them.

The desperate attempts by the left to paint him as a liar say a lot more about them than they do about Bush.

didymus on November 18, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I will ask God…why didn’t you allow this woman’s mother to abort her?

right2bright on November 18, 2010 at 4:03 PM

When does the fairy come and declare one “fully developed”?

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Fairies don’t create fetuses, little Ms. bigot.

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 4:05 PM

That’s because I disagree with you on their significance.

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 3:53 PM

That’s OK, I think we can all agree on your significance.

john1schn on November 18, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Read this Jimbo, and tell me she is insignificant.
Or this one
Or this one
Want more insignificant people?

right2bright on November 18, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Fairies don’t create fetuses, little Ms. bigot.

I didn’t realize that dicussing small, mythical creatures made me a bigot. Good to know.

Now, when does a human become fully formed, Jimbo?

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 3:17 PM

That’s a heaping pile of straw men.

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Here, though, is the core of the problem. If you were ignorant of the facts, you could escape any moral judgements. By saying, “I know the facts,” you are saying, “I don’t care that we’re killing a human life.” You would probably follow up by saying, “It’s not really human.” But of course it is. What else could it be?

didymus on November 18, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Griffin’s brains are in a jar somewhere. Certainly not in her skull. There is a vacuum in there.

ultracon on November 18, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I doubt he will have an answer…at least not a valid one.
We will see when he considers a fetus significant…

right2bright on November 18, 2010 at 4:11 PM

capejasmine on November 18, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Isaiah 5:20

samuelrylander on November 18, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Fairies don’t create fetuses, little Ms. bigot.

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Did you miss the Pinocchio reference? Not sure how an extremely relevant point being made (Do you think a two year old is less valuable than an adult? Why or why not? And where do you draw the line for “deserves equal protection,” and why?) qualifies someone for such a fast dismissal: “bigot.”

But thank you for the very quick illustration of my point above: how name calling (translation: “shut up; what you have to say has no value”) on someone just making a fact-related point makes your side look: like you don’t care about facts.

inviolet on November 18, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Now, when does a human become fully formed, Jimbo?

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 4:10 PM

10/10 on the block-the-deflection maneuver

inviolet on November 18, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Didn’t she do a sex tape with Levi for a reality tv show?

BrideOfRove on November 18, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Why? Why even give this person any kind of attention?

Why? It can’t be because traffic is down.

Why? It can’t be because this is relevant to ANYTHING serious or useful.

Why? Why? Why? Why?

It is meaningless just like the person you have given another 15 minutes to….

jcrue on November 18, 2010 at 4:27 PM

CDeb on November 18, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Oh geez, thanks!:)

surrounded on November 18, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Fairies don’t create fetuses, little Ms. bigot.

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 4:05 PM

inviolet on November 18, 2010 at 4:20 PM

And just where did I say “shut up; what you say has no value”. I thought she was talking about gay people.

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 3:56 PM
I doubt he will have an answer…at least not a valid one.
We will see when he considers a fetus significant…

right2bright on November 18, 2010 at 4:11 PM

When it can feel pain.

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Read this Jimbo, and tell me she is insignificant.
Or this one
Or this one
Want more insignificant people?

right2bright on November 18, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Notice two of those were over 20 weeks.

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 4:47 PM

thought she was talking about gay people.

Sure you did.

When it can feel pain.

So people with Congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis are not fully human and thus can be killed at will?

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 4:43 PM

When you said “bigot.” As you well know, it’s a way of trying to devalue another’s statements: “you’re a bigot so what you say has no value.” I assume you’re familiar w/ the term “ad hominem.” And no, that term has nothing to do w/ homosexuals either. ;)

inviolet on November 18, 2010 at 4:51 PM

A fetus even at 6 months is very small. It could easily fit in a bottle or a jar. Why would someone even make an issue out of this?

Terrye on November 18, 2010 at 4:56 PM

inviolet on November 18, 2010 at 4:51 PM

She is a bigot. Here’s the definition: A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, irrationality, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs. The predominant usage in modern American English refers to persons hostile to those of differing race, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, various mental disorders, or religion.

And why does the word “bigot” mean ‘shut up’? Vera told me that she has no respect for me. What do you think that means? “Go to hell and shut up”?

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Sure you did.

When it can feel pain.

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Ok. Or the ability to consciously feel pressure (if you are one of the approximately 60 people in the world with that disease).

The odds of being born with this condition are 1 in 125 million

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 4:59 PM

So you really didn’t think she was talking about gay people, as you claimed at 4:05 and basically said “OK, she wasn’t talking about gay people” at 4:43. (Thanks for admitting to your lie.) Since you know she wasn’t talking about gay people, by your definition you mean you just think she’s “obstinately” devoted to her opinions.

Well, all I can say to that is, you haven’t done much of a job disputing the facts that support her opinions.

For example, don’t think everyone on this thread hasn’t noticed you haven’t answered Vera’s question to you at 4:50.

inviolet on November 18, 2010 at 5:05 PM

And her PhD. is from what university?

diogenes on November 18, 2010 at 5:06 PM

The odds of being born with this condition are 1 in 125 million

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 5:01 PM

inviolet on November 18, 2010 at 5:05 PM

OK, you did answer it (cross posting, sorry). I take that part back. That you’re calling a portion of even the adult population non human however, is pretty troubling. (And not everyone who has an inability to feel pain was born with it, in case that’s not obvious.)

But I dispute your premise in any case. On what scientific basis does “can feel pain” mean a person is more, or less, human? That doesn’t make sense. The only difference it makes is that the human you kill will feel the pain while you’re doing it, or not.

inviolet on November 18, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Never pay an attention whore…

DrDeano on November 18, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Hannibal Smith on November 18, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Yes, I have seen it many, many time when I was young. Haven’t been there in many years, it was a great exhibit.

whbates on November 18, 2010 at 5:14 PM

And why does the word “bigot” mean ‘shut up’?

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 4:59 PM

OK, apparently you’re not familiar with the term “ad hominem.” It’s name calling to say that others aren’t worth listening to (also known as, “shut up”). Here you go.

She hasn’t called you any names, and she’s still talking to you. (And I must admit that your opinions aren’t garnering much respect from me either.)

The way I usually put it is that I respect everyone as a person but their opinions have to get my respect the old fashioned way. Of course I can’t speak for Vera but I’d say based on how she’s discussing w/ you, she’s actually showed you as a person a lot more respect than you’ve shown her. What names has she called you?

inviolet on November 18, 2010 at 5:16 PM

The odds of being born with this condition are 1 in 125 million

So? By your own admission they’re not fully human and thus can be killed.

Any and every arbuitrary definition of when personhood begins runs into the same problem.

The only marker that does not suffer from excluding groups of born humans or including non-human animals is amphimixis. It is at this point that a new human organism is formed.

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Some people, when they lie, it hurts. It’s called having a conscience. Others don’t know about that.

Paul-Cincy on November 18, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Oh, and Jimbo, this isn’t an issue where we can all just agree to disagree and sing kumbaya.

4000 American children are killed every day by abortion. Fully 1/3 of my generation were killed by their own mothers. If I am true to my word and actually do consider these deaths to be the intentional killing of my fellow human beings, how could you expect me to sit quietly by and do nothing?

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 5:22 PM

And Vera, you wouldn’t expect me to sit quietly if I disagree, would you?

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 5:33 PM

I never understand why people give a shit what Kathy Griffin says. Or any Hollywood idiot for that matter.

angryed on November 18, 2010 at 5:37 PM

And Vera, you wouldn’t expect me to sit quietly if I disagree, would you?

No,but fighting for the “right” to kill your kid isn’t exactly a noble fight.

We can all say that no one has the obligation to jump into a lake to save a drowning child, but if people started to march to defend that right with slogans like “Not my problem, save yourself!” I can’t imagine they’d garner much respect.

Vera on November 18, 2010 at 5:39 PM

There are two people in this world who I view as lower than whale shit: Tina Fey and Kathy “suck it Jesus” Griffin.

I won’t waste another moment on these two daughters of bitches.

Sweet_Thang on November 18, 2010 at 5:44 PM

A good man would settle her. He just wouldn’t settle for her.

Immolate on November 18, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Pretty sure watching that video was equivalent to a fetus in a jar.

Rbastid on November 18, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Griffin is awful. She’s not funny, just another aging, angry, perpetual, adolescent, leftist who thinks hate/outrage + profanity + sexual and scatalogical references automatically = humor. If she weren’t so loud and overbearing people would fall asleep during her act, even lefties.

JimP on November 18, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Palin has a great week while Fey & Griffin cover themselves w/ sh*t. Gotta love it!

BHO Jonestown on November 18, 2010 at 6:15 PM

The douche has spoken!

MCGIRV on November 18, 2010 at 6:18 PM

When it can feel pain.

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 4:46 PM

As early as week 7 and no later than week 11.

anuts on November 18, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Wow, that video is a text book example of pure hate.

Zorro on November 18, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Kathy’s dead inside, she just doesn’t know it.

wtng2fish on November 18, 2010 at 6:45 PM

When it can feel pain.

Jimbo3 on November 18, 2010 at 4:46 PM

So if we can medicate someone to the point they feel no pain then we can kill them. Got it.

Yes you are evil.

CWforFreedom on November 18, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Kathy’s dead inside, she just doesn’t know it.

wtng2fish on November 18, 2010 at 6:45 PM

She is one ugly puke . Amazing how the left runs on people like Beck yet you have disgusting people like Griffin who they laugh with. Sick.

CWforFreedom on November 18, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Oh yeah… I forgot… you were there, Kathy….

CynicalOptimist on November 18, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Won’t watch the vid, I already know what an ugly soul she is.

infidel4life on November 18, 2010 at 8:08 PM